Saturday, March 3, 2018

Zedd (1) – Week Of March 3, 2018

Hey guys! For those unaware, I posted my review of Billboard's Year-End Hot 100 chart for 2017 a couple days ago. Be sure to check that out if you haven't already. As far as the countdown this week goes, it was okay. We lost three good songs, but got three more good songs in their places. Our #1 is not good, but more on that in the blurbs. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.


  • All Time Low – Last Young Renegade (#29)
  • Kesha – Praying (#42)
  • Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes (#45)

Last Week's #1 Song: Macklemore/Kesha – Good Old Days
The Countdown
45. Louis Tomlinson – Miss You (#41)
44. Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry (#44) [1 Week At #1]
43. Niall Horan – Slow Hands (#43) [3 Weeks At #1]
42. Maroon 5/SZA – What Lovers Do (#36)
41. Post Malone/21 Savage – Rockstar (#40)
40. Ed Sheeran – Galway Girl (#33) [4 Weeks At #1]
39. The Chainsmokers – Sick Boy (#30)
38. P!nk – What About Us (#39) [1 Week At #1]
37. Wolves – Animal (#35)
36. Dua Lipa – New Rules (#34)
35. X Ambassadors – Ahead of Myself (#10)
34. Alan Walker/Noah Cyrus/Digital Farm Animals – All Falls Down (DEBUT)
33. Shawn Mendes – There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#38) [5 Weeks At #1]
32. Imagine Dragons – Whatever It Takes (DEBUT)
31. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future – End Game (#25) [1 Week At #1]
30. Symon – Lonely Girl (#37)
29. Justin Timberlake/Chris Stapleton – Say Something (#31)
28. Kelly Clarkson – Love So Soft (#27)
27. 5 Seconds of Summer – Want You Back (DEBUT)
26. Camila Cabello – Havana (#26) [1 Week At #1]
25. Portugal. The Man – Feel It Still (#23)
24. Troye Sivan – My My My! (#32)
23. Lauv – I Like Me Better (#24)
22. Imagine Dragons – Believer (#21) [3 Weeks At #1]
21. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar – Pray For Me (#28)
20. AJR/Rivers Cuomo – Sober Up (#19)
19. Camila Cabello – Never Be The Same (#16)
18. Fall Out Boy – Hold Me Tight Or Don't (#17)
17. Eminem/Ed Sheeran – River (#18)
16. P!nk – Beautiful Trauma (#13)
15. Bruno Mars/Cardi B – Finesse (#22)
14. The Adam Levine Experience – Wait (#15)
13. G-Eazy/Halsey – Him & I (#14)
12. Walk The Moon – One Foot (#8)
11. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line – Meant To Be (#11)
10. Charlie Puth – How Long (#2) [2 Weeks At #1]
  9. Halsey – Bad At Love (#5) [2 Weeks At #1]
  8. Ed Sheeran – Perfect (#6) [2 Weeks At #1]
  7. Selena Gomez/Marshmello – Wolves (#9)
  6. MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low (#20)
  5. NF – Let You Down (#12)
  4. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/watt – Let Me Go (#4)
  3. Macklemore/Kesha – Good Old Days (#1) [1 Week At #1]
  2. Imagine Dragons – Thunder (#3) [5 Weeks At #1]
  1. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey – The Middle (#7) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You (4)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: X Ambassadors – Ahead Of Myself (–25)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low (+14)

New Entrants
~ First up we have long-time Hit-Bound veteran Alan Walker featuring Noah Cyrus with All Falls Down. Alan Walker is another underrated producer similar to Kygo. I've enjoyed a good amount of his music in the past and I'm glad he was able to finally debut here with something. I like the production in All Falls Down. It has an interesting drop that I think sounds really good. EDM is not exactly being represented very well at the moment. But I think this song shows that there are still some good dance songs out there. Noah Cyrus doesn't sound as bad here as she usually does. Her voice does still seem a little flat. But it's not awful. That's really the only problem I have with the song. Other than that, it's a very enjoyable listen and I'm glad it was able to make it onto the countdown.

~ Next we have Imagine Dragons with Whatever It Takes. This song spent several months on Hit-Bound to the point where I wasn't sure if it would debut. But it's been gaining some steam lately, which made me believe that it still had a chance. Now here it is. This is one of the better songs off of Evolve, which I personally did not think was a good album aside from a couple of songs including this one. Whatever It Takes is definitely the best single so far from the album. It's very fast and Dan Reynolds sounds really good on the vocals. The verses are enjoyable and I love that pre-chorus, which then leads into what I would refer to as the epic chorus. It's still not their best work by any means. But it's the one single out of the three so far that sounds the closest to their Night Visions days. It's something I can certainly live with and it's truly the Imagine Dragons that I like. Overall, I think the song is very good and I would love to see it do well and replace Thunder in the Top 10 hopefully.

~ Finally we have the return of 5 Seconds Of Summer with their latest single, Want You Back. They've had quite a few hits on this countdown within the past few years. But the only one that was really memorable was Jet Black Heart, which was my #4 favorite song of 2016. Everything else wasn't exactly anything special. Want You Back is a bit different than what they used to do. But I think it's pretty good. The instrumentation on here is good and I really like the vocals. The chorus is enjoyable and it's a very catchy song. It's probably one of their better songs so far along with Jet Black Heart. While I can't really see this being that big of a hit everywhere else, I can see it doing well here. I certainly wouldn't mind because it is a good song. But Hits 1 needs to not do anything crazy with it. I know how much they love 5SOS, but this is not something that should be spending many weeks at the top, even though they haven't had a #1 since She Looks So Perfect. Just putting that out there.


Hit-Bound
~ Here is the Hit-Bound list.


  • Bazzi – Mine
  • Meghan Trainor – No Excuses (DEBUT)
  • Khalid – Young, Dumb, and Broke
  • Rudimental/Jess Glynne/Macklemore/Dan Caplen – These Days
  • Niall Horan – On The Loose
  • Portugal. The Man – Live In The Moment
  • Kesha/The Dap-Kings Horns – Woman
  • Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign – Psycho
  • Thirty Seconds To Mars – Walk On Water
  • Marshmello/Anne-Marie – Friends
  • Welshly Arms – Legendary
  • Keala Settle – This Is Me
  • Alice Merton – No Roots (DEBUT)
  • Dustin Atlas/Erin Bowman – Fake Friends (DEBUT)

~ It was only a matter of time until we'd get the comeback from one of my least favorite artists at the moment, Meghan Trainor. Right off the bat, No Excuses doesn't suck. It's actually a pretty decent song in terms of the production. It has a nice groove to it and the chorus is pretty catchy. Where the song loses me is the songwriting. This is a typical Meghan Trainor song in terms of the lyrics where she's basically saying no to any guy interested in her or even looking at her because apparently all guys are assholes that don't "respect her". It's nothing new, but it gets more annoying each time. Overall, I'm pretty split on this. It's better than All About That Bass, Dear Future Husband, and No. But the lyrics don't have very much to offer. We'll see if my thoughts change. Though I doubt this will get that big.

~ No Roots definitely had some potential, but the song just falls flat for me. It's been around for quite a while and I just haven't been able to get into it. I like the bass, but there isn't very much else this song has to it. I expected a little bit more out of the chorus with how the verse and pre-chorus led up to it. There are no spectacular moments in the song and there's virtually nothing interesting about it. The simplicity here doesn't work as well as it did with songs Shape of You by Ed Sheeran and Attention by Charlie Puth. The production just doesn't do it for me unfortunately. I also find her voice irritating, especially in the verses and pre-chorus, making this an unenjoyable listen. Overall, I'm not a fan of this. It's not the worst thing ever and I may come around to it. But I just don't find it very interesting at all.

~ At first listen, Fake Friends was only okay. But after a few more listens, it's grown on me. I like the production and both artists sound pretty good on vocals. The lyrical content is somewhat relatable. I really don't have much else to say. Overall, it's a good song. It's not amazing, but I like it for what it is. I wouldn't mind seeing this on the countdown at some point.


Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. Keala Settle – This Is Me
2. Rudimental/Jess Glynne/Macklemore/Dan Caplen – These Days
3. Thirty Seconds To Mars – Walk On Water
4. Kesha/The Dap-Kings Horns – Woman
5. Dustin Atlas/Erin Bowman – Fake Friends


Blurb You Back
~ I'm really not surprised with The Middle being #1 this week. But it certainly doesn't make me happy. I'm sure this encourages Zedd to continue producing these mediocre-type songs. I've done a lot of comparing to his previous two albums because, truthfully, The Middle is shit compared to some of the songs from those. But even not comparing them, The Middle is still beyond mediocre. There's no originality because it sounds like Starving and Stay. The "drop" sounds very bad and the sound effects in the background are painful to the ears. I'll admit that Maren Morris sounds decent here. But the more I hear this, the more her voice gets on my nerves. So yeah, I'm not really happy about this. At least Good Old Days got to spend a week at the top because I'm sure The Middle will be there for a little while with how much Hits 1 has been obsessing over it on their Instagram.

~ Here we go again with Thunder being the #2 song in North America. Who the hell is still listening to this? It shouldn't even be in the Top 10 anymore. But Hits 1 has been all over their latest album even though the majority of it sucks. I'm still okay with Believer. But Thunder makes it seem like the band is selling out and trying to get a radio hit and that annoys me. They're very talented when they do what makes them stand out. Songs like Whatever It Takes and Walking The Wire show that. Thunder, on the other hand, shows that it doesn't take much to have a smash hit.

~ NF – Let You Down seems to have jumped up into the Top 5 this week. I'm very okay with this. I think the song has a good meaning to it and I like the vocals for the most part. I'm glad this song has been successful so far. I wouldn't mind it staying this high for a little while.

~ MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low has now hit a new peak in the Top 10 at #6. It's still crazy to think about how far this song has come. I remember loving it when it first debuted on Hit-Bound over a year ago. I still love it to this day and I'm glad the song is having a second chance at success here. It's a very sweet song and it deserves to be successful.

~ Camila Cabello – Never Be The Same has been getting worse every time I hear it. Her voice is just not good, especially when she attempts to go high before the chorus. It makes the song hard to listen. She doesn't even sound good in the chorus either. She's trying way too hard. Personally, I think she sounds better in songs like Havana where she doesn't try that hard to sound good. That being said, I'm hoping this song can drop soon.

~ Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future – End Game is already out of the Top 30. I guess her Reputation era is just not meant to be as successful as her 1989 era. It's certainly not as good of an album. But this is the third single now and, while it reached the Top 5 and even #1, it still didn't last long. Either Hits 1 is losing interest, which I doubt is the case, or the voters are not fans, which would make sense. This song was actually pretty good compared to the last two, which is unfortunate. But oh well. At least it spent a week at the top.

~ X Ambassadors – Ahead Of Myself took quite a drop this week from the Top 10 out of the Top 30. I am impressed with how well it did these past couple of months. But I don't think a drop like that was necessary. I get that it's not popular elsewhere. But it would've been better to just let it drop slowly in my opinion. Hopefully the song can stick around for a little while longer.

~ The Chainsmokers – Sick Boy took a little drop on its second week, which isn't too surprising considering its lack of airplay. Frankly, I don't care too much about what will happen to it. It's a good song, but they've definitely done better. If it does well, then that's great. If not, then that's fine too. But if this song is going to stay and do nothing, we might as well just have a different song come in its place because we don't need it here hogging up a spot if it's not going to do anything.

~ Maroon 5/SZA – What Lovers Do has fallen into the Bottom 5 this week. The end may be near with this song. It was enjoyable while it lasted. It might be the last really good Maroon 5 song in a while.

~ As far as the exits go, Last Young Renegade left a little too soon. It was good while it lasted. Too Good At Goodbyes did pretty well here, which I'm happy about. It's still a very good song and I'm glad Sam Smith had a good comeback. Finally we have Praying, which was obviously a huge favorite of mine as well as the blogging community. It was a very emotional song and I'm glad it was a big hit for Kesha. After everything she's been through, she deserved it. This song will never be forgotten. Thank you for your time and service, Praying.


Top 20 Review
0 – Crap:
20. Imagine Dragons – Thunder

1 – Bad:
19. Camila Cabello – Never Be The Same
18. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey – The Middle
17. AJR/Rivers Cuomo – Sober Up

2 – Mediocre:
16. Fall Out Boy – Hold Me Tight Or Don't

3 – Decent:
15. Halsey – Bad At Love

4 – Good:
14. Maroon 5 – Wait

5 – Great:
13. Selena Gomez/Marshmello – Wolves
12. Charlie Puth – How Long
11. NF – Let You Down
10. Ed Sheeran – Perfect
9. P!nk – Beautiful Trauma
8. Bruno Mars/Cardi B – Finesse
7. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line – Meant To Be
6. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/F.G.L./watt – Let Me Go
5. G-Eazy/Halsey – Him & I
4. Eminem/Ed Sheeran – River
3. MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low

BONUS: 6 – Best Song On The Countdown:
1. TIE: Walk The Moon – One Foot
1. TIE: Macklemore/Kesha – Good Old Days

Overall Score: 79/100 = 79% (B)


Throwback Pick Of The Week: Coldplay – The Scientist (since Chris Martin's birthday was yesterday)

Most Missed Countdown Song: Coldplay – A Sky Full Of Stars

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Khalid/Normani – Love Lies

Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: The Weeknd/Daft Punk – I Feel It Coming


My Top 5 Picks
1. TIE: Macklemore/Kesha – Good Old Days
1. TIE: Walk The Moon – One Foot
3. Justin Timberlake/Chris Stapleton – Say Something
4. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar – Pray For Me
5. MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low

295 comments:

  1. Wow. I actually beat Montavis. I don't know if that has ever happened before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sure did. Now that's a first.

      And about that recommendation, I just did a YouTube 15 review on the song if you want to check it out.

      Delete
    2. I actually just read your post. First off, nice job as usual. And second, I'm glad you like the song too. It's a nice collab and probably one of Khalid's best performances. Love, Simon also looks like a really good movie.

      Delete
  2. Throwback pick Of the week: Coldplay- Viva La Vida
    Most Missed Countdown Song: The Chainsmokers/Coldplay- Something Just Like This

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thunder, feel the thunder, lighting and the thunder.

    End Game has been going the same route her other singles have, not very good call-out scores on radio and flopping hard, that's why they've been dropping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some thoughts on this countdown:

    - Geez, Adrian. You really hate Thunder that much? That's quite unexpected.

    - I'm definitely with you on Never Be The Same. I talked about this a few weeks ago. Her vocals are grating, indeed.

    - And yes, Praying will for sure be missed. Easily the best comeback single from last year. This song is still amazing. I'll also be grieving over its departure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. It’s not 3018.

    2. “Here we go again with Thunder being the #2 song in North America. Who the hell is still listening to this?“

    Me, because it’s a great song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. Maybe someone likes to imagine it is and that we're living in Futurama times. (Which is a great show btw)

      2. Exactly, so stay pressed haters.

      Delete
    2. My thoughts exactly. Well actually, I do still like Thunder, though not quite as much.

      Delete
  6. Nice post, Adrian!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *Looks at Mine in red*

    (facepalm)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for #teamnonoroots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU’D BETTER NOT DELETE THIS COMMENT, ADRIAN!!!!!!

      Delete
    2. You heard what ATR said. Please don’t do it.

      Delete
    3. Anonymous, you can’t tell him what to delete. I know he’s going to delete this comment and I don’t want that to happen.

      Delete
    4. Yeah. I don’t want that to happen, either.

      Delete
    5. Adrian, I’m eliminating the delete button for good. I actually love those types of comments. But if you delete it, ATR is going to be very mad. So please don’t delete ATR’s comment.

      Delete
    6. *Sees Adrian deleting ATR’s comment*

      OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!! HOW DARE DID YOU DELETE ATR’S COMMENT!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS FUCKING RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    7. I’m not even going to bother with you. -__-

      Delete
    8. Sorry ATR. Look what Adrian did to your comment.

      Delete
    9. Wait a minute……

      HE ALREADY DELETED IT?! OH NO!!!!!! WHAT AM I GONNA DO???!!!

      Delete
    10. This is nothing new! I will delete any long, unnecessary comments that take up a huge amount of space! It’s pointless to have lines and lines and lines in one comment if it’s just one two-letter word!!! I don’t care if ATR gets mad because I warned him way too many times. Yet he chooses to keep doing this. It’s beyond frustrating that you make me seem like the bad guy every single time.

      Delete
    11. Just delete this whole conversation. It’s ATR just pointlessly arguing with himself.

      Delete
    12. Adrian: But I actually love those types of comments.

      Parker: No, let’s not do that.

      Delete
    13. Well no one else does, and unfortunately for you majority rules here.

      Delete
    14. Anonymous: https://tinyurl.com/hhp2eaz

      Delete
    15. DELETING THOSE TYPES OF COMMENTS MAKE ME LOATHE!!!!!

      Delete
    16. I don’t care. And in a little while I’m going to delete this whole conversation.

      Delete
    17. Everybody settle down there leg foot.

      Delete
    18. Look, ATR. Nobody fucking cares if you like it. It's annoying and it makes people want to leave because of you, Chase, and "Anonymous" doing stupid bullshit that is not funny. We've had 3 people leave the blogging community this month and I'm not trying to be the 4th one!

      Delete
  10. Also Adrian, quick piece from your previous post: "I was very unpleased (Blogger tells me that's not a word apparently) listening to them."

    I think the word Blogger wants you to use is "displeased", not "unpleased". Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  11. http://mymusicreviewingblog.blogspot.com/2018/03/my-top-50-songs-of-2017.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adrian, some good news for you: Shawn Mendes is releasing new music on March 23. Yup. So get excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully that means TNHMB can leave the countdown finally. -_-

      Delete
    2. What is the song title called?

      Delete
  13. Sorry, guys. I forgot about this, but my post was out yesterday if you haven't checked it out.

    https://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2018/03/zedd-maren-morris-1-week-of-march-3-2018.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Psycho has already had 1 spin.







    Oh my god.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!!!

      Delete
    2. Anonymous, apologize for saying that.

      Delete
    3. No he doesn't have to apologize for shit.

      Delete
    4. Anonymous: I need you to apologize to me and say I'm sorry. I need you to please stop cursing already, like I told you many times before. I'm not happy at all. Psycho has even more spins.

      Delete
    5. Shut the fuck up and go away like you said you would.

      Delete
    6. I was just saying that because Psycho has a lot of spins.

      Delete
  15. Also guys, massive news, so gap for spoilers...















    As of last week, Shape Of You looks to pass Uptown Funk on Decade-End/Greatest of All Time. It actually did it. For some reason I can't be too surprised by it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My chart will not be out today as I am trying to get my WC post out but I will give you all the Top 10 (excluding the #1):

    10. Bruno Mars featuring Cardi B - Finesse (Remix) (#10)
    9. NF - Let You Down (#12)
    8. Walk The Moon - One Foot (#9)
    7. Miguel featuring Travis Scott - Sky Walker (#21)
    6. WØLVES - Animal (#4)
    5. All Time Low - Last Young Renegade (#8)
    4. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (#5) [Spent 2 Weeks At #1]
    3. Migos - Stir Fry (#3)
    2. AJR featuring Rivers Cuomo - Sober Up (#1) [Spent 2 Weeks At #1]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  17. Those are the most entrants for pop radio I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  18. http://siriusxmhits1review.blogspot.com/2018/03/zedd-maren-morris-grey-week-of-march-3.html

    #OldZeddIsDead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh, no. ZEDD is not dead, he's alive.

      Delete
    2. It's a fucking joke you brain-dead idiot.

      Delete
    3. Miles, would you please stop swearing that word 'cause it is not a joke, it's serious.

      Delete
    4. Except it was a fucking joke, like how "the old Taylor is dead" seriously get your brain dead ass out of here now.

      Delete
  19. This Is Me is now #1 on iTunes.

    The Middle is still #3.

    No Excuses is barely hanging onto #5.

    The Champion is still in the top 10 for some reason.

    And Psycho is out of the top 10.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very happy about this. I absolutely love this song. It's one of my favorites right now. She did a great job at the Oscars last night.

      Because America really likes mediocrity and generic beats. The song's over-promotion is what's keeping it alive after Get Low flopped.

      I can't see this one staying this high for much longer. I don't think it'll flop that quickly. But it certainly won't do as well as her previous hits.

      Very interesting indeed. Quite strange, but I'm not complaining. It's a great song and Carrie Underwood really shows off her fantastic voice.

      This I'm happy about. Though I don't hate the song, I don't see the appeal. I'm just not one with Post Malone. There's worse out there, but this is still not that great.

      Delete
    2. I just find it mediocre and generic.

      Surprise, I'm starting to enjoy The Middle now. And it does sound lik Stay more thna it does Starving, because the drop isn't AS annoying and pathetic like Starving's was.

      It doesn't have the streaming to go anywhere, and it's airplay is taking a long time to catch up. I don't see this being a big hit, or even a moderate to minor hit, it feels like a flop single to me. Which is sad, becaise I really do like this song now.

      I just wish it had the airplay and streaming it deserves and it could have been a moderately sized hit.

      Though not as good as Rockstar or Candy Paint, I do find this song to be either boringly mediocre, or passable at best.

      Delete
    3. rockstar sucks, but Psycho is awesome.

      Delete
  20. http://mymusicreviewingblog.blogspot.com/2018/03/my-top-50-songs-of-2017.html

    So, in case you didn't see I released my top 50 songs of 2017

    ReplyDelete
  21. Billboard Hot 100 so far:

    1. God's Plan (#1 in streaming, Hot R&B/Hip-Hop, and Hot Rap Songs, #2 in sales, #5 in radio)
    2. Psycho (#2 in streaming, #1 in sales)
    3. Perfect (#1 in radio)
    4. Finesse (#1 Hot R&B Songs)
    5. Havana
    6. Look Alive (#3 in streaming)
    7. Mean To Be (#1 in Hot Country Songs, #8 in radio)
    8. Rockstar
    9. Pray For Me
    10. All The Stars
    11. The Middle (#1 in Hot Dance/Electronic Songs)
    13. Let You Down
    15. Him & I
    16. Gummo (Jumped because of the album bomb)
    19. LOVE
    22. 44 More (2nd highest debut of the week, behind Psycho)
    23. Lights Down Low
    24. Never Be The Same (New peak)
    25. Wolves
    29. Say Something
    45. Sorry Not Sorry
    58. Love Lies
    79. Echame la Culpa
    84. Tell Me You Love Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course Gummo had to jump.

      Delete
    2. “7. Mean To Be”

      There is nothing mean about this song. It is harmless, and it’s chart position proves it because people, like me, love it.

      Delete
    3. - *sees #2* Just no, people. Can we not with that one? Sure, let's have that one debut at #2 and let songs like For You flop.

      - *sees #16* Again, just no. I hate Gummo with a fiery passion. And sadly, this looks like it's here to stay for a while longer.

      - The Middle closing in on the Top 10? That's nothing but good news.

      - At least Wolves is still hanging on, so that's nice.

      - Not too thrilled about Love Lies dropping. I hope it recovers soon because I like that one and it's one of Khalid's best so far.

      Delete
    4. Parker, It was a typo, I didn't put the "t" in.

      Montavis: Yeah, not gonna happen with streaming.

      Also, Gummo already peaked at #12 and is destined to be in the year end, and I am sure it'll be on everyon'e worst list, hopefully #1.

      Delete
    5. It was a joke. I have encountered many different haters of that song, so it's not entirely true anyway.

      Delete
    6. And besides I still think the song is pop-country garbage that never should have gotten popular. I Got You should have been a hit, not this.

      Delete
    7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  22. Hits 1 Recommendations:
    Drake - God's Plan
    We the Kings/Elena Coats - Sad Song
    Vance Joy - Lay It on Me
    Paramore - Rose-Colored Boy
    Logan Henderson - Bite My Tongue
    Taylor Swift - Delicate
    Migos - Stir Fry
    Saweetie - ICY GRL
    Post Malone - I Fall Apart (as a re-entry)
    BlocBoy JB/Drake - Look Alive
    Jacquees & DeJ Loaf - At the Club
    Logic & marshmello - Everyday
    DJ Khaled/JAY-Z/Future/Beyoncé - Top Off
    Bülow - Not a Love Song
    Janelle Monáe - Make Me Feel
    Kendrick Lamar & SZA - All the Stars
    Iggy Azalea/Quavo - Savior
    Miguel/Travis Scott - Sky Walker
    Tom Walker - Leave a Light On
    Eden xo/Travis Mills - Say That Again
    Kent Jones - Merengue
    Quinn XCII - Straightjacket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. inb4 WAMB10 says no one cares about any of them which is clearly false since people are buy, streaming and listening to some, if not all of them in one way or another.

      Delete
    2. I Fall Apart will not re-enter Hits 1 because it’s already unavailable to vote.

      Delete
  23. Not to be that guy but...

    #1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Migos - Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, let’s not do that.

      Delete
    2. Sorry Anonymous, but I'm actually with Dylan and Miles on that one. Unfortunately, I doubt Hits 1 will pick up on Stir Fry since they're not very kind to the hip-hop/rap genre (outside of Post Malone).

      Delete
    3. You mean outside of any white rapper (Bonus if they play it safe and are generic fluff for radio airplay like some of Eminem and Macklemore's music)

      Delete
  24. OMG Hits 1 keeps playing Spencer - Whatever if this actualy makes the countdown after I Miss You didn't I will die (NOt actually but you get my point)

    Also, Hits 1 played This Is Me NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hate to break it to you Dylan, but Adrian begs to differ, and so do I (at least on This Is Me).

      Delete
    2. I respect your opinion on it even though it isn't really a radio-friendly song or a song popular on radio in general.

      Also, wasn't there another version of this song with Kesha?

      Delete
    3. I guess they didn't try to push that version with Woman being pushed.

      Delete
    4. Which is stupid because Woman is far more superior than This Is Me, and should have gotten the proper push it needs/deserves.

      Delete
    5. Dylan: No please stop dying, just calm down and be yourself.

      Delete
    6. Why don’t you like This Is Me?

      Delete
    7. Because it feels like another unoriginal, cliche, self-empowerment anthem, and it's overly bombastic and the production is just wonky. AKA, I refer to you my review of the song when it debuted on the Hot 100.

      "I feel like I should like this song, but I just can't. For some reason when she's belting I feel like her voice is gonna crack soon, but it just doesn't. Not only that, but it just feels like an overly bombastic, cliche, inspirational song with nothing to remember from this song. I may actually like songs like Fight Song, Roar, Firework, Rise and more, but I have a limit, and this is testing that. Also, Let It Go did it much better."

      Delete
    8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    9. ^I agreed with your comment for the most part. But we do not tell other people to kill themselves here. That’s crossing the line.

      Delete
    10. I listened to it a couple times and it actually is decent now. I feel like I could really like it if I tried.

      Also, inb4 Anonymous comments about WAMB10 changing her icon.

      Delete
    11. And Remy’s comments are just what he thinks about profile pics.

      Delete
  25. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Papa Roach - Born for Greatness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Hits 1 has had a weird fetish for alternative music lately but that song is not going to be on there.

      Delete
  26. Wait a minute WAMB10……

    A new profile pic?

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Excuses is now #1 on iTunes.

      Also Dancer by Flo Rida is in the top 40.

      Delete
    2. I definitely heard about that song. Yet his poor counterpart, Pitbull, hasn’t been able to chart since Greenlight in late 2016. Not only did that song deserve so much better, but he even had a new song with E-40 named Jungle that I thought was pretty enjoyable, but sadly also got nowhere.

      Then again, Cake a year ago had a brief bit of momentum but also hit a wall so we’ll see here.

      Delete
    3. No one cares about what YOU think ATR.

      Delete
    4. I am surprised he didn't comment as Anonymous this time.

      Delete
    5. Dylan, ATR actually doesn’t comment as Anonymous.

      Delete
    6. I'm so fucking done with this mess.

      Delete
    7. No you're not, you really need to talk about music stuff, that's all.

      Delete
    8. Woah hold up, Chase. (Get it because I got it from Meant To Be?) Some people talk about other stuff than just music. Even though it is a weekend countdown blog, they can still talk about other stuff.

      Delete
  28. #1 Recommendation For Hits 1: L.I.F.T. - Casette Tapes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous: That song will never make or even TOUCH by Hits 1!!!

      Delete
    3. I REALLY WANT IT TO BE ON HITS 1!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  29. Top 20

    1. God's Plan by Drake (1)
    2. Psycho by Post Malone ft. Ty Dolla $ign (New)
    3. Perfect by Ed Sheeran (2)
    4. Finesse (Remix) by Bruno Mars ft. Cardi B (3)
    5. Havana by Camila Cabello ft. Young Thug (4)
    6. Look Alive by BlocBoy JB ft. Drake (5)
    7. Meant To Be by Bebe Rexha ft. Florida Georgia Line (8)
    8. Rockstar by Post Malone ft. 21 Savage (6)
    9. Pray For Me by The Weeknd & Kendrick Lamar (9)
    10. All The Stars by Kendrick Lamar & SZA (7)
    11. The Middle by Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey (13)
    12. Stir Fry by Migos (10)
    13. Let You Down by NF (12)
    14. New Rules by Dua Lipa (11)
    15. Him & I by G-Eazy & Halsey (14)
    16. Gummo by 6ix9ine (25)
    17. Thunder by Imagine Dragons (16)
    18. I Fall Apart by Post Malone (19)
    19. Love. by Kendrick Lamar ft. Zacari (15)
    20. Mine by Bazzi (18)

    Fell Off Top 20

    21. Bad At Love by Halsey (17)
    23. Light Down Low by MAX ft. gnash (20)

    Big Gains (10+)

    43. Whatever It Takes by Imagine Dragons (60)
    44. Heaven by Kane Brown (54)
    55. Plug Wank by Rich The Kid (69)
    62. Nowadays by Lil Skies ft. Landon Cube (73)
    63. Keke by 6ix9ine, Fetty Wap & A Boogie Wit da Hoodie (82)
    71. Candy Paint by Post Malone (84)
    78. IDGAF by Dua Lipa (96)
    85. Rubbin Off The Paint by YBN Nahmir (97)

    Big Losses (10+)

    46. River by Eminem ft. Ed Sheeran (34)
    58. Love Lies by Khalid & Normani (43)
    74. You Broke Up With Me by Walker Hayes (64)
    76. Paramedic! by SOB x RBE (65)
    84. Tell Me You Love Me by Demi Lovato (71)
    90. The Ways by Khalid & Swae Lee (68)
    91. When We by Tank (79)

    Dropouts

    Shape Of You by Ed Sheeran (24, 1, 59 weeks)
    Too Good At Goodbyes by Sam Smith (45, 4, 24 weeks)
    Gucci Gang by Lil Pump (47, 3, 24 weeks)
    I Get The Bag by Gucci Mane ft. Migos (49, 11, 27 weeks)
    Let Me Go by Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso ft. Florida Georgia Line & watt (50, 40, 22 weeks)
    Big Shot by Kendrick Lamar & Travis Scott (83, 71, 2 weeks)
    Legends by Kelsea Ballerini (87, 68, 12 weeks)
    End Game by Taylor Swift ft. Ed Sheeran & Future (91, 18, 14 weeks)
    For You (Fifty Shades Freed) by Liam Payne & Rita Ora (92, 76, 3 weeks)
    One Foot by WALK THE MOON (98, 65, 8 weeks)
    Female by Keith Urban (99, 69, 6 weeks)

    Returning Entries

    82. Dark Knight Dummo by Trippie Redd ft. Travis Scott
    89. Kooda by 6ix9ine

    New Entries

    2. Psycho by Post Malone ft. Ty Dolla $ign
    22. 44 More by Logic
    60. Billy by 6ix9ine
    61. Want You Back by 5 Seconds Of Summer
    73. Rondo by 6ix9ine ft. Tory Lanez & Young Thug
    81. Booty by Blac Youngsta
    96. She's With Me by High Valley
    98. Break Up In The End by Cole Swindell
    99. Make Me Feel by Janelle Monae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll just share my takes on this:

      First off, good riddance to both Lil Pump – Gucci Gang and Gucci Mane featuring Migos – I Get The Bag. Those two will never be missed. Very sad about the departures of Walk The Moon – One Foot, Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso featuring Florida Georgia Line and Watt – Let Me Go, Liam Payne featuring Rita Ora – For You, and Taylor Swift featuring Ed Sheeran and Future – End Game. The very latter unfortunately won't make the Year-End list, seeing as many are not too fond of Taylor Swift's new direction. At least One Foot and Let Me Go are successful on Hits 1, but they didn't really take off elsewhere. Too Good At Goodbyes had a good run for a Sam Smith comeback single. I wonder will we get more from him soon?

      It's nice to see Dua Lipa – IDGAF making some early big gains. If this becomes another hit, then people will start to take her seriously and I certainly wouldn't mind that. I know it's still early in the year, but she could potentially be a breakout artist should her success continue.

      Not too surprised about Imagine Dragons – Whatever It Takes jumping big. This looks destined to become another hit for these guys, given that it's near the Top 5 in iTunes along with big radio gains. I'm sure Dylan will be pleased about this, and I am too.

      Well, it looks like River is going to flop. Not even Ed Sheeran can help Eminem get a huge hit it seems.

      Speaking of Ed Sheeran, Shape Of You has finally left. His big return was welcomed by many and thus, would go on to have huge success everywhere, reaching #1 on many different charts. It looks poised to potentially be the #1 song of the decade. Good-bye, Shape Of You. You lasted long and hard on Billboard. I will miss you.

      Delete
    2. Montavis: Regarding to your statement about Sam Smith, I heard he may be releasing Pray as a single.

      As you said, I am very happy that WIT is jumping.

      Delete
    3. For You and One Foot are flops, but we let Gross Malone get another top 5 hit? America, what kind of drugs are you on?

      Delete
    4. That's what Sam Smith is planning on from what I saw, but I haven't heard anything else about it. We'll see what happens.

      On the note of iTunes, bad news for you: Meghan Trainor – No Excuses is #1 right now. And guess who's sitting right behind it?

      Delete
    5. Actually, while Shape Of You looks set to pass Uptown Funk on Decade-End/All-Time, as I mentioned, it doesn't look like it'll pass Party Rock Anthem. And yeah all those departures are disappointing, I actually liked End Game, and For You and One Foot surely deserved better.

      Delete
    6. Ugh. The Middle is at #2, isn't it?

      Delete
    7. Parker: Luckily Psycho has dropped out of the top 10 on iTunes, it's airplay momentum is slow and not as fast as God's Plan or Rockstar's rise was, but it's become a margins game on streaming, especially on-demand. And unless Finesse can get some sales boost or a streaming monster, or just nerf streaming in favor of sales and airplay it's become a two horse race between God's Plan and Psycho.

      Delete
  30. Early Weekend Countdown Predictions:
    Exits:
    End Game
    Animal
    Sick Boy

    Entrants:
    No Excuses
    This Is Me
    Fake Friends

    #1: Good Old Days (2nd Week)

    HitBound Entrants:
    Delicate
    Capital Letters
    Get Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get Out by who?

      Delete
    2. And why do you want it to debut Hit Bound?

      Delete
  31. So, unrelated news: DJ KHALED! will have a new song with Demi Lovato called I Believe for the A Wrinkle In Time film releasing this Friday.

    Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  32. On Hits 1:
    SIT NEXT TO ME - FOSTER THE PEOPLE
    TELL ME YOU LOVE ME - DEMI LOVATO
    IDGAF - DUA LIPA

    Removed:
    WHAT ABOUT US - PINK
    END GAME - TAYLOR SWIFT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell Me You Love Me is long overdue. It's been a while since I've listened to Foster The People. But Sit Next To Me is a very good song.

      What About Us had a nice run here and I'm glad it was able to hit #1. End Game pretty much flopped, which isn't that surprising.

      Delete
    2. I forgot, End Game was never up for voting.

      Delete
    3. Okay well then it'll probably stick around a little bit longer. But regardless, it is still a flop everywhere else.

      Delete
    4. And according to DogstarRadio, it's still playing, so it's not gone for good.

      I'm sad about the departure of P!NK – What About Us, also.

      The good news: I heard Keala Settle – This Is Me a lot throughout the week. So, look for that to debut this weekend.

      As for our Hit-Bound debuts, it's good to see Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me on the voting poll. Same with Dua Lipa – IDGAF. I haven't heard Foster The People – Sit Next To Me yet.

      Delete
    5. I'm happy with all of our songs new on Hits 1, especially IDGAF.

      What About Us leaving was long overdue but I still think it is a decent song.

      Delete
    6. I remember in the weekend that Stay left, it had a lot of spins.

      Delete
    7. I will say, it would be sad if End Game, after hitting #1, leaves as quickly as this and doesn't even make the Year-End countdown, kinda like The Greatest last year, which after hitting #2 tumbled down and left less than eight weeks after.

      Delete
  33. I just realized Hits 1 put "Fake Friends" on the poll as the uncensored title "Fake Ass Friends". Oops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh... that’s interesting.

      Delete
    2. I'm pretty sure I heard the uncensored version on Hits 1 over the weekend.

      Delete
    3. That reminds me of the time when there were 2 Now Or Nevers in the voting poll.

      Delete
    4. Hey I just heard that you have a new profile pic, WAMB10.

      Delete
    5. Adrian: Hmm. That's weird.

      Delete
  34. Just listened to What Lovers Do again and I realized how more success it could've had if it was released in the spring/summer and not fall. It seems more like a spring song to me.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Walk The Moon is releasing Kamikaze as the next single off of What If Nothing.

    Can't say I like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  36. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol that dropout is not happening.

      Delete
    2. If Young, Dumb, & Broke leaves Hit Bound, ATR is going to be pleased.

      Delete
    3. Then why doesn't ATR comment that instead of you?

      Delete
    4. Also why would you delete that lol.

      Delete
  37. last thing I will comment here for now, but Anime is releasing a new single with Kehlani and it is going to urban radio titled Ḧeebiejeebies (Yes that is the title).

    This would've have done well on my personal chart have I had one last summer.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Updated Weekend Countdown Predictions:
    Exit:
    What About Us

    Entrant:
    No Excuses

    #1: Wolves (1st Week)

    HitBound Entrants:
    Tell Me You Love Me
    IDGAF
    Sit Next to Me

    HitBound Dropouts:
    Young Dumb & Broke
    Legendary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOLY SHIT CAN YOU STOP DOING THESE POINTLESS UPDATES

      Delete
    2. Yes please stop with these useless updates and predictions that no one fucking cares about at all.

      Delete
    3. Oh, and by the way, the #1 song is not going to happen.

      Delete
    4. Guys, calm down. I feel like I want to.

      Delete
    5. NO IT ISN’T!!!!!

      Delete
  39. The post is late so no color-coding.

    http://dylanst45songsoftheweek.blogspot.com/2018/03/week-of-march-3-2018.html

    ReplyDelete
  40. http://kworb.net/cc/

    Kworb is now predicting God's Plan to be #1 by the end of the tracking week, despite No Excuses being at #1 currently.

    God's Plan: ~58K
    No Excuses: ~48K

    Also bad new, the return of XXXTentacleporn (I misspelled that on purpose so shut up) with two songs titled SAD! and changes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lowkey liked Jocelyn Flores but his two new songs suck.

      Delete
    2. "Misspelled that on purpose"

      I know I saw one YouTuber by the name of Andrew Prep who, when combining Jocelyn Flores and Look At Me on his Worst of 2017 video, called him repeated different names that started with "XXX". :P

      Delete
    3. Yeah. I saw that video, too.

      Delete
  41. I also heard Woman playing on Hits 1.

    ReplyDelete
  42. The post is out guys!!!

    https://huntingtonupdates.blogspot.com/2018/03/zedd-1-week-of-march-3-2018.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear god I forgot he had a blog.

      Delete
    2. No one really fucking cares enough to read it or comment on it, so why fucking bother.

      Delete
  43. Important news: The Chainsmokers are releasing a new single very soon, so stay tuned!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think people care anymore since both You Owe Me and Sick Boy are flops. SO this post was irrelevant and pointless.

      Delete
    2. What is it called?

      Delete
    3. It doesn't really matter because I haven't heard anything about The Chainsmokers releasing a new single soon. So Chase, stop talking nonsense.

      Delete
    4. Actually I looked it up and they're releasing new music coming soon.

      Delete
    5. No, I’m talking about what’s the name of that song.

      Delete
    6. Weather they are releasing new music soon or not. Something tells me that the innocent days of Closer are gone.

      Delete
    7. In before Chase corrects Dylan saying "*Whether".

      Delete
    8. ^Although, it was a stupid mistake on my part.

      Delete
  44. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Yesterday, I said that I didn't like Walk The Moon's Kamikaze.





    Yeah, I really like it now.

    ReplyDelete
  46. IDGAF is a horrible song. Sit Next To Me is fine however.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hold up guys, I’ve got good news for Jason Derulo. He is releasing a new single called “Colors” releasing tomorrow for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

    ReplyDelete