Saturday, February 24, 2018

Macklemore (1) – Week Of February 24, 2018

Hey guys! I hope you all had a good week. The countdown looks pretty good for the most part this week. Two good songs replaced two decent songs and we have an amazing #1. Though I'm not huge on the Biggest Jump of the Week. More on that in the blurbs. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.


  • Niall Horan – Too Much To Ask (#28)
  • Taylor Swift – ...Ready For It? (#41)

Last Week's #1 Song: Charlie Puth – How Long
The Countdown
45. Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes (#45)
44. Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry (#44) [1 Week At #1]
43. Niall Horan – Slow Hands (#42) [3 Weeks At #1]
42. Kesha – Praying (#39)
41. Louis Tomlinson – Miss You (#40)
40. Post Malone/21 Savage – Rockstar (#31)
39. P!nk – What About Us (#43) [1 Week At #1]
38. Shawn Mendes – There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#33) [5 Weeks At #1]
37. Symon – Lonely Girl (#36)
36. Maroon 5/SZA – What Lovers Do (#34)
35. Wolves – Animal (#30)
34. Dua Lipa – New Rules (#23)
33. Ed Sheeran – Galway Girl (#37) [4 Weeks At #1]
32. Troye Sivan – My My My! (#35)
31. Justin Timberlake/Chris Stapleton – Say Something (#38)
30. The Chainsmokers – Sick Boy (DEBUT)
29. All Time Low – Last Young Renegade (#26)
28. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar – Pray For Me (DEBUT)
27. Kelly Clarkson – Love So Soft (#21)
26. Camila Cabello – Havana (#27) [1 Week At #1]
25. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future – End Game (#15) [1 Week At #1]
24. Lauv – I Like Me Better (#16)
23. Portugal. The Man – Feel It Still (#24)
22. Bruno Mars/Cardi B – Finesse (#14)
21. Imagine Dragons – Believer (#22) [3 Weeks At #1]
20. MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low (#13)
19. AJR/Rivers Cuomo – Sober Up (#32)
18. Eminem/Ed Sheeran – River (#29)
17. Fall Out Boy – Hold Me Tight Or Don't (#19)
16. Camila Cabello – Never Be The Same (#18)
15. Maroon 5 – Wait (#17)
14. G-Eazy/Halsey – Him & I (#25)
13. P!nk – Beautiful Trauma (#11)
12. NF – Let You Down (#10)
11. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line – Meant To Be (#12)
10. X Ambassadors – Ahead of Myself (#9)
  9. Selena Gomez/Marshmello – Wolves (#6)
  8. Walk The Moon – One Foot (#7)
  7. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey – The Middle (#20)
  6. Ed Sheeran – Perfect (#5) [2 Weeks At #1]
  5. Halsey – Bad At Love (#2) [2 Weeks At #1]
  4. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/watt – Let Me Go (#4)
  3. Imagine Dragons – Thunder (#3) [5 Weeks At #1]
  2. Charlie Puth – How Long (#1) [2 Weeks At #1]
  1. Macklemore/Kesha – Good Old Days (#8) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You (3)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Dua Lipa – New Rules (–11)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Tie Between AJR/Rivers Cuomo – Sober Up and Zedd/Maren Morris – The Middle (+13)

New Entrants
~ Our first debut this week comes from The Chainsmokers, who have had a great past couple of years with songs like Roses, Don't Let Me Down, Closer, and Something Just Like This. This week, they bring Sick Boy. It took a few listens for me to grow into this. I like the production and Andrew Taggart sounds really good on vocals. It's nowhere near as good as Something Just Like This. It's nothing amazing. But it's enjoyable and I wouldn't mind it sticking around for a little while. But I can't see it sticking with me in the long run. Just saying. I don't think it'll take much for me to grow out of this.

~ Next we have The Weeknd, who also had a good year in 2017 with his album Starboy and the two Daft Punk-collab singles. This week, he brings a collaboration with Kendrick Lamar, titled Pray For Me, which is from the new movie Black Panther. Like I said last week, it sounds very similar to Starboy, which I still love. The dark vibe works really well. This is definitely a good song for the soundtrack and a good fit for the movie. The Weeknd sounds great as usual and Kendrick Lamar shines like he always does. He's definitely one of the most talented artists in the rap industry currently. All in all, everything about this song is great in my opinion. Two very talented artists coming together for a collab that'll probably end up being one of the best songs of the year. These two rarely ever disappoint and I'm glad this song turned out well.


Hit-Bound
~ Here is the Hit-Bound list.


  • Portugal. The Man – Live In The Moment
  • Marshmello/Anne-Marie – Friends (DEBUT)
  • Keala Settle – This Is Me
  • Thirty Seconds To Mars – Walk On Water (DEBUT)
  • Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign – Psycho (DEBUT)
  • Kesha/The Dap-King Horns – Woman
  • Rudimental/Jess Glynne/Macklemore/Dan Caplen – These Days
  • Welshly Arms – Legendary
  • Khalid – Young, Dumb, and Broke
  • Bazzi – Mine (DEBUT)
  • Wild Things – Don't Wanna Feel It
  • Imagine Dragons – Whatever It Takes
  • Niall Horan – On The Loose
  • Alan Walker/Noah Cyrus/Digital Farm Animals – All Falls Down

~ Friends is pretty enjoyable. It's not Marshmello's best, which is probably Ritual. But I like it and I'm glad it was able to make it onto Hits 1. Anne-Marie sounds good for the most part and I like the production. It's a good song.

~ Walk On Water has been around for months at this point. Thirty Seconds To Mars already have a newer song out, which I'll admit is not that good. Walk On Water is definitely better. I really like the song, but I find it strange that it's just now making its debut on Hit-Bound. But that aside, great song.

~ I'm not sure why Hits 1 has become obsessed with Post Malone lately. Psycho just came out and it's already on Hit-Bound. The song is really not that good. Post Malone is not the worst artist out there right now and there are certainly worse rap songs. But Psycho is ultimately flavorless and there's nothing that makes it stand out as something amazing.

~ Mine is nothing special. First off, the song is less than two and a half minutes, which is pretty damn short if you ask me. I can't really see myself getting on board with this. The vocals aren't that great and the production is kind of annoying in some parts. The song is in blue, but it's pretty close to red. So don't be surprised if I put it in red sometime in the near future.

~ We lost three songs this week that didn't make the countdown: I Miss YouWhatever, and I Fall Apart. The latter left because of Psycho coming in, which makes no difference since I dislike both of them about the same. Good riddance to Whatever. I'm still not a fan. The only one that saddens me is I Miss You. I think Clean Bandit are pretty underrated aside from Rather Be and Rockabye. Both this song and Symphony did not get the recognition they deserved. At least I don't think they did. And Julia Michaels actually sounded good here. So it's a shame that it couldn't get big.


Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. Keala Settle – This Is Me
2. Rudimental/Jess Glynne/Macklemore/Dan Caplen – These Days
3. Thirty Seconds To Mars – Walk On Water
4. Imagine Dragons – Whatever It Takes
5. Alan Walker/Noah Cyrus/Digital Farm Animals – All Falls Down


Pray For Blurbs
~ And just like that, Hits 1 granted me my wish and let Good Old Days achieve what Glorious couldn't. This song is honestly amazing and I'm so glad it was able to hit #1. It deserves it. The song was put together so beautifully and I love the lyrics. Macklemore hasn't had a #1 since Can't Hold Us and Kesha hasn't had a #1 since Die Young or Timber, depending on whether or not you count features as a #1 for that artist. I'm very happy about this even if the song isn't that big.

~ It was only a matter of time until Zedd/Maren Morris – The Middle jumped into the Top 10. I still don't see the appeal. It's like if Starving and Stay had a child, this would be it. But there's nothing unique or original about this. I'm really hoping this doesn't hit #1, though I'm starting to have my doubts. I better prepare for the worst.

~ G-Eazy/Halsey – Him & I is back in the Top 20. I'm very happy with this. I still love this song. It's a collab that I never knew I needed in my life. I would love to see it in the Top 10 soon. Hopefully Bad At Love can start dropping soon so that can happen.

~ Also back in the Top 20, we have Eminem/Ed Sheeran – River. This song is currently above End Game and I prefer if it stays that way. I think River has been a little underappreciated and I would like to see it do better. It's a really good song and one of the few good songs from Revival.

~ Troye Sivan – My My My and Justin Timberlake/Chris Stapleton – Say Something both failed to jump very high this week, which is unfortunate since they're the two really good debuts from last week. Meanwhile, Sober Up managed to jump into the Top 20. Please stop it with this AJR obsession! The other two songs are so much better and they're not even in the Top 30. They're definitely bigger hits, so something's not right here.

~ And of course Dua Lipa – New Rules, one of the biggest songs currently, had the Biggest DROP!!!... of the Week. Sometimes I just don't understand Hits 1's logic. I don't love the song now as much as I did before. But this song is still pretty big, more so than Imagine Dragons – Thunder, which is still in the Top 3.

~ As far as the exits go, I'm not too saddened by either of them departing. Too Much To Ask just couldn't get as big as Slow Hands unfortunately. It's still decent, but not as good as before. Then we have Ready For It, which while being better than its predecessor, it still wasn't that impressive for Ms. Swift. The singles have been getting better though as End Game is a step up from this.


Top 20 Review
0 – Crap:
20. Imagine Dragons – Thunder
19. AJR/Rivers Cuomo – Sober Up

1 – Bad:
18. Camila Cabello – Never Be The Same
17. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey – The Middle

2 – Mediocre:
16. Fall Out Boy – Hold Me Tight Or Don't

3 – Decent:
15. Halsey – Bad At Love

4 – Good:
14. Maroon 5 – Wait

5 – Great:
13. Selena Gomez/Marshmello – Wolves
12. X Ambassadors – Ahead Of Myself
11. NF – Let You Down
10. Charlie Puth – How Long
9. Ed Sheeran – Perfect
8. P!nk – Beautiful Trauma
7. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line – Meant To Be
6. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/F.G.L./watt – Let Me Go
5. MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low
4. G-Eazy/Halsey – Him & I
3. Eminem/Ed Sheeran – River

BONUS: 6 – Best Song On The Countdown:
1. TIE: Walk The Moon – One Foot
1. TIE: Macklemore/Kesha – Good Old Days (+2 extra for being #1)

Overall Score: 80/100 = 80% (A)


Throwback Pick Of The Week: Maroon 5/Rihanna – If I Never See Your Face Again

Most Missed Countdown Song: Calvin Harris/John Newman – Blame

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: 5 Seconds of Summer – Want You Back

Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: Tie Between Katy Perry/Skip Marley – Chained To The Rhythm (#12) and The Weeknd/Daft Punk – I Feel It Coming (#18)


My Top 5 Picks
1. TIE: Macklemore/Kesha – Good Old Days
1. TIE: Walk The Moon – One Foot
3. Justin Timberlake/Chris Stapleton – Say Something
4. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar – Pray For Me
5. Troye Sivan – My My My!

187 comments:

  1. First, and if I'm being honest, Want You Back is already on Hits 1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That comment does not need your honesty. And it's not on Hit-Bound or the countdown. So that's why I put it there. I guess it's a little vague to say "for Hits 1", but whatever.

      Delete
    2. Yeah. And I heard it yesterday on my way back home from work.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: LIVVIA/Quavo - Catch a Body

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous, you better relax yourself and stop with that attitude, that's irrelevant.

      Delete
    2. The song you've recommended is irrelevant.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Throwback Comment:
      How Long should return to #1 on next week's weekend countdown.

      Delete
    2. Can you not do these throwback comments?

      Delete
  5. Most Missed Song; Taylor Swift - Blank Space
    Throwback Pick: Vanessa Carlton - A Thousand Miles
    #1 Recommendation For Hits 1: The Chainsmokers - You Owe Me
    Recommendation For You: Alan Walker/Noah Cyrus/Digital Farm Animals - All Falls Down
    #1 Recommendation: Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be (Why isn’t it even in the top 10?)
    Recommended Song To Leave Next Week: Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
    Recommended HitBound Dropout: Khalid - Young, Dumb, & Broke
    Countdown Grade: D- 62%

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, why not.

      Most Missed Song: Childish Gambino - Redbone
      Throwback Pick: Usher/Alicia Keys - My Boo
      #1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Liam Payne/Rita Ora - For You
      Recommendation For You: Idk, I haven't been keeping up with new music too much lately
      #1 Recommendation: Define #1 Recommendation.
      Recommended Song To Leave Next Week: Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar
      Recommended HitBound Dropout: Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho
      Countdown Grade: Idk

      Delete
    2. YOU LOVED REDBONE???!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!!

      NO!!! NO!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    3. You have to have a very high IQ to understand Redbone. And with your comments, I doubt you do.

      Delete
    4. Most Missed Song: Counting Stars- OneRepublic
      Throwback Pick: Yeah!- Usher/Lil Jon/Ludacris
      #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: God's Plan- Drake
      #1 Recommendation for you:Up All Night- Beck
      #1 Recommendation: (A song to hit #1 on here) Finesse- Bruno Mars/Cardi B
      Recommended song to leave next week: What About Us- P!nk
      Recommended song to leave Hit-Bound: Walk On Water- 30 Seconds To Mars

      Delete
    5. Most Missed Song: Daylight- MAROON 5
      Throwback Pick: Born This Way- Lady Gaga
      #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Say That Again- Eden xo/Travis Mills
      #1 Recommendation for you: Sad Song- We the Kings/Elena Coats
      #1 Recommendation: (A song to hit #1 on here) The Middle- ZEDD/Maren Morris/Grey
      Recommended song to leave next week: Sorry Not Sorry- Demi Lovato
      Recommended song to leave Hit-Bound: Young Dumb &
      Broke- Khalid
      Countdown Grade: Idk either

      Delete
    6. Btw, Psycho and WOW will debut the countdown this week.

      Delete
    7. Oh, recommendation to hit #1. I see.

      #1 Recommendation - Justin Timberlake/Chris Stapleton - Say Something

      Delete
  6. I'm asking the same thing. I don't know why Hits 1 is falling in love with Post Malone either, but it's pissing me off because there other better songs they could've picked up.

    And yes, Good Old Days hitting #1 is very pleasing to see. Definitely a great song in my eyes as well (or in music terms, "ears").

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I disagree with you on that one Montavis. Good Old Days needs to leave the #1 spot and replace it with The Middle.

      Delete
  7. And Adrian, with your #1 recommendation, it’s going to debut Hit Bound next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may actually debut straight to the countdown.

      Delete
  8. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: The Chainsmokers - You Owe Me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice post.

    I'm still shocked you still don't have Sober Up in orange.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sober Up has hit a new peak pf #2 on alternative radio.

    Whatever It Takes has also hit a new peak at #3.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My streak of getting countdown posts out on time has ended lol.

    http://siriusxmhits1review.blogspot.com/2018/02/macklemore-kesha-1-week-of-february-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Got a surprise on my page, everyone. Here it is.

    https://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The poll? Well, can you at least add an "Other" option? Because my favorite throwback song of all time is not on the list.

      Delete
    2. I'll do another poll soon. I just chose the five songs out of random.

      Delete
  13. Guys, apparently Galway Girl might be Ed Sheeran's next single! But we still don't know for sure...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And he's releasing it nearly a year since it's release why? Also it's already been a smash in other parts of the world, especially in his native U.K., where it was the 5th biggest song of the entire year there.

      Delete
    2. Galway is Ed Sheeran's third US single after Shape of You and Perfect.

      Delete
    3. But Castle on the Hill was released digitally and it didn't peak at #1 on mainstream top 40.

      Delete
    4. If it was the third single in the U.S why did it flop so hard then while we let the boring TOL rip-off be #1 for multiple weeks?

      Delete
  14. #1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Two Feet - I Feel Like I’m Drowning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Bulow - Not a Love Song

      Delete
  15. Bad news for Thunder haters: it just got a discount on iTunes, and because of that it's back in the Top 10. So, prepare for it to still be around. Yup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the Hot 100, which I doubt will make it bounce back into the top 10 considering it's airplay and streaming have been declining.

      Delete
    2. Actually, I meant Hits 1. It's still likely going to be in the Top 5 for another week or so. But yeah, I agree. I doubt the same thing as well.

      Delete
  16. Hot Damn left the countdown but Hits 1 keeps playing it...?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Also, Hits 1 played Ear-Poppin' Music for Imagine Dragons...










    IT MAY FINALLY DEBUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, just heard it while I was driving. You may finally get your wish.

      Delete
    2. But Whatever It Takes should do poorly on this countdown because it has been on Hit Bound for an extremely long time.

      Delete
    3. That wouldn't be very fair. It deserves to do well since it spent so much time on Hit-Bound. Just look at songs like Lights Down Low, which spent months on Hit-Bound and has done very well here.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. And you say the same thing too, so how about you fucking leave and stop spearing your fucking falsehoods.

      Delete
    6. Okay, fine then I'll leave by myself!!!

      Delete
    7. Good, hope I never get to see your stupid face again.

      Delete
  18. Let You Down took the top on pop radio.

    IDGAF, All The Stars, and Want You Back all debut and Filthy re-enters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I saw. Can't say I'm too thrilled about this. It just feels too depressing for me, but it could've been much worse.

      Also, I heard it as Most Wutchuwanted earlier today. Yeah, look for that to be in the Top 5.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, #1 in spins but #4 in terms of pop AI.

      Meanwhile it's only 8th in overall AI 7th in overall spins.

      Delete
    3. I love Filthy. I want it to be back up.

      Delete
    4. Chase: okay then. Good luck pissing off some people who don't like it.

      Delete
  19. It is cool how Hits 1 has started playing Believer again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooooooo! This is completely unacceptable.

      Delete
    2. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

      Delete
    3. I'm actually okay with it. I'm glad the song grew on me because it's crazy how long it's been here in the upper half of the countdown.

      Delete
    4. Believer is going to be the worst song of the countdown of it accelerates in spins again.

      Delete
    5. That is such a stupid reason to hate a song on that and not on it actually being a bad song, which it's not.

      Delete
    6. Stop fucking telling me to relax with you still here.

      Delete
    7. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    8. Its still a stupid reason why a song would be considered the worst song just because of overplay and nothing else.

      Delete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  21. Let's get Taylor Swift's "Delicate" on Hits 1, shall we?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s a great idea, Chase.

      Delete
    2. If it's released as the next single that is. Personally I'd rather better songs like Getaway Car, King Of My Heart or I Did Something Bad.

      Delete
  22. So my personal chart has not been posted on my blog yet, but it is on my personal chart thread on Pulse.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Early Billboard Hot 100 Release:
    1. God's Plan
    2. Perfect
    3. Finesse
    4. Havana
    5. Look Alive
    6. rockstar
    7. All the Stars
    8. Meant to Be
    9. Pray for Me
    10. Stir Fry
    13. The Middle
    18. Mine
    20. Lights Down Low
    43. Love Lies (DEBUT)
    44. Five More Minutes

    Early Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 Release:
    4. You Owe Me (DEBUT)
    11. Moon River (DEBUT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 12. Let You Down
      14. Him and I
      15. LOVE.
      20. Lights Down Low
      23. King's Dead
      30. Say Something
      36. Marry Me
      39. Wait
      60. Whatever It Takes
      90. I Like Me Better

      Delete
  24. You should listen to Walk On Water because it’s such a nice song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just heard Walk on Water several times and it is awesome!!!

      Delete
    2. No it's not, it's fucking awful and it makes the band seem like they're selling out to become some diet version of Imagine Dragons. Also fuck them for trying to make it seem like a political song, which we do not need.

      Delete
    3. I can understand why people would think they're selling out, which is why I don't like their newer song, Dangerous Night. But there's something about Walk On Water that makes it an enjoyable listen. I don't know if it's Jared's vocals or the gospel choir in the background. Though I will say that the song is very repetitive.

      And then there's the fact that it's political. That doesn't bother me too much, though I understand why some like you, Miles, wouldn't like it.

      Delete
  25. Looks like Whatever It Takes and All Falls Down will most likely debut this week. They both had lots of spins today. Also Hits 1 stopped playing Spencer - Whatever !!!!! Hopefully that means it's gone for good.

    Also heard both Let You Down and Lights Down Low as most wutchuwanted today so expect big jumps from both of them

    ReplyDelete
  26. So Whatever It Takes was just announced as most Wutchuwanted. It is looking to debut HIGH this weekend. I'm all in for that happening.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sober Up is #1 on the Billboard Alternative songs chart.

    Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It also looks like it will pass No Roots to get to #1 on alternative radio.

      Delete
    2. Well neither of them are good, though No Roots is a little bit more tolerable.

      Delete
  28. My personal chart is now out.

    http://dylanst45songsoftheweek.blogspot.com/2018/02/week-of-february-24-2018.html

    ReplyDelete
  29. Top 20

    1. God's Plan by Drake (1)
    2. Perfect by Ed Sheeran (2)
    3. Finesse (Remix) by Bruno Mars ft. Cardi B (3)
    4. Havana by Camila Cabello ft. Young Thug (4)
    5. Look Alive by BlocBoy JB ft. Drake (6)
    6. Rockstar by Post Malone ft. 21 Savage (5)
    7. All The Stars by Kendrick Lamar & SZA (9)
    8. Meant To Be by Bebe Rexha ft. Florida Georgia Line (7)
    9. Pray For Me by The Weeknd & Kendrick Lamar (11)
    10. Stir Fry by Migos (10)
    11. New Rules by Dua Lipa (8)
    12. Let You Down by NF (12)
    13. The Middle by Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey (17)
    14. Him & I by G-Eazy & Halsey (14)
    15. Love. by Kendrick Lamar ft. Zacari (13)
    16. Thunder by Imagine Dragons (15)
    17. Bad At Love by Halsey (16)
    18. Mine by Bazzi (22)
    19. I Fall Apart by Post Malone (19)
    20. Lights Down Low by MAX ft. gnash (27)

    Fell Off Top 20

    22. MotorSport by Migos, Nicki Minaj & Cardi B (18)
    27. No Limit by G-Eazy ft. A$AP Rocky & Cardi B (20)

    Big Gains (10+)

    23. King's Dead by Jay Rock, Kendrick Lamar, Future & James Blake (38)
    58. Friends by Marshmello & Anne-Marie (72)
    60. Whatever It Takes by Imagine Dragons (75)
    63. Most People Are Good by Luke Bryan (82)
    72. La Modelo by Ozuna x Cardi B (86)
    75. Hardaway by Derez De'Shon (85)
    77. Singles You Up by Jordan Davis (89)
    79. When We by Tank (97)
    80. The Long Way by Brett Eldredge (94)

    Big Losses (10+)

    83. Big Shot by Kendrick Lamar & Travis Scott (71)
    87. Legends by Kelsea Ballerini (68)
    88. Notice Me by Migos ft. Post Malone (74)
    91. End Game by Taylor Swift ft. Ed Sheeran & Future (65)
    92. For You (Fifty Shades Freed) by Liam Payne & Rita Ora (76)
    98. One Foot by WALK THE MOON (87)

    Dropouts

    1-800-273-8255 by Logic ft. Alessia Cara & Khalid (45, 3, 42 weeks)
    Roll In Peace by Kodak Black ft. XXXTENTACION (50, 31, 26 weeks)
    Filthy by Justin Timberlake (90, 9, 6 weeks)
    Black Panther by Kendrick Lamar (91, 91, 1 week)
    Criminal by Natti Natasha x Ozuna (98, 95, 3 weeks)
    Rewrite The Stars by Zac Efron & Zendaya (100, 70, 7 weeks)

    Returning Entries

    94. Corazon by Maluma x Nego do Borel
    97. Rubbin Off The Paint by YBN Nahmir
    99. Female by Keith Urban
    100. Mayores by Becky G ft. Bad Bunny

    New Entries

    43. Love Lies by Khalid & Normani
    93. Get You by Daniel Caesar ft. Kali Uchis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some country songs have big gains on the Hot 100 this week?

      Delete
    2. ^Why is this surprising to you?

      Delete
    3. Also whoa @ the King's Dead gain. Not complaining though!!!

      Delete
  30. Hits 1 Recommendations:
    We the Kings/Elena Coats - Sad Song
    Migos - Stir Fry
    BlocBoy JB/Drake - Look Alive
    Drake - God's Plan
    Saweetie - ICY GRL
    Khalid & Normani - Love Lies
    Logic - 44 More
    Taylor Swift - Delicate
    SEAN PAUL + DAVID GUETTA/Becky G - Mad Love
    Mackenzie Nicole - Preview

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stir Fry, Look Alive and 44 More are not making Hits 1, Chase. They are rap songs.

      Delete
    2. At least it isn't a super long list.

      Delete
    3. There's no way either of these songs will make it to Hits 1.
      Probably the only ones I can see happening are Taylor Swift – Delicate (if it's her next single), Mackenzie Nicole – Preview, and maybe We The Kings featuring Elena Coats – Sad Song.

      Delete
    4. One thing's for sure, I would prefer Love Lies over Young, Dumb, and Broke.

      Delete
    5. Maybe if Hits 1 would actually accept more rap songs that actually are big and not a bunch of random pop and alternative songs that most people haven't heard or cared about, it actually would be the biggest hits in North America, but it's not. Also, Stir Fry and God's Plan are the only rap songs I can think of that SHOULD be on Hits 1.

      Delete
    6. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

      Delete
    7. Miles: Well, I doubt Hits 1 will ever go that route. And then, I much prefer we keep it that way, because it helps me discover more music that is good, such as from artists like All Time Low.

      Delete
    8. Yeah, but here's the thing; they call themselves "The 45 biggest hits in North America" and yet some of these are not that big, and they purposefully leave out actual big hits like God's Plan which is the #1 song in the U.S. and Canada.

      Delete
    9. God’s Plan better not make it. It’s awful, probably as bad as Get Ugly from 2016.

      Delete
    10. Miles: Believe it or not, I actually do kinda like Stir Fry (Surprise!), so I don't really mind too much (though I doubt it'll stick with me). God's Plan, on the other hand, I'd rather for it not to debut.

      Delete
    11. WAMB10: No one cares unless you can actually explain it. And Get Ugly is not awful.

      Delete
    12. Adrian and WAMB10 beg to differ, but not me. I kinda like it as well.

      Delete
    13. Get Ugly is not awful. But it's not exactly good either.

      Delete
    14. Anaconda is still the worst song.

      Delete
    15. Gee, thanks captain obvious for telling us what we already knew about you. You seriously do not need to repeat that to us, we already fucking know you hate Anaconda "because it's not kid friendly"

      Delete
    16. I like that song in a guilty pleasure-type way, which is the same for a lot of Nicki Minaj's songs. I can understand why people dislike it, but your reasoning is not very good.

      Delete
    17. Exactly, I mean I hate it, but not because it's not a kid-friendly song. Once again, you cannot expect every song to be some white-washed, polished, clean Kidz Bop song all the fucking time. I hate Anaconda because of Nicki's brash and obnoxious attitude, the blatant sampling, and especially her outro, where she says "Fuck you if you skinny bitches, what?"

      Delete
  31. Sober Up has officially reached the top of alternative radio.

    Whatever It Takes is close behind.

    ReplyDelete
  32. You know, we should have saw something coming when Hits 1 started playing Believer again.

    Maybe it acted as a sign that WIT was debuting, or Thunder was dropping and we didn't notice.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Well, folks. Tomorrow, without ANYONE spoiling ANYTHING, a certain artist makes her return to music. I'm not too sure how I feel about this, seeing as not very many people are fond her music.

    But for the love of God, can we PLEASE get someone to hit #1 on Billboard soon??? I'm honestly tired of artists like Drake and Post Malone running away with everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then maybe stream Finesse or buy the song on itunes to help, because it's not even gonna get to #1 with just airplay and YouTube.

      Delete
    2. I think I know who you're talking about. If I'm right, then I'm not looking forward to whatever it is she'll bring. But who knows? Maybe she'll surprise me.

      Delete
    3. The title is No Excuses, I am not ready for her comeback and if it's as bad as I expect, I do expect it to flop HARD and hopefully it does. After Me Too, I want no more from Meghan Meghans.

      Delete
    4. I have low expectations for her and I still think the song won't be any good. I have a couple of friends that like her and I don't fully understand why. Though she has some talent vocally, I can't get on board with her songwriting and she needs better producers.

      Delete
  35. NEW MUSIC ALERT: Echosmith has a new single called "Over My Head" and it is impacting radio on March 20.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one has cared for Echosmith since Cool Kids and Bright in 2014/2015. Don't expect this to even touch Hits 1 or any major chart tbh.

      Delete
    2. And now "Over My Head" is impacting pop March 27 instead of March 20.

      Delete
    3. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Agreed.

      Delete
    4. Actually, it has a chance to touch Hits 1. I can see it happening. But yeah, I don't expect this to be big.

      And yes, I care. I'm curious to see what it sounds like. I may like it, or I may not. I don't know.

      Delete
    5. And a month later, Over My Head is on the voting poll...

      Delete
  36. Sick Boy has only had 3 spins so far...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This song seriously needs more spins than that many.

      Delete
    2. Sick Boy's a flop anyway, and compared to everything else, it wasn't really that good.

      Delete
    3. I know it wasn't as good as Closer, SJLT, etc. But it was still good and should have deserved more attention.

      Delete
    4. It's good. But it's one of those songs where I don't really care what happens to it. If it does well, that's great. It's a good song. If it flops, oh well I guess. I don't really like it enough to care.

      Delete
    5. Considering the scandal of one of them cheating on their girlfriends, the lyrical content and the fact the song is basically diet TOP, yeah, no.

      Delete
    6. Well, the video on YouTube has a couple million views away from 100 million so I guess that is a success.

      Delete
    7. Yeah, and yet it failed everywhere else to get any major traction.

      Delete
    8. Here’s all the previous one seekers we’ve had...
      Kid Cudi - Erase Me
      K Drew - Body & Soul
      DJ Snake/Lil Jon - Turn Down For What
      Taylor Swift - Welcome To New York
      Bastille - Flaws
      G Eazy/Kehlani - Good Life

      Sooooooo if Sick Boy leaves this week, it’s going to be our 7th one weeker I believe.

      Delete
    9. No one fucking cares about that it's not relevant.

      Delete
    10. But since Sick Boy decelerated in spins, it may last only one week.
      *weekers

      Delete
    11. So what, is that all you fucking care about, how long a song spends on the countdown and the number of exits every goddamn week? How about you actually focus on the songs themselves and their own commercial performance? And just for the record, I was not talking about it's performance on Hits 1, I was talking about everything else.

      Delete
  37. Has anyone listened to Bea Miller’s new album Auroa?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven’t yet. But when will her new single be out on her album?

      Delete
    2. I heard about it. But I haven’t listened to it and I don’t know if I will.

      Delete
    3. I better love it and Bea Miller was born in the same year as I was.

      Delete
  38. The official next single from Taylor Swift's reputation is...Delicate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Ehh fine, would have loved to see I Did Something Bad, Getaway Car, King Of My Heart, Call It What You Want, Dress or This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things get what they deserved to be, a hit single.

      Delete
  39. Favorite Alternative songs of 2017. These are songs from Billboard's Alternative charts, and are mostly songs that weren't major pop hits.

    Don't Take The Money- Bleachers
    Perfect Places- Lorde
    Love Is Mystical- Cold War Kids
    Take It All Back- Judah & The Lion
    Wish I Knew You- The Revivalists
    Blood In The Cut- K.Flay
    Hard Times- Paramore
    So Close- Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness
    Fire Escape- Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness
    Revolution Radio- Green Day
    Legendary- Welshley Arms
    Roll Up- Fitz & The Tantrums
    Champion- Fall Out Boy
    Ophelia- The Lumineers (Technically 2016 as well, but IDC)
    High Enough- K.Flay
    Green Light- Lorde
    Run- Foo Fighters
    Everything Now- Arcade Fire
    Up All Night- Beck
    The Way You Used To Do- Queens Of The Stone Age
    Somebody Else- The 1975
    HeavyDirtySoul- Twenty One Pilots
    Blame- Bastille
    Waste A Moment- Kings of Leon
    The Man- The Killers

    That's about all I can think of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are definitely a lot of good ones in there: Love Is Mystical, Hard Times, Fire Escape, Roll Up, Champion, Ophelia, Heavydirtysoul, and The Man. I haven't heard the majority of the others, but I'm sure there are some other really good ones in there.

      Delete
    2. I highly recommend them, especially Don't Take The Money, I find Bleachers an underrated act that deserves more.

      Delete
  40. New on Hits 1 and possible Hitbound entrant this week:

    Dustin Atlas/Erin Bowman - Fake Friends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also new on Hits 1: Meghan Trainor - No Excuses

      Delete
    2. No it's not, Chase. Not yet. Quit talking nonsense.

      Delete
    3. Anonymous: Yeah, saw that on DSR yesterday, I believe. I'll give it a listen sometime today. I may like it. I may not. We'll see.

      Delete
  41. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’ve got to be kidding me, Chase.

      Delete
    2. Probably the only positive thing I can say about this if that were to happen is that at least it'll stop God's Plan from getting 10+ weeks at the top.

      Delete
  42. Billboard Hot 100 predictions:
    1. Psycho (Debut)
    2. God's Plan
    3. Look Alive
    4. Perfect Duet
    5. Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete
  43. Ugh why did Psycho have to debut pop radio?

    ReplyDelete
  44. So Chase was right No Excuses is on Hits 1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, yeah. But at the time of my typing, it wasn't earlier. So that's why I said for Chase not to be talking nonsense.

      Delete
    2. Well so far it seems like it's gonna be a flop, because it's not in the top 200 on iTunes in the U.S. and I haven't even listened to it yet.

      Delete
    3. No it isn't Miles, it is a new song and is going to gain pop airplay.

      Delete
    4. Okay smartass, how high do you think it's gonna go on pop radio, or radio in general, because I think it's not even gonna crack the top 30.

      Delete
  45. Also that #1 radio run for Sober Up didn't last long lol.

    ReplyDelete
  46. So No Excuses is pretty horrible. I wasn't sure what to expect as I like some of her songs but this one isn't good.

    Fake Friends I'm really liking however...especially the unedited Fake Ass Friends

    ReplyDelete
  47. Psycho is not gonna debut at #1 on the Hot 100. The streaming and sales margin between it and God's Plan are not that strong enough, plus God's Plan has radio momentum to keep it afloat. Psycho is gonna debut in the top 3 regardless but not at #1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Not enough streams like God'S Plan whch is actually back at #1 on Spotify, and again, God's Plan has airplay.

      Delete
    3. You don't need to correct me, I know what mistakes I made, therefore your post is entirely useless.

      Delete
  48. Alright, so just heard No Excuses. And...













    I don't hate it. I mean it's not enough to make me forgive her for her terrible four, but it's decent. I am hesitant to call it better than that, though. Good groove, but the lyrical content does reek of lazy writing if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much exactly my thoughts. It's not great, but it's better than her past work. But yeah, it's not enough to make up for songs like All About That Bass; No; and, for most of you, Me Too. But it is definitely improvement.

      Delete
    2. It's decent enough, but it does feel somewhat like New Rules production wise, and the lyrics are once again lazy. But meh, it's decent, yet it's a destined flop regardless.

      Delete
    3. I agree. I doubt this will last that long.

      Delete
  49. You know what, I'm not going to give my thoughts on No Excuses. I'll just simply wait and hear what everyone else has to say about it first.

    ReplyDelete
  50. No Excuses fucking sucks. Enough said. I feel like banging my head against the wall now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dylan: No, I think more needs to be said.

      Delete
    2. Miles: The production sounds horrible because it tries to be New Rules (Like you said) and fails miserably.

      The vocals are actually good for the most part but I hate how she tries to sound like a badass in the verses.

      The lyrics...AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Why does she say "your momma raised you better than that"? I feel like she says that in like in every song. She doesn't say the lyric in every song, but I feel that is the message she tries to get to you. "No Excuses" is a shitty thing to say. What if there was an ACTUAL excuse that he had but noooooooooo, you won't listen because you can't be wrong you egotistical asshole.

      Delete
  51. Loving No Excuses. Meghan did it again!

    Fake Friends sounds like it could be a decent-sized hit. But it probably needs more stations adding it and an impact date for that to happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course the only Meghan Meghans stan would outright love it, while the rest of us find it decent to garbage, if your anything like Dylan and maybe Montavis.

      Delete