Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Charlie Puth (1) – Week Of February 10, 2018

Hey guys! I hope you all are enjoying your week so far. Valentine's Day is tomorrow. So if you're in a relationship, hopefully you've gotten a gift for your special someone by now. Or if you're like me, you'll treat it like any other day. I apologize that my Year-End post for Hits 1's Top 45 of 2017 is still not out. I'm almost done. I just have a few more songs to do. Please bear with me. No songs leaving the countdown this week. So let's get right into it.



Last Week's #1 Song: Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future – End Game
The Countdown
45. Charlie Puth – Attention (#45) [1 Week At #1]
44. Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes (#43)
43. Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry (#44) [1 Week At #1]
42. The Shadowboxers – Hot Damn (#40)
41. P!nk – What About Us (#41) [1 Week At #1]
40. Niall Horan – Slow Hands (#36) [3 Weeks At #1]
39. Taylor Swift – ...Ready For It? (#42)
38. Louis Tomlinson – Miss You (#34)
37. Kesha – Praying (#37)
36. Maroon 5/SZA – What Lovers Do (#33)
35. Symon – Lonely Girl (#39)
34. Wolves – Animal (#38)
33. Ed Sheeran – Galway Girl (#31) [4 Weeks At #1]
32. Post Malone/21 Savage – Rockstar (#26)
31. Niall Horan – Too Much To Ask (#27)
30. Camila Cabello – Havana (#28) [1 Week At #1]
29. Shawn Mendes – There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#29) [5 Weeks At #1]
28. Justin Timberlake – Filthy (#30)
27. Kelly Clarkson – Love So Soft (#13)
26. Dua Lipa – New Rules (#18)
25. All Time Low – Last Young Renegade (#35)
24. Eminem/Ed Sheeran – River (#12)
23. Portugal. The Man – Feel It Still (#23)
22. G-Eazy/Halsey – Him & I (#20)
21. Imagine Dragons – Believer (#19) [3 Weeks At #1]
20. Bruno Mars/Cardi B – Finesse (#22)
19. The Adam Levine Experience – Wait (#25)
18. NF – Let You Down (#24)
17. Fall Out Boy – Hold Me Tight Or Don't (#21)
16. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey – The Middle (#32)
15. MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low (#17)
14. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future – End Game (#1) [1 Week At #1]
13. Camila Cabello – Never Be The Same (#16)
12. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line – Meant To Be (#11)
11. Lauv – I Like Me Better (#14)
10. P!nk – Beautiful Trauma (#15)
  9. Macklemore/Kesha – Good Old Days (#7)
  8. X Ambassadors – Ahead of Myself (#8)
  7. Selena Gomez/Marshmello – Wolves (#3)
  6. Walk The Moon – One Foot (#6)
  5. Halsey – Bad At Love (#10) [2 Weeks At #1]
  4. Ed Sheeran – Perfect (#4) [2 Weeks At #1]
  3. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/watt – Let Me Go (#5)
  2. Imagine Dragons – Thunder (#2) [5 Weeks At #1]
  1. Charlie Puth – How Long (#9) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You (1)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Kelly Clarkson – Love So Soft (–14)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey – The Middle (+16)

Hit-Bound
~ Here is the Hit-Bound list.


  • Welshly Arms – Legendary
  • Kesha/The Dap-King Horns – Woman
  • Post Malone – I Fall Apart
  • The Chainsmokers – Sick Boy
  • Troye Sivan – My My My!
  • Alan Walker/Noah Cyrus/Digital Farm Animals – All Falls Down
  • Wild Things – Don't Wanna Feel It
  • Spencer – Whatever
  • Portugal. The Man – Live In The Moment
  • Khalid – Young, Dumb, and Broke (DEBUT)
  • Keala Settle – This Is Me (DEBUT)
  • Imagine Dragons – Whatever It Takes
  • AJR/Rivers Cuomo – Sober Up
  • Clean Bandit/Julia Michaels – I Miss You

~ Young Dumb & Broke has been around for quite a while now. I like Khalid, but this song is okay. It's definitely relatable. But it's a little too slow for me and there's nothing about it that sticks out. It's kind of just another song.

~ We also have This Is Me, which is from the soundtrack for The Greatest Showman. I know nothing about this film aside from the fact that Zac Efron and Zendaya star in it. But it's obviously a big deal since the soundtrack has been high on iTunes for quite a while now. I like this song. I think it's entertaining. It's an enjoyable listen. I like the vocals and the production. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing this on the countdown.

~ Songs like Whatever It Takes and I Miss You have been here for a long time. The former I think still has a chance to debut, though I still think it's relatively unlikely. The latter, however, I'm almost certain will not debut at this point. It's unfortunate because I really liked that one. It's one of the rare occasions Julia Michaels actually sounds good. And Clean Bandit should not still be underrated.

~ All Falls Down has been here for a while too and I honestly just can't see this being on the countdown. It's a little sad since it's a pretty good song. But oh well, I guess.

~ We lost two songs this week. I'm sure Say Something is not gone for good. That'll be BS if it is. But I'm afraid Best Friend has had its time. I feel like that one was a decent hit. I'm surprised it didn't make it past Hit-Bound. I originally described this song as nothing more than background music. But soon enough, it became a really catchy song that I couldn't get out of my head. Thank you, iPhone X for introducing me as well as many others to this song. You will be missed, Best Friend.


Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. Troye Sivan – My My My!
2. Imagine Dragons – Whatever It Takes
3. Clean Bandit/Julia Michaels – I Miss You
4. Keala Settle – This Is Me
5. Welshly Arms – Legendary


Young, Dumb, and Blurb
~ We have a new #1 this week! Charlie Puth managed to hit the top spot with How Long, while also bookending the countdown as Attention is at #45. I'm cool with this song at #1. It's not as good as Attention. But it's enjoyable. Like I said before, I like this new style for Charlie Puth and I'm glad these songs are the big hits.

~ Imagine Dragons – Thunder needs to seriously start moving down. There is no way this is the #2 song in North America right now. Who the hell is still voting for this?

~ Hailee Steinfeld/Florida Georgia Line – Let Me Go has hit what I believe is a new peak at #3 this week. Definitely impressive. Like I've said before, this is a much better version of Starving and I'm glad it's been successful lately. It's a very good song that deserves success.

~ Hits 1 has been pretty obsessed with Halsey lately and I noticed this because I follow them on Instagram. So I'm not too surprised Bad At Love is back in the Top 5. But honestly, I've heard this song way too many times at this point. I think it's time this song starts moving down.

~ For yet another week, the best song on the countdown is a tie between Good Old Days and One Foot. I legitimately cannot choose between these songs. They're two completely different types of songs, but I absolutely adore both. One Foot is an absolute jam. This song always puts me in a good mood and it's so much fun. Meanwhile, Good Old Days is very moving and I love the lyrics. Macklemore and Kesha both sound great and it's just a beautiful song. If nothing better comes this year, I'm going to have a very hard time picking a #1 between these two (because I refuse to have a tie for a Year-End Top 45).

~ P!nk – Beautiful Trauma is already in the Top 10. It looks like this one might be a hit after all. I'm glad it didn't spend all that time on Hit-Bound for nothing.

~ Can we stop making Lauv – I Like Me Better a bigger hit than it actually is? I'm fine with this song being on the countdown. I don't complain too much about it. But seriously? #11? This will probably be in the Top 10 soon. But I would appreciate if it stopped moving up at this point. It's not even a good song. The vocals are the only thing tolerable about it.

~ Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line – Meant To Be is currently #1 on iTunes. Hopefully this means we can see this back in the Top 10 soon. It's definitely a bigger hit than I Like Me Better, so I don't understand why it's ranked lower. Hits 1, you need to start fixing things here.

~ Apparently it's forbidden for Ed Sheeran to have two songs in the Top 5. So one of them had to drop a little and it happened to be End Game right out of the #1 spot. This probably explains the drop out of the Top 20 from River.

~ Of course Zedd/Maren Morris – The Middle had to jump so high on its second week. I don't see the appeal to this. I really don't. Not even comparing this to Zedd's older music, the production here is annoying as hell. I used to think it was just basic. But it has gotten on my nerves lately. Zedd, please stop this madness.

~ Fall Out Boy – Hold Me Tight Or Don't has grown on me lately. It's not as annoying now as it was before. It could be in blue sometime soon, but don't count on it.

~ Two more songs I've grown into this past week are Maroon 5 – Wait and Bruno Mars/Cardi B – Finesse. I'll admit, Finesse is really catchy and enjoyable. I see why you guys love it so much. I really only grew into Wait because I like the vocals. But the lack of a band here is preventing this song from being one of my favorites. If it was just under Adam Levine's name, then maybe I'd let it slide. But if it's under Maroon 5, I expect it to sound like Maroon 5, which it doesn't.

~ Dua Lipa – New Rules and Kelly Clarkson – Love So Soft have both dropped out of the Top 20. Love So Soft should've dropped a long time ago. Seriously, for a song that wasn't a hit, this stayed high up on the countdown pretty damn long. I still enjoy New Rules, so I'm not too pleased with this drop. But I think it'll start fading on me soon since I've been hearing it a lot lately on Hits 1 and on one of my local FM radio stations.


Top 20 Review
0 – Crap:
20. Imagine Dragons – Thunder

1 – Bad:
19. Camila Cabello – Never Be The Same
18. Lauv – I Like Me Better
17. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey – The Middle

2 – Mediocre:
16. Fall Out Boy – Hold Me Tight Or Don't

3 – Decent:
15. Halsey – Bad At Love

4 – Good:
14. Maroon 5 – Wait

5 – Great:
13. Selena Gomez/Marshmello – Wolves
12. X Ambassadors – Ahead of Myself
11. Ed Sheeran – Perfect
10. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future – End Game
9. Bruno Mars/Cardi B – Finesse
8. Charlie Puth – How Long
7. NF – Let You Down
6. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line – Meant To Be
5. P!nk – Beautiful Trauma
4. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/F.G.L./watt – Let Me Go
3. MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low

BONUS: 6 – Best Song On The Countdown:
1. TIE: Macklemore/Kesha – Good Old Days
1. TIE: Walk The Moon – One Foot

Total Score: 79/100 = 79% (B)


Throwback Pick Of The Week: Culture Club – Do You Really Want To Hurt Me

Most Missed Countdown Song: Olly Murs – Troublemaker

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Carrie Underwood/Ludacris – The Champion

Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: Tie Between Jon Bellion – All Time Low (#6) and Lady Gaga – Million Reasons (#17)


My Top 5 Picks
1. TIE: Walk The Moon – One Foot
1. TIE: Macklemore/Kesha – Good Old Days
3. MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low
4. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/F.G.L./watt – Let Me Go
5. G-Eazy/Halsey – Him & I

67 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, I doubt that radio stations of any format are gonna pick up The Champion, since it was only supposed to be used as a promo for the Super Bowl and the Olympics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's probably true. It's still a great song though.

      Delete
  2. *sees picture* When I saw that post came out, I thought we had the same picture, but not quite. Close though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Looks at Young, Dumb, & Broke in blue*

    I hate that song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ATR: Young Dumb and Broke will debut the countdown this week, just because you hate it means it will debut the countdown.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  4. Nope. I'm still forever alone. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, might I add that This Is Me really shouldn't be here. It is not normal for a musical soundtrack single to be on a radio station. It is basically the same thing like if a song from the Descendants soundtrack played on here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just because it's not normal doesn't mean it's bad. It doesn't matter to me that the song is from a musical soundtrack. What matters is whether or not it's good and I think This Is Me is fantastic after listening to it more. Very empowering message and her voice is phenomenal.

      I'm not going to judge a song based on where it came from. I'm going to judge it based on the quality of it.

      Delete
    2. I don't mean that songs from soundtracks can't be on here. They can but it is just unusual. I don't dislike songs because they are unusual. I loved Best Friend. I'm not judging it by the soundtrack because I don't really love the production. I didn't mean to sound like I was going to host a "No musical soundtrack songs on radio" strike. I am fine with it being here and I'm not going to make a big deal out of it.

      Delete
  6. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X55s4Z0MQEo&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=_3xi56gwkoa_qe75-6

    "And I want to make this abundantly clear for those in the back: this is a pop song promoted by desperate country radio programmers and playlist makers who have no idea what a country track is, and bringing together a c-list pop artist with a washed up bro-country duo to produce this stale bit of emptiness only denigrates the strengths of both pop and country - a fusion of genres with absolutely zero flavor. And yet given that its sales and radio are good, it's probably sticking around, fan-fucking-tastic."

    ReplyDelete
  7. The format on this blog is now back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, fam. A Hits 1 Update: (Gap for spoilers)















    Their voting poll has now been updated. Here are the new songs available to vote: (Gap for spoilers)



















    The Weeknd featuring Kendrick Lamar – Pray For Me
    Rudimental featuring Macklemore and Jess Gynne – These Days
    Niall Horan – On The Loose


    Also, here are the songs unavailable to vote: (Again, putting a gap for those who don't want to be spoiled)














    Charlie Puth – Attention
    The Shadowboxers – Hot Damn
    Justin Timberlake – Filthy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why is Filthy unavailable to vote? It’s not old enough to be off the voting list.

      Delete
    2. When Filthy leaves, it’s going to be the third 5 weeker that left this year.

      Delete
    3. Anonymous: Doesn't matter.

      Finally we get note of the Hit-Bound entrants. Surprised about Filthy leaving a little bit. The other two were due for it however.

      Delete
    4. Because Filthy is flopping.

      Also, can Hits 1 PLEASE have a song with Kendrick NOT EDITED, because this song Pray For Me is really great. I am mad that Sidewalks wasn't a single off Starboy.

      Delete
    5. Miles: They had The Greatest with him in it.

      Delete
    6. I also meant a song that is actually good.

      Delete
    7. Attention is actually playing on Hits 1 this week.

      Delete
    8. So it won't leave the countdown this week, maybe next week.

      Delete
    9. But Sorry Not Sorry isn't playing that much on Hits 1.

      Delete
  9. Another school shooting in Florida at a high school. This is fucking ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bad news: I heard Sober Up more than once this week. One when I was out yesterday and today when I was just getting off work.

    God, help us all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you heard it did it appear like Rivers Cuomo was singing to you?

      Delete
    2. What I mean is, did it sound like he was singing the bridge? It doesn't to me.

      Delete
    3. Uh, nope. It didn't appear that way to me.

      But it really doesn't matter because the song sucks either way. Yeah, be prepared to see my full-on rant about this song later this weekend.

      Delete
    4. I'm not looking forward to that rant.

      Oh well, I guess I'm the only one who notices that. It may just be my TV sound settings. I tend to put it at a lot of bass lol.

      Delete
    5. I noticed it when I heard it tonight. Sounds different than when it played on hitbound

      Delete
  11. But the good news: I heard My My My! while I was driving. Look for that to debut as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, and in case anyone hasn't seen it yet, here's my surprise post:

    http://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2018/02/top-10-songs-from-mariah-carey.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Young, Dumb & Broke will debut the countdown this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate to break it to ya but it probably doesn’t have enough spins this week.

      Delete
    2. Oh but wait a minute WAMB10......

      On your new profile pic, I saw that you have some characters that are sports related, and I’m a huge sports fan. That’s why I love your new profile pic.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. Woah woah woah......

      Excuse me Miles, ATR is just saying why he loves WAMB10’s new profile pic. Her new profile pic was sports related, and he’s a fan of it.

      Delete
  14. So I’m watching the Olympics right now and they’re doing the Alpine Skiing event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't mind Mine being a hit tbh, I kind of like it. I't probably the only song from an ex-Vine star that I like, because almost everything else from that platform has been utter trash.

      Delete
    2. I hate those lyrics are production is not any better.

      Delete
  15. Also new on Hits 1:
    Iggy Azalea/Quavo - Savior

    We might have more Hitbound Entrants this week or maybe they will save these 2 for next week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a hard time picturing her having a hit anymore. Fancy and Black Widow were obviously very big. But ever since then, the public (including me) just lost interest in her, especially after the awful Pretty Girls.

      Delete
    2. That and with no sophomore album in site her career is basically dead.

      Delete
  16. http://kworb.net/airadio/

    Things to keep note of:

    Finesse at #3 with good gains in airplay, while Havana and Perfect being their slow descent.

    Let You Down making good gains, expected to enter the top 10 on radio soon.

    God's Plan not slowing down at all, will most definitely make the top 15 tomorrow.

    Pray For Me making great gains, definite top 10 radio or more for this song.

    One Foot's losses could stop it from being a bigger hit, as it has started to fall on alt and pop radio.

    The Middle making great gains, definitely gonna crack the top 40 tomorrow.

    End Game collapsing on radio, could fall out of the top 50 tomorrow.

    Say Something getting a radio push, could possibly get a country radio push, and enter the top 50 by Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, you might be right on One Foot. It's a shame that they're still being considered a one-hit wonder. :/

      Delete
  17. What are the Hit Bound spins so far?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sober Up, My My My!, Say Something, Woman, and Sick Boy all played this week. Only the first 3 will debut however.

      Delete
    2. Sick Boy is debuting the countdown this week.

      Delete
    3. Actually, they all could debut considering we had 3 songs new on the voting poll and 2 more playing today.

      Delete
  18. My partner and I have been trying for a baby for over 11years, We were going to a fertility clinic for years before somebody told me to contact this spell caster who is so powerful called Agbazara Temple for him to help me get pregnant,And I'm glad we contacted DR.AGBAZARA, Because his pregnancy spell cast put us at ease, and I honestly believe him, and his powers really helped us as well, I am thankful for all he has done. contact him via email at: ( agbazara@gmail.com ) if you are trying to get a baby, he has powers to do it.

    ReplyDelete