Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Imagine Dragons (3) – Week Of January 6, 2018

Hey guys! I still have a few more Year-End posts that I want to get out as soon as I can. So I'm going to keep this short and sweet. But welcome to the first week of 2018. We're not really off to a great start. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.


  • Linkin Park – One More Light (#33)
  • Nick Jonas – Find You (#36)

Last Week's #1 Song: Halsey – Bad At Love
The Countdown
45. MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low (#45)
44. Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You (#41) [9 Weeks At #1]
43. Charlie Puth – Attention (#40) [1 Week At #1]
42. Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do (#37)
41. Harry Styles – Kiwi (#43)
40. Macklemore/Skylar Grey – Glorious (#44)
39. Symon – Lonely Girl (#35)
38. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato – No Promises (#42)
37. Louis Tomlinson – Miss You (#31)
36. Zedd/Alessia Cara – Stay (#39) [4 Weeks At #1]
35. Niall Horan – Slow Hands (#38) [3 Weeks At #1]
34. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future – End Game (DEBUT)
33. Fall Out Boy – Hold Me Tight Or Don't (DEBUT)
32. Liam Payne – Strip That Down (#25) [2 Weeks At #1]
31. P!nk – What About Us (#30) [1 Week At #1]
30. The Shadowboxers – Hot Damn (#27)
29. Shawn Mendes – There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#29) [5 Weeks At #1]
28. Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry (#28) [1 Week At #1]
27. Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill (#24) [3 Weeks At #1]
26. Kesha – Praying (#11)
25. Liam Payne – Bedroom Floor (#34)
24. Portugal. The Man – Feel It Still (#26)
23. Lauv – I Like Me Better (#21)
22. Taylor Swift – ...Ready For It? (#7)
21. Zayn/Sia – Dusk Till Dawn (#10)
20. X Ambassadors – Ahead Of Myself (#18)
19. Eminem/Ed Sheeran – River (#32)
18. Walk The Moon – One Foot (#20)
17. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line – Meant To Be (#13)
16. Imagine Dragons – Believer (#22)
15. Niall Horan – Too Much To Ask (#14)
14. Macklemore/Kesha – Good Old Days (#19)
13. Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes (#16)
12. Dua Lipa – New Rules (#23)
11. Ed Sheeran – Galway Girl (#12) [4 Weeks At #1]
10. Selena Gomez/Marshmello – Wolves (#15)
  9. Kelly Clarkson – Love So Soft (#9)
  8. Post Malone/21 Savage – Rockstar (#17)
  7. Charlie Puth – How Long (#8)
  6. Maroon 5/SZA – What Lovers Do (#5)
  5. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/watt – Let Me Go (#6)
  4. Camila Cabello – Havana (#3) [1 Week At #1]
  3. Ed Sheeran – Perfect (#2) [1 Week At #1]
  2. Halsey – Bad At Love (#1) [2 Weeks At #1]
  1. Imagine Dragons – Thunder (#4) [3rd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Maroon 5 – Don't Wanna Know (1)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Tie Between Kesha – Praying and Taylor Swift – ...Ready For It? (–15)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Eminem/Ed Sheeran – River (+13)

New Entrants
~ Reputation was kind of a mixed bag for me. A lot of the songs did not appeal to me the same way as songs from 1989 did. But End Game was a definite stand-out and I'm glad it was released as a single. It's better than both Ready For It and Look What You Made Me Do. Here we get to really hear Taylor Swift's singing voice, something that got lost with the past couple of singles from her. The track features Ed Sheeran, who now has six appearances on the countdown. This just keeps getting better. I really like his verse and I was definitely interested in another potential collab between the two after Everything Has Changed, a song I really liked from Red. Future is also here and he doesn't sound as bad as usual. His verse can be tolerated, which is probably the best compliment he'll ever get from me. Taylor Swift's vocals sound good for the most part. I don't like the "big reputation" part, but I really like the chorus. It's definitely an interesting song that I'm enjoying. I wouldn't mind if this became a big hit, though I have a hard time seeing it as something that'll be successful. Maybe it'll prove me wrong. But for now, I'm not so sure how this will do.

~ Fall Out Boy's MANIA is definitely an interesting album so far. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm also not sure why Hold Me Tight Or Don't had to make its way on to the countdown. This song, like Young and Menace, is a little experimental and it deviates a little bit from their old rock sound. It sounds very radio-friendly, and while that's not necessarily a bad thing, it's missing what I like about Fall Out Boy. I liked Champion and The Last Of The Real Ones because they both have a good rock vibe and that's what I like hearing from these guys. This is a lot different from that. It's a bit more EDM-influenced. I absolutely hate the whistle that you can hear every now and then in the song. I think it sounds awful and very unfitting. I like the first half of the chorus with the vocals, but the second half without the vocals really doesn't sound that good. I don't think Patrick Stump's voice really fits well with this type of song. The production here is pretty mediocre in my opinion. Fall Out Boy can do a lot better. Something tells me MANIA will have me split down the middle after having heard these four pre-releases.


Hit-Bound
~ Here is the Hit-Bound list.


  • Spencer – Whatever
  • AJR/Rivers Cuomo – Sober Up
  • Sofi Tukker/NERVO – Best Friend
  • Bruno Mars/Cardi B – Finesse (DEBUT)
  • Wolves – Animal
  • Imagine Dragons – Whatever It Takes
  • Maroon 5 – Wait (DEBUT)
  • NF – Let You Down
  • Justin Timberlake – Filthy (DEBUT)
  • Camila Cabello – Never Be The Same
  • P!nk – Beautiful Trauma
  • Clean Bandit/Julia Michaels – I Miss You
  • All Time Low – Last Young Renegade
  • Alan Walker/Noah Cyrus/Digital Farm Animals – All Falls Down

~ Finesse is a step up from 24K Magic and That's What I Like. But it's still not good. I'm still not exactly into this style of music. I don't like the addition of Cardi B. I think she's obnoxious and has no talent. Her contribution to the song didn't do much for me. I'm probably angering the Bruno Mars fans. I'm sorry, but I just can't get on board with him and this new direction in his music. I'll probably get attacked for this, but frankly I don't care. His music sucks ass (in my opinion).

~ Wait is another song that just goes to show that Adam Levine has essentially taken over Maroon 5. There's no band here. This song sounds like something I would hear from a solo artist. It's not bad, but it's nothing memorable. I would appreciate if this didn't get as big as What Lovers Do.

~ I'm not surprised to see new Justin Timberlake music as we're getting closer to his Super Bowl halftime show performance. Filthy was definitely something to take in. I'm not sure what to think of this song. I've listened to it about ten times by now and it seems to be a grower, but the song just seems a little sloppy compared to his other songs. The vocals are good for the most part, but the production is a little weird. I'll talk more about it when it debuts.


Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. Imagine Dragons – Whatever It Takes
2. Clean Bandit/Julia Michaels – I Miss You
3. Alan Walker/Noah Cyrus/Digital Farm Animals – All Falls Down
4. P!nk – Beautiful Trauma
5. Sofi Tukker – Best Friend


Blurb Me Tight Or Don't
~ Having Thunder is really not a good way to start off 2018. I may have liked this song before. But now it's just mediocre at best. I criticized Believer saying that I wanted the old Imagine Dragons back, when really I should've been saying this about Thunder instead. Believer is the Imagine Dragons that I like. Thunder, on the other hand, is a huge disappointment from the band. This should not be at #1 any longer.

~ We have two entrants in the Top 10 this week: Rockstar and Wolves. I'm not so sure what Rockstar is doing there, but Wolves is definitely welcomed. I don't mind see this become a hit similar to It Ain't Me.

~ After only one week of being outside of the Top 20, Believer has returned. I can tolerate this song now and I wouldn't mind it sticking around for a while. But Thunder needs to start making its way down.

~ Eminem/Ed Sheeran – River made a nice jump into the Top 20 this week. It's nice to see that this one is being treated well so far. Hopefully it continues to do well.

~ Ready For It and Praying both seem to have taken some large drops. The former I don't care too much for. It was enjoyable, but nothing memorable. The latter is what really had my attention. I'm glad this song did as well as it did and lasted as long as it did. It made my Top 5 of 2017 and it was deserving of that. It has done well here and I hope it'll stick around for a little while longer.

~ I did not think there would be any debuts this week. So unfortunately our exits failed to make it into 2018 and are ineligible for 2018's Year-End rankings. But I really don't think Find You would've made it on my Top 45 of 2018 when we still have a whole year ahead of us. And One More Light was already ineligible for 2018's Year-End rankings as I ranked it in 2017. So I'm not too disappointed by this.


Top 20 Review
0 – Crap:
NONE

1 – Bad:
20. Post Malone/21 Savage – Rockstar
19. Imagine Dragons – Thunder

2 – Mediocre:
18. Kelly Clarkson – Love So Soft

3 – Decent:
NONE

4 – Good:
17. Ed Sheeran – Galway Girl

5 – Great:
16. Halsey – Bad At Love
15. Camila Cabello – Havana
14. Niall Horan – Too Much To Ask
13. Dua Lipa – New Rules
12. Charlie Puth – How Long
11. Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes
10. Maroon 5/SZA – What Lovers Do
9. X Ambassadors – Ahead of Myself
8. Imagine Dragons – Believer
7. Selena Gomez/Marshmello – Wolves
6. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line – Meant To Be
5. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/F.G.L./watt – Let Me Go
4. Ed Sheeran – Perfect
3. Eminem/Ed Sheeran – River
2. Walk The Moon – One Foot

BONUS: 6 – Best Song On The Countdown:
1. Macklemore/Kesha – Good Old Days

Total Score: 89/100 = 89% (B+)


Throwback Pick Of The Week: The Fray – How To Save A Life

Most Missed Countdown Song: Ellie Goulding – Anything Could Happen

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Liam Payne/Rita Ora – For You

Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: Runaground – Chase You Down (#18)


My Top 5 Picks
1. TIE: Macklemore/Kesha – Good Old Days
1. TIE: Macklemore/Skylar Grey – Glorious
3. Walk The Moon – One Foot
4. Eminem/Ed Sheeran – River
5. Zayn/Sia – Dusk Till Dawn

176 comments:

  1. First, and it's good to see that me and you have the same recommendation for Hits 1. For You by Liam Payne featuring Rita Ora is a really good song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, you're not angering me too much when it comes to Bruno Mars's music, because I knew you weren't going to like Finesse given that you still prefer the old Bruno.

    As far as his Justin Timberlake's new single goes, I'm kinda with you on your opinion. I'm seen plenty of criticism while surfing on Pulse Music Boards. We'll see if it ends up growing on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Looks at Thunder in red*

    WHAT?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it’s just not good.

      Delete
    2. OHMMYMYMYMYMY GOD GODO GOD Adrian has thunder in red? Am I sleeping?

      Delete
    3. Yay for Thunder at #1....... wait that song needs to leave already!!!!

      Delete
  4. Hey Adrian, how would you like to do the Hits 1 Top 45 Year-End chart post?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, ATR. If you've actually took the time to read his latest posts, then you probably should have known that Thunder has been fading on him for a while now.

    On that note, I kinda wished he didn't, because for my sake I really need it to hold that #1 spot just to keep Rockstar out. I swear to god, if it EVER reaches #1, I'm gonna lose it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really need it to hold that #1 spot, too.

      Delete
  6. Jeez, you must HATE Strip That Down in order to have it in orange over Rockstar.

    Also, *Sees Thunder in red* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! But it was expected. I thought it to go though the pink-turquoise route before going in red though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually Dylan, I was kinda expecting the same thing, especially given most of the songs he grows out of usually begin in that territory before he starts to hate it.

      And unfortunately for all of us, that bad news (for me, especially), because I'm going to need Thunder to hold that spot because the voters are suddenly liking Rockstar right now.

      As for Strip That Down, I have a feeling that he's going to have it in orange for the rest of its tenure, until something worse suddenly comes along.

      Delete
    2. Maybe he got Thunder in the pink-turquoise route before he made his post.

      Delete
    3. He never did. It was in blue in his previous posts.

      Delete
    4. I think he meant after he made the Halsey post, Thunder would've been pink for a bit then yellow for a day or two then turquoise for a bit then red like it is in this post.

      Delete
  7. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Bruno Mars - Finesse (Original Version)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also, Shape Of You is #13 on the Billboard Hot 100 this week. On its 52nd week. It's gonna defy the recurring rule. On one hand, I am kind of afraid of it passing Uptown Funk on Decade-End and Greatest of All Time, but on the other hand, I'm okay it with it not leaving yet, but mostly out of spite.

    And as for the elephant in the room, yeah, I had a feeling he wouldn't like Finesse. I won't say anything more than that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I knew it. Very disappointing for me and you that he doesn't like Finesse.

      And I forgot to mention this, but oh boy. Miles will be pissed.

      Delete
    2. I thought it was weird when SoY was moving up than I remember radio year-end countdowns.

      Delete
    3. Its longevity is just great, but at the same time, it's not surprising given that Shape Of You nearly broke records across the board since day one.

      Something tells me that this will last a year much like Thinking Out Loud did back in the end of 2015 (unless something drastic happens this week).

      Delete
  9. BTW, in case anyone hasn't already, here's my latest Year-End post.

    http://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2018/01/2017-year-in-review-part-5-my-top-50.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. DogStar Radio keeps crashing, then working, then crashing, etc. At least it isn't out for half of the week so I won't complain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As if Rockstar in the Top 10 was bad enough...

    Bad news for Meant To Be haters: I unfortunately heard it as Most Wutchuwanted while I was out today, God fucking dammit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What are the Hit Bound spins so far?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever: 2
      Sober Up: 2
      Best Friend: 2
      Finesse (Remix): 13 (This IS debuting I can see with the naked eye)
      Animal: 2
      Whatever it Takes: 2
      Wait: 3
      Let You Down: 3
      Filthy: 14 (Same as Finesse (Remix))
      Never Be The Same: 2 (Won't be surprised if this flops)
      Beautiful Trauma: 2
      I Miss You: 2
      Last Young Renegade: 3
      All Falls Down: 3 (God f*****g dang it)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, both Finesse and Filthy are definite debuts this week. The former which I'm very thrilled about. Plus, it's headed for #1 on Spotify; it's currently sitting at #2 behind Rockstar as of this typing.

      It's about damn time we got a song that's ready to dethrone this son of a bitch.

      Delete
    3. I will be surprised if Never Be The Same flops.

      Delete
    4. But seriously? Why does the 2 worst HitBound songs have to debut? We need a better week like next week.

      Delete
    5. Gelography: Never Be the Same is not flopping, it's still gaining pop airplay.

      Delete
  13. WAMB10: Oh dear. Another person who hate the new Bruno Mars. Seriously, I can't be the only person who actually like his new direction.

    But yeah, you're not really breaking any hearts in terms of Filthy. It's a polarizing single. A lot of people didn't really like the song from what I heard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the new Bruno Mars. I just died out on TWIL after a while.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, she loathed the title track, it was one of her most hated songs from 2016 even, and I know she didn't mind That's What I Like for a while but I don't think it's stuck with her right now.

      But I feel like the people who like this new Bruno Mars the most - that'd be me, Montavis and Miles - are people who actually pay serious attention to the music of the past.

      Delete
    3. The only ones I liked from the album plus the Finesse remix are that, 24K, and Chunky.

      Delete
  14. So Hits 1 still plays Tear In My Heart, eh? Still one of my favorite TOP songs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they still play this song.

      Delete
  15. Wait finally debuts pop radio charts making some unimportant song drop out and Lost Kings' First Love drop to bottom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it was All Falls Down. I didn't mean to call it unimportant.

      Delete
  16. To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Bruno Mars' new music. The lyrics are extremely classic, and without a solid grasp of sex or 90s culture most of the lines will go over a typical listener's head. There's also Bruno's swagger and confidence, which is deftly woven into his personality. For instance, the fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these lyrics, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Bruno Mars' new music truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the production in Finesse which itself is a cryptic reference to the new jack swing which was very popular in the late 80s and early 90s. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Bruno Mars' genius unfolds itself on their radio stations. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Bruno Mars tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before anyone asks, this is from Rick and Morty.

      Delete
  17. Sober Up has hit a new peak on alternative radio reaching #6.

    ReplyDelete
  18. New on Hits 1: Taylor Swift - New Year's Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that just the Exclusive?

      Delete
    2. I heard it a lot on The Highway.

      Delete
    3. I thought this song is going to debut Hit Bound on the week of 12/30/17.

      Delete
    4. Yeah, but it didn’t happen. And Gelography, I don’t think they play the Exclusive version of this song.

      Delete
  19. Impacting Pop Radio January 30:
    Kesha/The Dap-Kings Horns - Woman
    Olivia Holt - Generous

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adrian, can you add this to your "Other Blogs" list?

    https://dylanst45songsoftheweek.blogspot.com/

    This is my new blog where I will be doing all my personal charts from now on. And yes, I'm expanding it to 45 songs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, this is the post where I talk about the new stuff for my chart.

      http://dylanst45songsoftheweek.blogspot.com/2018/01/well-hello-there.html

      Delete
  21. So, Spectrum Pulse just recently posted his Billboard Breakdown for this week, and...















    He gave the Finesse remix the Best Of The Week. Everything he said about the song was spot on the money. Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this become a big hit this year. Good news for me, Scott, and Miles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going into the episode, I was a little worried, considering that he wasn't huge on the album when he reviewed it back when it dropped in November 2016, but turns out my worries were for nothing. :P And while I have no problem with Perfect still being #1 (although mostly out of spite at this point), I want Finesse to hit #1 even more.

      Delete
  22. http://mymusicreviewingblog.blogspot.com/2018/01/billboard-hot-100-1132018-perfect-ed.html

    After a long hiatus, I am finally back to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  23. No Promises no spins?!?!?!?!?!?!? I can already tell that this week is gonna be terrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, no other songs I think have no spins and Shape Of You Only has 1. I guess it won’t be lasting a full year.

      Delete
    2. I know That's What I Like didn't have 0 spins the week it left, ho boy this is worrying, at least for some of us.

      Delete
  24. #1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Bastille - World Gone Mad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Alice Merton - No Roots

      Delete
  25. Alright guys. So, the news is that the 60th Grammy Awards will be held on January 28th in New York. Here are the list of performers:

    Bruno Mars
    Cardi B.
    Luis Fonsi
    Daddy Yankee
    Logic
    Alessia Cara
    Khalid
    P!NK
    SZA
    Kesha
    Lady Gaga
    Childish Gambino
    Little Big Town
    Patti LuPone
    Ben Platt
    Childish Gambino


    Those are the list of confirmed performers so far. No word on who else is performing at this year's Grammy Awards. We'll find out more in the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What time is the awards? I guessing 8:00?

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. I DON’T WANT TO SEE CHILDISH GAMBINO’S PERFORMANCE, BECAUSE HE HAS SOME STRANGE VOCALS AND I HATE HIS MUSIC!!!!!! AND ADRIAN, YOU’D BETTER NOT DELETE THIS COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    6. ATR: Adrian can delete your comment if he wants to.

      Delete
    7. Wait a minute, Ben Platt is a pop singer, not a country singer.

      Delete
    8. Lol Childish Gambino was probably supposed to be typed once.

      I know Adrian will delete your comment.

      Delete
    9. No no no no no no........

      ATR, you don’t have to see Childish Gambino’s performance during the Grammy Awards. And Adrian, if you delete ATR’s comment, he’s going to be very mad. So please don’t delete ATR’s comment.

      Delete
    10. I don't care if he's mad. He should've known it was going to happen.

      Delete
    11. Sorry ATR. He already deleted your comment.

      Delete
    12. ATR STOP COMMENTING AS ANONYMOUS

      Delete
    13. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    14. Wait a minute......

      I wasn’t commenting as Anonymous. Sorry.

      Delete
  26. Also, . is doing the 2017 Hits 1 Year-End Rankdown if you guys are interested. Here is the link:

    https://countdownguyblog.blogspot.com/p/2017-hits-1-ye-rankdown.html

    ReplyDelete
  27. What are your weekend countdown predictions for 1/13/18?

    ReplyDelete
  28. My weekend countdown predictions for 1/13/18:
    Exits:
    Shape Of You
    Lights Down Low
    Stay

    Entrants:
    Him & I
    Finesse
    Filthy

    #1: Thunder

    Biggest Drop: Believer

    Biggest Jump: Kiwi (Yes, I want this song to do great on this countdown.)

    Hit Bound Entrants:
    New Year’s Day
    My My My!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These actually seem like it could happen, but New Year's Day won't enter, and SoY is not exiting yet.

      Delete
    2. Actually, New Year's Day is going to debut HitBound this week. And Curious is on Hits 1.

      Delete
    3. And Shape of You is not leaving the countdown this week, so deal with it!!!

      Delete
  29. Morning, fam! I've just started working on the AT40 review for this week. I'll have it finished later this afternoon after I get off work. But without spoiling anything, ATR is going to be very disappointed once again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  30. So, I think I learned how to bold your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  31. ALTERNATIVE RADIO NEWS: Sober Up has entered the Top 5 knocking Feel It Still out of there.

    ReplyDelete
  32. POP RADIO NEWS: All Falls Down has re-entered the chart knocking Homemade Dynomite out.

    ReplyDelete
  33. AT40 Countdown review for this week is now out! Enjoy!

    http://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2018/01/at40-camila-cabello-5-week-of-january.html

    ReplyDelete
  34. I just heard Woman by Kesha ft. The Dap-Kings Horns on hits 1 today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I saw it on DSR, when it was on Hits 1 in Hollywood. It's pretty safe to say it's a Hit-Bound entrant.

      Delete
    2. Probably a Hit-Bound one-week song. This might mean that Praying is sadly going to leave us soon.

      Delete
    3. Well, it's announced as the next official single from Rainbow. And I am totally fine with that.

      T3chJ3t, as Montavis probably already knows, is a diehard Kesha stan, and he recently tweeted "Okay 2018, if you make Woman a hit I will forgive everything else you have to throw at me". Something like that.

      Delete
    4. Actually, I haven't been keeping up with his tweets. Been busy with work lately, and yet I still find time to blog.

      Delete
  35. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  36. My weekend countdown predictions for 1/13/18:
    Exits:
    Glorious
    Lights Down Low
    Stay

    Entrants:
    Him & I
    Finesse
    Filthy

    #1: Thunder

    Biggest Drop: ...Ready For It? and/or Dusk Till Dawn

    Biggest Jump: Hold Me Tight Or Don't

    Hit Bound Entrants:
    Woman
    My My My!

    ReplyDelete
  37. *sees the side poll up near the top* Ah, it was a very, very close pick for me between Something Just Like This and Praying, and ultimately decided on the latter.

    ReplyDelete
  38. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  39. It feels great (No Cheat Codes reference) to have an AT40 post done on a Friday!

    http://siriusxmhits1review.blogspot.com/2018/01/at40-camila-cabello-5-week-of-january.html

    ReplyDelete
  40. https://sxmhits1.blogspot.com/2018/01/imagine-dragons-3-week-of-january-6-2018.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Alright, guys. Our exits consist of:

    Cheat Codes featuring Demi Lovato – No Promises
    Macklemore featuring Skylar Grey – Glorious
    Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill
    (R.I.P. You will be missed. :()

    ReplyDelete
  42. 39. Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You (Happy One Year Anniversary!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUU- (explodes)

      Delete
    2. Gelography - Commenting on Minecraft Videos!: Please stop. I hate when you curse at other people. So get out of this room now... or else.

      Delete
    3. Whoops!!! I shouldn't tell him to get out of this blog, that's not nice.

      Delete
  43. 31. Ed Sheeran – Galway Girl (–20) (Biggest Drop)

    Not too surprised about this since I barely heard it throughout the week. Looks like this may be the beginning of the end.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Here's the first set:

    45. Harry Styles – Kiwi (#41) [–4]
    44. Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do (#42) [–2]
    43. MAX featuring Gnash – Lights Down Low (#45) [+2]
    42. Zedd featuring Alessia Cara – Stay (#36) [–6] [Spent 4 Weeks At #1]
    41. The Shadowboxers – Hot Damn (#30) [–11]
    40. Charlie Puth – Attention (#43) [+3] [Spent 1 Week At #1]
    39. Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You (#44) [+5] [Spent 9 Weeks At #1] (Happy One Year!)
    38. Niall Horan – Slow Hands (#35) [–3] [Spent 3 Weeks At #1]
    37. P!NK – What About Us (#31) [–6] [Spent 1 Week At #1]
    36. Liam Payne – Strip That Down (#32) [–4] [Spent 2 Weeks At #1]
    35. Taylor Swift – ...Ready For It? (#22) [–13]
    34. Louis Tomlinson – Miss You (#36) [+2]
    33. Kesha – Praying (#26) [–7]
    32. ZAYN featuring Sia – Dusk Till Dawn (#21) [–11]
    31. Ed Sheeran – Galway Girl (#11) [–20] [Spent 4 Weeks At #1] (Biggest Drop)

    ReplyDelete
  45. 30. Bruno Mars featuring Cardi B. – Finesse (Remix) (DEBUT) (YES!!! :D)

    ReplyDelete
  46. 24. Justin Timberlake – Filthy (DEBUT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HATERS GONNA SAY IT'S FAKE!
      PUT YOUR FILTHY HANDS UP!
      YOU KNOW THIS AIN'T THE CLEEEEEEAN VERSION!
      AND WHAT YOU GONNA DO WITH ALL THAT MEAT?!
      COOKING UP A MEEEEEEAN SERVING!

      ...Help me. xD

      Delete
    2. Just for that, you basically made me kinda like it in a guilty pleasure way. :)

      Delete
  47. 20. G-Eazy featuring Halsey – Him & I (DEBUT)

    ReplyDelete
  48. 19. Fall Out Boy – Hold Me Tight Or Don't (Biggest Jump)

    You know, Spyder. You really have to step up your game a notch. This song had the biggest jump, not End Game. :P

    ReplyDelete
  49. 17. Believer

    Sheesh, this is still hanging on this hard? :O

    ReplyDelete
  50. 16. Post Malone featuring 21 Savage – Rockstar

    Thankfully, this only spent 1 week in the Top 10. Hopefully, it keeps moving down. But now that I jinxed it, watch it roar back up next week.

    ReplyDelete
  51. New Rules has 35+ spins so far. I think this can go higher than #12 according to other charts.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Second set of 15:

    30. Bruno Mars featuring Cardi B. – Finesse (Remix) (DEBUT)
    29. Shawn Mendes – There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#29) [=] [Spent 5 Weeks At #1]
    28. Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry (#28) [=] [Spent 1 Week At #1]
    27. Symon – Lonely Girl (#39) [+12]
    26. Liam Payne – Bedroom Floor (#24) [–2]
    25. Walk The Moon – One Foot (#18) [–7]
    24. Justin Timberlake – Filthy (DEBUT)
    23. Portugal. The Man – Feel It Still (#24) [+1]
    22. Taylor Swift featuring Ed Sheeran and Future – End Game (#34) [+12]
    21. X Ambassadors – Ahead Of Myself (#20) [–1]
    20. G-Eazy featuring Halsey – Him & I (DEBUT)
    19. Fall Out Boy – Hold Me Tight Or Don't (#33) [+14]
    18. Lauv – I Like Me Better (#23) [+5]
    17. Imagine Dragons – Believer (#16) [–1] [Spent 3 Weeks At #1]
    16. Post Malone featuring 21 Savage – Rockstar (#8) [–8]

    ReplyDelete
  53. Top 10 Entrant(s):

    Bebe Rexha featuring Florida Georgia Line – Meant To Be (You've got to be kidding me.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m so sorry about that, Montavis.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, not thrilled about this.

      Oh and Good Old Days also makes its entrance in the Top 10. I forgot about that.

      Delete
  54. Right when I grow back into Castle On The Hill it leaves. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for Castle on the Hill leaving the countdown. Who doesn't like COTH gets to leave the countdown forever. HAHAHA!!!

      Delete
  55. 6. Bebe Rexha featuring Florida Georgia Line – Meant To Be

    Oh, how fucking great. Now I REALLY need the Imagine Dragons to hang on tight to that #1 spot (Or Ed Sheeran, or Camila Cabello, or Halsey, or maybe even Hailee Steinfeld. One of the four).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last time I checked, I Got You didn't come close to this high on here.

      Delete
    2. Nope. It was at #13. Such an amazing song that got underrated.

      Delete
  56. Our #1 song this week on the Hits 1 Weekend Countdown is...























    Ed Sheeran – Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  57. But before we get to that...












    #1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Maroon 5 – Don't Wanna Know (2nd of 3 Weeks At #1)

    Blech.

    ReplyDelete
  58. What's the Hit-Bound list?


    Also, how Ahead Of Myself dropped out of the Top 20 is questionable. It was #2 on the Wutchuwant Countdown last night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have it. Once I listen to it all the way through, I should have it ready.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  59. Here's the rest of the countdown:

    15. Maroon 5 featuring SZA – What Lovers Do (#6) [–9]
    14. Eminem featuring Ed Sheeran – River (#19) [+5]
    13. Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes (#13) [=]
    12. Dua Lipa – New Rules (#12) [=]
    11. Niall Horan – Too Much To Ask (#15) [+4]
    10. Macklemore featuring Kesha – Good Old Days (#14) [+4]
    9. Charlie Puth – How Long (#7) [–2]
    8. Selena Gomez featuring Marshmello – Wolves (#10) [+2]
    7. Kelly Clarkson – Love So Soft (#9) [+2]
    6. Bebe Rexha featuring Florida Georgia Line – Meant To Be (#17) [+11]
    5. Camila Cabello – Havana (#4) [–1] [Spent 1 Week At #1]
    4. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso featuring Florida Georgia Line and Watt – Let Me Go (#5) [+1]
    3. Imagine Dragons – Thunder (#1) [–2] [Spent 3 Weeks At #1]
    2. Halsey – Bad At Love (#2) [=] [Spent 2 Weeks At #1]
    1. Ed Sheeran and Beyoncé – Perfect (#3) [+2] [2nd Week At #1]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's the rest of the countdown:

      Camila Cabello's "Havana should be #1 this week at pop radio for an 8th week in a row.

      Delete
  60. Perfect has hit #1 on the pop radio charts and the "8th Day" effect its Filthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knew that already. Just saw that while I was on Pulse Music Boards. But something tells me Havana may try to take back that top spot now that her album has dropped. Helps that her song got discounted on iTunes. I don't know for sure yet.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  61. Okay. Here's the Hit-Bound list for this week:

    Sofi Tukker featuring NERVO, Alisa Ueno, and The Knocks – Best Friend
    P!NK – Beautiful Trauma
    Alan Walker featuring Noah Cyrus and Digital Farm Animals – All Falls Down
    Clean Bandit featuring Julia Michaels – I Miss You
    AJR featuring Rivers Cuomo – Sober Up
    Maroon 5 – Wait
    Kesha featuring The Dap-Kings Horns – Woman (DEBUT)
    Spencer – Whatever
    All Time Low – Last Young Renegade
    Imagine Dragons – Whatever It Takes
    NF – Let You Down
    Troye Sivan – My My My! (DEBUT)
    Camila Cabello – Never Be The Same
    WØLVES – Animal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Troye Sivan track is apparently pretty high on Spotify and iTunes. Seems like it has the potential to be a real hit, unlike Youth which did pretty good here on Hits 1 but not on Billboard.

      And yay Woman, come on this must smash >:D

      Delete
    2. Oh no!!! Beautiful Trauma is shit right now!!!

      Delete
  62. Here you go, everyone!

    http://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2018/01/ed-sheeran-and-beyonce-2-week-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  63. Guys. I’m done with this. The Blogger sometimes doesn’t let me post my comments and I’m SICK of that. The only way is to log out and then log back on again. This is beyond ridiculous and I hate it. If you wanna know when it started, go to http://myweekendcountdownreview.blogspot.com/2017/10/my-comments-wont-show.html?m=1. But seriously, I’m gonna be leaving now because of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bye-bye. I wish you best luck with life.

      Delete
    2. How about you go to your account and then go to Edit Profile and then leave everything then tap on Save Profile and then you’re back in.

      Delete
    3. They don’t have the edit profile option.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    6. I decided not to leave. (Not a Snakehips/MO reference.)

      Delete
    7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    8. Goodbye Dylan, you will not be missed forever. HAHAHA

      Delete
  64. 6-day reminder for the 2017 Hits 1 Year-End Rankdown!!! 6 people have sent in a list so far. I have not finished my list yet.

    The link to the blog page is:
    http://countdownguyblog.blogspot.com/p/2017-hits-1-ye-rankdown.html

    The link to the form is:
    https://goo.gl/forms/GlcR525SW83xddpY2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is not mandatory, by the way.

      Delete
    2. ., why won’t you submit a rankdown? You did it in the previous 2 rankdowns.

      Delete
    3. He said he hasn't finished it yet, pay attention!

      Delete
  65. My countdown post should be out at 8:00 Eastern/5:00 Pacific tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  66. So maybe not 8:00. I was out a lot today so I still have blurbs/new entrants to do.

    Also, sorry Montavis. Your Falcons just couldn't get it done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, just finished watching it. Disappointing game for us. Obviously, it was not the outcome I was hoping for. So yeah.

      Delete
    2. At least your team made it farther. My Panthers lost last week. I had hope this year that they could win it all. Oh well.

      Delete
    3. I was actually at that game myself. The first half was slow and uneventful, but that last play on the Eagles' end, dang.

      Delete
  67. Countdown post is out!

    http://siriusxmhits1review.blogspot.com/2018/01/ed-sheeran-2-week-of-january-13-2018.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I said goodbye Dylan. You will not be missed. You're back again??? NO WAY!!! LEAVE!!!

      Delete
  68. The countdown is out!

    http://sxmhits1weekendcountdownblog.blogspot.com/2018/01/ed-sheeran-2-week-of-january-13-2018.html

    ReplyDelete
  69. I'm sorry, the old Taylor can't come to the phone right now!!!

    ReplyDelete