Saturday, December 23, 2017

Year-End Special: 2017 – A Year In Review

And just like that, another year has gone by. It seems like time keeps going by faster and faster. Although we didn't lose as many musical stars as last year, we did lose Chester Bennington from Linkin Park, one of the biggest rock bands that certainly made a difference in peoples' lives. May he rest in peace. He will certainly be missed. In terms of the music, things were not that different in 2017 than they were in 2016. The quality of the music that, say, hits #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 has gone down substantially. We're at the point where songs like Bodak Yellow can hit #1 in the country. This is basically saying that anyone can have a #1 hit, despite your talent level. Seriously? The U.S. is the only country that had Bodak Yellow as a #1 song. And aside from Canada, in no other country did it even reach the Top 10.


I guess what I'm getting at is that music has been going downhill, especially since rap music is now bigger than ever. Don't get me wrong, we've had a bunch of really good songs this past year. But with those good songs, we've also had some shitty ones that have outperformed the good ones on charts like the Billboard Hot 100. In a little bit, I'm going to be counting down the 10 worst songs of 2017. But I'm restricting that list to songs that made it on to the Weekend Countdown. However, I do still want to recognize several songs that did not make it on to the countdown that were, what I would consider, atrocious. So before we get to the Bottom 10, here are some of the worst songs of the year that did not make it on to the Weekend Countdown.


  • 21 Savage – Bank Account
  • 21 Savage/Offset/Metro Boomin – Rap Saved Me
  • Cardi B – Bodak Yellow
  • Drake – Fake Love
  • Fall Out Boy – Young and Menace
  • Kyle/Lil Yachty – iSpy
  • Lil Pump – Gucci Gang
  • Lil Uzi Vert – XO Tour Llif3
  • Lil Yachty/Migos – Peek A Boo
  • Maroon 5/Julia Michaels – Help Me Out
  • Migos/Lil Uzi Vert – Bad and Boujee
  • Migos/Nicki Minaj/Cardi B – MotorSport

Keep in mind that these songs are only the ones I actually cared to listen to this past year. I'm sure there are several more that I didn't even bother with. But anyway, now that we got that out of the way, it's time to count down the 10 worst songs of the year. Like I said, this list is restricted to Hits 1 (since this is a Hits 1 blog). First, let's go through the dishonorable mentions!


  • Ariana Grande/Future – Everyday
  • Bruno Mars – That's What I Like
  • Charli XCX – After The Afterparty
  • Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry
  • Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd – Starving
  • Halsey – Now Or Never
  • Hey Violet – Break My Heart
  • Kelly Clarkson – Love So Soft
  • Maroon 5 – Don't Wanna Know
  • Noah Cyrus – Stay Together
  • Post Malone/21 Savage – Rockstar
  • Rihanna – Love On The Brain
  • Sabrina Carpenter – Why
  • Sam Hunt – Body Like A Back Road
  • Selena Gomez – Fetish
  • Snakehips/MØ – Don't Leave
  • Zedd/Liam Payne – Get Low


Bottom 10 Songs of 2017
10. Flo Rida/99 Percent – Cake
I typically enjoy Flo Rida's music for the most part. He's never been a stand-out artist by any means. But he has had some pretty good stuff in the past. This song is probably the worst of the bunch. It's beyond annoying. The lyrical content is really not that great. The vocals are pretty bad. Thankfully this didn't actually become a hit.



9. Zayn/PartyNextDoor – Still Got Time
I don't see the appeal whatsoever. As much as songs like I Don't Wanna Live Forever were overplayed, it's still a lot better than this. The production here is pretty lazy and there's really nothing interesting about it. Zayn doesn't show what he's capable of vocally. It's a messy song all in all. He certainly has some good songs, but this is not one of them. Thankfully this only lasted two weeks on the countdown. But frankly, it shouldn't have even been there at all.



8. Noah Cyrus/Labrinth – Make Me (Cry)
Noah Cyrus does not have a good voice. Like at all. Just because you're related to Miley Cyrus doesn't automatically make you as talented as her. This girl is nowhere near as talented as Miley. Not by a long shot. This song is boring and forgettable. I don't feel any emotion from the song or her voice. Not even Labrinth, who had one of the best songs of 2013, could save the song. Fortunately, this wasn't a massive hit and it didn't last very long on Hits 1.



7. Julia Michaels – Uh Huh
I think Julia Michaels wins the award this year for worst voice. She shows no vocal talent whatsoever on this track. I guess she sounds okay in the verses. But I absolutely cannot stand the chorus when her voice starts cracking so much. No, this is not cool nor is it "trendy." I listen for talent. That is not talent. I don't know who thought this was okay. The lyrics aren't that good either. But the guitars are somewhat tolerable. I'm glad this ended up flopping. Here's to hoping her next single will be better.



6. AJR – Weak
There's something about AJR that I just can't stand. I'm sure they're nice guys and all. But their songwriting just makes me cringe every time. I feel like this was supposed to be some kind of self-empowerment song saying that it's okay to be weak. But it was executed so poorly that it just sounds like some little childish song that's hard to take seriously. The chorus is obnoxious, especially when you hit the final chorus. I've never liked these guys and after listening to what their album, The Click, has to offer, I now have a good reason as to why.



5. Hey Violet – Guys My Age
This song's production is beyond cringe-worthy and it's furthest thing from sexy I've ever heard. But that's not even the biggest problem I have with this song. I can't stand the lyrics. The lead vocalist is 19 years old and she has a problem with guys her age. What I'm getting is that she assumes all guys her age are assholes that don't "treat her." But as someone that is around her age, I want to point out that this is not true. And she thinks the solution is to date older men. There are a lot of guys her age that are mature, so it seems kind of rude to say that all guys her age don't know how to treat women. Maybe I over-analyzed the song or took the lyrics too literally. But either way, the song is shit. I don't know how this made it on to Hits 1. I legitimately don't.



4. Childish Gambino – Redbone
I don't even know what this song is. It's probably the strangest "song" I've heard all year. I've listened to the song the whole way through a few times and I was weirded out throughout the whole song every time. The production and lyrical content are very strange. The vocals are even stranger and they're actually kind of annoying. There honestly isn't even much more to say about this. It's one of those songs that you have to listen to, and then you'll understand what I'm getting at (hopefully).



3. Liam Payne – Strip That Down
Liam was the last One Direction member to go solo and sure enough, he ended up being the worst. I like Niall's acoustic-pop, Louis' electro-pop, and Harry's classic rock. I have mixed feelings about Zayn, but he does have some good songs. But Liam just had to take on this hip-hop sound that sounds no different than a good chunk of the other mainstream hip-hop/rap songs. The lyrics are no good, which I find interesting considering that this song had like a million songwriters (including Ed Sheeran). The vocals are okay, but Liam doesn't show any vocal talent necessarily. There was no point in this song that I thought Liam stood out from the other One Direction members vocally. And like I said, it sounds like the same kind of hip hop/trap song that we now hear on a regular basis. So does his music really stand out? Not at all. He's trying to be like everyone else. And Liam, did you really have to have a diss at One Direction, the band that got you where you are now? It's sad that this song actually hit #1 on Hits 1. It's as if people don't know what good music is anymore. Oh well. People somehow like this. I hate it.



2. Julia Michaels – Issues
I never liked this song. Even when it first debuted on Hit-Bound, I was already questioning its existence. But it's because of this song that Julia Michaels got nominated for all these "Best New Artist" awards. I can appreciate her as a songwriter, but I don't like her as an artist. This is another song that has very strange production and pacing. The vocals are not good whatsoever. But I think one of the reasons why I hate this song is because people have been praising it so much. I have friends that sing along to this nonstop and it just makes the song that much more unbearable. And I don't get it. I don't get what all the hype is about. I don't get why people love this song so much. I guess the songwriting doesn't suck. But everything else just makes this song unlistenable in my opinion. Her voice isn't even that bad. It's just songs like these where she sounds really weird and not very appealing. But if you listen to songs like Carry Me by Kygo, you'd know that she has a decent voice. She just doesn't seem to know how to use it. Hopefully if she releases something in 2018, it'll be MUCH better than this.



1. Selena Gomez – Bad Liar
Selena Gomez had three songs in last year's dishonorable mentions. My guess is that she actually wanted to be in the Bottom 10 songs of that year. So she decided to try again this year with a song that couldn't have possibly missed this list: Bad Liar. I don't understand all the critical acclaim nor do I understand how people could possibly consider this her best song. She has had so many better songs. This is shit. She is mumbling and whispering throughout the whole song. Nowhere in the song do I think, "Wow. She has a great voice." She does have a good voice, but she doesn't use it in this song. She does in her DJ collabs. But in this and Fetish, it seems like the mumbling Selena is the way to go. It's not. It sounds really bad. Like REALLY bad. The production is extremely underwhelming. It's almost not even there. The song is basically nothing. But I guess the main problem with this song is that Selena Gomez actually thinks this is okay. This song sounds a lot like Hands To Myself and some other songs from Revival. And like those songs, this sounds really bad. Yet she continues with this sound. I much preferred her older upbeat music. But at some point she decided to try a sultry-type sound that I really don't think works for her. Now, single after single, she continues to prove that she is not that good as a solo artist. I'm sure we'll be getting more from her soon. Hopefully she can find a sound that actually suits her. I would hate it to have to include her again in my Bottom 10 songs of 2018.



Our list of #1 songs this year isn't that much different than any other year. But we really didn't have very many songs dominating the countdown in 2017, which makes the #1 song of the year reasonably obvious. So it seems like there are more songs that hit #1 this year than any other year recently as we did have a lot of one-weekers. This list is okay for the most part. A couple of these songs got too overplayed and a couple were bad from the start. But other than that, the remaining songs were pretty good and somewhat deserving. So here is our parade of 2017's #1 hits.


  • Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You (9)
  • Shawn Mendes – There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (5)
  • Ed Sheeran – Galway Girl (4)
  • Zedd/Alessia Cara – Stay (4)
  • The Chainsmokers/Coldplay – Something Just Like This (3)
  • Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill (3)
  • Imagine Dragons – Believer (3)
  • Maroon 5 – Don't Wanna Know (3)
  • Niall Horan – Slow Hands (3)
  • Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd – Starving (2) (4 total)
  • Halsey – Bad At Love (2)
  • Imagine Dragons – Thunder (2)
  • Liam Payne – Strip That Down (2)
  • Bruno Mars – That's What I Like (1)
  • Camila Cabello – Havana (1)
  • The Chainsmokers – Paris (1)
  • Charlie Puth – Attention (1)
  • Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry (1)
  • Ed Sheeran – Perfect (1)
  • P!nk – What About Us (1)
  • Twenty One Pilots – Heathens (1) (2 total)


When it comes to Hit-Bound, as usual, we had a load of good songs that were on Hit-Bound, but failed to make their debut on the Weekend Countdown. But instead of just being forgotten, I've decided to recognize them all for their time and service on Hit-Bound. So here are all the Hit-Bound songs that unfortunately never got the privilege to be announced by Spyder Harrison on the Weekend Countdown.

  • Bebe Rexha – The Way I Are (Dance With Somebody)
  • Bruno Mars – Chunky
  • Calum Scott – Dancing On My Own
  • Captain Cuts – Love Like We Used To
  • Carly Rae Jepsen – Cut To The Feeling
  • Coin – Talk Too Much
  • Dua Lipa – Blow Your Mind (Mwah)
  • Fall Out Boy – Young and Menace
  • Gavin DeGraw – She Sets The City On Fire
  • Katy Perry – Bon Appetit
  • Katy Perry/Nicki Minaj – Swish Swish
  • Kungs/Ephemerals – I Feel So Bad
  • Little Mix – Shout Out To My Ex
  • Little Mix – Touch
  • Lorde – Green Light
  • Mansionz/G-Eazy – Wicked
  • Maty Noyes – In My Mind
  • P!nk/Eminem – Revenge
  • Paramore – Hard Times
  • Pentatonix – Hallelujah
  • PRETTYMUCH – Would You Mind
  • Rita Ora – Your Song
  • Shawn Hook/Vanessa Hudgens – Reminding Me
  • Taylor Swift – Gorgeous
  • Why Don't We – Something Different

From this list, I will announce my 2017 Lights Over Paris Hit-Bound Hero Award. This award is given to the best song to make it on to Hit-Bound, but fail to debut the countdown. So it's essentially the best song on this list. There were a lot of good songs this time around. But this song I'm about to announce is one I've loved since the very first time I heard it and I was very disappointed when it didn't make it on to the Weekend Countdown.


2017 Lights Over Paris Hit-Bound Hero Award Winner: Carly Rae Jepsen – Cut To The Feeling


This song is honestly a pop masterpiece. It had me hooked from start to end. I'm not sure why Carly Rae Jepsen is as underrated as she is because she is a very talented artist. Some people probably still think of her as the annoying Call Me Maybe girl. But Cut To The Feeling shows that she is capable of so much more. It's sad that this didn't really become a hit.

Runner-Ups:

  • Shawn Hook/Vanessa Hudgens – Reminding Me
  • Little Mix – Touch
  • Kungs/Ephemerals – I Feel So Bad


Hits 1 is pretty good about picking up as many hit songs as they can. But they also tend to pick up some underground songs that aren't exactly hits. This isn't bad by any means, but it does result in some hit songs not being able to make it on to the station. Hits 1 tends to leave out rap music for the most part, which is understandable as it is a family station. But there are some pop songs they miss every now and then. It seemed as though they almost didn't pick up Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber – Despacito. They ended up getting it, but a little late. But then there are songs like J Balvin & Willy William  Mi Gente that just didn't make the cut apparently. So now I will present the Biggest Whiff of the Year award, the award that goes to the biggest song that failed to make it on to Hits 1. This song in particular was the highest ranked song on the Billboard Year-End chart for 2017 that did not make it on to Hits 1. So I think it deserves this honor.

2017 Biggest Whiff Of The Year Award Winner: Kendrick Lamar – Humble



Tenure Trophies
This year, we had a few songs that had a short countdown life. But there was one song in particular that lasted only one week on the countdown.


Shortest Tenured Song of 2017 (at one week): G-Eazy/Kehlani – Good Life


For the longest tenure, it's pretty clear that this song is on its way to lasting a year on the countdown. I'm guessing it'll end up being Hits 1's #1 song of 2017 as well. By spending the most weeks on the countdown within the calendar year, here is the longest tenured song of the year.


Longest Tenured Song of 2017: Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You (debuted 1/14/17; still on the countdown)



Well I hope you guys enjoyed! This was my attempt at summing up 2017 in one post. Next up, I plan to release my Top 45 songs of the year next week. I'm currently in the midst of finalizing the list. As soon as that's done, I'll be able to transfer it over to Blogger and I'll hopefully have it for you guys as soon as possible. Before that though, I do plan to have the Weekend Countdown for this weekend out hopefully on Monday since I will most likely not be able to post tomorrow since it's Christmas Eve. But once again, I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas! :)

61 comments:

  1. First, and I'm not surprised about the #1. I definitely agree. Bad Liar makes me want to throw up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! I pretty much agree with most of your Bottom 10. Your thoughts are basically my thoughts. But I'll just give my opinion anyway.

    10. My thoughts. This to me is Flo Rida's worst single thus far. (Red)

    9. I'm quite surprised about this being in your Bottom 10, though I'm kinda relieved to see it there, because it's basically a snooze fest, if you will. (Red)

    8. One may think the teardrop sound is cool, but it actually makes the song worse. I'm sorry, Noah, but I'm not falling for this kind of garbage. (Red)

    7. While I did kinda like Issues from the start, this one was a different story. There's no meaning to this song at all, and her vocals are worse than before. (Red)

    6. I actually used to like this at first because it was cool, until I realized how stupid the lyrics really are. And the chorus is not helping. (Red)

    5. It doesn't really weird me out as much as you, but I do agree with everything else. (Red)

    4. Don't get me wrong. I like ballads, especially ones with a 50's throwback vibe to it, but this was poorly executed, vocals-wise. (Red)

    3. I don't quite hate it as much as you, but I did question his decision to go hip-hop. Liam's debut is just not good. (Turquoise)

    2. I'm quite surprised you hate this one so much, but I can actually see why now. It's mainly because of her vocals alone, but I do like the meaning behind it. (Yellow/Turquoise)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was actually expecting a worst list similar to what you did last year, but oh well.

    But if you didn't have that limitation and included non-Hits 1 songs, what would the bottom 10 have been?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good question. The thing is that there are a lot of songs out there that I don't even bother with, a lot of those being rap songs. But if I had to make a list right now, it would probably look like this:

      10. Julia Michaels – Issues
      9. Fall Out Boy – Young and Menace
      8. Kyle ft. Lil Yachty – iSpy
      7. Selena Gomez – Bad Liar
      6. Migos ft. Lil Uzi Vert – Bad and Boujee
      5. Cardi B – Bodak Yellow
      4. 21 Savage – Bank Account
      3. Lil Yachty – Peek A Boo
      2. Lil Uzi Vert – XO Tour Llif3
      1. Lil Pump – Gucci Gang

      Keep in mind, this is off the top of my head and it's based off the songs I actually cared to listen to. But the Bottom 10 overall would look something like this.

      I may do a more thorough analysis for each song if time allows it. But I feel like it's pretty self-explanatory why some of these songs are here.

      Delete
    2. “1. Lil Pump - Gucci Gang”
      Thank the high heavens.

      Delete
  4. My LOP Award is CTTF as well and the runner ups for LOP award is Hard Times, Shout Out To My Ex, And Swish Swish And I agree with all your Bottom 10 songs of 2017

    ReplyDelete
  5. And another runner up for Lop Award is Your Song

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW, here's my Bottom 10 in case you haven't read it yet.

    http://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2017/12/2017-year-in-review-part-1-my-bottom-10.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read it and I do very much agree with 9 out of your 10 picks (I still really like Mi Gente, but that's just me).

      And I definitely saw your #1 pick coming.

      Delete
  7. So I agree with you on 9/10 bottom songs of 2017 but sorry I love Guys My Age and what’s your #1 song of 2017? Here are my #1 songs throughout the whole decade that I know since 2009 I know 2008’s music but I’m not sure #1 song of 2008 was
    2009: Owl City- Fireflies
    2010: Kesha- Tik Tok
    2011: either Last Friday Night T.G.I.F. Or Give Me Everything
    2012: Owl City/Carly Rae Jepsen- Good Time
    2013: Either Come And Get It Or Cups When I’m Gone
    2014: Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj/Jessie J-Bang Bang Or either Ariana Grande- Problem
    2015: either Ellie Goulding- Love Me Like You Do or Ed Sheeran- Thinking Out Loud (Don’t kill me for liking Thinking Out Loud)
    2016: either Shawn Mendes- Treat You Better Or Mike Posner- ITAPII
    2017: Shawn Mendes- TNHMB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be foolish of me to spoil my #1 pick now when I'm planning an entire Top 45 countdown. You'll have to wait and see.

      And I do actually like Thinking Out Loud now.

      Delete
    2. My money's on his #1 being either Praying or Something Just Like This.

      Delete
    3. My of monies goings to being either Praying, Heartless, or ze Something Just Like This.

      Delete
    4. Gelography: Why are you talking so crazy today?

      Delete
  8. When did you grow into Thinking Out Loud?

    ReplyDelete
  9. And what were your #1 songs from 2008-2016?

    ReplyDelete
  10. My countdown post is out!

    http://sxmhits1weekendcountdownblog.blogspot.com/2017/12/ed-sheeran-1-week-of-december-23-2017.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. what do you think of drugs by eden

    ReplyDelete
  12. #9, #8, and #5 will all be in my Top 10 songs of 2017. But iryo.

    Down by Marian Hill is my Biggest Whiff of 2017. Your post just made me realize Mi Gente never made it to Hits 1 lol, I never noticed that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #9? I didn't know you liked that one. Nothing wrong with that, though.

      That's what happens when a song barely makes any impact at all.

      Delete
  13. 10. I did like the verses tbh. It is just the drop and the repetition of "Cake" that bothers me.

    9. Not heard of this one.

    8. She doesn't sound good and the production is bad as well.

    7. Ugh. I don't even want to talk about this.

    6. I still like this even though some people don't. The production is easily the best thing about this imo.

    5. Same as #7.

    4. For some reason, I like this. I don't know why (I know, that's a lame excuse).

    3. Liam Payne should just quit music.

    2. This is very bad but still better then Uh Huh.

    1. I could not agree more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1 week left of 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My Top 10 Worst Songs of 2017 (That Made The Countdown)

    10) Everyday- Ariana Grande ft. Future
    9) Still Got Time- Zayn ft. PartyNextDoor
    8) Fetish- Selena Gomez ft. Gucci Mane
    7) Kissing Strangers- DNCE ft. Nicki Minaj
    6) Guys My Age- Hey Violet
    5) Don't Wanna Know- Maroon 5 ft. Kendrick Lamar
    4) Cold- Maroon 5 ft. Future
    3) HeavyDirtySoul- Twenty One Pilots
    2) Play That Song- Train
    1) Make Me (Cry)- Noah Cyrus ft. Labrinth

    Dishonorable Mentions:
    Swalla- Jason Derulo ft. Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign
    Heavy- Linkin Park ft. Kiiara
    Sign of The Times- Harry Styles
    Say You Won't Let Go- James Arthur
    Love So Soft- Kelly Clarkson
    Mercy- Shawn Mendes
    Honest- The Chainsmokers
    Dusk Till Dawn- Zayn ft. Sia
    What About Us- Pink
    Get Low- Zedd & Liam Payne
    Cake- Flo Rida ft. 99 Percent

    Songs that would have been here if they were on the countdown:
    Mi Gente- J Balvin & Willy William ft. Beyonce
    Bad & Boujee- Migos ft. Lil Uzi Vert
    Black Beatles- Rae Sremmurd ft. Gucci Mane
    Back To Me- Marian Hill ft. Lauren Jauregui
    Down- Marian Hill
    Down- Fifth Harmony ft. Gucci Mane (not bad, just SUPER disappointing)
    Mask Off- Future
    XO Tour Llif3- Lil Uzi Vert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sees Heavy in dishonorable mentions*
      DIE DIE DIE!!

      Delete
    2. How is Sign Of The Times a dishonorable mention? It's one of the best songs of the year.

      Delete
    3. Whyyyyyyyy is Guys My Age and Everyday in the bottom 10.

      Delete
    4. And why is Mercy in your Dishonorable Mentions? Shawn Mendes music just can’t be hated by me.

      Delete
    5. Gelography: Excuse me, did you just say that? Please don’t say that, that’s not appropriate!

      Delete
    6. *sees Heavy in dishonorable mentions* I️ hate that song.

      Delete
    7. YOU DO NOT, CHASE!!!

      Delete
  16. Nice post! I agree with all of your bottom 10 besides 4/5/6. My LOP would be Green Light, but I think CTTF would be my second pick. HUMBLE. is a good pick for the biggest whiff, that would probably be mine too. But I guess Hits 1 can't pick up on a lot of the hip hop music. And I didn't realize how close Shape Of You was to lasting a year. Please don't! One thing I noticed is that you had Help Me Out in dishonorable mentions. I actually that you would like that song but I was clearly wrong lol.

    Also, I will definitely do some year end posts. They may be on Pulse, but I'll give the links on my blog. I may do something Hits 1 related just on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Countdown post is out!

    http://siriusxmhits1review.blogspot.com/2017/12/ed-sheeran-1-week-of-december-23-2017.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bottom 10 Songs Of 2017:
    1. AJR - Weak
    2. Rihanna - Love On The Brain
    3. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar
    4. Childish Gambino - Redbone
    5. The All American Rejects - Sweat

    2017 Lights Over Paris HitBound Hero Award Winner: Shawn Hook/Vanessa Hudgens - Reminding Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WAMB10: Bottom 10? You mean Bottom 5?

      Delete
    2. WAMB10: It’s Bottom 5, not Bottom 5!

      Delete
    3. 2017 Lights Over Paris HitBound Hero Award Winner: Ed Sheeran and Beyonce’s “Perfect Duet” night stick around for a third week at #1 on Hot 100.

      Delete
    4. lol I like all 5 of those songs. Well Weak and Rockstar are only decent, but still not bad.

      Delete
  19. Merry Christmas, fam!

    Spectrum Pulse has just dropped a video of his Top 10 Worst Songs of 2017.

    Adrian, just a spoiler alert: you're going to be very happy with some of these songs (especially your #2).

    Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3voYV8v5sY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very minor spoiler, but I'm surprised that Drowning by A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie featuring Kodak Black wasn't there at all, if only for the line "I'm the shit I'm farting, I don't know how to potty" because he slammed that line when the song debuted back in April.

      Also, without spoiling anything else, I'm thankful that Jack never talks about YouTubers, because he'd be disappointed big time with the fifth dishonorable mention, #6 and #3. And don't even get me STARTED on what Parker would think seeing this, haha.

      Other than that, I don't think any issues (no pun intended) will stem here.

      Delete
  20. Also, kind of an epic fail during the Year-End countdown: after Closer, he said "Closer from the Chainsmokers and Halsey, the #2 hot hit of 2017 on Hits 1. Spyder Harrison with this year's #2 song now". Lol epic fail.

    And on a different note, just like last year, the same acts had both the #5 and #1 spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh. That was an epic fail.

      Delete
  21. My year-end countdown post is out! Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey guys! I hope you are all having a great Christmas. Here's my next post that was just released:

    http://hotfortyfive.blogspot.com/2017/12/week-of-december-16-2017.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. 6 more days left of 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Here it is everyone! My review of Hits 1's Top 45 of 2017!

    http://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2017/12/2017-year-in-review-part-3-ed-sheeran.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. My other year-end posts will be worked on but one or so may be delayed for 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  26. And here's Spectrum Pulse's best songs of 2017.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob0CvXOP6DU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He said on Twitter that his best list was going to be controversial, as in 2015 all over again when he declared Cool For The Summer his favorite song from that year-end list.

      But seeing as I've been following his progression all year, well, I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't watched it yet.

      Delete
    2. Speaking of which, I'm currently working on my best list right now. I should have it ready later this week.

      In the meantime, here's my latest post in case you missed it. :)

      http://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2017/12/2017-year-in-review-part-3-ed-sheeran.html

      Delete
    3. I did in fact see your Year In Review pages, just haven't gotten to commenting on them yet.

      Also, I left a comment on Mark's video expressing my annoyances with all the fake "Wow I can't believe you put (insert crappy song here) on the list/at #1" comments - it's a really annoying joke after the 100th time I see it.

      Delete
  27. 5 more days left of 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  28. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Fall Out Boy/RM - Champion (Remix)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t think it’ll make Hits 1 Chase.

      Delete
    2. Plus, Champion has already made Hits 1 so that remix of the song is not going to make Hits 1.

      Delete
  29. Does anybody have any New Year’s resolutions?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hey guys! A Year In Review is now out! Go read! I'm sure you'll be excited to see what my bottom 10 songs of 2017 are and more!

    https://sxmhits1.blogspot.com/2017/12/a-year-end-special-2017-year-in-review.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Alright, going on my trip. See you all December 31st! (Or sooner)

    ReplyDelete