Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Ed Sheeran (3) – Week Of November 4, 2017

Hey guys! It's hard to believe that it's already November. The year has gone by really fast as every year does. I have officially started constructing my Top 45 of 2017. Since there's still a few more weeks until the cutoff date, I've only started with the obvious picks. The list will be finalized and posted next month. So I'm sure that's something to look forward to. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.


  • Harry Styles – Two Ghosts (#35)
  • Lady Gaga – The Cure (#36)

Last Week's #1 Song: Imagine Dragons – Thunder
The Countdown
45. The All-American Rejects – Sweat (#44)
44. Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals – Back To You (#45)
43. Bruno Mars – That's What I Like (#41) [1 Week At #1]
42. MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low (#42)
41. Kygo/Selena Gomez – It Ain't Me (#43)
40. Charlie Puth – Attention (#40) [1 Week At #1]
39. Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You (#39) [9 Weeks At #1]
38. Justin Bieber/BloodPop – Friends (#38)
37. The Revivalists – Wish I Knew You (#37)
36. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay – Something Just Like This (#31) [3 Weeks At #1]
35. Evaride – Heartless (#32)
34. Zedd/Alessia Cara – Stay (#34) [4 Weeks At #1]
33. Niall Horan – Too Much To Ask (DEBUT)
32. Fergie/Nicki Minaj – You Already Know (#27)
31. The Script – Rain (#33)
30. Dua Lipa – New Rules (DEBUT)
29. Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do (#5)
28. Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber – Despacito (#29)
27. Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill (#19) [3 Weeks At #1]
26. Logic/Alessia Cara/Khalid – 1-800-273-8255 (#24)
25. Shawn Mendes – There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#26) [5 Weeks At #1]
24. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato – No Promises (#22)
23. Linkin Park – One More Light (#21)
22. Sabrina Carpenter – Why (#23)
21. Sam Hunt – Body Like A Back Road (#25)
20. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/watt – Let Me Go (#20)
19. Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes (#28)
18. Camila Cabello – Havana (#16)
17. Charlie Puth – How Long (#17)
16. Mono Mind – Save Me A Place (Bridge & Mountain Remix) (#18)
15. Taylor Swift – ...Ready For It? (#13)
14. Liam Payne – Strip That Down (#4) [2 Weeks At #1]
13. Maroon 5/SZA – What Lovers Do (#14)
12. Kesha – Praying (#15)
11. Imagine Dragons – Believer (#12) [3 Weeks At #1]
10. Niall Horan – Slow Hands (#7)
  9. Portugal. The Man – Feel It Still (#6)
  8. Macklemore/Skylar Grey – Glorious (#10)
  7. Kelly Clarkson – Love So Soft (#11)
  6. Halsey – Bad At Love (#8)
  5. Ed Sheeran – Perfect (#30)
  4. Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry (#2)
  3. Imagine Dragons – Thunder (#1) [1 Week At #1]
  2. P!nk – What About Us (#9)
  1. Ed Sheeran – Galway Girl (#3) [3rd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer (5)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do (–24)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Ed Sheeran – Perfect (+25)

New Entrants
~ First up, we have Niall Horan with Too Much To Ask. This one doesn't seem to be taking off as much as Slow Hands, which is sad because it's arguably his best song. It is slower and more acoustic than Slow Hands, but it works so well for Niall. His voice fits very well with this style of music. The lyrical content is good and the instrumentals are very good. Personally, I would love if this song became a hit. I think it deserves more than what it's getting right now.

~ Next we have Dua Lipa, who you may have heard at some point during the year either from her debut album having been released a few months ago or from her features on tracks like Scared To Be Lonely by Martin Garrix from earlier this year. She is definitely talented. As far as New Rules goes, I don't love it now as much as I did when I first listened to it. But it has a nice vibe to it and I like the verses. The chorus is pretty good too. But I don't love that drop right after. That aside though, it's a solid track and I wouldn't mind seeing some success out of it.


Hit-Bound
~ Here is the Hit-Bound list.


  • Liam Payne – Bedroom Floor
  • Taylor Swift – Gorgeous (DEBUT)
  • Post Malone/21 Savage – Rockstar
  • Selena Gomez/Marshmello – Wolves (DEBUT)
  • Imagine Dragons – Whatever It Takes
  • The Shadowboxers – Hot Damn
  • Zayn/Sia – Dusk Till Dawn
  • Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line – Meant To Be
  • Lauv – I Like Me Better
  • Macklemore/Kesha – Good Old Days
  • X Ambassadors – Ahead Of Myself
  • Nick Jonas – Find You
  • Bruno Mars – Chunky
  • Harry Styles – Kiwi

~ Gorgeous has been jumping between blue and green for me with each listen. It's definitely a good song. But at the same time, I don't find it very memorable nor does it really stand out. However, I can say that it's better than Look What You Made Me Do. Maybe it'll grow on me with more listens.

~ Wolves is a very good song and I'm so glad it's here. The production may not be the best I've heard from Marshmello. But it's still good. Selena Gomez's vocals shine nicely for the majority of the song, particularly in the chorus. This is the kind of music she should be making. She has a good voice, but it's just a matter of whether or not she actually uses it. I would love to see some success out of this song.

~ Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line – Meant To Be is pretty high on iTunes right now, which is good because that means it's getting some recognition. That being said, I would like to see this song graduate to the countdown sometime soon.


Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line – Meant To Be
2. Macklemore/Kesha – Good Old Days
3. Imagine Dragons – Whatever It Takes
4. Selena Gomez/Marshmello – Wolves
5. Zayn/Sia – Dusk Till Dawn


Too Much To Blurb
~ P!nk – What About Us made a slight leap this week up to #2, which is probably the best thing that happened this week. Hopefully this means we'll be able to see it as a #1 song sometime in the future. It's definitely more deserving of it than Galway Girl.

~ Hits 1 probably realized how behind they were with Perfect, so they decided to let it skyrocket up to the Top 5 on its third week. As much as I would love if P!nk took the #1 spot, I wouldn't be surprised to see a replacement of Ed Sheeran by Ed Sheeran at the top spot sometime soon.

~ New to the Top 10 this week is Kelly Clarkson – Love So Soft. It's safe to say that I will probably never fully understand the appeal to this song. I guess I do too much comparing to Clarkson's older music. But then that makes me wonder if I would like this song if it was the first ever song I heard from her. I probably wouldn't, but there's always that possibility.

~ As much as I don't really want to see Love So Soft in the Top 10, I'll take that over Strip That Down any day. I'm glad to see this one finally out of the Top 10. Now it'd be nice if it would just drop and not hang around in the Top 20 for a long period of time like Believer is doing right now.

~ Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do made quite the drop this week. I guess someone from Hits 1 must've read my last post and decided to do something nice for me. I wasn't expecting it, but I'm pleased with it. At least it's not being overrated.

~ And I'm not too surprised to see Fergie/Nicki Minaj – You Already Know already back outside of the Top 30. I couldn't help but notice on Hits 1's Instagram when they shared a photo of Fergie saying that the song made its debut on the countdown, there was only one comment and it was "Terrible song!" So it clearly doesn't seem to be a fan favorite. Fine by me, it was never exactly a great song to begin with anyway.

~ It's nice to see Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha – Back To You still going strong and holding on. While this song may not have done too well compared to other One Direction members' solo work, it's definitely a big favorite of mine out of everything all the One Direction members have released. I would love to see Just Like You make it on Hit-Bound at some point, which probably won't happen because people apparently don't love Louis enough. Oh well.

~ As far as the exits go, I'm not too surprised to see Two Ghosts leave. It was nice while it lasted. I'm not too disappointed about The Cure because it did last a very long time here and it did very well. So I'm happy about that.


Top 20 Review
– Crap:
20. Liam Payne – Strip That Down

1 – Bad:
19. Kelly Clarkson – Love So Soft
18. Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry

2 – Mediocre:
NONE
3 – Decent:
NONE

4 – Good:
17. Imagine Dragons – Believer

5 – Great:
16. Halsey – Bad At Love
15. Niall Horan – Slow Hands
14. Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes
13. Ed Sheeran – Galway Girl
12. Taylor Swift – ...Ready For It?
11. Maroon 5/SZA – What Lovers Do
10. Charlie Puth – How Long
9. Imagine Dragons – Thunder
8. Camila Cabello – Havana
7. Portugal. The Man – Feel It Still
6. Kesha – Praying
5. Ed Sheeran – Perfect
4. Mono Mind – Save Me A Place
3. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/F.G.L./watt – Let Me Go
2. Macklemore/Skylar Grey – Glorious

BONUS: 6 – Best Song On The Countdown:
1. P!nk – What About Us

Total Score: 87/100 = 87% (B+)


Throwback Pick Of The Week: Timbaland/Keri Hilson/D.O.E. – The Way I Are

Most Missed Countdown Song: Gym Class Heroes/Ryan Tedder – The Fighter

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Kygo/OneRepublic – Stranger Things

Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: Tie Between Coldplay/Beyoncé – Hymn For The Weekend (#4) and Jon Bellion – All Time Low (#33)


My Top 5 Picks
1. P!nk – What About Us
2. Macklemore/Skylar Grey – Glorious
3. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/F.G.L./watt – Let Me Go
4. Logic/Alessia Cara/Khalid – 1-800-273-8255
5. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato – No Promises

282 comments:

  1. First, and I wasn't quite expecting your post to be out fairly soon. Still, nice post.

    And your favorite countdown song one year ago, and mine as well. All Time Low by Jon Bellion does have some good stuff to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, Adrian!

    *sees Believer in green*

    I kind’ve actually expected the drop. It was SINKING HARD on both Billboard and AirPlay, at #25 and around 15 spins before this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I know your #1 song of 2017...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. What is his #1 song of 2017?

      -Remy

      Delete
    3. We don't know for sure, yet. Although SJLT is a definite contender for #1, I have a feeling Adrian is going to surprise us with his #1. That's just me, though. Again, I'm not saying it's going to happen, but it's a possibility.

      Delete
    4. SJLT is not going to be the #1 song of 2017, Shape of You is.

      Delete
    5. I have four guesses for Adrian’s #1 song of 2017:
      Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This
      Kesha - Praying
      Mono Mind - Save Me A Place
      P!nk - What About Us

      Delete
  4. Unfortunately, we’re not going to have a lot of exits. October 28, should have definitely NOT been a no exit week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. I must admit, that is kind of disappointing that 10/28 was a 0-DTHNOB week because that was the Halloweekend.
      2. It’s only Tuesday.
      3. I’ve heard 2 songs in my car so far: Meant to Be and I Like Me Better. The former, when I left from Taco Bell for lunch, and the latter, just when I was coming home.

      Delete
    2. Me too. I guess Meant To Be and I Like Me Better are debuting the countdown this week.

      Delete
    3. Well, last year's Halloweekend had one exit.

      Delete
    4. Yep, and it was ** by ****** ******* (censored for two certain people I won't name).

      Delete
    5. And in 2018, I expect -1 exits. (I’m repeating the pattern given)

      Delete
    6. .: Bingo. Also, it seems to me that the blogging community isn't too fond of Meghan Trainor's music, and it's too bad because I really really like her (though I'll admit, her last album wasn't good).

      Delete
    7. Well, in 2014, we had 5 and one of the exits was a one weeker.

      Delete
    8. I was really happy what Welcome To New York lasted only 1 week.

      Delete
    9. You can not have a negative amount of Exits, Gelography.

      Delete
    10. WAIT A MINUTE! Negative means no or backwards, so that probably means it’ll start going up! 1 debut in 2018!

      Delete
  5. Meant To Be and I Like Me Better are debuting this week. It will be interesting to see how they will do. Since Bebe Rexha hasn't had much countdown success here and no one has really heard of Lauv (except us of course)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like those two might do poorly on this countdown.

      -Remy

      Delete
    2. And which songs are debuting Hit Bound this week?

      Delete
    3. ^^^^^That is a very good question. I'm guessing Just Like You will be one. I would like the new Cheat Codes song to debut.

      Delete
    4. Dusk Till Dawn is also gonna debut.

      Delete
    5. Oh yeah I forgot about that. Then we have three songs debuting Hit-Bound.

      Delete
    6. And Bedroom Floor also going to debut.

      Delete
    7. So 4 new entrants on the countdown this week.

      Delete
    8. Wait a minute, Best Friend is debuting HitBound this week.

      Delete
    9. I think it's by a group called Sofi Tukker.

      Delete
    10. Omg did we just comment at the same exact time?!?

      Delete
    11. Best Friend is debuting Hit Bound this week? YES!!! I heard it a lot on Alt Nation.

      Delete
    12. Bedroom Floor didn’t air at all this week except for one time on Monday for HitBound. It will not debut this week.

      Delete
    13. ATR: No it's not. You can't trust Chase.

      Delete
  6. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: GRYFFIN & ILLENIUM/Daya - Feel Good

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Hey Chase, I hate your icon.

      -Remy

      Delete
    2. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Agreed. I really hate Sesame Street.

      Delete
    3. Why does everyone call it an icon?

      Delete
    4. Adrian, do you like my icon?

      Delete
    5. What? We commented at the same time.

      Delete
    6. Omg we are all commenting at the same time.

      Delete
    7. And his “icon” make us look like kids on Netflix.

      Delete
    8. I’d say it’s an icon. A profile icon.

      Delete
    9. I just say profile picture. I've never heard it being called an icon before.

      Delete
    10. We went from music to talking about icons. OK then.

      Delete
  8. #1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Nothing But Thieves - Sorry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Alan Walker/Noah Cyrus/Digital Farm Animals - All Falls Down

      Delete
  9. The New Songs Out There page has been updated. Not all of the songs are necessarily new. But they're either new or big at the moment.

    I also deleted as many unnecessary comments as I could to clear up some space for any additional comments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Surprise! Big And Important Post!

    https://hits1weekendcountdownblog.blogspot.com/2017/11/my-personal-chart-weekly35.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. What the heck is that second comment in the NSOT page...

    LoganDecember 25, 2016 at 4:27 PM
    fith harmony and Nikie Manij put on some cloths you do not need to expose yourself like that and it is not cute and FYI nikie Manij your raps STINK .And the way ya'll dance every time I see it I think Im going to throw up. Ya'll dance terrible -Alexis

    And I was just wondering today if you liked Bodak Yellow. You didn't. At all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol that actually made me laugh.

      Delete
    2. I can understand what they're getting at, even though it'd be nice if they knew how to spell.

      And yeah, Bodak Yellow sucks. One of the worst songs of the year. She sounds like the most unintelligent person in the music industry. I don't understand the comparisons to Nicki Minaj when this girl is as bad as (if not worse than) Azealia Banks, who I despise.

      Delete
    3. Adrian, even though I don't like Bodak Yellow either, care to explain what's so bad about it?

      Delete
    4. ^Agreed, that song is annoying already!!!

      Delete
  12. My predictions:

    Exits:
    Sweat
    That's What I Like
    Friends

    Entrants:
    Meant to Be
    I Like Me Better
    Dusk till Dawn

    #1 Song: What About Us [1st Week at #1]

    Biggest Drop: Sorry Not Sorry (-12)

    Biggest Jump: Too Much to Ask (+11)

    HitBound Entrants:
    Best Friend
    Does it Feel like Falling
    I Miss You

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all for one of the exits, two of the entrants, the #1 song, the Biggest Drop, and the Biggest Jump.

      Delete
    2. I agree with the biggest drop. If that happens, ATR is going to be happy.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, unfortunately for some of you, Sorry Not Sorry isn't taking a big drop this week. I heard it as Most Wutchuwanted for the past few days. Yeah.

      Delete
    4. No, please don’t let Feel It Still have the Biggest Drop! ATR is going to loathe when that happens!

      Delete
    5. Same here. I thought Feel It Still was going to have a chance at #1 on Hits 1. Never mind. It doesn't look like it's going to happen.

      Delete
    6. Hate to break it to you, Adrian, but That's What I Like is not leaving us this week. It's playing on Hits 1 in Hollywood as I type this :P

      Delete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not gonna happen this week you fucking idiot, Havana will be #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 dethroning rockstar.

      -Chasetromonster

      Delete
    2. Oh no, Havana is going to be #1 next week on the Billboard Hot 100.

      -Chasetroghost

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  14. Hit-Bound Entrant: Spencer Barnett - Whatever

    Just heard it during Hits 1 In Hollywood so it could enter Hit-Bound. It is okay for now. With more listens I could grow into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't find it on Spotify.

      Delete
    2. According to DSR, it has played a good amount today. It sounds like a just released song so maybe that is why it isn't on Spotify. Watch for it maybe this weekend it will be on there.

      Delete
    3. I thought MAROON 5 Help Me Out would've entered HitBound.

      Delete
    4. Help Me Out is decent. But listening to Whiskey and Wait more they are certainly better IMO.

      Delete
  15. What are your weekend countdown predictions for 11/11/17?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exits:
      Sweat
      Back To You
      Lights Down Low

      Entrants:
      Meant To Be
      I Like Me Better
      Dusk Till Dawn

      #1: What About Us

      Biggest Drop: Believer

      Biggest Jump: Too Much To Ask

      Hit Bound Entrants:
      Best Friend
      Does It Feel Like Falling
      Whatever

      Delete
  16. My weekend countdown predictions for 11/11/17:
    Exits:
    Sweat
    Back To You
    Lights Down Low

    Entrants:
    Meant To Be
    I Like Me Better
    Dusk Till Dawn

    #1: What About Us

    Biggest Drop: Believer

    Biggest Jump: Heartless & Too Much To Ask

    Hit Bound Entrants:
    Best Friend
    Does It Feel Like Falling
    Whatever

    ReplyDelete
  17. American Top 40 review post will be late. It'll be out tomorrow evening. And in case some of you are wondering, it's not good news, I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hits 1 tweeted the HitBound entrants:
    Best Friend
    Does it Feel like Falling
    I Miss You

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK let's just throw Just Like You out the window shall we...

      Delete
    2. No they didn't, obviously...

      Delete
    3. He is talking to me. I'm just mad that Just Like You is not on Hit-Bound yet but they keep playing it.

      Delete
    4. No I was talking to Chase. They didn't tweet the Hit-Bound entrants.

      Delete
  19. Predictions:
    Exits:
    Sweat
    Wish I Knew You
    Back To You

    Entrants:
    I Like Me Better
    Dusk Till Dawn
    Meant To Be

    #1: Thunder or Perfect

    Biggest Drop: Strip That Down

    Biggest Jump: Too Much To Ask

    Hit-Bound Entrants:
    Best Friend
    Does it Feel like Falling
    I Miss You

    ReplyDelete
  20. Homemade Dynamite debuted radio charts and Feel It Still took the top spot again. LWYMMD also dropped 3 spots.

    ReplyDelete
  21. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Why Don't We - These Girls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #1 Recommendation for Chase: To realize that everyone hates him and he needs to go away and never bother us again.

      Delete
    2. But I like you, Gelography. I'm not going away and I like you a lot!!!

      Delete
    3. We hate you, so lease just go away and never bother is again, you 5 (22) year old troll.

      Delete
    4. I'm not a troll, I'm a real young man.

      Delete
  22. In case you missed it, Reputation is out now! And there’s a collaboration on there featuring Ed Sheeran and Future (:P).

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Working on the AT40 post. Should be posted sometime today or tomorrow. But a MAJOR spoiler alert:









    I'm sorry, ATR, but it hit #1 this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't surprise me. Only good news is, it doesn't irritate me as much as before. (Doesn't mean I like it though)

      Delete
    2. Graham: Well, that's good news for you then, but bad news for others, if you know what I'm talking about.

      Delete
    3. I think I can guess what it is.











      ***** *** *****, right?

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  25. Guess what, I’ve already started to work on my year in review plus start posting weekend countdowns again.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Here it is, everyone!

    http://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2017/11/at40-demi-lovato-1-week-of-november-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  27. Here is my post!

    http://siriusxmhits1review.blogspot.com/2017/11/at40-demi-lovato-1-week-of-november-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. Even though English is my weak subject have 105% this quarter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And in Math, my strong subject, I only have a C.

      Delete
    2. I had extra credit so I got over 100% in English.

      Delete
  29. ANNOUNCEMENT: I have no Top 20 Chart anymore. I replaced it with a new blog for the Top 3 Pop Songs of the Day.

    http://popsongtoday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Good morning everyone, and Happy Veteran's Day! Here are the exits:

    Fergie featuring Nicki Minaj - You Already Know (#32)
    The Revivalists - Wish I Knew You (#37)
    Louis Tomlinson featuring Bebe Rexha - Back To You (#44)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. R.I.P. You Already Know. You will be missed.

      Delete
    2. Not by me. Wasn't too fond of that song, so no complaints there. The other two will be missed by me.

      Delete
  31. 39. Bebe Rexha featuring Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be (DEBUT)

    ReplyDelete
  32. 38. ZAYN featuring Sia - Dusk Till Dawn (DEBUT)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Reputation

    Best Songs: I Did Something Bad, End Game ft. Ed Sheeran & Future, Dress, King Of My Heart, This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things.

    Worst Songs: Gorgeous, New Year's Day

    8/10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't given it a listen, yet. Been busy all day yesterday.

      And what's with the boat on Pulse?

      Delete
    2. Something in the RT thread about comparing bboat to gravey when it comes to rankdowns.

      Delete
  34. 29. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (Biggest Drop)

    Yikes. That kinda came out of nowhere.

    ReplyDelete
  35. 27. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still

    I thought it was going to hit #1 at some point, given it's popularity elsewhere. Never mind. It doesn't look like it going to be the case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT? WHY? WHEN? WHERE? WHO? HOW?

      Delete
    2. AND THE TING GOES SKRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

      Delete
    3. UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  36. 26. Liam Payne - Strip That Down

    More good news there.

    ReplyDelete
  37. 16. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do (Tied for biggest jump)

    Whoa! This came out of nowhere.

    ReplyDelete
  38. ...Ready For It? is #1. Why? Because Spyder said the highest jump was 13. RFI was #13 last week (if I am correct) so the highest it can go is 13. Any songs above that can only go 12, 11, etc. RFI goes up 13 it is #1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, you got it wrong. ...Ready For It? was at #15 last week.

      Delete
    2. Oh. My bad. I thought it was. I think it was 13 two weeks ago and that was what mixed me up. Thanks for the information!

      Delete
  39. 11. No Promises (tied for biggest jump)

    Geez, this song can't make up its mind on where it wants to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am dissapointed that Wish I Knew You left. I really grew into it just yesterday...oh well, at least we got some good songs in return. I am shocked that Sweat survived though.

    ReplyDelete
  41. 9. Ed Sheeran - Perfect

    Nope. Ed Sheeran will not swap places with himself this week. At least not for #1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. I thought for sure after that big jump it would.

      Delete
    2. Same here. We were about to see history in the making. Never mind.

      Delete
  42. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Top 5 Entrant:

    Halsey - Bad At Love (NEW)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. I wouldn't think it would get that high. Could be a future #1.

      Delete
  44. BTW, I'm not giving away the Top 5 this time. I'll just let you guys wait until our #1 is revealed.

    ReplyDelete
  45. The guest DJ who just introduced Thunder sounded like he was in the military. At least to me.

    For that matter, happy Veteran's Day, everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  46. #1 is Sorry Not Sorry or Galway Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Here we go. Our #1 song has just been revealed...


































    It is Sorry Not Sorry. I am so sorry ATR (and Adrian).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #1 on Hits 1 and AT40? Good for Demi. I would rather have this hit #1 now than have to deal with it later. (If it were to still be big later)

      Delete
    2. I guess you could say that you're sorry...not sorry? xP

      Okay, that was a lame pun on my end.

      Delete
    3. BTW, what do you think of the #1? I haven't heard your take on it?

      Delete
    4. I don't hate the song (I do particularly like the post-verse and bridge parts), but I do see the disdain. And I think it is fascinating to see Demi have a #1 spot when most of these tween starlets (Ariana, Selena, etc) have failed to to my recollection.

      Delete
    5. Good to see I'm not alone in my opinion. Well, kinda.

      Delete
    6. YES!

      Should have happened 4 weeks ago though.

      Delete
    7. WHAT?! SORRY NOT SORRY IS #1 THIS WEEK ON THE COUNTDOWN ALSO?!

      NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      I HATE THIS COUNTDOWN!!!!!!

      Delete
    8. Oh boy. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...

      Delete
  48. #1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better

    One of YouTube critics' most hated songs of 2016, and I can see why. It's basically a failed attempt at trying to win a girl's heart. And don't forget the "Better Than He Can".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally thought it was decent. It wasn't special but it was okay.

      Delete
    2. Same here. But once people started to turn on it, I finally realized how mediocre it really was. Spectrum Pulse put it as his worst song of 2016.

      Delete
    3. Ouch. He really despised it that much?

      Delete
    4. Yep, as did most YouTube critics such as Todd In The Shadows, TheDoubleAgent, etc.

      Delete
    5. And I very much remember the "Better Than He Can". I remember last year listening to it for the first time with headphones on...just fine until that part was shouted into my ear. LOL.

      Delete
    6. And another YouTube critic, The Social Tune, said that it would be in contention for possibly the worst song of the entire decade if it weren't for Me Too.

      Delete
    7. Never heard of the The Social Tune before. I'll have to look him up. But wow, I didn't quite think it got that much hate. Not surprised about Me Too being his worst (and everybody's most hated song).

      Delete
    8. Oh, and don't forget Work From Home, one of Miles' most hated songs of 2016.

      Delete
  49. Hit-Bound Entrant: Walk The Moon - One Foot

    This is pretty darn good. Not quite as good as the most overplayed song, if you know what I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer Surrender better but this is pretty solid as well. If you haven't heard it already, I recommend you go check out Surrender.

      Delete