Thursday, October 26, 2017

Ed Sheeran (2) – Week Of October 21, 2017

Hey guys! So it has been confirmed that Justin Timberlake will be the next Super Bowl Halftime Performer. While I don't usually like repeats, I feel like Justin Timberlake knows how to put on a show. So I think he's a good choice. Despite what happened with him and Janet Jackson back in 2004, I do think he's a great performer and I think he'll do well. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.


  • Selena Gomez – Fetish (#34)
  • Panic! At The Disco – L.A. Devotee (#35)
  • Zedd/Liam Payne – Get Low (#39)

Last Week's #1 Song: Ed Sheeran – Galway Girl
The Countdown
45. Kygo/Selena Gomez – It Ain't Me (#44)
44. Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals – Back To You (#45)
43. The All-American Rejects – Sweat (#40)
42. MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low (#43)
41. Bruno Mars – That's What I Like (#42) [1 Week At #1]
40. Charlie Puth – Attention (#41) [1 Week At #1]
39. Ed Sheeran – Perfect (DEBUT)
38. Lady Gaga – The Cure (#38)
37. Harry Styles – Two Ghosts (#37)
36. Justin Bieber/BloodPop – Friends (#36)
35. Fergie/Nicki Minaj – You Already Know (DEBUT)
34. The Revivalists – Wish I Knew You (#27)
33. Logic/Alessia Cara/Khalid – 1-800-273-8255 (#17)
32. Evaride – Heartless (DEBUT)
31. Zedd/Alessia Cara – Stay (#28) [4 Weeks At #1]
30. Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You (#31) [9 Weeks At #1]
29. Camila Cabello – Havana (#26)
28. Linkin Park – One More Light (#29)
27. Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber – Despacito (#23)
26. Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes (#25)
25. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/watt – Let Me Go (#24)
24. Sam Hunt – Body Like A Back Road (#18)
23. Sabrina Carpenter – Why (#32)
22. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay – Something Just Like This (#10) [3 Weeks At #1]
21. The Script – Rain (#33)
20. Taylor Swift – ...Ready For It? (#22)
19. Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill (#21) [3 Weeks At #1]
18. Macklemore/Skylar Grey – Glorious (#14)
17. Kesha – Praying (#20)
16. Imagine Dragons – Believer (#15) [3 Weeks At #1]
15. Shawn Mendes – There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#9) [5 Weeks At #1]
14. Kelly Clarkson – Love So Soft (#16)
13. Charlie Puth – How Long (#30)
12. P!nk – What About Us (#7)
11. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato – No Promises (#19)
10. Maroon 5/SZA – What Lovers Do (#13)
  9. Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do (#12)
  8. Halsey – Bad At Love (#8)
  7. Niall Horan – Slow Hands (#5) [3 Weeks At #1]
  6. Mono Mind – Save Me A Place (Bridge & Mountain Remix) (#6)
  5. Portugal. The Man – Feel It Still (#11)
  4. Liam Payne – Strip That Down (#2) [2 Weeks At #1]
  3. Imagine Dragons – Thunder (#3)
  2. Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry (#4)
  1. Ed Sheeran – Galway Girl (#1) [2nd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Twenty One Pilots – Heathens

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Logic/Alessia Cara/Khalid – 1-800-273-8255 (–16)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Charlie Puth – How Long (+17)

New Entrants
~ Hits 1 just can't get enough of Ed Sheeran. He brings his fourth song on the countdown this week, Perfect, which as far as I know is the first time (at least in a while) that an artist has more than three songs on the countdown at one time. But anyway, this song is fantastic. It's a beautiful love song that really highlights Ed Sheeran's talent not only as a songwriter, but as a vocalist as well. I can see this as a great song for the start of a relationship. Then Thinking Out Loud would be a great choice when things get a bit more serious and you've spent a lot of time together. I have no doubt that Perfect will do well on the countdown, especially since it's a pretty big hit right now.

~ Next we have Fergie with You Already Know featuring Nicki Minaj. I much preferred Fergie when she was in The Black Eyed Peas. Her solo music is not that great (at least the recent stuff). This song actually took several listens for me to really enjoy it and even now, I consider it to be a little bit of a guilty pleasure. Nicki Minaj's verse is easily the best part of the song. If you were to take that out, the song would be almost nothing. So that's kind of what's keeping it in green right now. It's definitely a strange song overall. The one thing I can give it though is that it isn't as big of a mess as M.I.L.F.$. I don't see this song doing very well here and frankly, I don't really care too much. It's one of those songs that's kind of just there.

~ Finally, we have Evaride with Heartless. I've been really enjoying this song for the past couple of days. It has this pop-rock feel that I really like. The lyrical content is good. Their vocals shine very nicely. All in all, it's a really good song and I'm glad it was able to make its debut here. Here's to hoping it does well.


Hit-Bound
~ Here is the Hit-Bound list:


  • Lauv – I Like Me Better
  • Harry Styles – Kiwi (DEBUT)
  • Dua Lipa – New Rules
  • Macklemore/Kesha – Good Old Days (DEBUT)
  • X Ambassadors – Ahead of Myself
  • Liam Payne – Bedroom Floor (DEBUT)
  • Zayn/Sia – Dusk Till Dawn
  • Imagine Dragons – Whatever It Takes (DEBUT)
  • Post Malone/21 Savage – Rockstar
  • Niall Horan – Too Much To Ask
  • Bruno Mars – Chunky
  • The Shadowboxers – Hot Damn (DEBUT)
  • Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line – Meant To Be
  • Nick Jonas – Find You

~ First up, we have Harry Styles with Kiwi. As I've said before, I really like this style of music he's chosen. I think it works very well for him. Kiwi is definitely an enjoyable song and, in my opinion, better than Two Ghosts. It has more to it.

~ I don't think Good Old Days is as good as Glorious. But it does have great lyrical content and Kesha sounds great in the chorus. But I think the lyrics are what stand out the most and it's songs like this that remind me why I love Macklemore. I really do hope this one debuts.

~ Bedroom Floor is definitely better than Strip That Down in terms of the production. The lyrics are still as uninteresting as before. Liam's falsetto isn't bad, but I don't think it should be taking up such a large portion of the song. Overall, it's not the worst thing I've ever heard. It's better than Strip That Down and Get Low, so that's something. But it's not something I want to see become a hit.

~ Now this is what I want to hear from Imagine Dragons. Whatever It Takes is definitely one of the best songs off of Evolve and I'm so happy it's the next single. I love the way it starts and it has a great chorus to it. It makes songs like Thunder look mediocre (I still like it though). I'll talk more about it when it debuts, but this is definitely something I'm enjoying right now.

~ The Shadowboxers – Hot Damn is enjoyable in a way. It does seem a little underwhelming in certain parts. But I was able to get into the majority of it. It's in green right now, but it could possibly change to blue just because it's not exactly a great song. But who knows? My opinion could change with more listens.

~ We lost two songs this week: Why Don't We – Something Different and PRETTYMUCH – Would You Mind. The latter I never really cared for. But I'm a little disappointed by the former. With time and more listens, it actually became a good song. It would've been nice to see it on the countdown.


Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. Imagine Dragons – Whatever It Takes
2. Macklemore/Kesha – Good Old Days
3. X Ambassadors – Ahead Of Myself
4. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line – Meant To Be
5. Niall Horan – Too Much To Ask


Blurbless
~ Not very much happened with the Top 5 except for the jump from Portugal. The Man – Feel It Still. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing this as a future #1 song. It'd be nice to have an alternative song that's not from Imagine Dragons make it to the top of the countdown.

~ Aside from Feel It Still, we welcome What Lovers Do into the Top 10 as well as welcoming back Look What You Made Me Do into the Top 10. I can accept both even though Look What You Made Me Do is fading on me. But it's fine for now as long as it doesn't get any higher.

~ Charlie Puth – How Long took a pretty big jump this week. It has definitely gotten better after listening to it several more times. And I really enjoyed that music video. That aside, very good song.

~ After having spent a very long time in the Top 10, Shawn Mendes – There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back has finally dropped out and allowed another song to take its place. Don't get me wrong. I still like the song. But I think it's about time to let another song have a place in the Top 10.

~ The Script – Rain had a nice recovery jump this week after having dropped last week. Hopefully this means it'll stay for a little while. It's not exactly one of the biggest hits right now, but it's nice when we can get some songs that are more adult contemporary (like songs you'd hear on SiriusXM The Pulse). Besides, The Script used to be pretty successful on more mainstream charts. That shouldn't just end all of a sudden. They're still a good band.

~ The Chainsmokers/Coldplay – Something Just Like This took a little bit of a drop out of the Top 20. Frankly, I'm just happy that it was successful. It had a very run and spent quite a while in the Top 10. So I'm happy with that.

~ Camila Cabello – Havana continues to slowly drop. I'm not too surprised since her last song didn't do very well here. I wouldn't be too disappointed if this one flopped. But I also wouldn't mind if it did well.

~ I'm not too happy about the drop from 1-800-273-8255. But I shouldn't be surprised because Hits 1 always underrates really good songs. Like I always say, at least it was here.

~ As far as the exits go, L.A. Devotee was starting to fade on me. But I did really enjoy it while it was here. Good riddance to both Fetish and Get Low. Thankfully neither of them lasted long and they both did nothing but drop. 


Top 20 Review
0 – Crap:
20. Liam Payne – Strip That Down

1 – Bad:
19. Kelly Clarkson – Love So Soft
18. Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry

2 – Mediocre:
NONE

3 – Decent:
17. Imagine Dragons – Believer

4 – Good:
16. Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do

5 – Great:
15. Shawn Mendes – There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
14. Halsey – Bad At Love
13. Niall Horan – Slow Hands
12. Ed Sheeran – Galway Girl
11. Taylor Swift – ...Ready For It?
10. Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill
9. Maroon 5/SZA – What Lovers Do
8. Charlie Puth – How Long
7. Imagine Dragons – Thunder
6. Portugal. The Man – Feel It Still
5. Kesha – Praying
4. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato – No Promises
3. P!nk – What About Us
2. Macklemore/Skylar Grey – Glorious

BONUS: 6 – Best Song On The Countdown:
1. Mono Mind – Save Me A Place

Total Score: 85/100 = 85% (B)


Throwback Pick Of The Week: Katy Perry – Teenage Dream (since it was her birthday yesterday)

Most Missed Countdown Song: Rachel Platten – Stand By You

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Kygo/The Night Game – Kids In Love

Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: Coldplay/Beyoncé – Hymn For The Weekend


My Top 5 Picks
1. Mono Mind – Save Me A Place
2. Macklemore/Skylar Grey – Glorious
3. Logic/Alessia Cara/Khalid – 1-800-273-8255
4. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/F.G.L./watt – Let Me Go
5. P!nk – What About Us

208 comments:

  1. First!

    That most missed pick. To make it simple, Stand By You is basically everything I love about Rachel Platten, period. Also, that throwback pick. Yeah, I still love it to this day, and it's easily Katy Perry's best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I just read your post with your Top 10 Songs of 2016 and I was pleased to see Stand By You at #1. It is a really good song. The vocals, the production, the chorus, the lyrics. Everything about it is just great. :)

      And yeah. Teenage Dream is one of my favorites from Katy Perry as well.

      Delete
  2. Just a question: besides the debuts on Hit-Bound, what are your thoughts on some of these songs outside of Hits 1?

    Olivia Holt - Generous
    Daya - New
    Taylor Swift - Gorgeous
    Fifth Harmony - He Like That
    Lorde - Homemade Dynamite
    Calvin Harris featuring Kehlani and Lil Yatchy - Faking It
    Blackbear - Do Re Mi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait a minute Adrian...

    Why is I Like Me Better in red?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not him, but if I were to guess, I think he just finds I Like Me Better too underwhelming.

      Delete
    2. When will I Like Me Better debut the countdown?

      Delete
  4. Nice post! I think The Shadowboxers - Hot Damn in a way reminds me of The 1975 - The Sound. I am starting to grow out of Galway Girl. It just is not that appealing anymore. Why Don´t We - Something Different was a great song and it saddened me that it left. PRETTYMUCH - Would You Mind is decent as well. One more thing, why do you suddenly hate Lauv - I Like Me Better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrian doesn’t hate I Like Me Better. He just finds this song too underwhelming.

      Delete
  5. What are you thoughts on these songs?

    Why Don´t We - These Girls
    Why Don´t We - Invitation
    PRETTYMUCH - Teacher
    Cheat Codes featurng Fetty Wap & CVBZ - Feels Great
    Maroon 5 featuring Julia Michaels - Help Me Out
    Maroon 5 featuring A$AP Rocky - Whiskey
    DJ Snake featuring Lauv - A Different Way

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not Adrian, but these are my opinions on the songs:

    Generous (8/10)
    New (8.5/10)
    Gorgeous (9/10)
    He Like That (7/10)
    Homemade Dynamite (10/10)
    Faking It (9.5/10)
    Do Re Mi (5/10)
    Feels Great (8.5/10)
    Help Me Out (9.5/10)
    A Different Way (7/10)

    Haven't heard the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Actually, Kiwi, Too Much To Ask and Bedroom Floor are all debuting the countdown this week.

      Delete
  8. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIft-t-MQuE

    The music video for RFI was released, which I think officially makes this the official 2nd single.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What are your weekend countdown predictions for 10/28/17?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exits:
      Shape Of You
      The Cure
      It Ain’t Me

      Entrants:
      Kiwi
      Too Much To Ask
      Bedroom Floor

      #1: Thunder

      Biggest Drop: Castle On The Hill

      Biggest Jump: Heartless

      Hit Bound Entrants:
      Beautiful Trauma
      He Like That
      New

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Just kidding. Real HitBound Entrants:
      He Like That
      New
      Wolves

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  10. My weekend countdown predictions for 10/28/17:
    Exits:
    None

    Entrants:
    None

    #1: Thunder

    Biggest Drop: Castle On The Hill

    Biggest Jump: You Already Know

    Hit Bound Entrants:
    None

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not gonna happen, The Cure, Shape of You, and Back to You will leave this week. And Kiwi, Too Much to Ask and Bedroom Floor will all debut this week.

      Delete
    2. Wait a minute, Shape of You isn't leaving this week.

      Delete
    3. And Sorry Not Sorry will be #1 this week, not Thunder.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    5. DON’T DELETE ATR’S COMMENT.

      Delete
    6. Guys, we don't know if Sorry Not Sorry is going to hit #1 this week. You all need to chill.

      And ATR, please don't overreact.

      Delete
    7. He’s not going to overreact.

      Delete
    8. Wait a minute, I was right Kiwi, Bedroom Floor, and Too Much to Ask aren't debuting the countdown this week. So no new entrants this week on the countdown.

      Delete
  11. Wow, the verses in Save Me A Place suck, especially the guys vocals. It's like an overload of auto-tune and so many other vocal effects, to the point he sounds robotic. The chorus is easily the bets part, and the production is good, but this guy's voice is fucking awful though. It totally ruins the song for me. I'll stick to the chorus, thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, I'm guessing this song is more in the blue/red for you? (If you were doing blog posts)

      Delete
    2. I agree with Miles. Besides the verses, it's a good song.

      Delete
    3. Well considering that his "name" is Dr. Robot, I'm pretty sure this was done on purpose.

      Delete
    4. One of the members of Mono Mind. Were you not paying attention to the rest of the conversation?

      Delete
  12. Morning, folks! Working on my American Top 40 post, but I've got some VERY GOOD news for you all (gap for spoilers):














































































    LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO IS #1!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Adrian, please don’t delete ATR’s comment.

      Delete
    4. ^He’s explained the issue with these comments and how they make it aggravating to scroll through the comments.

      Delete
    5. Anonymous, Adrian can delete ATR's comment.

      Delete
    6. Never mind, Adrian. ATR deleted his comment.

      Delete
  13. And EVEN MORE GOOD NEWS: Rachel Platten just released a new album at midnight, titled Waves!

    ReplyDelete
  14. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Sam Smith - Burning

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. New AT40 post is finally out!

    http://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2017/10/at40-taylor-swift-1-week-of-october-28.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. And just a heads up: The Weekend Countdown post will be delayed a bit since I'm pretty busy all weekend with friends and family. Plus, I have to work Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, it’s Wamb10, I have to comment as Anonymous because they won’t let me post my comments using my google account again.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I’m gonna be using the new Google Hangouts to comment the countdown. Just letting you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He made a Google Hangouts conversation to talk about music. I can add you if you want. I am commenting the countdown on there.

      Delete
  20. Hey guys, I'm your host Chasetronaut in the House. Here is the real weekend countdown.

    Exits:
    NONE

    Entrants:
    NONE

    #45 Back to You
    #44 Sweat
    #43 It Ain't Me
    #42 Lights Down Low
    #41 That's What I Like
    #40 Attention
    #39 Shape of You

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good News Guys!!!

    I'm hearing What About Us at Most WutchuWanted this week.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Chase if you want me to add you to our conversation on Google Hangouts reply with your email.

    ReplyDelete
  24. #28. Despacito (Remix)
    #27. Too Good at Goodbyes

    ReplyDelete
  25. Chase I meant put your email in the reply.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Replies
    1. One More Light was jumping? Yes!

      Oh wait... I thought Chester Bennington has died 3 months ago. Right Leah?

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. No, please don’t do it. He didn’t ask Leah about her icon so you can’t do it.

      Delete
    4. Um, Leah? When are you going to comment here again?

      Delete
  27. What’s the whole countdown?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll get to it as soon as I can, just be patient, Anonymous.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  28. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TNHMB back in the Top 10? Why?

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Just kidding, it had a huge drop this week.

      Delete
  29. Top 5 entrant:
    Look What You Made Me Do

    ReplyDelete
  30. Replies
    1. ������

      -Remy

      Delete
    2. Whaaaaaaaaaa Remy is here again?! That's cool!

      Delete
    3. I highly doubt that, she had a Google account and some anonymous person is probably trolling us.

      Delete
  31. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrian, delete this comment, it's way too big a gap.

      Delete
    2. Excuse me, Miles. Adrian, cannot delete my comment because I like it that way.

      Delete
  32. 45. Louis Tomlinson/BeBe Rexha - Back to You
    44. The All-American Rejects - Sweat
    43. Selena Gomez & KYGO - It Ain't Me
    42. MAX/gnash - Lights Down Low
    41. Bruno Mars - TWIL
    40. Charlie Puth - Attention
    39. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
    38. Justin Bieber & BloodPop - Friends
    37. The Revivalists - WIKY
    36. Lady GaGa - The Cure
    35. Harry Styles - Two Ghosts
    34. ZEDD & Alessia Cara - Stay
    33. The Script - Rain
    32. Evaride - Heartless
    31. The Chainsmokers & COLDPLAY - SJLT
    30. Ed Sheeran - Perfect
    29. Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito (Remix)
    28. Sam Smith - TGAG
    27. Fergie/Nicki Minaj - You Already Know
    26. Shawn Mendes - THNMB
    25. Sam Hunt - BLABR
    24. Logic/Alessia Cara/Khalid - 1-800-273-8255
    23. Sabrina Carpenter - Why
    22. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises
    21. LINKIN PARK - One More Light
    20. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/Florida Georgia Line & watt - Let Me Go
    19. Ed Sheeran - COTH
    18. Mono Mind - Save Me a Place (Bridge & Mountain Remix)
    17. Charlie Puth - How Long?
    16. Camila Cabello - Havana
    15. Kesha - Praying
    14. MAROON 5/SZA - What Lovers Do
    13. Taylor Swift - ...Ready for It?
    12. Imagine Dragons - Believer
    11. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft
    10. Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious
    9. P!NK - What About Us
    8. HALSEY - Bad at Love
    7. Niall Horan - Slow Hands
    6. Portugal. The Man - Feel it Still
    5. Taylor Swift - LWYMMD
    4. Liam Payne - Strip That Down
    3. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl
    2. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
    1. Imagine Dragons - Thunder [1st Week @ #1!!!!!!!!!!]


    #1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: The Chainsmokers/HALSEY - Closer

    ReplyDelete
  33. Here it is guys:

    https://huntingtonupdates.blogspot.com/2017/10/imagine-dragons-1-week-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  34. Montavis, why is your post going to be delayed??? Because you are very busy???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, very busy right now. I'm actually at work. I'll have the countdown out tomorrow.

      Delete
  35. HitBound was the same as last week.

    ReplyDelete
  36. This week's #1 on my personal chart is...Havana!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Here it is, ladies & gents! Countdown post is out!

    http://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2017/10/imagine-dragons-1-week-of-october-28.html

    ReplyDelete
  38. My countdown post is out!

    http://sxmhits1weekendcountdownblog.blogspot.com/2017/10/imagine-dragons-1-week-of-october-28.html

    ReplyDelete
  39. WORLD PREMIERE:

    Migos, Nicki Minaj & Cardi B - MotorSport

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wolves might debut #1 on Billboard Hot 100 this week.

    ReplyDelete
  41. #1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Kane Brown/Lauren Alaina - What Ifs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s a country song. Just mocking you.

      Delete
    2. Actually, that country song hit the Top 30 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart so it will be on Hits 1 soon.

      Delete
    3. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: TWICE - LIKEY

      Delete
  42. Replies
    1. The comment section is so silent that crickets are chirping.

      http://hiits1weekendcountdown.blogspot.com/2015/12/scrub-chronicles-billboard-hot-100.html?showComment=1450326841149#c1971012829772439758

      Delete
  43. This place is so dead

    ReplyDelete
  44. Billboard Hot 100 predictions:
    1. rockstar
    2. 1-800-273-8255
    3. Feel it Still
    4. Thunder
    5. Bodak Yellow (Money Moves)
    6. Gorgeous (DEBUT)
    7. Mi Gente
    8. Sorry Not Sorry
    9. Motor Sport (DEBUT)
    10. Too Good at Goodbyes
    11. Look What You Made Me Do
    29. Bedroom Floor (DEBUT)

    I don't know the rest of the predictions.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Pretty quiet in the comments section, huh? Well, allow me to fix it, shall we?

    Here's the Billboard Hot 100 this week (gap for spoilers):






















    1. Rockstar by Post Malone (3rd Week at #1) [=] (Dang it, North America)
    2. Bodak Yellow (Money Moves) by Cardi B. [=] [Spent 3 Weeks At #1]
    3. 1-800-273-8255 by Logic featuring Alessia Cara and Khalid [=]
    4. Feel It Still by Portugal. The Man [=]
    5. Thunder by Imagine Dragons [=]
    6. Sorry Not Sorry by Demi Lovato [+1]
    7. Havana by Camila Cabello featuring Young Thug [+13]
    8. Mi Gente by J. Balvin featuring Willy William and Beyoncé [-2] (Leave or I'm gonna lose it!)
    9. Too Good At Goodbyes by Sam Smith [-1]
    10. Perfect by Ed Sheeran [+8]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The billboard Hot 100 is as inactive as this comment section

      Delete
    2. I'm definitely happy to see Perfect there. Easily my new favorite song in the Top 10. Sadly, it looks like it's gonna miss the year-end list by a hair. =( There is still the chance that it could get extremely lucky, but given its weak streaming presence, I doubt it. But it'll be a lock for next year's, so there's that.

      Delete
    3. If I'm going to be honest, 2017 is one of the most inactive years in music. Just look at summer. Despacito only got 16 weeks because there were no other songs to challenge it. Wild Thoughts was definitely not a challenger. Finally, when it got dethroned, so far only three songs hit #1 after (LWYMMD, Bodak Yellow, and rockstar). the taste of music we got was not as good. Sure there were good songs, but none stood out. That's all I have to say...

      Delete
    4. @RedDog: Not to mention all the low peaking songs that’ll be on the Year-End list (No Promises, Drowning, etcetera).

      Delete
    5. Montavis: It's not North America's fault, it's just America.

      RedDog: Yeah, 16 weeks, which is the longest since One Sweet Day achieved the same feat in 1996.

      Delete
    6. RedDog: Yeah I didn´t like this year at all.

      Delete
    7. Miles: You know, America implies South America also. Or are you too stupid to know where that is?

      Delete
    8. I'm talking about America as in the United States, you dumbass.

      Delete
    9. “Or are you too stupid to know where that is?“

      One thing isn’t for SURE: I am not.

      Delete
    10. Gelography, please stop copying Anonymous.

      Delete
  46. It's because matthew made a new comment hangout. Filtering 2/3 of the comments here

    ReplyDelete
  47. Some news: Tell Me You Love Me (the title track) will be Demi Lovato's next single, impacting radio on November 7.

    ReplyDelete
  48. US Projections for #1 on Billboard 200, Big K.R.I.T.'s "4eva Is a Mighty Long Time", but Kenny Chesney's "Live with No Shoes Nation" might win US Sales Race.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like those albums weren't soft enough, because I'd be surprised if Meaning of Life wasn't #1.

      Delete
    2. http://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200

      Billboard 200 Album chart

      1. Flicker- Niall Horan
      2. Super Slimy- Future & Young Thug
      3. Beautiful Trauma- P!nk
      4. Stony- Post Malone
      5. Losing Sleep- Chris Young
      6. Mr Davis- Gucci Mane
      7. Divide- Ed Sheeran
      8. When Was The Last Time- Darius Rucker
      9. Luv Is 2 Rage- Lil Uzi Vert
      10. Tell Me You Love Me- Demi Lovato

      Delete
    3. I was talking about next week.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. No I was talking to Miles.

      Delete
  49. Great news guys!!! I'm hearing Perfect as Most WutchuWanted this week.

    ReplyDelete
  50. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Kenny Chesney/Taylor Swift - Big Star

    ReplyDelete
  51. Wow Look What You Made Me Do is basically bleeding hard already down to 25

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I heard. How very disappointing. It's a shame that one won't be as big as Closer.

      Delete
  52. Either way, I'm not thrilled that we let Post Malone spend another week at the top. Blech. Seriously, guys. Why can't we have an artist like Rachel Platten blow up for once? Or Lorde? Maybe Carly Rae Jepsen, perhaps? Heck, I'll even take Meghan Trainor's music for once (even though it's not that good). Just get someone to dethrone Rockstar already, PLEASE?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like the songs currently sitting at #3, #5, #4, or #10 at the top. But Lorde and Platten are good. Sadly for you, I still do like rockstar. Sorry.

      Delete
    2. I think Feel It Still might dethrone rockstar next week.

      Delete
    3. Miles: I hope so. That one has a chance. In fact, it's been gaining a lot of steam lately.

      Delete
  53. I can’t do T35 today so here are the new entrants:

    Gorgeous
    Let me go
    Meant to be
    Lights down low
    Whoever is in hangouts with Matthew please show this message

    ReplyDelete
  54. A new radio chart post is out.
    http://countdownguyblog.blogspot.com/2017/10/portugal-man-2-prc-october-27-2017.html

    ReplyDelete
  55. Note that there is no YT15 on the post.

    http://hits1weekendcountdownmusic.blogspot.com/2017/10/hitbound-yt15-10282017.html

    ReplyDelete
  56. WORLD PREMIERE NEW MUSIC ALERT:
    N.E.R.D. & Rihanna - Lemon

    ReplyDelete
  57. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kEjirJeV6So

    I didn’t know Charlie Puth was such a loser before his good quality stuff came out. (We Don’t Talk Anymore, How Long, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  58. This is really going to be serious, so here are the songs that are available for vote on Hits 1 this week:

    Selena Gomez x marshmello - Wolves
    Taylor Swift - Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  59. Early Predictions:

    Exits:
    Back to You
    Sweat

    Entrants:
    I Like Me Better
    Good Old Days

    #1: Thunder [2dn Week @ #1]

    HitBound Entrants:
    Gorgeous
    Wolves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exits:
      Same

      Entrants:
      New Rules
      Too Much To Ask

      Top 5:
      5. Galway Girl
      4. Feel It Still
      3. Strip That Down
      2. Sorry Not Sorry
      1. Thunder (2nd Week @ #1)

      Biggest Drop: Save Me A Place (at least -10)

      Biggest Jump: Heartless (+12 or more)

      HB Entrants:
      Wolves
      Gorgeous

      Delete
    2. Not gonna happen, Perfect will jump into the Top 5 this week!!! AND Strip That Down will fall off the Top 5 this week.

      Delete
  60. Right now I’m watching the World Series.

    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. For me, I'll be pulling for the Astros to win.

      Delete
    2. Yes go Astros! It does look like they'll win.

      Delete
    3. They're like the Cubs of 2017 in a way.

      Delete
    4. Wasn't much of a baseball fan. I'm watching the celtics game against the kings. But, if I were going to choose, I would choose Astros.

      Delete
    5. Oh man, this game is going quite good for Houston, final inning, will they pull it out?!

      Delete
    6. THE ASTROS WON THE WORLD SERIES!!!

      Delete
  61. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  62. On the American Top 40 this week (Gap for spoilers):













    Too Much To Ask by Niall Horan is the only breakout this week.

    Here are the list of Optional Extras so far (Again, gap for spoilers):



















    I Don't Wanna Live Forever by ZAYN featuring Taylor Swift
    Mercy by Shawn Mendes
    Same Old Love by Selena Gomez
    When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars

    ReplyDelete
  63. Am revealing the #1 of #1 for T35 right now!

    ReplyDelete