Monday, September 4, 2017

Niall Horan (1) – Week Of September 2, 2017

Wow. We are already in September. It feels like 2017 has really been flying by. It's crazy. Anyway, the countdown this week was pretty good for the most part. I hope everyone had a great Labor Day. There's not much else I have to say. So let's just get right into things. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.


  • James Arthur – Say You Won't Let Go (#29)
  • DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper – I'm The One (#41)
  • Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd – Starving (#42) [4 Weeks At #1]
  • Childish Gambino – Redbone (#43)

Last Week's #1 Song: Charlie Puth – Attention
The Countdown
45. Selena Gomez – Bad Liar (#40)
44. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson – Just Hold On (#45)
43. Julia Michaels – Issues (#44)
42. Bruno Mars – That's What I Like (#34) [1 Week At #1]
41. Train – Play That Song (#37)
40. DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller – Wild Thoughts (#30)
39. Lady Gaga – The Cure (#38)
38. The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer (#39) [8 Weeks At #1]
37. Linkin Park/Kiiara – Heavy (#27)
36. Halsey – Now Or Never (#32)
35. Shawn Mendes – Mercy (#35)
34. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato – No Promises (DEBUT)
33. Julia Michaels – Uh Huh (#31)
32. Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber – Despacito (#21)
31. Ed Sheeran – Galway Girl (DEBUT)
30. Bruno Mars/David Guetta – Versace On The Floor (#18)
29. Panic! At The Disco – L.A. Devotee (#11)
28. Kygo/Selena Gomez – It Ain't Me (#23)
27. AJR – Weak (#26)
26. Imagine Dragons – Thunder (#33)
25. Hey Violet – Hoodie (#28)
24. The Chainsmokers – Honest (#25)
23. Kesha – Praying (#20)
22. Calvin Harris/Pharrell/Katy Perry – Feels (#16)
21. Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You (#13) [9 Weeks At #1]
20. Macklemore/Skylar Grey – Glorious (#36)
19. Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals – Back To You (#19)
18. Mono Mind – Save Me A Place (DEBUT)
17. P!nk – What About Us (#22)
16. Fall Out Boy – Champion (#15)
15. MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low (#24)
14. All Time Low – Good Times (#17)
13. Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do (DEBUT)
12. Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry (#14)
11. Hailee Steinfeld – Most Girls (#12)
10. Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill (#6) [3 Weeks At #1]
  9. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay – Something Just Like This (#8) [3 Weeks At #1]
  8. Imagine Dragons – Believer (#2)
  7. Zedd/Alessia Cara – Stay (#10) [4 Weeks At #1]
  6. Charlie Puth – Attention (#1) [1 Week At #1]
  5. Linkin Park – One More Light (#9)
  4. Shawn Mendes – There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#3) [4 Weeks At #1]
  3. Sam Hunt – Body Like A Back Road (#4)
  2. Liam Payne – Strip That Down (#5)
  1. Niall Horan – Slow Hands (#7) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Justin Timberlake – Can't Stop The Feeling

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Panic! At The Disco – L.A. Devotee (–18)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Macklemore/Skylar Grey – Glorious (+16)

New Entrants
~ I'm surprised Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato – No Promises managed to debut so quickly. I still think it's a good song even though it's been around for quite a while now. Both vocalists sound really good together. I like the production. The best part is probably the final chorus when we get to hear both of their voices blended together with the build-up in the background leading to the final drop. It's not an amazing song by any means. But I can appreciate it for what it is. One thing's for sure, it's better than Sorry Not Sorry.

~ Next we have Ed Sheeran debuting with Galway Girl. This is definitely a little bit of a different sound for him. It has this really cool folk vibe to it that's something I can definitely get into. Ed Sheeran really shows off what he's capable of vocally. I like the lyrical content. All in all, it's a really good song. My only complaint is that it's too short. But that aside, it's a great song and I hope it does well.

~ Being one of the two debuts in the Top 20, we have Mono Mind – Save Me A Place. I don't think words can explain how much I love this song. It has this awesome electronic vibe that catches my attention from the very start. I've never heard anything quite like this. I love the beat. The electronic effect on the vocals in the verses sound really cool. I love the way the female vocalist, who sounds a little bit like Ellie Goulding, comes in for the chorus followed by the whispering of "That's where I want to be." The production on this track is exceptional. Overall, I think it's a fantastic song that deserves this kind of recognition. For me, this is my favorite debut of the week. Hopefully it does well. But I don't think it'll have a problem with that after having debuted all the way up at #18.

~ Finally, we have the return of Taylor Swift all the way up at #13 with Look What You Made Me Do. I'll admit, I was pretty split on this at first listen. I didn't exactly get into it until the second and third listens. But even then, it's still not an amazing song. I've seen a lot of mixed reviews and I can 100% understand why someone might dislike this song because I'm 50/50 here. It has a good vibe. I like how it's a little darker than all her other songs. I love the pre-chorus. But the actual chorus seems a little underwhelming to me. It's very repetitive and there's no actual singing. It's probably the weakest out of all of her lead singles. The best part is the final build-up with the phone conversation where she says the old Taylor is dead. Overall, it really is not that great of a song. But there's just something about it that gets me hooked into it. I can't really explain it. It's catchy, but there's something about it that makes it appealing despite it being a very weak track. So I guess you could say I like this in more of a guilty pleasure kind of way. But it's one of those songs where I know I'm going to get sick of it pretty quickly. Hits 1 is obviously going to overplay it, so I guess I'll just have to live with it.

Oh and as far as the music video goes, the best part is easily the end.


Hit-Bound
Here is the Hit-Bound list:


  • The All-American Rejects – Sweat
  • Halsey – Bad At Love
  • Rita Ora – Your Song
  • Selena Gomez – Fetish
  • Portugal. The Man – Feel It Still
  • Sabrina Carpenter – Why
  • Zedd/Liam Payne – Get Low
  • Andy Grammer – Give Love
  • Evaride – Heartless (DEBUT)
  • Maroon 5/SZA – What Lovers Do (DEBUT)
  • Justin Bieber/BloodPop – Friends
  • Harry Styles – Two Ghosts
  • PRETTYMUCH – Would You Mind

~ Maroon 5 are back. Normally, I would be excited about this. But they're music has been seriously going downhill lately. What Lovers Do is honestly just boring in my opinion. It doesn't have the same kind of energy as some of their older hits like Wake Up Call. Also, we really don't need to hear Adam Levine's falsetto for an entire chorus. It doesn't fit nor does it sound good. This band used to be one of my favorites. But if they keep releasing this kind of music, that'll keep bumping them down.

~ Next we have Evaride with Heartless. This is definitely something I can get into. It brings a lot more energy than What Lovers Do. The vocals sound good. I really like the chorus. All in all, it's a cool song. I hope it debuts soon.


Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. The All-American Rejects – Sweat
2. Evaride – Heartless
3. Justin Bieber/BloodPop – Friends
4. Harry Styles – Two Ghosts
5. Halsey – Bad At Love


Throwback Summer Hits
~ As part of the Labor Day edition of the Weekend Countdown, we had some summer throwbacks thrown into the countdown in between songs. Here is the list of all the songs included.


  • 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect
  • Ariana Grande – Dangerous Woman
  • B.o.B/Hayley Williams – Airplanes
  • Carly Rae Jepsen – Call Me Maybe
  • Charli XCX – Boom Clap
  • Demi Lovato – Cool For The Summer
  • Ellie Goulding – Love Me Like You Do
  • Eminem/Rihanna – Love The Way You Lie
  • Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up)
  • Florida Georgia Line – Cruise
  • fun./Janelle Monáe – We Are Young
  • Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy
  • Katy Perry – California Gurls
  • Katy Perry – Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)
  • LMFAO – Party Rock Anthem
  • Macklemore & Ryan Lewis/Ray Dalton – Can't Hold Us
  • Magic! – Rude
  • Maroon 5 – Love Somebody
  • Maroon 5 – Payphone
  • Mike Posner/SeeB – I Took A Pill In Ibiza
  • Miley Cyrus – Party In The U.S.A.
  • Omi – Cheerleader
  • One Direction – What Makes You Beautiful
  • Pitbull/Ne-Yo/Afrojack/Nayer – Give Me Everything
  • Robin Thicke/Pharrell/T.I. – Blurred Lines
  • Sia/Sean Paul – Cheap Thrills
  • Taylor Swift – Bad Blood
  • Twenty One Pilots – Ride
  • Walk The Moon – Shut Up and Dance
  • Wiz Khalifa/Charlie Puth – See You Again

~ This list is fine for the most part. I personally would've preferred to see more older songs and less songs from the past two years.

~ It's hard to listen to Maroon 5's new single after listening to Payphone and Love Somebody, two songs that were enjoyable even if they weren't Maroon 5's best work.

~ Of course Blurred Lines is here. But I'm a little surprised Imagine Dragons – Radioactive didn't make it on considering that it was pretty much Hits 1's Song of the Summer for 2013.

~ As I said in the Independence Day edition of the countdown, I love hearing the 2012 hits again, including Call Me Maybe, Payphone, We Are Young, and What Makes You Beautiful.

~ On that post, I also said I don't think See You Again can really qualify as a summer throwback (even though it was a hit in the summer). I still stand by that because it's not the kind of song you'd want to be blasting in your car. However, songs like Party In The U.S.A., Party Rock Anthem, and Shut Up and Dance are a different story.

~ I'm glad to see that Airplanes made it on the list of throwbacks yet again. I still think it's a fantastic song. With B.o.B's catchy verses and Hayley William's memorable chorus, it stands out as one of my favorite songs of 2010.

~ Along with Airplanes, we also have Love The Way You Lie on here, which was another massive favorite of mine back in 2010. I said that this song is my personal favorite of all-time and I stand by that decision. This is the kind of rap music I like. Excellent production, good lyrical content, fantastic guest vocalist for the chorus, and overall great presentation. This is what I like to hear. Not the crappy rap music nowadays with trap beats that all sound the same and meaningless lyrics. Kudos to Eminem for really setting an example for other rappers. And Rihanna just shines like a diamond on this track.


Top 5 Summer Throwback Picks
1. Eminem/Rihanna – Love The Way You Lie
2. B.o.B/Hayley Williams – Airplanes
3. Carly Rae Jepsen – Call Me Maybe
4. Maroon 5 – Payphone
5. Pitbull/Ne-Yo/Afrojack/Nayer – Give Me Everything


Save Me A Blurb
~ So Charlie Puth clearly couldn't handle being #1 for a second week, so Niall is now at the top. This constant changing of #1 songs does nothing but make me a little bit anxious as Liam Payne is not that far from the top. But thinking realistically, Taylor Swift will be at the top either next week or the week after. Then I'm sure it'll stay there long enough for Strip That Down to start to make its way down. So really, we only need to hold that song away from the top for one more week (maybe two, but I doubt it). Let's hope Niall has it in him to hold out for another week before Taylor comes in hot.

~ I can't help but notice Body Like A Back Road sitting at #3. And I just realized that this is his highest peaking song. Good to know North America enjoys listening to mediocre country music as opposed to artists like Carrie Underwood.

~ I'm very pleased with the jump from Macklemore/Skylar Grey – Glorious. It's been getting better with each listen and I'm glad to see that it's doing well here. Hopefully it can keep this up and not turn into the next Wild Thoughts.

~ I really shouldn't be surprised to see Despacito outside of the Top 30. It's like Hits 1 is purposely underrating the biggest songs in the country. First I'm The One, then Wild Thoughts, and now this. Their tagline, "The 45 biggest songs in North America," gets more questionable every time something like this happens.

~ Not much else really went on. Play That Song is in the Bottom 5 showing signs of a potential departure in the near future. And thankfully, Bad Liar fell to the very bottom of the countdown.

~ As far as our exits go, Redbone deserved to leave. I'm The One was pretty underrated, but it wasn't that amazing to begin with. Say You Won't Let Go lasted much longer than I thought it would. But at the same time, it left pretty early. I expected it to hang around in the Bottom 15 for a longer period of time. Finally, the departure of Starving was long overdue. I understand if songs like Closer stay this long. But Starving was never as big of a hit outside of this station. All I have to say is that it's about damn time.


Top 20 Review
0 – Crap:
20. Liam Payne – Strip That Down

1 – Bad:
19. Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry
18. Imagine Dragons – Believer

2 – Mediocre:
17. Sam Hunt – Body Like A Back Road

3 – Decent:
16. Zedd/Alessia Cara – Stay

4 – Good:
15. All Time Low – Good Times

5 – Great:
14. Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do
13. Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill
12. Charlie Puth – Attention
11. Niall Horan – Slow Hands
10. Shawn Mendes – There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
9. MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low
8. Hailee Steinfeld – Most Girls
7. Linkin Park – One More Light
6. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay – Something Just Like This
5. Fall Out Boy – Champion
4. Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals – Back To You
3. Macklemore/Skylar Grey – Glorious

BONUS: 6 – Best Song On The Countdown:
1. TIE: P!nk – What About Us
1. TIE: Mono Mind – Save Me A Place

Total Score: 83/100 = 83% (B)


Throwback Pick Of The Week: Eminem/Rihanna – Love The Way You Lie

Most Missed Countdown Song: Eminem/Rihanna – The Monster

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Thirty Seconds To Mars – Walk On Water

Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: Coldplay – Hymn For The Weekend (#12)


My Top 5 Picks
1. TIE: Mono Mind – Save Me A Place
1. TIE: P!nk – What About Us
3. Macklemore/Skylar Grey – Glorious
4. Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha – Back To You
5. DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller – Wild Thoughts

497 comments:

  1. Really wasn't expecting Save Me a Place to be in purple. #SurpriseOfTheYear It really doesn't interest me that much, and the single cover is kinda creepy.

    I thought Heartless would be in purple on Hit-Bound, since that would be the type of song you would like. It's nothing amazing as well, just decent. The chorus is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized (from AllAccess) that the two stations that play Galway Girl the most are Hits 1 and my local radio station. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I really shouldn't be surprised to seeDespacito outside of the Top 30. It's like Hits 1 is purposely underrating the biggest songs in the country. First I'm The One, then Wild Thoughts, and now this. Their tagline, "The 45 biggest songs in North America," gets more questionable every time something like this happens."

    I'm so with you right there. I probably shouldn't be surprised either, but when it's still one of my favorite songs at the moment, it infuriates me when its being underrated like this. Now, I know many people are sick of despacito but not me

    I did not expect you to like Save Me A Place like that. I'm guessing there's something about it (besides what you've wrote) that makes it likeable that I'm not seeing.

    I think part of the reason why Taylor Swift's new single is getting mixed opinions is because it's a departure of her previous work. But I definitely agree with her music video being her best ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that your most missed song should be one of the throwback Hits 1. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most Missed Song: Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills

      Delete
    2. Most missed song: Ellie Goulding- Love Me Like You Do (2015)
      Katy Perry- Last Friday Night (TGIF) (2011)
      Pitbull/ AfroJack/ Nayer/Neyo- Give Me Everything (2011)
      Demi Lovato- Cool For The Summer (2015)
      Mike Posner- ITAPII (2016)

      Delete
    3. Recommendations for Hits 1:
      Childish Gambino - Terrified
      Ed Sheeran - Perfect
      Dua Lipa - New Rules
      Camila Cabello - Havana
      blackbear - do re mi
      Fifth Harmony - He Like That
      Jax Jones/Demi Lovato/Stefflon Don - Instruction
      Chris Brown - Questions

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Well, if I were to guess:

      1. Bad Liar
      2. Uh Huh
      3. Weak
      4. Strip That Down
      5. Maybe Now Or Never...I don't know.

      Delete
    2. 1. Bad Liar
      2. Uh Huh
      3. Issues
      4. Weak
      5. Strip That Down

      Delete
    3. Too much crap for that to fit in.

      Delete
  6. Galway Girl is more interesting because of the gaelic/Irish folk feel to the song. Very rare will you hear that type of music crossover at all in the States.

    This is just so amazing, I think I've reached full Taylor stan levels at this point. I also recommend listening to her promo single ...Ready For It?, it's really great.

    What Lovers Do sounds a little bit like what Attention is. It's better than DWK or Cold.

    Like seeing Boom Clap, California Gurls, and TGIF in blue/green.

    No, Sam is a terrible bro-country artist, not just a mediocre one. His only good song was House Party, while everything else was shit.

    Why do you think chart nerds for the Hot 100 on Pulse is a thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did listen to ...Ready For It?, and I actually really like it. No mixed thoughts.

      Delete
  7. Hey Guys, I would really appreciate if you check out my new blog and post. Thanks! Also you can add me on your sidebar, Adrian

    https://hits1weekendcountdownblog.blogspot.com/

    posting again cause people probably didnt see the other one before

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sister got her 2nd piercing today. I only have one piercing, and my tenth anniversary for my piercing was the same day as the eclipse day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. One thing I'm quite pleased to see that I'm shocked nobody mentioned yet:

    Shut Up and Dance in green. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're at the point where I can now enjoy that song whenever it comes on. :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. And more importantly Uptown Funk? I wouldn't be surprised if 24K Magic and That's What I Like have made growing back into that harder, but I would hope you can if not like, at least respect it at this point. (I think you said something about that a while ago when we were talking about hating songs because of overplay.)

      Delete
    4. No one cares about you. -___-

      Delete
    5. That's it, time's up. Go to your room right now.

      Delete
    6. That's it, time's up. Go leave this place and leave us alone right now.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. I have and it's no different from LWYMMD.

      Delete
    2. Umm, yes it it . It's much more upbeat production, and the line "Baby let the games begin, let the games begin" after the second and final chorus sound like something that could be played during any major sporting event. Hell I'm pretty sure that's why they released it as a promo song, they played it during a college game between Alabama and Florida State game. I would have expected you to like it because of the bassy, catchy beat, hell it has a bit of trap percussion in the verses that you can hear.

      Delete
    3. He knows that, he just typed the . in the wrong spot.

      Delete
  11. #1 Recommendation for Venus: RUNAGROUND - I'll Be There

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hits 1 Recommendations:
    Dua Lipa - New Rules
    MAGIC GIANT - Window
    Thirty Seconds to Mars - Walk on Water
    HAIM & BloodPop® - Little of Your Love
    OneRepublic & SeeB - Rich Love
    Ed Sheeran - Perfect
    Bleachers - Don't Take the Money
    Bruno Mars - Chunky
    Paramore - Fake Happy
    Hanson - I Was Born
    Rod Stewart/DNCE - Da Ya Think I'm Sexy?
    for KING & COUNTRY - Priceless
    Rachel Platten - Broken Glass
    Camila Cabello/Young Thug - Havana
    Fifth Harmony - He Like That
    Calvin Harris/Kehlani/Lil Yachty - Faking It
    DeJ Loaf - No Fear
    SZA/Travis Scott - Love Galore
    AXWELL Λ INGROSSO - More than You Know
    The Vamps & Martin Jensen - Middle of the Night
    Lauv - I Like Me Better
    Madison Beer x Cedric Gervais - Dead
    Jax Jones/Demi Lovato/Stefflon Don - Instruction
    blackbear/Gucci Mane - do re mi
    Miley Cyrus - Younger Now
    Jorge Blanco - Summer Soul
    J Balvin & Willy William - Mi Gente
    CNCO & Little Mix - Reggaéton Lento (Bailemos)
    Major Lazer/Quavo/Travis Scott/Camila Cabello - Know No Better
    Jonas Blue/William Singe - Mama
    Childish Gambino - Me and Your Mama
    The Script - Rain
    Rudimental/James Arthur - Sun Comes Up
    Kendrick Lamar/Rihanna - LOYALTY.
    Chris Brown - Questions
    Jason Derulo - If I'm Lucky
    Katy Perry/Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish
    Rachel Crow - Dime
    Marc E. Bassy/KYLE - Plot Twist
    Logic/Alessia Cara/Khalid - 1-800-273-8255
    Khalid - Location
    Lindsey Stirling/Rooty - Love's Just a Feeling
    Keith Urban/Carrie Underwood - The Fighter
    Katrina Woolverton - Hold Me Down
    Lights - Giants
    Tom Walker - Just You and I
    HUNTAR/Gucci Mane - Pony
    The Weeknd - Die for You
    James Arthur - Can I be Him
    Olivia O'Brien - RIP
    JoAnna Michelle - Too Sophisticated
    Why Don't We - Something Different
    Astrid S - Think Before I Talk
    Cardi B - Bodak Yellow (Money Moves)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New Rules: NOC
      Window: NOC
      Walk On Water: NOC
      Little Of Your Love: NOC
      Rich Love: NOC
      Perfect: Definitely his worst song from /.
      Don't Take The Money: NOC
      Chunky: No.
      Fake Happy: This song is actually pretty good.
      I Was Born: NOC
      Da Ya Think I'm Sexy: Doubt it'll make Hits 1.
      Priceless: NOC
      Broken Glass: NOC
      Havana: This song must make Hits 1.
      He Like That: Same as Havana.
      Faking It: NOC
      No Fear: NOC
      Love Galore: NOC
      More Than You Know: NOC
      Middle Of The Night: I really like this song.
      I Like Me Better: NOC
      Dead: This song is good, but not great.
      Instruction: NOC
      do re mi: NOC
      Younger Now: NOC
      Summer Soul: I like this song.
      Mi Gente: I like this one too.
      Reggaéton Lento: NOC
      Know No Better: This song is such an awesome song.
      Mama: NOC
      Me And Your Mama: NOC
      Rain: NOC
      Sun Comes Up: I don't find this a good song, listened to it once.
      LOYALTY: NOC
      Questions: NOC
      If I'm Lucky: NOC
      Swish Swish: This already made Hits 1.
      Dime: NOC
      Plot Twist: No way.
      1-800-273-8255: How many times do I have to tell you that it will not make Hits 1?
      Location: This won't make Hits 1 either.
      Loves Just A Feeling: NOC
      The Fighter: NOC
      Hold Me Down: NOC
      Giants: NOC
      Just You And I: NOC
      Can I Be Him: NOC
      RIP: NOC
      Too Sophisticated: NOC
      Something Different: I've finally heard this and I like it.
      Think Before I Talk: This song is so boring.
      Bodak Yellow (Money Moves): NOC

      Delete
    2. WHY DO YOU HAVE TO KEEP COMMENTING TO THIS SHIT?!?! JUST IGNORE THE ONES THAT PEOPLE HAVEN"T HEARD AND SHORTEN IT YOU FUCK!!!!!! LIKE THIS:

      Walk On Water: (2/10)
      Pefrect (6/10)
      Chunky (9/10)
      Havana (7.5/10)
      Love Galore (5/10)
      do re mi (2.5/10)
      Know No Better (3/10)
      LOYALTY (8.5/10)
      Questions (7.5/10)
      Swish Swish (4/10)
      1-800 (6.5/10)
      Location (5/10)
      The Fighter (6/10)
      Die For You (7/10)
      Bodak Yellow (2/10)

      And for the record, maybe you should at least fucking check the ACTUAL NATIONAL CHARTS BEFORE YOU SAY NO ONE CARES!!!!

      Delete
    3. Yes for:
      New Rules
      Window
      Walk On Water
      Little Of Your Love
      Rich Love
      Perfect
      Don't Take The Money
      Chunky
      Fake Happy
      I Was Born
      Da Ya Think I'm Sexy?
      Priceless
      Broken Glass
      Havana
      He Like That
      More Than You Know
      Middle Of The Night
      I Like Me Better
      Dead
      Instruction
      Younger Now
      Summer Soul
      Mi Gente
      Reggaéton Lento (Bailemos)
      Mama
      Rain
      Sun Comes Up
      Questions
      If I'm Lucky
      Dime
      Plot Twist
      Love's Just A Feeling
      The Fighter
      Hold Me Down
      Giants
      Just You and I
      Pony
      Die For You
      Can I Be Him
      RIP
      Too Sophisticated
      Something Different
      Think Before I Talk

      Delete
    4. No for:
      Faking It
      No Fear
      Love Galore
      Do Re Mi
      Me And Your Mama
      Swish Swish
      1-800-273-8255
      Location
      Bodak Yellow (Money Moves)

      Delete
  13. This Week's Billboard Hot 100 So Far:
    1. Look What You Made Me Do
    2. Despacito
    3. Bodak Yellow (Money Moves)
    4. Wild Thoughts
    5. Attention
    6. Believer
    7. Unforgettable
    8. There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back
    9. 1-800-273-8255
    10. Strip That Down
    18. Sorry Not Sorry
    97. Tell Me You Love Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure everyone is breathing a sigh of relief right now. I'll probably feel the same, but I won't be as infuriated as others if it did break Mariah's record.

      Delete
  14. Wait a minute....

    Why is Rude in orange? That song is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's hated this song from the start to finish. He had it as one of his worst songs of 2014.

      Delete
  15. Hello guys! My special 10,000 Pageview is out!

    http://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2017/09/10000-pageview-special-my-top-30-songs.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Countdown post is out!

    https://chase400.blogspot.com/2017/09/maroon-5-1-week-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey guys, does anyone know how to make it so people can't vote anymore on Google Forms? I'm making a Google Forms for my Q&A (I talked about this last post).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a button that does that. I think it's in the Responses column maybe?

      Delete
    2. Excuse me Gelography, Hailee Steinfeld has a new song with Florida Georgia Line, Watt, and Alesso. It is called "Let Me Go." It will be released this Friday. So stay tuned. Also, Sam Smith has a brand new single called "Too Good at Goodbyes." That song will also be released this Friday in case you guys know. I feel very different this year. My ears are clear, so I hear better music. These songs will impact pop radio stations on Sep. 12. Thx for reading although. And Gelography, I like you so much!!!

      Delete
    3. You know I'm your friend, right? I'm just trying to help you with those problems. Now, can we talk about music, not about what's going on in life?

      Delete
    4. SOMEONE, BLACKLIST THIS GUY!

      Delete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WAMB10, stop with the spamming.

      Delete
    2. I didn't spam, they were AGT predictions but I forgot that only 5 make it through this time instead of 7.

      Delete
    3. You, ATR, and Chase do nothing but spam shit no one else really cares about. Stop doing it and we wouldn't have to have this discussion.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  20. Predictions
    Acts In Danger Of Leaving:
    Johnny Manuel
    Sarah and Hero
    Mike Yung

    Moving On:
    Preacher Lawson
    Chase Goehring
    Darci Lynn

    Eliminated:
    Yoli Mayor
    Eric Jones
    DaNell Daymon & Greater Works
    Billy & Emily England
    Evie Clair

    Dunkin Save:
    Johnny Manuel

    Judges' Choices Winner:
    Sarah and Hero

    Judges' Choices Loser:
    Mike Yung

    ReplyDelete
  21. And Adrian, why is Cheerleader, Blurred Lines and Ride all in red?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Would you shut up, people are sick and tired of your fucking bitching about your first world problems.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. ATR: Because he never liked any of those songs. Blurred Lines I'm pretty sure he never liked, but Cheerleader and Ride I know to him were always bad.

      Delete
  22. So far, 6 HitBound songs have 2 spins according to DSR. YES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually they have even more than 2 spins.

      Delete
    2. Unfortunately, one of them is Feel It Still which I'm surely not a fan of.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. I have to say Friends is gaining Hits 1.

      Delete
    5. Friends, Two Ghosts, Give Love, Bad At Love, and What Lovers Do.

      Delete
    6. If Feel It Still doesn't make the countdown, it will be my Lights Over Paris award for 2017.

      Delete
  23. Most Missed Song: Erin Bowman - Good Time Good Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Childish Gambino - Terrified

      Delete
    2. Since Redbone was awful, that song will most likely also be awful.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. The one word that best describes Terrified is this: (gap for spoilers)











































































      HORRIBLE.

      Delete
    5. I agree with ATR, I have heard it and it's awful.

      Delete
    6. I guess you can call me a Childish Gambino hater. Because I hate most of his songs.

      Delete
    7. TERRIFIED BETTER NOT DEBUT HIT BOUND!

      Delete
  24. So if Harvey wasn't bad enough, Irma and Jose are coming. I watched some news. Jesus hell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurricane Jose was from 1999.

      Delete
    2. Another Jose is coming though.

      Delete
    3. It could become a Jake Paul instead though -.-

      Delete
    4. What??? Jake Paul is a rapper, not a hurricane name.

      Delete
    5. No, Jake is some godawful "rapper" who uses the worst auto tune ever. Even Logan Paul isn't that better. Help me Help You is actually good, but Jake, no.

      Delete
  25. NEW MUSIC ALERT: Gabbie Hanna - Out Loud

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Captain Underpants, Miles, and Adrian.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey, guys! I know WAMB10 posted this, but I heard both Give Love & Bad At Love twice today, so I'm expecting them to debut this weekend.

    Also, on the note of American Top 40, some good news (gap for spoilers):











































    Uh Huh failed to debut! Let us rejoice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  28. Also, here are the "Breakout/On The Verge" songs this week (again, gap for spoilers):



























































    Why Don't We - Something Different
    Hey Violet - Hoodie
    Harry Styles - Two Ghosts
    Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do (obviously)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Replies
    1. True, but we will definitely have HitBound entrants due to the high amount of HitBound entrants this week.

      Delete
  30. NEW MUSIC ALERT: ZAYN/Sia - Dusk till Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  31. NEW MUSIC ALERT:

    KELLY CLARKSON - LOVE SO SOFT
    KELLY CLARKSON - MOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  32. So, I'll do a mini-review of Kelly Clarkson's comeback single. My thoughts...






















































    It's pretty divine! I do like the new sound Kelly Clarkson is going for. It's definitely something different in comparison to her older singles, which were more pop. She sounds more like Adele, well at the beginning at least. Right now, I'm loving this. We'll see if it blows up.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Are we having a 6-DTHNOB week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's looking like it's going to happen, given that I've heard five Hit-Bound songs more than twice this week. If that's the case, that means things are really starting to brew up as we're closer to fall.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Two Ghosts for some reason stopped airing. I'm guessing it's because that Hits 1 couldn't find enough HitBound entrants to replace all the songs this one of the HitBound songs had to stop airing.

      Delete
    4. What does DTHNOB mean

      Delete
    5. ^Same thing as an exit. CountdownRecap created the term but never said what it stood for.

      Delete
  34. Just hold on and play that song? Get outta here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, Ben. They'll leave this week.

      Delete
    2. Former: I'll be fine with this gone.
      Latter: I am just starting to get sick of it, but I can take it here.

      Delete
    3. Former: I hate Gelography!!!
      Latter: I actually like you Gelography.

      Delete
  35. TNF starts in 1 hour and 25 minutes! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Now, in TNF, the Kansas City Chiefs play the New England Patriots tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, in Puerto Rico, Hurricane Irma is killing everyone. #IHopeYoureSomewherePraying

      Delete
    2. Who do you want to win? The Chiefs or the Patriots?

      Delete
    3. I don't want anyone to win, I want you to leave, though.

      Delete
  37. 5 minutes until the kickoff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Maren Morris is singing the national anthem now.

    ReplyDelete
  39. The Patriots scored a touchdown.

    ReplyDelete
  40. We are probably only going to have 5 debuts this week because Two Ghosts decelerated in spins. It's a bummer too because I just grew into that song today. ;(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the reason why they had to do that was because Hits 1 couldn't find enough songs to debut on HitBound.

      Delete
    2. I mean also growing into Feel It Still.

      Delete
    3. You seriously do not need to post several comments in a row, we don't fucking care!

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  41. And Leah, where are you going to see The Weeknd?

    ReplyDelete
  42. Alright, guys! Here's my new AT 40 post for you all!

    http://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2017/09/at-40-charlie-puth-2-week-of-september.html

    ReplyDelete
  43. So, apparently I wake up and it turns out the Chiefs beat the Patriots. Good!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Replies
    1. You don't have announce every fucking thing on the goddamn planet, especially something happened HOURS AGO!!

      Delete
    2. The final score is Chiefs 42 Patriots 27.

      Delete
    3. We fucking know, stop announcing everything!!!

      Delete
  45. Has anyone seen Parker? He hasn't commented here since Tuesday morning and hasn't been on Pulse since Tuesday morning. Hoping he comes back soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe he's too busy with schoolwork to do anything, or maybe he got grounded or something.

      Delete
  46. What are your weekend countdown predictions for 9/9/17?

    ReplyDelete
  47. Now, we're having a 5-DTHNOB week. I heard Hits 1 plays 6 Hit Bound songs over the week, but one didn't play on Hits 1 every day.

    ReplyDelete
  48. My weekend countdown predictions for 9/9/17:
    Exits:
    Just Hold On
    Closer
    Play That Song
    Uh Huh
    That's What I Like

    Entrants:
    Friends
    Feel It Still
    Give Love
    Bad At Love
    What Lovers Do

    #1: Look What You Made Me Do

    Biggest Drop: Shape Of You

    Biggest Jump: Wild Thoughts

    Hit Bound Entrants:
    Mi Gente
    Dusk Til Dawn
    ...Ready For It?
    Love So Soft
    Something Different

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two Ghosts had more spins than Give Love so far today.

      Delete
    2. As desperate as I am for Uh Huh and Closer to leave, they won't leave, unfortunately. I do see chances of the other three though.

      I can see in the other 5. Give Love was ranked as #2 on the Wutchuwant Countdown last night.

      Delete
    3. Chase: Oh no, you did not just say that!

      ATR: I doubt That's What I Like and Closer are leaving this week. I heard both of them while I was out yesterday.

      *sees Hit-Bound entrants*

      If Mi Gente enters, I'll be pissed.

      And yes, Uh Huh needs to leave and stop polluting the countdown.

      Delete
  49. Adrian, please bring back comment moderation, I can't keep on commenting here I'd half the comments are just shitty posts by Chase, ATR, WAMB, and Leah. This is why I'm more active on Pulse, and if I were you, you'd do the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHY DON'T YOU JUST FUCKING LEAVE THE COUNTDOWN ALREADY!!! I HATE YOU SO MUCH!!!

      Delete
  50. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Thomas Rhett - Life Changes

    ReplyDelete
  51. I hate you people so fucking much. I'm talking about you Chase, Leah, ATR, and WAMB10, why don't you do us a favor and leave. We don't want you to be commenting anymore, no wonder most of us are just leaving to Pulse, at least there's no trolls like you over there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no way I'm leaving when there's an upcoming 6+ exit week tomorrow/

      Delete
    2. Miles: KILL EM NOW

      WAMB10: -___-

      Delete
    3. WAMB10: WHO CARES!! YOUR ACTING LIKE A CANCEROUS TROLL!!!

      Delete
    4. I'M NOT LEAVING! YOU'RE EVIL!

      Delete
  52. http://mymusicreviewingblog.blogspot.com/2017/09/billboard-hot-100-91617-look-what-you.html

    BBH100 post is out.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Miles, I doubt Adrian is going to pulse music boards anytime soon. He's gonna stay active on his blog (unless something drastic happens and he changes his mind).

    I'm on pulse also. Again, username is dhill92 if you're looking for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do agree though, this comments section is pretty toxic with a bunch of trolls.

      Delete
  54. If anyone wants a question on my Q&A, here is the link!

    https://goo.gl/forms/Sn23Wtx5GRNtBA403

    ReplyDelete
  55. Hits 1 just tweeted our new Hit-Bound entrants. Here they are (Gap for spoilers):








































































    Taylor Swift's - ... Ready For It?
    Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft
    Sam Smith - Too Good For Goodbyes
    Zayn featuring Sia - Dusk Till Dawn
    Why Don't We - Something Different

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Let Me Go? Darn, that would've been the best debut.

      Delete
    2. Well, they didn't say. We'll find out this weekend.

      Delete
    3. I guess they didn't say because it was just released today.

      Delete
    4. Like when Bon Appetit was released.

      Delete
  56. These are my thoughts on this comment section:

    - Adrian needs to turn on comment moderation. Unnecessary comments have been a problem for a long time and this way it will be reduced. Even though it will probably take a day for comments to be approved, it will be for the better.
    - For everyone trying to criticize these "trolls", stop. Ignore them no matter how annoying they are. Fighting back is not going to get rid of them. It would just worsen the problem and make them feel bad. You don't know what's going on in their minds when this happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. I'm being constantly reminded why I'm spending more time on Pulse.

      Delete
  57. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  58. ., and Graham: I'm spending more time on Pulse Music Boards also, though I'll still be around on blogger.

    Oh, and guys. Just a quick note: tomorrow's countdown post might not be out immediately. I'm going to be busy this weekend. I'll probably have it out sometime late tomorrow or Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Predictions For September 9, 2017
    Exits:
    Uh Huh
    Mercy
    Now Or Never
    Play That Song
    Just Hold On
    Bad Liar

    Entrants:
    Give Love
    Two Ghosts
    Bad At Love
    Feel It Still
    Friends
    What Lovers Do

    Biggest Jump: Galway Girl

    Biggest Drop: Most Girls (NOOOOOOOOOOO!)

    #1: Slow Hands

    ReplyDelete
  60. How do you get onto Pulse?

    -Sasha

    ReplyDelete