Monday, August 14, 2017

Imagine Dragons (2) – Week Of August 5, 2017

Hey guys. Yes, I skipped another week. My apologies for that. I don't usually like skipping weeks. But I feel like that will help catch up more on my posts. Besides, I don't think too much really happened last week anyway (aside from the new #1 song). Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we said goodbye to LAST week.


  • Jon Bellion – Overwhelming (#34)
  • Erin Bowman – Good Time Good Life (#40)

Now here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.

  • Fitz & The Tantrums – HandClap (#35)

Last Week's #1 Song: Imagine Dragons – Believer
The Countdown
45. Maroon 5 – Don't Wanna Know (#43) [3 Weeks At #1]
44. Aaron Carter – Sooner Or Later (#38)
43. Noah Cyrus – Stay Together (#39)
42. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson – Just Hold On (#44)
41. Miley Cyrus – Malibu (#45)
40. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd – Starving (#41) [4 Weeks At #1]
39. Harry Styles – Sign Of The Times (#40)
38. Camila Cabello – Crying In The Club (#36)
37. AJR – Weak (#23)
36. The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer (#32) [8 Weeks At #1]
35. Julia Michaels – Uh Huh (DEBUT)
34. Bruno Mars – That's What I Like (#20) [1 Week At #1]
33. Selena Gomez – Bad Liar (#15)
32. Train – Play That Song (#33)
31. Shawn Mendes – Mercy (#31)
30. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper – I'm The One (#42)
29. MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low (#29)
28. The Chainsmokers – Paris (#24) [1 Week At #1]
27. Linkin Park/Kiiara – Heavy (#17)
26. Julia Michaels – Issues (#27)
25. Bruno Mars/David Guetta – Versace On The Floor (#30)
24. James Arthur – Say You Won't Let Go (#25)
23. Kygo/Selena Gomez – It Ain't Me (#22)
22. Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals – Back To You (#34)
21. Childish Gambino – Redbone (#26)
20. All Time Low – Good Times (#21)
19. DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller – Wild Thoughts (#28)
18. Fall Out Boy – Champion (#19)
17. Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber – Despacito (#18)
16. Linkin Park – One More Light (#37)
15. Liam Payne – Strip That Down (#12)
14. Hailee Steinfeld – Most Girls (#13)
13. Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill (#3) [3 Weeks At #1]
12. Calvin Harris/Pharrell/Katy Perry – Feels (#16)
11. Panic! At The Disco – L.A. Devotee (#14)
10. Charlie Puth – Attention (#7)
  9. Halsey – Now Or Never (#10)
  8. Lady Gaga – The Cure (#9)
  7. Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You (#11) [9 Weeks At #1]
  6. Zedd/Alessia Cara – Stay (#6) [4 Weeks At #1]
  5. Sam Hunt – Body Like A Back Road (#5)
  4. Niall Horan – Slow Hands (#4)
  3. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay – Something Just Like This (#8) [3 Weeks At #1]
  2. Shawn Mendes – There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#2) [3 Weeks At #1]
  1. Imagine Dragons – Believer (#1) [2nd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Justin Timberlake – Can't Stop The Feeling

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Selena Gomez – Bad Liar (–18)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Linkin Park – One More Light (+21)

New Entrants
~ We have one new entrant this week, as well as the two new entrants I didn't review from last week. Last week, we had Linkin Park debuting with One More Light, most likely due to Chester Bennington's death recently. The song is nothing like their older music. It's a lot more stripped down and we get more of Chester Bennington's vocals, which is nice. While it's nowhere near their best work, it's still a good song. What's strange is that this wasn't actually released as a single. So I'm not really sure how long it will stay. Though with it already in the Top 20, this song could be here a while.

~ Also last week, we had Louis Tomlinson from One Direction bring in his second song, Back To You. I really like this song and I'm glad Louis is producing good music like Harry and Niall and not garbage like Liam. I'm not a huge fan of Bebe Rexha's vocals in this song. But when mixed together with Louis' in the last chorus, it actually really good. Their voices sound great together. I'm a huge fan of Louis Tomlinson, so I'm hoping he can make more good music like Back To You in the future.

~ Now this week, we have Julia Michaels debuting with Uh Huh. I honestly don't understand why she gets so much praise. I've hated Issues since the very beginning solely because her voice sucks (and now also because I've heard it a million times). But in Uh Huh, she shows no improvement. She actually got worse. Her voice is even scratchier than before. The lyrical content got a whole lot worse. The only thing I like about Uh Huh more than Issues is that Uh Huh has a good speed to it. Issues was just slow in a very awkward way. But aside from that, I consider Uh Huh to be a step down. This is not the direction she should be heading in. Hopefully she improves.


Hit-Bound
~ Here is the Hit-Bound list:


  • Bebe Rexha – The Way I Are (Dance With Somebody)
  • Kesha – Praying
  • Ed Sheeran – Galway Girl
  • Harry Styles – Two Ghosts
  • The Chainsmokers – Honest
  • Imagine Dragons – Thunder
  • The All-American Rejects – Sweat
  • Andy Grammer – Give Love
  • Macklemore/Skylar Grey – Glorious
  • Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry
  • Shawn Hook/Vanessa Hudgens – Reminding Me
  • Zedd/Liam Payne – Get Low
  • Rita Ora – Your Song (DEBUT)
  • The Revivalists – Wish I Knew You (DEBUT)

Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. TIE: Kesha – Praying
1. TIE: Shawn Hook/Vanessa Hudgens – Reminding Me
3. Macklemore/Skylar Grey – Glorious
4. Imagine Dragons – Thunder
5. The All-American Rejects – Sweat


Blurbs
~ I have to say, I'm not too thrilled about our #1 song. I guess I can understand why people like it. It just doesn't appeal to me. As someone who was a fan of them before, this just seems like a step down in my opinion. But I finally came around to Thunder, even though it isn't that amazing of a song either. It's catchy though, so I'll give it that.

~ Meanwhile, we also have mediocre country music in the Top 5. I'm not bashing against the country genre as I do like a lot of country songs, just the song itself. I gotta admit though, this song is doing a lot better than I thought it would.

~ I see Shape Of You managed to jump back into the Top 10 (with Castle On The Hill dropping out of the Top 10). This song is really starting to fade on me. I liked the simplicity of it at first, but I've heard it way too much. Though I can't really see myself disliking the song anytime soon, it is starting to grow old on me. So I'd like to see it start to make its way down.

~ We also appear to have Halsey – Now Or Never in the Top 10, which is just slightly aggravating. I feel like this song is only doing well because it's Halsey. It is far from Top 10 material, so I'm hoping it doesn't get any higher.

~ Things are starting to look better this week. We managed to get three pieces of garbage in the form of Weak, Bad Liar, and That's What I Like out of the Top 30. Crying In The Club is continuing to slowly drop as well.

~ Aaron Carter – Sooner Or Later appears to have dropped down to #44. This may be the end of the road for that song. While it didn't do as well as I had hoped, I enjoyed it while it lasted.


Top 20 Review
0 – Crap:
20. Liam Payne – Strip That Down
19. Halsey – Now Or Never

1 – Bad:
18. Imagine Dragons – Believer

2 – Mediocre:
17. Sam Hunt – Body Like A Back Road

3 – Decent:
16. Zedd/Alessia Cara – Stay
15. Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You

4 – Good:
14. All Time Low – Good Times
13. Linkin Park – One More Light

5 – Great:
12. Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill
11. Niall Horan – Slow Hands
10. Panic! At The Disco – L.A. Devotee
9. Charlie Puth – Attention
8. Shawn Mendes – There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
7. Lady Gaga – The Cure
6. Hailee Steinfeld – Most Girls
5. Fall Out Boy – Champion
4. Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber – Despacito
3. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay – Something Just Like This

BONUS: 6 – Best Song On The Countdown:
1. TIE: Calvin Harris/Pharrell/Katy Perry – Feels
1. TIE: DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller – Wild Thoughts

Total Score: 79/100 = 79% (C+)


Throwback Pick Of The Week: Céline Dion – My Heart Will Go On

Most Missed Countdown Song: Zedd/Matthew Koma/Miriam Bryant – Find You

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Wrabel – The Village

Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: Tie Between Mike Posner/SeeB – I Took A Pill In Ibiza and OneRepublic – Wherever I Go


My Top 5 Picks
1. TIE: DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller – Wild Thoughts
1. TIE: Calvin Harris/Pharrell/Katy Perry – Feels
3. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay – Something Just Like This
4. Aaron Carter – Sooner Or Later
5. Kygo/Selena Gomez – It Ain't Me

262 comments:

  1. When is the 8/12/17 post coming out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to sound rude or anything, but why has there been a lack of updates, posts, and comments from you? I know I must have said this a thousand times, but I think we should have some clarity about why the posts are getting later and later

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate to sound rude or anything, but why has there been a lack of updates, posts, and comments from you? I know I must have said this a thousand times, but I think we should have some clarity about why the posts are getting later and later

      Delete
  3. While I could ask where exactly he's been, we have huge news.



















    This is the first Hot 100 since the 5/23/09 chart that Drake is completely absent from! THANK YOU, AMERICA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. SOMEONE DROWN ME IN A COLD RIVER.


      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XUZ8N9mCzLQ

      Delete
    2. Really? First week since 05/23/09?

      Delete
    3. Honestly I should be happy, but I think I'd rather have Drake back, especially if it means getting rid of Despacito. Hell, I'll take a Wild Thoughts/Bodak Yellow remix with him on it.

      Delete
    4. Just kidding. I was making stuff up.

      Delete
    5. Ay, Gelography that's not nice. Don't tell me to go away!!!

      Delete
    6. And Parker, I hear you over there. Please don't drown in a cold water and please don't swear. That's nasty.

      Delete
  4. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: STASH - Blackjack Cabana

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, Adrian! I was soooo worried you had stopped doing WC posts altogether, but I'm glad you're back at it!

    I can see you're not a fan of Julia Michaels (given her vocals aren't all that good), though I was expecting Uh Huh to be orange.

    I definitely approve of both your throwback pick & Wild Thoughts being in purple, but wait until you review this week's countdown post (if you know what I'm talking about).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for his opinion for Hoodie lol

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  7. Adrian, did you buy Kesha's latest album Rainbow? I did over the weekend and I can say it is a great album. Praying, Woman, Hymn, Hunt You Down and Learn To Let Go are some of the best tracks IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! Also, I agree with you on that Miles. The album is very good. Also, I got another Hot 45 Chart out! I have added arrows and stats! So, please go check it out!

    Link: http://hotfortyfive.blogspot.com/2017/08/week-of-july-15-2017.html

    Thanks guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked out your hit 45 chart but unfortunately, it is restricted.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  9. Wait a minute Adrian....

    Why is Give Love in red?

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're getting very very close to Despacito breaking the record for most weeks at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We know that, think we're stupid?

      Delete
    2. Gelography, c'mon, please stop saying that word. I understand you're getting in the habit of doing things you want to do but I am not happy right now. So apologize to ATR and say you're sorry. That wasn't very nice.

      Delete
    3. Gelography, that's your last warning. Although you are acting like a little child. If you say it again, then you need to have a timeout.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. YOU ARE SO DUMB CHASE JUST LEAVE AND MOVE TO PULSE CUZ U WILL BE BANNED INSTANTLY

      Delete
  11. New on Hits 1: Mono Mind - Save Me a Place (Bridge & Mountain Remix)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Most missed song: Rich Homie Quan/Problem - Walk Thru

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hits 1 Recommendations:
    Wolves - Animals
    Mayberry - Playing with Fire
    Nytrix - Love Never Died
    Ed Sheeran - Perfect
    French Montana/Swae Lee - Unforgettable
    Aggro Santos/Dave Audé - Bomba
    Whitney Woerz - Idea of Her
    Kesha/The Dap-Kings Horns - Woman
    Camila Cabello/Young Thug - Havana
    PRETTYMUCH - Would You Mind
    Why Don't We - Something Different
    Logic/Alessia Cara/Khalid - 1-800-273-8255
    blackbear - do re mi
    HUNTAR/Gucci Mane - Pony
    Selena Gomez/Gucci Mane - Fetish
    Katy Perry - Save as Draft
    Judah & the Lion - Take it All Back
    Neon Trees - Feel Good
    Jonas Blue/William Singe - Mama
    Childish Gambino - Me and Your Mama
    Major Lazer/Travis Scott/Quavo/Camila Cabello - Know No Better
    Olivia O'Brien - RIP
    J Balvin & Willy William - Mi Gente
    Enrique Iglesias/Sean Paul - Súbeme la Radio
    AJR - Drama
    AXWELL Λ INGROSSO - More than You Know
    Madison Beer & Cedric Gervais - Dead
    Rudimental/James Arthur - Sun Comes Up
    James Arthur - Can I Be Him
    Portugal. The Man - Feel it Still
    The Script - Rain
    Sabrina Carpenter - Why
    DeJ Loaf - No Fear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only songs on here I care about are Unforgettable, 1-800, and Know No Better. I don't know too many people who would care about the rest.

      Delete
    2. Yes for:
      Animals
      Playing With Fire
      Love Never Died
      Perfect
      Unforgettable
      Idea Of Her
      Woman
      Havana
      Would You Mind
      Something Different
      Pony
      Fetish
      Save as Draft
      Take It All Back
      Feel Good
      Mama
      Know No Better
      RIP
      Mi Gente
      Súbeme la Radio
      More Than You Know
      Dead
      Sun Comes Up
      Can I Be Him
      Feel It Still
      Rain
      Why

      Delete
    3. No for:
      Bomba
      1-800-273-8255
      do re mi
      Me and your Mama
      Drama
      No Fear

      Delete
    4. Who needs Me And Your Mama when we already have the trashy and all Redbone?

      Delete
    5. Some of these songs are rap and they won't make Hits 1.

      Delete
    6. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  14. Strip That Down is Most wutchuwanted. Jesus freaking christ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm not necessarily all that thrilled about that either, but I guess it could've been worse. If it blocks Body Like A Back Road from hitting #1, I'm all for that.

      Delete
    2. ^I am getting insanely sick of BLABR

      Delete
    3. Yeah, I was never a fan of BLABR, so there.

      Delete
  15. I think I want to quit PMB, because I cannot stand the retroactive hate that I am getting. I've already been suspended for a week, I don't want to return to hate PMs and unnecessary notifications.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Well if there's any good news, Lucifer/Koreanjesus got banned recently, so no more dealing with her. And if you do get hate PMs or unnecessary notifications, ignore them, and refrain from posting in the politics threads.

      Delete
    3. Really, I didn't hear, maybe she just boardecided or something. All I know is Despacito will get 15, maybe 16 weeks, which is another reason I may not stay any longer.

      It's just that, I hate how biased everyone is, they don't just insult me because of how I express my opinions, but straight-up insulting me, calling me dumb because of my youth, which is so fucking offensive, and it violates Pulse's commenting rules. This is why I hate associating my political opinions online, everyone easily gets offended and acts like this is some "safe space" and they're right, and everyone else is wrong.

      Delete
    4. http://pulsemusic.proboards.com/user/13045

      Huh, well I'll be damned.

      Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    6. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  16. Also, Montavis asked this last page but I didn't answer then because I was waiting on this page to do it, but here's why Sooner Or Later - a song that appears to be a noticeable fan favorite here despite its awful countdown performance - shrunk on me:

    As I said when the song debuted, it's about longing for his lover's return, which is understandable. In the post-chorus, you have the "I ain't pulling you back" and "I ain't trippin', gettin' mad" bit, with him believing she'll return. Okay, fair enough. But then the second verse opens with the lines "Don't tell me I'm not sure / Don't tell me I'm not yours", which come off as insanely possessive and brings back bad memories of Nick Jonas saying he has the "right to be hellish" in Jealous. I looked up that verse on Genius, and here is what he has to say about that:

    "My record deal with Sony hadn’t solidified yet. I wasn’t cool enough yet. Like, stop telling me all the stuff I need. Because sooner or later, if you just trust me and ride with me, we’ll be jets over oceans. You know? Flying to places all around. Living life."

    I don't know if that's actually directed at the record company or not, but if it isn't, then it's rather unsettling, which is not helped at all by the line "I need your body on me like lotion", which, eck. (And yet I still have no problem with the "Now my bedsheets smell like you" in Shape Of You, interestingly.) And the post-chorus synths feel too fuzzy and unpleasant.

    So yeah, that's why the song cooled on me. Sorry everyone (especially Adrian), but yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Updated AGT Predictions
    Acts In Danger Of Leaving:
    Bello Nock
    Yoli Mayor
    Puddles Pity Party

    Moving On:
    Darci Lynn Farmer
    Christian Guardino
    Angelica Hale
    Preacher Lawson

    Dunkin' Save:
    Yoli Mayor

    Judges' Choices Winner:
    Bello Nock

    Judges' Choices Loser:
    Puddles Pity Party

    Also Eliminated:
    Just Jerk
    In The Stairwell
    Artyon & Paige
    The Singing Trump

    ReplyDelete
  18. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: The Chainsmokers - The One

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Chase is right, let's get this song to HitBound.

      Delete
  19. Available to vote on Hits 1:
    Selena Gomez - Fetish
    Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still
    Sabrina Carpenter - Why

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fetish, Why and Feel it Still are one of my recommendations to debut Hits 1.

      Delete
    2. Just saw the voting poll. I had a feeling Fetish would show up sooner or later. That one's not going to get any kind words. Not sure about the other two yet. I'll have to listen to them when I get a chance.

      Delete
    3. Also available for vote on Hits 1:
      Mono Mind - Save Me a Place (Bridge & Mountain Remix)

      Delete
    4. Crying In The Club and Sign Of The Times are off.

      Delete
    5. I swear to God if they edited Gucci Mane from Fetish...

      Delete
    6. They likely will. It's Hits 1. They don't like rap music, period. But it won't matter because that song still sucks, with or without Gucci Mane.

      Delete
    7. The only rap they like is when it's done by white boys apparently.

      Delete
    8. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  20. Hello guys, just a heads up that I'm going away to Camp Northstar. I will see you guys next Friday when I come back from vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  21. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1 and Venus: Chris Brown - Questions

    ReplyDelete
  22. BREAKING NEWS: Charlie Puth will be hosting the Hits 1 countdown this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. At 7 your time, I will be commenting which acts are in danger of leaving and I want you guys to save one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. But like why? Why must you keep ruining this section with unnecessary comments no one else cares about?

      Delete
    3. Christian, Just Jerk, and Yoli are all in the bubble.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. Good, I hate you too. Now leave.

      Delete
    6. But Adrian is a big fan of AGT.

      Delete
    7. And no one else is though. And I don't even think he's actually reading the comments, since he's not commenting at all, and has been updating really late.

      Delete
    8. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  24. Predictions For Week 2
    Acts In Danger Of Leaving:
    Brobots & Mandroidz
    Demian Aditya
    Merrick Hanna

    Moving On:
    Celine Tam
    Evie Clair
    Johnny Manuel
    Light Balance
    Mandy Harvey

    Eliminated:
    Eric Jones
    Mirror Image
    Pompeyo Family Dogs
    The Masqueraders

    Dunkin Save: Merrick Hanna

    Judges' Choices Winner: Brobots & Mandroidz

    Judges' Choices Loser: Demian Aditya

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  26. New post is out, guys!

    http://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2017/08/top-10-songs-from-madonna.html

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  28. New post is out, guys!

    https://chase400.blogspot.com/2017/08/j-balvin-2-week-2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait a minute....

      A new icon?

      Delete
    2. I'm not talking about your new post. I'm talking about your new icon.

      Delete
    3. Wait a second Chase....

      I heard last year your icon used to be a Disney XD one.

      Delete
    4. That's not what I said, Chase. I said, "I heard last year your icon used to be a Disney XD one."

      Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    6. Chase, why do you have a Disney XD icon last year?

      Delete
  29. http://kworb.net/pop/

    Justin Bieber's new song called Friends features Bloodpop and is now #2 on iTunes. Get ready for Despacito to be dethroned soon!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Top 10 Rock/Heavy Metal Songs:
    1. Cardi B - Bodak Yellow (Money Moves)
    2. Halestorm - Love Bites (So Do I)
    3. Halestorm - Mz. Hyde
    4. The Pretty Reckless - Take Me Down
    5. The Pretty Reckless - Going to Hell
    6. The Pretty Reckless - My Medicine
    7. The Pretty Reckless - Messed Up World (F'd Up World)
    8. The Pretty Reckless - Follow Me Down
    9. Halestorm - Here's to Us
    10. Halestorm - Freak Like Me

    I just made that up!!! #1 is not rock/heavy metal.

    ReplyDelete
  31. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: marshmello x Khalid - Silence

    ReplyDelete
  32. Tomorrow is the 3rd anniversary of Shake it Off, the first single from the iconic album 1989. Tomorrow is also a Friday. With all of this Despacito/Wild Thoughts/Friends drama happening, does anyone think that Taylor could release a new song tomorrow? If she does, it definitely won't be as great as the 4 amazing singles from 1989. But I'm hoping she releases something soon, now that her case is over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously hope not, because we already have enough drama with WT being discounted and suddenly being boosted so much, both versions of Despacito in the top 10 (Well, now 11), the discounts of other popular songs like Strip That Down, Slow Hands, and TNHMB, and the new releases from JB and Pink. Taylor Swift releasing something new will just be icing on the drama cake.

      Delete
  33. http://mymusicreviewingblog.blogspot.com/2017/08/billboard-hot-100-82617-despacito-lusi.html

    BBH100 post is out.

    ReplyDelete
  34. The Despacito remix has now been discounted to .69 on iTunes. God help us all if this gets 16 or more weeks at #1.

    ReplyDelete
  35. What are your weekend countdown predictions for 8/19/17?

    ReplyDelete
  36. My weekend countdown predictions for 8/19/17:
    Exits:
    Just Hold On
    Starving
    Sign Of The Times
    Stay Together
    Crying In The Club

    Entrants:
    What About Us
    Galway Girl
    Glorious
    Sweat
    Give Love

    #1: There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back

    Biggest Drop: Shape Of You

    Biggest Jump: I'm The One

    Hit Bound Entrants:
    Fetish
    Mi Gente
    There For You
    New Rules
    Dead
    Havana

    Hit Bound Exits:
    Hoodie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoodie will not exit HitBound, it has too many spins to do that.

      Delete
    2. You should not be biased on your predictions.

      Delete
    3. But WAMB10, I hate Hoodie.

      Delete
    4. I hate to disappoint you ATR, but Hoodie has too many spins, so it's likely going to debut this week.

      And the only Hit-Bound entrants this week are Fetish, Feel It Still, and Why.

      Delete
    5. Galway Girl is actually going to leave HitBound and not debut the countdown this week.

      Delete
    6. Feel It Still entered Hit-Bound??? What the heck???

      Delete
    7. No It isn't. It hit #1 a lot on the Alt-18 countdown.

      Delete
    8. If Galway girl exits hit bound it will be My LOP Award for 2017

      Delete
    9. If No promises exits hit bound it will be My LOP Award for 2017

      Delete
    10. Well, No Promises might debut the countdown next week.

      Delete
  37. Here are the songs that are flopping this week:
    Bruno Mars vs. David Guetta - Versace on the Floor
    Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito
    ZEDD & Alessia Cara - Stay
    HALSEY - Now or Never
    DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance the Rapper/Lil Wayne - I'm the One
    Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill
    Fifth Harmony/Gucci Mane - Down
    Clean Bandit/Zara Larsson - Symphony
    David Guetta/Justin Bieber - 2U
    Rita Ora - Your Song
    BeBe Rexha/Lil Wayne - The Way I Are (Dance with Somebody)
    All Time Low - Good Times

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    2. Shut the heck up Chase, explain why Despacito has had 14+ weeks at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100.

      Delete
    3. Hey, Gelography please stop using that word, that's not appropriate.

      Delete
    4. And by the way, you now have a timeout. So go to your room right now, Gelography.

      Delete
    5. It already did on radio.

      Delete
    6. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  38. I don't want all of them to flop!

    ReplyDelete
  39. New AT40 post is out!

    http://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2017/08/at40-review-luis-fonsi-justin-bieber.html

    ReplyDelete
  40. Exits:

    Crying In The Club
    Sign Of The Times

    ReplyDelete
  41. First set:

    45. Noah Cyrus - Stay Together (#44) [-1]
    44. Steve Aoki featuring Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#45) [+1]
    43. Miley Cyrus - Malibu (#42) [-1]
    42. Hailee Steinfield & Grey featuring Zedd - Starving (#41) [-1] [Spent 4 Weeks At #1]
    41. DJ Khaled featuring Justin Bieber and Chance The Rapper - I'm The One (#36) [-5]
    40. The Chainsmokers featuring Halsey - Closer (#38) [-2] [Spent 8 Weeks At #1]
    39. Julia Michaels - Issues (#26) [=]
    38. Train - Play That Song (#33) [-1]
    37. Hey Violet - Hoodie (DEBUT) [=]
    36. Childish Gambino - Redbone (#27) [-9]
    35. Selena Gomez - Bad Liar (#33) [-2]
    34. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#34) [=] [Spent 1 Week At #1]
    33. P!NK - What About Us (DEBUT) [=]
    32. DJ Khaled featuring Rihanna and Bryson Tiller - Wild Thoughts (#15) [-17] (You've got to be kidding...)
    31. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#31) [=]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "39. Julia Michaels - Issues (#26) [=]"

      Think you made a typo there haha.

      Delete
    2. *looks at #32*

      https://tinyurl.com/ybxoqvg3

      Delete
    3. Wild Thoughts should jump next week!!!

      Delete
  42. 27. Most Girls

    What the heck?! I've heard this one quite a bit this week. I'm surprised about this big drop.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Second set:

    30. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#29) [-1]
    29. AJR - Weak (#23) [-6]
    28. Halsey - Now Or Never (#19) [-9]
    27. Hailee Steinfield - Most Girls (#11) [-16] (What the heck?!)
    26. Linkin Park featuring Kiiara - Heavy (#25) [-1]
    25. Julia Michaels - Uh Huh (#28) [+3]
    24. Bruno Mars - Versace On The Floor (#24) [=]
    23. Kesha - Praying (#35) [+12]
    22. Lady Gaga - The Cure (#20) [-2]
    21. Kygo featuring Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#22) [+1]
    20. Louis Tomlinson featuring Bebe Rexha and Digital Farm Animals - Back To You (#26) [+6]
    19. The Chainsmokers - Honest (#30) [+11]
    18. All Time Low - Good Times (#14) [-4]
    17. Calvin Harris featuring Pharrell and Katy Perry - Feels (#13) [-4]
    16. Fall Out Boy - Champion (#18) [+2]

    ReplyDelete
  44. Top 10 Entry:

    Strip That Down (new)
    One More Light (new)

    ReplyDelete
  45. 15. Lights Down Low
    14. Castle On The Hill
    13. Sorry Not Sorry
    12. L.A. Devotee
    11. Something Just Like This
    10. One More Light
    9. Body Like A Back Road
    8. Despacito
    7. Shape Of You
    6. Stay
    5. Attention
    4. Believer

    Top 3:
    TNHB
    Slow Hands
    Strip That Down

    ReplyDelete
  46. TNHMB AT #1!!!!

    3. Strip That Down
    2. Slow Hands

    ReplyDelete
  47. #1 will either be TNHMB or Slow Hands.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Save Me a Place (Bridge & Mountain Remix) should debut HitBound next week.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Exits:
    x40. Sign Of The Times
    x43. Crying In The Club

    ReplyDelete
  50. If Slow Hands was that popular, I would be familiar with it by now. I have never once heard it.

    But I'm happy about #3!

    ReplyDelete
  51. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Machine Gun Kelly/Kid Rock - Bad Mother F**ker

    ReplyDelete
  52. Well, looks like this is it for Something Just Like This. I had a feeling it was going to drop out of the Top 10 since I hardly heard it throughout the week. :(

    And Lights Down Low only now entering the Top 20? That's weird.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Let's get No Promises debut on the countdown next week, not Galway Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Here's the Hit-Bound list, guys:

    Portugal, The Man - Feel It Still (DEBUT)
    Halsey - Bad At Love
    Andy Grammer - Give Love
    Cheat Codes featuring Demi Lovato - No Promises
    Imagine Dragons - Thunder
    Sabrina Carpenter - Why (DEBUT)
    Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl
    Macklemore featuring Skylar Grey - Glorious
    The All American Rejects - Sweat
    Selena Gomez - Fetish (DEBUT)
    Harry Styles - Two Ghosts
    Rita Ora - Your Song
    Zedd featuring Liam Payne - Get Low
    The Revivalists - Wish I Knew You

    ReplyDelete