Monday, June 12, 2017

Zedd (3) – Week Of June 10, 2017

There really wasn't much going on this week. Pretty much to the point where I don't know what to put for this introduction. So instead I'll just let you guys go right into the countdown. No songs leaving the countdown this week. So let's get right into it!



Last Week's #1 Song: Shawn Mendes – There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
The Countdown
45. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello – Bad Things (#42)
44. Maroon 5 – Don't Wanna Know (#45) [3 Weeks At #1]
43. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd – Starving (#44) [4 Weeks At #1]
42. One Ok Rock – American Girls (#43)
41. Niall Horan – This Town (#40)
40. Aaron Carter – Sooner Or Later (#39)
39. DNCE – Kissing Strangers (#41)
38. The Vamps/Matoma – All Night (#37)
37. Sam Hunt – Body Like A Back Road (#36)
36. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper – I'm The One (#35)
35. MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low (#25)
34. Jason Derulo/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign – Swalla (#31)
33. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson – Just Hold On (#33)
32. Hey Violet – Break My Heart (#34)
31. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos – Slide (#21)
30. Zayn/Taylor Swift – I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#30)
29. Ocean Park Standoff – Good News (#38)
28. Maroon 5 – Cold (#22)
27. Liam Payne/Quavo – Strip That Down (#27)
26. Hailee Steinfeld – Most Girls (#32)
25. Fitz & The Tantrums – HandClap (#24)
24. The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer (#29) [8 Weeks At #1]
23. Shawn Mendes – Mercy (#17)
22. Miley Cyrus – Malibu (#26)
21. Niall Horan – Slow Hands (#20)
20. Train – Play That Song (#19)
19. Selena Gomez – Bad Liar (#28)
18. Harry Styles – Sign Of The Times (#14)
17. Bruno Mars – That's What I Like (#16) [1 Week At #1]
16. Halsey – Now Or Never (#17)
15. Lady Gaga – The Cure (#14)
14. Linkin Park/Kiiara – Heavy (#11)
13. The Chainsmokers – Paris (#10) [1 Week At #1]
12. Charlie Puth – Attention (#12)
11. James Arthur – Say You Won't Let Go (#9)
10. AJR – Weak (#23)
  9. Panic! At The Disco – L.A. Devotee (#18)
  8. Kygo/Selena Gomez – It Ain't Me (#8)
  7. Imagine Dragons – Believer (#4)
  6. Julia Michaels – Issues (#6)
  5. Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You (#7) [9 Weeks At #1]
  4. Shawn Mendes – There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#1) [1 Week At #1]
  3. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay – Something Just Like This (#3) [1 Week At #1]
  2. Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill (#2) [2 Weeks At #1]
  1. Zedd/Alessia Cara – Stay (#5) [3rd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Justin Timberlake – Can't Stop The Feeling

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Tie Between Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos – Slide and MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low (–10)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: AJR – Weak (+13)

Hit-Bound
~ Here is the Hit-Bound list.


  • All Time Low – Good Times
  • Jon Bellion – Overwhelming
  • Carly Rae Jepsen – Cut To The Feeling
  • Camila Cabello – Crying In The Club
  • Erin Bowman – Good Time, Good Life
  • Bruno Mars – Versace On The Floor
  • Paramore – Hard Times
  • Katy Perry/Nicki Minaj – Swish Swish
  • Shawn Hook/Vanessa Hudgens – Reminding Me
  • Julia Michaels – Uh Huh (DEBUT)
  • Imagine Dragons – Thunder
  • Mansionz/G-Eazy – Wicked
  • Noah Cyrus – Stay Together

~ Hooray. Julia Michaels debuts with the follow-up single to Issues, Uh Huh. And guess what? It's even worse! That chorus is probably the cringiest thing I've listened to in a long time. Let me just be straight up right now. Her voice sucks. It legitimately SUCKS!!!! It's so scratchy and just all in all unappealing and unattractive. I can't help but cringe every time I hear the scratchy "Uh Huh!" What also makes this worse than Issues is that it doesn't even have somewhat of a good meaning. I understand why people would like the meaning to Issues because let's face it, everyone has their own issues. But Uh Huh seems like some kind of unattractive sex song that is not relatable, not appealing, not fun, and just not a good song. If I'm being honest, it's a very strange follow-up to Issues. I'll cut it off here, but I will not take it too kindly if this song debuts the countdown.

~ The only good thing that came out of Uh Huh debuting was the departure of Fall Out Boy – Young and Menace. I'm very happy to see this song leave is it was not good at all and a disappointment to Fall Out Boy's discography. Hopefully it's gone for good similar to Lorde – Green Light.


There's Nothing Blurbin' Me Back
~ I'm not too thrilled about the return of Stay to #1. I much prefer There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back and Something Just Like This. Hopefully one of these two songs can regain the #1 spot ideally next week. But you never know how long songs like Stay can remain at #1.

~ We have two entries in the Top 10 this week. Panic! At The Disco – L.A. Devotee returns after a little while of just chillin' in the #11 - #20 area. I'm fine with that one. However, I'm not necessarily okay with AJR – Weak having the Biggest Jump of the Week up to #10. This song isn't even worse being in the Top 20, let alone the Top 10.

~ I'm also not okay with Selena Gomez – Bad Liar being in the Top 20. Of course, because this is a new Selena Gomez song, it'll probably stay obnoxiously long like Hands To Myself. One can only hope it can go more towards the path of Good For You or Kill Em With Kindness where it doesn't actually become a huge hit.

~ Yet while we're getting songs like Bad Liar in the Top 20, Miley Cyrus – Malibu isn't moving as much as I would like it too. This is a song that's more deserving of being in the Top 20. Hopefully it can get there soon.

~ It seems as though the life of Maroon 5 – Cold is beginning to die out. However, this hasn't been a song where you could expect what would happen. It's been jumping and dropping quite a bit within the past month or two. Next week, I can see this song either jumping back into the Top 20 or falling out of the Top 30.

~ Zayn/Taylor Swift – I Don't Wanna Live Forever has been hanging around the same three spots for the longest time. I don't know anyone that can possibly still enjoy this song. It's been here much longer than it should've been and it's time to let it go.

~ And just like Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos – Slide falls out of the Top 30. It's mind-blowing because this is a very well-produced track that ended up not getting as big as the very poorly produced This Is What You Came For. Quite sad if you ask me.

~ Hey Violet – Break My Heart barely jumped this week, so that's good. And Body Like A Back Road actually dropped, which is also good. Hopefully both of these songs end up flopping on here and will leave soon.

~ I'm still working on getting some posts out regarding America's Got Talent. At the same time, I'm also working on all my Hit 45 Chart posts that I'm behind on. So again, bear with me on these things. They'll get done eventually.


Top 20 Review
0 – Crap:
20. AJR – Weak
19. Selena Gomez – Bad Liar
18. Julia Michaels – Issues
17. Bruno Mars – That's What I Like

1 – Bad:
16. Halsey – Now Or Never
15. Imagine Dragons – Believer

2 – Mediocre:
NONE

3 – Decent:
14. Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You
13. Zedd/Alessia Cara – Stay

4 – Good:
NONE

5 – Great:
12. James Arthur – Say You Won't Let Go
11. Train – Play That Song
10. Linkin Park/Kiiara – Heavy
9. Panic! At The Disco – L.A. Devotee
8. Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill
7. Kygo/Selena Gomez – It Ain't Me
6. Harry Styles – Sign Of The Times
5. Charlie Puth – Attention
4. The Chainsmokers – Paris
3. Shawn Mendes – There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
2. Lady Gaga – The Cure

BONUS: 6 – Best Song On The Countdown:
1. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay – Something Just Like This

Total Score: 69/100 = 69% (D+)


Throwback Pick Of The Week: Santana/Rob Thomas – Smooth

Most Missed Countdown Song: Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen – Good Time

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber – Despacito (There's no other new good songs to recommend)

Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: Mike Posner/SeeB – I Took A Pill In Ibiza


My Top 5 Picks
1. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay – Something Just Like This
2. Miley Cyrus – Malibu
3. Lady Gaga – The Cure
4. Aaron Carter – Sooner Or Later
5. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos – Slide

81 comments:

  1. Why is cold mercy and hand clap in pink?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And why is stay and shape of you in blue?

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1 recommendation for hits 1: Ed Sheeran- Galway girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I may have said in another post, Uh Huh has the potential to be orange on my blog should it debut on the countdown. But with songs such as Body Like A Back Road, Don't Wanna Know, and Play That Song still here, it probably won't happen anytime soon. Also, if I'm being honest, we're still halfway through the year which means there may be an even worse song that comes along. Despite me losing interest in Issues, I still kinda like it (even though you don't feel the same). But yeah, I just cannot like her new single. I'm sorry. Unfortunately, it'll probably find a way to get as popular as Issues, that which I don't want to see.

    Speaking of losing interest, I see you're starting to fade on many songs here, in particular Stay, Shape Of You, HandClap, Mercy, etc. the latter which I thought was going to stick with you for a long time since you're a huge fan of Shawn Mendes and all. I also see you're losing interest in Most Girls just as I was starting to grow into it. But unlike the first three songs I just mentioned, I can't really see Most Girls sticking with me either, even though I like the message. And yes, I'm ready for IDWLF and Cold to die out.

    No worries, Adrian. Bad Liar is closer to red than it is to green. It'l probably be there within the next week or so. Same with Strip That Down, albeit slowly.

    Speaking of red, I don't think I mentioned this before, but can you explain what's so bad about both Crying In The Club & Lorde - Green Light?

    And finally, just to give you the heads up, I've got a couple of things I plan on posting, including my review of this year's Billboard Music Awards, which I'll get to sometime this week.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite telling, honestly - seven songs that were in green on last week's page turned blue or pink here. Dang.

      Delete
    2. Yes he is a Shawn Mendes fan but the songs from Shawn Mendes tend to get old quickly for him like stitches IKWYDLS treat you better etc but after they leave he grows back into them

      Delete
  5. Nice to see Stay Together NOT in orange

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun Fact: Noah is actually younger than me.

      Delete
  6. I think you're making a lot of us very happy with that throwback pick. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually, Adrian, I do want to know your thoughts on Smooth, especially since you picked it as your throwback pick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "10. AJR – Weak (#24)"
    "AJR – Weak (+14)"

    It should be #23 instead of #24 and +13 instead of +14.

    ReplyDelete
  9. New T45 is OUT! Check it out belowww;)

    http://hiits1weekendcountdown.blogspot.com/2017/06/t45-mania-61217.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know how Fall Out Boy can come out of the studio and say: hey this sounds good. Goodbye, Young and Menace!!


    In other news, what do people think of French Montana/Swae Lee - Unforgettable

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here is this week's Billboard Hot 100 so far:

    1. Despacito
    2. That's What I Like
    3. I'm The One
    4. Shape Of You
    5. Humble
    6. Mask Off
    7. XO TOUR Llif3
    8. Something Just Like This
    9. Stay
    10. Congratulations
    11. Say You Won't Let Go
    13. Believer
    16. Redbone
    18. There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
    23. Castle On The Hill
    28. Slow Hands
    42. Down (DEBUT)
    45. Bad Liar
    46. The Cure
    51. Strip That Down
    53. To The Max (DEBUT)
    56. Crying In The Club

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of course young and menace leaves when I'm starting to get into it

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bad News:
    I've checked DSR and there was a lack of HitBound music playing. They've played a lot of songs that were no longer on Hits 1. These songs include Cheerleader, Uptown Funk, Wildest Dreams, & many more. I don't wanna see another no exit week but that does increase the chance of June 24 having 6+ exits. You know, weeks without new entrants to talk about is a boring week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Hits 1 is running out of new songs to debut Hit-Bound. Could be why Hit-Bound now has 13 songs.

      Also two weeks in a row without exits? That sucks.

      Delete
    2. Relax. June 24 may actually be the 1st 7 exit week since October 24, 2015.

      Delete
    3. Because of 2 no exit weeks in a row, you shouldn't doubt that there's gonna be 7 exits next week unless AirPlay isn't enough for a 7 exit week.

      Delete
    4. And Despacito is in Hits 1.

      Delete
    5. With the lack of hitbound music playing that you mentioned last week and the songs they played that were no longer on hits 1 were they mostly songs from 2015 because wildest dreams cheerleader and uptown funk were 2015 hits and did they also play thinking out loud on hits 1 last week?

      Delete
  14. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: David Guetta/Justin Bieber - 2U

    ReplyDelete
  15. What the heck?! Fall Out Boy - Young & Menace left Hit Bound and never got the privilege to be announced by Spyder Harrison on the weekend countdown?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Replies
    1. Lol...way to be late. :P

      Delete
    2. Talking about the song. Not your comment.

      Delete
    3. What's weird is that this songs won't debut HitBound this week.

      Delete
  17. New post is out! It's a really good post, so I suggest you check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. There's nothing holdin' me back >

    Treat You Better
    Stitches
    IKWYDLS
    Something Big

    ReplyDelete
  19. Last day of school for me is the 22nd which means that I will be a high school senior.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh no! Break My Heart decelerated in spins.

    ReplyDelete
  21. And so to Kissing Strangers. I expect more really short tenured songs.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Songs Hits 1 is missing:

    I Have Questions- CAMILA CABELLO (even though it isn't a single, I LOVE it!)
    Young- The CHAINSMOKERS (same as above)
    No Promises- CHEAT CODES/DEMI LOVATO
    2U- DAVID GUETTA/JUSTIN BIEBER
    Cool- DAYA
    Passionfruit- DRAKE
    Galway Girl- ED SHEERAN (same as Camila & Chainsmokers)
    Down- FIFTH HARMONY/GUCCI MANE
    Humble- KENDRICK LAMAR
    First Time- KYGO/ELLIE GOULDING
    1-800-273-8255- LOGIC/ALESSIA CARA/KHALID
    Look At Us Now- LOST KINGS/ALLY BROOKE/A$AP FERG
    Know No Better- MAJOR LAZER/TRAVIS SCOTT/CAMILA CABELLO/QUAVO
    Remember I Told You- NICK JONAS/ANNE-MARIE/MIKE POSNER
    Yellow Light- PHARRELL WILLIAMS
    Congratulations- POST MALONE/QUAVO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Camilla Cabello cannot sing!

      No

      No

      Meh

      Kind of

      Yes

      This actually is a single!

      No

      Yes

      Yes

      No thanks

      NO!

      No

      No

      Never heard it, never will care.

      FUCK YOU!

      Delete
    2. Galway Girl is going to dobut HitBound accordingly to Twitter.

      Delete
    3. And I actually can think that Camila Cabello can sing. One of the artists who can't sing is Noah Cyrus.

      Delete
    4. Is it wrong that I laughed at that "FUCK YOU!" there?

      Delete
  23. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJReWSdVL_o

    So here's a video that I think proved to be a rather interesting watch, even if Miles and Montavis (or maybe Graham) will be the only ones to recognize most of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not gonna lie but why would people act actually like different people when they're singing. It would've been better if they acted like that in a play.

      Delete
  24. NEW MUSIC ALERT: Steve Aoki/Lil Yachty/Migos - Night Call

    This is AWESOME! You have to go listen to it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hits 1 just tweeted out the Hitbound entrants and they are:
    Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl
    Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious
    Andy Grammer - Give Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love the first 2.

      Delete
    2. Give Love? Really? I heard it on The Pulse and it isn't that good...

      Delete
  26. What are your weekend countdown predictions for 6/18/17?

    ReplyDelete
  27. HitBound this week may actually go back to 14 songs because 3 songs entered HitBound this week.

    ReplyDelete
  28. My weekend countdown predictions for 6/18/17:

    Exits:
    This Town
    Bad Things
    I Don't Wanna Live Forever
    Don't Wanna Know
    Starving
    Break My Heart

    Entrants:
    Good Time Good Life
    Wicked
    Overwhelming
    Cut To The Feeling
    Hard Times
    Swish Swish

    #1: Something Just Like This

    Biggest Drop: Closer

    Biggest Jump: Slide

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are not going to have that many exits this week.

      Delete
    2. Heh, well this would turn out to be wrong in the most spectacular of fashion :P Except the #1, thankfully.

      Delete
  29. I hate it when DSR says, "A database connection error has occurred! localhost - dsrschedule."

    ReplyDelete
  30. GTGL left HitBound but it probably did that to debut next week.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lets give Stressed Out 1billion views before josh's birthday in tow days!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I can pretty much garuntee you that Coldplay – All I Can Think About Is You will be one of Adrian's top 5 songs of the year if it makes the countdown.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Also, when I was listening to Hit Bound, I heard Good Time Good Life, Overwhelming and Wicked all left it and never got the privilege to be announced by Spyder Harrison on the weekend countdown. I'm very disappointed about that. At least we got Galway Girl, Glorious and Give Love. They are all amazing songs.

    ReplyDelete
  34. And of course, I can't wait to see Adrian's reaction to Something Just Like This back at #1 this week!

    ReplyDelete
  35. So, Todd in the Shadows just reviewed Something Just Like This.

    I'm kind of scared to watch it. Even though he said that he liked Roses in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I heard Despacito on Hits 1. Hopefully it debuts the countdown next week and never make it on Hit Bound.

    ReplyDelete
  37. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY_K_DJ2mvI

    Interesting pick here for this year's Song of the Summer. Also the #2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How are #10 and #5 even possible? Those songs flopped months ago.

      Delete
  38. Hey guys! The June 3 edition of the Hot 45 Chart was just released. Enjoy! Link below.

    http://hotfortyfive.blogspot.com/2017/06/week-of-june-3-2017.html

    ReplyDelete
  39. I commented this 6 months ago today:

    "I should have mentioned this yesterday, but new music alert and possible future hit: AJR - Weak




    This is slowly climbing up the global Spotify chart, and I should also mention that this is also quite good. And finally it's a song by the group that doesn't start with the letter I."

    ReplyDelete
  40. Also, I'm very angry that Hey Violet - Break My Heart has entered the top 30 on the weekend countdown. If it enters the top 20, I will be very mad about it. That song has to get out of here!

    ReplyDelete
  41. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Ed Sheeran - Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  42. wth Let It Go (frozen) has the 45th most views of all time for a music video

    ReplyDelete