Monday, May 29, 2017

The Chainsmokers (1) – Week Of May 27, 2017

Due to Spyder Harrison being out on vacation in Italy, Kid Kelly hosted the countdown yet again. Hopefully everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend! I spent the entire weekend out and about. If it weren't for that, I would've actually gotten this post out sooner. Anyway, some interesting things happened this week. We have a fantastic new #1 song, which I'm thrilled about! Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.

  • G-Eazy/Kehlani – Good Life (#36)
  • Katy Perry/Skip Marley – Chained To The Rhythm (#43)

Last Week's #1 Song: Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill
The Countdown
45. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello – Bad Things (#42)
44. Maroon 5 – Don't Wanna Know (#37) [3 Weeks At #1]
43. The Weeknd/Daft Punk – I Feel It Coming (#45)
42. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd – Starving (#41) [4 Weeks At #1]
41. Zayn/PartyNextDoor – Still Got Time (#38)
40. Niall Horan – This Town (#44)
39. Aaron Carter – Sooner Or Later (#40)
38. One Ok Rock – American Girls (#39)
37. The Vamps/Matoma – All Night (#22)
36. DNCE – Kissing Strangers (#33)
35. Liam Payne/Quavo – Strip That Down (DEBUT)
34. Twenty One Pilots – Heavydirtysoul (#35)
33. Machine Gun Kelly/Hailee Steinfeld – At My Best (#31)
32. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson – Just Hold On (#32)
31. The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer (#29) [8 Weeks At #1]
30. Miley Cyrus – Malibu (DEBUT)
29. Zayn/Taylor Swift – I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#30)
28. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie – Rockabye (#25)
27. MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low (#28)
26. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper – I'm The One (#23)
25. Train – Play That Song (#19)
24. AJR – Weak (#18)
23. Fitz & The Tantrums – HandClap (#21)
22. Jason Derulo/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign – Swalla (#34)
21. Niall Horan – Slow Hands (#16)
20. Maroon 5 – Cold (#27)
19. The Chainsmokers – Paris (#9) [1 Week At #1]
18. Panic! At The Disco – L.A. Devotee (#12)
17. Shawn Mendes – Mercy (#26)
16. Halsey – Now Or Never (#14)
15. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos – Slide (#15)
14. Harry Styles – Sign Of The Times (#24)
13. Lady Gaga – The Cure (#13)
12. James Arthur – Say You Won't Let Go (#10)
11. Bruno Mars – That's What I Like (#17) [1 Week At #1]
10. Charlie Puth – Attention (#20)
  9. Linkin Park/Kiiara – Heavy (#7)
  8. Julia Michaels – Issues (#8)
  7. Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You (#3) [9 Weeks At #1]
  6. Kygo/Selena Gomez – It Ain't Me (#6)
  5. Imagine Dragons – Believer (#5)
  4. Shawn Mendes – There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#11)
  3. Zedd/Alessia Cara – Stay (#2) [2 Weeks At #1]
  2. Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill (#1) [2 Weeks At #1]
  1. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay – Something Just Like This (#4) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Taylor Swift – New Romantics

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: The Vamps/Matoma – All Night (–15)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Jason Derulo/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign – Swalla (+12)

New Entrants
~ First up, we have our final member of One Direction branching out with his debut single. It's Liam Payne with Strip That Down. Now that he's on the countdown, each member of One Direction is currently on the countdown. If I'm being honest here, out of all the debut singles from our One Direction members, Liam's debut is the weakest. There's really nothing interesting to it. It's just slightly more interesting than your typical rap song. Here's how I view the One Direction members and their solo singles. Harry and Niall are really the two talented members with fantastic vocal performances, well-produced tracks, and great acoustics. They seem to care more about their music. Liam and Zayn seem to be under the impression that because they're from One Direction and because they're hot, they can just produce anything and it'll get popular. They don't seem to care as much about their music as they do about their image. I can't really say anything about Louis until we get more music from him. I'd like to think he'll be more like Harry and Niall. But that's how I view them. Strip That Down and other songs like Sign Of The Times, This Town, and Still Got Time are clear evidence currently on the countdown. While Strip That Down may be blue right now, it is very close to red.

~ Next we have the return of Miley Cyrus with Malibu. Her career has pretty much been all over the place these past several years. Starting off as Hannah Montana with some pretty good songs such as The Climb, she was doing pretty good. Then she fell apart when we got Bangerz with songs like We Can't Stop and she continued to fall to an all time low with Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz. Now she seems to be rebuilding herself with the release of Malibu. I can't see her ever performing this song half-naked, so that's an improvement. And she really showcases her voice in this one as opposed to her other songs where her voice was lost in the production. There's great improvement as far as lyrical and musical content go. At first, I thought the song was simply a good song. But it's good to think about where Miley Cyrus came from with her past music. After thinking about that and giving the song more listens, I've come to realize that it is her best song in the long time. I hope this does well because she deserves to be recognized for how much she has improved with her music.


Hit-Bound
~ Here is the Hit-Bound list:

  • Sam Hunt – Body Like A Back Road
  • Hailee Steinfeld – Most Girls
  • Jon Bellion – Overwhelming
  • Camila Cabello – Crying In The Club
  • Hey Violet – Break My Heart
  • Katy Perry/Nicki Minaj – Swish Swish
  • Ocean Park Standoff – Good News
  • Selena Gomez – Bad Liar
  • Erin Bowman – Good Time Good Life
  • Fall Out Boy – Young & Menace
  • Noah Cyrus – Stay Together
  • Mansionz/G-Eazy – Wicked
  • Bruno Mars – Versace On The Floor (RE-ENTRY)

~ If I'm being honest, Versace On The Floor is a song that I could probably manage to come around to. I'm sure it would be appreciated by the die-hard Bruno Mars fans that cringe every time I rant about him. But I can't make any promises.

~ Remember what I said last week about Katy Perry's music starting to become questionable? Yeah scratch that. Swish Swish is a really fun song and with only a couple more listens, it quickly became one of my favorites right now.


Maliblurb
~ Our new #1 song this week is greatly appreciated by me. It's been a while since the best song on the countdown achieved the #1 spot and I'm glad Something Just Like This managed to do it. Hopefully this song is there to stay for a few weeks longer at the very least. Congrats The Chainsmokers and Coldplay!

~ It was only a matter of time until Shawn Mendes would jump into the Top 10 with There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back. I do really like this song so I am happy about this jump. However, I would appreciate it if it doesn't stay ridiculously long.

~ Charlie Puth – Attention is also now in the Top 10. For now, I'm okay with this. It is a good song, so I don't really mind. As long as it doesn't get too overrated, I don't care how long this song stays.

~ Of course Harry Styles was destined to jump into the Top 20 with Sign Of The Times. I can guarantee this song will be in the Top 10 sometime within the next few weeks.

~ Almost all of last week's debuts are not having a very good week this week. The only song that actually jumped was Jason Derulo/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign – Swalla, jumping up to #22. I am pleased with this. But I'm still questioning whether or not this song will actually do well. For some reason, I feel like it's not going to last very long. That's just how I feel. Hopefully I'm wrong.

~ I just heard DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper – I'm The One on Hits 1 for the first time this week. I didn't realize how short this song is with two of our rappers being cut out. The song literally only has one verse. It's actually quite funny. But it's not like those other two verses really did anything for the song.

~ DNCE – Kissing Strangers and Zayn/PartyNextDoor – Still Got Time both seem to have second-week drops. Neither of these are really that popular right now, so I don't think they'll last very long. It'd be nice if we got Still Got Time out as soon as possible. Meanwhile, Kissing Strangers will likely become the next Body Moves. DNCE just can't seem to have another hit after Cake By The Ocean.

~ Of course we had two good songs depart this week. G-Eazy/Kehlani – Good Life currently holds the award for Most Hysterically Short Tenure of the year lasting only one week. Very unfortunate because it was a really good song. Hopefully it'll be able to make it on to my Top 45 Songs of 2017, but I can't be sure about it as we still have another half of the year to go. Chained To The Rhythm never ended up being the massive hit I wanted it to be. I was hoping it would be the real big Katy Perry comeback. Guess not. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted. But by this point, I've already listened to it more times than I should.

~ I'm still trying to catch up on my Hit 45 Chart posts. So hopefully I'll start to get those out soon, hopefully this week. Also, expect a post sometime this week regarding America's Got Talent and how I will go about reviewing the show as the season progresses. It should flow very similarly to how I did it last year. So that should be coming this week.


Top 20 Review
0 – Crap:
20. Julia Michaels – Issues
19. Bruno Mars – That's What I Like

1 – Bad:
18. Imagine Dragons – Believer
17. Halsey – Now Or Never

2 – Mediocre:
NONE

3 – Decent:
NONE

4 – Good:
NONE

5 – Great:
16. Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You
15. Shawn Mendes – Mercy
14. Maroon 5 – Cold
13. James Arthur – Say You Won't Let Go
12. Linkin Park/Kiiara – Heavy
11. Zedd/Alessia Cara – Stay
10. Panic! At The Disco – L.A. Devotee
9. Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill
8. Harry Styles – Sign Of The Times
7. Charlie Puth – Attention
6. Kygo/Selena Gomez – It Ain't Me
5. The Chainsmokers – Paris
4. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos – Slide
3. Shawn Mendes – There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
2. Lady Gaga – The Cure

BONUS: 6 – Best Song On The Countdown:
1. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay – Something Just Like This (+2 extra points for being #1)

Total Score: 85/100 = 85% (B)


Throwback Pick Of The Week: Ricky Martin – Livin' La Vida Loca

Most Missed Countdown Song: Havana Brown/Pitbull – We Run The Night

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Carly Rae Jepsen – Cut To The Feeling (this song is fantastic)

Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: P!nk – Just Like Fire


My Top 5 Picks
1. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay – Something Just Like This
2. Lady Gaga – The Cure
3. The Weeknd/Daft Punk – I Feel It Coming
4. Aaron Carter – Sooner Or Later
5. Miley Cyrus – Malibu

118 comments:

  1. The last time we had a one week tenure was in late 2014 this is insane that we haven't had a one week tenure song for 3 years

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last time you had a #1 song in purple was The Chainsmokers/Hasley Closer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice throwback back pick to the Latin explosion of the late 90s.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Top 5 Picks:
    1) Slow Hands- Niall Horan
    2) Attention- Charlie Puth
    3) Now or Never- Halsey
    4) I'm The One- DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance The Rapper/Lil Wayne
    5) Strip That Down- Liam Payne/Quavo

    Top 5 For The Countdown and Hit-Bound:
    1) Crying In The Club- Camila Cabello
    2) Slow Hands- Niall Horan
    3) Attention- Charlie Puth
    4) I'm The One- DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance The Rapper/Lil Wayne
    5) Body Like A Back Road- Sam Hunt

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. i asked this earlier, but then Adrian did a new post: Is everyone out of school yet? last year i started on August 11th and i ended on May 24th.

    2. What is everyone doing for summer break? i am going to Budapest for a month to see relatives. I am also going to my grandparents in maryland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. I've been out of school for a week.

      2. We have hockey right now, and we're planning on going to downtown Nashville to a Predators viewing party sometime. I'm hyped for that. After that I just have basketball and hockey camps I'm going to.

      Delete
    2. I don't get out till the end of June.

      Delete
    3. 1. I've said this before, but I get out on the 9th.

      2. I don't know. Also the Pittsburgh Penguins are better than the Nashville Predators.

      Delete
    4. 1. I got out last week

      2. I am going to NYC, Washington DC and Hawaii.

      Delete
    5. For summer break last weekend I went to the AZ Grand then I'm going to Puerto Rico to see grandparents and cousins Miami Florida and Dallas Texas

      Delete
    6. I get out on the 20th of june

      Delete
    7. I get out on Friday, June 16. That's when finals end.

      Delete
    8. I get out on the 9th like Miles.

      Delete
  6. We have the same recommendation and I agree, it's amazing! And really sorry for asking because I hate to put pressure on you, but do you know if you're doing the 900k and 1m page view specials? And do you plan to review the Billboard Music Awards? It's fine if you can't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'll be able to review the Billboard Music Awards unfortunately. The most I can do is run down each performance with a rating, which I may consider doing, but it's not too likely.

      I do plan to get the 900K and 1M pageview specials out sometime this summer. Then from there I probably won't do another special until 1.5M, then 2M, etc. It saves some work on my end. Plus, this blog gets a lot of pageviews really quickly nowadays anyway. It won't take as long to get to 2M as it did to get to 1M. So that's my plan right now. It may change. We'll see.

      Delete
  7. Good Time Good Life Just played

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Break My Heart just played.

      Delete
    2. In before Adrian un-celebrates.

      Delete
    3. HandClap played a few minutes ago.

      Delete
    4. In before Daniel/WAMB10/Sasha/Lukas un-celebrates.

      Delete
    5. Adrian also uncelebrates with Bad Liar airing a few times.

      Delete
    6. Also heard Overwhelming and Most Girls.

      Delete
    7. I heard Break my heart 4 times yesterday

      Delete
    8. Break my heart is playing again. Adrian will be pissed.

      Delete
    9. @Hollow man you notice i don't even care about hits 1

      Delete
  8. BBH:

    1. Despacito
    2. TWIL
    3. I'm the One
    4. Humble
    5. SOY (makes history)
    6. Mask Off (**** you America)
    7. Stay
    8. SJLT
    9. XO TOUR Llif3
    10. It Ain't Me
    11. Issues
    15. Believer
    19. ICYDK
    27. Bad Liar
    42. Strip That Down
    43. Deja Vu
    46. Swish Swish
    47. CITC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully Mask Off can get back in the top 5 and XO TOUR Llif3 can get a new peak.

      Delete
    2. For most weeks in top 5? I saw that!

      I'm kind of surprised I'm The One and TWIL didn't switch spots.

      I expected Mask Off to drop and XO Tour Llif3 to leave the top 10.

      Out of all the country songs that could've made the top 20, ICYDK is probably the most awkward.

      And here's some more Hot 100:

      100. Any Ol' Barstool (–9)
      77. Most Girls (--)
      74. No Promises (+21)
      50. Heavy (+4)

      Delete
    3. At the start, so SOY is probably going to make the GOAT chart.

      Perhaps they're really close at this point.

      I did though, but unfortunately the former didn't happen. I want XO TOUR Llif3 to stay though.

      I think we all thought the same thing for BLABR. And yes, that is very awkward.

      Good to know.

      Delete
    4. Let's get Issues in the top 10 next week.

      Let's get I'm the One higher than That's What I Like.

      Let's get Malibu back in the top 10.

      Let's hope Shape of You can stay exactly 29 weeks in the top 5 and exactly 43 weeks in the top 10, and exactly 112 weeks on the chart (none of those are going to happen, unfortunately).

      And let's get CITC in the top 20 soon.

      Delete
  9. #1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Xxxtentacion - I Don't Wanna Do This Anymore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Xxxtentacion - Look At Me!

      Delete
    2. That too. But I'm starting to get a tiny bit tired of it, so I recommended IDWDTA because it's fresh and new.

      Delete
    3. Xxxtentacion is likely never going to be on Hits 1...

      Delete
    4. Cant keep my D**k in my pants

      Delete
  10. You must really dislike Bruno Mars. I'm not a huge fan of him either, and neither is Lukas, but we can all agree that Bruno Mars back then was better than now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of YouTube critics will disagree with you there. Just saying :P

      Delete
    2. Especially since his 2010-2012 years were him trying way too hard, sounded very pissy and whiny, and was basically what Shawn Mendes was with TYB a nice guy anthem. At least LOOH was great.

      Delete
  11. DON'T...PUSH...THIS BUTTON. Because that'll stop the music, and Hits 1 won't work anymore. Now, repeat back what I just said.
    I am Groot.
    NO! That's the button that'll stop the music!
    I am Groot...
    Uh-huh.
    I am Groot.
    NO!!!

    I don't know exactly if that's how it goes, but the point is that even Hits 1 realizes that Baby Groot > all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We Run The Night left too long ago to be a Most Missed Song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I consider any song from 2012 to be eligible to be a most missed song.

      Delete
  13. Off The Voting List: (One of the songs may still be on but I'm just looking extra fast.)
    I'm The One
    Rockabye
    HeavyDirtySoul
    American Girls
    Still Got Time
    I Feel It Coming

    No joke, this could be a 7 exit week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I'm the One leaves this week, I'll be shocked.

      Delete
    2. WAMB10: American Girls is still on there. You're right about the other five.

      .: I'm The One leaving us so soon would indeed be shocking considering it's one of the biggest songs at the moment. But of course, Hits 1 doesn't really like hip hop.

      Delete
    3. Of course this has to be the week I'm on vacation… Quite fascinating, though.

      Delete
    4. As Adrian mentioned, Im the one is shorter than normal and thats probably why it may flop

      Delete
  14. American Girls is still here at At My Best is sadly off.

    ReplyDelete
  15. New post is out:

    http://billboardtopfortypopsongs.blogspot.com/2017/05/zedd-alessia-cara-1-week-of-june-10-2017.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've got bad news for some: I heard Break My Heart and Bad Liar a couple of times today so they're likely gonna debut this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. One more thing: I've just listened to Crying In The Club as Ear Poppin' Music so I see it debuting this weekend also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We may actually have 7 exits this week and I'm so excited.

      Delete
  18. http://cicabeot1.blogspot.com/2017/05/billboard-hot-100-highlights-june-10th.html

    Apparently this guy likes Weak. In before WAMB10/Adrian disapproves.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Possible debuts (based on the survey): Most Girls; Good News; Bad Liar; Body Like A Back Road; Break My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also heard 24K Magic yesterday evening. Any chance of a re-entry there? (I know that Adrian, WAMB10 and Graham would all probably lose their minds if that were to happen haha)

      Delete
    2. You can add Crying In The Club and maybe Overwhelming to the list as well.

      Delete
  20. can someone tell me the BAPC 40 for this week because mine doesn't have it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try on a mobile device, because when I was looking up the Hot Rap Songs Chart, it showed up on my phone but not my laptop.

      Delete
  21. New music alert: Miracle by Amelia Airhorn

    Apparently these guys are a duo of The Knocks and Skylar Spence, which Billboard just spoke of premiering their new song there. I don't think this will be a hit, but I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Predictions For June 3, 2017
    Exits:
    Rockabye
    I Feel It Coming
    HeavyDirtySoul
    At My Best
    I'm The One
    Still Got Time

    Entrants:
    Crying In The Club
    Bad Liar
    Body Like A Back Road
    Most Girls
    Break My Heart
    Good News

    7 HitBound entrants.

    I'll be telling the rest later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Half of those potential exits are songs I really like, two I'd much rather see go, and one that would be very odd to see off so soon given how well it's doing on Billboard right about now.

      Delete
  23. You know what? I like Break My Heart. And I feel like if it weren't for that shrill part of the drop that I feel like kind of takes from In The Name Of Love, it wouldn't be as hated. That being said, the other part of the drop kinda reminds me of The Chainsmokers.

    Also, fuck Starving. And Don't Wanna Know. Weekly reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Um...guys...I think Chase hacked into someone's account...

    ReplyDelete
  25. New music alert: Uh Huh by Julia Michaels










    Yeah, I don't like it. Unlike Issues, which at least had those funny bad vocals, this doesn't even have that.

    Twitter user T3chJ3t said the song actually offended him in that he felt like it was her trying to be Ke$ha (who he's a stan for), and it's his new least favorite song of the year. And seeing as he's loathed this year so far (at least the charts) give or take a few songs, that's a pretty bad sign.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, I'm The One is in the Wutchuwant Countdown!

    ReplyDelete
  27. But it'll probably leave. I remember that when Red Dress left HitBound, 2 days before it was on the Wutchuwant Countdown.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good Time Good Life may debut and I really like that song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I really want Good Time Good Life to debut the countdown. Hopefully it will debut on the weekend countdown this week.

      Delete
  29. So, although I kinda zoned out and forgot new entry reviews, late countdown post: http://sxmh1wc.blogspot.com/2017/06/may-27-2017-chainsmokers-coldplay-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  30. Predictions For June 3, 2017
    Exits:
    I'm The One
    Rockabye
    At My Best
    HeavyDirtySoul
    Still Got Time
    I Feel It Coming

    Entrants:
    Swish Swish
    Break My Heart
    Body Like A Back Road
    Good News
    Most Girls
    Bad Liar

    HitBound Entrants:
    Last Young Renegade
    Uh Huh
    Rollin
    Symphony
    Despacito
    Scared To Be Lonely
    No Promises

    #1: Believer

    Biggest Drop: Slide

    Biggest Jump: Strip That Down

    ReplyDelete
  31. For . and Parker Scott will be pleased that James Arthur's #1 tenure was short living.

    ReplyDelete
  32. So, nobody has posted any part of the countdown yet from what I've seen, but the #1 was just revealed. It is, spoilers...




























    There's Nothing Holding Me Back by Shawn Mendes. Very interesting, that one did not take long at all to reach the top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait what? I've only heard OF that song maybe once or twice.

      Delete
    2. Maybe you should actually listen to more pop and less rap then Parker.

      Delete
  33. Exits:
    x28. Rockabye
    x33. At My Best {Nooooooo!!!!!!!}
    x34. Heavydirtysoul
    x41. Still Got Time {YAAAAAASSSSS!!!!!!!}
    x43. I Feel It Coming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All but the last two deserved to go.

      Delete
    2. Good riddance to At My Best. Still Got Time won't be missed by me. Sad about the other three.

      Delete
    3. By the way, I said AMB deserves to go because it flopped already and there's no reason for it to be here. But I do love the song.

      Delete
  34. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BDRE7tO0ZsE
    My favorite ride in Disneyland is Space Mountain and it was put as the most deadliest Disney ride.

    ReplyDelete
  35. BBH100 with blurbs is now out.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Last weekend's countdown post is now out! Enjoy'

    ReplyDelete
  37. Adrian, what are your thoughts on the following songs?

    Human- Rag'N'Bone Man
    Gyalchester- Drake
    Privacy- Chris Brown
    Look At Me- XXXTENTACION
    Swang- Rae Sremmurd
    Tunnel Vision- Kodak Black
    Passionfruit- Drake
    Unforgettable- French Montana/Swae Lee
    Redbone- Childish Gambino
    iSpy- KYLE/Lil Yatchy
    DNA- Kendrick Lamar
    Mask Off- Future
    HUMBLE- Kendrick Lamar
    Congratulations- Post Malone/Quavo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only ones of those I could see him liking are Human and Passionfruit, Redbone, and of course, the Kendrick songs. And maybe iSpy. The others I'm sure he'll be in the same boat as you and I.

      Delete
    2. Mine:

      Human- Cool, catchy song. (9/10)
      Gyalchester- ^
      Privacy- It's actually really good! (9.5/10)
      Look At Me- It's still really good, but I Don't Wanna Do This Anymore, Revenge, and What In XXXTarnation are better. (9.5/10)
      Swang- Ew! (0.5/10)
      Tunnel Vision- Still in love! (10/10)
      Passionfruit- It's okay. (5/10)
      Unforgettable- Good summer jam! (10/10)
      Redbone- No. (2/10)
      DNA- Awesome song! (10/10)
      Mask Off- Fading on me. (9.5/10)
      Humble- ^
      Congratulations- Still really good! Can't get enough of Quavo! (10/10)

      Adrian, what about you?

      Delete
    3. There's a reason I asked ADRIAN and not PARKER.

      Delete
    4. Human - 9.5/10
      Gyalchester - 2/10
      Privacy - 6/10
      Look At Me - 0/10 (is this even music?)
      Swang - 1/10
      Tunnel Vision - 1.5/10
      Passionfruit - 7.5/10 (I was quite impressed with this one.)
      Unforgettable - 5/10 (not as bad as the others)
      Redbone - 2/10
      iSpy - 3/10
      DNA - 6/10
      Mask Off - 0.5/10 (I went into this with extremely low expectations and it still sucked.)
      Humble - 7/10
      Congratulations - 1.5/10

      - Adrian Carrazco

      Delete
    5. So I was right on Human, Passionfruit and basically all the rap (except DNA). Though I was wrong on Redbone.

      And 0/10 huh? Seems like your worst song of the year is a foregone conclusion. :P Or bottom 5 at best. I'm in that same boat with you and REALLY hope it misses the Year-End list.

      Delete
    6. Adrian: Yes, Look At Me is music. What else do you think it is?

      Miles: But that doesn't mean I still can't answer. I even skipped a certain song for a good reason.

      Delete
    7. I was not expecting Human to be that high, or Privacy to be more than 5.

      I wouldn't be surprised to see Look At Me at #1 for worst of 2017.

      I was expecting Passionfruit to be a little higher though.

      I was expecting you to somewhat kind of like iSpy, but I guess I was wrong.

      With the Kendrick songs I also thought you would have liked them a little more though, especially DNA.

      Other than that most of it fell in line with my predictions.

      Delete
    8. No, it's not music, it's shit is what it is. You do realize you are literally the only one who will defend shitty rap around here, while the rest of us will openly criticize it. Maybe you should do us a favor, and actually pay attention as to why me, Scott, Graham and Adrian openly criticize shit like Look At Me and Tunnel Vision. And maybe you should know why we also enjoy stuff like Shape Of You and Rockabye, while you remain against it.

      Delete
    9. Look at Me can be classified as a song, but it's quite a stupid and meaningless song. Shame on me for actually enjoying it back in March, and it was this close to debuting my personal chart.

      But if Parker likes it, that's fine with me. It's his opinion and it's not right or wrong. In fact, it's kind of unique to see here that there's someone whose tastes in music are different from us.

      Delete
    10. Humble is one of the boys dance song in our grade's dance routine this year but I quit so I'm not doing it like I did last year.

      Delete
    11. I'll rate them:

      Human- Rag'N'Bone Man (2-10)
      Gyalchester- Drake (3-10)
      Privacy- Chris Brown (2.5-10)
      Look At Me- XXXTENTACION (1-10)
      Swang- Rae Sremmurd (1-10)
      Tunnel Vision- Kodak Black (1-10)
      Passionfruit- Drake (7-10)
      Unforgettable- French Montana/Swae Lee (6-10)
      Redbone- Childish Gambino (8-10)
      iSpy- KYLE/Lil Yatchy (8.5-10)
      DNA- Kendrick Lamar (9.5-10)
      Mask Off- Future (1-10)
      HUMBLE- Kendrick Lamar (7.5-10)
      Congratulations- Post Malone/Quavo (2.5-10)

      Delete
    12. Human- Rag'N'Bone Man (9-10)
      Gyalchester- Drake (3-10)
      Privacy- Chris Brown (never heard)
      Look At Me- XXXTENTACION (8.5-10)
      Swang- Rae Sremmurd (1-10)
      Tunnel Vision- Kodak Black (9-10)
      Passionfruit- Drake (8-10)
      Unforgettable- French Montana/Swae Lee (never heard)
      Redbone- Childish Gambino (8-10)
      iSpy- KYLE/Lil Yatchy (9.75-10)
      DNA- Kendrick Lamar (9.5-10)
      Mask Off- Future (9.25-10)
      HUMBLE- Kendrick Lamar (10-10)
      Congratulations- Post Malone/Quavo (9-10)

      Delete
  38. The latest edition of the Hot 45 Chart was just released. Enjoy!

    A RECORD WAS BROKEN IN THIS POST.

    http://hotfortyfive.blogspot.com/2017/06/week-of-may-27-2017.html

    ReplyDelete
  39. WC is out. Blurbs will be out tomorrow, but I still have new entrants and all that other stuff now.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Adrian, what are your thoughts on the following songs?

    Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises
    Fifth Harmony/Gucci Mane - Down
    Clean Bandit/Zara Larsson - Symphony
    Kygo/Ellie Goulding - First Time
    Martin Garrix/Troye Sivan - There For You
    Dua Lipa - Be The One
    Imagine Dragons - Thunder
    Nick Jonas/Anne-Marie/Mike Posner - Remember I Told You
    Rita Ora - Your Song

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Promises - 9/10 (This one's been on my playlist for a while now. Great song.)
      Down - 6/10 (These girls can do better.)
      Symphony - 9/10
      First Time - 10/10
      There For You - 8.5/10
      Be The One - 8/10
      Thunder - 5/10 (At least it's better than Believer. Still not impressed though.)
      Remember I Told You - 9/10
      Your Song - 8.5/10

      - Adrian Carrazco

      Delete
  41. Where do you find the list of songs on the countdown after its over? Is there somewhere you can hear the replay or something?

    ReplyDelete
  42. BBH 100:

    1. Despacito
    2. TWIL
    3. I'm the One
    4. Humble
    5. SOY
    6. Mask Off
    7. Stay
    8. XO TOUR Llif3
    9. SJLT
    10. Congratulations
    17. Redbone
    18. Unforgettable
    20. Rolex

    ReplyDelete
  43. CHECK THE LINK BELOW (you won't regret it 😉)

    http://hiits1weekendcountdown.blogspot.com/2017/06/t45-mania-return-6517.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  44. It doesn't look like we'll have debuts this week but maybe we'll have 7 next week.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I took the Hits 1 survey and one of the songs they let me ask my opinion in was Despacito which isn't on Hits 1.

    ReplyDelete
  46. And another song they asked me on the survey was Closer which means it's not destined to leave anytime soon so even this song was on the Top 45 Of 2016 list, it will also make 2017's list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No surprise there. It spent over a third of the year in the Top 10 with most of those weeks in the Top 5.

      Delete
    2. But it needs to leave soon.

      Delete
    3. Why? And don't give me the "Because it's old" or "Because of overplay" reason.

      Delete
  47. Malibu was another one and I accidentally said that I loved it instead of hating it.

    ReplyDelete
  48. So on that note, last year the repeats for the final Top 45 included Stitches and Drag Me Down. This year I think that Heathens and Closer are both locks. Anything else we can expect to be set already?

    ReplyDelete
  49. http://pulsemusic.proboards.com/thread/163689/carly-rae-jepsen-cut-feeling?page=3

    ReplyDelete