Friday, May 5, 2017

The Chainsmokers (1) – Week Of April 29, 2017

Hey guys! I apologize for the rushed post last week and the late post this week. For those unaware, I am a high school student taking AP classes and this past week has been AP Exam week. So all of last weekend was preparation for my AP Chemistry Exam this past Monday and all of this week was getting work done for other classes. I also have projects to work on this coming weekend so I'm 95% sure next week's post won't be out for a little while. I apologize for the inconsistency with my posting schedule. But I hope you understand that I have priorities. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.


  • Twenty One Pilots – Heathens (#38) [2 Weeks At #1]
  • Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better (#42) [2 Weeks At #1]
  • Panic! At The Disco – Death Of A Bachelor (#44)

Last Week's #1 Song: Bruno Mars – That's What I Like
The Countdown
45. Rihanna – Love On The Brain (#43)
44. Katy Perry/Skip Marley – Chained To The Rhythm (#21)
43. James Hersey – Miss You (#39)
42. Lady Gaga – Million Reasons (#45)
41. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Side To Side (#41)
40. Adele – Water Under The Bridge (#30)
39. The Weeknd/Daft Punk – I Feel It Coming (#11)
38. Niall Horan – This Town (#40)
37. Snakehips/MØ – Don't Leave (#35)
36. Harry Styles – Sign Of The Times (#25)
35. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd – Starving (#26) [4 Weeks At #1]
34. Jon Bellion – All Time Low (#28)
33. Charlie Puth – Attention (DEBUT)
32. Bruno Mars – 24K Magic (#33)
31. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson – Just Hold On (#29)
30. Halsey – Now Or Never (#36)
29. Shawn Mendes – There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (DEBUT)
28. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello – Bad Things (#31)
27. Maroon 5 – Don't Wanna Know (#32) [3 Weeks At #1]
26. MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low (#34)
25. Lady Gaga – The Cure (DEBUT)
24. Zayn/Taylor Swift – I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#27)
23. Fitz & The Tantrums – HandClap (#22)
22. AJR – Weak (#17)
21. Twenty One Pilots – Heavydirtysoul (#14)
20. Flo Rida/99 Percent – Cake (#37)
19. Train – Play That Song (#20)
18. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay – Something Just Like This (#19)
17. The Vamps/Matoma – All Night (#23)
16. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos – Slide (#24)
15. Linkin Park/Kiiara – Heavy (#18)
14. Julia Michaels – Issues (#15)
13. Maroon 5 – Cold (#12)
12. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie – Rockabye (#9)
11. Panic! At The Disco – L.A. Devotee (#16)
10. The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer (#13) [8 Weeks At #1]
  9. Imagine Dragons – Believer (#8)
  8. Kygo/Selena Gomez – It Ain't Me (#7)
  7. Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill (#10) [1 Week At #1]
  6. Bruno Mars – That's What I Like (#1) [1 Week At #1]
  5. James Arthur – Say You Won't Let Go (#6)
  4. Zedd/Alessia Cara – Stay (#3)
  3. Shawn Mendes – Mercy (#4)
  2. Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You (#2) [9 Weeks At #1]
  1. The Chainsmokers – Paris (#5) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Twenty One Pilots – Stressed Out

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: The Weeknd/Daft Punk – I Feel It Coming (–28) [.........]

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Flo Rida/99 Percent – Cake (+17) [...............]

New Entrants
~ We have three new entrants this week plus the one song I didn't review last week. Last week, Flo Rida debuted with his worst single to date. I usually stand up for him and his music because he's had some fantastic songs in the past (Right Round, Wild Ones, etc.) But Cake is nothing less than straight up trash. Frankly, I'm surprised it actually debuted. The production is annoying. I absolutely hate that part where they repeat "cake". It's no surprise that this song is featured in the same mixtape as songs like Juju On That Beat and Watch Me. So I'm not too thrilled by it having the biggest jump of the week. But oh well. Can't really do anything about that. NEXT!

~ Debuting this week, we have the return of Charlie Puth after We Don't Talk Anymore from last year. I don't have too much to say about his new song, Attention. I guess you can say it grabbed my attention. The beat is catchy and I like the bass. His vocals are good for the most part. However, I do not see this song sticking with me in the long run. Whether or not, this song will be successful, I don't know. We'll have to wait and see.

~ Next we have Shawn Mendes replacing himself on the countdown with his new single, There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back. It is an interesting, upbeat track. I can't say that it's as good as Mercy was initially. But without a doubt, it is a good song. The vocals are really good and I like the instrumentals. Will this song stick with me? Probably not. But I'm enjoying it for the time being.

~ Finally, we have who I consider to be one of the biggest icons still making music to this day. It is Lady Gaga and she debuts with The Cure. Very rarely have I ever disliked a song by Lady Gaga. I adore a huge load of her songs (Just Dance, Poker Face, Born This WayBad Romance, Alejandro, Telephone, etc.). The Cure is no different. I wouldn't go as far to say that it's as amazing as the classics that I listed. But it is a very good song regardless. Lady Gaga is a phenomenal singer and she does show off her voice very well in this song. Will it stick with me? Well, most of the classics that I listed have stuck with me ever since the first listen. Even look at Million Reasons, which is still green. So maybe. I can't be too sure. But I'm betting it'll be a VERY long time until I get sick of it.


Hit-Bound
~ Here is the Hit-Bound list:


  • Ocean Park Standoff – Good News
  • Mansionz/G-Eazy – Wicked
  • Hey Violet – Break My Heart
  • Jon Bellion – Overwhelming
  • Hailee Steinfeld – Most Girls (DEBUT)
  • Zayn/PartyNextDoor – Still Got Time
  • DNCE – Kissing Strangers
  • Jason Derulo/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign – Swalla
  • Aaron Carter – Sooner Or Later
  • Fall Out Boy – Young & Menace (DEBUT)
  • Erin Bowman – Good Time Good Life
  • Katy Perry – Bon Appetit (DEBUT)
  • One Ok Rock – American Girls
  • G-Eazy/Kehlani – Good Life

~ Most Girls is actually pretty good and it's nice to hear something from her that's not Starving.

~ Going into Young & Menace, I had heard non-stop criticism and negative comments regarding the song, and I completely understand why. Let's just say if you're a fan of Fall Out Boy's older music, you'll most likely hate this song. If you're brand new to the Fall Out Boy fan group, you may like it. Me personally, as someone who mostly likes some of their older stuff, this song is a straight up disappointment.

~ Bon Appetit literally has two and a half stars out of five on iTunes. This song is not being taken very well. If I'm being honest, I'm pretty split. Split enough to the point where I don't know how this song is going to end up for me. It can honestly go either way.

~ It appears as though Kungs/Ephemerals – I Feel So Bad is done, which sucks because it is a really good song. I even heard it on Hits 1 sometime within the past week. Oh well.

~ I am waiting for the debut of Paramore's new single, Hard Times. That song is some good stuff that has to make on here very soon.

Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. Aaron Carter – Sooner Or Later
2. Jon Bellion – Overwhelming
3. Jason Derulo/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign – Swalla
4. One Ok Rock – American Girls
5. DNCE – Kissing Strangers


There's Nothing Blurbin' Me Back
~ Me personally, I did not see Paris as a potential #1 song, especially this late in the game. But I will certainly take it over our #1 song from last week.

~ I'm not too thrilled to see Imagine Dragons – Believer in the Top 10. This band has been going downhill with their music and are now at an all time low. It's really not necessary to overrate this song when it isn't even that big of a hit.

~ Must Closer still be in the Top 10? I know for some people, this song is really pushing their limits. Swap this with Something Just Like This and I'll be happy.

~ Over the past week, I was forced to listen AJR – Weak a few times the whole way through. My goodness is that song awful. That last chorus is absolutely unbearable. AJR, please just stop.

~ MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low finally made a reasonable jump. Hopefully it can last at least a little while longer.

~ Halsey – Now Or Never seems to not be doing very much. Fine by me as I've come to realize that it is not a good song. There is just nothing to it. Nothing unique whatsoever.

~ Harry Styles – Sign Of The Times isn't doing so hot right now. I'm sure it'll jump back up sometime in the near future. There's no way a Harry Styles song will just die out this early.

~ For whatever reason, Hits 1 thought it'd be a good idea to make The Weeknd/Daft Punk – I Feel It Coming drop almost 30 spots. Seriously guys? Rude.

~ Not too thrilled about the huge drop from Katy Perry/Skip Marley – Chained To The Rhythm either. Guess this won't be the Katy Perry #1 comeback single we were hoping for. But this song is definitely better than Bon Appetit. So I won't be too happy if that one comes on here and does better.

~ And Rihanna – Love On The Brain is somehow still here....


Top 20 Review
0 – Crap:
20. Bruno Mars – That's What I Like
19. Julia Michaels – Issues
18. Imagine Dragons – Believer
17. Flo Rida/99 Percent – Cake

1 – Bad:
NONE

2 – Mediocre:
NONE

3 – Decent:
NONE

4 – Good:
NONE

5 – Great:
16. Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You
15. Shawn Mendes – Mercy
14. The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer
13. Linkin Park/Kiiara – Heavy
12. Maroon 5 – Cold
11. James Arthur – Say You Won't Let Go
10. The Chainsmokers – Paris
9. Zedd/Alessia Cara – Stay
8. Panic! At The Disco – L.A. Devotee
7. Train – Play That Song
6. The Vamps/Matoma – All Night
5. Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill
4. Kygo/Selena Gomez – It Ain't Me
3. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie – Rockabye
2. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos – Slide

BONUS: 6 – Best Song On The Countdown:
1. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay – Something Just Like This

Total Score: 81/100 = 81% (B–)


Throwback Pick Of The Week: Don McLean – American Pie

Most Missed Countdown Song: Maroon 5 – Payphone

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber – Despacito

Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: P!nk – Just Like Fire


My Top 5 Picks
1. TIE: The Chainsmokers/Coldplay – Something Just Like This
1. TIE: The Weeknd/Daft Punk – I Feel It Coming
3. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos – Slide
4. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie – Rockabye
5. Lady Gaga – The Cure

74 comments:

  1. You mean Just Like Fire, not Just Like This for your favorite song from one year ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was probably thinking of Something Just Like This lol :P

      Delete
  2. http://mymusicreviewingblog.blogspot.com/2017/05/playlist-for-my-senior-prom.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol we have the same picture :P

    AJR are the kings of orange. All four of their Hits 1 songs have been in orange by you either on Hit-Bound or the WC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That throwback pick... Very iconic song. I remember how it was the final DLC song that Rock Band had for almost two years.

    If I do say so, I never thought I'd see the day where you put a song by Halsey in red.

    I'm surprised you didn't mention this being your birthday weekend. But if TWIL had stayed at #1, it would've been such from 2015 all over again, I'm sure.

    Also, "Just Like This" by P!nk? Never knew that one existed :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I forgot to mention that my birthday was this past Tuesday. Thank you to everyone that wished my a happy birthday. :)

      Also, should've been Just Like Fire. Fixed now.

      Delete
  5. I'm going to be taking AP classes next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Entire countdown for this week:

    Exits:
    NONE

    Countdown:
    45. Love on the Brain (=)
    44. Miss You (-1)
    43. Million Reasons (-1)
    42. Chained to the Rhythm (+2)
    41. This Town (-3)
    40. I Feel it Coming (-1)
    39. Water Under the Bridge (+1)
    38. Side to Side (+3)
    37. Sign of the Times (-1)
    36. Don't Leave (+1)
    35. Lights Down Low (-9)
    34. 24K Magic (-2)
    33. Heavydirtysoul (-12, biggest drop)
    32. All Time Low (+2)
    31. Just Hold On (=)
    30. Now or Never (=)
    29. Starving (+6)
    28. Bad Things (=)
    27. Don't Wanna Know (=)
    26. There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (+3)
    25. Cake (-5)
    24. I Don't Wanna Live Forever (=)
    23. HandClap (=)
    22. All Night (-5)
    21. Play That Song (-2)
    20. Attention (+13, biggest jump)
    19. The Cure (+6)
    18. Weak (+4)
    17. Slide (-1)
    16. Heavy (-1)
    15. Something Just Like This (+3)
    14. L.A. Devotee (-3)
    13. Issues (+1)
    12. Cold (+1)
    11. Rockabye (+1)
    10. Believer (-1)
    9. Closer (+1)
    8. Say You Won't Let Go (-3)
    7. It Ain't Me (+1)
    6. Castle on the Hill (+1)
    5. That's What I Like (+1)
    4. Mercy (-1)
    3. Paris (-2)
    2. Shape of You (=)
    1. Stay (+3)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Top Twenty Review
      -1 So Bad That I wanna Die
      20.Closer

      0 Shit
      19.Stay

      1 Horrible
      18.The Cure
      17.Play that Song

      2. Bad
      NONE

      3. Decent
      16. Issues
      15. Attention

      4. Good
      14.Shape of You
      13.Paris
      12.Mercy

      5.Amazing
      11.Cold
      10. Rockabye
      9.It Ain't Me
      8.Heavy
      7.Castle On The Hill
      6. That's What I Like
      5.Say You Won't Let Go
      4. Believer
      3.L.A. Devotee
      2. Something Just Like This

      6. Best Song On Countdown
      1.Slide

      Overall
      75/100 (C)

      Delete
    2. I bet WAMB10 is fuming right now.

      Delete
    3. I am very upset of this week. This is the complete opposite of a 7 exit week.

      Delete
    4. I am very happy about this week. This is the complete opposite of a 7 exit week. SUCK IT WAMB10!

      Delete
    5. Seriously? You're taking this way too far to get mad at her. I know she always repeats the same thing but you shouldn't just put her down by being mean because of that.

      Delete
    6. Well I wouldn't have to be mean, if she would just fucking stop doing the same shit every fucking time.

      Delete
    7. But why are you saying "I wouldn't have to be mean"? Adrian doesn't allow rude comments here (read 2/20/16 and 4/16/16 posts) and I'm sure no one else - commenter or not - wants that either. I know it's really annoying to you (and it is honestly sort of repetitive for me), but you really don't have to be that harsh to her. Maybe she can't control what she thinks, like another user I'm not going to name.

      Delete
    8. "Maybe she can't control what she thinks, like another user I'm not going to name."

      If I may guess, do you by any chance mean Parker?

      Delete
    9. Is that my problem, no. She needs to realize not to continue to do this shit. It's fucking annoying, and it has to stop. There is more to this fucking countdown than just exits, and she has to know that by now. It's about the songs, not the exits. I don't care what you think ., Unless she stops with this altogether then I'll stop. But until then, that's not gonna happen. So you and WAMB10 better suck it up and get over it.

      Delete
  7. lol I think you got Just like fire confused with Something Just like this

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hit-Bound:

    DNCE - Kissing Strangers
    DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance the Rapper - I'm the One (DEBUT)
    Erin Bowman - Good Time Good Life
    Zayn/PartyNextDoor - Still Got Time
    G-Eazy/Kehlani - Good Life
    Niall Horan - Slow Hands (DEBUT)
    Fall Out Boy - Young and Menace
    Jon Bellion - Overwhelming
    Katy Perry - Bon Appétit
    Mansionz/G-Eazy - Wicked
    Hey Violet - Break My Heart
    Hailee Steinfeld - Most Girls
    Ocean Park Standoff - Good News
    Jason Derulo/Ty Dolla $ign/Nicki Minaj - Swalla
    [Exit: Aaron Carter - Sooner or Later]
    [Exit: One Ok Rock - American Girls]

    ReplyDelete
  9. MY LIST FOR THE TOP 50 SONGS OF 2017 SO FAR!

    1) CASTLE ON THE HILL- ED SHEERAN
    2) BAD THINGS- MACHINE GUN KELLY & CAMILA CABELLO
    3) SHAPE OF YOU- ED SHEERAN
    4) SOMETHING JUST LIKE THIS- THE CHAINSMOKERS & COLDPLAY
    5) BROCCOLI- D.R.A.M. FT. LIL YACHTY
    6) SCARS TO YOUR BEAUTIFUL- ALESSIA CARA
    7) PARIS- THE CHAINSMOKERS
    8) ROCKABYE- CLEAN BANDIT FT. ANNE-MARIE & SEAN PAUL
    9) STARBOY- THE WEEKND FT. DAFT PUNK
    10) SIDE TO SIDE- ARIANA GRANDE FT. NICKI MINAJ
    11) SAY YOU WON'T LET GO- JAMES ARTHUR
    12) THAT'S WHAT I LIKE- BRUNO MARS
    13) I DON'T WANNA LIVE FOREVER- ZAYN & TAYLOR SWIFT
    14) THIS TOWN- NIALL HORAN
    15) THAT'S MY GIRL- FIFTH HARMONY
    16) 24K MAGIC- BRUNO MARS
    17) MILLION REASONS- LADY GAGA
    18) STAY- ZEDD FT. ALESSIA CARA
    19) DON'T WANNA KNOW- MAROON 5 FT. KENDRICK LAMAR
    20) IT AIN'T ME- KYGO & SELENA GOMEZ
    21) ALL TIME LOW- JON BELLION
    22) HEAVY- LINKIN PARK FT. KIIARA
    23) HANDCLAP- FITZ & THE TANTRUMS
    24) LOVE ON THE BRAIN- RIHANNA
    25) GREEN LIGHT- LORDE
    26) MERCY- SHAWN MENDES
    27) ISSUES- JULIA MICHAELS
    28) I FEEL IT COMING- THE WEEKND FT. DAFT PUNK
    29) THE GREATEST- SIA FT. KENDRICK LAMAR
    30) WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE- ADELE
    31) ISPY- KYLE FT. LIL YACHTY
    32) BELIEVER- IMAGINE DRAGONS
    33) COLD- MAROON 5 FT. FUTURE
    34) SWALLA- JASON DERULO FT. TY DOLLA $IGN & NICKI MINAJ
    35) LOVE ME NOW- JOHN LEGEND
    36) CHAINED TO THE RHYTHM- KATY PERRY FT. SKIP MARLEY
    37) BODY MOVES- DNCE
    38) SLIDE- CALVIN HARRIS FT. FRANK OCEAN & MIGOS
    39) I GOT YOU- BEBE REXHA
    40) BODY LIKE A BACKROAD- SAM HUNT
    41) IN THE NAME OF LOVE- MARTIN GARRIX & BEBE REXHA
    42) EVERYDAY- ARIANA GRANDE FT. FUTURE
    43) JUST HOLD ON- STEVE AOKI & LOUIS TOMLINSON
    44) FAKE LOVE- DRAKE
    45) GREENLIGHT- PITBULL FT. FLO RIDA & LUNCHMONEY LEWIS
    46) SHOUT OUT TO MY EX- LITTLE MIX
    47) BLOW YOUR MIND (MWAH)- DUA LIPA
    48) WORDS- DAYA
    49) YOU'RE NOT THERE- LUKAS GRAHAM
    50) GUYS MY AGE- HEY VIOLET

    ReplyDelete
  10. So is I'm The One the first song by DJ Khaled (as far as we know) to debut on Hits 1?

    ReplyDelete
  11. https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCyxKq-ff4-iSGqGe_hGj9uA
    You have to watch this new thing I'm doing on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're randomizers, it's not related to music.

      Delete
    2. I know, it's mostly Objects Shows.

      Delete
  12. So in the car, during a 15 to 20-minute span, I heard Water Under the Bridge 3 times on 3 different FM pop radio stations, and it's not even in the top 50 on the pop radio charts. But on the way back, I heard Make Me (Cry) on KIIS-FM, which is one of the two FM pop radio stations that are also on SiriusXM radio.

    ReplyDelete
  13. http://kworb.net/airadio/

    So after weeks of waiting, TWIL finally has dethroned SOY at #1 on radio!

    Haha, I'm The One fell hard on radio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the One fell because of its "8th day". That is when on a song's 8th day on radio, it falls a lot. But it always goes back up, and I think it's sure to be a hit. Plus, it gained today.

      Just look at CSTF on its 8th day: (It was #9)

      http://kworb.net/airadio/archives/20160514.html

      Delete
  14. What do these songs have in common?
    Tiesto/Matthew Koma - Wasted
    OneRepublic - Feel Again
    Taylor Swift - Blank Space
    Ce Lo Green - Forget You
    The Black Eyed Peas - Just Can't Get Enough
    Major Laser/Justin Bieber/MØ - Cold Water
    Justin Timberlake - Suit & Tie
    Ingrid Michaelson - Girls Chase Boys
    Nicki Minaj - Starships
    Disclosure/Sam Smith - Latch
    Selena Gomez & The Scene - Love You Like A Love Song
    Rihanna - What Now
    Pitbull - Dont Stop The Party
    Ariana Grande/The Weeknd - Love Me Harder
    Katy Perry - This Is How We Do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all left in 6-exit weeks?

      Delete
    2. There's no answer that I guess I'll answer it. They all left in 6 exit weeks.

      Delete
    3. Oh wait, someone already answered it.

      Delete
    4. I was also going to add Cool For The Summer on the list but I forgot.

      Delete
    5. Also that's my girl , jealous, centuries, fresh eyes , body moves, can't stop the feeling, castle on the hill, and rather be left on a 6 exit week

      Delete
  15. If you're on Pulse Music Boards, you may see that there are some games called "Rankdowns" on the website. Well, I've decided to do one for Hits 1! The rankdown is for the 2016 year-end list for Hits 1. So if you've participated in a Song Wars form, you'll like this too. Instructions are in this form:
    https://goo.gl/forms/8nJ3Lox8liGXG9QR2

    The form will be closed on Sunday, May 21, at 9pm EST. 2 weeks from today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I'll do it. I won't spend much time on it, though, because I'm working on the 2015 Urban Rankdown also.

      Delete
    2. Just submitted my fucked-up results from the inaccurate preference revealer (jk but I did grow in and out of a lot of those songs so don't be surprised about the results).

      Delete
  16. Replies
    1. Wow!!! First #1 debut from Justin Bieber since 9/19/15, and first rap #1 debut since Eminem - Not Afraid, which debuted almost exactly 7 years ago, 5/22/10.

      Delete
    2. Not really a shock, we all expected it to happen. It had big streaming, YouTube, sales and airplay. The question is how long will it last though?

      Delete
  17. Hot 100 entrants:
    100. Playboi Carti/Lil Uzi Vert - Woke Up Like This
    99. Dwayne Johnson - You're Welcome* (serious)
    98. Cole Swindell - Flatliner*
    96. Nicky Jam - El Amante*
    94. Lady Antebellum - You Look Good*
    93. Harry Styles - Sweet Creature
    91. Playboi Carti - Magnolia
    90. Niall Horan - Slow Hands
    87. Chris Brown - Privacy
    84. Rag'n'Bone Man - Human*
    76. Katy Perry/Migos - Bon Appétit
    70. Imagine Dragons - Thunder
    67. Kygo/Ellie Goulding - First Time
    61. Logic/Alessia Cara/Khalid - 1-800...
    1. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Various - I'm the One

    *re-entry

    ReplyDelete
  18. Streaming Gainer: 42. French Montana/Swae Lee - Unforgettable
    Digital Gainer: 20. Imagine Dragons - Believer
    Airplay Gainer: 3. Luis Fonsi/Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito
    Hot Shot Debut: 1. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Various - I'm the One
    Biggest Drop: Kendrick Lamar - YAH. (65-89, -24)
    Biggest Jump: Darius Rucker - If I Told You (94-62, +32)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, fun fact, the top 3 (I'm The One, Despacito and That's What I Like) are the only ones in the Top 10 to have any gains in performance, even despite the very latter dropping.

      Still holding out hope that TWIL will get in a second week at the top...

      Delete
  19. Oh yeah, and dropouts while we're at it:
    Mercy by Shawn Mendes (32 weeks)
    Deja Vu by J. Cole (20 weeks)
    How Far I'll Go by Auh'li Cravalho (20 weeks)
    Moves by Big Sean (18 weeks)
    Green Light by Lorde (9 weeks) (fuck you America)
    No Frauds by Nicki Minaj featuring Drake and Lil Wayne (7 weeks)
    Gyalchester by Drake (6 weeks)
    Still Got Time by Zayn Malik featuring PARTYNEXTDOOR (3 weeks)
    FEAR., FEEL., GOD., LUST., and PRIDE. by Kendrick Lamar (all 2 weeks)
    Hard Times by Paramore (1 week) (really hoping this re-enters)
    Lust For Life by Lana Del Rey featuring The Weeknd (1 week)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a random question, but do you know if we've done a week without a Moana song yet (including both How Far I'll Go's)?

      Delete
  20. I am f**king appalled at what is going on in Hollow Man's comment section.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And on that note, I didn't initially respond to that, but I gave my thoughts on the initial question when I never got around to it.

      Delete
  21. MY TOP 40 OF THE WEEK:
    40) COLD- MAROON 5 FT. FUTURE
    39) LIGHTS DOWN LOW- MAX FT. GNASH
    38) ATTENTION- CHARLIE PUTH (DEBUT)
    37) PASSIONFRUIT- DRAKE
    36) STAY IN THE DARK- THE BAND PERRY
    35) I'M THE ONE- DJ KHALED/JUSTIN BIEBER/QUAVO/CHANCE THE RAPPER/LIL WAYNE (DEBUT)
    34) CAKE- FLO RIDA FT. 99 PERCENT
    33) HANDCLAP- FITZ & THE TANTRUMS
    32) CHAINED TO THE RHYTHM- KATY PERRY FT. SKIP MARLEY
    31) AT MT BEST- MACHINE GUN KELLY FT. HAILEE STEINFELD
    30) THUMBS- SABRINA CARPENTER
    29) I FEEL IT COMING- THE WEEKND FT. DAFT PUNK
    28) SAY YOU WON'T LET GO- JAMES ARTHUR
    27) HEY MA- J BALVIN & PITBULL FT. CAMILA CABELLO
    26) WEAK- AJR
    25) THE CURE- LADY GAGA
    24) THERE'S NOTHIN HOLDING ME BACK- SHAWN MDNES
    23) ISSUES- JULIA MICHAELS
    22) SIGN OF THE TIMES- HARRY STYLES
    21) NOW OR NEVER- HALSEY
    20) STILL GOT TIME- ZAYN FT. PARTYNEXTDOOR
    19) HUMBLE- KENDRICK LAMAR
    18) BOUNCE BACK- BIG SEAN
    17) BODY LIKE A BACKROAD- SAM HUNT
    16) BELIEVER- IMAGINE DRAGONS
    15) L.A. DEVOTEE- PANIC! AT THE DISCO
    14) THAT'S WHAT I LIKE- BRUNO MARS
    13) PARIS- THE CHAINSMOKERS
    12) GOOD LIFE- G-EAZY FT. KEHLANI
    11) GREEN LIGHT- LORDE
    10) SWALLA- JASON DERULO FT. TY DOLLA $IGN & NICKI MINAJ
    9) SHAPE OF YOU- ED SHEERAN
    8) SLIDE- CALVIN HARRIS FT. FRANK OCEAN & MIGOS
    7) IT AIN'T ME- KYGO & SELENA GOMEZ
    6) ISPY- KYLE FT. LIL YACHTY
    5) ROCKABYE- CLEAN BANDIT FT. ANNE-MARIE & SEAN PAUL
    4) HEAVY- LINKIN PARK FT. KIIARA
    3) SOMETHING JUST LIKE THIS- THE CHAINSMOKERS & COLDPLAY
    2) CASTLE ON THE HILL- ED SHEERAN
    1) STAY- ZEDD FT. ALESSIA CARA

    OUT:
    DOWN- MARIAN HILL
    DON'T LEAVE- SNAKEHIPS & MO

    ReplyDelete
  22. The Hot 45 Chart has been released: April 22nd's Edition. Enjoy!

    http://hotfortyfive.blogspot.com/2017/05/week-of-april-22-2017.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey guys! Well I got my WC post out yesterday, but without blurbs. It's now out with blurbs! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Remember to vote for my 2016 Hits 1 Year-End List rankdown! If you've participated in a Song Wars before, you'll like this too. I would like as many votes as possible because it would be more fun, so I suggest you vote if you want. If you don't want to, it's up to you. I currently have 4 votes, including myself. The form closes in 12 days and the link to it is:
    https://goo.gl/forms/8nJ3Lox8liGXG9QR2

    ReplyDelete
  25. Long time no see :) I was focusing on my studies and my fandom on Pretty Cure so I didn't get to hang around much. So Adrian's legal now huh?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hits 1 hasn't updated the pole again. I hate it when this happens.

    ReplyDelete
  27. http://kworb.net/airadio/

    Wow, I did not expect that to happen to TWIL!

    And it was worse for 24K Magic and Redbone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that those massive drops tend to be a result of AI calibration. So they might jump back up, maybe not.

      Delete
    2. I am CERTAINLY sorry, but i kinda like TWIL.

      Delete
  28. "Here's a fun experiment: try watching the whole music video looking right into Rag 'N' Bone Man's eyes the whole time he's on screen...without starting to think he's kind of a douche." - TheDoubleAgent, on Human.

    Sorry Graham and Miles, but I like that song.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wait a minute.....

    Why is Young & Menace in red?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not even gonna answer that because it's in the post.

      If you're looking for a full-on review, it'll come if this song makes it on to the countdown.

      Delete
    2. I've heard Young & Menace last week, and it was awful, it's the new worst song of 2017.

      Delete
    3. Anaconda is still my least fav song of all time while Break Free is my fav of all time.

      Delete
    4. We fucking get it! No need to repeat yourself 50 billion times!

      Delete
    5. I do feel like Young and Menace wouldn't be as hated as it was if it weren't for the squeaky high voice in the chorus.

      Delete
    6. And on that note, I watched the video for the song, which involves a kid running away from two llamas at home and ending up at a carnival where the band is performing.

      Quite a few of the comments I read are about Brendon Urie from Panic! At The Disco, including how they think he's in one of the costumes, and how the idea for the video must have came from him.

      Delete
  30. My Hot 100 post will be delayed until the weekend, mostly because I have a lot to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  31. #1 recommendation for Hits 1: Ed Sheeran-Galway girl and Ed Sheeran- Perfect

    ReplyDelete