Saturday, April 15, 2017

Ed Sheeran (1) – Week Of April 15, 2017

Man does it feel good to actually have a countdown post out on time. Now I just gotta catch up on my Hit 45 Chart. As far as the Weekend Countdown goes, this week was an interesting week. Only three songs held their spots from last week, so there were a ton of moves and definitely some big ones. We thankfully got rid of one bad song very quickly, said goodbye to the best song of last year, and said hello to one of the best songs of this year. And on top of all that, Ed Sheeran replaces himself at #1. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.


  • Ariana Grande/Future – Everyday (#30)
  • Alessia Cara – Scars To Your Beautiful (#32)
  • Coldplay – Hymn For The Weekend (#42)
  • Bebe Rexha – I Got You (#43)

Last Week's #1 Song: Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You
The Countdown
45. Rihanna – Love On The Brain (#45)
44. Panic! At The Disco – Death Of A Bachelor (#44)
43. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Side To Side (#41)
42. Niall Horan – This Town (#38)
41. The Weeknd/Daft Punk – Starboy (#39)
40. Halsey – Now Or Never (DEBUT)
39. James Hersey – Miss You (#27)
38. Twenty One Pilots – Heathens (#31) [2 Weeks At #1]
37. MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low (#40)
36. Snakehips/MØ – Don't Leave (#37)
35. Harry Styles – Sign Of The Times (DEBUT)
34. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos – Slide (DEBUT)
33. Maroon 5 – Don't Wanna Know (#36) [3 Weeks At #1]
32. Zayn/Taylor Swift – I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#21)
31. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay – Something Just Like This (DEBUT)
30. Adele – Water Under The Bridge (#28)
29. Bruno Mars – 24K Magic (#35)
28. Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better (#29) [2 Weeks At #1]
27. Panic! At This Disco – L.A. Devotee (#33)
26. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson – Just Hold On (#25)
25. Lady Gaga – Million Reasons (#19)
24. AJR – Weak (#23)
23. Katy Perry/Skip Marley – Chained To The Rhythm (#20)
22. The Vamps/Matoma – All Night (#34)
21. Jon Bellion – All Time Low (#22)
20. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd – Starving (#12) [4 Weeks At #1]
19. Train – Play That Song (#15)
18. Julia Michaels – Issues (#17)
17. Fitz & The Tantrums – HandClap (#3)
16. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello – Bad Things (#24)
15. Imagine Dragons – Believer (#11)
14. The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer (#6) [8 Weeks At #1]
13. Maroon 5 – Cold (#9)
12. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie – Rockabye (#10)
11. Twenty One Pilots – Heavydirtysoul (#18)
10. The Weeknd/Daft Punk – I Feel It Coming (#16)
  9. Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You (#1) [9 Weeks At #1]
  8. Bruno Mars – That's What I Like (#2)
  7. Shawn Mendes – Mercy (#7)
  6. The Chainsmokers – Paris (#14)
  5. Linkin Park/Kiiara – Heavy (#26)
  4. Kygo/Selena Gomez – It Ain't Me (#8)
  3. James Arthur – Say You Won't Let Go (#5)
  2. Zedd/Alessia Cara – Stay (#4)
  1. Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill (#13) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: DNCE – Cake By The Ocean

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Fitz & The Tantrums – HandClap (–14)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Linkin Park/Kiiara – Heavy (+21)

New Entrants
~ First up, we have Halsey debuting this week with Now Or Never. I can't really say I'm loving this song. I believe that she's capable of better. If I'm being honest, this song is pretty boring and too appealing. Halsey's vocal performance is also not so amazing. It's certainly not bad, but it isn't something that grabbed my attention right from the start. My opinion could very well change. But as of right now, I'm not head-over-heels in love with this song.

~ Next we have the fourth member of One Direction branching out with a solo single. Harry Styles debuts with Sign Of The Times. I'm going to be straight up and say I did not like this song at first listen. It's not exactly what I expected out of him. But after the second and third listen, I've come to realize it's actually a good song. Styles' vocals are on point all throughout this song and while the production is slow, I'd still consider it good and an attention-grabber. Is this an amazing song? No. It could very well switch to blue any time soon. But as of right now, I like this song. It's different than what One Direction used to do.

~ If you're like me, you may have questioned the return of Calvin Harris after the extremely mediocre This Is What You Came For from last year. Before even listening to it, what made Slide even more questionable was the featured artists: Frank Ocean and Migos. This may just be me, but I feel like Frank Ocean is on a much higher level of talent, while Migos is on a much lower level. So I found it strange that they would come together and actually work together. But I have to admit, this collab worked out very well. Calvin Harris' production is on point from start to finish, which is impressive since it felt like he was going in a mediocre direction with his two singles last year. Frank Ocean's vocals are very good and surprisingly, Migos didn't sound awful. In fact, I can't picture this song without him. Overall, I think that this song is a big win for Calvin Harris and it did help him redeem himself after last year. Hopefully this song does well.

~ Finally, we have The Chainsmokers. I'm sure most people are tired of these guys and I would be as well. However, their debut this week happens to be one of the best songs they have released to this day. That song is Something Just Like This in collaboration with Coldplay, who happen to be replacing themselves on the countdown. Chris Martin's vocals are fantastic all throughout this song. I love the chorus. I also love that drop despite it sounding very similar to the drop of Roses. It's still fun to jam out to. In my opinion, I believe that this song is fantastic. It's been listed as one of the most downloaded songs for the past few weeks now and I'm glad it finally made it on to the countdown. This is hands-down the best debut of the week.


Hit-Bound
~ Here is the Hit-Bound list:


  • Mansionz/G-Eazy – Wicked
  • DNCE/Nicki Minaj – Kissing Strangers (DEBUT)
  • Kungs/Ephemerals – I Feel So Bad
  • Erin Bowman – Good Time Good Life
  • Flo Rida/99 Percent – Cake
  • Ocean Park Standoff – Good News
  • Jon Bellion – Overwhelming
  • Coin – Talk Too Much
  • Hey Violet – Break My Heart (DEBUT)
  • G-Eazy/Kehlani – Good Life (DEBUT)
  • One Ok Rock – American Girls
  • Zayn/PartyNextDoor – Still Got Time (DEBUT)
  • Aaron Carter – Sooner Or Later
  • Jason Derulo/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign – Swalla

Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. Kungs/Ephemerals – I Feel So Bad
2. Jon Bellion – Overwhelming
3. Aaron Carter – Sooner Or Later
4. Jason Derulo/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign – Swalla
5. Erin Bowman – Good Time Good Life


Blurb Of The Times
~ The replacing of Ed Sheeran was not necessarily expected. But at the same time, it isn't very surprising. Castle On The Hill is now another one of the rare occasions in which a re-entry hits #1, with the last one being Panic! At The Disco – Victorious. But I'm definitely happy to see Castle On The Hill at the top spot. Shape Of You had its time there and it's nice to see something different.

~ Zedd/Alessia Cara – Stay is now at #2. I consider that to be relatively strange as this is now his highest charting single.* Even Clarity, which was one of the most overplayed, yet one of the best singles of 2013, did not get this high. I believe it reached #3. That being said, I don't think this song, which is a step down from his previous singles, is worthy of the #1 spot. If it does get there, I won't really mind too much. However, I just think his previous singles were more worthy and unfortunately did not reach this height.

*As a lead artist (Starving does not count).

~ James Arthur – Say You Won't Let Go is now sitting at #3. I'm gonna be straight up and say that I did not expect this out of this song. There have been several occasions where I thought this song would leave. But now it's in the Top 3, so it's a little strange. But hey, I'll take it! It's a really nice song and I wouldn't mind seeing it at #1. I think it's worthy of that spot and it'd be nice to see something different at #1 as opposed to the same pop music we always see there.

~ At #4, we have Kygo/Selena Gomez – It Ain't Me. I did expect this to hit the Top 5, just not this soon I guess. I am still really enjoying this song, so I'm glad to see it in the Top 5. I'll be happy if this one hits #1 because it is a very good song. And like I said last week, it's nice to see Kygo with a hit as all his other songs have been extremely underrated.

~ Rounding out the Top 5, we have.......Linkin Park/Kiiara – Heavy? Huh. Easily the least expected jump this week. I mean, I guess this is good. However, I don't think it's that worthy of being in the Top 5. It seems like one of those songs that's worthy of hitting #10 and not getting any higher. I can't say I'll be too pleased if this for whatever reason hits #1. But I'll certainly accept it.

~ The Weeknd/Daft Punk – I Feel It Coming has finally entered the Top 10. I've been waiting for this for quite a while now. Hopefully it can reach the Top 5 because it is a fantastic song and easily one of the best songs of the year as of right now. Hopefully in the future, we can get more collabs between The Weeknd and Daft Punk. I Feel It Coming and Starboy have both proved that these two artists can make magic together.

~ Twenty One Pilots – Heavydirtysoul is finally getting somewhere on the countdown. It does kind of seem like this song isn't charting anywhere at the moment. However, it's still a great song and I'm sure it'll hit the Top 10 at some point in the near future.

~ The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer has departed from the Top 10 after I don't know how many weeks. This song's time may be coming to an end soon. Hopefully it doesn't stay this high for long though because I do want Something Just Like This to actually get somewhere and not just sit around in the bottom half of the countdown. The song is currently #5 on iTunes, so one can only hope it can have the same kind of success on this countdown.

~ Fitz & The Tantrums – HandClap just cannot stay in one place. It'll be in the Top 3 one week, and then next thing you know, it's just barely still in the Top 20. It's entertaining for me to watch, but I can imagine it getting pretty annoying at some point.

~ Zayn/Taylor Swift – I Don't Wanna Live Forever is dropping much faster than expected. For once, Hits 1 is not holding on to a song and overplaying it to death. I'm glad to see that it's this one and it wasn't even a great song to begin with. Hopefully this means it'll leave relatively soon. But as long as it stays out of the Top 30, I'll be happy.

~ As far as the exits go, I was starting to get sick of Scars To Your Beautiful. Though it was a great song while it was here and is definitely Alessia Cara's best single so far. I Got You was pretty underrated and I'm not too happy about that. Everyday currently has the shortest tenure of 2017 at only two weeks. I'm very happy by this as this song was a big step down for Ariana Grande, as she hit a new height of mediocrity. Finally, we have Hymn For The Weekend. This song was crowned as my #1 song of 2016. It was very successful on this countdown peaking at #4 and lasting this long. I'm very impressed by how did on this countdown to the point where I don't really mind it leaving. However, it was a fantastic song that I have enjoyed every single week it was on the countdown. Hymn For The Weekend, thank you for being amazing last year and this year and you will certainly be missed.


Top 20 Review
– Crap:
20. Bruno Mars – That's What I Like
19. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd – Starving

1 – Bad:
18. Julia Michaels – Issues
17. Imagine Dragons – Believer

2 – Mediocre:
NONE

3 – Decent:
NONE

4 – Good:
16. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello – Bad Things

5 – Great:
15. Fitz & The Tantrums – HandClap
14. Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You
13. The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer
12. Shawn Mendes – Mercy
11. Linkin Park/Kiiara – Heavy
10. The Chainsmokers – Paris
9. Maroon 5 – Cold
8. Zedd/Alessia Cara – Stay
7. James Arthur – Say You Won't Let Go
6. Train – Play That Song
5. Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill
4. Twenty One Pilots – Heavydirtysoul
3. Kygo/Selena Gomez – It Ain't Me
2. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie – Rockabye

BONUS: 6 – Best Song On The Countdown:
1. The Weeknd/Daft Punk – I Feel It Coming

Total Score: 82/100 = 82% (B–)


Throwback Pick Of The Week: The All-American Rejects – Dirty Little Secret / Move Along / It Ends Tonight (pretty much every single from Move Along)

Most Missed Countdown Song: Lana Del Rey/Cedric Gervais – Summertime Sadness

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Pitbull & J Balvin/Camila Cabello – Hey Ma

Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: Taylor Swift – New Romantics


My Top 5 Picks
1. TIE: The Weeknd/Daft Punk – I Feel It Coming
1. TIE: The Chainsmokers/Coldplay – Something Just Like This
3. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie – Rockabye
4. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos – Slide
5. Kygo/Selena Gomez – It Ain't Me

338 comments:

  1. Finally, someone who has Good Time, Good Lofe in its top 5 besides me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just barely made it on there. It had some competition with a couple other songs.

      Delete
  2. And why is Break My Heart and Still Got Time in red? They're both awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely cannot stand the chorus on Break My Heart. It's extremely annoying, almost as bad as Cake. I don't like the production on Still Got Time and the vocals aren't very good either. The song is kind of boring. But for the most part, it's the lame beat that just turns me off with this song.

      Delete
    2. And will you ever grow into Believer?

      Delete
  3. Talk Too Much and Swalla are the only songs that I dislike on HitBound. I haven't heard Kissing Strangers yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Migos didn't sound awful. In fact, I can't picture this song without him."

    For the very last time, Migos is a group, not a single person. They have three members, although only two of them were present in Slide.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, I'm not digging Something Just Like This. The references to fairy tales are annoying, but the most annoying thing is when they try to rip off their own song in the drop. Coldplay is the only thing that saves it from being red. I respect your opinion though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DJ Snake has been known to rip off his own songs multiple times, with Lean On taking from Turn Down For What, and that's never bothered me in any capacity. So yeah. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

      Delete
    2. I wouldn't necessarily say that. Sure they sounded similar, but not like ripping off-similar. The way The Chainsmokers produced this song is just not okay in my opinion.

      Delete
  6. You must really dislike Hey Violet. Break My Heart is good but nowhere near as good as Guys My Age was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went into Break My Heart with an open mind giving them a chance to redeem themselves. Turns out this song may actually be worse. The chorus is just obnoxious in my opinion.

      Delete
  7. YAAAAAAASSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY THANK GOD EVERYDAY IS GONE!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erin Bowman - Good Time, Good Life has became my new favorite song. I will be really upset if it doesn't make the countdown.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So I hit up Spotify, wondering how certain songs are doing there right about now. And in the US Charts, I see the Top 10. And...

    My jaw just hit the floor looking at Kendrick's numbers. Don't believe me? Here you go:

    HUMBLE.: 3.52 million
    DNA.: 3 million
    ELEMENT.: 2.19 million
    LOYALTY. featuring Rihanna: 2.065 million
    YAH.: 1.83 million
    LOVE. featuring Zacari: 1.72 million
    XXX. featuring U2: 1.717 million
    FEEL.: 1.705 million
    PRIDE.: 1.635 million

    And mind you, that's just the Top 10! The other four songs have at least 1 million streams going for them, most a lot more. Furthermore, so does every single song in that Top 20 at the moment - the non-Kendrick ones being Mask Off, XO Tour Llif3, iSpy, Passionfruit, That's What I Like, and Shape Of You.

    DAMN.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ., Parker, Adrian, Jack, Daniel, and a few others, if you would like to stay in my competition, you have to vote soon. The link to the post is right here. The links to the Google Forms are on the bottom of the post.

    http://siriusxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2017/04/5k-pvs-round-1-voting.html

    I hope you all understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely forgot about it, and I'm not sure if I want to continue at this point. Standardized testing at my school starts this week, and we have multiple other end-of-year projects going on now. I figured out like two of the songs but I hadn't gotten to the rest.

      Delete
    2. I certainly only got about half of them right.

      Delete
    3. Parker, it's okay. I'm actually really busy tomorrow so Round 2 won't start until Friday. If you can somehow answer everything by Thursday night that's okay.

      Delete
    4. Lukas, not necessarily. I did screw up on two songs so you got credit for those.

      Delete
  11. Kissing Strangers is really good so...

    ReplyDelete
  12. i feel so bad is the best song on Hit-Bound :(
    And why isn't Lights Down Low in your Top 5?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you mean worst? I thought you hated it.

      Delete
  13. Adrian, you said you'd review Green Light but it left Hitbound so will you ever? If so, would you mind just giving a brief review here if you don't wanna include it in the post. You don't have to if you don't want to, but thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. «Hymn For The Weekend, thank you for being an amazing last year and this year and you will not be missed.»

    What did you mean by that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the "you will not be missed". :P It will be by me, I'm sure.

      Delete
    2. It's not that it's the "and you will not be missed"

      Delete
    3. Oh oops. I feel stupid now. :P

      Delete
  15. So Adrian, I made a few blogs that you could consider putting on the sidebar. (Sorry if I'm being really annoying now, I've been working on a records page for one of my blogs).

    billboardtopfortypopsongs.blogspot.com
    40tuesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Top 5 On This Chart:
    1. Something Just Like This
    2. Paris
    3. Castle on the Hill
    4. Play That Song
    5. Closer

    Bottom 5 On This Chart:
    1. Heathens
    2. That's What I Like
    3. Issues
    4. Love on the Brain
    5. Sign of the Times

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm...

      Best:
      1. I'll have words for this one come my post, but definitely pleased to see this one here.
      2. Eh. I guess I do still like it, but not as much as you do.
      3. Thank you! Nice to see that you're as pleased to see this top it as I was.
      4. No.
      5. I guess you're really into The Chainsmokers, huh?

      Worst:
      1. Well, this one's been here a while.
      2. Get out.
      3. Eh.
      4. Eh.
      5. Unpopular opinion I see.

      Delete
    2. I've revealed my top 5 picks on my countdown post, but I'll decide my bottom 5 picks for this week.

      5. Heathens*
      4. Death of a Bachelor*
      3. Treat You Better
      2. Lights Down Low
      1. Say You Won't Let Go

      *Not a bad song but very old.

      Delete
    3. Top 5:

      1. Definitely.
      2. I like this song, but not as much as you do.
      3. Interesting.
      4. I'm done.
      5. Wow......


      Bottom 5:
      1. I was ready for that.
      2. Looks like another #teamnobrunomars
      3. Get out.
      4. Okay, I guess.
      5. A guilty pleasure of mine.

      And Scott, what did you mean by "Get out?"

      Delete
    4. It means he's sick of all the haters of the new and improved Bruno Mars.

      Delete
    5. Heh, that's not quite true, it was me being figurative.

      And it was a Pokémon reference. :P

      Delete
  17. Also, good riddance to I Got You and thank you Hits 1 for Something Just Like This being the hot shot debut of this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. For my competition, Adrian, when are you going to vote? (Please respond to this. If you don't want to do this just say that you're dropping out.)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Today in reading, we had to do a worksheet on irony, and here was one of the examples:

    "The rapper Eminem is well-known for his song writing ability, but he is equally known for his shockingly profane and obscene lyrical content. Eminem had made a fortune selling his curse filled songs to millions of children around the world. But, on a 60 Minutes interview, Eminem claimed that there was no swearing in his own home and that his children were not allowed to play music with curse words, including his own tracks."

    WHAAAAT?

    ReplyDelete
  20. MY TOP 40 FOR THIS WEEK:

    40) AT MT BEST- MACHINE GUN KELLY FT. HAILEE STEINFELD
    39) JUST HOLD ON- STEVE AOKI & LOUIS TOMLINSON
    38) SIGN OF THE TIMES- HARRY SYLES (DEBUT)
    37) I GOT YOU- BEBE REXHA
    36) STAY IN THE DARK- THE BAND PERRY
    35) ALL TIME LOW- JON BELLION
    34) TOUCH- LITTLE MIX
    33) DOWN- MARIAN HILL
    32) LOVE ON THE BRAIN- RIHANNA
    31) BAD THINGS- MACHINE GUN KELLY & CAMILA CABELLO (3 WKS @ #1)
    30) DON'T LEAVE- SNAKEHIPS & MO
    29) GOOD LIFE- G-EAZY FT. KEHLANI
    28) HEY MA- J BALVIN & PITBULL FT. CAMILA CABELLO
    27) EVERYDAY- ARIANA GRANDE FT. FUTURE
    26) I DON'T WANNA LIVE FOREVER- ZAYN & TAYLOR SWIFT (1 WK @ #1)
    25) L.A. DEVOTEE- PANIC! AT THE DISCO
    24) MILLION REASONS- LADY GAGA
    23) BOUNCE BACK- BIG SEAN
    22) BODY LIKE A BACKROAD- SAM HUNT
    21) SLIDE- CALVIN HARRIS FT. FRANK OCEAN & MIGOS
    20) SAY YOU WON'T LET GO- JAMES ARTHUR
    19) HANDCLAP- FITZ & THE TANTRUMS
    18) SWALLA- JASON DERULO FT. TY DOLLA $IGN & NICKI MINAJ
    17) I FEEL IT COMING- THE WEEKND FT. DAFT PUNK
    16) THUMBS- SABRINA CARPENTER
    15) ISSUES- JULIA MICHAELS
    14) CHAINED TO THE RHYTHM- KATY PERRY FT. SKIP MARLEY
    13) ISPY- KYLE FT. LIL YACHTY
    12) COLD- MAROON 5 FT. FUTURE
    11) BELIEVER- IMAGINE DRAGONS
    10) THAT'S WHAT I LIKE- BRUNO MARS (1 WK @ #1)
    9) STAY- ZEDD FT. ALESSIA CARA
    8) HEAVY- LINKIN PARK FT. KIIARA
    7) IT AIN'T ME- KYGO & SELENA GOMEZ
    6) PARIS- THE CHAINSMOKERS (3 WKS @ #1)
    5) SHAPE OF YOU- ED SHEERAN (3 WKS @ #1)
    4) GREEN LIGHT- LORDE
    3) ROCKABYE- CLEAN BANDIT FT. ANNE-MARIE & SEAN PAUL
    2) CASTLE ON THE HILL- ED SHEERAN (3 WKS @ #1)
    1) SOMETHING JUST LIKE THIS- THE CHAINSMOKERS & COLDPLAY (2 WKS @ #1)

    OUT:
    FAKE LOVE- DRAKE

    ReplyDelete
  21. Billboard Hot 100 so far: (. might have posted this by now but I don't know if he's at school at the moment)

    1. Shape Of You
    2. That's What I Like
    3. HUMBLE. (get ready for this to hit #1 next week)
    4. Sign Of The Times
    5. Something Just Like This
    6. iSpy
    7. Mask Off
    8. XO Tour Llif3
    9. Body Like A Back Road
    10. Paris

    We traded Rockabye and I Feel It Coming for interchangeable rap, which is not a net positive at all. But we traded Tunnel Vision for Sign Of The Times, so I guess that's alright.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even post this and I'm off today for break. I'll be back to school tomorrow.

      Delete
  22. 54. Green Light (55-54)
    50. Now Or Never (DEBUT)
    27. Chained To The Rhythm (19-27)
    12. Issues (22-12)
    11. It Ain't Me (13-11)

    10. Paris (9-10)
    9. Body Like A Back Road (6-9)
    8. XO Tour Llife3 (16-8)
    7. Mask Off (11-7)
    6. iSpy (4-6)
    5. Something Just Like This (=)
    4. Sign Of The Times (DEBUT)
    3. HUMBLE. (2-3)
    2. That's What I Like (3-2)
    1. Shape Of You (=) 12th week and hopefully/probably LAST

    Goddamn it this top 10 fucking sucks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://pulsemusic.proboards.com/post/6104410/thread

      "12th week and hopefully/probably LAST"

      Did you not read the whole thing before posting? lol.

      Delete
    2. All I did was copy and paste this from his comment, that's all.

      Delete
    3. All of my comments on this regarding the rap songs, Rockabye, and Shape of You should be found on that thread. I changed my display name to #FREEKODAK btw.

      Delete
    4. No, he said "hopefully/probably LAST" and you like Shape of You. You could have removed that so people don't think you dislike Shape of You. But that's just my opinion, if you didn't want to remove it that's still fine with me.

      Delete
    5. It's slowly been losing my interest anyway, and I want SJLT, TWIL, or even HUMBLE to take over as #1 over SOY.

      Delete
    6. .: I agree.

      Miles: No! Kodak is life!

      Delete
    7. Well, if Kodak is in jail, then it means that he did a bad thing which means in my opinion he should still be in jail.

      Also, Tunnel Vision is the worst rap song in the top 20 of the Hot 100 (as of last week.)

      Delete
    8. No, Koadk is a rapist who uses race and political controversy to get famous! We don't need assholes like him in music!

      Delete
    9. Miles speaks the facts about Kodak Black. And that doesn't even rhyme :(

      Delete
    10. ^^^^^^^^^^^

      Kodak is a rapist, anyone who supports him is the lowest, LOWEST common denominator when it comes to music. And people say pop music is the lowest common denominator, rap is fucking worse, and it's because of rapists like Kodak, XXXTENTACION, and PnB Rock that kill the genre.

      Delete
    11. So let's see, you're saying that just because these rappers have raped people that they don't deserve to be famous? That was the past. And Kodak is in jail right now because he violated his house arrest probation. And why does someone deserve to be arrested for that? People are used to walking out of their houses for work or school or other places all the time, and sometimes you can't help it. And Kodak goes to JAIL for it? Smh. I'd just add a little bit onto his house arrest. Kodak and these other rappers might rap about drugs a lot, and that's because that's what they grew up with and/or they might've had family or friends on them. What they're really rapping about is the stories about how they came up and other things about their life, like in Tunnel Vision's case, when he was in jail. There He Go, which was my favorite song for 8 weeks, was recorded hours after Kodak was released from jail once, and the lyrics have to do with comparing his fame to before. These stories can be fun to hear sometimes, along with the bangers he makes, so that's why I love him. Just enter my school, where there are a LOT of Kodak fans. We did a project once where we made a collage of cool things in life, and many people put Kodak on theirs. Regardless of all I just said, this goes back to opinions. Miles, who apparently is incapable of respecting opinions, has this opinion that Kodak and most other rappers suck, and he can't respect mine that he's great. I don't want to start this argument again, but it can become and issue.

      I'm sorry if this was long, but in short, Kodak shouldn't be in jail, and I love his music for many reasons. And this is my opinion, so it makes sense to respect it.

      Delete
    12. I'm going to be honest here, but rape is something that should not be associated with the words "That was the past." Personally I don't listen to a lot of rap music but I agree with you on the opinion thing and I do truthfully respect your opinion on the music you listen to.

      Delete
    13. Parker: No, don't you fucking dare use the whole "That was in the past" argument, because some people are scarred for life by rape. I'm not going to respect you opinion, until you respect mine and stop asking me why I love/hate certain songs. He was a rapist who used politics and race controversy to get popular, which is the fucking dumbest thing ever. He raped a girl, if you think a rapper shouldn't be in jail for rape, then you are a biased individual who knows nothing about the law. He raped a girl, he broke his house arrest, he should remain in jail for his crime, end of story.

      Delete
    14. Can this just stop already?!? Forget about the jail thing because it's going to start an even bigger fight. All that needs to be known is that Parker likes rap and Miles doesn't, and there is no right or wrong answer to an opinion. We shouldn't be fighting about an opinion, and all opinions should be respected here no matter who it is. In Adrian's words, "Our differences in opinions create our diversity, which makes life more interesting than if everyone just felt the same way about everything. I'm fine with debates as long as we're being nice to each other."

      Delete
    15. Again with the fucking intervention! You intervene in more fights than America has since the Cold War. And Parker doesn't need to keep spouting off the same rap bullshit arguments I've heard a dozen times at school. I get enough of that with people my age, I do not need to be talked down to, by a bunch of young pre-teens/teens who think they know everything. You don't want any fights, then don't instigate me with shit every again! That goes for Parker, WAMB10, Chase, and you . .

      Delete
    16. Why is it bad to intervene? I'm just trying to help.

      Delete
    17. Well your not helping, you are just making things worse!

      Delete
  23. #1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Young Thug/2 Chainz/Wiz Khalifa/PnB Rock - Gang Up

    ReplyDelete
  24. A fight between Miles and Chase is currently taking place on Graham's blog. Oh God, why does this have to happen. Make this stop already...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And he told me to fuck off just because I posted the link to a meme.

      Delete
    2. He probably said that because you like rap and he doesn't.

      Delete
    3. That was originally supposed to be to .'s comment. And who Parker? Because that's just ridiculous.

      Delete
    4. I said that because memes like that are stupid, unfunny and unnecessary.

      Delete
  25. Adrian Migos isn't one person it's a trio, but only two performed in Slide

    ReplyDelete
  26. http://www.kworb.net/airadio/

    So SOY just will not peak already and continues to dominate radio airplay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeeeee! To think it very well could pass Uptown Funk's 248.9 peak audience. This is so scary.

      Delete
  27. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  28. http://pulsemusic.proboards.com/thread/166757/billboard-hot-100-04-2017?page=6

    Anyone else thinks this "Rose "Fake News" Nylund" is pretty funny?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hits 1 hasn't play a HitBound music until they played Swalla an hour ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, they played Sooner Or Later. I hope Good Time, Good Life is next.

      Delete
    2. Nope! It was Break My Heart.

      Delete
    3. Now, here's the HitBound songs that Hits 1 haven't played yet this week...
      Wicked
      Kissing Strangers
      I Feel So Bad
      Good Time, Good Life ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME HITS 1?
      Cake
      Good News
      Overwhelming
      Talk Too Much
      Good Life
      American Girls
      Still Got Time (I thought this song just became popular.)

      Delete
    4. I too heard Swalla late last night. That might be one of our debuts this weekend.

      Delete
    5. Cake seems to be the only debut.

      Delete
  30. As far as I know of, here are all the 1-5 week tenured songs SXM had.
    1 Week:
    Turn Down For What
    Welcome To New York
    Erase Me
    Flaws
    Body & Soul

    2 Weeks:
    All The Way
    Right Now
    Everyday
    Dangerous (David Guetta)
    Heart Made Up On You
    Hideaway (Kiesza)

    3 Weeks:
    Turn The Night Up
    Gentleman
    Rise
    Ugly Heart
    Somebody Loves You
    Cheyenne
    Beautiful Now
    The Fix
    OctaHate
    Nothing Without Love
    Weekend
    All About It
    Hotline Bling
    Old School Love
    The Little Things
    El Taxi
    Sound Of Your Heart

    4 Weeks:
    Give It 2 U
    Red Lights
    Rock N Roll
    Made In The USA
    Wild Wild Love
    Young Blood
    Doing It
    XO
    Dare You

    5 Weeks:
    Girls
    Baby Don't Lie
    Guys My Age
    #Beautiful
    All About Us
    All In My Head (Flex)
    The Night Is Still Young
    Focus
    Shower
    Wait On Me
    We Are Done
    Therapy
    Infinity (AJR)
    Yellow Flicker Beat
    Pumpin' Blood
    (Not) Too Cool To Dance

    Comment if I'm missing some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Add Made In Gold in the 5 week category.

      Delete
    2. And Hula Hoop also lasted 4 weeks.

      Delete
    3. Longest tenures (correct me if I'm forgetting something):
      66 weeks - Too Long of a Title
      61 weeks - Radioactive
      54 weeks - Thinking Out Loud
      53 weeks - Shut Up and Dance
      52 weeks - Classic
      51 weeks - Stressed Out
      50 weeks - Counting Stars
      50 weeks - Centuries
      50 weeks - Unsteady
      49 weeks - Love Runs Out
      48 weeks - Jealous
      48 weeks - Victorious

      Delete
    4. Yep, knew I forgot something.

      52 weeks - Can't Hold Us

      Delete
    5. 48 weeks - What Makes You Beautiful

      Delete
  31. Hot 100 entrants:
    100. Cole Swindell - Flatliner
    99. Darius Rucker - If I Told You
    97. AJR - Weak
    95. Zayn/PartyNextDoor - Still Got Time*
    94. Machine Gun Kelly/Hailee Steinfeld - At My Best*
    92. Kenny Chesney - Bar at the End of the World
    89. Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake
    79. YFN Lucci/PnB Rock - Everyday We Lit
    74. French Montana/Swae Lee - Unforgettable
    50. Halsey - Now or Never
    4. Harry Styles - Sign of the Times

    *re-entry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I came up from nothing n***a, you can't tell me shit...

      Delete
  32. Streaming Gainer: 7. Future - Mask Off
    Digital Gainer: 12. Julia Michaels - Issues
    Airplay Gainer: 5. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This
    Hot Shot Debut: 4. Harry Styles - Sign of the Times
    Biggest Drop: Thomas Rhett/Maren Morris - Craving You (53-81, -28)
    Biggest Jump: A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie/Kodak Black - Drowning (94-75, +19) (I'm not sure if this is correct so someone needs to check it lol)

    ReplyDelete
  33. You know those guys who sing the Spanish song Despacito? They just released a version with Justin Bieber, no joke.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Does anyone know what the pop songs are for the week of 4-29-2017 Billboard isn't updating it for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100/2017-04-29

      Delete
    2. No, the pop chart, not the actual Hot 100.

      Delete
  35. Alright, countdown post is out: http://sxmh1wc.blogspot.com/2017/04/april-15-2017-ed-sheeran-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  36. BBH100 Exits:

    Human- Rag'N'Bone Man (#100)
    Heatstroke- Calvin Harris/Young Thug/Pharrell Williams/Ariana Grande (#96)
    Conscience- Kodak Black (#93)
    Sacrifices- Drake/2 Chainz/Young Thug (#89)
    The Heart Part 4- Kendrick Lamar (#85)
    Tin Man- Miranda Lambert (#75)
    Speak To A Girl- Tim McGraw/Faith Hill (#70)
    Everybody- Logic (#59)
    Bad Things- M.G.K./Camilal Cabello (#50)
    Water Under The Bridge- Adele (#47)
    Million Reasons- Lady Gaga (#41)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT?!?!?!?!? WHY DID BAD HINGS HAVE TO LEAVE? GRRRRRRRR!

      Delete
    2. Hm… Good riddance to Bad Things, if all goes well Water Under The Bridge should scrape onto the YE, and Million Reasons will be super close. Hope that Heatstroke and The Heart Part 4 re-enter.

      Delete
    3. WAMB10: It was old anyway and was on it's way out. You seriously need to know why certain songs leave the way they do.

      Scott: Hopefully.

      Delete
  37. So, Shawn Mendes announced a new single due out at midnight on Thursday called There's Nothing Holding Me Back.

    I'm hoping it'll sound different from ***** *** ****** and actually be something worthwhile, but Teddy Geiger is behind it. Gah.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hit-Bound spins:
    0 - Mansionz/G-Eazy – Wicked
    0 - DNCE/Nicki Minaj – Kissing Strangers (DEBUT)
    1 - Kungs/Ephemerals – I Feel So Bad
    1 - Erin Bowman – Good Time Good Life
    6 - Flo Rida/99 Percent – Cake
    0 - Ocean Park Standoff – Good News
    0 - Jon Bellion – Overwhelming
    0 - Coin – Talk Too Much
    1 - Hey Violet – Break My Heart (DEBUT)
    2 - G-Eazy/Kehlani – Good Life (DEBUT)
    0 - One Ok Rock – American Girls
    0 - Zayn/PartyNextDoor – Still Got Time (DEBUT)
    1 - Aaron Carter – Sooner Or Later
    1 - Jason Derulo/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign – Swalla

    ReplyDelete
  39. Just heard Lady Gaga - Bad Romance on Hits 1. Man was this song a jam. Easily one of her best songs out of all her amazing songs. Not gonna lie, I did turn the radio up quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, we already had Million Reasons. I don't want Bad Romance to become a hit!

      Delete
    2. Ummm that song was already a hit..........several years ago.

      Delete
  40. So, uh, wanna know a disturbing truth about Sign Of The Times? Go check out a recent article that Billboard wrote about it. I'm not going to say anything about it for you who haven't or don't want to have the song ruined for you, but believe me, I remember being at a loss for words when I first read it on my phone this morning. It's kind of disturbing, honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  41. New post out:

    http://billboardtopfortypopsongs.blogspot.com/2017/04/ed-sheeran-9-week-of-april-29-2017.html

    Also a QOTW if you guys are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Billboard Hot 100 scoring spoilers!
















    Total Top 20 Score: 49/100 (49%)

    Total Hot 100 Score: 140/500 (28%)


    ReplyDelete
  43. http://mymusicreviewingblog.blogspot.com/2017/04/billboard-hot-100-42917-shape-of-you-ed.html

    BBH10 post is out!

    ReplyDelete
  44. The Cure by Lady Gaga & There's Nothing To Hold Me Back by Shawn Mendes are now available for vote. Starboy is off the list and I was happy it wasn't Side To Side. Still, I wished that it was Love On The Brain instead.

    ReplyDelete
  45. So I checked out the Bubbling Under Hot 100 on Pulse, and here are the things there worth caring about:
    - A few Chainsmokers songs, with Break Up Every Night being the highest at #7.
    - Bohemian Rhapsody by Pentatonix entering at #4. Huh.
    - Symphony by Clean Bandit featuring Zara Larsson re-entering at #8. Please debut! This one has been doing good outside of the US including on Spotify so there's a chance.
    - Good Life re-entering at #14. This might debut next week with F8 hype if it doesn't get overthrown by the Kendrick Lamar massacre next week.
    - Die With You by Beyoncé. Wonder where this one might go.

    And some other stuff not really worth caring about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just looked at it and...the one Painting Pictures song that stayed happened to be the best song off there! Even better, it jumped three spots! #Smash

      Delete
    2. Also, From The D to the A by Tee Grizzley and Lil Yachty is new on there. Loving that one right now.

      Delete
  46. New Music Alert: Paramore - Hard Times

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another New Music Alert:
      Lana Del Rey/The Weekend – Lust For Life

      Delete
    2. Triple New Music Alert:
      Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back

      Delete
  47. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Migos & Lil Uzi Vert - Bad & Boujee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not even going to mention the obvious. Instead I'll say that even in that hypothetical situation, they'd be extremely late with the song like they were with One Dance.

      Delete
  48. #1 Recommendation For You: Tee Grizzley/Lil Yachty - From The D to the A

    ReplyDelete
  49. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Good morning. If you saw my comment last night, I must apologize. I realized that the last part of what I said wasn't what I should have said and it could have started another fight on this blog. I think what I should have said instead is that this is getting more serious to me. Okay? I apologize if you saw that comment. Let's look at the first part of my comment last night:

    I can not take this anymore. I said I was trying to help with this situation and I'm told I'm making things worse? It's like you all want this fighting to keep happening. Parker is one of my best friends here and I want his opinions to be safe here as well as everyone else's. I may disagree with people's opinions here but I still respect them. It's ridiculous that this is still going on after like 3 days, and this must stop immediately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please. I can't really take this either. We all know who we're talking about about the opinion thing, and he needs to stop. I'm not gonna say his name because that might start some other shit, but I'm just saying that it's important to respect the opinions of others. When he hates a rap song I like or when he likes a pop song I hate, I'm not gonna say, "Fuck you" or some other shit. And now that this argument has happened, I think of it whenever I'm at school listening to Kodak on Soundcloud. It shouldn't have happened, and I'm sorry if I was the one who did something to start it. I respect everyone's opinions here, especially if I disagree. Please get this whole damn thing over with, and move on with life.

      Delete
  51. Good Time, Good Life appeared on the Wutchuwant countdown last night. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So did Paramore's new song, Hard Times.

      Delete
  52. http://www.kworb.net/airadio/

    Well, Uptown Funk's airplay record has just been passed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So it happened. Holy shit.

      Well, I can't say I'm surprised at this point. I wasn't rooting for it per se, but I'm okay with it, because I liked it from the beginning, unlike the last two double digit week #1s.

      Delete
    2. Now we got a crappy song holding the record. Great! But I did not see that coming. Now I don't know if HUMBLE. will be #1 on the Billboard, but please do!

      Delete
    3. There's a 90% chance it will, gladly.

      Delete
    4. Just why did it have to happen now?

      Delete
    5. @Parker: I wouldn't quite say 90%. Sure, Kendrick might have monster streaming and the edge in sales, but it all boils down to how much Ed slips, particularly in radio. It's gonna be pretty darn close, I think the closest since the week Starboy hit #1.

      Delete
    6. Humble should not hit #1 because the verses are mediocre. And I'm going to hate that song later just because of overplay.

      Delete
    7. Scott: I don't think it's gonna be that close. Sure it'll be close, but not as close as Starboy was.

      Hollow Man: So the song is mediocre for you?

      Delete
    8. I don't know, the only reason Starboy hit #1 was because of the album momentum, and I think we may see the same thing happen again with HUMBLE. Kendrick pretty much dominates in streaming, and is gaining big YouTube, but it all depends on how much SOY slips, specifically on radio, and considering today is the last day of tracking radio and that SOY past 250 Million (And I know the numbers Billboard produces are smaller, but I'm going off of Kworb's radio overall impression) I think TWIL's gains also play a major factor.

      Delete
  53. NEW MUSIC ALERT:

    AXWELL / INGROSSO / KID INK - I LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would call that a new music alert, but I will say that it's really good.

      Delete
    2. It was released two months ago if I'm correct, and I don't think it should count as a new music alert.

      Delete
    3. ^^^^Correct. I heard that about six weeks ago and I still hate it.

      Delete
  54. I'm still waiting for Coin - Talk Too Much and One Ok Rock - American Girls to debut the countdown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Erin Bowman - Good Time Good Life

      Delete
    2. I like Good Time Good Life, but Talk Too Much and American Girls are better in my opinion. And I would add Swalla to the list.

      Delete
    3. I want Lorde - Green Light to debut the countdown.

      Delete
    4. Break My Heart needs to debut as well.

      Delete
    5. Green Light is an amazing song and needs to debut.

      Delete
    6. I'm waiting for Swalla to debut. That's the only Hitbound song I care for at the moment.

      Delete
  55. Most missed song: Too Cool To Dance by Eden xo

    One of quite a few songs I heard when I was at Dave and Buster's yesterday for half-price games Wednesday. And I went again today to redeem $30 in credit I received via e-mail (can't redeem on Wednesdays) and heard it there again.

    That song had a super short tenure, five weeks as previously mentioned. Shame because I like it quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Not) Too Cool To Dance had the exact same tenure as Guys My Age did.

      Delete
  56. New Music Alert: Kiaara - Whippin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That came out last week and features Felix Snow. It's currently on my Bubbling Under.

      Delete
    2. I actually heard that song and I don't know what to say about it.

      Delete
  57. Bad Things decelerated in spins, which makes Miles happy but not me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, don't forget me.

      Much needed after that unnecessary jump back into the Top 20 last weekend.

      Delete
    2. Bad Things is a good song. What's so bad about it?

      Delete
    3. The bland, boring R&B production, the awful vocals, courtasy of Camilla Cabello, the fact it's by a generic white rapper makes it worse, and the bland as Hell lyrics.

      Delete
    4. That being said, in Parker's case I find it ironic coming from someone who liked Work From Home, and Bad Things has more rap than that song did (that one actually didn't have any rap, Ty Dolla $ign's verse there was pitched so yeah).

      Delete
    5. It's not really ironic. I loved Work From Home because it was really catchy and I loved the vocals, but in Bad Things's case, the rapping sucks and the vocals are a letdown. I can't stand the beat or the tempo of the song either, and those factors add up to the seventh-worst song of 2017 so far.

      Delete
    6. Now, it accelerated in spins.

      Delete
  58. http://www.dogstarradio.com/search_playlist.php?artist=&title=Welcome+To+The+Black+Parade&channel=2&month=&date=&shour=&sampm=&stz=&ehour=&eampm=
    Why hasn't Hits 1 stopped this yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well most people disagree with you on that. Me personally, I believe that this song is better than a lot of today's hits combined. It's easily one of the best songs of 2006 and is still amazing to this day.

      Plus, at least this song has some real meaning to it unlike songs today like Bad Things.

      Delete
    2. I haven't given it a listen, but considering it's My Chemical Romance and my eternal job to hate emo culture my best bet is that I'd probably hate it.

      Delete
  59. The voting poll is still pretty weird because Hands To Myself, Stone Cold, The Night Is Young, In The Name Of Love, & Chase You Down are still available for vote. And Good Life, Thumbs, & Hard Times aren't available for vote.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Also, Shape of You is expected to be #1 on the Mainstream (aka Pop Songs) next week for the tenth week which makes Hollow Man happy but not me.

    ReplyDelete
  61. NEW MUSIC ALERT: D.R.A.M./A$AP Rocky/Juicy J - Gilligan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heard that song already. I don't like it.

      Delete
    2. I'm sorry Parker, but I don't like that song at all.

      Delete
    3. I like it, but it's nothing amazing.

      DOUBLE NEW MUSIC ALERT: Tyga/Lil Wayne - Act Ghetto

      This one's a lot better. It's really catchy and although Tyga kinda disappoints, Lil Wayne does a really good job on his part.

      Delete
  62. Voting for round 2 is out! Hurry up and vote because I could change it back to Tuesday like I originally planned.

    ReplyDelete
  63. The April 15 edition of the Hit 45 Chart is out! Also the April 8 edition has been out since Wednesday. I'm slowly catching up.

    ReplyDelete
  64. The Hot 45 Chart for April 8th is now out guys!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Good news, (not an Ocean Park Standoff reference), Bad Things has finally accelerated in spins so take that haters.

    ReplyDelete