Sunday, February 5, 2017

Maroon 5 (3) – Week Of February 4, 2017

Hey guys! I did have one busy weekend, which is why this post is a little late. First off, last night was the Winter Formal dance at my school and I actually went with a few of my friends. I'll talk more about that later in the post. Today was also Super Bowl Sunday. I really only watched for Lady Gaga's halftime performance, though I did see how the game went and who won (thanks to social media). As far as the countdown goes, it was okay. I'm not crazy about the debuts for the most part. But the Top 10 did have a little bit of change, which is always good. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.


  • Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill (#28)
  • Justin Timberlake – Can't Stop The Feeling (#34) [10 Weeks At #1]
  • Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ – Cold Water (#38)
  • DNCE – Body Moves (#41)
  • Fifth Harmony – That's My Girl (#44)
  • Andy Grammer – Fresh Eyes (#45)

Last Week's #1 Song: Twenty One Pilots – Heathens
The Countdown
45. Gnash/Olivia O'Brien – I Hate U, I Love U (#43)
44. The Chainsmokers/Daya – Don't Let Me Down (#36) [3 Weeks At #1]
43. OneRepublic – Kids (#39)
42. Pitbull/Flo Rida/LunchMoney Lewis – Greenlight (#42)
41. Ariana Grande – Into You (#40)
40. Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha – In The Name Of Love (#33)
39. Hey Violet – Guys My Age (DEBUT)
38. Lady Gaga – Million Reasons (#22)
37. Twenty One Pilots – Ride (#32)
36. Adele – Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#35) [1 Week At #1]
35. Rihanna – Love On The Brain (DEBUT)
34. Coldplay/Beyoncé – Hymn For The Weekend (#26)
33. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber – Let Me Love You (#27)
32. Julia Michaels – Issues (DEBUT)
31. The Weeknd/Daft Punk – I Feel It Coming (#31)
30. Lukas Graham – You're Not There (#37)
29. Daya – Words (DEBUT)
28. James Arthur – Say You Won't Let Go (#30)
27. Twenty One Pilots – Heavydirtysoul (DEBUT)
26. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson – Just Hold On (#29)
25. Sia/Kendrick Lamar – The Greatest (#2)
24. Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better (#20) [2 Weeks At #1]
23. X Ambassadors – Unsteady (#21)
22. The Chainsmokers – Paris (DEBUT)
21. Charli XCX – After The Afterparty (#24)
20. Bruno Mars – 24K Magic (#19)
19. Panic! At The Disco – Death Of A Bachelor (#16)
18. Runaground – Chase You Down (#9)
17. Train – Play That Song (#23)
16. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Side To Side (#25)
15. Niall Horan – This Town (#5)
14. The Weeknd/Daft Punk – Starboy (#6)
13. Alessia Cara – Scars To Your Beautiful (#12)
12. John Legend – Love Me Now (#13)
11. Twenty One Pilots – Heathens (#1) [1 Week At #1]
10. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello – Bad Things (#15)
  9. Adele – Water Under The Bridge (#10)
  8. Zayn/Taylor Swift – I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#17)
  7. Jon Bellion – All Time Low (#11)
  6. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd – Starving (#3) [4 Weeks At #1]
  5. Fitz & The Tantrums – HandClap (#18)
  4. Shawn Mendes – Mercy (#7)
  3. Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You (#14)
  2. The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer (#4) [8 Weeks At #1]
  1. Maroon 5 – Don't Wanna Know (#8) [3rd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Adele – Hello

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Sia/Kendrick Lamar – The Greatest (–23)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Fitz & The Tantrums – HandClap (+13)

New Entrants
~ We'll go from worst to best with the debuts. To kick it all off, we have Rihanna – Love On The Brain. Honestly, this is not the Rihanna I used to know and love. I get that she's trying something new, but this just does not work at all. She cannot do slow ballads. Her voice is obnoxious all throughout the verses. The way she hits the high notes literally makes me cringe. As of right now, this song is the worst single off of that disappointment of an album titled Anti. But like I said, she experimented here and it unfortunately did not work out in her favor. I say this all the time, but Rihanna used to be one of my favorite artists. But unfortunately this entire album has changed that significantly. Here's to hoping this song doesn't do well on here because it is utter shit.

~ Next we have Hey Violet with Guys My Age. I was questioning this one since the very first listen and it only got worse from there. First off, the production is beyond cringe-worthy. At first, this was the only thing that affected what I thought of the song, which is why it was already blue to begin with. But once I started actually paying attention to the lyrics, that's when I officially had it with this song. The lead vocalist is like 18 years old and she apparently has a problem with guys her age. For those unaware, I am very close to her age (17 turning 18 in a few months). She's making it sound like all guys her age are immature, which is completely false. And she thinks that dating older guys is what's going to solve the problem. There are plenty of nice guys out there that are her age. She has just simply failed to find them. Ultimately, the lyrical content is beyond stupid and the way she delivers it makes the song even worse. I have no idea if this song is supposed to attract older guys. But in my opinion, this is one of the furthest things from sexy I have ever heard. If you have not heard this song, I recommend you just skip over it. It's not worth your time. Please save your ears.

~ Next we have Julia Michaels with Issues. It's really the production that kills this song. The lyrical content is okay. But the way it's delivered is simply not working for me. I'm not head-over-heels in love with Julia Michaels' vocals either. Overall, this song is weird. And not the good kind of weird. Maybe it'll grow on me. It's possible. But as of right now, I do not like this song. I don't hate it like the first two debuts, but I certainly don't like it.

~ Daya is back (hooray.....). Really the only thing about Words that is kind of catchy is the chorus. But everything else just isn't that interesting. I would've appreciated if we had more time between this song's entrance and Sit Still, Look Pretty's departure so that I could start to appreciate Daya once again. But I'm still pretty over her after Sit Still, Look Pretty. And of course, Hits 1 is probably going to overplay this song. Hopefully it doesn't last long. While it is in blue, it's slightly closer to red than it is to green.

~ Now we're getting into the good stuff. Having the highest debut of the week up at #22, we have The Chainsmokers featuring Emily Warren with Paris. This song is definitely different compared to Roses, Don't Let Me Down, and of course Closer. Andrew Taggart's are definitely improving as well. He takes on over 90% of the song and I'm impressed by his vocals. The production, while it may not be as good as songs like Roses, is still good. I like the build-up and the drop at the end. Overall, it's a good song. Is it amazing? No. But I'm sure this will be a song that'll stick with me for a little while at the very least.

~ We now come to the best debut of the week, which ironically comes from Twenty One Pilots, a band that I tend to be a little critical to. But at this very moment, Heavydirtysoul is a fantastic song. I'm sure it's received some criticism for Tyler Joseph's "rapping". The reason for the quotation marks is because Joseph himself says that it's not rapping. But I think he does a very nice job during those verses and I love the way it leads into that slower pre-chorus, which then leads into the once again fast chorus. The vocal performance on this track is exceptional, which is where I started to criticize Ride. I love the production and the lyrical content is very good as well. Overall, I am really enjoying this one. It'll probably be overplayed to death. But for the time being, I stick by my decision to call this song the best debut of the week.


Hit-Bound
~ Here is the Hit-Bound list:


  • AJR – Weak (DEBUT)
  • Flo Rida/99 Percent – Cake (DEBUT)
  • Calum Scott – Dancing On My Own
  • Bruno Mars – That's What I Like
  • Bebe Rexha – I Got You
  • Imagine Dragons – Believer (DEBUT)
  • Snakehips/MØ – Don't Leave
  • MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low
  • Panic! At The Disco – L.A. Devotee (DEBUT)
  • James Hersey – Miss You (DEBUT)
  • Little Mix – Shout Out To My Ex
  • Bruno Mars – Versace On The Floor
  • The Vamps/Matoma – All Night (DEBUT)
  • Noah Cyrus/Labrinth – Make Me (Cry)

~ Long story short, Weak is not that different from AJR's previous songs. The vocals are very weak on this one (see what I did there?). It's no surprise that Cake is on the same compilation as Juju On That Beat, because it's just as shitty. Flo Rida, what happened?

~ Imagine Dragons appear to be trying something new that is not working for them at all. The chorus is literally just yelling and I'm sorry, but that just does not impress me. In fact, it's actually pretty damn annoying.

~ L.A. Devotee is probably the best debut this week. I enjoyed this song when it was released as a promotional single and I still enjoy it to this day. It's got a really catchy chorus to it. Is it their best? No. But it's very fun.

~ Miss You really isn't anything special. More words on it if it debuts. Finally, we have the return of The Vamps with producer Matoma. All Night is catchy and all, but it doesn't stand out as much as Somebody To You. I do like it though.

~ Do we really need both Bruno Mars songs here? Can we please get rid of at least one of them (preferably both)?


Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low
2. Panic! At The Disco – L.A. Devotee
3. Bebe Rexha – I Got You
4. Little Mix – Shout Out To My Ex
5. The Vamps/Matoma – All Night


Winter Formal
~ So my school's winter formal did take place last night. I went with a few of my friends and we had a great time. Here are the songs I remember hearing.


  • Avicii/Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up
  • Beyoncé – Sorry
  • Britney Spears – Till The World Ends
  • Bruno Mars – 24K Magic
  • Calvin Harris/Florence Welch – Sweet Nothing
  • The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer
  • Daddy Yankee – Gasolina
  • Darude – Sandstorm*
  • DJ Snake/Justin Bieber – Let Me Love You
  • Drake – Hotline Bling
  • Fetty Wap – Trap Queen
  • Flo Rida – Good Feeling
  • Flo Rida/Sage The Gemini/Lookas – GDFR
  • Flo Rida/T-Pain – Low
  • Icona Pop – I Love It
  • Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy
  • Justin Bieber – Sorry
  • Justin Bieber/Ludacris – Baby
  • Justin Bieber/Nicki Minaj – Beauty and a Beat
  • Justin Timberlake – Can't Stop The Feeling
  • LMFAO – Party Rock Anthem
  • LMFAO – Sexy and I Know It
  • Miley Cyrus – Party In The U.S.A.
  • Nicki Minaj – Anaconda
  • Nicki Minaj – Starships
  • Omi – Cheerleader
  • One Direction – What Makes You Beautiful
  • Pitbull/Ne-Yo/Afrojack/Nayer – Give Me Everything
  • Rae Sremmurd/Gucci Mane – Black Beatles
  • Rihanna/Drake – Work
  • Sean Paul – Temperature
  • + many more I don't remember/don't know

*Yes, they actually played this.

Like all dances, it was really fun. There were barely any slow songs. It was mostly the fast, upbeat songs, which I like. But yeah, it was a lot of fun. My next and final dance this year will be Senior Prom in May, which I will be sure to post about when that time comes.


Heavydirtyblurbs
~ Don't Wanna Know is going through exactly what I didn't want it to go through. I said from the very beginning that this song will not survive radio overplay and it's getting beaten up pretty bad right now. Hopefully this can end soon.

~ I did hear Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You air as a "Most Wutchuwanted Song" this past week. So it jumping into the Top 3 isn't really surprising. However, what is surprising is the jump into the Top 5 from Fitz & The Tantrums – HandClap. This one rose to the peak pretty damn quickly and I'm surprised. This is the same song that only jumped two spots on its second week. It definitely recovered quickly.

~ Shawn Mendes – Mercy jumping into the Top 5 also isn't surprising. At this very moment, this is the Top 5 that I want to see hit #1 next week. Either this or Shape Of You. Even HandClap would be acceptable. I just want something other than Don't Wanna Know.

~ Aside from HandClap and Shape Of You, we have three more entrants into the Top 10, one of which being a re-entry from Jon Bellion – All Time Low (thank you very much voters). The other two come from Zayn/Taylor Swift – I Don't Wanna Live Forever and Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello – Bad Things. I am happier with latter of the two. The former is still good, but it's been slightly fading on me. Hopefully if I don't listen to it for a while it'll get a little better.

~ Train – Play That Song is getting a lot more popular than I thought it would. It is definitely a good song. It's just a little different than what I'm used to from these guys.

~ And just when we thought that Sia/Kendrick Lamar – The Greatest had a shot at #1, it drops all the way down to #25. Ouch. So much for this being a #1 song. But I'm kind of fine with it in a way because now it may not become as annoying as Cheap Thrills.

~ The Weeknd/Daft Punk – I Feel It Coming once again holds at #31. I want to see this song be a hit. I've been listening to it repeatedly all week and it has only gotten better after each listen. So I'd appreciate if it can make some jump into the upper half of the countdown.

~ Coldplay – Hymn For The Weekend has dropped out of the Top 30 for the first time. Something tells me this song's journey may be coming to an end. I'm not necessarily sad about it because it did have a very good run on the countdown. But I am hoping it can hold out for a little while longer.

~ The drop from Lady Gaga – Million Reasons was rather unnecessary, especially right before her big Super Bowl half-time performance. As for how the performance went, I'll see if I can give a full-on review in a new post sometime this week. If not, I'll just straight up tell you what I thought of it. But I'll try to do a post like I did last year when Coldplay performed.

~ As far as the exits go, Can't Stop The Feeling had a nice run. Cold Water did pretty good too. I'm very pleased to see Fresh Eyes leave. That's My Girl was growing out of me and I was starting to get sick of Body Moves. Finally we have Castle On The Hill, which has set the record this year for the shortest tenure of the year lasting only two weeks. This was a little uncalled for, especially since I was just starting to really like the song. But oh well.

~ The Hit 45 Chart for this week is currently being worked on and will be posted as soon as possible.

Top 20 Review
0 – Crap:
NONE

1 – Bad:
20. Bruno Mars – 24K Magic

2 – Mediocre:
19. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd – Starving

3 – Decent:
18. Niall Horan – This Town

4 – Good:
17. Maroon 5 – Don't Wanna Know

5 – Great:
16. Twenty One Pilots – Heathens
15. Zayn/Taylor Swift – I Don't Wanna Live Forever
14. Train – Play That Song
13. Panic! At The Disco – Death Of A Bachelor
12. The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer
11. The Weeknd/Daft Punk – Starboy
10. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Side To Side
9. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello – Bad Things
8. Fitz & The Tantrums – HandClap
7. Alessia Cara – Scars To Your Beautiful
6. John Legend – Love Me Now
5. Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You
4. Adele – Water Under The Bridge
3. Shawn Mendes – Mercy
2. Runaground – Chase You Down
1. Jon Bellion – All Time Low

Total Score: 90/100 = 90% (A–)


Throwback Pick Of The Week: Lady Gaga/Beyoncé – Telephone

Most Missed Countdown Song: Lady Gaga – Applause

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Troye Sivan/Betty Who – Heaven

Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: Justin Bieber – Sorry


My Top 5 Picks
1. Jon Bellion – All Time Low
2. Runaground – Chase You Down
3. Lady Gaga – Million Reasons
4. The Weeknd/Daft Punk – I Feel It Coming
5. Coldplay – Hymn For The Weekend

576 comments:

  1. I will now review the winter formal playlist you provided:

    Wake Me Up (GREEN)
    Sorry (BLUE)
    Til The World Ends (BLUE)
    24K Magic (GREEN)
    Sweet Nothing (GREEN)
    Closer (PURPLE)
    Gasolina (BLUE)
    Sandstorm (GREEN)
    Let Me Love You (YELLOW)
    Hotline Bling (BLUE)
    Trap Queen (YELLOW)
    Good Feeling (BLUE)
    GDFR (GREEN)
    Low (GREEN)
    I Love It (GREEN)
    Fancy (BLUE)
    Sorry (GREEN)
    Baby (RED)
    Beauty And A Beat (RED)
    Can't Stop The Feeling (GREEN)
    Party Rock Anthem (GREEN)
    Sexy & I Know It (RED)
    Party In The U.S.A. (GREEN)
    Anaconda (ORANGE)
    Starships (BLUE)
    Cheerleader (BLUE)
    What Makes You Beautiful (BLUE)
    Give Me Everything (BLUE)
    Black Beatles (BLUE)
    Work (GREEN)
    Temperature (GREEN)

    How is Give Me Everything the best song they played and not Closer, and don't say overplay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's just say that I was jamming out much harder to Give Me Everything than I was to Closer. But putting airplay aside, Give Me Everything is still a better song than Closer in my opinion. But I feel like the throwbacks were the ones I had the most fun with because I haven't heard them in a while. Songs like Good Feeling, Temperature, Party In The U.S.A., Party Rock Anthem, etc.

      Delete
    2. I just don't think its all that amazing. Its a good song don't get me wrong, but I feel that Closer is so much better, and I know a lot of people will disagree with that though.

      Delete
    3. I agree with Miles about Anaconda, perhaps it's my least favorite song of all time.

      Delete
    4. I find Anaconda to be So Bad It's Good. Of those, my pick for orange would probably be Sexy And I Know It.

      As for Give Me Everything, I wouldn't say it's an outright standout, although it fared really well for a song that only had one week at #1.

      Delete
    5. Well I hate Anaconda, but I think Stupid Hoe, London Bridge and Fack are much, MUCH worse.

      Delete
    6. Closer is really really bland in my opinion. A disposable song

      Delete
  2. Songs impacting Hot/Modern/AC radio today:
    Julia Michaels - Issues
    Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me (Cry)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I knew he wasn't gonna like Believer. I had a feeling he's still too jaded from I Bet My Life back in 2015.

    Also, I'm surprised to see I Love It in green. Wasn't there a time when he and CountdownRecap thought it was like the worst thing ever?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Adrian actually that thought that. I think he had I Love It in red for most of its tenure.

      Delete
    2. Then a few months ago he had it in blue and said that sometimes it can be fun but annoying at other times. I know what that kind of mentality is like.

      Delete
    3. I don't think the color-code existed back then. At other times like the 7/4/14 countdown with all of the bonus summer hits, he had it in blue. But CountdownRecap hated it, I know that.

      Delete
    4. ., you've invited to come to a music party very soon. So come join in and dance with me.

      Delete
    5. And if that imposter Katetronaut or that rude SliderOnTheBack come, we will throw the giant celebratory cake in their faces.

      Delete
    6. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7678024/ask-billboard-how-historic-is-the-chainsmokers-closer

    Ask Billboard: How Historic Is The Chainsmokers' 'Closer'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Just in case he deletes it, this said "*gunshots fired*"

      Delete
  6. Billboard Hot 100 so far:

    1. Shape of You
    2. Bad & Bad
    3. I Don't Wanna Live Forever
    4. Bad Song
    5. Closer
    6. Don't Wanna Know (Why People Like This)
    7. Starboy
    8. Fake Love
    9. Black Beatles
    10. Scars To Your Beautiful
    11. Paris
    16. I Feel it Coming
    19. T-Shirt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. YAY!!!
      2. Thank you for letting Shape of You at #1.
      3. Could this hit the top spot?
      4. ^ (and I hope so)
      5. I'm sick of this song.
      6. It's an alright song.
      7. ^
      8. Haven't heard it a lot, but I remember that it sounded like One Dance.
      9. Haven't heard it a lot either.
      10. No comment.
      11. Lower than average compared to any Chainsmokers song.
      16. Keep jumping!
      19. Never heard at all.

      Delete
    2. 1. This song fucking sucks!
      2. ...
      3. Same as #1
      4. Same as #1 and 3
      5. Okay then.
      6. Tired of it.
      7. It's still somewhat good.
      8. Meh.
      9. Not surprised.
      10. Still hate it.
      11. Don't really care.
      16. ^
      19. YAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    3. 1. Good song I like it
      2. Ehh...
      3. Pretentious Garbage
      4. Good song
      5. Hate it
      6. BEST SONG ON THE CHARTS
      7. Good
      8. Good
      9. Meh
      10. Vocals nice, bland under baked melody

      Delete
    4. 1. Yes!!!
      2. It's Bad & Boujee, not Bad & Bad.
      3. Okay.
      4. It's Bad Things, not Bad Song.
      5. Ugh!!!
      6. Yay!!!
      7. Bad
      8. Horrible
      9. Yuck!!!
      10. Please leave!!!
      11. I love it!!!
      16. Ehh...
      19. Never heard it before.

      Delete
    5. No its bad because I hate it you idiot!

      Delete
  7. More Hot 100:

    14. Love On The Brain (=)
    24. Rockabye (+8)
    28. Water Under The Bridge (–2)
    37. Down (+15)
    41. Play That Song (+19)

    And Million Reasons left but will probably be back next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now who the hell has been voting for the shitty Rockabye? Please cut it out.

      Delete
    2. Everyone besides you. That was partially an insult to me.

      Delete
    3. I see why Parker dislikes it as it's really only okay to me.

      Delete
    4. That songs success probably won't last long. It's just digital sales and it's not at all popular streaming wise, nor does it get any airplay. And every song I find decent/mediocre you hate I guess. Other examples include Say You Won't Let Go, Don't Wanna Know, This Town, and Chase You Down.

      Delete
    5. No, Million Reasons won't be back next week.

      Delete
    6. Parker, you do realize that the Hot 100 has nothing to do with voting like Hits 1, its based on what's hot on streaming, sales, airplay and YouTube.

      Delete
    7. Play that song's only boosting because of the album release.

      Delete
    8. By voting I did mean streaming, sales, and airplay.

      Delete
    9. 28: Del-Water under the bridge

      Delete
    10. Rockabye actually has meaning to it, unlike things such as ******, **** ** **** **** and *** *** ******. And yeah I'm always bitching about Mark censoring song names for no reason but for those three it's necessary.

      I will agree on Play That Song though. Fuck that one.

      Delete
    11. 14. Ugh!!!
      24. Yay!!!
      28. Great song!!!
      37. I love it!!!
      41. Fine.

      Delete
  8. Parker, please change your profile pic right now, I don't like your profile pic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't wanna. Live forever is one of the blandest pop songs of 2016 ugh. It's a red for me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why is hits 1 doing this again? Many of these songs new on hit bound aren't even charting anywhere.... Yet you're letting songs like Rockabye ( a good song ) and Way Down We Go suffer because of it

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just started work on the post that'll be my top 50 and bottom 10 songs of 2016. Expect it to come out by the end of the week or the beginning of next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want you can start taking guesses as to what both lists will look like. Just like the top 5 though.

      Delete
    2. Well then actually do it rather than just saying you'll do it.

      Delete
  12. Shout Out To My Ex needs to leave HitBound and not debut the countdown, this song sucks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Touch needs to debut HitBound to replace Shout Out to My Ex.

      Delete
    2. Are you talking about the one by Pia Mia? I like that song.

      Delete
    3. No, I'm talking about the one by Little Mix.

      Delete
    4. No, you're wrong, more wrong than when the Prim Minister for Britain proclaimed "peace for our time" almost 1 year before Hitler invaded Poland. That's how wrong Chase is.

      Delete
    5. Touch by Little Mix really sucks...

      Delete
  13. More hot 100 so far:
    50: Ed Sheeran-Castle on the hill(39)(-11)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. This comment said:

      "More billboard hot 100 so far:
      Miles needs to be towed off the blog."

      😂

      Delete
    3. 50. Castle on the Hill needs to move back up!!!

      Delete
  14. #1 Recommendation For Hits 1: PnB Rock/A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie/Quavo - Playa No More

    This one's likely to debut very high on COAEP this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a hip-hop song, Parker. Hits 1 doesn't like rap songs.

      Delete
    2. Well hopefully they can actually realize that hip hop isn't all that bad and start adding songs like this to their playlist.

      Delete
  15. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I lost my voice.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Question for my new series:

    What your favorite Mumford & Sons song?

    Me: Little lion man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Will Wait. That one will probably be in my top 100, maybe even top 50, songs of all-time.

      Delete
    2. I like that one too.

      Delete
    3. Have you heard little lion man?

      Delete
  17. Okay seriously, do people still like Chase and his stupidity? He needs to cut it out, its fucking irritating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't said recently that I like Chase's stupidity. I still do believe that he has autism though.

      Delete
    2. All I know is I am so fucking sick of him replying to every fucking comment with some random bullshit that makes no goddamn sense! He is nothing but a troll, and uses autism as an excuse and that personally offends me.

      Delete
  18. This Week in Billboard Chart History: In 2009, Kelly Clarkson Made a Record Leap to No. 1 on the Hot 100

    "My Life Would Suck Without You" rocketed 97-1. Plus, remembering feats by Paula Abdul, Katy Perry & Al Green.

    Feb. 6, 1988
    Tiffany began a two-week stay atop the Billboard Hot 100 with her ballad "Could've Been," the follow-up to her career-opening No. 1, "I Think We're Alone Now."

    Feb. 7, 2009
    Kelly Clarkson scored her second of three Billboard Hot 100 No. 1s to date, as "My Life Would Suck Without You" rocketed 97-1. The vault remains the biggest to the top (or any position) in the chart's history. Three months earlier, Britney Spears had soared 96-1 with "Womanizer."

    Feb. 8, 1992
    Before there was LMFAO and "Sexy and I Know It," Right*Said*Fred similarly boasted "I'm Too Sexy," which began a three-week Billboard Hot 100 command 25 years ago today.

    Feb. 9, 1991
    Everybody danced then: C+C Music Factory took over atop the Billboard Hot 100 for the first of two weeks with "Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)."

    Feb. 10, 1990
    Paula Abdul and her cartoon pals the Wild Pair began a two-week reign atop the Billboard Hot 100 with "Opposites Attract," the fourth No. 1 from her debut album Forever Your Girl. Almost exactly a year earlier (Feb. 11, 1989), "Straight Up" had become the set's first leader.

    Feb. 11, 2012
    Katy Perry made history that will be tough to top: "The One That Got Away" became the record-extending sixth No. 1 on the Pop Songs airplay chart from her album Teenage Dream. The set had previously made its mark by tying Michael Jackson's Bad (1987-88) as the only releases to generate five No. 1s apiece on the Billboard Hot 100.

    Feb. 12, 1972
    One of the all-time slow jams, Al Green's "Let's Stay Together" grooved to the top of the Billboard Hot 100.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  20. http://mymusicreviewingblog2.blogspot.com/2017/02/blog-introduction.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    4. So my nightly sibling rivalry with my brother is interrupted with this?

      Delete
    5. Yes, Anonymous is showing that he has no life because he has time to bully people.

      Delete
    6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    7. No, I remember that troll and I named myself after her. I'll change my name if you want. And NEW PP.

      Delete
    8. What. the. heck.

      Delete
    9. @Parker are you part of shark tank?

      Delete
  21. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hits 1 Recommendations (some may already be on Hits 1)!

    Recommended Downloads
    for KING & COUNTRY - Priceless

    Aaron Carter - Sooner or Later

    Flume/Vic Mensa - Lose It

    Trey Songz - Push It on Me

    Deep Pocket Thieves - Memphis Saturday

    Patrick Stump - Who's the (Bat) Man

    Mariah Carey/YG - I Don't

    The Band Perry - Stay in the Dark

    Morgxn - Home

    Taron Egerton - I'm Still Standing

    Cemetery Sun - Fake Love

    Ocean Park Standoff - Good News

    Lost Kings/Emily Warren - Phone Down

    Calum Scott - Dancing on My Own

    Ariana Grande/Future - Everyday

    Jacob Whitesides - Focus

    Shawn Mendes - Lights On

    Little Mix - Touch

    Migos/Lil Uzi Vert - Bad and Boujee

    marshmello/Wrabel - Ritual

    PARTYNEXTDOOR/Vybz Kartel - Not Nice

    Los 5 - Kings & Queens

    Alx Veliz - U+Me

    Panic! at the Disco - Death of a Bachelor

    James Hersey - Miss You

    Taylor Grey - Never Woulda Letcha

    Ryan Gosling & Emma Stone - City of Stars

    DJ Khaled/JAY Z/Future - I Got the Keys

    John Legend - Love Me Now

    The Shins - Name for You

    Rag'n'Bone Man - Human

    OneRepublic - Let's Hurt Tonight

    The Weeknd - Party Monster

    Lindsey Stirling/ZZ Ward - Hold My Heart

    Dillon Francis/Will Heard - Anywhere

    Rachel Brown - I Wanna Dance with Somebody

    Childish Gambino - Redbone

    G-Eazy/Marc E. Bassy/Earwulf - Some Kind of Drug

    Bastille - Blame

    Anna Kendrick/Justin Timberlake - True Colors

    Afrojack/Ty$ - Gone

    James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go

    Chance the Rapper/Knox Fortune - All Night

    James TW - When You Love Someone

    Lukas Graham - You're Not There

    gnash/johnny yukon - home

    Luis Fonsi/Daddy Yankee - Despacito

    MAX/gnash - Lights Down Low

    GrandTheft/Delaney Jane - Easy Go

    RUNAGROUND - Chase You Down

    Kelly Clarkson - It's Quiet Uptown

    Drake - Fake Love

    Good Charlotte - Life Can't Get Much Better

    Frankie Z - Forever Girl

    Daya - Words

    BeBe Rexha - I Got You

    Kiiara/Ashley All Day - dopemang

    Far★East Movement x marshmello/Chanyeol/Tinashe - Freal Luv

    Big Sean/Kanye West - Bounce Back

    Post Malone/Justin Bieber - Deja Vu

    Mura Masa/A$AP Rocky - Love$ick

    Erin Bowman - Good Time Good Life

    Alessia Cara - River of Tears

    Sabrina Carpenter - Thumbs

    Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me (Cry)

    Nicky Jam - El Amante

    Bridgit Mendler/Marian Hill - Do You Miss Me at All

    J Balvin/Pharrell Williams/BIA/Sky Rompiendo El Bajo - Safari

    Tove Lo/Wiz Khalifa - Influence

    Chris Brown/Usher/Gucci Mane - Party

    R3hab - Icarus

    Grey/Bahari - I Miss You

    DVBBS - Never Leave

    Jax Jones/RAYE - You Don't Know Me

    Chino & Nacho - Andas En Mi Cabeza

    Vice - Steady 1 2 3 4

    Sage the Gemini - Now & Later

    Grace VanderWaal - I Don't Know My Name

    Broods - Heartlines

    Colony House - You & I

    Pat Benatar - Shine

    Sjowgren - Seventeen

    Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill

    Bruno Mars - That's What I Like

    Maggie Rogers - Alaska

    KYLE/Lil Yachty - iSpy

    Maggie Lindemann - Pretty Girl

    Andreas Moss - Thinking About You

    Cage the Elephant - Cold Cold Cold

    The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Paris

    Kungs/Ephemerals - I Feel So Bad

    SYMON - NO WAY (I'M FXXKING YOU)

    Whitney Wolanin - Never Said No

    HALSEY - Not Afraid Anymore

    DJ Luke Nasty - OTW (On the Way)

    Hardwell/Jay Sean - Thinking About You

    Sigma/Birdy - Find Me

    Nevada/Mark Morrison/Fetty Wap - The Mack

    Adele - All I Ask

    Martin Garrix & Dua Lipa - Scared to Be Lonely

    Zara Larsson/Ty$ - So Good

    Snakehips & MO - Don't Leave

    Mokita x Cade - Monopoly

    Austin Mahone/Pitbull - Lady

    Martin Solveig - Places

    Dua Lipa - Hotter than Hell

    The Vamps & Matoma - All Night

    Farruko/Ky-Mani Marley - Chillax

    Rae Sremmurd - Swang

    Grouplove - Welcome to Your Life

    Z/Fetty Wap - Nobody's Better

    Mondo Cozmo - Shine

    Jerad Finck - Criminal

    SWMRS - Palm Trees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry if hats too many and I'll remove it if you want me to

      Delete
    2. This is exactly what chase does

      Delete
    3. My favorite from this list is That's What I Like. I LOVE the new Bruno Mars.

      Delete
    4. The spacing is atrocious, some of them Hits 1 will never add, and some of them are already on Hit-Bound. At least narrow it down to five, maybe ten, but this is too much.

      Delete
    5. ^

      @Miles what do you think of this?

      Delete
    6. Agreed. Once again another blogger day of idioticness.

      Delete
    7. My favorite is I Got You.

      Delete
    8. Why would you make this list and let us scroll for a longer time?

      Delete
    9. You just copied that from Chase's recommended downloads section. No wonder it says "Recommended Downloads" at the top.

      Delete
  24. @Everyone

    Do you watch Shark Tank?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Look what i found: http://mymusicreviewingblog2.blogspot.com/2017/02/blog-introduction.html?showComment=1486432352575#c7598920842662479085

    ReplyDelete
  26. Adrian, I doubt you'll be reading this, but if you are, I need to tell you something. From now on, PLEASE delete EVERY SINGLE hateful, annoying, or unnecessary comment on this blog, even if it is from me. I know you support the first amendment but this is getting super annoying. I hate that we've said that we were going to do something about this for an entire year and we're still in this position. This comment section is absolutely NOTHING compared to two years ago. I feel like former commenters like Trance or maybe even Thatchos (who is hiding on Pulse Music Boards) went away from these blogs because of all the hate or annoyingness going on. I even feel ashamed that I'm involved in this when I just see comments from Ethan saying "This comment section is just everyone complaining about everyone" or Scott just posting a random music-related comment, just ignoring this whole thing. I don't wanna go on like this and it's unfair that A MUSIC BLOG IS ATTRACTING TROLLS. And I suggest that we cut down on telling people to stop doing this or that, no matter who you are. Email Blogger about this if you want, because I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "just posting a random music-related comment, just ignoring this whole thing."

      Yeah, I'm too cool for drama. B)

      Delete
  27. The next troll that comes, I'm taking a 2 week hiatus from commenting. This is getting ridiculous. I agree with everything that . said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Random question, do you look at these blogs for the majority of your day? (Besides school)

      Delete
    2. I just said I'm not a troll, I'm a real boy.

      Delete
    3. No, usually a half hour at tops a day.

      Delete
    4. Oh okay. For me I look at these blogs a lot so if you were going to take a hiatus then I will join you.

      Delete
    5. ^ Same, except were not allowed to use our phones in school.

      Delete
    6. I don't look at this blog in school. But you are partially allowed to use phones in my school.

      Delete
  28. New Music Alert: Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained to the Rhythm (expected to be released on Friday, February 10)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That song will only get huge sales for the first week or two, and then flop harder than Rise and Make Me did.

      Delete
    2. Chained to the Rhythm is not released yet.

      Delete
    3. He said "expected to be released on Friday, February 10" are you fucking stupid Chase?

      Delete
  29. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: ******* *****
    #1 Recommendation for You: OneRepublic - Let's Hurt Tonight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do you keep on censuring the song?!

      Delete
    2. I'm waiting until someone can guess it. Until then, this song will be kept censored.

      Delete
    3. I don't think anyone is going to get it. And its not just one song, you keep on doing it a lot for multiple different songs. Just tell us the song, we can't keep this guessing game up.

      Delete
    4. Only Parker is allowed to censor song names, like ***'* ***** *** and ***** *******. (Everyone knows what those two are lol.)

      Delete
  30. My link to Song Wars Round 3:

    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1NDoraMwJPt_PA3FV7F8z7oDK0IzvC7iYehLB-jS3hl8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be posting my post up sometime later today or tomorrow! Sorry for the hefty delay!

      Delete
  31. "Lady Gaga's Sales Surge Over 1,000% in Wake of Super Bowl Halftime Show" according to initial sales report from Nielsen Music.

    Oh yeah, expect some of Lady Gaga's songs to re-enter next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That did catch my eye. It was pretty interesting to see over a third of the Top 10 on iTunes consist of old school Gaga.

      Delete
  32. Katetraunot, Anonymous is not a devil.

    ReplyDelete
  33. HitBound spins:
    7-AJR – Weak
    0-Flo Rida/99 Percent – Cake
    19-Calum Scott – Dancing On My Own
    8-Bruno Mars – That's What I Like
    7-Bebe Rexha – I Got You
    5-Imagine Dragons – Believer
    3-Snakehips/MØ – Don't Leave
    8-MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low
    9-Panic! At The Disco – L.A. Devotee
    1-James Hersey – Miss You
    1-Little Mix – Shout Out To My Ex
    0-Bruno Mars – Versace On The Floor
    17-The Vamps/Matoma – All Night
    5-Noah Cyrus/Labrinth – Make Me (Cry)

    That's it, I am so happy about this.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Castle on the Hill is going to re-enter the countdown this week 'cause it has some spins.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Songs impacting pop radio today:
    James Hersey - Miss You
    Julia Michaels - Issues
    The Vamps/Matoma - All Night

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hot 100 entrants: (BTW I will do this every week while someone else does the Hot 100 so far every Monday)
    100. G-Eazy/Marc E. Bassy - Some Kind of Drug (DEBUT)
    99. Nicky Jam - El Amante (DEBUT)
    93. Migos/DJ Khaled - Culture (DEBUT)
    88. Martin Garrix/Dua Lipa - Scared to Be Lonely (DEBUT)
    72. Migos - Get Right Witcha (DEBUT)
    71. Missy Elliott/Lamb - I'm Better (DEBUT)
    66. Major Lazer/PartyNextDoor/Nicki Minaj - Run Up (DEBUT)
    62. Migos - Call Casting (DEBUT)
    58. Migos/Travis Scott - Kelly Price (DEBUT)
    48. Migos/Gucci Mane - Slippery (DEBUT)
    38. Sam Hunt - Body Like a Back Road (DEBUT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Streaming Gainer: 3. Zayn/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever
      Digital Gainer: See above.
      Airplay Gainer: 1. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
      Hot Shot Debut: 38. Sam Hunt - Body Like a Back Road
      Biggest Drop: Carrie Underwood - Dirty Laundry (-24)
      Biggest Jump: Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (+25)

      Delete
    2. Great, now I have to review Culture just because all of the songs are going to probably debut. (Yes I know not all of them have debuted yet, but you never know)

      Delete
    3. Oh my goodness, Body Like A Back Road only had two days of sales and it's already out-peaked Make You Miss Me from last year.

      Oooooh, Spectrum Pulse is gonna have a field day with this one.

      Delete
    4. Aside from the aforementioned jump for Play That Song (joy...), Congratulations by Post Malone featuring Quavo also entered the Top 40. And poor Castle On The Hill continues to drop.

      Delete
    5. Here they are, courtesy of blogger Cicabe Plays:

      Chill Bill by Rob $tone ft. J. Davi$ & Spooks (43, 26 weeks)
      Cold Water by Major Lazer ft. Justin Bieber & MØ (48, 27 weeks)
      Love On The Weekend by John Mayer (91, 2 weeks)
      Good Drank by 2 Chainz ft. Gucci Mane & Quavo (92, 1 week)
      Dancing On My Own by Calum Scott (94, 1 week)
      Sneakin' by Drake ft. 21 Savage (95, 14 weeks)
      Song For Another Time by Old Dominion (96, 18 weeks)
      Million Reasons by Lady Gaga (97, 11 weeks) (this will re-enter pretty high next week)
      Say It by Flume ft. Tove Lo (98, 4 weeks)
      Water by Ugly God (99, 4 weeks)
      Running Back by Wale ft. Lil Wayne (100, 1 week)

      Delete
    6. RIP Good Drank and Running Back. But I'm so happy Water left!

      Delete
  37. http://siriusxmhits1weekendcountdown.blogspot.com/2017/02/maroon-5-3-week-of-february-4-2017.html?showComment=1486431873867#c4899583589638475383

    How many times did we say "I'm seriously done with this guy" And not mean it? Well now i really mean it.

    ReplyDelete
  38. For real, the Hit-Bound spins:
    1/0 - AJR – Weak (DEBUT)
    0/1 - Flo Rida/99 Percent – Cake (DEBUT)
    0/0 - Calum Scott – Dancing On My Own
    0/4 - Bruno Mars – That's What I Like
    1/3 - Bebe Rexha – I Got You
    1/0 - Imagine Dragons – Believer (DEBUT)
    0/1 - Snakehips/MØ – Don't Leave
    1/0 - MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low
    0/0 - Panic! At The Disco – L.A. Devotee (DEBUT)
    0/0 - James Hersey – Miss You (DEBUT)
    2/4 - Little Mix – Shout Out To My Ex
    0/0 - Bruno Mars – Versace On The Floor
    0/1 - The Vamps/Matoma – All Night (DEBUT)
    0/2 - Noah Cyrus/Labrinth – Make Me (Cry)

    The number on the left is how many spins it got yesterday while the number on the right is how many spins it got today. So it looks like That's What I Like, Shout Out to My Ex, and (hopefully) I Got You.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say I Got You would be more likely to debut, because its spins were on both days compared to That's What I Like's being just today.

      Delete
    2. Shout Out to My Ex should not debut, it's horrible.

      Delete
  39. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: marshmello - Alone

    ReplyDelete
  40. Guess the song:
    - I peaked at #5 on the WC and had some time at #1 on the AT40.
    - I was made by two different artists.
    - I spent 3 weeks on COAEP.

    ReplyDelete
  41. NEW MUSIC COMING SOON: Jason Derulo - Swa Lah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember him mentioning that on the New Year's Eve show after midnight. I was pretty sure that Chase was going to be recommending it to Hits 1 immediately.

      Delete
  42. Available for vote on Hits 1:
    Marian Hill - Down
    Little Mix - Touch
    Martin Garrix & Dua Lipa - Scared to Be Lonely
    Jax Jones/RAYE - You Don't Know Me
    Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about Castle On The Hill still being available for vote.

      Delete
  43. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you realize it's people like you that are causing problems within this comment section.

      Delete