Saturday, February 25, 2017

Ed Sheeran (3) – Week Of February 25, 2017

Hey guys! This week was a reasonably good week. We had two good debuts out of three, a great biggest drop and biggest jump, and a good looking Top 20. But we did lose a song that will be missed very much by me. Also, I am aware that my Grammys Performance Review post is still not out. More on that will be down in the blurbs. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.


  • The Chainsmokers/Daya – Don't Let Me Down (#39) [3 Weeks At #1]
  • Runaground – Chase You Down (#41)
  • Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha – In The Name Of Love (#43)

Last Week's #1 Song: Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You
The Countdown
45. Lukas Graham – You're Not There (#42)
44. Pitbull/Flo Rida/LunchMoney Lewis – Greenlight (#45)
43. OneRepublic – Kids (#44)
42. The Weeknd/Daft Punk – Starboy (#37)
41. Coldplay/Beyoncé – Hymn For The Weekend (#38)
40. Charli XCX – After The Afterparty (#15)
39. John Legend – Love Me Now (#29)
38. Bruno Mars – 24K Magic (#27)
37. Noah Cyrus/Labrinth – Make Me (Cry) (DEBUT)
36. Sia/Kendrick Lamar – The Greatest (#35)
35. Niall Horan – This Town (#36)
34. Linkin Park/Kiiara – Heavy (DEBUT)
33. Rihanna – Love On The Brain (#33)
32. Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better (#32) [2 Weeks At #1]
31. Daya – Words (#25)
30. Hey Violet – Guys My Age (#28)
29. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber – Let Me Love You (#31)
28. X Ambassadors – Unsteady (#24)
27. Alessia Cara – Scars To Your Beautiful (#30)
26. Maroon 5 – Don't Wanna Know (#17) [3 Weeks At #1]
25. Bebe Rexha – I Got You (#23)
24. Panic! At The Disco – Death Of A Bachelor (#22)
23. Julia Michaels – Issues (#19)
22. Bruno Mars – That's What I Like (#18)
21. Twenty One Pilots – Heavydirtysoul (#26)
20. Kygo/Selena Gomez – It Ain't Me (DEBUT)
19. James Arthur – Say You Won't Let Go (#40)
18. The Weeknd/Daft Punk – I Feel It Coming (#14)
17. Train – Play That Song (#20)
16. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson – Just Hold On (#13)
15. Maroon 5 – Cold (#34)
14. The Chainsmokers – Paris (#16)
13. Adele – Water Under The Bridge (#7)
12. Katy Perry/Skip Marley – Chained To The Rhythm (#21)
11. Lady Gaga – Million Reasons (#10)
10. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Side To Side (#11)
  9. Twenty One Pilots – Heathens (#12) [2 Weeks At #1]
  8. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd  Starving (#9) [4 Weeks At #1]
  7. Jon Bellion – All Time Low (#5)
  6. Shawn Mendes – Mercy (#4)
  5. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello – Bad Things (#8)
  4. Zayn/Taylor Swift – I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#6)
  3. The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer (#2)
  2. Fitz & The Tantrums – HandClap (#3)
  1. Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You (#1) [2nd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Twenty One Pilots – Stressed Out

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Charli XCX – After The Afterparty (–25)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: James Arthur – Say You Won't Let Go (+21)

New Entrants
~ Let's get the awful debut over with first. Miley Cyrus is definitely a talented individual, especially after watching her as a judge on The Voice. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for her sister, Noah Cyrus. All throughout this song, her voice is just mediocre at best. She could potentially have a good voice, but she does not show it on Make Me (Cry) whatsoever. Not even Labrinth, who produced the amazing Beneath Your Beautiful from 2013, could save this song. I mean, his voice is certainly better than Cyrus'. But in this song, not by much. The production is very weak and very slow. I hate the little sound effects, including the teardrop at the end of the chorus. Ultimately, this song is just pointless, serves no purpose, and will be easily forgotten. Frankly, the only reason this girl is getting some recognition is because of her being Miley Cyrus' sister. Without that, she's nothing. Hopefully this does not become a massive hit.

~ I kind of already talked about Linkin Park/Kiiara – Heavy last week when it debuted on Hit-Bound. I did anticipate on it debuting so soon. But overall, I do like the song. I know it'll face a lot of mixed opinions due to it being yet another change away from rock for Linkin Park. But I do like this song. Chester Bennington's vocals aren't exactly that amazing. He has certainly sounded better in other songs. His voice is pretty much meant for the heavier rock sounds. So it doesn't sound that amazing here. Even Kiiara (who actually sounds pretty good) sounds better than him. Something I find a little disappointing is that we don't get any vocals from Mike Shinoda, who actually has a very good voice rapping and singing. After having heard him in Linkin Park's previous songs as well as the music from his side project, Fort Minor, he is very talented. So I hope that we can hear more vocals from him on future singles.

~ Finally we have It Ain't Me by Kygo featuring Selena Gomez. First off, I really like Kygo. He has had four songs on the Hit 45 Chart, all of which are very good (Stole The Show, Firestone, Here For You, and Stay). He is an excellent producer and DJ and while his songs may not be club bangers necessarily, they do have some pretty chill vibes. Is this his best song? No. I feel like Stole The Show featuring Parson James holds that title. But this is still a good song. The production is very good. Selena Gomez actually does a very nice job on the vocals. Overall it's a great song and I feel like Kygo just got himself a hit bringing in Selena Gomez as the guest vocalist. I hope this song does well and I'm curious as to what Kygo will do next.


Hit-Bound
~ Here is the Hit-Bound list:


  • Snakehips/MØ – Don't Leave
  • MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low
  • Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie – Rockabye
  • Imagine Dragons – Believer
  • Zedd/Alessia Cara – Stay (DEBUT)
  • AJR – Weak
  • James Hersey – Miss You
  • Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill
  • Flo Rida/99 Percent – Cake
  • The Vamps/Matoma – All Night
  • Panic! At The Disco – L.A. Devotee
  • Ariana Grande/Future – Everyday (DEBUT)
  • Little Mix – Touch
  • The Chainsmokers/Coldplay – Something Just Like This (DEBUT)

~ Alessia Cara's vocals shine in Stay. Zedd's production is a little weird and not necessarily what I expected. But it is interesting enough for a few more listens.

~ I can't say I'm enjoying Everyday at this moment. I think I just need to get a few more listens in. But right now it really isn't anything special. I can't see it getting as big as the other three singles from this album.

~ The Chainsmokers/Coldplay – Something Just Like This is absolutely fantastic. More words when it debuts on the countdown.


Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay – Something Just Like This
2. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie – Rockabye
3. MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low
4. The Vamps/Matoma – All Night
5. Panic! At The Disco – L.A. Devotee


It Ain't Blurbs
~ Zayn/Taylor Swift – I Don't Wanna Live Forever and Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello – Bad Things have both jumped into the Top 5 this week. I haven't been listening to the former very much to avoid getting sick of it. But it's getting awfully hard when it comes on Hits 1 a million times.

~ Yes, you are seeing that correctly. I did grow back into Starving very slightly. It has been a little while since I listened to it. But don't plan on seeing it stay like that in a few weeks.

~ Honestly, do we really need Heathens back in the Top 10? It's getting a little annoying how every time I see Twenty One Pilots on Hits 1, I put it on that station in hopes that it's Heavydirtysoul playing, but it ends up being Heathens. I do still enjoy it somewhat, but I don't think it'll be very long until I start to get slightly sick of it. So I'd appreciate it if it started to drop.

~ Maroon 5 – Cold jumped over Don't Wanna Know much quicker than I thought it would. Looks like this song really is going to be a massive hit. Brace yourselves everyone.

~ I am completely okay with that jump into the Top 20 from James Arthur – Say You Won't Let Go. My friend is pretty much addicted to this song and I can understand why. It's a very sweet song that deserves the success it's getting. It's a lot like James Bay – Let It Go. I enjoy it for what it is, a sweet love song.

~ I'm also okay with the drop out of the Top 30 from Daya – Words. It's getting really annoying how Hits 1 overplays Daya's music, so it's nice to see this one drop a little.

~ And Rihanna – Love On The Brain holds. I would appreciate it very much if this song dropped out, like next week.

~ Bruno Mars – 24K Magic and John Legend – Love Me Now both dropped out of the Top 30. One I am very saddened by, and the other I'm very happy with. Hopefully you guys know which one is which based off of my very explicit opinions that I could not have made any more clear.

~ Words cannot explain how pleasing it is to see Charli XCX – After The Afterparty drop not 10, not 15, not 20, but 25 spots! Let's please get this obnoxious childish song off of this countdown!

~ Finally, we have the one exit that I am truly saddened by. It may have seemed like a space filler to everyone at first, but I saw some potential in it. Sure enough, it stayed for quite a while and peaked at #9. It definitely had a successful run on this countdown. And so it saddens me to this song go. But ultimately it did well and that's really all we can ask for. So thank you for your service, Runaground – Chase You Down. You will be missed.

~ The Hit 45 Chart for this week is currently being worked on and will be posted as soon as possible.

~ Unfortunately due to timing, I never did get around to posting a review post for the Grammy's two weeks ago. I feel as though it's a little too late now to post it and I have very little done. So instead, I'll just run through the performances and give each of them a grade out of 20. There are no reviews to go with them. However, if you want me to explain why a certain performance got the score it has, feel free to leave a comment and I'd be more than happy to give a review and explain.


  • Adele – Hello: 20/20 (A+)

  • The Weeknd/Daft Punk – Starboy / I Feel It Coming: 20/20 (A+)

  • Keith Urban/Carrie Underwood – The Fighter: 15/20 (C)

  • Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You: 19/20 (A)

  • Lukas Graham/Kelsea Ballerini – 7 Years / Peter Pan: 16/20 (B–)

  • Beyoncé – Love Drought / Sandcastles: 20/20 (A+)

  • Bruno Mars – That's What I Like: 1/20 (F)

  • Katy Perry/Skip Marley – Chained To The Rhythm: 20/20 (A+)

  • William Bell/Gary Clark Jr. – Born Under A Bad Sign: 14/20 (C–)

  • Maren Morris/Alicia Keys – Once: 17/20 (B)

  • Adele – Fastlove (Tribute To George Michael): 19.5/20 (A+)

  • Metallica/Lady Gaga – Moth Into Flame: 17/20 (B)

  • Sturgill Simpson – All Around You: 13/20 (D)

  • Demi Lovato/Tori Kelly/Little Big Town/Andra Day – Tribute To The Bee Gees (Medley): 18/20 (A–)

  • A Tribute Called Quest/Anderson .Paak/Busta Rhymes/Consequence – Award Tour / Movin Backwards / We The People...: 15.5/20 (C+) [maybe a light 16/20 (B–)]

  • The Time/Bruno Mars – Tribute To Prince (Medley): 19.5/20 (A+)

  • Pentatonix – ABC: 16/20 (B–)

  • Chance The Rapper/Kirk Franklin/Tamela Mann – How Great / All We Got: 15/20 (C)

  • John Legend/Cynthia Erivo – God Only Knows: 19/20 (A)

Like I said, if you want me to review any, leave a comment down below and I'd be happy to explain why a certain performance got the score it has.

Top 20 Review
0 – Crap:
NONE

1 – Bad:
NONE

2 – Mediocre:
NONE

3 – Decent:
NONE

4 – Good:
20. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd – Starving

5 – Great:
19. Zayn/Taylor Swift – I Don't Wanna Live Forever
18. Twenty One Pilots – Heathens
17. Maroon 5 – Cold
16. The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer
15. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello – Bad Things
14. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Side To Side
13. The Chainsmokers – Paris
12. Train – Play That Song
11. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson – Just Hold On
10. James Arthur – Say You Won't Let Go
9. Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You
8. Shawn Mendes – Mercy
7. Kygo/Selena Gomez – It Ain't Me
6. Adele – Water Under The Bridge
5. Fitz & The Tantrums – HandClap
4. Lady Gaga – Million Reasons
3. Jon Bellion – All Time Low

BONUS: 6 – Best Song On The Countdown:
1. TIE: Katy Perry/Skip Marley – Chained To The Rhythm
1. TIE: The Weeknd/Daft Punk – I Feel It Coming

Total Score: 101/100 = 101% (A+)


Throwback Pick Of The Week: Nelly Furtado – Say It Right

Most Missed Countdown Song: Rihanna – Diamonds

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness – Fire Escape

Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: Ellie Goulding – Something In The Way You Move


My Top 5 Picks
1. TIE: The Weeknd/Daft Punk – I Feel It Coming
1. TIE: Katy Perry/Skip Marley – Chained To The Rhythm
3. Jon Bellion – All Time Low
4. Lady Gaga – Million Reasons
5. Coldplay – Hymn For The Weekend

600 comments:

  1. Love On The Brain isn't orange. Is this a joke?!?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, your top 20 is over a hundred, again, is this a joke?

      Delete
    2. Nope. Neither are jokes. Love On The Brain I'll admit has gotten slightly better, but not enough to get it out of the crap zone. Guys My Age on the other hand has only gotten worse.

      And yes, the Top 20 Review is over a hundred thanks to the one bonus point given to the best song on the countdown, which in this case is two because two songs are tied.

      Delete
  2. 1. I agree with you on Chase You Down.
    2. Guys My Age in orange? Didn't expect that to happen.
    3. You need to take it down on the top 20 reviews. If you are still slightly sick of songs like Heathens you need to put it as a 4 or even a 3. A 101% is absolutely crazy.
    4. Haters, you don't even have to ask why the We the People performance was a 15.5/20. You should already know according to Adrian's political opinions. And I'm guessing that he also doesn't rant on and on about political beliefs in songs and performances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say I'm sick of Heathens because I actually can still listen to it and enjoy it. But that's only for the moment right now. Thinking in the long run, it'd be best if Heathens started to drop now so that it can reduce the chance of it making its way down to the crap zone. It won't be long until I start to get sick of it. But for now, I do enjoy it still.

      And the 101% is thanks to the bonus point(s) given to the best song(s) on the countdown.

      Delete
  3. Nice post! And how is the Chance The Rapper performance a 15/20? I thought it would be lower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't like Rack City and Sexy And I Know It? Both of those songs are GREAT! They'll probably be in my top 30 of all-time.

      Delete
    2. Fuck you, they suck! Rack City is boring, and its just Tyga saying rack city a bunch of times in the chorus.

      Sex & I Know It is just repetitively stupid, disgusting, and horribly produced. Its just the beat repeating over, and over, AND OVER!!

      Delete
    3. You'd be hard-pressed to find a Top 10 Worst Hit Songs of 2011 video that DOESN'T feature Sexy And I Know It.

      Delete
    4. Or a Top 10 Worst Hit Songs of 2012 video that DOESN'T feature Rack City.

      Delete
    5. Rack City perfectly fits within my expectations. Tyga saying, "Rack city, bitch, rack rack city bitch" over the amazing DJ Mustard-produced beat is my type of song.

      Sexy And I Know It is a song I heard a LOT and loved when I was younger, and it's really hard not to like because it's so catchy. Sure the lyrics are stupid, but I didn't know that when I was 8.

      Delete
    6. On that note, Spectrum Pulse's old worst of 2012 page on his blog didn't, but that's partially because he doesn't include songs that he just finds obscenely boring.

      Delete
    7. It's disgustingly boring, awful, terribly produced, the worst lyrics of 2012, and Tyga's vocals suck!

      No its not, unless your a dumb pre-teen with awful tastes in music, case in point, you Parker!

      Delete
    8. Dumb? Since when did I ever do anything to you? I'm not dumb just because I hate some songs that you like and I like some songs that you hate. I respect all of your opinions, although I don't agree with all of them.

      By the way, I'm 13, which makes me a teenager. You're 5 years older than me, so our opinions on things aren't always gonna be the same.

      Delete
    9. You are the only person in here that has the most polarizing opinions of any songs, outside of Chase and Hollow Man. You too stupid to realize that most of us do not like or care for rap, and the fact you keep on talking about it and won't shut the fuck up about it is why I think your fucking stupid. Get this through your fucking skull, WE DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOU PRAISE ANYMORE FUCKING AWFIL RAP SONGS ANYMORE!!!!!!

      Delete
    10. And we don't want to hear you disrespect people's opinions anymore. It is an inhumane thing to do, Miles.

      Delete
    11. You know, there is something on this topic I've wanted to mention for a little while, but it'll get rather long-winded if I do.

      Delete
    12. You want to talk inhumane, tell that to the inhumane crimes done in North Korea, Iran, China, Iraq, Egypt, Sudan, Somalia, Libya, Syria, Colombia, Mexico, Cuba, Pakistan, Cambodia, and more. Disrespecting ones opinion is nothing compared to the evil that has been done over the past century by other foreign countries. And if someone has an opinion that differs from me, do you honestly think I'm just gonna let it slide? No! I'm going to be brutally honest, and you ., and Parker are just going to have to get used to it.

      Delete
    13. But why? You can't just say "f**k you" just because someone has a different opinion than you. Do I hate Graham because he hates like half the songs I love? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! Disrespecting an opinion is going to make someone
      feel like your opinion has more power over theirs. Apparently you haven't learned that in your 18 years on this Earth so far, and that's really embarrasing. And when you do, you're going to be sorry. So how does it feel, Miles? How does it feel to take power over someone because of an opinion? No opinion is "right" or "wrong". You can't say that because other people may like it for their own reasons.

      Delete
    14. So? Just because someone has a different opinion does not mean I'm going to do nothing, I'm going to say something. And boo-hoo, go cry me a river I'm not respecting 1 person's opinion. Big fucking deal, the fact still remains, Rack City and Sexy & I Know will always remain as the worst songs of 2012 and 2011 respectfully, and if you or Parker have anything to say about, don't 'cause I don't need to keep on dealing with this fucking bullshit everyday.

      Delete
    15. But you can't just say "f**k you", hate someone, or say "your opinion is wrong". GOT IT?!?!?!!!!

      Delete
    16. Here's an idea, how about Parker shuts up about the fucking rap, and keep it on his blog and not try to question everyone else on song's he hates or loves. Every time he always has to question why this song is in red, green, blue, ect. You don't see me always doing that, he keeps on questioning me about the rap I put In red, bitch you do know I fucking hate the shitty rap in this day and age, right? All I want for his questioning of everyone else's opinions on rap, (Me, Adrian and Scott share the same thoughts on the genre) and stop.

      Delete
    17. Stop! Just please stop! You're basically trying to offend me because of my opinion. IT IS MY OPINION! It's what my brain sees and thinks of things. Your brain might see or think of things differently, but what the hell gives you the right to offend me because you disagree with me on something? You're 5 years older than me, and the brains of an 18 and 13-year-old are gonna work differently. How about you get that through you skull. I love rap and I spend hours listening to it every day, and you might not like it. That's fine, I completely respect that. Now you're offending me and saying "Fuck you" because I love two songs you hate. How will that get you anywhere in life? You're going to look back and regret what you did someday, so you might as well stop. It's my opinion, and it is not right or wrong. I agree with everything that . said. So please stop before everyone gets mad.

      Delete
    18. The same reason I can't stand you endlessly questioning me why I don't like certain songs you like, and vice versa. You were the one that said "You don't like Rack City and Sexy And I Know It?" You should know damn well by this point why I hate them, and if you don't know why by now, then you are even dumber than I thought, unless you seriously have some memory problems.

      Delete
  5. "The Chainsmokers/Coldplay – Something Just Like This is absolutely fantastic. More words when it debuts on the countdown"

    Let me guess, your going to have it be your new favorite song on the Countdown, and it'll be way too obvious what your #1 of 2017 is. Seriously, after Hey Mama and Hymn For The Weekend, your making it too easy and too obvious what your #1's are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't really see that song as being #1 of the year. But when a song is fantastic, I can't help but say that it is fantastic.

      Delete
    2. That and the fact it has Coldplay, and considering Coldplay is like your favorite band, I felt it could be too obvious what would happen if it debuted.

      Delete
  6. I just realized something; Closer is now tied with Party Rock Anthem at 29 weeks in the top 10 on the Hot 100.

    Only 4 more weeks to go until it breaks the record held by LeAnn Rimes How Do I Live.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, other questions:
    - How is Don't Leave your most hated Hit-Bound song and not Cake? (That tells me that we're gonna be in for a high one on your bottom songs of the year should it debut...)
    - How is Cold in Great and not Good despite what you said about it last week?
    - So are The Greatest, Death Of A Bachelor and Scars To Your Beautiful all bound to be green forever? (The very latter I can understand because you've had it in purple.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. - Honestly they're both very close to each other for worst song to the point where they could potentially alternate.
      - It did get better this week.
      - I don't think they'll be green forever. They've all faded on me a little bit. The first two aren't that far away from turning to pink, but I can't see myself getting full-on tired of any of them.

      Delete
  8. Let's try this again.

    Top 20 Throwback Review:

    3/3/2012:

    0-Shit
    20. Rack City- Tyga (#15)
    19. The Motto-Drake/Lil Wayne/Tyga (#19)
    18. Sexy & I Know It- LMFAO (#13)
    17. Turn Up The Music- Chris Brown (#10)

    1-Bad
    16. Turn Me On- David Guetta/Nicki Minaj (#11)
    15. It Will Rain- Bruno Mars (#16)

    2-Meh
    NONE

    3-Decent
    14. Starships- Nicki Minaj (#9)
    13. Young, Wild, & Free- Snoop Dogg/Wiz Khalifa/Bruno Mars (#14)
    12. International Love- Pitbull/Chris Brown (#17)

    4-Good
    11. Good Feeling- Flo Rida (#12)

    5-Great
    10. Paradise- Coldplay (#10)
    9. Part Of Me- Katy Perry (#1)
    8. Domino- Jessie J (#18)
    7. We Are Young- .fun/Janelle Monae (#6)
    6. Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)- Kelly Clarkson (#4)
    5. Someone Like You- Adele (#7)
    4. We Found Love- Rihanna/Calvin Harris (#8)
    3. Set Fire To The Rain- Adele (#2)
    2. Rolling In The Deep- Adele (#5)

    6-Best Song
    1. I Will Always Love You- Whitney Houston (#3)

    Total Score: 66/100 (Great)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miles, Scott, and several other people. If you check Chase's blog, you'll probably spend the rest of the day crying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fucking hate Chase so fucking much, I want him gone!

      Delete
    2. I'm not going to blog a weekend countdown anymore unless it's a good one.

      Delete
    3. Well then I guess your not going to be blogging anymore.

      Delete
  10. Adrian, I did want to know what you thought of the medley of Bee Gees hits, especially to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the soundtrack to Saturday Night Fever, largely considered by many as one of the greatest soundtracks of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 2010 Year End BBH100 Top 20 Review

    0 - Crap
    20. Usher/Will.i.am – OMG
    19. Young Money/Lloyd – Bedrock

    1 - Bad
    NONE

    2 - Mediocre
    18. Taio Cruz/Ludacris – Break Your Heart

    3 - Decent
    17. Train – Hey, Soul Sister
    16. Taio Cruz – Dynamite

    4 - Good
    15. The Black Eyed Peas – Imma Be
    14. Lady Antebellum – Need You Now
    13. B.O.B./Bruno Mars – Nothin On You
    12. Jason Derulo – In My Head
    11. Mike Posner – Cooler Than Me

    5 - Great
    10. Enrique Iglesias/Pitbull – I Like It
    9. Lady Gaga – Bad Romance
    8. Katy Perry/Kanye West – California Gurls
    7. Bruno Mars – Just The Way You Are
    6. Rihanna – Rude Boy
    5. Ke$ha – Tik Tok
    4. Lady Gaga/Beyonce – Telephone
    3. B.O.B./Hailey Williams – Airplanes
    2. Katy Perry – Teenage Dream
    1. Eminem/Rihanna – Love The Way You Lie

    Total Score: 78/100 (Fantastic)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 0-Shit
      20. OMG
      19. Imma Be
      18. Bedrock
      17. In My Head

      1-Bad
      16. Cooler Than Me

      2-Meh
      NONE

      3-Decent
      15. Break Your Heart
      14. I Like It

      4-Good
      13. Just The Way You Are
      12. Nothin' On You
      11. Need You Now

      5-Great
      10. Love The Way You Lie
      9. Dynamite
      8. Rude Boy
      7. Airplanes
      6. Telephone
      5. Hey Soul Sister
      4. Bad Romance
      3. Teenage Dream
      2. California Gurls
      1. Tik Tok

      Total Score: 69/100 (Great)

      Delete
    2. Also is Snoop Dogg in California Gurls, not Kanye West.

      Delete
  12. Adrian, do you mind explaining why Chance The Rapper's Grammy's performance was graded a 15/20?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded- Rihanna
    Loud- Rihanna
    FutureSex/LoveSounds- Justin Timberlake
    The Very Best Of- Destiny's Child

    ReplyDelete
  14. Throwback Top 20 Review August 25, 2012:
    0 - Crap:
    NONE

    1 - Bad:
    NONE

    2 - Meh:
    20. She's So Mean

    3 - Decent:
    19. Lights

    4 - Good:
    18. Wide Awake
    17. Burn It Down
    16. One More Night
    15. 50 Ways to Say Goodbye
    14. Pound the Alarm

    5 - Great:
    13. Some Nights
    12. Payphone
    11. #1Nite
    10. Heart Skips a Beat
    9. Blow Me (One Last Kiss)
    8. Brokenhearted
    7. Give Your Heart a Break
    6. Hurt Me Tomorrow
    5. Titanium
    4. Whistle
    3. Call Me Maybe
    2. Good Time
    1. Want U Back

    Total Score: A- 90/100 Great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 0-Shit
      20. Want U Back
      19. Whistle
      18. Pound The Alarm
      17. She's So Mean

      1-Bad
      16. #1Nite
      15. Hurt Me Tomorrow

      2-Meh
      14. Give Your Heart A Break
      13. 50 Ways To Say Goodbye
      12. Heart Skips A Beat

      3-Decent
      11. Burn It Down
      10. Payphone

      4-Good
      9. One More Night
      8. Titanium

      5-Great
      7. Brokenhearted
      6. Blow Me (One Last Kiss)
      5. Good Time
      4. Wide Awake
      3. Some Nights
      2. Call Me Maybe
      1. Lights

      Total Score: 57/100 (Okay)

      Delete
  15. Just before the Daytona 500 race started, I heard Believer- Imagine Dragons playing. Please let this be a hit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to believe than the initial steam from an Imagine Dragons song came from a Nintendo Switch commercial during the Super Bowl.

      That being said, sure, I'd be up for it getting big.

      Delete
  16. Studying for deriving is way too hard for me. I really don't expect to get my permit that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Would you call this a golden age of the countdown?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weeks like 07/09/11, 01/12/13, 07/20/13, 01/11/14, 10/11/14, 05/30/15, and 10/24/15 were the golden ages of the countdown.

      Delete
    2. Well, the current #1 is awesome.

      Delete
    3. No, the real golden ages of the countdown were back when songs like See You Again, Bad Blood, and Shut Up And Dance were popular. January to October 2015, that is.

      Delete
    4. ^ Don't forget Uptown Funk :P

      Delete
    5. I have to say the golden age for music in general was Autumn 2014 until Winter/Spring of 2016.

      Delete
    6. 2059 days ago was the best Weekend Countdown ever.

      Delete
    7. Well actually the golden age for me is September 2014-June 2015. I think about then a lot for some reason and I also have lately thought about Summers 2014 and 2015.

      Delete
    8. JULY 9 2011, YOU'VE GOT TO CHECK IT OUT ON THE WIKIPEDIA, IT'S REALLY GOOD.

      Delete
    9. https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=SiriusXM_Hits_1&oldid=438683661

      Delete
    10. Shake It Off, Blank Space, Uptown Funk, Shut Up And Dance, Style, Honey I'm Good, Centuries, Hello, All About That Bass, Thinking Out Loud, Hello, Cool For The Summer, and Sorry are songs from that era I will always remember as a golden age of music.

      Delete
    11. I also remember that Miles said that 08/29/15 was an awful week.

      Delete
    12. It wasn't that good compared to other 6+ exit weeks because Cheerleader took a big drop and SUAD held #1 again.

      Delete
    13. Because Blank Space, Centuries, and Hey Mama left, Manana debuted, I did hate SUAD when I was 16 and stupid, and a lot of really amazing songs were on the verge of dropping out.

      Delete
    14. Do you mean Manana re entered?

      Delete
    15. Miles, what is so bad about Manana?

      Delete
    16. Let's see the last time I heard it was back in 2015, I believe it was the fake Spanish vibe, and repeating the word manana, which I believer means tomorrow. (I'm not very good in Spanish)

      Delete
    17. Yes it it, I took Spanish in school for 3 years and I still remember it.

      Delete
    18. Manana was pretty unique and cool in my opinion.

      Delete
  18. http://www.kworb.net/airadio/

    Shape Of You adds another radio format, increasing its radio power.

    With the decline from Fake Love and Bad Things, it's only fair that I Feel It Coming jumped 2 spots.

    That's What I Like also added a radio format, jumping big with an extra 4.5 million radio listeners and over 650 spins.

    It looks like Cold jumped mostly due to weakness from either old and declining radio songs, or lack of competition from newer songs.

    It really looks like Million Reasons is struggling to make dew on radio.

    And CBTO reaches the top 75 for the first time in a long time.

    (By the way, this chart is based off of the number of its radio audience, not by spin numbers.)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is an example of a very active week that can happen next week...
    Exits:
    After The Afterparty
    Starboy
    Scars To Your Beautiful
    Guys My Age
    This Town
    The Greatest
    Green Light

    Entrants:
    Something Just Like This
    Miss You
    Believer
    Lights Down Low
    Everyday
    Touch
    All Night

    Biggest Jump: Tie Between Make Me (Cry) & Heavy

    Biggest Drop: Tie Between Heathens & Sode To Side

    Both of the biggest jumps and drops move over 20 spots.

    I Don't Wanna Live Forever At #1

    Weak Leaving HitBound

    8 HitBound Entrants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, having 5 too 10 entrants and 3 top 5 entrants will make the countdown very active.

      Delete
    2. Exits:
      You're Not There
      After The Afterparty
      The Greatest
      Love On The Brain
      Treat You Better
      Unsteady
      Don't Wanna Know

      Debuts:
      Rockabye
      Believer
      Castle On The Hill
      L.A. Devotee
      Everyday
      Touch
      Something Just Like This

      Biggest Jump: Heavy

      Biggest Drop: Bad Things

      #1: I Don't Wanna Live Forever

      Weak leaves Hit-Bound

      8 Hit-Bound Entrants

      Delete
    3. I really thought you didn't even care about the number of exits.

      Delete
    4. But Unsteady sure enough needs to leave soon.

      Delete
    5. I don't, these are just the songs I feel should leave/enter.

      Delete
    6. Miles, what's your opinion on Heavy?

      Delete
    7. Exits:
      x24. Death of a Bachelor
      x28. Unsteady
      x29. Let Me Love You
      x32. Treat You Better
      x41. Hymn For the Weekend
      x42. Starboy
      x44. Greenlight

      Entrants:
      Chase You Down (RE-ENTRY)
      Rockabye
      Weak
      Miss You
      Cake
      Believer
      Stay

      Biggest Drop: Heathens (-26)

      Biggest Jump: Make Me Cry (+24)

      Top 5:
      5. Chained to the Rhythm
      4. I Don't Wanna Live Forever
      3. HandClap
      2. Bad Things
      1. Shape of You

      Hit-Bound entrants:
      Thumbs
      Down
      No Way
      Call on Me
      How Far I'll Go
      You Don't Know Me
      I'm a Lady
      Swalla

      Hit-Bound exit:
      Lights Down Low

      Delete
    8. I will admit it is further proof that Linkin Park's days of rap metal and nu metal era of Hybrid Theory are long gone and have become pop sellout shadows of its former self. That, and while I have listened to it a few times, I find it forgettable and have yet to come up with a full opinion. I may come up with one later this week, as I believer it'll debut on the Hot 100 this week or next week, due to increasing airplay.

      Delete
    9. ., why did you not put So Good as a HitBound entrant?

      Delete
    10. If there were nine it would be my ninth.

      Delete
    11. Yeah, we've only had up to 8 HitBound entrants.

      Delete
  21. So, I don't know who's watching the Oscars, but Justin Timberlake is opening the show by performing...well, guess what he's performing. xP

    ReplyDelete
  22. February 26, 2016, one year ago today: The day that according to some people on this blog, a certain girl group is officially over.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So an ad for some show on E! aired, and Shape Of You was playing during the ad.

    Also, Can't Stop the Feeling is now #6 on iTunes following the Oscars performance. Yeah, there is no way it is not repeating on 2017's Year-End.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to the surprise of I'm sure nobody, Zootopia won Best Animated Feature Film. It was either that or Moana, honestly.

      Delete
    2. Don't forget the best thing about the Oscars... the slip-up for best picture being La, La land, only for it to be Moonlight instead.

      Delete
    3. About 2/3 of the way through the show, I was really tired and stopped watching, but overheard after I woke up. Unreal.

      Delete
    4. Remember the Miss Universe 2015 mix-up? I literally cried after that. So I'm glad I didn't see this live.

      Delete
  24. Sadly, I don't think that Dancing On My Own is gone on HitBound for good. It was on the verge in the AT40 so it may have just left to debut next week.

    ReplyDelete
  25. #1 Recommendation for hits 1

    Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean ( and Migos if they'll include him ) - Slide

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Migos is a group, not one rapper. And I doubt Hits 1 will include them if it's on there.

      Delete
  26. So, bad news for Down haters: that one's also Top 10 on iTunes. Looks like that one is becoming a hit.

    Also, fun fact: the two behind Marian Hill went to the same high school my mom did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I did listen to that song and I don't like it. But it's nothing horrible.

      Delete
    2. It was mostly top 10 since the Apple commercial came out. I love it!

      Delete
    3. Sorry, I shouldn't say that, that's not nice.

      Delete
    4. Then don't say it at all.

      Delete
  27. New on the Kworb Radio Charts: ****/*** ****** - ****

    I'm done

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hot 100 so far:
    1. Shape of You
    2. Bad and Boujee
    3. I Don't Wanna Live Forever
    4. That's What I Like
    5. Closer
    6. Paris
    7. Love on the Brain
    8. Chained to the Rhythm
    9. Bounce Baclk
    10. Bad Things
    12. It Ain't Me (+81 spots!)
    41. How Would You Feel (Paean)
    56. Something Just Like This

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 21. Rockabye
      43. I Got You

      Delete
    2. This actually isn't bad. The two rap songs in the top 10 rebounded a little, and Rockabye failed to enter the top 20.

      Delete
    3. It Ain't Me is tied for the 10th biggest jump in Hot 100 history.

      Delete
    4. The jump for It Ain't Me doesn't even come close to the record for biggest jump in Billboard history.

      My Life Would Suck Without You- Kelly Clarkson surged to #1 from #97, a record set over 8 years ago, and it still holds the record.

      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Billboard_Hot_100_chart_achievements_and_milestones

      Delete
    5. I know but it's one of the biggest we've seen recently. Even bigger than the jump from Juju on That Beat from "Honestly, who gives a f***".

      Delete
    6. I know, that's just what Miles calls them.

      Delete
    7. Because honestly, no one besides Parker, a bunch of stupid angsty teens going through an edgy faze, a bunch of black, and latino stereotype teens, or white guys trying to be black.

      Delete
    8. Speaking of Juju On That Beat... It looks like it's finally gonna leave this week! Good riddance! :D It only lasted 21 weeks, which if that doesn't show how the tendency of meme songs are dying out (along with Black Beatles), I don't know what does.

      Delete
  29. http://cburwass.blogspot.com/2017/02/town-of-hempstead.html

    ReplyDelete
  30. Someone kick this cuck called Chase out now, I am sick of doing all the fucking work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Find his autism center under his profile pictures, go to their website, and contact them. I am too scared to do this myself.

      Delete
    2. NO! Why do I have to do all the fucking work, get Parker, Graham, Scott, or Adrian to do it, I FUCKING QUIT!!!

      Delete
    3. Miles, you would be the best at doing this. It can only take just a few minutes. Besides, Scott doesn't care about the situation and Adrian doesn't even comment here anymore.

      Delete
    4. No, I've done everything and nothing has worked! Why don't you take some time out of your life to do it, because I cannot keep fighting a war of attrition against Chase with no support from you at all.

      Delete
    5. Miles, I'm begging you, do it. You hate (ahem) I mean dislike him the most. You've been wanting him out of here for months now and you've tried everything but not this. If you want him out of here, do it.

      Delete
    6. I don't even know what to do?! I already have Chase blocked on my G+, and I'm not unmuting and unblocking him to do this. And just say hate, because I really cannot stand him.

      Delete
  31. Adrian, if you're reading this, please do something about Chase. I'm beyond sick of him.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This shit poll NEED to be updated. It's absolutely annoying that they haven't updated it lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to MOTHERFUDGING DIE if this poll doesn't get updated within the next few weeks.

      Delete
    2. They need to take Hands to Myself and Stone Cold off because they're not on Hits 1 anymore.

      Delete
    3. Figure Me Out is also still on that list...

      Delete
    4. But the It Ain't Me, Rockabye, Touch, and Somthing Just Like This aren't even available for vote and songs like Dancing On My Own, In The Name Of Love, and Chase You Down are still there.

      Delete
    5. Sorry, I meant The Night Is Young.

      Delete
    6. That could be foreshadowing something.

      Delete
    7. Shout Out To My Ex is also still there.

      Delete
    8. Maybe it will be updated next week.

      Delete
    9. Stay isn't on the poll either.

      Delete
    10. What do you mean by "foreshadowing"?

      Delete
    11. Maybe they didn't add songs and remove songs like those because we may not have any entrants this week.

      Delete
    12. I have a slight feeling it could mean that one or more of the songs still on there could re-enter, or a song that's not on there yet could leave Hitbound/the countdown soon.

      Delete
    13. Also, having no exits will also suck because a lot of songs need to leave the countdown, like 24K Magic.

      Delete
    14. No it doesn't, if any song needs to leave it's After The Afterparty.

      Delete
    15. Unsteady is another perfect example of a song that needs to leave.

      Delete
    16. Unsteady definitely does need to go, Kids I still like, and STYB also should leave soon.

      Delete
    17. Parker, the second one I want gone!!!!

      Delete
    18. Who cares about some stupid poll?

      Delete
    19. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

      Delete
    20. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    21. He's 10, you self-righteous, petty, entitled brat!

      Delete
    22. WAMB10: That wasn't nice. He definitely has parents and family caring about him.

      SliderOnTheF***ingBack: Get out, stupid.

      Delete
    23. Then, when was his 10th birthday?

      Delete
    24. Not you, the anonymous troller. You're just fine.

      Delete
    25. It's Daniel's fault anyway because he said what you were talking about was stupid.

      Delete
    26. Well he isn't wrong, it is kind of stupid.

      Delete
    27. Don't blame this on him, I don't want to get involved in more drama.

      Delete
    28. ., I don't think you should censor ****. It's fine.

      Delete
    29. Hollow Man, ARE YOU EVEN KIDDING? THAT WORD IS A BAD WORD AND YOU SHOULDN'T SAY IT!

      Delete
    30. And why the fuck are you surprised by this "revelation?"

      Delete
    31. Fuck this fucking Chase. He shouldn't even be here at this point.

      Delete
  33. http://chase400.blogspot.com/2017/02/how-to-calm-yourself-down.html

    Now he's making clickbait?

    ReplyDelete
  34. https://siriusxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2017/02/2016-year-end-billboard-review.html?showComment=1488238657078#c8396150743069719291

    The longest comment of mine so far.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Guess The Song:
    I debuted in a 6 exit week.
    I debuted in 2015.
    The week 1 debuted, there was 1 re entry.
    I left in a 3 exit week.
    I am sung by 2 boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. R. City/Adam Levine - Locked Away

      Delete
    2. Makes me think of the week when Manana re-entered.

      Delete
  36. The comment number has been going down, which means Adrian is deleting some of Chase's comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah he is. Miles will be really happy about this.

      Delete
    2. Can he also delete that massive argument between Miles, Parker and, . as well. I'm sick of scrolling down to see such an awful argument.

      Delete
  37. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  38. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hot 100 so Far:
    1. Ed Sheeran-Shape of You(=)(5th week at #1)
    2. Migos/Lil Uzi Vert-Bad and Boujee(+1)(3 weeks at #1)
    3. Zayn Malik/Taylor Swift-I Don't Wanna Live Forever(-1)
    4. Bruno Mars-That's What I Like(+3)
    5. The Chainsmokers/Halsey-Closer(=)(12 weeks at #1)
    6. The Chainsmokers-Paris(+5)
    7. Rihanna-Love on the Brain(+1)
    8. Katy Perry/Skip Marley-Chained to the Rhythm(-4)
    9. Big Sean-Bounce Back(+1)
    10. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello-Bad Things(-4)
    12. Kygo/Selena Gomez-It Ain't Me(+81!)
    20: KYLE/Lil Yachty-iSpy(=)
    21: Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie-Rockabye(+1)(Make the top 20!!)
    30: Lady Gaga-Million Reasons(-12)
    33: Julia Micheals-Issues(+1)
    41. Ed Sheeran-How Would You Feel(Paean)(DEBUT)
    43: Bebe Rexha-I got you(=)
    44: Lana Del Rey-Love(DEBUT)
    52: Linkin Park/Kiarra-Heavy(DEBUT)
    56. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay-Something Just Like This(DEBUT)
    78: Ariana Grande/Future-Everyday(+7)

    ReplyDelete