Sunday, January 22, 2017

Hailee Steinfeld & Grey (4) – Week Of January 21, 2017

Hey guys! So I'm sure we all know that the inauguration of Donald Trump took place on Friday. We watched live coverage of it all period in my Government class and the period I have Government just so happened to have aligned with the inauguration so that we actually got to see Trump officially become President. We just didn't get to see his whole speech, which I heard was not that good. But anyway, at this point we can really only hope that he does well in office. It was sad saying goodbye to the Obamas. But someway somehow, we will live through this. Now enough with the politics and let's get to why you're here. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.


  • Daya – Sit Still, Look Pretty (#29)
  • Sia/Sean Paul – Cheap Thrills (#40)

Last Week's #1 Song: Maroon 5 – Don't Wanna Know
The Countdown
45. Gnash/Olivia O'Brien – I Hate U, I Love U (#41)
44. Fifth Harmony – That's My Girl (#42)
43. Andy Grammer – Fresh Eyes (#45)
42. Pitbull/Flo Rida/LunchMoney Lewis – Greenlight (#44)
41. DNCE – Body Moves (#43)
40. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ – Cold Water (#36)
39. Lukas Graham – You're Not There (#30)
38. The Weeknd/Daft Punk – I Feel It Coming (DEBUT)
37. Adele – Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#39) [1 Week At #1]
36. Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha – In The Name Of Love (#31)
35. James Arthur – Say You Won't Let Go (#28)
34. The Chainsmokers/Daya – Don't Let Me Down (#38) [3 Weeks At #1]
33. Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill (DEBUT)
32. Justin Timberlake – Can't Stop The Feeling (#33) [10 Weeks At #1]
31. Twenty One Pilots – Ride (#35)
30. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber – Let Me Love You (#25)
29. OneRepublic – Kids (#24)
28. Ariana Grande – Into You (#23)
27. Train – Play That Song (#22)
26. Charli XCX – After The Afterparty (#18)
25. Coldplay/Beyoncé – Hymn For The Weekend (#26)
24. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson – Just Hold On (#27)
23. X Ambassadors – Unsteady (#17)
22. Runaground – Chase You Down (#21)
21. Lady Gaga – Million Reasons (#15)
20. Fitz & The Tantrums – HandClap (#37)
19. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Side To Side (#12)
18. John Legend – Love Me Now (#19)
17. Shawn Mendes – Mercy (#20)
16. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello – Bad Things (#34)
15. Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You (#32)
14. Bruno Mars – 24K Magic (#6)
13. Adele – Water Under The Bridge (#11)
12. Zayn/Taylor Swift – I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#16)
11. Panic! At The Disco – Death Of A Bachelor (#13)
10. Jon Bellion – All Time Low (#14)
  9. Alessia Cara – Scars To Your Beautiful (#7)
  8. Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better (#9) [2 Weeks At #1]
  7. The Weeknd/Daft Punk – Starboy (#10)
  6. Niall Horan – This Town (#5)
  5. Sia/Kendrick Lamar – The Greatest (#8)
  4. Twenty One Pilots – Heathens (#3) [1 Week At #1]
  3. The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer (#4) [8 Weeks At #1]
  2. Maroon 5 – Don't Wanna Know (#1) [2 Weeks At #1]
  1. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd – Starving (#2) [4th Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: One Direction – Perfect

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Lukas Graham – You're Not There (–9)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello – Bad Things (+18)

New Entrants
~ It was pretty obvious Castle On The Hill would debut pretty soon. Shape Of You may be the bigger hit, but Hits 1 seems to find it necessary to get both of the Ed Sheeran comeback singles on the countdown at the same time. Castle On The Hill isn't as good as Shape Of You in my opinion. But I can definitely why people would think it's better. Like I said last week, Shape Of You is pretty simple. But Castle On The Hill is a lot more interesting with the production. The chorus is definitely really interesting. I love Ed Sheeran's voice in this song. I don't anticipate this being as big of a hit as Shape Of You will be. But we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I'm sure Hits 1 will find a way to get both of these songs at #1.

~ Next we have the second collab between The Weeknd and Daft Punk after Starboy. This one is called I Feel It Coming. It's a lot different than Starboy. I Feel It Coming is definitely slower-paced. But I feel like Daft Punk's amazing producing skills show off more on this track than on Starboy. It has a really cool beat all throughout and halfway through the song we even get some vocals from Daft Punk, which is the first time I've heard their voices since Get Lucky from 2013. So that was pretty cool to hear. I was recently listening to this song with my dad and he noticed how similar The Weeknd sounded in comparison to Michael Jackson, specifically in the verses, and I can't help but think that he does actually sound quite a bit like Michael Jackson. The voice, the beat, everything. Overall, really cool song and I hope it does well.


Hit-Bound
~ Here is the Hit-Bound list:


  • Calum Scott – Dancing On My Own
  • Bruno Mars – That's What I Like (DEBUT)
  • Daya – Words
  • Hey Violet – Guys My Age
  • The Chainsmokers – Paris
  • Twenty One Pilots – Heavydirtysoul
  • Snakehips/MØ – Don't Leave (DEBUT)
  • MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low
  • Rihanna – Love On The Brain
  • Captain Cuts/Nateur – Love Like We Used To
  • Bruno Mars – Versace On The Floor
  • Julia Michaels – Issues
  • Bebe Rexha – I Got You (DEBUT)

~ I think this is one of the rare occasions in which there is more red on Hit-Bound than there is green.

~ I really am tired of having to rant about Bruno Mars and I'm sure you're tired of hearing me rant about him. But I am just not liking his music. I went into That's What I Like with an open mind hoping to like it, but I just can't. I'll talk more about this song if it debuts.

~ Remember when I said that should just stick to singing on DJ produced tracks? Yeah scratch that. She should just stop singing. She's one of those artists where the one good thing we got from her will probably be the only good thing we'll ever get from her. I find Snakehips production to be a little messy and ultimately this song is just not interesting.

~ The only good debut this week comes from Bebe Rexha, who we haven't heard a solo single from since I Can't Stop Drinking About You. I Got You is a very well produced track. The chorus is a lot of fun. Bebe Rexha sounds really good all throughout. I think she is one underrated artist who only gets popular when she's featured on songs by bigger artists. I believe that she is very talented and deserves more recognition for some of her solo work.

~ Part of the reason we have so few good songs is probably because we got rid of three of them: In My Mind, Blow Your Mind, and Shout Out To My Ex. Frankly, none of those songs deserved to go. I think they all deserved to debut on the countdown.

~ Because I am part of the Wutchuwant Crew, we get emailed every now and then with surveys where we pretty much just rank all these different songs (typically countdown songs) based on our opinions. My survey this past week consisted of mostly countdown songs, but it did include Love On The Brain, which is a little frightening as it could be a potential sign of it debuting in the future. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I will not be all too surprised if this song actually does debut.


Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low
2. Bebe Rexha – I Got You
3. The Chainsmokers – Paris
4. Twenty One Pilots – Heavydirtysoul
5. I do not think any other song on Hit-Bound is worthy of this spot.


Castle On The Blurbs
~ I am not happy with our #1 song. This song, in my opinion, makes Don't Wanna Know seems like a great song when comparing the two. That being said, I would much prefer to see Don't Wanna Know at #1.

~ After some sudden and crazy jumps and drops, Sia/Kendrick Lamar – The Greatest has finally reached the Top 5. My opinion has been changing a little bit as some weeks, I like it a lot more than others. But it has managed to stay in green all throughout its countdown run and I hope it can stay that way for a while longer.

~ Jon Bellion – All Time Low made a rather sudden, but awesome jump into the Top 10 this week. I am very pleased by that. This song is getting a lot bigger than I thought it would and I'm happy about that. But another reason why I'm happy is because All Time Low rising into the Top 10 caused 24K Magic to fall out of the Top 10. Things are slowly getting better around here.

~ I did worry about the two-spot jump last week from Fitz & The Tantrums – HandClap and I'm very glad to see it make up for that with that big jump into the Top 20. I still think this song is a whole lot of fun and I've enjoyed it ever since I first heard it on Alt Nation.

~ It was also really nice to see X Ambassadors – Unsteady and Charli XCX – After The Afterparty drop out of the Top 20. These two songs definitely had a big effect in last week's Top 20 Review and I'm glad to see them drop out. Hopefully, they can soon drop out of the countdown.

~ Yes, Ariana Grande – Into You is back in green. Something this past week just made me enjoy it again. But I don't anticipate it staying this way. 

~ James Arthur – Say You Won't Let Go took a little drop this week out of the Top 30. Despite this song being slow, I still do really like it. I'm hoping this isn't the end because it is a really nice song that deserves the recognition it's getting.

~ I'm not very pleased by the drop from Lukas Graham – You're Not There. I have been enjoying this song with more listens and it does upset me a little to see it drop like this. Like Say You Won't Let Go, it is a really nice song similar to 7 Years and I hope that it can recover from this.

~ Finally, I am very pleased to see the exits from Daya – Sit Still, Look Pretty and Sia/Sean Paul – Cheap Thrills. These two songs were the two songs that were hogging up spots in the Top 10 for such a long time and it's really nice to see them both depart from the countdown.

~ The Hit 45 Chart for this week is currently being worked on and will be posted as soon as possible.

~ My review for Billboard's Year-End Hot 100 is at least 80% done. So I can guarantee it will be out this week. I am putting a lot of thoughts into it, which is why it's taking a while. But I'm sure I'll have it done sometime this week.

Top 20 Review
0 – Crap:
20. Bruno Mars – 24K Magic

1 – Bad:
NONE

2 – Mediocre:
19. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd – Starving

3 – Decent:
18. Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better

4 – Good:
NONE

5 – Great:
17. Niall Horan – This Town
16. Twenty One Pilots – Heathens
15. Maroon 5 – Don't Wanna Know
14. Zayn/Taylor Swift – I Don't Wanna Live Forever
13. The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer
12. Panic! At The Disco – Death Of A Bachelor
11. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Side To Side
10. The Weeknd/Daft Punk – Starboy
9. Shawn Mendes – Mercy
8. Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You
7. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello – Bad Things
6. Fitz & The Tantrums – HandClap
5. John Legend – Love Me Now
4. Sia/Kendrick Lamar – The Greatest
3. Adele – Water Under The Bridge
2. Alessia Cara – Scars To Your Beautiful
1. Jon Bellion – All Time Low

Total Score: 90/100 = 90% (A–)


Throwback Pick Of The Week: Daughtry – No Surprise

Most Missed Countdown Song: Avril Lavigne – Rock N Roll

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Lindsey Stirling/Christina Perri – Brave Enough

Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: Justin Bieber – Sorry


My Top 5 Picks
1. Jon Bellion – All Time Low
2. Runaground – Chase You Down
3. Alessia Cara – Scars To Your Beautiful
4. Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha – In The Name Of Love
5. Coldplay – Hymn For The Weekend

251 comments:

  1. I don't want to make a political flame war in the comments, (Let's be honest politics and religion are two of the three thing you never discuss with people. The other being the Great Pumpkin :P) But I actually saw the speech in my Contemporary World Affairs class, and I thought the speech was pretty good. It wasn't as inspiring like Reagan, but I could tell it was trying to be powerful, and inspiring to those in middle America that has been forgotten. If anyone wants, just read the speech here:

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/20/politics/trump-inaugural-address/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://mymusicreviewingblog.blogspot.com/2017/01/billboard-hot-100-greatest-of-all-time.html

    Please be sure to check my re-review of Billboard's greatest songs of all time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Would you stop this fucking replying every fucking comment with useless shit no one cares about, and then deleting them?!

      Delete
  3. -sobs- I don't know what to do A anymore. I'll stay here but I been having the worst of luck. I wanna see a doctor. I just wanna die. -sobs so intense it blew up the fridge-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just leave Leah, this is just sad seeing you keep on doing this. Why don't you just stop coming on this blog and do something else for God's sake?

      Delete
    2. ^I know you're SliderOnTheBack and you are the true one that needs to leave.

      Delete
    3. Everyone was being mean cuz I used to be weird. Now I became measure and everyone's still mean. I still didn't understand. I don't know if I will be diagnosed with depression but my life is getting the best of me. -crys quietly-

      Delete
    4. Used to be weird, Leah you still are with your annoying comments that do nothing!

      Delete
    5. I joined here 3 years ago and everyone's so nice to me. It made me so happy like I was last month. I tried to get the tears away from me but it kept getting away with me. I been facing huge problems back then. I...I.....I just wanna be up. I need my happy life back!

      Delete
    6. I'm not trying to be mean, but I think your comments should be more about music.

      Delete
    7. I also faced bullies and other tough things in life. Cyber-bulling is one of them. It makes me sad and papered. I wish Charlie or someone will make me a lot happier!

      Delete
    8. Well then maybe you aren't cut out to be on the internet!

      Delete
    9. Charlie, at least you're not mean at all. I did when I joined. It all took about a Bebe Rexha song.

      Delete
    10. Leah what is your favorite song right now? Or your favorite song on the countdown right now?

      Delete
    11. I actually find her comments quite funny with the randomness and they make me laugh. It is kind of random how she doesn't comment any music opinions on a music blog. But trying to make her leave is taking it way too far.

      Delete
    12. I'm sorry, but I can't take her comments. Its not funny is just random, weird and stupid. It be better if she would actually talk about music, and stop calling . Charlie or Stevie, and actually talk about the songs. Same thing with WAMB10 needing to talk about the songs, not the exits, and for Chase to stop being... well Chase.

      Delete
    13. I do agree with the music part, she should just be saying things mostly about music. Also my name is actually Charlie so it's okay for her to call her that.

      Delete
    14. Oh look, I feel it coming! -runs away while the dog come ons-

      Delete
    15. See, this is what I'm talking about! Its stupid and annoying and needs to stop!

      Delete
    16. Its Its Its Its Its Its Its Its Its Its Miles Its Its Its Its Its Its Its Its Its Its Its Its Its Its

      Delete
    17. I swear to God it isn't me! I'm watching the football game and I'm so tired I just wanna go to bed.

      Delete
    18. Okay, I believe you now, but it's exactly your writing style. Also you sometimes spell "It's" like "Its" so I just assumed it was you from that.

      Delete
    19. So, I'm pretty sure that it is a very common grammar mistake to not use the apostrophe in it's.

      Delete
  4. C'mon Adrian, why is Guys My Age, Versace On The Floor, and Issues red? Those 3 songs are the 3 best songs on HitBound after I Got You.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I do respect your opinion.

      Delete
    2. I just heard Versace on the Floor for the first time and it sounded awesome.

      Delete
  5. 1. I was in English so I didn't see him become president. But unlike you, I heard that his speech was very good.
    2. Is there any other Bruno Mars song that you're going to like?
    3. No, I don't want to see Guys My Age in red... ;(
    4. I'm not too big a fan of Don't Leave either. But it still doesn't change my opinion on the great MØ.
    5. I'm surprised that I Got You didn't appear on your Hit 45 Chart/Future Hitz before this. I really like it too so I'm glad.
    6. "The chorus is a lot of fun." Do you see this Graham??? Someone else agrees with me on that chorus!
    7. Maybe I should join the Wutchuwant Crew.
    8. Can't wait to see your year-end Hot 100 review!
    9. What's your opinion on Weak by AJR? It's being released to radio on Tuesday. I feel that this will be the first song from them that you have in green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually saw Weak on the Spotify charts, I didn't listen to it because I don't care about it all that much.

      Delete
    2. That's a shock that you don't care about it. *sarcasm alert*

      Delete
    3. So, I don't see it making a big impact anywhere else, except maybe Hits 1.

      Delete
    4. Or on radio. I said it was going to be released to radio on Tuesday.

      Delete
    5. Doesn't mean its gonna get much traction to chart on the Hot 100.

      Delete
    6. I still don't understand why you don't listen to songs because the artist is unpopular, and when someone tells you to listen to a song, you don't.

      Delete
    7. Because they're not worth my time, and will easily be forgotten after a short timeframe.

      Delete
    8. I'd recommend it as I'm really enjoying it. And I have to agree with . on this. Did you think the same thing about songs like 7 Years? Look what they did.

      Delete
    9. At the time when 7 Years was released yes, for about a couple of weeks. When I heard it on the radio for the first full time, I thought to myself "This is going to be a hit, won't it?" And lo and behold it did.

      Delete
  6. Hits 1's Twitter is having another TOP-lyric-seizure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://sxmh1wc.blogspot.com/2017/01/january-21-2017-hailee-steinfeld-and.html

    Finally got my countdown post out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WC will be out in a half hour tops and that top 20 score. Wow! My Billboard ones are less than half of that and I'll tell you right now that it would be a 51. And I agree that Hitbound stinks right now. And . it's just unoriginal to me and the vocals are annoying. That build up seemed like it was leading to something new.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so bored watching the Atlanta Falcons vs. Green Bay Packers game. I knew Atlanta is the highest scoring team in the league, but I wasn't expecting them to be blowing Green Bay out so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither and I'm quite sad. I also need them to do good for something in Madden Mobile but so long for that. Still we gotta chance.

      Delete
    2. I kind of want the Falcons to win, because they are the highest scoring offense in the league, and if they do win, I want them to beat the bloody pulp out of either Brady or Ben.

      And I hate to keep on self promoting myself, but Graham please check out my re-review of Billboard's greatest of all time chart.

      Delete
    3. Oh I completely forgot I'll check it out.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. #teamtaylorleventhal
      #teamnograhambadenhausen

      Delete
    6. I'm guessing it's one of Chase's friends. We don't need to know who everyone's friends are.

      Delete
    7. We also don't need him to keep on introducing himself to EVERY FUCKING NEW PERSON WHO COMMENTS ON THESE BLOGS!

      Delete
    8. Slider, you must really be an anti-Chase/Leah person.

      Delete
  10. Everyone remember. In my world the time I say is the time times 3. And the WC is out. 10 minutes early!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We need ******** to stay in the top 20.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No we don't even I'm fully sick of it at this point.

      Delete
    2. It's sad that you haven't realized that no one freaking cares about Unsteady at this point.

      Delete
    3. Because it's boring trash that's old

      Delete
    4. ^You still like this piece of boring old trash?

      Delete
    5. Guys, it's his opinion, let's not give him a hard time about it. As much as I don't like some of his opinions (still liking that and SSLP, that he seems to loathe Bruno Mars, etcetera), please don't be hard on him for it, okay?

      Delete
    6. *** ***** **** ****** and ******** are both actually good.

      Delete
  12. Chase said this on my blog: #1 Recommendation for Graham: GTFO MY INTERNET

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet he got it from Parker's former profile picture (https://plus.google.com/photos/100133346137921125743/albums/profile/6271668474377210594) (dated 4/9/16) (Parker is gone for the third time)

      Delete
  13. This comment section is just everyone complaining about everyone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although technically I'm a hypocrite since I just complained about you guys complaining

      Delete
  14. Ok. Now I'm thinking about taking my own life away instead of mom taking things away from me. -starts to cry- everything's so stressful. Tori taking things away from me without me knowing, mom yelling for no reason, and school. I hate French so much. If school is killing my heart, i'll go to a place where no one will give me broken feelings anymore. I had no choice. -coughs blood-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alright Leah, this has gone on long enough! You cannot possibly think of suicide as an option. You have to move on from this blog, and you have to try hard. You cannot let this awful thoughts of death get to you. You also cannot let all this bullying, yelling and hard work get to you as well. You have to get up and try, for you don't have anything to fear but fear itself.

      Delete
    2. I used to think hard work was not that bad. Good thing I gave myself those breaks when I want to.

      Delete
  15. Can anyone vote on my poll:

    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1D7QCLtTi778tHnslJctxVPIoQUQT16ziOf_MNxwBDsc

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^ Stop saying this for like the millionth time

      Delete
    2. Was that directed at me or her? Hopefully her…

      Delete
  17. #1 Recommendation for Adrian: Nicky Jam - El Amante

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello guys! I've been away for a bit, and I am happy to say that as a Falcons fan, congrats to them for making the Super Bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  19. In case anyone's wondering, here's the Billboard Hot 100 List so far:

    1. Bad and Boujee
    2. Shape Of You
    3. Black Beatles
    4. Closer
    5. Starboy
    6. Bad Things
    7. Paris (DEBUT) (YES!)
    8. I Don't Wanna Live Forever
    9. Don't Wanna Know
    10. 24K Magic
    13. Scars To Your Beautiful
    17. Love On The Brain
    19. I Feel It Coming
    28. Castle On The Hill
    30. Say You Won't Let Go
    34. Water Under The Bridge
    38. Rockabye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in love with the shape of you....

      Delete
    2. Goddamnit America! Why the Hell do you put the shitty Bad & Boujee at #1 and not Shape Of You!?

      Delete
    3. The real question here for me is that why is Shape of You not at #1?

      Delete
    4. ^^^^^This. But don't worry Miles. All of that will change soon once my celeb crush makes her big comeback and releases her new single within the next month or so.

      Delete
    5. Bounce Back is #15.

      Delete
    6. Okay, thanks for telling us.


      Wait.
      WHAT???

      Delete
    7. I'm mad about that drop for Castle on the Hill. That better be fixed soon!

      At least I Feel It Coming is Top 20 now, which is awesome.

      Delete
    8. And Issues debuted the Bubbling Under Hot 100 this week.

      Delete
    9. That's not true yet, Chase.

      Delete
  20. So I joined the Wutchuwant Crew, and here was my survey:

    Parentheses rules:
    1. How do you feel about this song?
    2. Are you tired of this song?

    Mercy (clicked on it's ok) (clicked on a little)
    Death of a Bachelor (it's ok) (a little)
    All Time Low (it's ok) (a little)
    This Town (I like it) (a little)
    Into You (it's ok) (a little)
    Starving (it's ok) (a little)
    Water Under the Bridge (I like it) (not at all)
    Love on the Brain* (I like it) (not at all)
    You're Not There (I like it) (not at all)
    Starboy (it's ok) (a little)
    Shape of You (I love it) (not at all)
    Closer (it's ok) (a little)
    Say You Won't Let Go (I don't like it) (very tired)
    Bad Things (I love it) (not at all)
    Castle on the Hill (I like it) (not at all)
    Kids (I like it) (a little)
    Hymn For the Weekend** (it's ok) (very tired)
    Chase You Down (I love it) (not at all)
    Love Me Now*** (I don't like it) (a little)
    Just Hold On (I love it) (not at all)
    Heathens (it's ok) (very tired)
    Don't Wanna Know (it's ok) (a little)
    After the Afterparty (I love it) (not at all)
    Treat You Better (it's ok) (very tired)
    Scars to Your Beautiful (I like it) (a little)
    Unsteady (it's ok) (very tired)
    Play That Song (I like it) (not at all)
    HandClap (I love it) (not at all)
    I Don't Wanna Live Forever (I like it) (not at all)
    The Greatest (I like it) (a little)

    *See, Adrian was telling the truth.
    **The original version played. #Surprise
    ***Slowly growing into it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also joined the wutchuwant crew in back 2014 and I told them to get a 6+ exit week soon.

      Delete
    2. I told them to get a 6+ exit week soon today.

      Delete
  21. Favorite Countdown Song: Scars To Your Beautiful

    Honorable Mentions: Starving and This Town

    Least Favorite Countdown Song: Chase You Down

    Dishonorable Mentions: You're Not There and 24k Magic

    Favorite Hitbound Song: Paris

    Honorable Mentions: Don't Leave and I Got You

    Least Favorite Hitbound Song: Love On The Brain

    Dishonorable Mentions: Dancing On My Own and Heavydirtysoul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can Chase You Down be the worst countdown song for a person?

      Delete
    2. Its stupid and annoying with mediocre vocals. Please accept my opinion.

      Delete
    3. I accept your opinion but I still don't see how it's bad.

      Delete
    4. Paris should debut the countdown this week.

      Delete
    5. Another #teamnobrunomars, I see, unfortunately. Sigh.

      And Chase, something tells me it will.

      Delete
    6. I swear, it seems like only me and Scott like the new Bruno Mars over the old, quivering, trying way too hard Bruno from Grenade and Just The Way You Are.

      Delete
    7. Not 100% true - Triff and Montavis say hi. And so does Remy, also (she said she liked 24K Magic so yeah).

      Delete
    8. Add this to the last sentence:

      https://siriusxmhits1weekendcountdown.blogspot.com/2014/11/taylor-swift-8-week-of-november-22-2014.html?showComment=1416683107520#c2189003291679555119

      Delete
    9. ******* ** *** ***** is my least favorite song from Bruno Mars. ****'* **** * **** is actually good in my opinion.

      Delete
    10. Okay, you don't have to censor their names out. And how anyone can call any song of his besides The Lazy Song his worst is beyond me. For goodness sakes, even he admitted he wasn't proud of that one.

      …And I wouldn't suppose you like Uptown Funk, either.

      Delete
    11. Yeah, could you please stop with the censoring.

      Delete
  22. Castle on the Hill video out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, and I already saw it this morning. It's basically all about him hanging out with his friends back when he was young.

      Delete
    2. Let's get Shape of You at #1 next week, shall we?

      Delete
    3. No, the Shape of You video is not out yet.

      Delete
  23. I think Ethan had a point last night. I'm realizing that it's the complaining that is making this comments section look horrible. So starting at 5pm EST, if any person complains about any other person here, a random song they dislike will be boosted an extra 3 spots on #40Friday this week. The #1 song is an exception. One boost per day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you're the one complaining.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Because you're SliderOnTheBack?

      Delete
    4. Oh come on, this is the silliest thing I've ever heard!

      Delete
    5. Honestly I will just try to patrol the comment section more and I will delete any comments that are rude towards others. It's as simple as that. No warnings. I will just start deleting.

      Delete
    6. YEAH . Didn't you think of the obvious solution?

      Delete
  24. That's what I Like and Don't Leave are actually pretty good

    ReplyDelete
  25. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Ryan Gosling & Emma Stone - City of Stars

    ReplyDelete
  26. So, Don't wanna know apparently isn't #1 on the pop songs chart anymore, now it got dethroned by Scars to your beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how can you tell the future?

      Delete
    2. I thought you were talking about the radio charts.

      Delete
    3. It didn't get #1 there either.

      Delete
  27. I think i'm the only one that likes dancing on my own. Seriously, boring songs can be good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Not every piano ballad is boring, and it irks me that so many get called bad on that merit alone. There are some truly beautiful songs like that (When We Were Young, anyone?), and I wish people wouldn't judge them solely for that. Heck, even Stay With Me I kinda like.

      Delete
    2. I don't really like it because I don't like Calum Scott's voice. Not because it's boring. I do love a lot of piano ballads.

      Delete
    3. Calum is just making a song about his love just like anybody else. There's nothing different that disgusts me about this.

      Delete
  28. Bad & Boujee facts:

    "Bad," the first Hot 100 No. 1 for both hip-hop trio Migos (Quavo, Takeoff and Offset) and rapper Lil Uzi Vert (as well as the first for the 300 Entertainment label), has inspired numerous memes and tweets playing off the song's "raindrop, drop top" lyrics. Also helping the song's profile, Donald Glover shouted it out during his acceptance speech at the Golden Globes on Jan. 8. With Migos having guested on the FX series Atlanta, created by and starring Glover, the artist said, "I really wanna thank the Migos, not for being in the show, but for making 'Bad and Boujee.' Like, that's the best song ever."

    "Bad" tops the Streaming Songs chart for a fourth week with 43 million U.S. streams (up 11 percent) in the week ending Jan. 19, according to Nielsen Music. The majority of its streams stem from YouTube (21.8 million), followed by Spotify (10.6 million). The track also leads the audio subscription services-based On-Demand Streaming Songs chart for a fourth week (21 million on-demand clicks, up 17 percent).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More Bad & Boujee facts:

      Impressively, "Bad" wins the Hot 100's top Streaming Gainer award for a record fifth straight week. It passes Desiigner's "Panda" and Rihanna's "Work," featuring Drake, each of which earned the honor for four consecutive frames in 2016.

      "Bad" dips 3-4 on Digital Song Sales (68,000 downloads sold, down 21 percent) but surges 34-27 on Radio Songs, gaining by 23 percent to 41 million in airplay audience. It additionally rules Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs and Hot Rap Songs charts for a third week each. Migos' second full-length, Culture, featuring "Bad," arrives Friday (Jan. 27); another song from the set, "T-Shirt," debuts on the Hot 100 at No. 43.

      Delete
  29. Shape of the hill facts:

    Sheeran's "Shape" shifts to No. 2 on the Hot 100 following its No. 1 debut, although it remains the best-selling song in the U.S. and gains in streams and airplay. The cut holds atop Digital Song Sales, down 50 percent to 120,000 sold (having sold 360,000 in its first two frames). It pushes 4-2 on Streaming Songs (21.3 million, up 7 percent) and 18-12 on Radio Songs (75 million, up 31 percent, good for the Hot 100's top Airplay Gainer nod).

    Meanwhile, Sheeran's other top 10-debuting song from a week ago, "Castle on the Hill," tumbles 6-28 on the Hot 100, down 2-11 on Digital Song Sales (37,000 sold, down 78 percent) and 11-18 on Streaming Songs (9.2 million, down 29 percent). The songs preview Sheeran's third studio album ÷, due March 3. Both boast an official lyric video, with the proper official clip for "Castle" having arrived early today (Jan. 23). At radio, "Shape" is being promoted to pop and adult pop formats, while "Castle" is being worked to alternative and adult alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Other billboard facts:

    Rounding out the Hot 100's top five, The Weeknd's "Starboy" descends 4-5 after its one week at No. 1. Linking the top five (and as insightful reader Angel Lopez noticed), for a second week all titles are present or current No. 1s. The last time the top five sported nothing but No. 1-peaking titles? Nearly five years ago, as the March 3, 2012-dated Hot 100 looked like this, in order from No. 1 to No. 5 (and featured only women, for that matter): "Part of Me," Katy Perry; "Set Fire to the Rain," Adele; "I Will Always Love You," Whitney Houston; "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)," Kelly Clarkson; and "Rolling in the Deep," Adele.

    That week in 2012, Perry's song debuted at No. 1; Adele's two hits had led for two and seven weeks, respectively; Houston's had reigned for 14 weeks back in 1992-93 before returning in 2012 following her passing; and Clarkson's had spent two of its three weeks on top. (The last time before this and last week that the Hot 100 sported at least two straight weeks of top fives with only No. 1 hits? In December 2010-January 2011, for six consecutive weeks.)

    ReplyDelete
  31. More hot 100 so far:

    32: KYLE/Lil Yachty-iSpy(42)(+10)
    38: Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie(51)(+13)(Clean Bandit's 2nd top 40 hit, following Rather Be)
    53: BeBe Rexha-I got you(63)(+10)
    54: Fitz & The Tantrums-HandClap(55)(+1)
    85: Kaleo-Way down we go(91)(+6)

    ReplyDelete
  32. https://twitter.com/gthot20/status/823651012133187584

    What the...

    ReplyDelete
  33. https://twitter.com/noahcyrus/status/823673931441635328

    I think we got a new Hit-Bound entrant on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hot 100 entrants:
    100. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie - My S**t (RE-ENTRY)
    99. Marian Hill - Down (DEBUT)
    98. Dierks Bentley - Black (DEBUT)
    95. PartyNextDoor - Not Nice (DEBUT)
    94. Flume/Tove Lo - Say It (RE-ENTRY)
    88. Luis Fonsi/Daddy Yankee - Despacito (DEBUT)
    77. Halsey - Not Afraid Anymore (DEBUT)
    43. Migos - T-Shirt (DEBUT)
    7. The Chainsmokers - Paris (DEBUT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Biggest Drop: Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill (-22)
      Biggest Jump: Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes (+16)
      Streaming Gainer: 1. Migos/Lil Uzi Vert - Bad and Boujee
      Digital Gainer: 68. Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes
      Airplay Gainer: 2. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
      Hot Shot Debut: 7. The Chainsmokers - Paris

      Delete
    2. Can you send me the link?

      Delete
    3. Might sound crazy, but it's only 6: 05 where i am.

      Delete
    4. Bad news for Parker but good news for everyone else (especially Graham)… OOOUUU dropped out and basically has no chance at the Year-End list.

      Bad news for almost everyone: In The Name Of Love is hanging on for dear life and will also probably miss it as well. It wasting points in 2016 didn't help it.

      Delete
    5. OOOUUU left? Is that even possible? Wasn't it at like #38?

      Delete
    6. Why do people get shocked when songs leave in the upper half of the Hot 100? Its not that big of a surprise, its happened multiple times. 2 Prince songs from last year dropped off in the top 10. All I Want For Christmas Is You dropped out at #11 back in early 2016. Seeing songs like OOOUUU drop off below #25 and above #65 are not that rare.

      Delete
    7. Well the Prince songs were after his death, so it wasn't surprising to see it drop off so quickly. "Christmas" also only gets a couple of weeks on each year too.

      Delete
    8. Let's not forget that Midnight Memories actually dropped out at #12. And like I said, songs are capable of dropping off between #30 and #65 a lot more than you might think. Also I Hate U I Love U also dropped out as well.

      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Billboard_Hot_100_chart_achievements_and_milestones

      Delete
    9. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    10. And last year, after the Lemonade and Prince massacre back in the spring, Hello dropped out from like #35 or 36, something like that. Not only that, but a month ago the J. Cole massacre caused us to lose not only One Dance and Needed Me, but This Is What You Came For and Ride, at least two of which were in the 30s then. Album bombs do massive damage.

      Delete
    11. Here's something totally unrelated, but you should totally check out and comment.

      http://mymusicreviewingblog.blogspot.com/2017/01/billboard-hot-100-greatest-of-all-time.html

      Yes, I'm basically pestering everyone to check out my re-review, but I can't help it.

      Delete
  35. Songs impacting top 40 radio today:
    AJR - Weak
    Grandtheft/Delaney Jane - Easy Go
    Little Mix - Shout Out to My Ex
    Marian Hill - Down
    Nevada/Mark Morrison/Fetty Wap - The Mack
    Travis Scott - Goosebumps

    ReplyDelete
  36. Let's play hangman:
    Songs that exited on the adult pop chart:

    _h___ T_r__lS
    No_ E___

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hollow man will be so exited about the first one

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Stop giving it away!

      Delete
    4. It's supposed to be hangmam.

      Delete
    5. I prefer the Wheel Of Fortune more than Hangman.

      Delete
    6. I don't care. Delete it!!!!!

      Delete
    7. I don't think she has to delete it, it wasn't "not easy" (lol.)

      Delete
    8. NoLol, and this is between me and her. Stop trying to "Solve" Arguments!

      Delete
    9. Correct. We don't need anybody trying to put end to arguments but end up just creating more. Doesn't it e,embarrass yourselves anyway?

      Delete
  37. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Dua Lipa - Hotter than Hell

    ReplyDelete
  38. Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. My name's Anonymous not SliderOnTheBack.

      Delete
  39. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #teamnoexitweeks

      Delete
    2. #teamhigherexitweeks (like one or two 5+ exit weeks per month)

      Delete
    3. ^What da heck? That's ridiculous. And look what this little girl caused. She needs to stop ranting about these thing nobody cares about IMMEDIATELY.

      Delete
    4. At least SOMEONE agrees with me. Count how long this girl has been doing this. For like A YEAR. THIS NEEDS TO STOP. And so what. Who cares if the exits aren't like they used to be? Did you see me crying for like a century when there was a no exit week on the BAPC last week? NOo, then why are you doing it?

      Delete
    5. I really didn't care if she was going around saying this exit stuff, and then I wanted her to stop because of OTHER PEOPLE'S annoying reactions.

      Delete
    6. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    8. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    9. And I'm not a little girl, I'm 17, not 5.

      Delete
    10. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  40. DSR has been showing song titles for The Greatest and Don't Wanna Know as "This Song is Out-of-Date for 2911966" just check it out. And I searched that up, and a tweet from 20 on 20 (the former station on Channel 3) came up from 2009 saying "Now on 20 on 20: This Song is Out-of-Date for 2911962 by Panic At The Disco". So it's similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that when I was driving in my dad's Jeep tonight. His radio interface has a different one than my car does, and that came up when I hit the Presets button. Weird.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete