Saturday, December 31, 2016

Hailee Steinfeld & Grey (3) – Week Of December 31, 2016

This week is definitely an interesting week as you have to really think if it's the last week of 2016, or the first week of 2017. I'll just consider this the first countdown of 2017. No songs leaving the countdown this week. So let's get right into it.


Last Week's #1 Song: Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd – Starving
The Countdown
45. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Girls Talk Boys (#44)
44. Calvin Harris – My Way (#45)
43. DNCE – Body Moves (#42)
42. Daya – Sit Still, Look Pretty (#34)
41. Kenny Chesney/P!nk – Setting The World On Fire (#40)
40. Mike Posner/SeeB – I Took A Pill In Ibiza (#39) [2 Weeks At #1]
39. Andy Grammer – Fresh Eyes (#38)
38. Sia/Sean Paul – Cheap Thrills (#37)
37. Gnash/Olivia O'Brien – I Hate U, I Love U (#33)
36. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ – Cold Water (#32)
35. Justin Timberlake – Can't Stop The Feeling (#35) [10 Weeks At #1]
34. Bastille – Good Grief (#27)
33. The Chainsmokers/Daya – Don't Let Me Down (#43) [3 Weeks At #1]
32. Adele – Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#36) [1 Week At #1]
31. Twenty One Pilots – Ride (#31)
30. John Legend – Love Me Now (#29)
29. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson – Just Hold On (#30)
28. Train – Play That Song (#14)
27. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber – Let Me Love You (#41)
26. James Arthur – Say You Won't Let Go (#25)
25. Ariana Grande – Into You (#20)
24. Coldplay/Beyoncé – Hymn For The Weekend (#21)
23. Runaground – Chase You Down (#24)
22. Charli XCX – After The Afterparty (#28)
21. Pitbull/Flo Rida/LunchMoney Lewis – Greenlight (#22)
20. Lady Gaga – Million Reasons (#23)
19. Fifth Harmony – That's My Girl (#26)
18. OneRepublic – Kids (#16)
17. Zayn/Taylor Swift – I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#17)
16. Jon Bellion – All Time Low (#15)
15. X Ambassadors – Unsteady (#18)
14. Bruno Mars – 24K Magic (#13)
13. Alessia Cara – Scars To Your Beautiful (#4)
12. Adele – Water Under The Bridge (#12)
11. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Side To Side (#11)
10. Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better (#8)
  9. Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha – In The Name Of Love (#6)
  8. Panic! At The Disco – Death Of A Bachelor (#10)
  7. Sia/Kendrick Lamar – The Greatest (#19)
  6. Maroon 5 – Don't Wanna Know (#5)
  5. The Weeknd/Daft Punk – Starboy (#9)
  4. Niall Horan – This Town (#3)
  3. Twenty One Pilots – Heathens (#7) [1 Week At #1]
  2. The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer (#2) [8 Weeks At #1]
  1. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd – Starving (#1) [3rd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Adele – Hello

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Train – Play That Song (–14)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: DJ Snake/Justin Bieber – Let Me Love You (+14)


This week will unfortunately be a no-blurb week for two reasons. One, nothing too exciting happened on the countdown anyway. And two, I am really close to finishing my Top 45 of 2016 and I'd like to get that out to you guys today while it is still 2016. So hopefully that will be out later today. In the meantime, feel free to comment any last minute predictions if you so wish.


My Top 5 Picks
1. TIE: Alessia Cara – Scars To Your Beautiful
1. TIE: Jon Bellion – All Time Low
3. Runaground – Chase You Down
4. Coldplay – Hymn For The Weekend
5. Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha – In The Name Of Love

My Bottom 5 Picks
1. Bruno Mars – 24K Magic
2. Twenty One Pilots – Ride
3. X Ambassadors – Unsteady
4. Charli XCX – After The Afterparty
5. Adele – Send My Love (To Your New Lover)

87 comments:

  1. First! (And Chase, don't say second!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post! And does anyone have Hitbound by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I'll try to make this a double post day with the Billboard and WC.

      Delete
    2. I do too. Just In My Mind re-entered and Hallelujah left the Hit-Bound, those were the only changes.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, hold on a second.........
    Why is Don't Wanna Know in blue?
    Why is Play That Song in blue?
    Why is Girls Talk Boys in red?
    Why is Scars To Your Beautiful in purple?
    Why is Cant Stop The Feeling in green?
    Why is Heathens in blue?
    Why is After The Afterparty in red?
    Why is Don't Let Me Down in yellow?
    Why is Into You in pink?
    Why is Starving in blue?
    Why is Let Me Love You in green?
    Why is I Took A Pill In Ibiza in green?
    Why is Fresh Eyes in red?
    Why is Cold Water in green?
    Why is 24KMagic in orange?
    Why is Body Moves in green?
    And why is Unsteady in red?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not Adrian but I'll guess:

      It's probably fading on him.
      Same as above.
      He's really annoyed with it still here.
      He probably repeatedly listened to it and loved it.
      I don't think he'll get sick of it.
      Same as #1.
      He finds it annoying.
      He's tired of it.
      He doesn't dislike it, but doesn't enjoy it anymore.
      He's annoyed it's #1 over Closer.
      He still enjoys it.
      It's one of his favorite songs of the year.
      He finds it boring.
      He still enjoys it.
      He hates the new Bruno Mars.
      He finds it catchy.
      He's completely tired of it.

      Delete
    2. Now, all these songs made it into 2017.

      Delete
    3. I'm guessing that he is losing interest in that song.

      Delete
    4. I'm not. It's at like, #6 in my top 45 songs of 2016.

      Delete
    5. ^ Same here. I have it under old but I still like it though.

      And I'm amazed that even after everything, CSTF is still in green. He did mention that he somehow didn't get sick of it, though. (Then again I probably just jinxed it)

      Delete
  6. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Osip3aAm3i4
    I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you do a review about my favorite songs of the year on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well After The Afterparty is taking the I'm Not Famous path, being in blue and then in your bottom 5 picks.

    Was STYB in purple just to make me angry :( :)

    FINALLY Heathens is in blue.

    And Chase You Down being better then HFTW is surprising.

    And my top 5 predictions:

    5. Just Like Fire or My House
    4. Sorry
    3. All Time Low
    2. I Took A Pill In Ibiza
    1. Hymn For The Weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adrian, how is Cheap Thrills good enough to not be in your bottom 5 picks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IDK........ As for a 7 exit week next week, that song must be one of the exits, plzzzzz.

      Delete
    2. Serious? And yes! That song is so freakin annoying I've considered putting it in orange in my own blog!

      Please, Cheap Thrills, please leave!

      Delete
    3. Cheap Thrills is in Orange for me and has been ever since Spirits and Let It Go left.

      Delete
    4. I grew into Cheap Thrills a little. It would be in blue right now.

      Delete
    5. Parker Scott, what is so bad about Let It Go?

      Delete
    6. ^ He just hates most alternative basically.

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll put this huge gap so I wouldn't spoil Miles.



































    Me, Graham, and . are all hoping that next week will have 7 exits. XD

    ReplyDelete
  12. 50 comments in less than an hour!

    ReplyDelete
  13. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBd0m61AbLI

    ReplyDelete
  14. Who agrees that there should be a messaging service on Blogger, like for between two people?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Menchies really hot, yeah I saw her with like 5 guys

    Remember European in that market? Yeah it's like a produce too.

    Oh man.... PITA!

    ReplyDelete
  16. http://mytop50songsoftheweek.blogspot.com/2016/12/top-50-songs-of-123116.html

    Here ya go, my last post of 2016 for the top 50 chart!

    ReplyDelete
  17. you know you don't have a life when the last thing you download in 2016 has the word "Harambe" in it

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Replies
    1. And you have WUTB as your favorite countdown song…

      Delete
  20. Just want to remind everyone again that COAEP is out, because there aren't any comments on it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The year end #40Friday chart is out! http://40friday.blogspot.com/2016/12/40friday-of-2016.html

    ReplyDelete