Friday, September 2, 2016

America's Got Talent: Semifinals Week 1

We are now at the next stage of this competition: the semifinals! All the acts that have reached this point are only of performances away from the one million dollars and the headlining show in Vegas. From the three weeks of the quarterfinals, 7 acts have advanced from each week. 1 act will be brought back next week as a wildcard so that we can have 11 performers over the course of these two weeks of the semifinals.


Like I said, there are two weeks of the semifinals. 11 acts battle it out on stage, but only 5 can advance into the finals. So now the pressure is even higher than before. This post will include the performance reviews as well as the results.



Week 1 Performances
Because we are in the semifinals, I am a much tougher judge and I expect almost perfection. Did all 11 acts exceed my expectations? Let's get into that right now with individual performance reviews.



~ Sal Valentinetti: I don't know why but I just don't really like this guy. I mean sure, he can put on a show. But I just don't love his voice. There are a ton of better singers in this competition in my opinion. Maybe this type of performance is just not my cup of tea. But overall, he is not as amazing as the judges and America make him out to be. He was a waste of a golden buzzer and I have no problem with him being eliminated. This is all just my opinion though. I know there are quite a few people who actually enjoy this style of music and these types of performances. But I'm not one of them.



~ Blake Vogt: I'm still surprised he made it through last week. His tricks are solid, but not exactly something that really makes him stand out as a magician. He has had consistently well-done performances. But tonight I feel like his consistency of good performances just went down slightly. The trick he did in front of the judges was pretty cool and I have no idea how he did it. But I wasn't too amazed with the second half of the trick where he somehow ended up on the balcony. I didn't think it was necessarily bad, but I do think it was a step-down. He has had better performances and I just can't picture him in the finals.



~ Edgar: I've loved this family since their audition and I honestly did not think they would make it this far. Not because I don't think they're amazing, because they really are. But I just never imagine a lot of these acts making it to this point. That being said, I can only imagine how they feel and much pressure is being put on them. But as usual, they did amazing. Their story is really touching about how you can overcome a bad situation, whether it was a teen pregnancy or a drug and alcohol addiction and I can feel the emotion in their performance. They're voices are amazing and they do harmonize very nicely. And I absolutely love Nikki's big moments like she had for their past two performances. It's a really tough competition tonight with only 5 acts going through and I'm really nervous for them. I really hope that America votes for them and makes them one of the 5 acts advancing into the finals. They are truly worthy of it. They probably won't make it into the Top 5 of the season, but they are definitely worthy of the Top 10 in my opinion. This was personally my favorite performance of the night.



~ Lori Mae Hernandez: While I'm surprised that Edgar made it this far in a good way, I'm surprised that this girl made it this far in a non-good way. I liked her the first couple of times, but her last performance was a big step down. I did not find her rambling on very interesting at all. Especially when she was going on about Barbies. The only part where I laughed was at the end when she made that joke involving host Nick Cannon and his ex-wife Mariah Carey. But the rest of it was rather cringe-worthy. She's easily going to be one of the acts out of the competition. I'm surprised America voted her towards the Dunkin' Save when she was in that position. It'll pretty much be one of life's greatest mysteries. But for now, we can just not vote for her.



~ Musicality: While most acts in this competition have been progressively stepping it up with each performance, these guys have progressively gotten worse. If I'm being honest here, a lot of these people can't really sing. I was not very impressed by the solos incorporated into this performance. I felt they were pretty weak. But I think their song choices are also what hurt them pretty badly. I get that like to do covers from more current artists like Demi Lovato, Ariana Grande, and now Lady Gaga. But it just isn't working for this group. I do appreciate their story and they ended up becoming a group. But if you take the story away, it was pretty much just a group consisting of quite a few mediocre singers performing a song that wasn't fit for their voices. I'm pretty sure they won't go through, so that makes them another act we don't have to worry about.




~ Deadly Games: I typically don't really enjoy very many danger acts just because a lot of them seem like things I've seen before. But I don't know if I've ever seen anything like what Deadly Games does. I don't think this performance was as good as their last one, but they managed to really keep me on the edge of my seat hoping nothing goes wrong and I think that's the goal for an act like them. Whether or not they'll be voted through, I don't know. But did I enjoy this performance? Yes. Yes I did.



~ Tape Face: Similarly to Musicality, Tape Face has consistently gotten worse with each performance. I was even more bored with this performance than I was with his last performance, and I didn't think that was possible. The people who vote for him clearly don't understand the concept of stepping it up each time. This time he brought even less for us than he did the last few times. I thought the dual with the balloons and the staple guns was kind of dumb. I pretty much only got a kick out of Mel B chasing Simon Cowell with one of their drinks after Simon insulted Mel B with his comment. But overall, I don't like Tape Face. His acts are now really boring as he has been consistently bringing less for us. Hopefully that means elimination, but we can't be so sure with an act like him and his huge fanbase.




~ Jon Dorenbos: This guy really is one of the best magicians this season. Not only does he do great magic, but he is also a great comedian. I thought this performance was really good. It was interesting, it was funny, and I have no idea how he did it. He really does know how to engage the audience with his magic, kind of like Piff The Magic Dragon from last season. As far as magicians go, I'm pretty sure the voters will lean more towards Jon than they will Blake. I personally believe he should be one of the five to advance to the finals. He is really talented and I just really like him.



~ Grace VanderWaal: Once again, I do think she's a really good songwriter and deserves credit for that. But I still don't love her voice and this performance was clear evidence as to why. It was very shaky and croaky and while that definitely distinguishes her, I'm just not really a fan of it. It sounded like she had a sore throat or something. I feel like as she gets older, her voice will mature a little more. But for now, I'm not loving it. But of course, due to her extremely large fanbase, it's no doubt she'll get voted into the finals. Oh well.



~ Malevo: I just love these guys. Their energy is amazing and I absolutely love what they do. It makes me want to get up and join them. I'll admit, I still think their Judge Cuts performance was their best. For the first chunk of this performance, it felt a lot like their last performance in the quarterfinals. But by adding in the water towards the end, they really did step up their game. I could totally see this as a show in Vegas and I'm sure America will vote for them. They are the only dance act remaining in this competition and it'd be awesome to see them in the finals, maybe even the Top 5. Overall, I love these guys and I want them to go through as they are one of the better acts this week.



~ Laura Bretan: Like I said before, I do think it's amazing that she can sing opera like this at such a young age. But opera is not exactly my cup of tea. Her doing this at such a young age is really the only thing I can appreciate about her. If I didn't know who she was and I heard her sing, I'd say she sounds just like any other opera singer I've ever heard. Like Grace, I don't think she's as incredible as a lot of people make her out to be. But like I said, opera is not my cup of tea. It's not something that I enjoy very often. But what the voters need to keep in my mind is that she has already won one of the recent seasons of Romania's Got Talent. So I'm not exactly sure how it's fair that she can compete in another Got Talent competition when she already won one. So we really don't need her in the finals. But we'll just have to wait and see her fate.



Week 1 Results
11 acts have performed and only 5 acts are advancing into the finals. America has voted and the results are in. Also, The Illusionists joined us tonight for multiple performances all throughout the show. While I won't be reviewing them, you can find them within all the videos containing results. So here we go.



The acts that came in 4th, 5th, and 6th place in America's vote were announced first as the three acts in danger of elimination. However, one of them will be saved with the live Dunkin' Save. During the episode, we had time to search "Dunkin' Save" on Google and pick the one act that we want to save. The act that receives the most votes is to be announced later in the episode and will be put through to the finals. In no particular order, the three acts are:





  • Edgar
  • Laura Bretan
  • Tape Face

I'm not surprised about Tape Face being in this position. His performance the previous night was rather weak, yet his fans saved him from just being flat-out eliminated. I wasn't too surprised about Edgar either because not everyone loved their performance and thinking from the perspective of a good chunk of America, they do think there are better acts in the competition. As for Laura Bretan, I couldn't really predict where she'd land. I may have thought she'd be in this position mainly because a lot of people have constantly noted her past when she competed on and won Romania's Got Talent. That being said, I don't think it'd be fair for her to be put through into the finals. Anyway, two of them will go through at the end of the show, one of which will be from the Dunkin' Save. In the meantime, 3 acts will be put through immediately and 5 acts will be eliminated.


For the first result, Grace VanderWaal advanced into the finals while Musicality and Lori Mae Hernandez were eliminated. None of this surprised me at all. Musicality and Lori's performances were rather uninteresting and not up to the standards expected in the semifinals. I didn't love Grace either, but she has the biggest fanbase out of all the acts this season. So it was expected that she would advance. Next, Sal Valentinetti advanced with Malevo being sent home. This one angered me quite a bit. All Sal does is sing with a rather mediocre voice and this huge production that somewhat drowns out his voice. Malevo, on the other hand, have dedicated their lives to a type of dance that I've never seen before. America complains about singers advancing with variety being eliminated, yet they make a stupid move like this. America will only vote for a certain number of singers, and there's no room for bland and mediocre singers like Sal.



For the final result before the three acts up for the Dunkin' Save, Jon Dorenbos advanced with Blake Vogt and Deadly Games being eliminated. I did expect this, and frankly, I'm quite happy about it. Of course, Deadly Games going home is somewhat disappointing. But Jon really does deserve this and he is just awesome. So far, 3 acts have been put through. There's two more spots and it's time to bring out the three acts up for the Dunkin' Save.



Out of the three acts up on stage, America chose to save Tape Face. As I said before, his fans just don't understand that acts must step it up with each performance. They probably just vote for him before they actually see his performance. Oh well. He is now the fourth act put through. Two acts remain on stage and there is one spot left. It is now up the judges. The act that receives more votes from the judges earns the final spot in the finals. Just as a reminder, the two acts remaining are:




  • Edgar
  • Laura Bretan

Judges' Choices:

  • Heidi Klum voted first and placed her vote on Laura Bretan.
  • Mel B voted second and placed her vote on Laura Bretan.
  • Howie Mandel voted third and placed his vote on Edgar.
  • Simon Cowell voted fourth and placed his vote on Laura Bretan.

So because three judges voted for Laura Bretan, that means she has earned the last spot this week in the finals. I am pretty annoyed by it because I do believe that Edgar deserved a spot in the finals. I see and hear opera singers all the time, but very rarely do we get a family band containing three amazing voices. To see them go home was very disappointing because they were one of my favorite acts and my #1 favorite from the previous night with the performances. I do hope they continue with music as I will continue to support them. But still, I think they were more worthy of the finals than Laura Bretan, who I simply cannot picture having her own show in Vegas. Oh well. We don't always get what we want.


My Top 5 Performances
1. Edgar
2. Malevo
3. Jon Dorenbos
4. Deadly Games
5. Blake Vogt (because there weren't enough good performances)


Of course that means next week, we will have a load of good acts performing, which will make it nearly impossible to choose just 5. We'll have acts like Brian Justin Crum, The Clairvoyants, Jayna Brown, Steven Brundage, Kadie Lynn Roberson, and more including the one wildcard act I was talking about in the beginning of the post. Although Simon Cowell voted "no" for this act to come back (for obvious reasons), Heidi Klum, Mel B, and Howie Mandel all voted "yes" for the return of comedic jugglers The Passing Zone. Ultimately, I'm glad to see them come back because I absolutely loved their last performance. It was hilarious. And I can't wait to see what they're going to do to Simon. It's very unlikely that they'll get voted through to the finals, but one last performance involving Simon Cowell is all I need from these guys. So that's happening next week. Hopefully the results won't be as disappointing next week as they were this week. Alright guys! That is all I have for you today and I will see you sometime this weekend with my countdown post.

172 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Third.


      Watch Chase say a random number now.

      Delete
    2. Second.

      -Chasetronaut in the House

      Delete
  2. I don't see what's so funny about the joke with Nick Hannon and Mariah Carey. And I don't need comments from Adrian, WAMB10 or anyone else talking about how they don't like Mariah or some bullshit reason like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just like how she was roasting almost all the judges and then just dropped that roast towards Nick.

      Besides, it happens quite often where an act will jokingly make a reference towards Nick and Mariah.

      Delete
    2. Kind of like this:
      "But honestly, I was waiting for a Mariah Carey song to come on when Nick put on the glasses."

      Delete
    3. Yeah. That was all me though. No one else had said that.

      Delete
  3. #1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Cyrus/Packy - Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Parker, please no. That one is not a good song to recommend to Hits 1.

      Delete
    2. Why the heck not? It's such a fun and catchy song. I love Packy's verse also.

      Delete
  4. And I NEED more votes on my poll! I'm allowing you to vote up to three times!
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdzYk-42h_NBUP0Qls0pULq67WFq-gPlycAjN9n_t_gZtIBjw/viewform

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need more votes on my poll too!
      https://goo.gl/forms/tothDaUYAOS9CJoJ2

      Delete
    2. Is your #1 I Want You to Know?

      Delete
    3. #teamlaurabretan
      #teamgracevanderwaal
      #teamnofalloutboy

      Delete
    4. #teamfrenchmontana
      #teamliluzivert
      #teamnoselenagomez

      Delete
    5. #teamsortalaurabretan
      #teamgracevanderwaal
      #teamfalloutboy
      #teamnofrenchmontana
      #teamnoliluzivery
      #teamselenagomez

      Delete
    6. . If he replied 2 minutes after he had to be waiting on this blog for you to say it. So I'm 99% you said second as anonymous.

      Delete
    7. *vert and that wasn't meant to be a reply for this comment sorry.

      Delete
    8. #teamlaurabretan
      #teamgracevanderwaal
      #teamfalloutboy
      #teamiveneverheardfrenchmontanasmusic
      #teamiveneverheardliluzivertsmusic
      #teamselenagomez

      Delete
    9. http://siriusxmhits1weekendcountdown.blogspot.com/2016/08/adele-1-week-of-august-27-2016.html?showComment=1472504335094#c2671713377764783090
      Yes, ., you do know French Montana's music.

      Delete
    10. Well, that is true, but I don't really listen to him.

      Delete
    11. French Montana currently has two songs in the top 5 on COAEP while Lil Uzi Vert has 5, all of which hit a new peak this week on COAEP.

      Delete
  5. COAEP is out! Will DJ Mustard and his crew hold at #1 for a record-tying third week in a row, or will Dae Dae or French Montana take over? Click here to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Harambe will rise and win the finals

    ReplyDelete
  7. Harambe will rise and win the finals

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to do a review on this I'm almost done it'll be out after soccer practice tonight at about 9 but don't worry I won't copy you and do it every week and I'll try to make it a little different.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha Edgar was my favorite and Lori was my least favorite also. And for The Weekend Countdown the entrants are pretty obvious: Rise, Spirits, Never Be Like You, Cold Water.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Does anyone here ever do the water bottle challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There will probably be 4 exits this week. If we have 2 re-entries, we would have 6 but I highly doubt that there will be 6 exits.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Most Missed Song: Justin Bieber - Sorry

    ReplyDelete
  13. 30 minutes later, I will play a game to guess 20 different WC. I will put all the Countdowns since 01/01/11 on the randomizer and the top 20 in the randomizer will be in the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I was outside skateboarding for about 30 minutes and this happened? A completely unexpected!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, but it doesn't really have anything to do with the comment.

      Delete
    3. Of course I'm gonna ignore it. Why would I want to partake in a useless activity of a guessing game, when I could just listen to this endlessly.

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPWKT_RjiU0

      Delete
  14. Here's something I'll do in the meantime:

    Roar, I’m Ready, Rude, Jealous (I Ain’t With It), Trumpets, Reflections, The Weekend, Bills, I Don’t Mind, Can’t Sleep Love, Downtown, Work, Kill ‘Em With Kindness, Say, Mama Said.

    What do all 15 of these songs have in common? (Should be easy but maybe not :P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the answer I was looking for is that they were all in red for their entire tenure (and the first three had multiple weeks in orange too), but I'll take that. :P

      And the sad thing is, I excluded the three songs that were in orange for their entire tenures (All About That Bass, Kamikaze and Don't Mind).

      Delete
    2. You have also excluded Wiggle.

      Delete
    3. Yeah I know about all of those, but I didn't want to name (or be bothered to look for) EVERY SINGLE song in that category. Ride and Wiggle are in that category, although the latter had a pretty darn short tenure.

      Also, Shower had like two weeks in blue.

      Delete
    4. Bills had a week or two in blue.

      Delete
  15. Vma's performance review on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay, here we go.
    1. 2 exits and 1 of them was 1 week away from a year on the countdown.
    2. 8 exits and the #1 was the biggest jump.
    3. 2 exits and on of them was from Shawn Mendes.
    4. 6 exits and Young, Wild, & Free re entered that week.
    5. 2 exits which came after a 7 exit week in 2015 and doesn't that 2 exit week didn't have 6 HitBound entrants.
    6. 3 exits and Chris Brown had a song kicked out for its 2nd run.
    7. a 3 exit week in 2015 and one of the exits had a 3 week tenure.
    8. A 2 exit week that came after a 0 exit week in 2014.
    9. 4 exits and the #1 song had its 1st week and it spent 12 weeks at #1.
    10. 2 exits of a song by Panic! At The Disco and a song on its 2nd run.
    11. A 2 exit week where a song from Lady Gaga's born this was album left and that song didn't have a 2nd run.
    12. 4 exits and 2 of them were from a song that had a 3 week tenure and left when it was still really popular and was in 2015.
    13. A 7 exit week in 2015 that had 8 HitBound entrants.
    14. 3 exits and one of them was from Daya.
    15. 4 exits and Adrian said that they all left too early except for 1 song and happened in 2014.
    16. 4 exits and Jason Derulo had a 3 week tenure song leaving that week.
    17. A 1 exit week in 2015 which the exit had an 8 week tenure and had a 2 exit week the week before.
    18. 6 exits and one of (or his official) Adrian's least favorite song of all all time left that week.
    19. A 1 exit week of a song from Rita Ora.
    20. 2 exits and a song from The Summer Set debuted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For question 19, A song from Rita Ora left.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Oh yeah, I'll give you one hint. None of those countdowns were from 2013.

      Delete
    4. For question 11, one of the songs was a song that left from Lady Gaga's Born This Way album.

      Delete
    5. And for #5 I mean that that 2 exit week didn't have 6 HitBound entrants.

      Delete
    6. 14. April 30, 2016

      That was basically a giveaway, as Daya has only had three songs, two of which are still on the countdown :P

      Delete
    7. 18. February 21, 2015. Almost forgot that one.

      Delete
    8. 9. May 9, 2015 - the first of Shut Up and Dance's 12 nonconsecutive weeks at the top. That one was on a weird pattern.

      Delete
    9. You have got all of those right.

      Delete
    10. 4. March 31, 2012
      20. July 12, 2014

      Delete
    11. Without looking at any countdown:

      1. July 19, 2014, and that exit did last a year.
      2. July 9, 2011
      3. March 19, 2016
      4. Somewhere in early 2012, probably April
      5. June 6 or October 31, 2015, what you wrote was confusing.
      6. Somewhere in 2012
      7. No idea.
      8. February 22, 2014
      9. May 9, 2015
      10. Somewhere in early 2014
      11. No idea.
      12. No idea.
      13. October 31, 2015
      14. April 30, 2016
      15. It was early in 2014, and the exit that did not leave early was Take Me Home. (I have an amazing memory.)
      16. September 26, 2015
      17. June 20, 2015
      18. February 21, 2015
      19. Oh my gosh, I think I actually remember this. December 1, 2012. How do I remember that?!?
      20. July 12, 2014

      Wasn't I good?

      Delete
    12. You were pretty good. You got #s 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, and 20 right. Now here's the answers of the ones you got wrong.
      4. 03/31/12
      5. 06/06/15
      6. 05/05/12
      7. 12/05/15
      10. 03/14/14
      11. 02/04/12
      12. 03/14/15
      13. 10/24/15
      15. 04/26/14

      Delete
    13. And I have an amazing memory too.

      Delete
    14. Oh yeah, for March 14, 2015, I meant that one of the exits had a 3 week tenure and another one left while it was popular.

      Delete
    15. Ugh, I thought that was the answer to #6!

      Delete
    16. And for #13 that was probably what I meant.

      Delete
  17. You got number 2 wrong. There wasn't a weekend countdown from 07/19/11 because that was a Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. New fun post out and BBH100 came out yesterday is you didn't see. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry for the #40Friday delay. It will be out in less than an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This just in: Closer, as of now, has two members of The Fray credited as writers.

    Maybe I'll hate this song a little less now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't The Frey the same band that made that song How To Save A Life, and 2 songs in 2009 that I don't know the names of?

      Delete
    2. Correct. TheDoubleAgent had the bigger one as a dishonorable mention :P

      Delete
    3. I know "The Frey had 2 hits in 2009. One was pop perfection, the other was not. Guess which one went to #1 on the Alternative Charts? Guess which one they played on the radio every fucking day?"

      Delete
  21. The countdown already aired. CSTF was #1. I'll have the full countdown soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And at least three songs had at an at least 20 spot drop. One Dance (22), Once in a While (25), and Unsteady, with...

      TWENTY-SEVEN SPOTS.

      Record for biggest drop in 2016.

      Delete
    2. The countdown as I saw it on DSR has been posted.

      http://countdownguyblog.blogspot.com/2016/09/justin-timberlake-10-september-3-2016.html

      Delete
    3. Actually, I'll just post it right here.

      Exits:
      Jordan Fisher - All About Us (#28)
      OneRepublic - Wherever I Go (#41)
      Kent Jones - Don't Mind (#44)
      Nick Jonas/Tove Lo - Close (#45)

      The countdown:
      45. Selena Gomez - Kill Em With Kindness (#43)
      44. Lukas Graham - 7 Years (#39)
      43. Drake/WizKid/Kyla - One Dance (#21)
      42. Taylor Swift - New Romantics (#36)
      41. Timeflies - Once in a While (#16)
      40. Katy Perry - Rise (DEBUT)
      39. DNCE - Cake By the Ocean (#42)
      38. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home (#40)
      37. Meghan Trainor - No (#38)
      36. The Strumbellas - Spirits (DEBUT)
      35. Selena Gomez - Hands to Myself (#33)
      34. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#7)
      33. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman (#32)
      32. The Summer Set - Figure Me Out (#37)
      31. Flume/Kai - Never Be Like You (DEBUT)
      30. Pink - Just Like Fire (#29)
      29. Fifth Harmony - All in My Head (Flex) (#26)
      28. Panic! at the Disco - Victorious (#34)
      27. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took a Pill in Ibiza (#31)
      26. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#30)
      25. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ - Cold Water (DEBUT)
      24. DNCE - Toothbrush (#27)
      23. Meghan Trainor - Me Too (#12)
      22. All Time Low - Missing You (#24)
      21. Lukas Graham - Mama Said (#23)
      20. Symon - Say (#35)
      19. Kenny Chesney/Pink - Setting the World on Fire (#22)
      18. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty (#15)
      17. Jacob Whitesides - Lovesick (#18)
      16. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#19)
      15. AJR - I'm Not Famous (#25)
      14. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (#20)
      13. Demi Lovato - Body Say (#17)
      12. Coldplay/Beyoncé - Hymn For the Weekend (#13)
      11. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore (#14)
      10. 5 Seconds of Summer - Girls Talk Boys (#11)
      9. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This is What You Came For (#10)
      8. Ariana Grande - Into You (#8)
      7. The 1975 - The Sound (#9)
      6. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#6)
      5. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#3)
      4. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (#2)
      3. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#1)
      2. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills (#5)
      1. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling (#4)

      Biggest Drop: X Ambassadors - Unsteady (-27)
      Biggest Jump: Symon - Say (+15)

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  22. Do you have Hit-Bound?

    - A Hits 1 Fan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snakehips/Zayn - Cruel
      Nick Jonas - Bacon (DEBUT)
      Kungs/Cookin' on 3 Burners - This Girl
      OneRepublic - Kids
      Big Gigantic/Angela McCluskey - The Little Things
      Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes
      Kiiara - Gold (DEBUT)
      Troye Sivan/Alessia Cara - Wild
      Magic! - Red Dress
      Hailee Steinfeld/Grey/Zedd - Starving
      Steve Aoki/Boehm/Walk the Moon - Back 2 U
      Panic! at the Disco - Death of a Bachelor (DEBUT)
      Mike Posner - Be as You Are (DEBUT)
      MKTO - Superstitious

      Delete
    2. Death of a Bachelor might stay on HitBound for a little while longer.

      Delete
  23. Do You know if Be As You Are is the original or Jordan XL remix?

    - A Hits 1 Fan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would think it's the JordanXL remix. But I don't know for sure yet.

      Delete
    2. Update: It's the original.

      - A Hits 1 Fan

      Delete
  24. http://mymusicreviewingblog.blogspot.com/2016/09/hits-1-weekend-countdown-9316-cant-stop.html

    WC post out on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  25. WC post out on my blog!

    Well, I updated it.
    https://countdownguyblog.blogspot.com/2016/09/justin-timberlake-10-september-3-2016.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. Attention: The version of Be as You Are used on Hits 1 IS NOT the remix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard Be As You Are only once, and I couldn't tell if it was the remix or not.

      Delete
  27. Darn it... Was going to search for just Hit-Bound but spoiled the countdown. x_x I may still listen to it if the chance presents itself at 8 AM here.

    ReplyDelete
  28. American Top 40 Highlights:

    The 1975 - The Sound finally debuts.

    Love Yourself becomes the only oldest song on the countdown as My House leaves.

    Toothbrush also leaves, from #26.

    Me Too has the biggest drop, down 9 spots to #32.
    I Hate U, I Love U has the biggest jump, up 10 spots to #27.

    Unsteady is "On the Verge". *cries*

    Mama Said holds at its peak, #24. Please jump.

    Into You enters the top 10.

    Ride holds at #2, while Cheap Thrills holds at #1 for a 5th week.

    Other Songs:

    Extra: OneRepublic - Wherever I Go (blue)
    On the Verge: X Ambassadors - Unsteady (orange)
    Optional Extra: Justin Timberlake/Jay-Z - Suit and Tie (green)
    Breakout: Tinie Tempah featuring Zara Larsson - Girls Like (purple)
    Extra: Ruth B. - Lost Boy (yellow)
    Optional Extra: Lady Gaga/Beyonce - Telephone (green)
    Subway Fresh Buzz Song: Alessia Cara - Scars to Your Beautiful (dark green)
    Optional Extra: Fall Out Boy - My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light 'Em Up) [AKA Too Long of a Title] (green)
    Extra: Ben Rector - Brand New (blue)
    Optional Extra: Ellie Goulding - On My Mind (green)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've hated Unsteady since like February

      Delete
    2. Wherever I Go (ORANGE)
      Unsteady (GREEN)
      Suit And Tie (GREEN)
      Girls Like (DARK GREEN)
      Lost Boy (RED)
      Telephone (GREEN)
      Scars to Your Beautiful (DARK GREEN)
      My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (PURPLE)
      Brand New (BLUE)
      On My Mind (GREEN)

      Delete
    3. NOOOOOOOOO YOU TWO HAVE BEEN HYPNOTIZED TO LIKE MY SONGS KNOW WHAT YOU DID IN THE DARK (LIGHT EM UP) YOU TRAITORS!!!!!!







      Haha, I'm just kidding. I just think back to the fact that it's the longest tenured song in countdown history. xP

      Delete
    4. I've always loved that song, mainly because like Adrian grew up with Coldplay and Nickleback, I grew up listening to Green Day and Fall Out Boy.

      Delete
    5. A few weeks ago I had a dream that I just started loving MSKWYDITD (LEU) so much and in real life I started liking it a lot, not as much as the dream though. Despite that lasting for only a week, it's still good.

      Delete
    6. I still say its the best rock song of 2013, and top 10 best rock songs of the decade. But it doesn't come anywhere close to the rock perfection that is Smooth, my second favorite song of all time.

      Delete
  29. On my newest post there's also a guess the Weekend Countdown.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Also, with Don't Mind being no more, I predict that Adrian will have Hands To Myself in orange this round. That one's been around for so long now, so yeah, either that or Mama Said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say Mama Said. But I'm soooooooooooo pissed about Don't Mind leaving!

      Delete
    2. Like I said, a mixed bag week for me. Don't Mind left, yet Rise entered. Me Too dropped out of the top 20, yet Say and I'm Not Famous jumped into the top 20.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, I'm going to guess Mama Said. :(

      Delete
  31. https://mymusicreviewingblog.blogspot.com/2016/09/hits-1-weekend-countdown-9316-cant-stop.html?showComment=1472914284093#c5928167842202771441
    Hurry up and read this before Miles deletes it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damnit. He deleted it. But my WC post is out!
      http://countdownmania.blogspot.com/2016/09/justin-timberlake-10-hits-1-week-of-9316.html

      Delete
    2. It was just a list of random Eminem songs.

      Delete
    3. Having an entire list full of Eminem songs and nothing else are not throwback picks. My list is full of different artists, from the 90s or the 2000s. Why don't you make a top 30 or something list of what you think are the best Eminem songs or something?

      Delete
  32. Walk the Moon - Shut Up and Dance
    #1 for the tenth time this week last year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what? I have a conspiracy. CSTF won't be #1 on September 10th or 17th, but it'll be #1 again on September 24th and October 1st to line up with SUaD's final two weeks at #1.

      Delete
    2. Here's my conspiracy:
      This week or next week will be CSTF's last week at #1. No more than 11 weeks.

      Delete
  33. The Pop 20 Chart is OUT!!!!
    Also, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE check out the YEAR END POP 20 SNEAK PEAK. It's on the sidebar. This took me a while to make so please check it out.
    http://pop45chart.blogspot.ae

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is your last chance to vote for round 3 of the 2014-2015 Song Wars poll! If you see this, please vote!
    goo.gl/forms/tothDaUYAOS9CJoJ2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There you go, voted. Could actually decide five I didn't care for.

      Delete
  35. I'm in need of votes on my poll also! You can vote up to three times!
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdzYk-42h_NBUP0Qls0pULq67WFq-gPlycAjN9n_t_gZtIBjw/viewform

    ReplyDelete
  36. Throwback comment of the day (Because Parker said hi to Remy):

    http://siriusxmhits1weekendcountdown.blogspot.com/2016/06/mike-posner-1-week-of-june-25-2016.html?showComment=1466908439934#c7634296690806297022

    ReplyDelete
  37. Got my countdown post right here: http://sxmh1wc.blogspot.com/2016/09/september-3-2016-justin-timberlake-10.html

    No Hit-Bound recap though, don't have as much time while away.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Round 4 of my poll is out!

    Your top 16 songs:
    Habits (Stay High)
    Fireball
    Centuries
    Somebody to You
    Blame
    Blank Space
    Uptown Funk
    Love Me Harder
    Sugar
    Love Me Like You Do
    Shut Up and Dance
    Chains
    Talking Body
    I Need Your Love
    Elastic Heart
    Stuck on a Feeling

    Link to round 4: https://goo.gl/forms/kSstZKcO0xBhH4aA3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That 4th one... Oooooh! Y u taunt me with my #3 and #2 favorites of the year?!

      The rest were easy, though. :P

      Delete
    2. That's just how it turned out, they were sorted by debut date, except if it debuted August 30, 2014 or before. Then I sorted them on position on that week.

      Delete
    3. Also, you don't have to pick your bottom 5. Here were the songs eliminated by bottom 5 picks:

      Eliminated after round 1:
      Animals (eliminated by Scott)
      Beg For It (eliminated by Scott)
      Life of the Party (eliminated by Parker and I)

      Eliminated after round 2:
      Ugly Heart (eliminated by WAMB10)
      Style (eliminated by Graham)

      Eliminated after round 3:
      First Flight Home (eliminated by Miles and I)

      Delete
  39. My throwback comment of the day with replies.

    We Are My Babies10
    "8 exit week should be next week."

    Miles Washcalus
    "Are you crazy?! That will not happen."

    We Are My Babies10
    "There was an 8 exit week in 2011."

    Miles Washcalus
    "I doubt it'll happen again next week."

    .
    "^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    I can't believe you seriously think that there could be an 8-exit week next week."

    We Are My Babies10
    "Okay, then there should be 7."

    Adrian Carrazco
    "There probably won't be that either."

    We Are My Babies10
    "Okay, 6 exits."

    I chose this comment to mark a few things. First of all, there were 2 8 exit weeks happening in 2011. Second, of course we won't have an 8 exit week next week. There probably won't be 6 or 7 either.

    Of course, we may have an 8 exit week very soon because the WC is doing very well this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And when I mean very soon, we may have one in the start of 2017.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I really doubt that a 6+ exit week happens next week. And in the start of every year, there's no new entrants and 12/31/12 was the start of 2012 but all the entrants were re entries.

      Delete
    3. So the week after the start of 2017, 01/07/17 may have 8 exits.

      Delete
    4. And I mean the WC ISN'T doing very well this year.

      Delete
  40. Wikipedia doesn't show the countdowns for 2010. If I was guessing randomly, maybe 05/01/10 was the best week and 04/10/10 was the worst. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, July 30 for the worst and December 18 for the best.

      Delete
    2. How long has the countdown even been around?

      Delete
    3. I remember that Spyder once said it was around for 10 years (2006) but the oldest countdown I can find is January 1, 2011.

      Delete
  41. Listening to Hit-Bound, and after Red Dress, Mikey Piff said he always wears red dresses on Sunday, and he never thinks he looks sexier. :P Something like that. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So now that I've heard both Death of a Bachelor and Be As You Are...

      I think they're both pretty good, even if I don't think they're quite great yet. Mike Posner proves well that he still only knows sad songs.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  42. #teamlaurenware
    #teamcharlesware
    #teamnotaylorswift

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #teamdaedae
      #teamjeremih
      #teamnoseanpaul

      Delete
    2. #teamidontknowwholaurenwareis
      #teamidontknowwhocharleswareiseither #howdoyouevenknowthesepeople
      #teamtaylorswift #teamtaytay
      #teamunfamiliarwithdaedaesmusic
      #teamjeremih
      #teamseanpaul

      Delete
  43. Top 5 2011 WCs:
    1. 07/09/11
    2. 08/27/11
    3. 11/19/11
    4. 09/24/11
    5. 06/18/11

    Top 5 2012 WCs:
    1. 08/04/12
    2. 10/20/12
    3. 02/11/12
    4. 12/08/12
    5. 01/07/12

    Top 5 2013 WCs:
    1. 07/20/13
    2. 01/12/12
    3. 02/09/13
    4. 03/23/13
    5. 02/23/13

    Top 5 2014 WCs:
    1. 10/11/14
    2. 01/11/14
    3. 10/25/14
    4. 12/13/14
    5. 08/30/14

    Top 5 2015 WCs:
    1. 10/24/15
    2. 05/30/15
    3. 11/21/15
    4. 01/10/15
    5. 07/11/15

    Top 5 2016 WCs:
    1. 06/18/16
    2. 03/26/16
    3. 01/16/16
    4. 07/16/16
    5. 05/14/16

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you stop with all this best WC/Number of exits stuff? It's pretty annoying and it takes up a lot of the comments here.

      Delete
  44. So, terrible news… Child's Play by Drake, one of THE worst songs off of Views, apparently has a video now.

    At first I thought it would just be another typical track from Views that nothing gets done for… And yet it's now the SIXTH single from that album. Why?!

    I won't be happy if this becomes a hit. Stay away from the year-end list you pile of crap!!! Poor Spectrum Pulse…

    ReplyDelete