Saturday, September 17, 2016

America's Got Talent: The Finals

10 acts are officially one performance away from one million dollars. The pressure is the highest it's ever been. Unfortunately, this is the last week of America's Got Talent for this year. But aside from that, it's also an exciting week as the 10 best acts this season are fighting for the one million dollar prize and the headlining show in Las Vegas.


It is completely up to America to decide which act they want to see win this entire competition. Everyone has officially made it into the Top 10. Now it's just a matter of which act lands where in the Top 10. This post contains their performances as well as the official results of the season, which will contain our winner.



Finale Performances
Because we are dealing with the Top 10 acts this season, it would make sense that all the performances are great and America then has a tough time voting. Was that the case here? Let's dig deeper into our Top 10 performances to find out!



~ Pitbull/LunchMoney Lewis: Obviously, they are not contestants. This was just a special guest performance to help open up the show. But in reality, we all know that it's because AGT had to find something to fill up the two hours of airtime completely, and 10 performances clearly isn't enough. As far as this went, it was good, I guess. It wasn't really anything incredible. I don't think the song is necessarily amazing. LunchMoney Lewis' voice doesn't stand out very much. But was this good at the bringing the energy? Yes, it was. We are in the finals, we need energy, and Mr. Worldwide managed to give us that. That being said, it was good. Just not amazing.



~ Sal Valentinetti: The second time in a row this guy has opened up the show. Last time, I'll admit that I was a little bit of a tough judge on him. His voice still isn't exactly amazing, but it is definitely good. He does have talent. While his style isn't my cup of tea, that doesn't take away from the fact that he is talented. I did think his performance this time was better than before. I think he showcased his voice a little more, which made me appreciate his talent more. Do I think he'll win? Probably not. Do I think he'll make the Top 5? I don't know. I'd say he has a 50/50 chance. A lot of people love him, a lot of people don't. As of now, I'm kind of in the middle with him. But whether or not he makes the Top 5, I see a good career in singing ahead of him.



~ Sofie Dossi: I don't know if contortionists typically make it this far. She is definitely extremely talented and entertaining. This time she did a hell lot of spinning and I myself was getting dizzy. But some of the things that really helps her performance are the set and the music. She has used excellent music for all her helps as all the songs have been pretty dramatic. The set is always really cool. And she is really good at what she does. She always does it so gracefully, and the fact that she can bring her feet over her head while I can barely touch my toes is crazy. However, the competition is really tough and I don't think she will make it into the Top 5, thinking on the behalf of America's opinions for her. But I really enjoyed it.



~ Linkin' Bridge: From the audition, I kind of knew that these guys would go far. I absolutely love the amount of passion they have for what they do. Out of all their performances, I think my favorite was their cover of 7 Years by Lukas Graham. This time, they covered See You Again, and while it was not as good 7 Years, it was very soulful and I felt the emotion. I honestly just love these guys. They have worked really hard to get to where they are now. I'd say they have a reasonable chance to make it into the Top 5. But because America always votes very stupidly in the finale, they probably won't make it into the Top 5. One can only hope that real talent like these guys makes it far.



~ Laura Bretan: While acts like Sal did get better, this girl has not changed. Like I've said before, opera is not my style of music. I would never pay to watch opera, because then I'd probably fall asleep and waste my money. Her performances do sound extremely similar to one another that I probably wouldn't be surprised if it was the same exact song. However, I do give her credit for being able to do this kind of thing at such a young age. She does have talent, it just doesn't match with my personal taste. Do I think she'll make it into the Top 5? Probably not given all the other (and frankly better) talent there is this week. Overall, I'm not too impressed. She's not bad, but her performance was nothing we haven't heard before.



~ The Clairvoyants: What I love about this duo is that they're so mysterious, creepy, yet amazing all at the same time. They have consistently given us incredible, mystifying, mind-blowing performances. For this performance, they even went back to what they did in some of their previous performances and incorporated it all into yet another fantastic performance. They are easily the best magic act this year. They have consistently been the first act put through in the live shows, so America clearly seems to agree. Will they make it into the Top 5? I think they have a really good chance. Will they win? Probably not. But I wouldn't mind if they did. I think they would make an amazing Vegas show, which is why I wouldn't mind them winning. But there is a slight chance they won't make the Top 5, because of how skeptical a good chunk of America seems about this kind of stuff. Hopefully they will because they are just incredible.



~ Brian Justin Crum: I'm a little disappointed they didn't make him the last performance of the night. He is for sure my favorite singer this year and pretty much my favorite act in the whole competition. I recently watched all his performances in order from the audition all the way up to the semifinals and every one of those performances have been incredible. This time, he made a little bit of a risky decision to sing Man In The Mirror by Michael Jackson. But what I love is that he made it his own and he did fantastic yet again. It started off a little slow leading up to the amazing chorus where he showed off his vocals even more. About halfway through was when his voice was at the highest point, literally. He hits those high notes like no other male does this season and it gives me chills every time. But it's more than just his voice, he sings with emotion and you can feel what he's singing about. He has consistently been amazing at that and one of the reasons I loved this performance was because of the message being told from the song. It is so moving. If America votes based off talent, this guy has a really good shot at winning the entire show. I think that would be amazing. But win or not, this guy has a really good career ahead of him and I will always be a supporter of him no matter what. Overall, I'm very sure he'll get voted into the Top 5 and I'm reasonably sure he'll win the show. His only real competition at this point is Grace VanderWaal, who I'll talk more about when I get to her performance. But if he doesn't win, I'm feeling runner-up. There's no way he can be outside of the Top 3. But personally, he is my pick to win.



~ Tape Face: I did previously say that Tape Face has progressively gotten worse with each performance, with his performance in the semifinals being a full on snooze fest. But I gotta say, this performance was a big step up, his first step up this season. It started off a little slow to the point where I thought he might get buzzed. He pulled out two horses on sticks and just waved them around, which I thought was pretty funny. Then he did some more randomness including Mel B in the act and I thought it was actually pretty funny. I think he has a reasonable shot at making the Top 5. But a lot of people did not seem very happy about him actually making it into the finals and getting the Dunkin' Save over Edgar. So it's possible that he won't make it into the Top 5. But me personally, I thought that was a performance worthy of making the Top 5. As ridiculously stupid as it is, it is hella funny.



~ Viktor Kee: Who ever guessed a juggler would make it to the finals of America's Got Talent? I sure didn't. But I believe he made it this far for a very good reason and that is because he's excellent at what he does. I've never been this amazed by a juggler before. With every performance, he has just wowed us even more than before. It seems as though he tells a story with his juggling. This performance was pretty amazing as well. I didn't even realize right at the beginning that he was blindfolded because it was almost like he wasn't. He was still able to juggle very well. As usual, his juggling was amazing. I loved the set that went with the performance. Overall, I liked it quite a bit. Unfortunately, I don't think it was good enough to make the Top 5 with the amount of competition there is. But he is amazingly talented and had a good run on this show.



~ Jon Dorenbos: This football player AND magician has had amazing performances all throughout this season. He is right behind the Clairvoyants for best magicians this year. This performance wasn't too heavy on the magic. It was a lot more talking. The first time I watched it, I was only paying attention to the magic and what he was doing with the cards, paying absolutely little to no attention to what he was saying. Then the second time I watched it, I only payed attention to what he saying and I didn't realize how much inspirational stuff he had to say. He does have a really touching and emotional story and I believe what he had to say was an inspiration to those who have trouble finding themselves. Magic helped him find himself and with what he had to say, he helped get us to find ourselves. That's what I got out of this performance. He is more than just a magician. He is an inspiration. An inspiration who I believe has a decent shot at making the Top 5. Will Jon's inspiring words help him get votes from America? Or will America not care about what he said and only focus on the small lack of magic compared to his other performances? We'll have to wait and see.



~ Grace VanderWaal: Of course she is last. How am I not surprised? Anyway, she performed another original. I definitely give her credit and think she's talented with song-writing. But I just don't love her voice. I barely understood what she was saying. Her voice cracks A LOT. I just don't think it's that impressive. However, I do think it's impressive that she writes her own songs and that she's performing them for an audience this big at such a young age. I appreciate her in that way. But I just feel like she needs to give her voice a couple more years to mature a little more. But honestly when this girl grows up, I can picture her as the next Sia. I think her voice is a lot more similar to Sia's voice than anyone else. Overall, I had pretty much the same comments as last time. Unfortunately though, due to her massive fanbase, she has the biggest shot out of all the contestants to win the whole show. I would honestly prefer if we had Brian Justin Crum or The Clairvoyants at the top. I just don't think Grace is old enough to have her own show in Vegas. I personally wouldn't pay to see her, but that's just me. As far as her chances of making the Top 5 goes, I'm 99% sure she will make it into the Top 5, and like I said earlier, she has a chance at winning the competition, as much as I don't exactly want her to. But we'll just have to wait and see what happens.


My Top 5 Performances
1. Brian Justin Crum
2. The Clairvoyants
3. Jon Dorenbos
4. Tape Face
5. Linkin' Bridge



Finale Results


We have reached the final episode of America's Got Talent this season. How saddening for us, yet nerve-wrecking for the contestants as each of them are hoping that they are announced as the winner of the season. 10 acts performed and only 1 will win the million dollars and the headlining show in Vegas. Because it's the finale, it is a two-hour episode filled with special performances from each of the acts. I will give short and quick reviews for each to make things move efficiently and then I will announce the final results.



~ Sal Valentinetti/Jersey Boys: I enjoyed this performance. I thought Sal's voice actually blended in very nicely with those from Jersey Boys. They really did help. It was a fun performance is really all I have to say.



~ Tape Face: Back again with a strange, but funny act, he included Jon Dorenbos, Brian Justin Crum, Viktor Kee, and one of the guys from Linkin' Bridge. You'd have to watch the video to get an idea of what exactly he did. But I enjoyed it and I thought it was funny.



~ Brian Justin Crum: He was asked to revisit probably his best performance this season, his performance of Radiohead's Creep. I'll admit, it wasn't as spectacular as it was when he first performed it, but it was still amazing. Too bad he didn't do a duet with Adam Lambert though. That would've been amazing.



~ Grace VanderWaal: The way Brian revisited Creep, Grace was asked to revisit her very first performance of the song that's going everywhere, her first single, I Don't Know My Name. I like the song and it's lyrical content. But as usual, not a huge fan of her voice. Nothing new. But I did think her first performance of this song was better, like how Brian's first performance of Creep was better as well.



~ Stevie Nicks: Immediately after Grace's performance came Stevie Nicks performing one of the songs I remember from when I was child, Landslide by Fleetwood Mac. I do love that song and I really liked Stevie Nicks' performance of it, especially with all the shots in the background of the finalists' previous moments on this show. Overall, I really liked it.



~ Il Volo/Laura Bretan/Viktor Kee/Sofie Dossi: I didn't care too much for the opera portion, as some of you probably guessed. It was mainly the graceful drop-ins from Viktor Kee and Sofie Dossi that helped make this performance interesting. It still wasn't that amazing, just because the opera took up a big chunk of it. But it definitely wasn't bad. Viktor and Sofie helped.



~ Linkin' Bridge/Silhouettes: For this performance, Linkin' Bridge revisited their performance of 7 Years, which was possibly my favorite from them. But while they sang that song, Silhouettes, who competed in Season 6 of America's Got Talent, told a story that went very well with 7 Years. Once again, I loved Linkin' Bridge's performance of the song. And I absolutely loved the story Silhouettes told with the performance.



~ The Clairvoyants/Jon Dorenbos: So I was already amazed that Paula Abdul was actually there as Heidi Klum randomly selected her. I thought the whole lottery trick was really cool. But it would've been even better if Paula Abdul wasn't so dumb and just read the numbers in order on the ticket. She just made things so much more confusing. Someone get her some glasses. For Jon's part of the performance, he did an amazing card trick with Paula that thankfully did not involve her having to read anything. Overall, I thought this performance was really good from our two top notch magic acts. And of course, Paula Abdul.


Alright! Now that those reviews are done, it's time for the results! The setup of how the finale works is the same as last year. For those who don't know, basically out of the Top 10 acts, host Nick Cannon announces in no particular order which acts made it into the Top 5, eliminating the other 5. Their positions in the Bottom 5 of the Top 10 remains unknown. So first, here are the five acts that did not make the Top 5.




  • Tape Face: He did receive a lot of criticism for still being in the show. I guess a lot of people just got over the mime act saying that it isn't real talent. I can agree in a way, but it is entertaining. Especially that last performance was the horses on the sticks. That was pretty funny. I thought that would boost him to the Top 5, but I guess not.

  • Linkin' Bridge: These guys have had a pretty successful journey on America's Got Talent. Like I said before, I love their story and the love they have for each other and what they do. Unfortunately, they didn't bring enough to be voted in the Top 5. But it was nice having them around. I can definitely say that they were the biggest surprise of the season in the auditions.

  • Sofie Dossi: While she is really talented, I did predict her not making it into the Top 5 with the tough competition this year in the finals. But hey, I don't remember the last contortionist that made it this far in the competition, so she should be proud for getting this far. At least she'll always have the memory of receiving that golden buzzer from Judge Cuts guest judge Reba McEntire.

  • Viktor Kee: I cannot recall the last juggler that made it this far in the competition, so this guy already has something to be proud of. He was honestly just very graceful with what he does that he just reeled me in every time we saw him. He is extremely talented and had a good run this season. We honestly need more jugglers like this man, not some random clown.

  • Laura Bretan: I'm a little glad that she didn't make the Top 5, just because I feel like she hasn't really grown over the course of this show. She's kind of just stayed in one steady line, not getting better or worse. I feel like if she did make the Top 5, it would be overrating her more than she should be. But this is all my opinion since I'm not a huge fan of opera.

Now that those five acts have been eliminated, we have five acts remaining and they will be counted down from fifth place all the way to first place. Without further ado, here is the Top 5:



5th Place: Sal Valentinetti: Thankfully he wasn't too high up in the Top 5. Not that I don't like him, but he is not that good when compared to the other four acts in the Top 5. I mean, he has a good voice. But it really isn't anything too exciting. But I do see a career for him and a Vegas show actually seems pretty fitting for him. We'll see what he does in the future.


4th Place: Brian Justin Crum: This one definitely shocked me quite a bit. Since the audition, I had a really good feeling that he would win the competition. I guess not. And if he didn't win, I thought he would've been runner-up or even third place. But win or not, Brian for sure has a great career ahead of him and I will patiently await the day where we get some music from him. He was my favorite act this season and I've enjoyed every performance from him from auditions to finals. He has an incredible voice and always knows how to convey emotion to the audience and that's what made him really stand out above all other singers in my opinion.


3rd Place: Jon Dorenbos: Obviously this guy got a lot of votes if he has his football team behind him voting for him nonstop. He has definitely had some amazing performances this year and I am slightly shocked he made it so high in the rankings. But I do really like him. I think he's a great magician and he truly is an inspiration. Like I said, he is more than a magician and that's probably why America voted for him so much. Overall, I'm glad he made it this far as he is truly amazing at what he does.


2nd Place/Runner-Up: The Clairvoyants: I'm actually pretty shocked that these two made it so far. They haven't always received the best comments from America, with a lot of people trying to figure out how they do their tricks. But honestly, I've enjoyed them the entire season. From audition to finals, they have consistently given us mind-blowing performances that leave me wondering "How?!?!" I've re-watched pretty much all of their performances and they all still to this day just blow my mind. Definitely the best magic act this year. And not only that, but they always give such a creepy, yet amazing performance. I still think all season, they have been the best possible act to have a show in Vegas and that's pretty much why I wanted them to win at this point. I would easily pay to go see them. Even though they didn't win, I'm very glad that they made it this far because they are truly incredible.



1st Place/Winner: Grace VanderWaal: I really shouldn't be too surprised about this, considering that she has the biggest fanbase out of all the acts this season. I am definitely happy for her. Seeing her reaction when Nick Cannon called out her name as the winner of AGT was very sweet. I remember at her audition, Simon Cowell asked her before she performed if she thought she could win. Then she replied something along the lines of, "Miracles can happen. So possibly." Hard to believe that that same little girl is now the winner of Season 11 of America's Got Talent. The only thing about her winning that I don't really like is that she really is not that much of a Vegas show act. She's only 12 and I believe she's way too young to have her own show. I definitely don't think she's bad. But I just think there were better acts that were more deserving of the win. I've said it before plenty of times that I don't really love her voice, but I do love her songwriting. I'm sure within the next couple years, her voice will mature more and she'll be a great singer on top of a great songwriter. In the meantime though while she's definitely not bad, I don't think she was good enough to win. Apparently America disagreed, which is fine. Ultimately, I'm happy for her. This win obviously means a lot to her and it's something she'll always remember for the rest of her life. And hey, if she makes it really big, which is definitely possible, we can easily say that we remember when she performed for the very first time on that audition stage for America's Got Talent. I see great things ahead of her. So congratulations, Grace VanderWaal! Here is her first audition if you missed it. :)



Alright guys! That is it for Season 11 of America's Got Talent. I had a really fun time blogging this and I hope you had a fun time reading these posts. It is a little sad that that's it until next year, but what matters is that we had a fun time this year and we really did find a hell lot of talented people. If you have a talent that you want to show America, there is still time to audition for Season 12. More info about that on americasgottalentauditions.com. But that is it for America's Got Talent! I hope you enjoyed! Now it's time to get back to just the Weekend Countdown as well as all the special posts I'm extremely behind on. My countdown post will hopefully come out tomorrow at the latest and I plan to start catching up on everything as soon as possible. But thanks for reading guys! I love you all and I appreciate all your support for this blog. :)

140 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post! Just a quick typo in Grace's performance in the finale (the second) you said "But I did think he first performance" I hate to be annoying just pointing that out. And that is exactly what I would say about Grace winning what you said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hidden 2015 Alternative Gem:

    First- Cold War Kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was actually half-decent song despite me not liking most alternative songs that don't make it to the mainstream radio.

      Delete
    2. I completely forgot about this song when making top 50 songs from 2015. If I were to redo it, it'd be in the top 20.

      Delete
  5. So I know that one of the players from the Philadelphia Eagles was on this show, I even know because the other day I attended an event in the Lincoln Financial Field with him and two other players. It was interesting. I mean, I don't care for the show but it was a nice discovery.

    Also, when you do the countdown post, don't forget to color code the one year ago #1. Some (including me) are likely curious as to if you've grown back into Can't Feel My Face or not, because I know you've grown back into Stitches (another #1 from last year), and both of those were in red when they left.

    ReplyDelete
  6. NEW MUSIC ALERT: Johnnyswim - Let it Matter

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.onedirectionmusic.com/gb/tour/archive

    Everyone look at the white bar. The last two words, specifically.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hits 1 Recommendations:
    None. Zero. Zip. #teamnohits1recommendations

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Weird Countdown Recap:
    1. Bayli Baker - Parker
    2. Monique Johnson - Dolly Parton
    3. Flo Rida - Zillionaire
    4. Calvin Harris - My Way
    5. BRKLYN/Mariah McManus - Can't Get Enough
    6. The Weeknd - Acquainted
    7. OMI/Felix Jaehn - Cheerleader
    8. Fifth Harmony - That's My Girl
    9. Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion
    10. gnash/olivia o'brien - i hate u, i love u

    ReplyDelete
  10. WC out and BBH100 came out yesterday if you didn't see.

    ReplyDelete
  11. COAEP update:
    So far, we will have one new entrant, which is a song that is currently on Hitbound.
    And best of all, A BRAND NEW #1 SONG! Yes, you read that correctly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing The Greatest will be the debut and Luv will be #1.

      Delete
    2. Bacon, Greenlight, or the Greatest will be the entrant and Luv will be #1.

      Delete
    3. I said entrant, not re-entrant. So it won't be Bacon.

      Delete
    4. Oh, I didn't know that Bacon was once on COAEP. So then it's probably Greenlight.

      Delete
  12. #1 Recommendation for Adrian: DJ Snake/George Maple - Talk

    ReplyDelete
  13. My guess is that we might make a new idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hot 100 so far:
    1. Closer
    2. Heathens
    3. Cold Water
    4. Cheap Thrills
    5. Don't Let Me Down
    6. Let Me Love You
    7. This is What You Came For
    8. Treat You Better
    9. Ride
    10. Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
    15. Perfect Illusion
    24. The Greatest

    ReplyDelete
  15. Question:

    2 Twenty One Pilots Heathens 9/19/2016 7:22:22 AM
    2 Kiiara Gold 9/19/2016 7:18:54 AM
    2 @MorningMashUp FB.com/MorningMashUp 9/19/2016 7:14:55 AM
    2 Kiiara Gold 9/19/2016 7:14:44 AM
    2 Ariana Grande Dangerous Woman 9/19/2016 7:11:22 AM

    Do you think Gold was played twice in a row?

    ReplyDelete
  16. So I think I commented this on Miles's blog already, but I am making COAEP not just rap songs, but some EDM songs also. This means that there will be 7 more entrants along with that one that's on Hitbound (3 debuts and 4 re-entries). Soooo yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anybody like my new LIU Post profile pic?

    ReplyDelete
  18. https://chase400.blogspot.com/2016/09/the-chainsmokers-2-week-of-september-17.html?showComment=1474321574612#c7654033155321093257

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm SOOOOO confused.
    You'll Be confused too.
    Guess What just aired as most wutchuwanted.































    Cheerleader.
    - A Hits 1 Fan





    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 Twenty One Pilots Heathens 9/20/2016 7:09:14 AM
      2 Wutchuwant Crew siriusxm.com/hits1 9/20/2016 7:07:31 AM
      2 Wutchuwant Crew siriusxm.com/hits1 9/20/2016 7:07:30 AM
      2 Wutchuwant Crew siriusxm.com/hits1 9/20/2016 7:07:29 AM
      2 Chainsmokers/Daya Don't Let Me Down

      Why does it say wutchuwant crew THREE TIMES?

      Delete
    2. Sometimes that happens where it gets recorded more than once. The time stamps are all pretty close together, so we know it only happened once.

      Delete
  20. I've got some good news for you.

    New to Hits 1: Shawn Mendes - Mercy. They aired it for the first time today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...because he was on Hits 1's show this morning. I remember that this happened with Body Say, and that did debut Hit-Bound that week, so I'm guessing that this will be one of out Hit-Bound entrants.

      Delete
    2. YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    3. Mercy is okay. It's not as good as Treat You Better, but better than Ruin.

      Delete
  21. Also, in Hot 100 news, this is Stressed Out's final week because next week it'll drop out thanks to the 52/25 rule. It's the last song that's been with us since day one of the chart year (the 12/5/15 chart). I still don't like that rule, in all honesty, which is not helped by some videos I just watched that encompass some long runners.

    We're also losing Don't Mind next week, which was a song I'm sure many predicted would have ended a LOT higher than it will. Parker and Miles will probably be sad to see it off, but Adrian will be thinking good riddance.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hot 100 entrants:
    98. DJ Mustard/Jeremih/Nicki Minaj - Don't Hurt Me

    Omg Parker I'm just kidding.

    98. 21 Savage/Metro Boomin/Future - X (DEBUT)
    96. Rae Sremmurd/Gucci Mane - Black Beatles (DEBUT)
    89. Brett Young - Sleep Without You (DEBUT)
    75. Post Malone/Justin Bieber - Deja Vu (DEBUT)
    73. Keith Urban - Blue Ain't Your Color (DEBUT)
    69. Jason Aldean - A Little More Summertime (RE-ENTRY)
    15. Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion (DEBUT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Biggest Drop: Britney Spears/G-Eazy - Make Me (-43)
      Biggest Jump: Kanye West - Fade (+51)

      Delete
    2. Exits:

      Beyonce - Sorry (#65)
      Dan and Shay - From the Ground Up (#75)
      Selena Gomez - Kill Em With Kindness (#89)
      Travis Scott/Kendrick Lamar - Goosebumps (#92)
      Rihanna - Sex With Me (#97)
      French Montana/Kodak Black - Lockjaw (#99)
      Kanye West - Famous (#100)

      Delete
    3. GODDAMN IT YOU PEOPLE!!! WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU GET RID OF LOCKJAW?!?!?!

      Delete
    4. GODDAMN IT YOU PEOPLE!!! WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU GET RID OF FAMOUS AND SORRY?!?!?!

      Delete
    5. Aside from that I'm happy about X and Black Beatles debuted.

      Delete
    6. Famous because the controversy is surely dying out, and Sorry because it's past 20 weeks.

      And ouch, Make Me dropped pretty darn hard yet AGAIN, just as hard as it jumped after the VMAs and album release. Not complaining though, but it's still kinda crazy.

      Delete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Fifth Harmony - That's My Girl. I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Three Hit-Bound songs have gotten at least 5 spins:

    Death of a Bachelor (Yay!)
    The Little Things (YAS!)
    Let Me Love You (Nice!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heard Death of a Bachelor while I was out, and Let Me Love You while I was nearing home then. I'll take those. The Little Things, on the other hand... x_x

      Delete
    2. My favorite song on a Hitbound is My Way with Let Me Love You coming in second

      Delete
  26. We need to have 5 top 10 entrants next week. There's too many songs in the top 10 that are bad thus too many in the teens that are good.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I would still love to see 5 top 10 entrants.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ooh, Scott, Montavis, and I have new Blogger logos! I think that's because we don't have Google+ accounts.

    Also, I heard Greenlight and Stitches back-to-back in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey Parker I played that game you
    Uploaded on YouTube earlier. I beated you with 8

    ReplyDelete
  30. So, bad news for Unsteady haters: next week, it looks like it'll be a lock for the Year-End Hot 100.

    Meanwhile, Hymn For The Weekend looks all but set for the final list, unless it peaks next week and has a disastrous collapse. Happy news :) Although I don't know which version is THE official one, but I would think the original since that one plays the 30 second sample if you click the Play button on the chart.

    All In My Head (Flex) is still fighting for it, but it's REALLY going to be cutting it close if it keeps dropping as much as it is.

    Likewise, Sucker For Pain will probably be a lock as of next week. Sorry (except to Parker).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good that Unsteady will make it, but probably just barely.

      It needs to make it.

      I'm over it, to the point where I now hate it.

      Eww!

      Delete
  31. Sorry for the delay on the Hot 45 Chart. I am working on a surprise for this week. So, if everything works on schedule, I'm planning for a release tomorrow morning. Sorry for the inconvenience.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This was said by someone in the Pulse Music Board Year-End predictions thread:

    "I've noticed that radio stations have been playing a lot of Bruno Mars lately. I heard Grenade, Locked Out Of Heaven, and Uptown Funk five times each yesterday. And 3 days ago, I heard Treasure and Just The Way You Are. Then a week ago, I heard Billionaire and When I Was Your Man.

    I think this is a sign of new music. I haven't heard any of these songs in years! I only heard Uptown Funk once this year (aside from yesterday), and that was after the Superbowl. Why would radio stations just now start playing a bunch of Bruno Mars?"

    To say the least, I do hope it's a sign of new music, because it looks like something's gonna have to do a See You Again, lest Closer pass Uptown Funk or even One Sweet Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw somewhere, like yesterday, that he was going to get a new album soon.

      Delete
    2. By looking at my search history, I know where I found it. It was 9:11pm EST last night. I was looking for new music for Friday (I found nothing) and one of the results was this:

      http://www.capitalfm.com/new-music/

      Scroll down until you see "Upcoming New Album Releases" and you'll see "Bruno Mars - TBA" and more like OneRepublic and Shawn Mendes' upcoming albums.

      Delete
  33. Adrian, where are the Weekend Countdown and Hit 45 Chart posts?

    ReplyDelete
  34. http://mytop50songsoftheweek.blogspot.com/2016/09/top-50-songs-of-92416.html

    My Top 50 chart is out!

    ReplyDelete
  35. He did it! Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He cut his hair!!!! Dark times are ahead. Dark times indeed! -drops-

      Delete
    2. For those of you wondering who this person is, oh my God, it's the Weeknd. (LOL!!!)

      Delete
    3. Wop dee fucking doo, who actually gives a shit about 1 haircut! You don't see me reacting about the Brad and Angelina's breakup do you?

      Delete
    4. But on the positive side, it's on his new album! Woo-hoo!!!

      Delete
    5. How is that positive, only you could actually care about something as stupid as a haircut.

      Delete
    6. He cut his hair?! Why the hell would he do that if he gets so much love for it?!

      Delete
  36. The top 3 happiest songs:

    1. Don't Stop Me Now- Queen
    2. Dancing Queen- ABBA
    3. Good Vibrations- The Beach Boys

    (Saw this just now on NBC Nightly News)

    ReplyDelete
  37. http://mymusicreviewingblog.blogspot.com/2016/09/billboard-hot-100-10116-closer.html

    My BBH100 post is now out.

    ReplyDelete
  38. My mom just called Gold one of the best songs in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  39. New To Hits 1: The Weeknd - Starboy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also new to Hits 1: Fifth Harmony - That's My Girl

      Delete
    2. Starboy is on Hits 1. That's My Girl is not.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. Starboy is on Hits 1. That's My Girl is not.

      Delete
  40. Anyway, the week of 08/30/15 had 5 top 10 entrants, no kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Weekend Countdown Predictions
    Exit:
    Hands to Myself

    Entrant:
    Let Me Love You

    #1 Song: Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills

    HitBound Entrants:
    NONE (Possibly Starboy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Predictions:
      Exits: Kill Em' With Kindness
      Toothbrush
      Hands To Myself

      Entrants:
      Let Me Love You
      The Little Things
      Death Of A Bachelor

      #1: Cheap Thrills

      Hit-Bound Entrants:
      The Weeknd - Starboy
      Shawn Mendes - Mercy
      Fifth Harmony - That's My Girl ( Did not air but is getting popular)

      - A Hits 1 Fan

      Delete
    2. I'm sure there will be much rejoicing when Hands To Myself leaves.

      Delete
    3. The New Hits 1 Songs for the future. I guess none for now.

      Delete
  42. Remember the last time Adrian almost missed a post (the Memorial Day weekend edition with bonus songs), I believe he said he had been sick at that time. So maybe the same's happened here. Just a guess.

    ReplyDelete