Saturday, August 20, 2016

Justin Timberlake (9) – Week Of August 20, 2016

So I've officially completed my first week of school this year. It was the first week and I already had to stay up past midnight on Thursday night with homework. If I already had to do that on the first week of school, this year is not going to be easy. But I did have a ton of work, which is why nothing was posted at all this week. So I'm sorry about that. But hey, at least the countdown post is out on time. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.


  • James Bay – Let It Go (#33)
  • Ruth B. – Lost Boy (#43)
  • Grace – You Don't Own Me (#45)

Last Week's #1 Song: Justin Timberlake – Can't Stop The Feeling
The Countdown
45. Kent Jones – Don't Mind (#38)
44. Selena Gomez – Kill Em With Kindness (#42)
43. Nick Jonas/Tove Lo – Close (#44)
42. Symon – Say (#24)
41. OneRepublic – Wherever I Go (#41)
40. Fifth Harmony – Work From Home (#40)
39. Panic! At The Disco – Victorious (#39) [1 Week At #1]
38. Taylor Swift – New Romantics (#31)
37. Lukas Graham – 7 Years (#37)
36. Mike Posner/SeeB – I Took A Pill In Ibiza (#34) [2 Weeks At #1]
35. Kenny Chesney/P!nk – Setting The World On Fire (DEBUT)
34. Selena Gomez – Hands To Myself (#32)
33. Timeflies – Once In A While (#11)
32. DNCE – Cake By The Ocean (#35) [4 Weeks At #1]
31. Meghan Trainor – No (#36)
30. The Summer Set – Figure Me Out (#14)
29. Ariana Grande – Dangerous Woman (#15)
28. Drake/WizKid/Kyla – One Dance (#17)
27. Twenty One Pilots – Stressed Out (#16) [5 Weeks At #1]
26. Jordan Fisher – All About Us (#28)
25. P!nk – Just Like Fire (#9)
24. The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer (DEBUT)
23. Jacob Whitesides – Lovesick (#21)
22. All Time Low – Missing You (#25)
21. Lukas Graham – Mama Said (#23)
20. Twenty One Pilots – Heathens (#27)
19. AJR – I'm Not Famous (#29)
18. Fifth Harmony – All In My Head (Flex) (#30)
17. Coldplay/Beyoncé – Hymn For The Weekend (DEBUT)
16. Demi Lovato – Body Say (#19)
15. The 1975 – The Sound (#18)
14. Daya – Sit Still, Look Pretty (#4)
13. DNCE – Toothbrush (#22)
12. Ariana Grande – Into You (#26)
11. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Girls Talk Boys (#20)
10. Meghan Trainor – Me Too (#13)
  9. X Ambassadors – Unsteady (#12)
  8. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez – We Don't Talk Anymore (#10)
  7. Calvin Harris/Rihanna – This Is What You Came For (#8)
  6. Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better (#5)
  5. The Chainsmokers/Daya – Don't Let Me Down (#2)
  4. Twenty One Pilots – Ride (#3)
  3. Sia/Sean Paul – Cheap Thrills (#6)
  2. Adele – Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#7)
  1. Justin Timberlake – Can't Stop The Feeling! (#1) [9th Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Walk The Moon – Shut Up and Dance

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Timeflies – Once In A While (–22)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Ariana Grande – Into You (+14)

New Entrants
~ Hits 1 only picks up country songs on rare occasions and some of them do make it big. Florida Georgia Line – Cruise is a great example as it peaked at #4 on here in 2013. Breaking out of the sea of country songs this around, we have Kenny Chesney debuting featuring P!nk this week with Setting The World On Fire. Now I do like this song, but I feel like it doesn't have enough to make it really stand out. It does sound almost like a good chunk of the country songs out there right now. Maybe it's just me since country isn't necessarily my favorite genre. But I do think adding P!nk made the song stand out slightly more than other country songs. Overall, I do like this song now. I don't know if it's necessarily something worthy of being on my Apple Music playlist. But if it comes on Hits 1, I won't change the station.

~ The Chainsmokers should just straight up already receive the award for electronic/dance artist/group of the year. They've really been dominating this year in the EDM category. This week, they're here with Closer featuring Halsey, who actually had her song, New Americana, on this countdown earlier this year. One of the reasons I liked New Americana and Halsey in general is that I think she has a good voice and I do think that shows on Closer. We even get vocals on this new track from one of The Chainsmokers themselves, who actually sounds pretty good. I think their voices sound really good together. It took me a couple of listens to grow into the drop and even now I'm still not a huge fan of it. Not that I necessarily dislike it, but it's just different. However, I love everything else about this song.

~ I think Hits 1 still plays the SeeB remix of Coldplay – Hymn For The Weekend. I don't know why, but I honestly don't care because I'm going to review the original album version. I'll try not to make this super long since I'm sure you all know how much I'm in love with this song. It opens up with these beautiful sounds of nature followed by very well-done piano work. Chris Martin and Beyoncé harmonize very nicely all throughout this song. I absolutely love that chorus. Beyoncé's mini-solo after the second chorus is really good followed by possibly my favorite part in the song. Finally, it ends so magically as Beyoncé sings the last couple of lines. This song is just beautiful, magical, incredible, and really any positive adjective you can find. Coldplay, being my all-time favorite band and all, have never disappointed me. I've been jamming out to this song since like February of this year and it's still absolutely amazing. It is a definite for my Top 45 Songs of 2016 and noticing its debut position at #17, I can tell it's going to get some love. :)


Hit-Bound
~ Here is the Hit-Bound list for this week:


  • Flume/Kai – Never Be Like You
  • OneRepublic – Kids
  • Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd – Starving
  • MKTO – Superstitious
  • Ben Rector – Brand New
  • Steve Aoki & Boehm/Walk The Moon – Back 2 U
  • Troye Sivan/Alessia Cara – Wild
  • Big Gigantic/Angela McCluskey – The Little Things
  • Magic! – Red Dress
  • Katy Perry – Rise
  • Snakehips/Zayn – Cruel
  • The Strumbellas – Spirits
  • Andy Grammer – Fresh Eyes
  • Kungs & Cookin' On 3 Burners/Kylie Auldist – This Girl

~ We have 3 Hit-Bound entrants this time around. This Girl really isn't anything special. It's certainly good and it's actually pretty catchy. But it's not something that I'll really be dying to hear.

~ OneRepublic are here again with the new single, Kids. Whether or not this is better than Wherever I Go, I don't know. But what I do know is that either way, this song is really catchy. I love the chorus and I love Ryan Tedder's voice as usual.

~ Finally we have Snakehips featuring Zayn Malik with Cruel. Snakehips is that duo that released that really catchy song All My Friends, which featured Tinashe and Chance The Rapper. I loved that one for a little while. I can't say I'm loving this new single. The production sounds really messy on this song and Zayn's voice only sounds good in certain parts of the song. It's possible that it'll change to red soon. Putting in blue was me being very nice. But overall, I'm not feeling this song. It's a decent step-down from All My Friends.

~ Katy Perry – Rise is spending quite a long time here on Hit-Bound for a Katy Perry comeback song. Oh well. I won't be heartbroken if it does poorly.

~ Speaking of comeback singles, while Hit-Bound may be holding on to Rise a little bit, Hits 1 still has yet to pick up the new Britney Spears single. Kinda hard to say this countdown has the 45 Biggest Songs in North America when you're missing songs like these.

Top 5 Hit-Bound Songs
1. Steve Aoki & Boehm/Walk The Moon – Back 2 U
2. OneRepublic – Kids
3. MKTO – Superstitious
4. Troye Sivan/Alessia Cara – Wild
5. Big Gigantic/Angela McCluskey – The Little Things


YouTube15
~ Here is the list for this week's edition of the YouTube15:

  • Meghan Trainor – Me Too
  • Jonas Blue/JP Cooper – Perfect Strangers
  • Jacob Sartorius – Hit Or Miss
  • Desiigner – Panda
  • Tove Lo – Cool Girl
  • Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better
  • Tinashe – Superlove
  • Twenty One Pilots – Ride
  • Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha – In The Name Of Love
  • Fifth Harmony – Work From Home
  • Florida Georgia Line – H.O.L.Y.
  • Calvin Harris/Rihanna – This Is What You Came For
  • Sabrina Carpenter – On Purpose
  • Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ – Cold Water
  • Clean Bandit/Louisa Johnson – Tears

~ Not very much has changed since I last did a review two weeks ago. Sure, some songs left and got replaced by some better ones. But the shitty Panda and Hit Or Miss are both still here for whatever unknown reason and Cold Water is still the best song on here.

Top 5 YouTube15 Picks
1. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ – Cold Water
2. Florida Georgia Line – H.O.L.Y.
3. Sabrina Carpenter – On Purpose
4. Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha – In The Name Of Love
5. Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better


Blurb For The Weekend
~ Adele – Send My Love (To Your New Lover) is most certainly not Top 3 material. It's actually pretty annoying how overrated this song is when it's not even that amazing. If I'm being honest here, I'm tired of hearing her voice and these boring songs. It's almost as irritating as Someone Like You, which I very much disliked.

~ It is indeed very pleasing to see Kent Jones – Don't Mind fall to very bottom of the countdown. Maybe soon, we can see this song take a long-awaited exit.

~ Sia/Sean Paul – Cheap Thrills is starting to get on my nerves a little bit. It's on every freakin' time I'm in the car and it's getting a little aggravating. At this rate, this song is not going to last very much longer with me. And its jump to #3 this week did not help at all.

~ X Ambassadors – Unsteady has now strangely entered the Top 10. This would have been nice about a month ago when I actually still liked this song. I don't know who could possibly still be voting for it at this point. I heard Renegades on Hits 1 earlier this week and it made me flash back to all the good times I had with that song. Unfortunately this song is not up to those standards.

~ Timeflies – Once In A While unfortunately took quite a bit of a drop this week. Meanwhile, Calvin Harris/Rihanna – This Is What You Came For, which debuted on the same week as Once In A While, is still in the Top 10. Just once, I'd like to see it happen the other way around where the less popular song (and frankly, the better song) lasts longer.

~ Soooo.......I kind of grew into 5 Seconds Of Summer – Girls Talk Boys slightly. I still think the song is somewhat underwhelming, but I've grown into it enough to put it in green. I don't see it lasting very long in that color though.

~ So I have a solid opinion now on AJR – I'm Not Famous. It sucks. The chorus is so freakin' annoying. In the song, they're asking where their haters are and how they don't have any, which is completely false. You got a hater right here.

~ P!nk – Just Like Fire took quite a drop out of the Top 10 this week. Oh well. There go my dreams of it hitting #1. It was good while it lasted. But I still really like that song.

~ The Summer Set – Figure Me Out and Symon – Say both took a big drop as well. While the former is just straight up mediocre, the latter is still extremely annoying and must definitely leave like next week.

~ It's kind of aggravating to see Drake/WizKid/Kyla – One Dance do this poorly when this is practically the biggest song of the summer. I don't get it, Hits 1. I just don't.

~ I'd like to wish a very Happy Birthday to our #16 artist, Demi Lovato. She is now 24 years old! Happy Birthday, Demi! :)

~ The only exit this week that really deserves recognition is James Bay – Let It Go. I thought this song was kind of mediocre when it first debuted. But with time and more listens, I've come to realize that it's actually a really good song. James Bay does have a unique and distinguishable voice. I somehow just started to really like the song. I don't even know how. It sucks that it left so soon. But it was destined to eventually. Let It Go, you will very much be missed. We'll see if this song is worthy of being a part of the Top 45 Songs of 2016. There is a really good chance that this song will be seen one last time in that list.

~ The Hit 45 Chart for this week is still being worked on. I would've worked more on it last night. But after a long first week of school, I was just extremely tired and needed sleep. I will inform you in the comment section when the chart is completed and published.

Top 20 Review:
0 – Crap:
20. AJR – I'm Not Famous

1 – Bad:
19. Twenty One Pilots – Ride

2 – Mediocre:
18. X Ambassadors – Unsteady
17. Sia/Sean Paul – Cheap Thrills
16. The 1975 – The Sound

3 – Decent:
15. Daya – Sit Still, Look Pretty
14. Adele – Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
13. Calvin Harris/Rihanna – This Is What You Came For

4 – Good:
12. DNCE – Toothbrush
11. 5 Seconds of Summer – Girls Talk Boys
10. Justin Timberlake – Can't Stop The Feeling
9. Meghan Trainor – Me Too
8. Fifth Harmony – All In My Head (Flex)

5 – Great:
7. Ariana Grande – Into You
6. The Chainsmokers/Daya – Don't Let Me Down
5. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez – We Don't Talk Anymore
4. Demi Lovato – Body Say
3. Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better
2. Twenty One Pilots – Heathens
1. Coldplay – Hymn For The Weekend

Overall Score: 71/100


Throwback Pick Of The Week: P!nk – F**kin' Perfect

Most Missed Countdown Song: Alicia Keys – Girl On Fire

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: DJ Snake/Justin Bieber – Let Me Love You

Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: One Direction – Drag Me Down


My Top 5 Picks
1. Coldplay – Hymn For The Weekend
2. Mike Posner – I Took A Pill In Ibiza
3. Twenty One Pilots – Heathens
4. OneRepublic – Wherever I Go
5. Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better

My Bottom 5 Picks
1. Kent Jones – Don't Mind
2. Lukas Graham – Mama Said
3. AJR – I'm Not Famous
4. Selena Gomez – Kill Em With Kindness
5. Symon – Say

479 comments:

  1. Can you update the NSOT page?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Viz has been updated!

    https://public.tableau.com/views/Hits1Countdown/Countdown

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I'm Not Famous debuting in blue and being crap 2 weeks later is similar to what happened with Sugar and Uma Thurman.

    And try to guess my favorite song on Hitbound. (Hint it's debuted there in the last 3 weeks)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Cheap Thrills is already in pink when it was green last week, and yet Can't Stop the Feeling is STILL in green despite being here a month longer. Even though I probably just jinxed it saying that, but for comparison Shut Up and Dance was red by like its fourth week at #1 or so.

    As for the fact that One Dance is flopping... Well, Hotline Bling flopped and left after three weeks, if that says anything :P

    And you don't like Someone Like You? That's a shame, that's in my Top 5 favorite #1s of the decade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone Like You is the one single from 21 that I dislike. But I did love Rolling In The Deep, Set Fire To The Rain, and Rumor Has It.

      I understand that Someone Like You has a very nice meaning and all. I probably would've liked it had it been done by another singer just because I do not love Adele's voice in that song, mainly in the chorus. And unfortunately it sounds as though 25 consists mostly of songs like Someone Like You as opposed to the other three singles from 21. But this is all just my opinion.

      Delete
    2. What about Water Under The Bridge and Million Years Ago? What do you think of those?

      Delete
    3. I hope Water Under The Bridge, Million Years Ago, or I Miss You become singles.

      Delete
    4. I don't care too much for Million Years Ago, and Water Under The Bridge is amazing.

      Delete
    5. I actually do like Water Under The Bridge and I kind of like River Lea. Although it got overplayed, Hello is still a really good song. The rest of the album I don't really care for.

      Delete
  5. Am I seriously the only one who doesn't like the SeeB remix? And by the time the end of the year rolls around, I'm counting the original one that is currently charting on Billboard as we speak.

    Rise should not be flopping. Its a Katy Perry comeback single goddamn it!

    What do you expect with Adele? She's not your average pop star, she's a freaking R&B singer, and everyone loves R&B ballads! Have you seen the charts of the 90s? I'll give you a hint of who dominated that decade, Her initials are MC.

    Hits 1 just does not like rap. That's One Dance flopped here, yet was more popular elsewhere. I'm telling ya, a satellite radio station allegedly called "the 45 biggest hits in North America" they severely lack good and big hits. Look at the top 50 biggest hits in the U.S. and Canadian charts. Those are better representations of popular songs based on sales on iTunes, streaming of Spotify, radio airplay on local radio stations monitored around the country, and YouTube views.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The original is better than the remix for me.

      Delete
    2. And Miles: You mean Mark Cuban, right? ;)

      Delete
    3. One Dance could possibly make a comeback too.

      Delete
    4. No Parker, you idiot! I'm talking about a living pop legend known as the real MC. Not Mark Cuban, because he's not even a fucking singer!

      Delete
    5. I was joking, okay? Do you think I don't know who Mariah Carey is?

      Delete
    6. Yes! I really thought you didn't know.

      Delete
    7. I'm happy that I'm not the only one that gets jokes sometimes.

      Delete
    8. I kind of knew he was joking.

      Delete
  6. Leah, what's your favorite and least favorite song on the countdown?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Say something that actually has to do with the question Leah. Not some random gibberish bullshit.

      Delete
    2. Miles, please stop swearing those words.

      Delete
    3. It's I don't know in Japanese. I'm learning.

      Delete
  7. Just a quick update for my blog. I am currently working on my 1,000 pageview special, and I am currently a little more than 1/5 of the way done. I hope to have it up by next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also, just for fun, here are all the songs on the countdown I can recall from this decade that have spent at least six weeks at #1:

    12 weeks:
    Shake It Off by Taylor Swift (2014)
    Shut Up and Dance by Walk The Moon (2015)
    Hello by Adele (2015/2016)

    9 weeks:
    Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen (2012)
    Timber by Pitbull featuring Ke$ha (2013/2014)
    Can’t Stop the Feeling! by Justin Timberlake (2016) (so far)

    8 weeks:
    Radioactive by Imagine Dragons (2013)
    Counting Stars by OneRepublic (2013/2014)

    7 weeks:
    Stereo Hearts by Gym Class Heroes featuring Adam Levine (2011/2012)
    Roar by Katy Perry (2013)

    6 weeks:
    Good Time by Owl City featuring Carly Rae Jepsen (2012)
    Some Nights by fun. (2012)
    Blank Space by Taylor Swift (2014/2015)

    May or may not be missing one or two, but these are what I found from digging through this one and CountdownRecap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apologize spent 11 weeks at #1 in like 2007.

      Delete
    2. I know, but I was just saying.

      Delete
    3. Oh yeah, and I think Last Friday Night by Katy Perry was #1 for like six or seven weeks in 2011.

      Delete
  9. Wait…

    I just realized…











    SUPERLOVE IN GREEN!?!?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This Girl on Hit-Bound?














    OMFG YAAAASSSSSSSSS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still don't see what's so amazing about it lol.

      Delete
    2. To me, it's quite reminiscent of Robin Schulz's three releases (Waves, Prayer In C, and Sugar).

      Delete
    3. #teamsortathisgirl
      #teamnocheapthrills

      Delete
    4. #teamscrewyouparkerandchasecausecheapthrillsisstillawesome
      #worldslongesthashtag

      Delete
    5. #teamcheapthrillsisgettingold

      Delete
    6. And on that note, some will probably be sad upon the next Billboard Hot 100 round:
      - Sorry is at #50. If it dips any more, it's done. People are saying the #1 of the year will be either that, One Dance or Love Yourself...
      - Which is also at #45 and could very well be out the door along with it. Either way, I'm sure Adrian will be very happy with whatever song ends up being #1 on the year-end chart this year (Sorry, Love Yourself or One Dance, unless he grows out of the very latter).
      - Cheap Thrills is more than likely going to lose #1 this week to either Cold Water or Closer. Some are banking on the latter, considering its massive streaming and already gaining on radio.

      Delete
    7. I think Cold Water will be #1.

      Delete
    8. I think the #1 song of 2016 will be One Dance, Work, Love Yourself, or Sorry.

      Delete
    9. Hot 100 Prediction:
      #1 this week: Cold Water
      #1 this year: One Dance

      Delete
    10. Both of the two massive hits from Purpose would have to leave like this week for One Dance to be #1. The latter may have scored twice as many weeks at #1 as Sorry and Love Yourself combined, but they were there first. You'd wonder why they would have all those teasers for the One Dance video if they don't even release it...

      But I do think this week's #1 could be either Cold Water or Closer. The latter is still #1 on both iTunes and Spotify.

      Also, if One Dance does make the #1, it will have spent the lowest amount of weeks at #1 for a year-end #1 since Tik Tok in 2010, with 32 weeks. In fact, for comparison:
      Tik Tok (2010) - 32 weeks - This year it was basically a given.
      Rolling In The Deep (2011) - 45 weeks - Although Party Rock Anthem spent longer in the Top 10 and was bigger this decade, this was more consistently stronger throughout this year. Also, if you did through Billboard's chart history, you'll find that there was a week in 2012 where it re-entered the Top 10 for a week after the Grammys that year.
      Somebody That I Used To Know (2012) - 45 weeks - This and Call Me Maybe were close.
      Thrift Shop (2013) - 43 weeks - It was close between this and Blurred Lines, which had 12 straight weeks at #1 as opposed to this one's nonconsecutive six, but this came first and had its rounds in all categories, while Blurred Lines never hit #1 on streaming.
      Happy (2014) - 46 weeks. There were some that thought Dark Horse (48 weeks) had a small chance at dethroning it, but not a big one at all, given Happy made 10 weeks at #1, while Dark Horse had four.
      Uptown Funk (2015) - Spent the entire year in the Top 40, and with the 52/25 recurrent rule it will more than likely be the last one to make 52 weeks.
      Sorry / Love Yourself - 39 weeks so far for both
      One Dance - 19 weeks so far

      Delete
    11. What is the 52/25 recurrent rule?

      Delete
    12. In fact, both Someone Like You AND Rolling In The Deep returned to the Top 10 that same week, giving Adele three songs in the Top 10 at once. They both dropped out rather hard afterward, but it was still pretty cool. To save you the trouble of looking for it, here: http://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100/2012-03-03

      Delete
    13. I mentioned it on my recent Top 30 selling songs of the decade page, but the 52/25 recurrent rule was introduced at the very beginning of the 2016 chart year where any song that has been on the chart for a full year and falls below #25 leaves the chart and goes to the recurrent list. Right off the bat that booted both SUaD and TOL off after they both spent the entire chart year there (okay SUaD missed the first week but you get my point). And even so, Uptown Funk managed to make two more weeks before it finally said goodbye. I said it on that same page, but if it weren't for that, it probably would've easily taken #1 of the decade from Party Rock Anthem.

      Delete
  11. Oh no, I do not hook up, up, I go slow. So if you want me, I don't come cheap. Keep your hand on my hand, your heart on your sleeve. Oh no, I do not hook up, up, I fall deep. 'Cause the more that you try, the harder I'll fight to say goodnight.

    ReplyDelete
  12. #1 Recommendation for Adrian: Florida Georgia Line - H.O.L.Y.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Again, Leah, what's your favorite and least favorite song on the countdown?

    ReplyDelete
  14. THE 31 QUESTIONS OF AUGUST

    Question #21:

    What's your favorite college?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanderbilt for me because my dad went there and he wroks there. I love Alabama too because I have a ton of family from there

      Delete
    2. UCLA but it is so hard to get accepted to it.

      Delete
    3. I went to Cabrini University. I know a handful of people who went to West Chester.

      Delete
  15. https://twitter.com/SiriusXMHits1/status/767253143038070784

    #OverreactingSatelliteRadioStation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder who runs their Twitter because they are probably the biggest 5SOS fan I've ever seen. #CashtonIsReal

      Delete
  16. I posted the countdown a couple of hours ago. <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks like Lockjaw will make a huge jump on COAEP next week (Sorry Graham)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sorry guys, but there will be no weekend countdown post. I am staying at a hotel in Africa with no internet. I am currently at a lodge with a little bit of Internet though. I was able to get my Pop 20 Chart out before moving hotels. Today, I ziplined from Zambia to Zimbabwe over Victoria Falls which was really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So, uh, very disappointing news:

    The other day, I discovered in an article of songs with meanings some people get wrong that Tiimmy Turner by Desiigner is, in fact, NOT a shout-out to the classic Fairly Oddparents main character, despite lines such as "He be wishing for a burner". He said "Tiimmy Turner is me" in an interview with All Def Digital.

    Wow, Desiigner. That had so much potential to be something sick.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jacob sartorius needs to drink bleach now in a couple years he will be the next bieber and I will not be happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

      Delete
  21. #1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Lil Uzi Vert - You Was Right

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please no, that one is ugly.

      Delete
    2. Okay then.

      #1 Recommendation For Hits 1: French Montana/Kodak Black - Lockjaw

      Delete
    3. Graham would probably cringe seeing that recommendation.

      Delete
    4. Alright.

      #1 Recommendation For Hits 1: DJ Khaled/Future/Rick Ross/YG/Yo Gotti - F**k Up The Club

      Delete
    5. No please stop! No more brag rap trap crap!

      Delete
    6. Okay, okay.

      #1 Refommendation For You: DJ Esco/Future/Lil Uzi Vert - Too Much Sauce

      Delete
    7. Honestly, yeah I have to agree with Miles, it feels like you're pulling random trap rap songs out of a hat.

      Delete
    8. And their all the same! All of them have some minimalist rap trap beat, while the lyrics having something to do with shoes, money, hoes, sex or drugs. Its borderline racist!

      Delete
    9. That's enough with the recommendations, Parker.

      Delete
    10. But that's the kind of music I listen to. Why would I make other kinds of music as a recommendation if I don't listen to that?

      Delete
    11. Um, pop, rock, EDM, R&B, something that isn't the same minimalist trap beat with brag rap lyrics about shoes, hoes, money, sex, drugs, etc.

      Delete
    12. Parker, earlier this morning you said it was refommendation before, it's not refommendation, it's recommendation.

      Delete
  22. When is the Hit 45 Chart coming out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working on it. As I said, I will inform you when it is posted here in the comments.

      Delete
  23. THE 31 QUESTIONS OF AUGUST

    Question #22:

    Under Armour or Nike?

    ReplyDelete
  24. I call them Dreamy, Cleany, and Weenie! 😏

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hot 100 so far:
    1. Closer
    2. Cheap Thrills
    3. Cold Water
    4. Heathens
    5. This is What You Came For
    6. Ride
    7. One Dance
    8. Don't Let Me Down
    9. Can't Stop the Feeling
    10. Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
    12. Treat You Better
    14. Too Good
    20. Never Be Like You
    36. Sit Still, Look Pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out of all the Chainsmokers discography, why Closer? It be better if it was Roses or even Don't Let Me Down, but Closer? Again, I never understand the taste in the American public these days.

      Delete
    2. Eh. I would've rather had Cold Water, but at least it's not Cheap Thrills.

      Delete
    3. Yep. I knew that comment was coming. Word for word.

      Delete
    4. I can't say that this new #1 excites me. I'd much rather have Cold Water at #1, to put it short. I've mentioned why I don't like this one already so yeah. And Sit Still, Look Pretty jumped into the Top 20, joy.

      Others that were mentioned elsewhere:
      13. Into You
      18. We Don't Talk Anymore
      19. Let Me Love You
      21. Broccoli (hahaha)
      23. Gold (okay, seriously, America?)
      27. All In My Head (Flex) (please keep gaining?)
      39. Rise
      42. This Girl (nice!)
      51. Make Me

      Delete
    5. *Top 40 for Sit Still, Look Pretty. I mean it's not as bad as Hide Away but still come on.

      Delete
  26. Adrian, A Head Full Of Dreams was released as a single! And the video's been out for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Am I the only one here who likes Lil Wayne/Various Artists - Sucker For Pain?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! No one on this blog likes Sucker For Pain!

      Delete
    2. I don't think it's outright crap; I do think it had potential to be better though. Not to mention it bothers me how it's credited…

      Delete
    3. ADRIAN SOMEWHAT LIKES A LIL WAYNE SONG?!?!?! UNBELIEVABLE!!! (Sarcasm alert)

      Delete
    4. Sucker For Pain is awesome! It debuted on last weekends Pop 20.

      Delete
  28. I just watched the music video for Don't Hurt Me and...

















































    It's one of the worst music videos I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  30. #teambritneyspears
    #teamtaylorswift
    #teamnosia
    #teamselenagomez
    #teamnojustintimberlake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #teamdylanminnette
      #teamnousher
      #teamnotwentyonepilots
      #teamnonickjonas
      #teamguccimane

      Delete
  31. GUYSS! New update post on my blog be its a big one! I will leave the link below to the post and something else and ya! Enjoy it fam:))

    Link to the post: http://hiits1weekendcountdown.blogspot.com/2016/08/actual-big-update.html?m=1

    Link to my other new blog: http://httptalkswithlance.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hey boys! Catman is getting married!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. After a 2 hour flight followed by a 10 hour flight I am currently at a lounge in the Dubai Airport getting ready for the 16 hour flight home to California.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, that is some darn long time to be up in the air. Safe travels! Hopefully your flight has free Wi-Fi? :P

      Delete
    2. Safe travels, land strider.

      Watch no one will get the reference.

      Delete
  34. On Sunday, I ziplined over Victoria Falls.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I call Parker, Chase and Miles Dreamy, Cleany
    And weenies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shut the fuck up, you don't know anything about Pokémon!

      But seriously, why do you keep spouting random bullshit. Its driving me crazy!

      Delete
    2. Sorry,
      I don't play Pokemon. -cues the roasting thing and walks away with weenies raining everywhere-

      Delete
    3. Shut the fuck up, please Leah! I don't want to hear anymore random stuff!

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. What's chase is trying to say?

      Delete
  36. Bitch where you when I was walkin'?
    Now I run the game got the whole world talkin' (King Kunta)
    Everybody wanna cut the legs off him (King Kunta) Kunta
    Black man taking no losses
    Bitch where you when I was walkin'?
    Now I run the game, got the whole world talkin' (King Kunta)
    Everybody wanna cut the legs off him

    ReplyDelete
  37. Heathens is airing 30 times than Stressed Out is, so Stressed Out is not airing on Hits 1 anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #teamheathens
      #teamnostressedout
      #teamnoride

      Delete
    2. People around the world are shouting for Heathens.

      Delete
    3. Shut the fuck up! Stressed Out is better than Heathens!

      Delete
  38. THE 31 QUESTIONS OF AUGUST

    Question #23:

    Hip hop or rap? And no, they are not the same thing, so if you say they are, your answer won't count.

    ReplyDelete
  39. God fucking dammit. Hit or Miss by Jacob Sartorius made a re-entry on the Hot 100 at #81.

    The good news? Make You Miss Me dropped for the first time since it debuted :D But now that I just jinxed it, watch it leapfrog into the Top 20 next week.

    And on another note, we finally lost Sorry (by Justin Bieber, of course), which, as I mentioned, is in contention with its successor for the #1 song of the year. Or One Dance, if Drake actually starts caring and releases that video.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I have a question. What's so good about Still Falling For You? I just listened to it for the first time and I can't say I'm a huge fan.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Airplay for top 5:
    Don't Let Me Down: 28
    Ride: 30
    Cheap Thrills: 29
    Send My Love (To Your New Lover): 27

    And Can't Stop the Feeling...
    28.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As for the HitBound spins, we unfortunately may not have any exits this week.

      Delete
    2. First I get sent to the office at school, then I get my first demerit of the year, and now this?! God this day sucks.

      Delete
    3. WAMB10: I know right? >:(
      Parker: That sucks.

      Delete
    4. Dang, we gotta get some votes going on up in here!

      Delete
    5. The songs with the most spins are Kids and Rise with just 2 spins. :(

      Delete
    6. Now that Let It Go is gone the only song I really want to leave is Mama Said

      Delete
    7. The last week of August this year may not have any exits. ;( Unlike the last weeks of August in 2011, 2014, and 2015 whereas they had a lot of exits.

      Delete
    8. I have a big day on Friday this week........ TAKE THAT PARKER!

      Delete
    9. Well, if this week this year has no exits, it will even out the other years. And Leah, what does your big day have to do with Parker?

      Delete
    10. Parker: And I still want Work From Home and Me Too to leave soon.

      WAMB10: Oh my God, who the fuck cares about how many exits we get! If your so interested in big exits in 1 week, go review the Billboard Hot 100 damn it!

      Leah: No on gives a fuck!

      Delete
  42. http://mymusicreviewingblog.blogspot.com/2016/08/1000-pageview-special-billboard-hot-100.html

    My 1,000 pageview special is out!

    ReplyDelete