Saturday, August 13, 2016

Justin Timberlake (8) – Week Of August 13, 2016

So I have news for you guys. This blog has officially been active for 3 whole years. That's right. I started back in August of 2013, so this has gone for a strong 3 years. I just want to thank everyone for reading and commenting. You are all amazing. We've gone for 3 whole years and I hope to go many more. So thank you for everything you do. This is also my last countdown post before the start of school for me. Obviously, school is going to effect my blogging schedule, so you guys are just going to have to bear with me. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.


  • One Direction – History (#28)
  • G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha – Me, Myself, & I (#45)

Last Week's #1 Song: Justin Timberlake – Can't Stop The Feeling
The Countdown
45. Grace – You Don't Own Me (#43)
44. Nick Jonas/Tove Lo – Close (#42)
43. Ruth B. – Lost Boy (#40)
42. Selena Gomez – Kill Em With Kindness (#33)
41. OneRepublic – Wherever I Go (#32)
40. Fifth Harmony – Work From Home (#35)
39. Panic! At The Disco – Victorious (#27) [1 Week At #1]
38. Kent Jones – Don't Mind (#24)
37. Lukas Graham – 7 Years (#34)
36. Meghan Trainor – No (#44)
35. DNCE – Cake By The Ocean (#38) [4 Weeks At #1]
34. Mike Posner/SeeB – I Took A Pill In Ibiza (#16) [2 Weeks At #1]
33. James Bay – Let It Go (#36)
32. Selena Gomez – Hands To Myself (#41)
31. Taylor Swift – New Romantics (#39) [2 Weeks At #1]
30. Fifth Harmony – All In My Head (Flex) (DEBUT)
29. AJR – I'm Not Famous (#37)
28. Jordan Fisher – All About Us (#28)
27. Twenty One Pilots – Heathens (DEBUT)
26. Ariana Grande – Into You (#31)
25. All Time Low – Missing You (#23)
24. Symon – Say (#26)
23. Lukas Graham – Mama Said (#22)
22. DNCE – Toothbrush (#17)
21. Jacob Whitesides – Lovesick (#25)
20. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Girls Talk Boys (#21)
19. Demi Lovato – Body Say (#20)
18. The 1975 – The Sound (#19)
17. Drake/WizKid/Kyla – One Dance (#18)
16. Twenty One Pilots – Stressed Out (#17) [5 Weeks At #1]
15. Ariana Grande – Dangerous Woman (#5)
14. The Summer Set – Figure Me Out (#13)
13. Meghan Trainor – Me Too (#14)
12. X Ambassadors – Unsteady (#30)
11. Timeflies – Once In A While (#12)
10. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez – We Don't Talk Anymore (#11)
  9. P!nk – Just Like Fire (#10)
  8. Calvin Harris/Rihanna – This Is What You Came For (#9)
  7. Adele – Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#8)
  6. Sia/Sean Paul – Cheap Thrills (#6)
  5. Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better (#7)
  4. Daya – Sit Still, Look Pretty (#2)
  3. Twenty One Pilots – Ride (#3)
  2. The Chainsmokers/Daya – Don't Let Me Down (#4)
  1. Justin Timberlake – Can't Stop The Feeling! (#1) [8th Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Walk The Moon – Shut Up and Dance

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Mike Posner – I Took A Pill In Ibiza (–18)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: X Ambassadors – Unsteady (+18)

New Entrants
~ At first listen, I wasn't really that into All In My Head by Fifth Harmony. But after repeated listens, I've come to realize that it's actually a pretty catchy song. Hits 1 edited out Fetty Wap (no surprise). But shockingly, I did not hate his part in the song. Now his verses weren't exactly good, but they weren't awful like most of his songs. I feel like the vocal work is much better on this track than it is Work From Home. It doesn't exactly top Worth It in my opinion. But it is a catchy song that I may consider listening to on my own time.

~ The next debut has received very mixed opinions. That is Heathens by Twenty One Pilots. I've heard rumors that this song is possibly about Twenty One Pilots' fanbase. If I'm being really honest, I do genuinely believe that Twenty One Pilots has one of the most obnoxious fanbases I've ever seen. Mainly because of how unaccepting they are towards those who started liking the band after having heard Stressed Out, saying they are not "true fans". They are also extremely unaccepting towards those who just don't like their music. They treat these guys like they're the gods who created music and if anyone says otherwise, they will not hesitate to attack. They also easily get offended if someone calls them "21 Pilots" or something like that. Finally, the devoted fans hate how they're getting popular, which I will never understand. Of course, not everyone in their fanbase is like that. But I did one time see a post on Facebook where someone shared a photo referring to Twenty One Pilots' music as trash pretty much and someone commented something along the lines of, "The creator of this deserves to die." So it is a good chunk of the fanbase that has this much immaturity. But not everyone, so please don't get offended if you're a fan of them. So after interpreting the song myself, I think that this song is overall just Twenty One Pilots accepting new people into their fanbase. As far as the sound goes, I do like this darker vibe and feel that comes with this song and I do think it would sound great on future tracks from this band. I like the chorus. I also really like the way the second verse builds up leading into that awesome-sounding drop or whatever that is. The vocal work isn't the best, but I didn't like the vocals on Ride at all. So this song is still a reasonable step up. Overall, lyrical content is really good, instrumentation is really good, and the vocals are good/okay. There really isn't anything about this song that I dislike. It may just be another Twenty One Pilots song that I get sick of at some point. But I feel like this song is kind of special and really stands out in these guys' discography. But we'll just have to wait and see what happens.


Hit-Bound
~ Here is the Hit-Bound list:


  • The Strumbellas – Spirits
  • Magic! – Red Dress
  • Troye Sivan/Alessia Cara – Wild
  • Andy Grammer – Fresh Eyes
  • Kenny Chesney/P!nk – Setting The World On Fire
  • The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer
  • Katy Perry – Rise
  • MKTO – Superstitious
  • Flume/Kai – Never Be Like You
  • Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd – Starving (DEBUT)
  • Steve Aoki & Boehm/Walk The Moon – Back 2 U
  • Coldplay/Beyoncé – Hymn For The Weekend
  • Ben Rector – Brand New
  • Big Gigantic/Angela McCluskey – The Little Things (DEBUT)

~ Starving and The Little Things are both pretty catchy. Not much else to say about them.

~ I would really like to see Steve Aoki & Boehm/Walk The Moon – Back 2 U debut soon. I'm going to vote for this quite a few times hoping it can have a chance on the countdown. It's just a really good song.

Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. Coldplay – Hymn For The Weekend
2. Steve Aoki & Boehm/Walk The Moon – Back 2 U
3. The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer
4. MKTO – Superstitious
5. Troye Sivan/Alessia Cara – Wild


All My Blurbs Are Heathens
~ Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better is now in the Top 5. I wouldn't mind if this song hit #1. In fact, I would like if it hit #1 just so we can get something other than Justin Timberlake.

~ Mike Posner – I Took A Pill In Ibiza unfortunately took its drop this week. I'm hoping it can stay here with us longer because I still love the song.

~ Although I'm kind of upset about the drop from I Took A Pill In Ibiza, the drop from Kent Jones – Don't Mind was very well-needed and it's nice to see that the voters have finally come to their senses and stopped voting for it.

~ Drake/WizKid/Kyla – One Dance is pretty much Billboard's Song of the Summer. Yet on this countdown, it's not as successful. I mean, at least it's here. But still, Hits 1 is kind of underrating the biggest song of the summer. This is at least Top 10-worthy.

~ Timeflies – Once In A While has definitely been more successful on this countdown than I thought it would be. But I'm not complaining. I do still really like that song.

~ X Ambassadors – Unsteady took quite a big jump this week up to #12. I am getting sick of hearing the original version. Now I prefer the Erich Lee Gravity remix that's featured on the soundtrack for the movie, Me Before You. But I would kind of appreciate if this song dropped soon.

~ Ariana Grande – Dangerous Woman finally took a well-deserved drop out of the Top 10. Now if only it can switch spots with Into You.

~ Well, after its really long stay in the Bottom 10 of the countdown, we say goodbye to G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha – Me, Myself, & I. I loved this song when it first debuted and with its lack of success, I did not think I would ever get sick of it because I thought it would leave right away. I was very wrong. It is definitely one of those survivors that fights its way through to avoid leaving the countdown. You will somewhat be missed.

~ We also say goodbye to One Direction – History and probably One Direction in general (for a while at least). It's kind of sad that we won't be getting any new music from them for a little while. Oh well. I still anticipate the day we get a comeback single from them. But they do deserve the break their having right now. They've put in a lot of hard work.

~ I know you guys are probably very impatiently awaiting the 800K pageview special. It's just about done, so I'm really hoping to get it out this week.

~ The Hit 45 Chart for this week is out! Find out if Mike Posner can hold at #1 for a second week in a row and a fourth time overall with I Took A Pill In Ibiza!
Link: http://hit45chart.blogspot.com/2016/08/hit-45-chart-week-of-august-13-2016.html

Top 20 Review:
0 – Crap:
NONE

1 – Bad:
20. Twenty One Pilots – Ride
19. Twenty One Pilots – Stressed Out
18. Ariana Grande – Dangerous Woman

2 – Mediocre:
17. The Summer Set – Figure Me Out
16. The 1975 – The Sound

3 – Decent:
15. X Ambassadors – Unsteady
14. Calvin Harris/Rihanna – This Is What You Came For
13. Daya – Sit Still, Look Pretty
12. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Girls Talk Boys
11. Adele – Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
10. Meghan Trainor – Me Too

4 – Good:
9. Justin Timberlake – Can't Stop The Feeling
8. Sia/Sean Paul – Cheap Thrills

5 – Great:
7. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez – We Don't Talk Anymore
6. Timeflies – Once In A While
5. The Chainsmokers/Daya – Don't Let Me Down
4. P!nk – Just Like Fire
3. Drake/WizKid/Kyla – One Dance
2. Demi Lovato – Body Say
1. Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better

Overall Score: 68/100


Throwback Pick Of The Week: Tom Petty – Free Fallin' (definitely one of my oldest throwbacks ever)

Most Missed Countdown Song: Labrinth/Emeli Sandé – Beneath Your Beautiful

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: OneRepublic – Kids

Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: David Guetta/Nicki Minaj/Afrojack – Hey Mama


My Top 5 Picks
1. Mike Posner – I Took A Pill In Ibiza
2. OneRepublic – Wherever I Go
3. Twenty One Pilots – Heathens
4. Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better
5. Demi Lovato – Body Say

512 comments:

  1. NEW POSTS ON MY BLOG http://musicreviewsunlimited.blogspot.com/2016/08/album-review-suicide-squad-soundtrack.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suicide Squad Soundtrack REVIEW http://musicreviewsunlimited.blogspot.com/2016/08/album-review-suicide-squad-soundtrack.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Top 20 List http://musicreviewsunlimited.blogspot.com/2016/08/album-review-suicide-squad-soundtrack.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see your answer to my Q&A question I asked

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also Adrian can you add my Chill Out And Eat Pizza blog to your sidebar? Here is the link:
    chilloutandeatpizza.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why are there only 14 songs on Hit-Bound?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. #teamimnotfamous
      #teamnositstilllookpretty
      #teamnobodysay

      Delete
    2. #teamimnotfamous
      #teamkindasitstilllookpretty
      #teambodysay

      Delete
    3. I don't get why people like Body Say. Sure it's catchy, but the sexy lyrics are just too weird for me to love.

      Delete
    4. #TeamImNotFamous
      #TeamNOSitStillLookPretty
      #TeamBodySay

      Delete
  8. Really? Free Fallin'? Have you been taking a page out of my book? By that I mean listing a small number of 90s throwback songs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those songs I don't really know how I know it lol. But I just love it. Seeing some recent covers and uses of the song just reminded me of it and made me want to have it as a throwback pick.

      Delete
    2. Oh. Am I seriously the only one in this music blogging community that has most songs from before 2000 as throwback picks?!

      Delete
  9. So, congrats on three years with this blog! Well done, that's a big task to stick with something. And as I said, I feel like you and I are the only ones that like Heathens.

    Also, if Unsteady is in pink, then how is it listed in Decent while the two songs under Mediocre are in blue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is a greater and greater milestone each year. And I think you, me, and Jack are really the only ones that actually like Heathens.

      Hmmm.....I guess I didn't think about that. Oh well.

      Delete
    2. I like Heathens

      Delete
  10. How is the bullet dot a little bigger but not small?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take a close look. You can see that it's a bit bigger.

      Delete
  11. You forgot to give last year's #1 a color.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice post and congrats on 3 years! I got the countdown out on my blog also check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adrian here's an interesting question for you:

    What are the 5 worst songs of the year in your opinion, outside of Hits 1?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Off the top of my head, it would probably look something like this:

      5. MØ – Kamikaze
      4. Kent Jones – Don't Mind
      3. Beyoncé – Formation
      2. Jacob Sartorious – Sweatshirt
      1. Desiigner – Panda (this song is a legitimate disgrace to music)

      Kamikaze and Don't Mind could possibly switch because I am starting to realize the former may actually be worse. But yeah, Panda is without a doubt the worst song of the year. That song is a perfect example of when I'm ashamed to be living in this generation.

      Delete
    2. My top 5 worst songs of 2016 so far.

      5. One Dance
      4. Low Life
      3. Sweatshirt
      2. Me Too
      1. Work From Home

      Delete
    3. Panda panda panda panda panda...

      Delete
    4. 5. Magic! - Red Dress
      4. Young Thug - Moolah
      3. AJR - I'm Not Famous
      2. Fetty Wap - Jimmy Choo
      1. Jason Derulo - Get Ugly
      And I grew into Heathens.

      Delete
    5. Adrian:

      5. I mostly like the production, even if her vocal performance isn't her best.
      4. The production is cheesy, and the lyrics are basically reminiscent of Talk Dirty, but the chorus is just so catchy to me.
      3. I don't understand what's sp bad about most of her solo music, especially songs off of her Lemonade album. This is better than 7/11, If I Were A Boy, Formation, Drunk In Love, and Pretty Huts.
      2. No matter how many studio effect you pile on his voice, he still cannot sing. And the production is awful and mind-boggling.
      1. I don't hate it as much as you do, but that doesn't mean I like it. His voice sounds like Future, 'nough said, and the lyrics are the same brag rap crap we've all heard a million times. I still cannot believe this hit #1 In America.

      WAMB10:
      5. Don't care about this song. For all I know Magic! is nothing more than a one-hit wonder band
      4. Only heard it a few times, but never listened to the whole thing.
      3. Nothing interest me about AJR.
      2. Never cared. Found it harmless at the least.
      1. I hated this, but I've heard worse.

      Delete
    6. Adrian:
      5. This one was super catchy!
      4. Love this one!
      3. And love this one!
      2. Omg agreed!!
      1. I liked it at first, grew out of it, grew back into it, then grew out of it, now it sucks.

      WAMB10:
      5. Really catchy IMO!
      4. This one sucks.
      3. I like this one a lot.
      2. I have mixed feelings.
      1. This one is really annoying.

      Miles:
      5. It was really good at first getting old.
      4. YEEESSS AGREED!!
      3. ^
      2. Mediocre.
      1. It's nothing special but I actually still like it.

      My bottom 5:
      5. Diplo/Sleepy Tom – Be Right There
      4. Future/The Weeknd – Low Life
      3. Jacob Sartorius – Sweatshirt
      2. French Montana/Kodak Black – Lock Jaw
      1. The Chainsmokers/ROZES – Roses

      Delete
    7. Sweatshirt is #6 for the worst songs of 2016 and SOB is #7.

      Delete
    8. SOB by Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats? I know that Jack said that's his most hated countdown song of the year so far, me personally that song doesn't anger me so much as it leaves me baffled.

      And hearing Red Dress again I'm actually kinda starting to like it. It's sweet, and doesn't treat women like objects.

      And I find Get Ugly and I'm Not Famous kinda funny, even if the former in a so bad it's good way.

      And as for me...
      5. Down In The DM by Yo Gotti (did we really need another track about pictures? One that has no energy whatsoever?)
      4. Kill 'Em With Kindness by Selena Gomez
      3. Work by Rihanna featuring Drake
      2. Sweatshirt by Jacob Sartorius
      1. Me Too by Meghan Meghans

      Delete
    9. Also, anyone find it ironic that in Panda, Desiigner says he "got broads in Atlanta" even though he's never been there? That kinda explains why people call it a Future ripoff.

      Delete
    10. Mine:

      5. Either Ruth B. - Lost Boy or Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman
      4. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Jet Black Heart
      3. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out
      2. James Bay - Let It Go
      1. Jacob Sartorius - Sweatshirt

      There are probably 1 or 2 songs I'm missing, but that's what it would look like off the top of my head.

      Delete
    11. Um...you're missing a song you really really hate.
      Hint: I really like it.

      Delete
    12. Graham:
      5. Never heard it
      4. Yeah this sucks.
      3. ^
      2. ^
      1. Seriously? You couldn't find one song worse than Roses?

      Scott:
      5. ^
      4. I don't see what's so wrong with this song. It pulls off the sexy vibe kinda song nearly perfectly.
      3. I talked about this a lot, its still way to over-hated because of the chorus, while everyone forgets the verses and its dancehall/reggae-pop, not trap.
      2. ^
      1. ^

      Parker:
      5. Lost Boy is boring, but Dangerous Woman was great at first.
      4. Was great but got old.
      3. This song is amazing. You need to get your privilege checked.
      2. This is great.
      1. ^

      Delete
    13. NH: Never heard
      Parentheses: #40Friday Peak

      Adrian:
      5. 10/10 (#2, #1 on unwritten charts)
      4. 9.5/10 (#26)
      3. NH
      2. 8.5/10 (#36)
      1. 9/10 (#18)

      Miles:
      5. 10/10 (#8)
      4. NH
      3. 8.5/10 (#36)
      2. Was 10/10, now 9.5/10 (#1, 2 weeks)
      1. 9/10 (#5)

      WAMB10:
      5. 9.5/10 (#12)
      4. NH
      3. 9.5/10 (just outside of 10/10) (#14)
      2. NH
      1. 8.5/10 (Never on chart)

      Graham:
      5. NH
      4. NH
      3. 8.5/10 (#36)
      2. 5/10 (Never on chart and never will be on chart)
      1. 8.5/10 (#12)

      Scott:
      5. NH
      4. Was 10/10, now 9.5/10 (#1, 1 week)
      3. 9/10 (#8)
      2. 8.5/10 (#36)
      1. Was 10/10, now 9.5/10 (#1, 2 weeks)

      Parker:
      5. 9/10 for both (First never on chart, second #6)
      4. 9/10 (Never on chart)
      3. 8.5/10 (#18, #1 on unwritten charts)
      2. 8.5/10 (#7)
      1. 8.5/10 (#36)
      Mama Said: 10/10 (#2)

      Delete
    14. Crap! I forgot Mama Said! That would be #2 then.

      Delete
  14. So looking at Hits 1's Twitter, they are very possibly the biggest 5SOS fans I have ever seen. They are obsessing so much over Ashton Irwin getting a haircut. I mean, Ashton is definitely still hot. I can certainly agree with that. But just look at these:

    https://twitter.com/siriusxmhits1/status/764297108891570176

    https://twitter.com/siriusxmhits1/status/764297876872855554

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's the king of school supplies? A ruler! -clash!-

      Delete
    2. Took me a few seconds, but I get it lol.

      Delete
  15. Wow, I've been reading this blog from the start and let me say I've loved it! Congrats on 3 years fam :))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats Adrian! I love this blog, and I am so happy that it's made it through three solid years! Also my two year anniversary of viewing this blog will arrive on October 4th.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cmon! I saw Demi that time and will again in 2 weeks!

      -shows a paper that says Squidward an Spongebob Best Boating Buddies 4-Ever!-

      Delete
  17. Congratulations Adrian! You have put in so much hard work to this blog and I'm happy to see its been going strong for three years! I'm very proud of this blog for being one with so much dedication and fans that it steadily gets stronger and stronger! Your blog is great and I will continue to read it until you stop. So, again, congratulations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Current Top 10 on iTunes:
    1. Closer - Not that surprised that it's still here, but that'll probably change when something else new comes along. Still don't like the song, though.
    2. Heathens - It reclaimed #1 because of Suicide Squad hype.
    3. Cold Water - Also rather new, so not surprising that it's still high up.
    4. Can't Stop the Feeling - I'm amazed that this one has been here as long as it has.
    5. Into You - Yeah, keep rocking that .69 discount! B)
    6. Treat You Better - This was also discounted, and it'll probably be a Top 10 hit on Billboard at this rate.
    7. Me Too - GO AWAY!!!
    8. Gold - Already ranted about this one last week.
    9. Let Me Love You - Was #1 when the album dropped but it could still make 2016's Year-End list if it gains enough steam.
    10. Sucker For Pain - It's only here because of Suicide Squad hype and won't be here much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  19. THE 31 QUESTIONS IF AUGUST

    Question #14:

    Who's your current celebrity crush?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My answer:

      I don't necessarily find celebrities to be "hot" or "cute", so I always have a hard time picking a celebrity crush. Even if I pick one, IDK who it would be.

      Delete
    2. I find celebrities hot all the time, probably more often than I should.

      Delete
    3. Cmon! I dated her in high school!

      Delete
  20. All Hit-Bound exits this year:
    One Direction - Infinity (left 1/16) (dark green)
    Jacob Whitesides - Secrets (left 1/23) (dark green)
    Adam Lambert - Another Lonely Night (left 2/13) (dark green)
    BØRNS – Electric Love (left 2/27) (purple)
    David Guetta/Sia/Fetty Wap - Bang My Head (left 2/27) (dark green)
    Bo Napoleon - If That's Ok (left 4/9) (green)
    Demi Lovato - Stone Cold (left 4/23) (red)
    Nathan Sykes/Ariana Grande - Over and Over Again (left 4/23) (green)
    Kelly Clarkson/7 other artists - This is For My Girls (left 5/21) (green)
    Magic!/Sean Paul - Lay You Down Easy (left 6/4) (green)
    Hailee Steinfeld/DNCE - Rock Bottom (left 6/11) (green)
    Disturbed - The Sound of Silence (left 7/16) (orange)
    Bebe Rexha/Nicki Minaj - No Broken Hearts (left 7/30) (green)
    Flo Rida/Jason Derulo - Hello Friday (left 7/30) (green)
    Alesso/Nico and Vinz - I Wanna Know (left 7/30) (green)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My order of those (red = shit, orange = least favorite, turquoise = bad, etcetera:
      Green, dark green, dark green, dark green, pink, dark green, blue, purple, red, green, pink, green, yellow, yellow, green.

      Delete
    2. Oh wow, forgot an orange pick. Yeah, TIFMG takes that. I need to listen to more around here…

      Delete
    3. Green
      Red
      Green
      Blue
      Green
      Orange
      Green
      Green
      Green
      Green
      Green
      Green
      Green
      Pink
      Purple (Current Lights Over Paris Award)
      I also think that Back 2 U will exit HitBound.

      Delete
    4. The current LOP award for me is a tie between Bang My Head and Infinity.

      Delete
  21. When do you start school again?

    Already asked it, burt new year, new me!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good luck with school everyone!

    Here's the updated viz for this week:

    https://public.tableau.com/views/Hits1Countdown/Countdown

    ReplyDelete
  23. So far, it's looks like it'll be an easy decision for the #1 song on COAEP.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You know, Spectrum Pulse tweeted about how some of his best hit picks so far - that have also been favorites of quite a few others - are for "fellow music nerds" but it's a question as to how much pandering there is. I Took a Pill In Ibiza, for example, is one about music made for certain critics - hence, "All I know are sad songs".

    There's also In The Night and When We Were Young, which draw on near-timeless historical templates that music critics tend to like. On that note, Adrian, it's too bad you couldn't see When We Were Young for the lovely song that is, because I've seen several call it one of the best hits of the year. :( But hey, it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Bottom 5 on countdown right now:
    5. Stressed Out (turquoise)
    4. Figure Me Out (turquoise)
    3. Unsteady (turquoise)
    2. Hands to Myself (red)
    1. 7 Years (orange)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Top 5:
      1. Me Too
      2. Work From Home
      3. Into You
      4. All About Us
      5. We Don't Talk Anymore

      Bottom 5:
      1. I'm Not Famous
      2. New Romantics
      3. Can't Stop The Feeling
      4. Cake By The Ocean
      5. Victorious

      Delete
    2. .:
      5. Its still amazing, regardless of the overplay.
      4. Still good.
      3. Great song.
      2. Okay
      1. Its amazing, and its not boring.

      WAMB10:
      1., 2., 3. We fucking get it!
      4. Good.
      5. Terrible.

      1. Not interesting.
      2., 3., 4., 5. Its just the overplay, get over it.

      Delete
  26. Racks in me like a piñata
    Fuck you, blue Balenciagas
    Robin Jeans with the Foamposites
    Hit the club, now my black bottles
    Bloods wit me woo woo woo
    No set trippin', they know I'm crippin', fool
    Jesus piece a 10k gold
    I'm a fuckin' fool, you better act cool
    German Shepherds in my backyard
    Trained to kill, I was born to deal
    I was on the hill, R.I.P Tijuana, rest in peace Clifford Deal
    My daddy backed out, you done fucked up
    Hit the Magic City, pack it out
    You hatin' on me I don't give a fuck
    I'm a street n***a, you can walk it out
    I'm in Pittsburgh with a lot of hoes
    Young n***a with a bankroll
    Scrape the pot, I was in the hood
    My mama stayed on Glenwood
    17 with a 38
    Don't fuck around and make me 38
    24 hours I was tryna get it
    I was waitin' on First 48
    Ay, ay, ay, ay
    Ay, ay, ay, ay
    Hey, hey, hey, hey
    Ay, ay, ay, ay
    Got a family to feed, got a family to feed
    They dependin' on me, they dependin' on me
    If you don't believe in me
    I'm like fuck ya, I'm like fuck ya
    Fuck ya
    Thought you believed in me
    I thought you had them racks, but you got evicted
    Heard you had it on you, you penny pinchin'
    'Til I pulled up to get it, to get it, get it
    Racks on me like a muhhfucka
    (Racks on me, got them racks on me)
    I was just broke like a muhhfucka
    (I was down bad I ain't had shit)
    Racks on me like "WOWWW!"
    (Racks on me got, them racks on me)
    Fuck n***as like "HOWWW?"
    (Fuck n***as like "how?")
    How he do that?
    Jumped off the porch, I was on the go
    Mama couldn't tell me shit, I was trappin' in the fo'
    Could you take the pain away?
    I gotta make a way a way, way
    For my family, yeah
    Ay, ay, ay, ay
    Ay, ay, ay, ay
    Hey, hey, hey, hey
    Ay, ay, ay, ay
    Got a family to feed, got a family to feed
    They dependin' on me, they dependin' on me
    If you don't believe in me
    I'm like fuck ya, I'm like fuck ya
    Fuck ya

    ReplyDelete
  27. Symon - Say is now officially annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://myweekendcountdownreview.blogspot.com/2016/04/im-over-these-1-songs.html?showComment=1460916154402&m=0#c1675121710695869487
      You've got to look at this comment because this is where I was growing more into Say. Now, I've lost interest in that song and 8 exit weeks do exist.

      Delete
    2. Though, our last 8 exit week wasn't there since 08/27/11.

      Delete
    3. I don't care of how many exits there are next week.

      Delete
    4. Good. Who know how many there are?
      There could be 4. There could be 7. There could be 2 again. You'll never know.

      Delete
    5. I hope there's 2 (Mama Said and Let It Go)

      Delete
    6. If there's 7, Work From Home better not be one of the exits.

      Delete
    7. Or it'll be an awful 7 exit week.

      Delete
    8. Why do you like that song and not All In My Head

      Delete
    9. 4 is what I want. Work From Home, Me Too, Lost Boy, and One Dance.

      Delete
    10. I love All In My Head (Flex) too.

      Delete
    11. I'd like to see 7 but Miles probably will say that it will most likely not happen.

      Delete
    12. If you like that song you'd love every song on COAEP

      Delete
    13. How is talking about the number of exits related?

      Delete
    14. Because I like to think realistically, unlike you WAMB10.

      Delete
    15. It was because in that comment, I'd said the possible entrants of a 7 exit week for April 13, 2016. Chase then said that Say should debut. Say was the 8th best song on HitBound in the week of April 16, 2016. During that time, I've only seen up to 7 exits on the Weekend Countdown by looking at the posts. If I've seen an 8 exit week post on the blogs, I would've put Say in the list of debuts and say that April 23, 2016 should be an 8 exit week. BTW, that week only had 2 exits. Now, I've seen an 8 exit week because 2011 had 2 of them.

      Delete
    16. and you, Miles. A song (One Dance) is probably not going to drop off from #17.

      Delete
    17. Like I Can dropped off from #12 in 09/19/15.

      Delete
    18. A couple of other songs dropped off from #11, a couple more from #10, another from #9, another one from #8, and (almost) another from #3.

      Delete
    19. One Direction - Kiss You exited from #9 once

      Delete
    20. Lady Gaga - The Edge Of Glory dropped off from #8 in 2011.

      Delete
  28. 100th
























































































    Graham has officially hit 40k pageviews on his blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys this means a lot!! :)

      Delete
    2. That probably been Parker the macaroni man!

      Delete
    3. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-halxM5iHeqw/UUOxPN_PoCI/AAAAAAAAAIM/F5q2LADtQHU/s1600/ObaMac.jpg
      This is me

      Delete
  29. Lets play Durp's game where I post some older comments posted on this blog and you guys try to guess who posted them:

    1. Ugh is right.
    2. Fucking ridiculous. No exits and that damn song still at #1? What an abominable countdown.
    3. SHAWN MENDES AND CAMILA CABELLO (FIFTH HARMONY) HAVE A NEW SONG OUT CALLED "I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER" AND IT IS AMAZING!
    4. If Glass = 10000, what is Poop?
    5. You mean ******** *** **** then yes.
    6. Ugh dear god. That man is an abomination to the human race.
    7. I think Hello should be #7
    8. Uhhhhh...he could've heard it on the radio.......
    9. "No" was the bugged drop?

    Yeah!
    10. (non-violent emojis)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling #6 was me talking about Trump. But idk.

      Delete
    2. 1. Graham Badenhausen
      2. Unknown
      3. trance1317
      4. ffDurp124
      5. Parker Scott
      6. Adrian Carrazco
      7. We Are My Babies10 (Me.)
      8. Leah Baker
      9. Chasetronaut in the house
      10. Miles Washcalus

      Delete
    3. Okay this may be cheating but hint, #2 was on a week that Shut Up and Dance was #1.

      Delete
    4. I never posted a single emoji on this blog or anywhere else.

      Delete
    5. Where could I find these things?

      Delete
    6. WAMB10, you got #s 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, and 10 wrong.

      Delete
    7. 1. Don't know
      2. Don't know, but you said it was Unknown, AKA EPG.
      3. Dylan George
      4. ffDurp123 (she misspelled it, that's why she got it wrong)
      5. Don't know. But what's the song?
      6. Adrian Carrazco
      7. Me?
      8. I saw this comment before, but I forget who it is.
      9. EPG
      10. Me. Definitely. I remember that comment.

      Delete
    8. Answers will be revealed right after tomorrow's 31 Questions Of August

      Delete
    9. Answers:

      1. Trance1317
      2. Unknown
      3. Dylan George
      4. ffDurp123
      5. Miles Washcalus, and the song is Thinking Out Loud
      6. Adrian Carrazco
      7. Chase (I kinda tricked you guys there!)
      8. Jack Farrell
      9. EPG
      10. .

      Delete
  30. So while I was browsing CountdownRecap's blog for nostalgic sake, I saw some stuff. Stuff that Adrian had kinda agreed on.

    I just listened to That's What I Like by Kelsi Luck, CountdownRecap's most hated song of 2013 and Adrian's 5th. And...














    Yeah, who am I kidding, this song is shit. Although I'd rather listen to it than any of the Big 5 of 2015 (except MAYBE Watch Me), or Me Too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That song is so annoying because she sounds like a 5 years old kid. TWIL is my 3rd worst song for 2013.

      Delete
  31. Throwback comments of the day, from March 5, 2016:

    "NEW MUSIC ALERT: NICK JØNAS - CLOSE

    DOUBLE NEW MUSIC ALERT: ARIANA GRANDE - DANGEROUS WOMAN"

    "Actually it's Closer featuring Mike Posner, not Close." - Both from Chase

    Both of those songs were not released yet. :O

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm doing what Parker just did.

    1. "I heard Meghan Trainor - NO for the first time and I have to say...

    It's amazing;)"

    2. "Lol a song called cut the cord is it a shoutout to birth"

    3. "No! Not She knows! Adrian doesn't like spongebob sqaurepants"

    4. "#CoolForTheSummerOnHits1 YAAAASSSSSSS!"

    5. "YOU ALREADY KNOW WHO IT IS



    Jason Derülo………



    I'm sorry.
    I had to."

    6. "[Lyrics to Taylor Swift - Shake it Off] Read more: Taylor Swift - Shake It Off Lyrics | MetroLyrics

    SUCKS SO MUCH"

    7. "And again, Counting Stars had the longest tenure in the calendar year! Do you people not know what the calendar year is?!?!"

    8. "At40 plays sucky music..."

    9. "Seriously...(trance1317) you need to stop. I mean I did nothing to you. I don't know you. I don't care what you think. But, if you choose to be kind, then everyhting will be chill. Okay?"

    10. "Who here agrees that Bobby Shmurda should be shmurda'd?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. You?
      2. Idk
      3. Leah Baker
      4. Trance
      5. Thatchos
      6. Me? Lol I liked that song idk why I said that ��
      7. Adrian
      8. ??
      9. Jack
      10. Mikey

      Delete
    2. 1. Nope. I should have said that too though.
      2. No.
      3. Yes.
      4. Yes.
      5. Yes.
      6. Yeah lol :)
      7. Yes.
      8. No.
      9. Yes.
      10. No.

      Delete
    3. You all still have to answer 1, 2, 8, and 10.

      Delete
    4. You posted #6 when it broke the record and you were really tired of it. I'm glad you grew back into it.

      Delete
    5. I got more:

      1. Triff
      8. Lance

      Idk 2 or 10 though.

      Delete
    6. 1 and 8 are correct :)
      I also thought someone would get 2 instantly.

      Delete
    7. I'll give you a hint:
      Both 2 and 10 were NOT posted on this blog.

      Delete
    8. They were also the only ones to not be posted on this blog.

      Delete
    9. Aw shoot! I thought Adrian doesn't like that but he does :) -throws a green grad hat on the grond that says Class of 2017-

      Delete
    10. #2 was Mikey Rossy on the Hit 45 Chart blog.

      Delete
    11. I'm one of the more modern and sane one's on this blog. Other than Adrian, Scott, Graham, and ..

      Delete
    12. #2 is correct.

      Hint: #10 was on Lance's blog and the comment was posted in 2014.

      Delete
  33. I just listened to The Little Things for the first time… And…






    It is probably one of the worst songs of the year so far :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew that was going to happen! Darn!

      Delete
    2. I had a feeling that you would put it in red or yellow. But not really bad. Is it better than Hands to Myself?

      Delete
    3. Yeah, not an exciting song. I've had to put up with it on Venus more than once.

      Delete
    4. When it came on Venus (probably about four times lol) I would think "I don't know this song. I'll change it." and then I would change the station.

      Delete
    5. To be honest it might be worse.

      Delete
    6. Yeah Hands To Myself isn't insanely awful though cause usually there is a worse song than it on the countdown. I'd say The Little Things could very possibly be in my bottom 5 of 2016 and in pink if it debuted.

      Delete
    7. Wait, you mean...worse than that other song? The one that we all know you absolutely hate?

      Delete
    8. Oh whoops, read that comment wrong. Ignore that lol

      Delete
    9. Is it better than Roses? Lockjaw?

      Delete
    10. The Little Things is also bad in my opinion.

      Delete
    11. Wow I may be the only one who likes that song.

      Delete
    12. And I do not give a damn about the song.

      Delete
    13. I kind of showed in those comments that I liked the song.

      Delete
    14. Yeah it's at least better than Roses and Lockjaw.

      Delete
  34. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  35. ANYONE ELSE HERE THINK TWENTY ONE PILOTS ARE EXTREMELY OVERRATED

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and no. Their fandom is one of the most obnoxious fandoms ever. And that's saying something considering the other bad fandoms.

      Delete
    2. ^Well it's nice that someone agrees with me about that.

      Delete
    3. Oh trust me, I've been in worse fandoms. Try and guess a few.

      Delete
    4. Their music is extremely mediocre ( especially on blurry face ) looking at how much most of their fan base worships them

      Delete
    5. My name's Blurryface, and I care what you think.

      Delete
    6. Again, there are worse. And I think their at their best on Blurryfsce.

      Delete
    7. No I don't. And I'll give them credit for trying a new style in Heathens even though I hate it.

      Delete
    8. They're not overrated, but...

      "Their fandom is one of the most obnoxious fandoms ever." - Miles

      Delete
  36. http://mymusicreviewingblog.blogspot.com/2016/08/my-top-10-worst-songs-ive-ever-heard-in.html

    My top 10 worst songs I've ever heard. And I do not want to hear comments saying "where was blank" because the answer will be either I never heard it, thought it wasn't that bad, or I actually like it.

    ReplyDelete
  37. THE 31 QUESTIONS OF AUGUST

    Question #15:

    What's Major Lazer's best song?

    ReplyDelete
  38. So I just found out on Billboard that someone in Ibiza was arrested for invading David Guetta's home there with a knife.

    I must ask... Did Mike Posner meet with David Guetta before he took a pill there?

    ReplyDelete
  39. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  40. My turn, who posted these following comments.
    1. "Nah. I sure hope nit"
    2. "SOMEONE AGREES WITHME and there's still Friday anything can happen"
    3. "Hey Ookaruss! Welcome back to the Fam!"
    4. "GREATEST COUNTDOWN EVER (since 8/30/14)"
    5. "Wow, The Night Is Still Young Only Lasted 1 Week."
    6. "NEW MUSIC ALERT
    I REPEAT
    NEW MUSIC ALERT:
    Disclosure/Sam Smith - Omen

    CHECK IT OUT
    IT'S PRETTY SICK"
    7. "Run Away With Me and Let's Love are definitely not going to debut. They haven't had enough airplay. They haven't even aired 10 times yet."
    8. "So that leaves Shut Up And Dance, Stitches, and what??"
    9. "Wow One Call Away in red!?"
    10. "Now, which Kamikaze is better, the on by Mo or the one by Owl City?

    its easy."
    Hint: 1 of them is mine.

    ReplyDelete