Thursday, August 4, 2016

America's Got Talent: Quarterfinals Week 2

We have officially completed the second round of the quarterfinals out of three. This week, we have 12 more acts performing, but only 7 will advance to the semifinals. This will be pretty much the same thing as last week where I give performance reviews and then recap the results.


Just a side note, due to the 2016 Summer Olympics, which will be broadcast on NBC, America's Got Talent will be taking a mini hiatus for the next two weeks. AGT will return on August 23rd with the final round of quarterfinals. So let's jump right into this week!



Week 2 Performances:
This week, we definitely had better and more talented acts performing, which makes is harder for us voters. I managed to pick out only 7 acts to vote for, but it was a little harder this week than it was last week. Now let's dig deeper into the performances.



~ FLIP: These girls were brought back as a wild card pick after being eliminated in the Judge Cuts instead of the Outlawz. I have to say, their choreography is on point and they were very nicely in sync. I personally liked it. However, it is really hard for dance crews to move forward in this competition for whatever reason. No dance crew has ever won America's Got Talent because at this point in the competition, each dance crew gets some sort of criticism from at least one judge. But I did love Simon Cowell's comment: "It's like having dinner with Mel B, your act. It starts off well and then goes nowhere." That of course caused a mini fight between him and Mel B. Overall, I liked it. But I don't think they'll go through.



~ Moya Angela: Honestly, I loved this woman's audition and her performance in the Judge Cuts. I think she has an amazing voice. But I did not think this performance was as good as her last two performances. It was still good. But I didn't love it as much as the last one. However, I did feel the emotion with every word she was singing, and I think that's enough to get her far. I don't know if she'll go through, but I did vote for her because I know she is really talented.



~ Viktor Kee: I always get bored watching jugglers, but this guy is a different story. It seems as though with his performances, he tells a story. He juggles in a very graceful, mesmerizing kind of way. It's something I don't think I've ever seen a juggler do. I do really like him and I'm pretty sure America will vote him through.



~ Kadie Lynn Roberson: For this performance, she sang My Church by Maren Morris, which is actually a very current country song. Honestly, I keep forgetting that she is only 12 years old. She has such a mature voice and I think it sounds amazing. The small problem I had with this performance was that the backup singers were kind of drowning out her voice, making it hard to hear her. I still voted for her because she is really talented. But if she does go through to the semifinals, I agree with Simon that it should just be her and her guitar so we can hear her voice a whole lot better. But overall, I really like her and I liked this performance.



~ Ryan Stock & AmberLynn: I never liked these two. I cringe watching them do what they do and it always makes me wonder how the hell people get into sword swallowing and shoving an active drill down their throat. This time around it started off nice and slow with some small sword swallowing and then AmberLynn attempted to shoot a flaming arrow with a crossbow to the target that Ryan was holding with his mouth. Only problem was that she actually missed and accidentally shot Ryan's neck. Now because these are live shows, we have to remember that anything can happen and unfortunately, Ryan Stock and AmberLynn have demonstrated that a danger act can certainly go wrong. Thankfully, she did not kill him and he is doing well. But this just goes to show what they do is more dangerous than it looks and you don't know what to expect at this point in the competition. This is why I have a hard time watching them. While I'm very happy to hear that Ryan is okay, I have to be honest and say that I believe this is where the journey ends for them. While it is very unfortunate that this happened, we can't just give them pity votes. I do not think they should go through, but it is completely up to America to decide whether or not we should give them another chance. Now I've re-watched this quite a few times and honestly, AmberLynn had a freakin' laser sight on that crossbow, yet she still missed.* Oh well. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

*UPDATE: Ryan posted on Facebook that the notch holding the arrow broke, causing the arrow to shoot sideways.


~ Calysta Bevier: This is the girl who had that very sweet story about how she was fighting cancer and how music and singing got her through it. I really liked her audition where she sang Fight Song by Rachel Platten. Simon Cowell then decided to use his golden buzzer on her sending her straight to the live quarterfinals, which is where we are now. She was probably my favorite of the five auditions that received the golden buzzer. For this performance, she sang Brave by Sara Bareilles and I loved it. I do really like her voice and I felt the emotion that came with every word. She is truly an inspiration and I really hope America votes for her because she deserves to be in the semifinals. I just had one slight issue during the performance and that was the typo when the lyrics were being shown on the piano and how instead of it saying "empty", it said "emtpy". That was the only issue I had. The rest of it was just amazing.



~ Sofie Dossi: This was that contortionist girl who got Reba McEntire's golden buzzer during the second round of Judge Cuts. If I'm being honest here, this performance did feel very much like her last performance when she got the golden buzzer. However, I really liked the music that was used and I truly think she is very talented. It's like she doesn't have bones. Like seriously. And then she did archery with feet. I agree with Simon Cowell that AmberLynn is probably going get fired and Ryan Stock is going to hire Sofie because she can shoot a bow and arrow with her feet while blindfolded, whereas AmberLynn couldn't even shoot a crossbow with her hands and eyes open. However, while she is certainly talented, I cannot picture her having a show in Vegas. She can only do a certain amount of contortion before it gets a little boring. I just can't see this as an hour-long show in Vegas. But regardless, it is quite amazing what she can do.



~ The Clairvoyants: The mentalist duo is back! Both their audition and Judge Cuts performance have amazed me and have actually freaked me out a little bit. For this performance, they started out pointing out this chalkboard that was covered and had it lifted up hanging in mid-air so that it cannot be touched. For the remainder of the performance, they used jelly beans. It started with Thommy having Simon Cowell and Heidi Klum pick one jelly bean each and Amelie was able to guess the flavors and colors correctly (berry/purple and bubblegum/pink respectively), which I'm already amazed by. Then they had Mel B pick out as many jelly beans as she liked and scooped it into a glass cup. During that time, Thommy asked Howie Mandel what his dream flavor of jelly beans is, to which Howie said spicy chocolate. Back to Mel B, by looking into her eyes, Amelie was able to correctly guess that there were 22 jelly beans in the cup and Mel B even counted to make sure. So by that point I am thoroughly amazed. But it's not over. They then had the chalkboard come back down and because it was hanging there the whole time, nothing that was written could've been changed. The chalkboard said that Simon would pick the purple jelly bean, Heidi would pick the bubblegum jelly bean, and Mel B would have exactly 22 jelly beans. It even mentioned how they hope spicy chocolate jelly beans will be released soon. I'm legit freaked out by these two. Like I'm determined they are from another planet. I'm really hoping America votes them through because they are one of my favorite acts in this whole competition. I have no idea how they do this. They are easily the most qualified act to have an hour-long show in Vegas. I would totally pay to see them. Hopefully America keeps that in mind. They for sure have my 10 votes. Best act of the night.



~ Sal Valentinetti: A lot of people have been waiting for this guy's second performance. I did like his audition. But it wasn't really anything special to me. But Heidi Klum loved it enough to use her golden buzzer sending him past Judge Cuts right to the quarterfinals. He sang Story Of My Life by One Direction, but completely changed the song to the point where I didn't recognize it until halfway into the performance. I do think he has a good voice. But I don't know. I didn't really love it. First off, he butchered the song. But even then, I wasn't the biggest fan of his audition either. Maybe it's just because I'm not as big a fan of this type music as he and everyone else is. His voice is good, but not really anything special. The judges seemed to have positive comments. Simon Cowell liked the song choice (no surprise). Howie Mandel was kind of against the song choice followed Simon hitting his buzzer as a joke to Howie to show that he disagrees. Overall, it was good/okay. I didn't love it. But he will probably get voted through from the number of people who were anticipating his performance.



ThroWings: After the whole incident with Ryan Stock & AmberLynn, I'm not more terrified of this act just because I know that anything can happen and it is really dangerous. I have to say, the fact that the girl did the same stunt that she broke her spine doing in the past is really brave and it was quite terrifying to watch. But I do agree a little bit with Simon Cowell that we're pretty much seeing the same thing each time. But they did have strobe lights up which made it harder to see. I don't know. I like it, but at the same time, I agree with Simon. Simon then buzzed the act after his comments. Overall, I do think what they do is dangerous and I do like it. But I don't know if they're going to go through. They probably won't. But who knows?



~ Steven Brundage: The third and final wild card pick. I can only imagine how many hate messages the judges got after sending him home in the Judge Cuts. Especially Howie Mandel since he noted that Steven didn't have very much showmanship. He even admitted that he got killed on Twitter because of it. But he's back and better than ever. He gave Simon Cowell this giant rubik's cube and had him guard it. Meanwhile, he did some awesome rubik's cube tricks with Heidi Klum and Mel B, which I'm even going to try to explain. He then gave Howie a rubik's cube and had him mix it up while Steven was mixing one as well behind his back. After he grabbed Howie's cube, he showed us that they were a perfect match with each other. And to finish it all off, he showed us that Howie's rubik's cube was also a perfect match with the giant rubik's cube Simon was guarding. After this performance, I am so glad that AGT brought back Steven because he is so unique, so different (I've never seen a Rubik's cube magician before), and on top of that, he is really cute. Him being cute is just the icing on the cake. But seriously, this guy is insanely talented and I have no idea how he does it. I agree with Howie that I believe the Clairvoyants are this dude's parents. This guy really did step up his game. He easily got my votes and I am sure this guy is going through. His seemingly large fanbase were who got AGT to bring him back and I can only how proud they are right now. Well done, Steven.



~ Sos and Victoria: Very interesting that these two are the last performance of the night. The first two times, it was really interesting and fun to watch. But this time, it was a little boring. They could've used better music than Meghan Trainor. It was really boring in between the changes with the weird dance moves. And the fact that I actually saw how some of the changes happened is not necessarily a good thing. This did feel a little bit like a fashion show and while I love seeing fashion and stuff like that, it's not really something for AGT. I get that it's kind of like "magic", but I wasn't really feeling it this time around. And like I said, I very clearly saw how she did the changes towards the end. But overall, this act was boring and there were tons of mistakes. I'm disappointed. Oh well. Easily one act that will not go through since America didn't seem to like them either.



Week 2 Results:
12 acts have performed, but only 7 acts are going to advance to the semifinals. It was all up to America to decide which acts we want to see in the next round by voting. And now the results are in. If you want, you can skip right to my summary of the results to avoid this long portion.



The acts that came in 6th, 7th, and 8th place were announced as the acts in danger of going home. However, one of them can be saved with the live Dunkin' Save. During the episode, we had the option to search Dunkin' Save on Google and vote for one of these three acts. The one with the most votes gets sent to the semifinals. The three acts in no particular order are:




  • Kadie Lynn Roberson
  • Sal Valentinetti
  • ThroWings

The act going through with the Dunkin' Save is announced towards the end of the episode, allowing us viewers to submit our votes. In the meantime, five acts were put through immediately and four acts were sent home. There were some special performances/skits, so I'm just gonna review those first.


~ Fitz & The Tantrums/iLuminate: iLuminate are back after being on Season 6 of America's Got Talent, finishing in third place. They are here with Fitz & The Tantrums performing one of the catchiest songs of the summer, HandClap. It was definitely a pretty good performance. I mean, it was pretty obvious that the girl from Fitz & The Tantrums is a better dancer than the guy. But it was fun, especially with iLuminate. I love the colors and everything. I really enjoyed it.


~ Nick Cannon: Judge School: It's official. Howie Mandel, Mel B, Heidi Klum, and Simon Cowell will all be returning as our four AGT judges next season. How fun! But at some point, we're going to have a new generation of judges. So our host, Nick Cannon took it upon himself to teach a class of kids how to be a judge on AGT. So I'm already dying of laughter when he tells the first kid, "You could be the next Simon Cowell." His reaction is just so funny. And then when Nick asked another kid, "Who's the most famous judge of all-time?" followed by a response of, "Judge Judy." I'm already laughing so much at how funny and cute this little skit/segment is. And the little blonde girl who keeps saying "uhuh" to everything is so cute and funny. Overall, I loved this extra little segment and I do genuinely believe that America's Got Talent is in good hands!



So those were the performance/segment reviews. Now let's get to the actual results. I'm going to do it a little differently this week. Here's how I'm going to code the results:


Bold = The act is advancing to the semifinals.
Italics = The act is eliminated from the competition.


So let's get to it! Here is the first group of acts called to step forward:




  • Sos and Victoria
  • The Clairvoyants

So far my favorite act is through. So I'm very glad about that. Now for the next result. The next group of acts called up were:


  • Viktor Kee
  • Steven Brundage

I'm so glad that both of them were put through. So two more great acts have been put through. So far so good with these results. Now for the next result. The next group of acts called up were:



  • FLIP
  • Sofie Dossi
  • Ryan Stock & AmberLynn

Looks like America did like Sofie enough as she is now put through to the semifinals. 4 acts have gone through so far. We have one more result before we go to the remaining three acts that are in danger. The next group of acts called up were:


  • Calysta Bevier
  • Moya Angela

Calysta was also a favorite of mine. So I'm glad America voted her through. Okay. 5 acts have been put through and it's time to bring out the remaining 3 acts. They are:



  • Kadie Lynn Roberson
  • Sal Valentinetti
  • ThroWings

One act will put through with the Dunkin' Save that we had the option to vote using during the episode.

The act going through to the semifinals from the Dunkin' Save is: Sal Valentinetti!


Sal is now the sixth act put through. We have two remaining acts, one more spot, and it is up to the judges. The act that receives more votes from the judges will be put through. The two acts are:



  • Kadie Lynn Roberson
  • ThroWings


Judges' Choices:

  • Howie Mandel voted first and put his vote on ThroWings.
  • Mel B voted second and put her vote on ThroWings.
  • Heidi Klum voted third and put her vote on Kadie Lynn.
  • Simon Cowell voted fourth and put his vote on Kadie Lynn.

Once again, due to a tie as two judges voted for ThroWings and two voted for Kadie Lynn, the act that goes through is the one that received more votes from America from the previous night when voting was open.


The act that got more votes from America winning Judges' Choice and making it through to the semifinals is: Kadie Lynn Roberson!


Kadie Lynn is now the seventh and final act to make it through to the semifinals.



So to sum up the results:

Moving Forward To The Semifinals:

  • The Clairvoyants
  • Viktor Kee
  • Steven Brundage
  • Sofie Dossi
  • Calysta Bevier
  • Sal Valentinetti (Dunkin' Save)
  • Kadie Lynn Roberson (Won Judges' Choice)

Eliminated:

  • Sos and Victoria
  • FLIP
  • Ryan Stock & AmberLynn
  • Moya Angela
  • ThroWings (Lost Judges' Choice)


My Top 5 Performances
1. The Clairvoyants
2. Steven Brundage
3. Calysta Bevier
4. Viktor Kee
5. Kadie Lynn Roberson


Like I said, due to the Olympics, America's Got Talent will be taking a break for the next two weeks. They will be back on August 23rd with the final week of quarterfinals, which will feature the following acts:


  • Alla and Daniel Novikov
  • Blake Vogt
  • Brian Justin Crum
  • Edgar
  • Grace VanderWaal
  • Julia Scotti
  • Kadan Bart Rockett
  • Linkin' Bridge
  • Malevo
  • Ronee Martin
  • The Passing Zone
  • Vello Vaher

Looking at the lineup, it looks like it's going to be an extremely tough competition and a tough night for us voters. That is all I have for you today and I will see you guys this weekend with my Weekend Countdown post.

222 comments:

  1. The opening ceremony for the Summer Olympics will be tomorrow I think.

    http://mymusicreviewingblog.blogspot.com/2016/08/58-years-of-billboard-biggest-100-songs.html

    Remember I still have my review of the hot 100 all time list out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Full countdown predictions for 8/6/16 are out:
    http://countdownguyblog.blogspot.com/p/predictions.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Top 5:
    1. Calysta Bevier - She really was amazing, perfect, and flawless, with also a great story.
    2. Sal Valentinetti - I didn't think I would like this but I LOVED it quite a bit actually.
    3. Steven Brundage - I'm really glad that they bought him back, he deserved it and did awesome.
    4. The Clairvoyants - Not quite as amazing as last time but still pretty amazing.
    5. Sofia Dossi - It really is amazing what she can do and I also agree with Simon about her replacing AmberLynn. 😂

    Worst: AmberLynn & Ryan Stock - I agree with you Adrian, this is dumb and pointless and they messed up also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Calysta really is amazing, beautiful, inspiring, etc. So I totally understand why she'd be your favorite. Sal's voice just doesn't really do anything for me. With singers, I want moments where I get chills and I did not get that from Sal unfortunately. Steven and the Clairvoyants are amazing and I have no idea how either of them do their tricks. Sofie certainly is talented as well. She's one of the few contortionists that I think step it up each time.

      Despite the incident, I didn't like Ryan Stock and AmberLynn's performance before it happened. It's certainly dangerous what they do and we clearly saw that an act like this can go wrong. But I'm just not a fan. I can barely watch them.

      Delete
  4. -gazed my hands on the crystal ball- Thee next wiener with be Bictor Thee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New Album: DJ Snake - Encore

    I haven't listened to the whole thing yet. So I don't know what it sounds like overall. But what I do know is that you need to listen to the collaboration with Justin Bieber called Let Me Love You. I'd say that song is easily better than Cold Water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. -peeks out of nowhere and waves Jelena and DJ Snake flag and disappears to the room-

      Delete
    2. Well, I remember hearing Talk with George Maple back in June when it first dropped, and that one was decent. And of course there was Middle, which a lot of people don't like but I did. Let Me Love You, however, I don't know, Bieber has more charisma than he's had in most of his hits since his return, but the drop I don't find that exciting.

      Also, someone commented on Twitter that there are too many songs out there called "Let Me Love You". Case in point - DJ Snake, Mario, Ne-Yo, Ariana Grande...

      Delete
  6. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdw1uKiTI5c

    The official video for Rise is now out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

      Delete
  7. HitBound Entrants:
    Kenny Chesney/P!NK - Setting the World on Fire
    The Chainsmokers/HALSEY - Closer

    ReplyDelete
  8. THE 31 QUESTIONS OF AUGUST

    Question #5:

    Do you own any video game consoles? If so, what are they?

    ReplyDelete
  9. So X Ambassadors with Jamie N Commons performed Low Life on Good Morning America today. Think they did pretty nice with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And now they're performing Unsteady. (In before Parker rages about that)

      Delete
    2. I didn't watch the last half of GMA, mainly because I'm watching the Golden Girls on the Hallmark channel.

      Delete
  10. I also would like to address the other elephant in the room... We're almost at 900k pageviews! I have a feeling we'll be at 1,000,000 before September's out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speaking of which, where is that 800k special post?

      Delete
    2. There will definitely be a million before the year ends.

      Delete
  11. Predictions For August 6, 2016:
    Exits:
    KEWK
    YDOM

    Entrants:
    I'm Not Famous
    Into You

    HitBound Entrants:
    STWOF
    Closer

    Biggest Drop: Don't Mind

    Biggest Jump: Tie Between Unsteady & Lovesick

    #1: CSTF
    This will most likely not happen though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Predictions For August 6, 2016:
      One Dance needs to jump into the top 10

      -Chasetronaut in the House

      Delete
    2. My predictions:

      Exits:
      YDOM
      MM&I

      Entrants:
      I'm Not Famous*
      Into You

      Top 10 entrants:
      New: SML (TYNL)
      Re-entry: TIWYCF

      Top 5:
      5. Dangerous Woman
      4. Ride
      3. DLMD
      2. SSLP
      1. CSTF

      Biggest Drop: Don't Mind (-21)
      Biggest Jump: Lovesick (+18)
      Unsteady will jump 16.

      *, no. (I completed the line)

      Delete
  12. Thank the good Lord I'm out of school now

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe that Hits 1 didn't tweet out the HitBound entrants for a 2nd week in a row. I was going to be the one commenting them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't anymore. It's been more than 2 weeks.

      Delete
    2. They tweeted that Closer is debuting Hit-Bound.

      Delete
  14. NEW MUSIC ALERT: YG/G-Eazy/Macklemore - FDT (Fuck Donald Trump) (Part 2)

    I've really been enjoying this one! Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I thought you liked Donald Trump. (I don't :P)

      Delete
    2. He's okay I guess, but I would take him over Hillary (AKA one of the worst human beings to ever exist) any day.

      Delete
  15. Last chance to vote for my WhatYouWant countdown!
    https://goo.gl/forms/dP0iuBXSohqlYEJR2

    ReplyDelete
  16. https://twitter.com/SiriusXMHits1/status/761592763146043392

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://apollo-na-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/1428547949245/SHOOTSELF.jpg

      Delete
  17. THIS WAS SO COOL YOU HAVE TO READ IT
    http://genius.com/a/eminem-s-life-story-in-lyrics

    ReplyDelete
  18. NEW MUSIC ALERT DJ SNAKE - ENCORE
    REVIEW NOW ON MY BLOG

    http://musicreviewsunlimited.blogspot.com/2016/08/album-review-dj-snake-encore.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. #40Friday is out!
    http://40friday.blogspot.com/2016/08/august-5-2016.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also WhatYouWant countdown is out!
      http://countdownguyblog.blogspot.com/p/wutchuwant-countdown.html

      Delete
  20. Exits:
    x34. Youth
    x44. Pillowtalk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, all songs with no AirPlay surprisingly survived.

      Delete
    2. Countdown so far:
      45. G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself and I (#45)
      44. Meghan Trainor - No (#38)
      43. Grace - You Don't Own Me (#41)
      42. Nick Jonas/Tove Lo - Close (#27)
      41. Selena Gomez - Hands to Myself (#43)
      40. Ruth B. - Lost Boy (#42)

      Delete
    3. We're still looking for a 7 DTHNOB week. I think that it should be next week and probably the reason why all 3 songs with no AirPlay survived.

      Delete
    4. Debut: AJR - I'm Not Famous at #37.

      Delete
    5. Nooooooooooooo! It better have an Infinity tenure.

      Delete
    6. And I don't mean infinity weeks, I mean that I'm Not Famous' tenure needs to be about as short as their song, Infinity.

      Delete
    7. I guess the reason why all 3 songs without AirPlay survived this week because there maybe like 6 or 7 exits next week.

      Delete
    8. And HTM and is under KEWK.

      Delete
    9. Am I the only one who doesn't care if we get a 7 exits next week or none at all?

      Delete
    10. I think Adrian doesn't care.

      Delete
    11. I think he doesn't care either.

      Delete
  21. Yikes! New Romantics by Taylor Swift dropped to #39. Will it survive next week and have the 1989 representations as a whole last a two-year tenure on the countdown?

    On the good side, Cake By The Ocean by DNCE dropped to #38.

    And as we expected, I'm Not Famous by AJR debuted at #37. Works for me.

    (And I'm not being spoiled, haha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By that I meant that what I'm reading isn't a spoiler. I could tell from how few comments there are here that the countdown hadn't been posted yet, so I'm not spoiling myself reading this.

      Delete
    2. Do you think that there should be 7 exits next week because I do.

      Delete
    3. I think there should be a high number. 5-7 probably.

      Also, you two can keep me company during the countdown so I'm not lonely. :)

      Delete
    4. As I may have said before, if the end of August 2014 and 2015 were any indication, I'm sure we can predict it soon.

      And true, I'm usually up at 6 AM for this and I listen to the countdown on my own to avoid spoilers.

      On that note, Let It Go by James Bay at #36.

      Delete
    5. New Romantics was the biggest drop. (-16)

      Delete
    6. Oh yeah, there were 6 exits in the last weeks of August both in 2014 and 2015.

      Delete
    7. I thought it was Don't Mind lol.

      Delete
    8. I don't care if we get 7 exits or none. Stop bitching about it.

      Delete
    9. New Romantics had the biggest drop instead of Don't Mind. This week's countdown is so off AirPlay.

      Delete
    10. And Miles, the 3rd to last word you said in your comment is a bad word.

      Delete
    11. You should watch this...
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=90nYY0E_Ysg

      Delete
    12. He says a bad word and gets grounded.

      Delete
    13. I'm 17, do I look like I actually give a damn?

      Delete
    14. I'm 16 years old, I'm younger than you.

      Delete
    15. What's your point again? So what if I curse? Whatcha gonna do about it?

      Delete
  22. So New Romantics was the biggest DRRRRRRROP!!!. Thought for sure that Don't Mind would be it.

    Meanwhile, Work From Home by Fifth Harmony holding at #35, joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 34. Lukas Graham - *cough 7 *cough* Years *cough* (+6)

      Delete
    2. Oh shut up . we fucking get it already!

      Delete
    3. Don't say the F word, Miles.

      Delete
    4. We have worse comments on this blog.

      Delete
    5. Let me think, how 'bout fuck no?

      Delete
    6. Miles, what made you say these bad words?

      Delete
    7. I know what Miles means by "F no." He wants Work From Home to leave.

      Delete
    8. You, Chase, and Leah's stupid and unnecessary comments. And the should you even care at all? So what?

      Delete
  23. Then we have Kill 'Em With Kindness by Selena Gomez holding at #33 (ugh) and Wherever I Go by OneRepublic down four to #32.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least Wherever I Gi stayed this week.

      Delete
    2. How is that good? Its not even a good song, its one of Ryan Tedder's worst songs for his band.

      Delete
    3. Everyone has their opinions Miles!!!

      Delete
    4. Respect each others' opinions. I respect your opinion in Work From Home.

      Delete
    5. I respect Miles' opinion on 7 Years and Triff's opinion on Mama Said.

      Delete
    6. Okay whoa whoa whoa. No one should be saying "I'm better than you."

      Delete
    7. I actually like Wherever I Go. It's pretty catchy and Pretty high quality pop

      Delete
  24. And on the good note... Into You by Ariana Grande, debuting at #31.

    Awwwwwww yeah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That song is a lot better than Dangerous Woman.

      Delete
    2. I know, 2 debuts makes Hits 1 kinda behind sometimes.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, there should've been more than 2.

      Delete
    4. Enough of these stupid comments about Hits 1 being so "behind" all the time. We don't care.

      Delete
    5. Then I won't care either, they're not that behind.

      Delete
    6. Enough of your comments telling people to stop.

      Delete
    7. Yeah, they're only a little behind, like with:
      Victorious
      Stressed Out
      Cake By the Ocean
      Hands to Myself
      Me, Myself and I

      Delete
    8. Victorious isn't on any chart right now.

      Stressed Out is still in the top 40 on the Hot 100.

      Same with Cake By The Ocean.

      Hands To Myself left the Hot 100 the same week Hello did, back in spring.

      My, Myself, & I only left as recently as a couple of weeks ago.

      Delete
    9. Stressed Out and CBTO are a little popular. They should be off the countdown by September.

      Delete
  25. Unsteady at #30.

    Thank God it did not jump any higher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it did have the biggest DRRRRRRROP!!! two weeks in a row not too long ago.

      Also, History by One Direction at #29.

      Delete
  26. I'm so tired of keeping company, I need to sleep now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet dreams.

      All About Us is tied for the biggest jump, up 11.

      Delete
  27. All About Us by Jordan Fisher up 11 to #28, tied for the biggest jump of the week. Eh.

    ReplyDelete
  28. So I did a bit of looking through the countdown archive, and found out that so far this year, we've only had two weeks where the biggest drop of the week was 20 or more spots - both Me, Myself and I and I Took a Pill In Ibiza the weeks after they debuted.

    And on that note:
    27. Victorious by Panic! At The Disco
    26. Say by Symon

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovesick is the other half of that biggest jump, up 11.

    ReplyDelete
  30. 23. Missing You by All Time Low
    22. Mama Said by Lukas Graham (still find this one enjoyable ironically)
    21. Girls Talk Boys by 5sauce

    ReplyDelete
  31. Do you tell them white lies?
    Do you tell them the truth?
    #21
    GTB

    ReplyDelete
  32. TALK TALK TALK TALK
    TALK TALK TALK TALK
    TALK TALK TALK TALK
    TALK TALK TALK TALK
    (Lines in my favorite song at #21!)
    (Why did I do that?)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Body Say - biggest jump (3-way tie) (+11 to #20)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I only just heard that yesterday. Kinda lame.

      Also, The Sound by The 1975 at #19.

      Delete
  34. Baby, I like your style.
    #18

    ReplyDelete
  35. All I know, are sad songs on #17.

    ReplyDelete
  36. My name's Blurryface, I'm at #15 and I care what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hits 1 Recommendations:
    Meghan Trainor/Yo Gotti - Better
    Shaggy - That Love
    Dua Lipa - Hotter than Hell
    The 1975 - Somebody Else
    James Bay - Hold Back the River
    Nick Fradiani - Get You Home
    Gavin DeGraw - She Sets the City on Fire
    My Chemical Romance - The Five of Us Are Dying
    Rihanna - Needed Me
    Melanie Martinez - Pity Party
    Ellie Goulding - Army
    Troye Sivan - TALK YOU DOWN
    FRENSHIP + Emily Warren - Capsize
    Wale/Sam Sneak - My P.Y.T.
    Charly Black - Gyal You a Party Animal
    Ayo Jay/Fetty Wap - Your Number
    DJ Khaled/Drake - For Free
    Drake/Rihanna - Too Good
    David Guetta/Zara Larsson - This One's for You
    Zara Larsson - Lush Life
    Tinie Tempah/Zara Larsson - Girls Like
    Lil Wayne/Wiz Khalifa/Imagine Dragons/Logic/Ty$/X Ambassadors - Sucker for Pain
    Britney Spears/G-Eazy - Make Me...
    Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ - Cold Water
    MØ - Final Song
    Nathan Sykes/G-Eazy - Give it Up
    Kungs vs Cookin' on 3 Burners - This Girl
    Marc E. Bassy/G-Eazy - You & Me
    G-Eazy/Jeremih - Saw it Coming
    Elle King - Good Girls
    Frankie - New Obsession
    Era Istrefi - Bonbon
    Mako - Smoke Filled Room
    Enrique Iglesias/Tinashe/Javada - Duele el Corazón
    Nicky Jam - With You Tonight (Hasta el Amanecer)
    Jason Derulo - Kiss the Sky
    Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/ZEDD - Starving
    Pitbull/Flo Rida/LunchMoney Lewis - Greenlight
    NICK JØNAS/Ty$ - Bacon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please stop posting recommendations like this.

      Delete
    2. Better: Released 3 months ago/Will not make Hits 1
      That Love: Will not make Hits 1
      Hotter Than Hell: Could make Hits 1
      Somebody Else: Could make Hits 1
      HBTR: Could make Hits 1
      Get You Home: Will not make Hits 1
      SSTCOF: Will not make Hits 1
      TFOUAD: Could make Hits 1
      Needed Me: Could make Hits 1
      Pity Party: Will not make Hits 1
      Army: Will not make Hits 1
      Talk You Down: Will not make Hits 1
      Capsize: Will not make Hits 1
      My PYT: Will not make Hits 1
      GYAPA: Could make Hits 1
      Your Number: Will not make Hits 1
      For Free: Could make Hits 1
      Too Good: Could make Hits 1
      TOFY: Will not make Hits 1
      Lush Life: Could make Hits 1
      Girls Like: Could make Hits 1
      SFP: Could make Hits 1
      Make Me: Probably will make Hits 1
      Cold Water: Probably will make Hits 1
      Final Song: Will not make Hits 1
      Give it Up: Will not make Hits 1
      This Girl: Could make Hits 1
      You and Me: Will not make Hits 1
      Saw it Coming: Will not make Hits 1
      Good Girls: Will probably not make Hits 1
      New Obsession: Could make Hits 1
      Bonbon: Will not make Hits 1
      SFR: Will not mako Hits 1 (Get it? Again?)
      DEC: Will not make Hits 1
      WYT (HEA): Will not make Hits 1
      KTS: Could make Hits 1
      Starving: Could make Hits 1
      Greenlight: Could make Hits 1
      Bacon: Could make Hits 1

      Delete
    3. While I will agree with the last four, yeah, we've been done with this for a long time now.

      In the meantime Chase, I'm sure you are very happy about the biggest DRRRRRRROP!!! of the week. :P

      Delete
    4. It's okay. Just don't post anymore recommendations because it makes me angry. Do you promise you won't post a list of recommendations again?

      Delete
    5. ., I promise I won't do that again.

      Delete
    6. Also, ., minor, but on that note, I said before, but Final Song was on the YouTube15. I don't think it's there anymore, though, which is disappointing.

      Delete
  38. New Music Alert: Desiigner - Tiimmy Turner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one has been out for a couple of weeks now.

      Delete
  39. They featured Cold Water in most downloaded...what...

    ReplyDelete
  40. Can't Stop the Feeling at #1. Again.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Exits:
    Troye Sivan - Youth (#34)
    Zayn - Pillowtalk (#44)

    The countdown:
    45. G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself and I (#45)
    44. Meghan Trainor - No (#38)
    43. Grace - You Don't Own Me (#41)
    42. Nick Jonas/Tove Lo - Close (#27)
    41. Selena Gomez - Hands to Myself (#43)
    40. Ruth B. - Lost Boy (#42)
    39. Taylor Swift - New Romantics (#23)
    38. DNCE - Cake By the Ocean (#30)
    37. AJR - I'm Not Famous (DEBUT)
    36. James Bay - Let it Go (#32)
    35. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home (#35)
    34. Lukas Graham - 7 Years (#40)
    33. Selena Gomez - Kill Em With Kindness (#33)
    32. OneRepublic - Wherever I Go (#28)
    31. Ariana Grande - Into You (DEBUT)
    30. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#37)
    29. One Direction - History (#29)
    28. Jordan Fisher - All About Us (#39)
    27. Panic! at the Disco - Victorious (#12)
    26. Symon - Say (#25)
    25. Jacob Whitesides - Lovesick (#36)
    24. Kent Jones - Don't Mind (#15)
    23. All Time Low - Missing You (#24)
    22. Lukas Graham - Mama Said (#19)
    21. 5 Seconds of Summer - Girls Talk Boys (#20)
    20. Demi Lovato - Body Say (#31)
    19. The 1975 - The Sound (#26)
    18. Drake/WizKid/Kyla - One Dance (#21)
    17. DNCE - Toothbrush (#22)
    16. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took a Pill in Ibiza (#9)
    15. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#18)
    14. Meghan Trainor - Me Too (#17)
    13. The Summer Set - Figure Me Out (#16)
    12. Timeflies - Once in a While (#13)
    11. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore (#8)
    10. Pink - Just Like Fire (#4)
    9. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This is What You Came For (#11)
    8. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#14)
    7. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#10)
    6. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills (#5)
    5. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman (#6)
    4. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (#7)
    3. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#2)
    2. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty (#3)
    1. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling (#1)

    Biggest Drop: Taylor Swift - New Romantics (-16)
    Biggest Jump: Tie between Jordan Fisher - All About Us, Jacob Whitesides - Lovesick, and Demi Lovato - Body Say (+11)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was expecting Can't Stop the feeling to take the same path that Shut Up And Dance did last year.

      Delete
    2. 1st week:
      SUAD: May 9
      CSTF: June 4

      2nd week:
      SUAD: June 6
      CSTF: June 11

      3rd week:
      SUAD: June 27
      CSTF: July 2

      4th week:
      SUAD: July 11
      CSTF: July 9
      (Same)

      5th week:
      SUAD: July 18
      CSTF: July 16
      (Same)

      6th week:
      SUAD: August 1
      CSTF: July 30
      (Same)

      7th week:
      SUAD: August 15
      CSTF: August 6

      Delete
    3. Oh.

      Does anyone have the Hit-Bound list?

      Delete
    4. It hasn't finished yet. I'll tell you when it is.

      Delete
  42. UGH I'M NOT FAMOUS???

    1. That's not even popular anywhere else.
    2. The song is pretty annoying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Hits 1 does like giving us the rare AJR, I know that I'm Ready made their Year-End Top 45 Countdown of 2014 despite never getting any higher than #20. :P Then there was Infinity, which was on Hit-Bound for a long time but had an awful short countdown tenure. AJR makes novelty songs, I won't deny that, but I find them funny.

      Delete
    2. Infinity:
      Debuted Hit-Bound on November 1, 2014
      Only left Hit-Bound to debut the countdown
      Debuted the countdown on April 25, 2015
      Probably had the longest Hit-Bound tenure ever.
      (Almost 6 months!)

      Delete
    3. And all of their songs on the countdown start with an I, and two of them start with I'm.

      Delete
    4. And Infinty left in May 30, 2015.

      Delete
  43. You know, this week actually wasn't that bad. CSTF is #1 again and Don't Mind dropped ONLY 9 spots. I'm so happy about the real biggest drop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And for Chase:
      I love Tiimmy Turner! I mean, it's not that new, but who cares? It's a really catchy song.

      Delete
  44. Hit-Bound:
    Coldplay/Beyoncé/SeeB - Hymn For the Weekend
    Steve Aoki/Boehm/Walk the Moon - Back 2 U
    Katy Perry - Rise
    Ben Rector - Brand New
    Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
    The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
    Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes
    Magic! - Red Dress
    Fifth Harmony - All in My Head (Flex)
    The Strumbellas - Spirits
    Flume/Kai - Never Be Like You
    Troye Sivan/Alessia Cara - Wild
    MKTO - Superstitious
    Kenny Chesney/Pink - Setting the World on Fire

    ReplyDelete
  45. Sit Still, Look Pretty has played 3 times in the past 90 minutes. One on the countdown, another as Most Wutchuwanted on Hit-Bound, and another right now.

    ReplyDelete
  46. http://mymusicreviewingblog.blogspot.com/2016/08/hits-1-weekend-countdown-8616-cant-stop.html

    My Weekend Countdown post is out!

    ReplyDelete
  47. THE 31 QUESTIONS OF AUGUST

    Question #6:

    What did the first comment you ever posted on this blog say?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://siriusxmhits1weekendcountdown.blogspot.com/2016/02/twenty-one-pilots-2-week-of-february-27.html?showComment=1456614959569#c4549367613564087177

      "I have been looking at this blog for a few weeks and I like it. I made a Hits 1 countdown blog too. Here is the link: http://countdownguyblog.blogspot.com/"

      I was an anonymous.

      Delete
    2. http://siriusxmhits1weekendcountdown.blogspot.com/2015/09/walk-moon-10-week-of-september-5-2015.html?showComment=1441565949705#c1774781933936851812

      Delete
    3. http://siriusxmhits1weekendcountdown.blogspot.com/2015/05/2015-billboard-music-awards-review.html?showComment=1432217167609&m=0#c8754555369441839042
      I did a weekend countdown prediction for May 23, 2015.

      Delete
    4. http://siriusxmhits1weekendcountdown.blogspot.com/2015/07/andy-grammer-1-week-of-july-25-2015.html?m=0

      Delete
    5. It said "One Week- Barenaked Ladies." I believe it was a response to what was the #1 song on the day you were born.

      Delete
    6. For Billboard. I just recently did that again.

      Delete
    7. I know.

      1998: One Week- The Barenaked Ladies (GREEN)
      1999: Heartbreaker- Mariah Carey/Jay-Z (GREEN)
      2000: Come On Over Baby (All I Want Is You)- Christina Aguilera (BLUE)
      2001: Fallin' Alicia Keys (GREEN)
      2002: A Moment Like This- Kelly Clarkson (RED)
      2003: Baby Boy- Beyoncé/Sean Paul (BLUE)
      2004: Goodies- Ciara (BLUE)
      2005: Gold Digger- Kanye West/Jamie Foxx (PURPLE)
      2006: SexyBack- Justin Timberlake (GREEN)
      2007: Crank That- Soulja Boy (ORANGE)
      2008: Whatever You Like- T.I (GREEN)
      2009: Down- Jay Sean/Lil Wayne (GREEN)
      2010: Just The Way You Are- Bruno Mars (GREEN)
      2011: Someone Like You- Adele (GREEN)
      2012: One More Night- Maroon 5 (GREEN)
      2013: Royals- Lorde (GREEN)
      2014: All About That Bass- Meghan Trainor (GREEN)
      2015: The Hills- The Weeknd (GREEN)

      Delete
    8. http://musicreviewsunlimited.blogspot.com/2016/08/siriusxm-weekend-countdown-862016.html

      Delete
  48. Throwback comments of the day:

    July 31, 2015
    Find it here: http://siriusxmhits1weekendcountdown.blogspot.com/2015/07/andy-grammer-1-week-of-july-25-2015.html?showComment=1438355097216&m=0#c5024362970983083425

    Leah: Something exciting happened on tomodachi life
















    Adrian and remy had a baby!

    Adrian: ...........
    Ethan: .........................................................
    Leah: I named her Katrina because I wanted to name her
    Thatchos: ………..…


    Ehrm…look…KITTENS!!
    http://hd.wallpaperswide.com/thumbs/kittens-t2.jpg
    Leah: I didn't say kittens I'm allergic to fireworks and cats
    Adrian: How is one allergic to fireworks?
    Remy: ...............

    And Miles this was actually your first comment:
    http://siriusxmhits1weekendcountdown.blogspot.com/2015/07/andy-grammer-1-week-of-july-25-2015.html?showComment=1438355129981&m=0#c1032385498468736909

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if this was my first comment but it was the oldest one I could find. Idk why I removed it.

      http://siriusxmhits1weekendcountdown.blogspot.com/2014/08/maroon-5-1-week-of-august-16-2014.html?showComment=1408282167020&m=0#c5206581910305178816

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  49. SIRIUSXM HITS 1 COUNTDOWN REVIEW IS NOW ON MY BLOG IF YOU CHECK IT AND COMMENT IT WOULD MEAN SO MUCH

    ReplyDelete
  50. My Weekend Countdown post is out now!!!
    https://chase400.blogspot.com/2016/08/justin-timberlake-7-week-of-august-6.html?showComment=1470505099379#c4926286972149321603

    ReplyDelete
  51. Singers' reactions to their song having the biggest jump or debuting on the countdown:

    *retweets* - AJR
    "AHHHH 🙈😍" - Jordan Fisher
    "is this even real life" - Jacob Whitesides

    ReplyDelete
  52. I just heard Closer and it's kinda bland. Now Hits 1 is producing too many bad music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Closer is good, but a disappointment compared to Roses and Don't Let Me Down.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, it's good. Not really good though. 8.5/10

      Delete
    3. 8.5/10? For "not really good" that's being awful nice to it :P

      As you probably already saw on my page, I don't care for it at all. I'll talk more about it if it makes the countdown, but Roses and Don't Let Me Down were both way better (unless you're Graham, in which case anything would be a step up from Roses).

      Delete
    4. I meant " not really good" not "not really good". It's not REALLY good but it's good.

      Delete
    5. Forget the first sentence.

      Delete