Saturday, July 23, 2016

Mike Posner (2) – Week Of July 23, 2016

Six years ago today on The X Factor, judge Simon Cowell took five guys who auditioned as solo artists, but failed to progress to the "Boys" category, and put them together in a group, qualifying them for the "Groups" category, who soon named themselves One Direction. They began in 2010 and starting in 2011, they have had consistent album releases, one each year. In that time, they have become pretty much the biggest boyband out there. Their music has been great over the years and I thought I'd just bring up that today is their 6-year anniversary as a group. Although they are currently in their hiatus, it's still something worth recognizing. So congrats Liam Payne, Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson, and Harry Styles. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.


  • Jason Derulo – If It Ain't Love (#41)

Last Week's #1 Song: Justin Timberlake – Can't Stop The Feeling
The Countdown
45. Rihanna/Drake – Work (#43)
44. Ruth B. – Lost Boy (#40)
43. G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha – Me, Myself, and I (#45)
42. X Ambassadors – Unsteady (#44)
41. Selena Gomez – Hands To Myself (#39)
40. Grace – You Don't Own Me (#27)
39. Lukas Graham – 7 Years (#42)
38. Flo Rida – My House (#37) [1 Week At #1]
37. Alessia Cara – Wild Things (#32)
36. James Bay – Let It Go (#24)
35. Zayn Malik – Pillowtalk (#34)
34. Fifth Harmony – Work From Home (#35)
33. Meghan Trainor – No (#36)
32. All Time Low – Missing You (#26)
31. Troye Sivan – Youth (#30)
30. DNCE – Cake By The Ocean (#28) [4 Weeks At #1]
29. Symon – Say (#29)
28. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Girls Talk Boys (DEBUT)
27. Selena Gomez – Kill Em With Kindness (#25)
26. The 1975 – The Sound (#38)
25. One Direction – History (#20)
24. The Summer Set – Figure Me Out (#18)
23. Lukas Graham – Mama Said (#31)
22. Meghan Trainor – Me Too (#21)
21. OneRepublic – Wherever I Go (#10)
20. Drake/WizKid/Kyla – One Dance (#33)
19. Adele – Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#22)
18. Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better (#19)
17. Twenty One Pilots – Stressed Out (#12) [5 Weeks At #1]
16. Kent Jones – Don't Mind (#23)
15. DNCE – Toothbrush (#16)
14. Timeflies – Once In A While (#15)
13. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez – We Don't Talk Anymore (#17)
12. Daya – Sit Still, Look Pretty (#13)
11. Panic! At The Disco – Victorious (#14) [1 Week At #1]
10. Taylor Swift – New Romantics (#11) [2 Weeks At #1]
  9. Nick Jonas/Tove Lo – Close (#9)
  8. Calvin Harris/Rihanna – This Is What You Came For (#8)
  7. Ariana Grande – Dangerous Woman (#7)
  6. P!nk – Just Like Fire (#3)
  5. The Chainsmokers/Daya – Don't Let Me Down (#6)
  4. Twenty One Pilots – Ride (#5)
  3. Sia/Sean Paul – Cheap Thrills (#2)
  2. Justin Timberlake – Can't Stop The Feeling! (#1) [5 Weeks At #1]
  1. Mike Posner/SeeB – I Took A Pill In Ibiza (#4) [2nd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Andy Grammer – Honey, I'm Good

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Grace – You Don't Own Me (–13)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Drake/WizKid/Kyla – One Dance (+13)

New Entrants
~ 5 Seconds Of Summer are back not long after the departure of the amazing Jet Black Heart, which is probably one of best songs of the year. They bring Girls Talk Boys, which is from the new Ghostbusters soundtrack. Just a side note, the movie does not look good. Even though I love Melissa McCarthy, I'm not feeling the movie. But that's just from watching the trailer. Anyway, on to the song. I said this last week and I'll say it again. It feels like one of their weaker singles, if not their weakest single. I am one who usually compares new songs to the artist's previous work even though that's not the ideal thing to do. But let's be honest here, this song lacks the energy brought by songs like She Looks So Perfect, She's Kinda Hot, and of course Jet Black Heart. However, I do like the vocals on this track and I like the chorus as well despite the lazy instrumentals. But the overall song itself is nothing to excited over. I know 5 Seconds of Summer are capable of more than this. I am somewhat disappointed because I was expecting myself to really like this song. But it just feels like a song that would make a really good filler track on an album. You know, those tracks that most people don't really care for because they're not radio singles. That's how I feel about this song. With that being said, it's certainly not a bad song. But it is rather weak and lazy on the instrumentation and production. I can't really see myself getting into this song, so this may just be one of those songs that stays in blue all throughout its tenure. But who knows? My opinion could magically change. But for now, I'm not as impressed as I wanted to be. I had high standards and this song did not meet those standards unfortunately.


Hit-Bound
~ Here is the Hit-Bound list:


  • Katy Perry – Rise
  • Jordan Fisher – All About Us
  • Coldplay/Beyoncé – Hymn For The Weekend
  • Magic! – Red Dress
  • Ben Rector – Brand New
  • Demi Lovato – Body Say
  • Bebe Rexha/Nicki Minaj – No Broken Hearts
  • Jacob Whitesides – Lovesick
  • The Strumbellas – Spirits
  • Flo Rida/Jason Derulo – Hello Friday
  • Troye Sivan/Alessia Cara – Wild
  • Alesso/Nico & Vinz – I Wanna Know
  • AJR – I'm Not Famous
  • Steve Aoki & Boehm/Walk The Moon – Back 2 U

Collaborative DJ's Steve Aoki and Boehm have debuted this week featuring Walk The Moon with the track, Back 2 U. It's a certainly a catchy song and Steve Aoki is actually a pretty good producer himself. His last countdown appearance was A Light That Never Comes by Linkin Park, which I personally loved. This song isn't necessarily incredible, but when it comes to grabbing my attention, this song gets the job done.

Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. Coldplay – Hymn For The Weekend
2. Troye Sivan/Alessia Cara – Wild
3. Demi Lovato – Body Say
4. Alesso/Nico & Vinz – I Wanna Know
5. Steve Aoki & Boehm/Walk The Moon – Back 2 U


When The Girls Talk Blurbs
~ I'd like to start off by saying that Kent Jones – Don't Mind is most certainly not Top 20-worthy. The delusional voters who are doing this need to cut it out. Like now.

~ There are a few songs that kind of grew on me. The most notable ones being One Direction – History and Calvin Harris/Rihanna – This Is What You Came For. Both songs I actually kind of enjoyed listening to recently, but I can't see either of them lasting in green for much longer. Those who like these songs should take advantage of the fact that they're green and enjoy it while it lasts.

~ I'm honestly surprised that I still enjoy Taylor Swift – New Romantics, but at the same time I'm not. Taylor Swift songs tend to get old at this point. But due to this song not being available on Apple Music for a long period of time, I never really listened to it. So I couldn't really get sick of it. Now I just still find it really catchy.

~ I really hope Lukas Graham – Mama Said does not jump that much higher. I just can't stand the little kids and just the whole song. It is most certainly not better than 7 Years, so I'm hoping this song can flop.

~ Meghan Trainor – No needs to eventually make its way out of here. I don't know what I was thinking when I liked this song and I'll probably feel the same way about Me Too in maybe a month or two. I cannot stand that chorus anymore. It's become completely pointless in my eyes. "My name is no. My sign is no. My number is no." I now completely understand why ARTV Review gave this song a negative review. The lyrical content is dumb.

~ OneRepublic – Wherever I Go did not last very long at its peak. Oh well. At least I can still say it peaked in to the Top 10.

~ Symon – Say holding its spot at #29 hopefully means it won't jump very high. I still find this song to be really annoying.

~ Our Biggest Jump and DROP!!!... of the Week both moved the same number of spots. Although not the first time, it's still a rare occasion.

~ I was very sure Cheap Thrills was going to be our next #1 song. But honestly, I don't mind our #1 song one bit. Mike Posner – I Took A Pill In Ibiza is still my favorite song on the countdown and it can spend as much time at #1 as it wants to.

~ There are only like 19 good songs on this countdown out of 45. Not even half. I guess you can call me the rude, but honest judge when it comes to this countdown. My reviews aren't always nice, but they are certainly honest.

~ In One Direction news, I'm sure we were all aware when Harry Styles signed a solo record deal recently. Well even more recently, Liam Payne has also signed a solo record deal. It's currently questionable whether or not One Direction will ever resume or if this is the end. It's possible that they're just doing things solo during their hiatus and will rejoin the group when the hiatus ends. But I don't know honestly. Louis Tomlinson also has some solo projects, one of which was being a guest judge on the latest episode of America's Got Talent, alongside the man that started it all for them, Simon Cowell. I'm just going to say that if One Direction does break up, Louis should consider being a regular judge on America's Got Talent because he did a really good job guest judging. But anyway, I'm not going to join the club that says this is the end of One Direction because its possible these solo projects are just for them to work on during their break. That's just how I view the whole situation.

~ The Hit 45 Chart for this week is out! Find out if Sia can hold at #1 for a second week in a row with Cheap Thrills!

Top 20 Review
0 – Crap:
20. Kent Jones – Don't Mind

1 – Bad:
19. Twenty One Pilots – Ride
18. Twenty One Pilots – Stressed Out

2 – Meh:
17. Ariana Grande – Dangerous Woman

3 – Decent:
16. Adele – Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
15. DNCE – Toothbrush
14. Panic! At The Disco – Victorious

4 – Good:
13. Calvin Harris/Rihanna – This Is What You Came For
12. Nick Jonas/Tove Lo – Close
11. Justin Timberlake – Can't Stop The Feeling
10. Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better
9. Daya – Sit Still, Look Pretty

5 – Great:
8. Timeflies – Once In A While
7. Drake/WizKid/Kyla – One Dance
6. Sia/Sean Paul – Cheap Thrills
5. P!nk – Just Like Fire
4. Taylor Swift – New Romantics
3. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez – We Don't Talk Anymore
2. The Chainsmokers/Daya – Don't Let Me Down
1. Mike Posner – I Took A Pill In Ibiza

Overall Score: 73/100


Throwback Pick Of The Week: Natasha Bedingfield – Pocketful Of Sunshine

Most Missed Countdown Song: One Direction – Kiss You

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ – Cold Water

Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: David Guetta/Nicki Minaj/Afrojack – Hey Mama


My Top 5 Picks
1. Mike Posner – I Took A Pill In Ibiza
2. The Chainsmokers/Daya – Don't Let Me Down
3. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez – We Don't Talk Anymore
4. Taylor Swift – New Romantics
5. OneRepublic – Wherever I Go

165 comments:

  1. I expected Girls Talk Boys to debut, but I didn't expect it to enter any higher than #30! I just view this song as nothing more than a filler song.

    I guess it was only a matte of time 'til If It Ain't Love to left, but I still like it.

    I really want Rise to debut soon. Its currently in my top 10 this week, and I want it to debut quick.

    I guess me, Parker and a couple other people are fine with Don't Mind Jumping.

    Why is Victorious jumping again? I just got rid of that song from my top 50 list, it should be gone.

    I was expecting One Dance to flop outright. Not only is this song old, but its not even good either. The tropical beat that is put on repeat through 3/4 of the song, not to mention the auto-tune on Drake that makes him sound so dull and boring makes this even worse. It should not be in the top 20.

    I do not need Mama Said to enter the top 20, we have enough shit as it is.

    It still amazes me how Work, and Me, Myself, & I are still here.

    This countdown was boring. Not much really happened this week.

    Top 5:
    1. Just Like Fire
    2. Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
    3. Cheap Thrills
    4. Can't Stop The Feeling
    5. Don't Let Me Down

    Bottom 5:
    1. Me Too
    2. Work From Home
    3. One Dance
    4. We Don't Talk Anymore
    5. History

    Throwback Picks:
    We Belong Together- Mariah Carey
    Informer- Snow
    Yeah!- Usher/Lil Jon/Ludacris
    Get Low- Lil Jon/East Side Boyz/Ying Yang Twins
    Everybody (Backstreet's Back)- Backstreet Boys
    Apologize- Timbaland/OneRepublic
    Viva La Vida- Coldplay

    Most Missed Songs:
    Honey I'm Good- Andy Grammar
    Uptown Funk!- Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars
    Roar- Katy Perry
    Happy- Pharrell Williams
    Heartbeat Song- Kelly Clarkson

    Recommendations:
    Phoenix- Olivia Holt
    Wildside- Sabrina Carpenter/Sofia Carson

    Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago:
    Uptown Funk- Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars

    ReplyDelete
  2. [CHORUS:]
    Informer
    You know say Daddy Snow me, I'm gonna blame
    A licky boom-boom down
    'Tective man says Daddy Snow stabbed someone down the lane
    A licky boom-boom down
    Informer
    You know say Daddy Snow me, I'm gonna blame
    A licky boom-boom down
    'Tective man says Daddy Snow stabbed someone down the lane
    A licky boom-boom down

    Police-a them-a they come and-a they blow down me door
    One him come crawl through through my window
    So they put me in the back of the car at the station
    From that point on I reach my destination
    Now the destination reached was the East Detention
    Where they whipped down my pants and looked up my bottom

    [CHORUS]

    The bigger they are they think they have more power
    They're on the phone me say that on hour
    Me for want to use it once to call my lover
    Lover who I'm gonna call is the one Tammy
    I love her from my heart down to my belly
    Yes Daddy Snow, I'm the coolest daddy
    The one MC Shan and the one that is Snow
    Together we are like a tornado

    [CHORUS]

    Listen for me ya better listen for me now
    Listen for me ya better listen for me now
    When I rock the microphone, I rock it steady
    Yes sir Daddy Snow me are the Article Don
    When I'm at a dance they say, "Where you come from?"
    People then say I come from Jamaica
    But I'm born and raised in the ghetto
    That's all I want you to know
    Pure black people man that's all I man know
    My shoes used to tear up and my toes used to show
    Where I'm born is the one Toronto, so

    [CHORUS]

    Come with a nice young lady
    Intelligent, yes she's gentle and irie
    Everywhere I go I've never left here at all
    Yes, me Snow roam the dance
    Roam the dance in every nation
    You'd never know, me Daddy Snow
    I am the Boom Shakata
    I'll never lay down flat in one cardboard box
    Yes, me Daddy Snow I'm gonna reach to the top, so

    [CHORUS]

    Why would he? [repeat]

    [MC Shan:]
    Me sitting round cool with my dibby dibby girl
    Police knock my door, lick up my pal
    Rough me up and I can't do a thing
    Pick up my line when my telephone ring
    Take me to the station, black up my hands
    Trail me down 'cause I'm hanging with the Snowman
    What am I gonna do, I'm black and I'm trapped
    Smack me in my face, took all of my gap
    They have no clues and they wanna get warmer
    But Shan won't turn informer

    [CHORUS]

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Top 50 Songs of 7/23/16

    Exits:
    4. 22. 50. Dark Necessities- Red Hot Chili Peppers
    14. 10. 46. Team- Iggy Azalea
    42. 1. 44. Victorious- Panic! At The Disco [1 week @ #1]

    1. 50. – 50. I Want It All- Sake Bomb
    26. 2. 43. 49. 7 Years- Lukas Graham
    32. 9. 48. 48. Irresistible- Fall Out Boy/Demi Lovato
    4. 25. 49. 47. Don’t Threaten Me With A Good Time- Panic! At The Disco
    2. 45. 45. 46. Toothbrush- DNCE
    19. 7. 47. 45. Dangerous Woman- Ariana Grande
    1. 44. – 44. Phoenix- Olivia Holt
    14. 20. 42. 43. Ain’t Your Mama- Jennifer Lopez
    39. 1. 39. 42. Emperor’s New Clothes- Panic! At The Disco [3 weeks @ #1]
    38. 1. 38. 41. Piece By Piece- Kelly Clarkson [3 weeks @ #1]
    8. 32. 41. 40. Church Bells- Carrie Underwood
    13. 16. 33. 39. If It Ain’t Love- Jason Derulo
    19. 7. 27. 38. The Sound Of Silence- Disturbed
    21. 9. 24. 37. Wild Things- Alessia Cara
    40. 1. 32. 36. Hello- Adele [10 weeks @ #1]
    18. 15. 40. 35. Make Me Like You- Gwen Stefani
    36. 3. 31. 34. Middle- DJ Snake/Bipolar Sunshine
    21. 3. 37. 33. No- Meghan Trainor
    22. 11. 36. 32. Youth- Troye Sivan
    13. 20. 35. 31. Lush Life- Zara Larsson
    10. 25. 25. 30. Figure Me Out- The Summer Set
    4. 29. 30. 29. All In My Head (Flex) - Fifth Harmony/Fetty Wap
    21. 2. 22. 28. Army- Ellie Goulding
    21. 8. 26. 27. America’ Sweetheart- Elle King
    12. 21. 28. 26. Once In A While- Timeflies
    14. 23. 29. 25. The Sound- 1975
    4. 23. 23. 24. Hymn For The Weekend- Coldplay/Beyoncé
    24. 1. 18. 23. Work- Rihanna/Drake [6 weeks @ #1]
    2. 22. 34. 22. Wildside- Sabrina Carpenter/Sofia Carson
    21. 1. 21. 21. New Romantics- Taylor Swift [1 week @ #1]
    16. 7. 20. 20. Sit Still Look Pretty- Daya
    23. 6. 19. 19. Needed Me- Rihanna
    17. 10. 15. 18. Close- Nick Jonas/Tove Lo
    20. 6. 7. 17. Unsteady- X Ambassadors
    14. 12. 16. 16. Let It Go- James Bay
    37. 1. 6. 15. Stressed Out- Twenty One Pilots [5 weeks @ #1]
    4. 14. 17. 14. Final Song- MØ
    6. 7. 11. 13. Don’t Mind- Kent Jones
    23. 6. 14. 12. Never Be Like You- Flume/Kai
    7. 11. 12. 11. I Wanna Know- Alesso/Nico & Vinz
    18. 10. 13. 10. Ride- Twenty One Pilots
    25. 1. 10. 9. I Took A Pill In Ibiza- Mike Posner/SeeB [3 weeks @ #1]
    22. 1. 8. 8. Never Forget You- Zara Larsson/MNEK [1 week @ #1]
    1. 7. – 7. Rise- Katy Perry
    24. 6. 9. 6. Don’t Let Me Down- The Chainsmokers/Daya
    11. 5. 5. 5. Into You- Ariana Grande
    11. 1. 4. 4. Can’t Stop The Feeling- Justin Timberlake [5 weeks @ #1]
    23. 3. 3. 3. Cheap Thrills- Sia/Sean Paul
    11. 2. 2. 2. Send My Love (To Your New Lover) - Adele
    15. 1. 1. 1. Just Like Fire- P!nk [2nd week @ #1]

    Biggest Drop: Wild Things- Alessia Cara (-13)
    Biggest Jump: Wildside- Sabrina Carpenter/Sofia Carson (+12)

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKrBTWn6pAc

    Is it just me or did Kelly Clarkson sound a little bit like Christina Aguilera?

    ReplyDelete
  5. 0-Shit
    20. One Dance
    19. We Don't Talk Anymore

    1-Bad
    18. This Is What You Came For

    2-Meh
    17. Treat You Better
    16. Toothbrush
    15. Victorious

    3-Decent
    14. Dangerous Woman

    4-Good
    13. Once In A While

    5-Great
    12. New Romantics
    11. Sit Still Look Pretty
    10. Close
    9. Stressed Out
    8. Don't Mind
    7. Ride
    6. I Took A Pill In Ibiza
    5. Don't Let Me Down
    4. Can't Stop The Feeling
    3. Cheap Thrills
    2. Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
    1. Just Like Fire

    Total Score: 74/100 Good (When a top 20 for a satellite radio station's countdown is better than Billboard's Hot 100, you know there is a problem)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It legit irritates me that Back 2 U debuted on Hit-Bound before All In My Head (Flex) by Fifth Harmony ft. Fetty Wap and Into You by Ariana Grande! There is no reason for these songs to not be on Hits 1! Hits 1 is literally driving me insane lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

      Same here man.

      Delete
    2. If they do get All In My Head (Flex) on Hits 1, I would think they might cut Fetty Wap out of it like they did Ty Dolla $ign in Work From Home. But I would hope not!

      Delete
    3. Add Rihanna - Needed Me and Zayn - Like I Would to the list.

      Delete
    4. I've been hearing the former on Venus, but not the latter. That one would feel overdue to enter like Wild Things was.

      Delete
    5. Same with All In My Head, Into You, and Like I Would. All In My Head is currently #13 on the radio charts, Into You is somewhere near the top 20, and Like I Would is also really popular right now, but it is currently dropping on the radio charts. So it's actually unlikely that it'll make Hits 1's playlist in the future.

      Delete
    6. I heard All in My Head 5 times in California plus once driving to the airport, so 6 times I have heard it. I heard One Dance 7 times.
      -.

      Delete
    7. I will not report him, I will report you.

      Delete
    8. ^ That has nothing to do with the original comment

      Delete
    9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  7. Can you colour-code the #1 song last year?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wasn't Kiss You the highest drop off from the countdown dropping off from #9?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adrian what do you think of the following songs:
    Lil Wayne/Wiz Khalifa/Ty Dolla $ign/Logic/Imagine Dragons/X Ambassadors - Sucker For Pain
    Kanye West/Gucci Mane/Big Sean/2 Chainz/Yo Gotti/Travi$ Scott/Quavo/Desiigner - Champions
    Shawn Mendes - Ruin
    Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ - Cold Water
    Cheat Codes/Kriss Kross Amsterdam - Sex
    Drake - Controlla
    DJ Snake/George Maple - Talk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me:
      Sucker For Pain- It's an awesome song with an amazing chorus (10/10)
      Champions- It's a really catchy song and all the artists did a great job (10/10)
      Ruin- It's a disappointment compared to Treat You Better (3/10)
      Cold Water- This is my jam!! (11/10)
      Sex- It's pretty catchy if you ask me, but the lyrical content I find weird (9/10)
      Controlla- Probably the best song off of Views (10/10)
      Talk- I love it and it's catchy, but it's easy to get sick of George Maple's vocals (8.5/10)

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "I don't know what I was thinking when I liked this song and I'll probably feel the same way about Me Too in maybe a month or two"

    You developed some taste Good job. Everyone gave negative reviews of these songs. Both of Trainor's songs are bound to top many worst-of-2016 lists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^ Seconded. I thought No was kinda cool at first, but eventually realized just how underwritten it was and that the production isn't even that good. More importantly, the darker taste Meghan Trainor took with that song was not appealing after her first hits from 2014 and 2015 (though No is NOT as bad as Dear Future Husband, or god help you, Marvin Gaye, both of which were on several worst of 2015 lists). Me Too blew from day one, though.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    3. I really don't see what all the fuss is about. I mean yeah, the writing in the chorus is silly, and the darker tone of the song is different, but I think its an improvement from her last 3 songs she was on back in 2015.

      Delete
  13. What are your bottom 5 songs?
    -.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. I'd guess these are hit bottom 5, but I could be wrong:

      1. Don't Mind
      2. Work
      3. Mama Said
      4. Hands To Myself
      5. Lost Boy

      Delete
    3. My Bottom 5 is:

      1. Don't Mind
      2. Work
      3. Hands To Myself
      4. Mama Said
      5. Kill Em With Kindness

      So you were close enough, Miles.

      Delete
    4. My bottom 5 is:

      1. Mama Said
      2. Let It Go
      3. Lost Boy
      4. Stressed Out
      5. Dangerous Woman

      Delete
    5. My Bottom 5:
      1. Me Too
      2. Work From Home
      3. One Dance
      4. We Don't Talk Anymore
      5. History

      Delete
    6. Also Miles I love M.I.L.F. $ so you can be mad at me for that

      Delete
    7. I don't see what's so bad about it. Same with London Bridge, I love that one too.

      Delete
    8. I've lost any respect for you now.

      Delete
    9. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    10. Honestly, M.I.L.F.$ I can definitely understand one calling it so bad it's good. Still not one I would likely seek out on that merit, though.

      Delete
  14. New Music Alert: Tryon - Hot Blooded

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New Music Alert: DJ Khaled/Kendrick Lamar/Big Sean/Betty Wright - Holy Key

      Delete
  15. So, bad news: Ariana Grande was invited to perform at the DNC, which is at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, but she had to decline due to a scheduling conflict. That sucks. =(

    Even more bad news: apparently Drake is ALREADY working on another mixtape. Can he not. After 2015 he was overexposed enough, but Views and One Dance's #1 tenures have pushed him into oversaturation. I don't hate Drake, but really he needs to chill out already.

    Both of these are things I found out on Billboard.com. Why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was a good idea that she wouldn't perform in Philly this week.

      No please! I'm already sick of Drake, what with the Views nearly filling up the chart, and Controlla, and Too Good gaining traction, and One Dance still at the top of the Hot 100 is driving me crazy!

      Delete
    2. Please don't let it be another shitty mixtape with Future

      Delete
    3. I actually didn't mind Too Good, even if probably only because of the guest act. But yeah other than that he's way past this point.

      Delete
    4. I just find Too Good to be okay, I guess. The only song I liked from his What A Time To Be Alive with Future was Jumpman, and I know Parker and Adrian hate that song.

      Delete
    5. Did you know that Ariana Grande also had an opportunity to perform at the White House, but was declined because of her doughnut licking situation from last year? She was apparently licking doughnuts and saying something along the lines of "I hate America". Bad choices like those will come haunt you in the future as did with her. :/

      Delete
    6. That whole doughnut thing was stupid and I actually didn't like her that much after the incident

      Delete
    7. I did lose a huge chunk of respect for her after that. With bad choices like that come consequences. Hopefully now she understands that she must think before she does anything like that.

      Delete
    8. Yeah, I heard about that. It's Justin Bieber all over again (okay, maybe not that bad).

      Delete
    9. when do you come back to school? Me? Sept 1 again and end on my 13th birthday

      Delete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. New on my blog

    KATY PERRY RISE REVIEW
    MAJOR LAZER JUSTIN BIEBER MO REVIEW COLD WATER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New on my blog

      Can we get rid of this annoying I Took a Pill in Ibiza already?

      Delete
    2. Can we get rid of you once and for all?

      Delete
    3. It's kinda sad how quickly Chase grows out of songs. Just imagine if he had been blogging in 2015...

      Delete
  18. Adrian, what's your opinion of the new Major LAZER song Cold Water

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually really like it. The drop isn't the best, but Justin Bieber's vocals are honestly just amazing from the very beginning all the way to the end. I could do without MØ's part. I didn't really like her part too much. But I do believe Justin was a big part in making this song really good.

      Delete
    2. I haven't listened to it yet. And honestly, I don't see this one becoming a big hit. Company was a big flop, so is Light It Up, and I'm not expecting Final Song to be a hit in North America either.

      Delete
    3. Cold Water is #1 on iTunes, so you may be wrong.

      Delete
    4. For now. The only reason its #1 is because of the JB fan girls. I do not expect it to be in the top 20 on either the Hot 100, The Weekend Countdown, or the American Top 40.

      Delete
    5. I can see it going big like Make Me is right now

      Delete
    6. It's already #29 on the radio charts, which is really rare for a song that was released only 2 days before.

      Delete
    7. I mean all three of them have had smash hits in the past so I don't see why it wouldn't

      Delete
    8. We'll just have to wait and see. But I do see some potential in this one. I really do like it a lot.

      Delete
    9. Not only that, but it debuted on the Spotify US Top 50 yesterday at #2 with over a million streams, only behind One Dance. I foresee a Top 10 debut in the Hot 100 for this one.

      Delete
    10. If it flops: https://memegenerator.net/instance/39831524

      Delete
    11. I Doubt it'll debut this week. The tracking for streaming, and airplay ended, and is just starting up for next week. Maybe in a week or two it'll debut, but probably outside the top 40.

      Delete
    12. Cold Water? If you're talking about the August 6 chart, yeah, it won't debut this week, but we'll be seeing it on the August 13 chart for sure.

      Delete
    13. That's what I mean. The way Billboard dates their charts is weird.

      Delete
    14. Hey guys, I'm in California walking on the crosswalk.

      Delete
    15. This has nothing to do with the conversation.

      Delete
    16. Yeah I don't get how they date their charts either. In my posts I just put it down how they date it. And what Chase?

      Delete
    17. I'm in California walking on the beach, getting a suntan.

      Delete
  19. SPEAK ENGLISH YOU TWO!!! I DON'T UNDERSTAND EMOJIS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I could understand them if they actually had some relation to one another. These are just straight up random.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just posted that comment because I was, well, you know

    ReplyDelete
  22. Also, Adrian, I'm sure I mentioned this one already, but what are your thoughts on Greenlight by Pitbull featuring LunchMoney Lewis and Flo Rida? This one just dropped, and to say the least, I like it a lot better than Messin' Around. I mentioned that the problem I had with that one was that the production felt slow and weak. Here it's a step up, and the instrumentation is pretty good as well, with the saxophone in the chorus and the solid bassline.

    If it flops, this will be the first year since 2008 where Pitbull doesn't have a real hit (because he's had at least one song on every Year-End Hot 100 since 2009). Hits 1 hasn't been too kind to him since Timber, however.

    ReplyDelete
  23. #TeamMamaSaid
    #TeamLushLife
    #TeamLuv
    #TeamColdWater
    #TeamNoWildThings
    #TeamWild
    #TeamScarsToYourBeautiful
    #TeamNoITookAPillInIbiza
    #TeamNoYouth
    #TeamTooGood

    ReplyDelete
  24. Here are some people that are in the garbage right now. ., Triff, and We Are My Babies10.

    ReplyDelete
  25. #TeamNo.
    #TeamNoWeAreMyBabies10
    #TeamNoTriff
    #TeamLarry
    #TeamAdrianCarrazco
    #TeamCarolineAyan

    ReplyDelete
  26. Best Song: The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down

    Worst Song: DNCE- Cake By The Ocean
    (WHY ON EARTH IS THIS SONG STILL HERE!!!!!????)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm wondering when he's gonna put Cake By The Ocean in red for good. It was red for one week, but it's been turquoise since like February with a few weeks in yellow as well. I didn't want to hate the song, but I eventually realized how stupid it really is.

      Delete
    2. I don't exactly hate Cake By The Ocean just yet. But it is pretty close.

      Delete
    3. Wasn't it red at least once or twice though?

      Delete
    4. Yeah, on that 5-exit week in June I think. But that was it, it was turquoise again after that.

      Delete
  27. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  29. New Music Alert: Hit or Miss by Jacob Sartorius (not on Hits 1, thankfully)

    I only heard the 1:30 iTunes preview, and, well... From that much, I can only hope it's not the depressingly bad Sweatshirt. Haven't heard the whole song yet though.

    ReplyDelete
  30. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: James Bay - Hold Back the River

    ReplyDelete
  31. New on the Kworb radio chart:
    DJ Snake/George Maple - Talk
    Tory Lanez - Luv
    Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful
    Steve Aoki & Boehm/Walk The Moon - Back 2 U

    ReplyDelete
  32. This just in…









    Cheap Thrills by Sia featuring Sean Paul IS NOW THE #1 SONG ON THE BILLBOARD HOT 100! YES! SUCK IT, DRAKE!!!!! THIS IS WHAT YOU GET FOR NOT CARING AND BEING SO OVEREXPOSED AND NOT RELEASING THAT VIDEO! Hopefully this will do it for good, unlike CSTF. (Won't post the rest right now b/c on my phone)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rise also debuted at #11.
      -.

      Delete
    2. I'm just annoyed that Drake couldn't come too close to the record :/

      Delete
    3. 1. Cheap Thrills
      2. One Dance
      3. This is What You Came For
      4. Can't Stop the Feeling
      5. Don't Let Me Down
      6. Ride
      7. Needed Me
      8. Don't Mind
      9. Panda
      10. Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
      11. Rise
      17. Make Me
      24. Into You
      27. We Don't Talk Anymore
      28. All in My Head (Flex)
      35. I Hate U, I Love U
      40. Gold
      -.

      Delete
    4. 😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅

      Delete
    5. However… I don't know if it's time for the One Dance "be-gone" party just yet. Cheap Thrills may be #1 now, but it's only its first week, and it's not leading in any category (Rise is #1 in sales, One Dance is #1 on radio I think, and Panda is somehow still #1 on streaming despite the fact that it's dropping fast on Spotify). I mean, I doubt it's a huge concern, but I don't know if Cheap Thrills is in prime form to dethrone One Dance for good just yet.

      Delete
    6. @Parker: Not true. I read the Billboard article, and for radio it's One Dance, CSTF and Cheap Thrills (but it's not by much). If you don't believe me, here:

      "Dance" dips 2-3 on the overall Streaming Songs chart, which it led for a week (May 21), with 17.5 million U.S. streams (down 2 percent); scores a fourth week at No. 1 on Radio Songs as the most-heard song on U.S. airwaves (155 million in audience, down 3 percent); while, on Digital Songs, which it topped for two weeks, it slips 7-9 (56,000 downloads sold, down 5 percent). "Dance" rules Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart for a 12th week and the Songs of the Summer chart for an eighth week, having led the seasonal running tally each week since the ranking relaunched.

      Delete
  33. Hey look what I made! A pinkie sia doll! 😂😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  34. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=LLF6ucntkX8V8RrX97LyivZw

    My liked videos on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete