Thursday, July 14, 2016

America's Got Talent: Judge Cuts Episode 1

NOTE: If you do not care about America's Got Talent, you can stop reading here.

We are now in the Judge Cuts round and unlike last year where it was one new episode for four weeks, they decided to make it two new episodes for two weeks. So for two weeks, there are two new episodes of Judge Cuts each (one on Tuesday and Wednesday). Also, the live shows after this round will take place at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood (which is best known for hosting the Academy Awards ceremonies) as opposed to Radio City Music Hall in New York City.

Judge Cuts goes for four episodes and a total of 80 acts perform. Each episode, 20 acts perform and only 7 advance to the live shows out of those 20. So the pressure was on. Each episode, we have one new guest judge joining the judging panel. The guest judges are given one golden buzzer to use per episode on an act they really love, which immediately ensures them one of the 7 spots in the live shows.

So here are my reviews for Episode 1 of AGT's Judge Cuts, which aired on Tuesday night.


Episode 1:


This episode, R&B singer Ne-Yo was the guest judge and joined the judging panel with the four regular judges Howie Mandel, Mel B, Heidi Klum, and Simon Cowell.



~ Hara: Hara is a magician/illusionist. For this performance, he trapped himself inside this box/container with his hands chained together. Basically he had to break free of the chains before the rope above him burned off completely releasing knives to fall and stab through the box. The rope had burned off, the knives fell and stabbed in, and he was nowhere to be seen. He then appeared out of nowhere right in front of the judges scaring them. It definitely left me wondering how he did it and overall, I thought it was a great performance.



~ Philippe and Marie-Lee: These two are an acrobatic dance duo. The performance was basically just the guy lifting the girl up in all these crazy ways that look really hard. While it was interesting to watch, it wasn't anything spectacular that I think would go through.



~ Edgar: Edgar is a family band. The mother, Nikki, used to be Christian artist by the name of Nikki Leonti. She had music, tours, and pretty much everything. However, she got pregnant as a teenager and immediately lost the record deal and everything she had. She then had her daughter, Jaslyn, and married her current husband, Ryan, and soon enough they started doing music together as a family. For this performance, they did a cover of Let It Be by The Beatles, which I thought was a really great performance. They all have great voices and they sound amazing together. One of my favorites of the night.


~ Miniotics and Jumpers In Command (two acts): Miniotics are a dance group. Their act was rather boring and not that exciting. It was more of a throwaway act. Jumpers In Command are an acrobatic jump rope group. This act was a lot more boring as it was just simply them jump roping pretty much. Throwaway act.



~ Christopher: Christopher is a dancing puppeteer act. Basically he dances with four other life-size puppets. It's kinda dumb, but fun to watch at the same time. But with only 7 out of 20 acts going through, it's a tough competition and I wasn't "wowed" enough by this.



~ Brennley Brown: Brennley Brown is a fourteen-year-old singer. She really does have amazing voice for that age and the amount of control she has is incredible. However, the act was cut short. So that probably does not mean good news.



~ Lori Mae Hernandez: Lori is a stand-up comedian. She started doing comedy when she realized her father had some sort of disorder that prevented him from showing facial expressions. All she wanted to do was get him to smile and comedy was her way to do that. For her performance, she talked about what it's like being a tween. Growing up, she was a rather shy girl who barely talked. However, her performance was on point and she had such confidence on stage. And that Caitlyn Jenner reference was awesome.



~ Dangerous Stunt Acts: The dangerous stunts acts compilation includes two acts: John Ferraro and Jon Call. I honestly have no idea how either of them got through their auditions. John Ferraro was just awful as he was breaking things with his head and using it as a tool pretty much. He got buzzed by Mel B and Heidi Klum, but that act totally should've gotten all four X's. Just look at Ne-Yo's reaction all throughout the act. That's pretty much how I felt about it. Jon Call's act was just plain stupid as he did nothing but throw a gorilla to the ground and throwing a person at the judges. Both were throwaway acts.



~ Duo Guerrero: Duo Guerrero are a danger act couple who do tightrope walking. Their performance this time around was similar to their audition. However, to make it more dangerous, the woman had her face covered as she walked along the tightrope. I was really nervous watching this. Overall I thought it was entertaining.



~ Jon Dorenbos: Jon Dorenbos is a magician. He's well-known for being in the Philadelphia Eagles of the NFL. He has gone through a lot as his mother was murdered by his father. His father was then sentenced to thirteen years in prison and soon enough, Jon and his sister were adopted by their aunt and uncle. With all this going on, magic was his escape. For his performance, he had Ne-Yo pull out a card from his deck of cards and not knowing what it is, he attempted to draw it out, but purposely drew the wrong card saying that he meant to draw a deck of cards and that Ne-Yo's card was in there. After Ne-Yo showed him the card, a drawing of the card starting to come out of the deck of cards Jon had drawn. That performance was honestly mind-blowing to me. I not only love his magic, but his comedy as well. Clearly, Ne-Yo felt the same as he felt this was the appropriate moment to use his golden buzzer to ensure Jon one of the 7 spots in the live shows.



~ The Passing Zone: The Passing Zone consists of two members and they are jugglers. For their performance, they did knife throwing including Mel B and Howie Mandel in the act. Not only did they do their act well, but they are also great comedians.




~ Group Singers: The group singers compilation consists of two acts: Julian Davis and The Hayburners and Raii and Whitney Smith. Julian Davis and The Hayburners are a bluegrass group. Their act was cut short, so there's probably a reason we barely saw them. Raii and Whitney Smith are a singing duo. I loved their first audition, so it was kind of sad to see them get their act cut short like Julian Davis and The Hayburners. That obviously does not mean a good thing.



~ Ronee Martin: Ronee is a 62-year-old singer. She really does have an amazing voice and that definitely showed in this performance. She's definitely one of my favorite singers in the competition. She has so much soul and passion in her voice. She is without a doubt one of my favorites of the night. And does anyone else notice how she kinda looks like Whitney Houston?



~ Cory Kahaney: Cory is a comedian. Her act was cut short, and it was mostly focused on the little fight between Mel B and Simon Cowell. At least that was entertaining to watch.



~ Axel Perez: Axel is a 17-year-old extreme balancer. Let's just say I was on the edge of my seat watching this performance. It was definitely scary to watch, but thrilling at the same time. Overall, I thought it was a cool performance.



~ Rory Freeman: Rory is a contemporary dancer. He definitely dances with a lot of passion and I love to see these kinds of acts. However, the act had a very small amount of air time. So that must not be good news.


~ Linkin Bridge: Linkin Bridge is a beat boxing singing group. They came from a neighborhood where there were gangs and shootings and stuff like that. So life wasn't easy for these guys. Music was their escape. Their performance was fantastic. I could feel the emotion with every word they sang. They have such great harmonies. It was absolutely incredible. It's hard for people like them to pursue music in the neighborhood they live in. But I believe that they are going to go really far in this competition. They were excellent. My favorite performance of the night.


Results:


Acts Moving Forward:

  • Jon Dorenbos, magician (Golden Buzzer)
  • Ronee Martin, singer
  • The Passing Zone, comedic jugglers
  • Lori Mae Hernandez, comedian
  • Hara, magician
  • Edgar, family band
  • Linkin Bridge, A Capella singing group

My Top 5 Performances
1. Linkin Bridge
2. Jon Dorenbos
3. Edgar
4. Ronee Martin
5. Lori Mae Hernandez

160 comments:

  1. My Top 50 Songs of 7/16/16

    4. 22. 34. 50. Dark Necessities- Red Hot Chili Peppers
    3. 25. – 49. Don’t Threaten Me With A Good Time- Panic! At The Disco
    31. 9. – 48. Irresistible- Fall Out Boy/Demi Lovato
    18. 7. – 47. Dangerous Woman- Ariana Grande
    14. 10. 45. 46. Team- Iggy Azalea
    1. 45. – 45. Toothbrush- DNCE
    42. 1. 40. 44. Victorious- Panic! At The Disco [1 week @ #1]
    25. 2. 44. 43. 7 Years- Lukas Graham
    13. 20. 43. 42. Ain’t Your Mama- Jennifer Lopez
    7. 32. 37. 41. Church Bells- Carrie Underwood
    17. 15. 38. 40. Make Me Like You- Gwen Stefani
    38. 1. 41. 39. Emperor’s New Clothes- Panic! At The Disco [3 weeks @ #1]
    37. 1. 42. 38. Piece By Piece- Kelly Clarkson [3 weeks @ #1]
    20. 3. 39. 37. No- Meghan Trainor
    21. 11. 36. 36. Youth- Troye Sivan
    12. 20. 30. 35. Lush Life- Zara Larsson
    1. 34. – 34. Wildside- Sabrina Carpenter/Sofia Carson
    12. 16. 33. 33. If It Ain’t Love- Jason Derulo
    39. 1. 31. 32. Hello- Adele [10 weeks @ #1]
    35. 3. 29. 31. Middle- DJ Snake/Bipolar Sunshine
    3. 30. 35. 30. All In My Head (Flex) - Fifth Harmony/Fetty Wap
    13. 23. 28. 29. The Sound- 1975
    11. 21. 26. 28. Once In A While- Timeflies
    18. 7. 24. 27. The Sound Of Silence- Disturbed
    20. 8. 21. 26. America’ Sweetheart- Elle King
    9. 25. 25. 25. Figure Me Out- The Summer Set
    20. 9. 24. 24. Wild Things- Alessia Cara
    3. 23. 32. 23. Hymn For The Weekend- Coldplay/Beyoncé
    20. 2. 23. 22. Army- Ellie Goulding
    20. 1. 20. 21. New Romantics- Taylor Swift [1 week @ #1]
    15. 7. 19. 20. Sit Still Look Pretty- Daya
    22. 6. 18. 19. Needed Me- Rihanna
    23. 1. 17. 18. Work- Rihanna/Drake [6 weeks @ #1]
    3. 17. 27. 17. Final Song- MØ
    13. 12. 12. 16. Let It Go- James Bay
    16. 10. 15. 15. Close- Nick Jonas/Tove Lo
    22. 6. 9. 14. Never Be Like You- Flume/Kai
    17. 10. 14. 13. Ride- Twenty One Pilots
    6. 12. 13. 12. I Wanna Know- Alesso/Nico & Vinz
    5. 7. 11. 11. Don’t Mind- Kent Jones
    24. 1. 10. 10. I Took A Pill In Ibiza- Mike Posner/SeeB [3 weeks @ #1]
    23. 8. 16. 9. Don’t Let Me Down- The Chainsmokers/Daya
    21. 1. 7. 8. Never Forget You- Zara Larsson/MNEK [1 week @ #1]
    19. 6. 6. 7. Unsteady- X Ambassadors
    36. 1. 4. 6. Stressed Out- Twenty One Pilots [5 weeks @ #1]
    10. 5. 5. 5. Into You- Ariana Grande
    10. 1. 1. 4. Can’t Stop The Feeling- Justin Timberlake [5 weeks @ #1]
    22. 3. 3. 3. Cheap Thrills- Sia/Sean Paul
    10. 2. 2. 2. Send My Love (To Your New Lover) - Adele
    14. 1. 8. 1. Just Like Fire- P!nk [1st week @ #1]

    Biggest Drop: Dark Necessities- Red Hot Chili Peppers (-16)
    Biggest Jump: Final Song- MØ (+10)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I did say that Just Like Fire has been growing on me, so I'm cool with it being #1 there. B)

      Delete
    2. My Top 50 Song of 2016:
      One Dance should debut the countdown this week.

      Delete
    3. SHUT THE FUCK UP CHASE!!!!!! NONE OF YOUR COMMENTS HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING!!!!!!!

      Delete
    4. I thought you hated One Dance, Chase.

      Delete
    5. Wow I did not see that #1 song coming!

      Delete
    6. I said a new #1 was coming. What'd you expect condemns? I'm kidding, but seriously, did you expect Cheap Thrills or Send My Love (To Your New Lover) to be my new #1?

      Delete
    7. Probably Send My Love (To Your New Lover). If not that Cheap Thrills I just really didn't think you would put Just Like Fire at #1 for some reason. Nice chart though!

      Delete
    8. At least I got one good comment about my chart.

      Delete
  2. The dangerous stunts thing was AWESOME! I don't know how someone could possibly hate that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only good thing that I got out of it was that I was laughing at how stupid it was.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Available for voting on Hits 1: Troye Sivan/Alessia Cara - Wild

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It hasn't been played yet because I searched "Wild" and nothing came up besides Wild Things' 8 matches...all on Monday. 4-weeker, possibly? I hope not.

      Delete
    2. Sorry, I was lying (accidentally). Wild was played once today. But the Wild Things stuff is true.

      Delete
    3. Available for voting on Hits 1: Zara Larsson - Lush Life

      Delete
  4. 2 5 Seconds of Summer Girls Talk Boys 7/14/2016 9:11:34 AM
    2 Demi Lovato Body Say 7/14/2016 9:08:22 AM
    WHAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Body say is okay, haven't heard GTB yet

      Delete
    2. I love Body Say!

      Also the Hitbound entrants probably will be:

      Girls Talk Boys
      Body Say
      Wild
      Hymn For The Weekend

      And if Chase isn't lying maybe Lush Life so probably something like All About Us, The Sound Of Silence, or Hello Friday might leave Hitbound. The entrants are pretty obvious:

      Say
      One Dance
      The Sound
      Mama Said

      Delete
    3. All About Us should debut the countdown already.

      Delete
  5. Alrigths guys let's play a little game! I will choose one random lyric from each song on COAEP right now and you guys will have to guess what songs they are from. Here we go:

    1. I fly so high no ceiling when I'm in my zone
    2. There's never much love when we go OT
    3. If you had a twin I would still choose you
    4. Dip dip straight to your doorstep
    5. Hardly ever do my own stunts
    6. I'm tryna chill with you, throwing bills at you
    7. Underneath the disco lights, it's alright
    8. Diamonds in your eyes cover your lies
    9. Life is a drink and love's a drug
    10. So name a game to play and I'll roll a dice
    11. How you want it, English or Spanish?
    12. This time I ain't gonna run away
    13. He was wavy doing mixtapes out of your basement
    14. Coco white, you know my smile's bae
    15. They wanna tame your desire
    16. To feel a little more and give a little less
    17. Her weed come with diplomas
    18. You just buzzed the front gate
    19. Seeing the same film again
    20. Maybe we're helping each other escape
    21. Hurry up now I need a miracle
    22. I say "your place" when we leave
    23. Don't play the victim when you're with me
    24. Forget all the players what they did
    25. Saw your face and got inspired

    Note that these are in a random order. Answers will be revealed tomorrow after the Hitbound entrants are announced. Now get guessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Without looking at COAEP...
      1. CSTF
      2. One Dance
      3. Work
      17. Don't Mind
      21. DLMD
      24. I've listened to this one, I just forget what it is!

      Delete
    2. 1. Can't Stop The Feeling
      2. One Dance
      3. Work
      17. Don't Mind
      21. Don't Let Me Down

      I don't know the rest. I don't listen to that much rap.

      Delete
    3. 15. Light it Up
      *looks at COAEP*
      22. TIWYCF
      24. No Broken Hearts

      Delete
    4. 1. Can't Stop The Feeling
      2. One Dance
      3. Work
      9. Hymn For The Weekend
      17. Don't Mind
      21. Don't Let Me Down
      24. No Broken Hearts

      That all I know. :P

      Delete
    5. Also next week I'm expanding COAEP to 30 spots instead of 25

      Delete
    6. Wait. I got more.

      8. I Wanna Know
      10. Into You
      22. This Is What You Came For

      Delete
    7. 1. CSTF
      2. One Dance
      3. Work
      4. For Free
      5. Wobbin
      6. All In My Head (Flex)
      7. Final Song
      8. I Wanna Know
      9. Hymn For The Weekend
      10. Into You
      11. Messin' Around
      12. No Money
      13. Weston Road Flaws
      14. In My Room
      15. Light It Up
      16. Needed Me
      17. Don't Mind
      18. Controlla
      19. Talk
      20. Perfect Strangers
      21. DLMD
      22. TIWYCF
      23. Too Good
      24. No Broken Hearts
      25. Like I Would

      I had to look quite a few of these up though! :D

      Delete
    8. I never said lol and what do you even mean?

      Delete
  6. PLEASE vote for my summer soundtrack:
    goo.gl/forms/aK46NSTe2iocwpuk1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey guys! Did you heard of Grace Vaanderwall? The sing she sang in her audition is a original! COOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And isn't it Vanderwaal?

      Delete
    2. I don't know how it's spelled. But yeah she was really good.

      Delete
    3. #TeamParkerScott
      #TeamHiThere
      #TeamMikeyRossy
      #TeamChristineGregory
      #TeamNoArianaGrande

      Delete
    4. What does that have to do with Grace Vanderwaal???

      Delete
    5. Its Chase, what do you expect? He says the most ridiculous and dumbest comments I've ever seen.

      Delete
  8. I was playing Slither.io with the nickname DJ Khaled Is Awesome and I got 31,000 points and #1 on my server! Let's goooo!!! 🔑🔑🔑

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I play that game sometimes too! It's pretty fun and wow that's big I've only gotten that big a few times. And your name does speak the truth.

      Delete
    2. You picked DJ Khaled because all you do is win, win, win no matter what!

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  9. So, shameless advertising that's unrelated to the topic at hand, but here's my promised 1,000 pageview special:
    http://sxmh1wc.blogspot.com/2016/07/1000-pageview-special-billboard-2015.html
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That has nothing to do with the original comment!

      Delete
    2. Wait never mind that wasn't a reply but those aren't the results that makes no sense!!!!

      Delete
  11. ATTENTION: Lush Life is NOT available for voting on Hits 1. And I am very, well...stupid for not getting #12 on Parker's COAEP lyrics thing. I know the song and the lyrics and I didn't even get it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. AT40 predictions:

    Exits:
    Roses
    Panda

    Entrants:
    Into You (at #31)
    Needed Me (at #37)

    Top 5:
    5. TIWYCF
    4. Dangerous Woman
    3. CSTF
    2. One Dance
    1. DLMD (2nd week at #1)

    Let's see if I'm right or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also tomorrow on COAEP there will be TWELVE (yes, you read that correctly) entrants.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. You have half the number of songs on your chart compared to mine, and even I wouldn't get rid of that many songs on my chart in 1 week. I'd probably get rid of 10 at the most, if possible.

      Delete
    4. My chart normally has a lot of exits so yeah

      Delete
    5. The average number of exits I have is like 4.

      Delete
    6. Once I had 15, but that was after a month. I think the most I've had in a week so far is like 8 or 9.

      Delete
  13. I know I have a serious addiction to advertising, but the full BBH100 post is out! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favorite songs of each year since 2010:
    2015: Katy Tiz - Whistle While You Work It
    2014: Ellie Goulding - Burn
    2013: Avril Lavigne - Here's To Never Growing Up
    2012: Nicki MInaj - Starships
    2011: Katy Perry - Last Friday Night
    2010: Ke$ha - Tik Tok

    Please post yours!

    -FruitFarmer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2015: Uptown Funk!- Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars
      2014: Happy- Pharrell Williams
      2013: Roar- Katy Perry
      2012: Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)- Kelly Clarkson
      2011: Rolling In The Deep- Adele
      2010: Teenage Dream- Katy Perry

      Delete
    2. I like every song on your list.
      Explanation for mine:
      Katy TIz - Whistle While You Work It: Underrated, but awesome vocals. I like the whistling and the tune.
      Ellie Goulding - Burn: The chorus is amazing, especially the high notes.
      Avril Lavigne - Here's To Never Growing Up: This song is soooo catchy.
      Nicki Minaj - Starships: Both the rapping and singing are awesome.
      Katy Perry - Last Friday Night: Nobody has this as their favorite Katy Perry song. Her vocals, the beat, the melody, all outstanding in this song. The music video is interesting too.
      Ke$ha - Tik Tok: It totally got the success that it deserved. Her rapping is fantastic, and her singing is also really good.

      -FruitFarmer

      Delete
    3. *coughs* I am not feeling good right now.

      Delete
    4. 2015: Wiz Khalifa/Charlie Puth - See You Again
      2014: Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX - Fancy
      2013: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis/Ray Dalton - Can't Hold Us
      2012: Idk, don't know too much music from that year
      2011: Same
      2010: Eminem/Lil Wayne - No Love

      Delete
  15. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh! It happened again! The attack in Nice, France runied my language!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CALM THE FUCK DOWN LEAH!!!! We get it, another terrorist attack happened on a very important national holiday in France, but is it really all that shocking anymore. Seriously, calm down Leah.

      Delete
    2. Yeah Brussels and Paris had shootings MONTHS ago! Glad the dramas over now.:) it just had to do with a truck.

      Delete
    3. That's not what I meant Leah. I mean that terrorists attacking is not a shock to me anymore, because I know what the aftermath is gonna be. World leaders condemn it with the same rhetoric of promises against terrorists, mourning ensues, increase in bombing and activity in Iraq, and then after a week everything goes back to normal, until the next terrorist attack happens. Its nothing but a cycle that just keeps on repeating.

      Delete
    4. Well remy told me on Instagram

      Delete
    5. And I heard about it yesterday evening.

      Delete
  16. Hits 1 Recommendations:
    James Bay - Hold Back the River
    COLDPLAY - Up&Up
    Alessia Cara - Scars to Your Beautiful
    Zara Larsson - Lush Life
    Pitbull/Robin Thicke/Joe Perry/Travis Barker - Bad Man
    MAGIC!/Sean Paul - Lay You Down Easy
    Jacob Whitesides - Secrets
    Nathan Sykes/G-Eazy - Give it Up
    Flo Rida/Arianna - Who Did You Love
    Rihanna - Sledgehammer
    Melanie Martinez - Pity Party
    Ellie Goulding - Army
    Elle King - Make You Smile
    Derulo - Naked

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More Hits 1 Recommendations:
      Usher - Crash
      Kungs vs Cookin on 3 Burners - This Girl
      Disturbed - The Light
      |-/ - Heathens
      Florida Georgia Line - H.O.L.Y.
      Drake/Rihanna - Too Good
      Olly Murs - You Don't Know Love
      Kanye West - Fade

      Delete
    2. Okay, I get that these are songs that one could potentially recommend to us, but Hits 1 is not going to see this.

      Delete
    3. Hold Back The River is from 2015 and will never make the countdown!

      Bad Man, Army, Lush Life, and Pity Party flopped a while ago.

      We get you love Lay You Down Easy and Secrets but they are never going to make the countdown.

      I have no idea who Derulo or |-/ are.

      And a lot of them were probably never going to hear on Hits 1.

      Delete
    4. I think he mean's Twenty One Pilots and Jason Derulo.

      Delete
  17. New Music Alert!!!
    Britney Spears/G-Eazy - Make Me...
    Katy Perry - Rise
    5 Seconds of Summer - Girls Talk Boys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa, just woke up and saw Rise on iTunes. But listening to the sample from iTunes, it does feel like a rehash of Roar, except better.

      But knowing Katy Perry's fans, they'll still go crazy for it. After over two months dominating the iTunes chart, Can't Stop the Feeling has finally lost its #1 position. But I'm okay with that - let's hope Katy Perry can have another #1 and end this stupid reign for One Dance already!

      Delete
    2. CSTF lost the #1 position a few times.

      Delete
    3. True, by Treat You Better, For Free and What The World Needs Now Is Love (and maybe one or two other songs I don't remember), but they were all extremely short-lived. This time it looks like it's for good, though. Although Katy Perry I understand, but Britney Spears? Oh boy...

      Delete
    4. I haven't heard any of them yet actually. I'm pretty sure Girls Talk Boys will be awesome! I hope Rise isn't like Roar cause Roar sucked. I also have no idea what to expect in Make Me…, I have a feeling it'll have a hip hop feel cause G Eazy is in it but hopefully it isn't trash.

      Delete
    5. I just listened to Rise, and... I like it. I don't love it as much as some of her older songs, like Firework, Teenage Dream, Waking Up In Vegas, or Roar, but I think its a good song.

      Delete
    6. Parker, I think you're gonna hate Rise, and Girls Talk Boys. Not so sure about Make Me though.

      Delete
    7. Just listened to all three. Here's a review of each:

      Make Me is a really good song. Definitely recommend you listen to it if you haven't yet.

      Rise is pretty good as well. It's her best song yet.

      Girls Talk Boys is just awful. That's all I have to say about it.

      Delete
    8. I kinda expected you to like Make Me.

      I thought you said her best song was Dark Horse.

      I'm not surprised you hate another 5sos song.

      Delete
    9. Katy Perry's best song was Dark Horse, but Rise is better.

      Delete
    10. I disagree with you about Dark Horse, because its so not Katy Perry. But I will agree that Rise is a good song.

      Delete
    11. Make Me is pretty good. I know a lot of people have been awaiting a Britney comeback. Obviously it doesn't top her older stuff, but it's a good comeback.

      Rise is pretty good too. But it doesn't top her older stuff like Teenage Dream, E.T., Dark Horse, etc. I personally loved Dark Horse because it was a completely different sound for her and it really stood out to me on that album. Although I did not love the music video. I felt the Egyptian theme did not really fit the song.

      Girls Talk Boys is really not that appealing, especially after listening to Sounds Good Feels Good with amazing singles like Jet Black Heart. But it's listenable. I may grow into the song. But for the time being, it's just okay.

      Delete
    12. I haven't listened to Make Me, and I hope its better than the atrocity that was Pretty Girls.

      Rise is pretty good, but it doesn't top her older stuff like Teenage Dream, Firework, Waking Up In Vegas, Roar, etc. I hated the new sound in Dark Horse. It sounded way too much southern rap/trap which does not fit for Katy Perry at all. The music video is atrocious, one of the worst videos I've seen for a music video since Baby. I hate how their is no real payoff at the end of the chorus, there's no real drop. The lyrics barely make any sense. The only part I think kinda makes sense is in the chorus, but doesn't Katy realize that a Dark Horse is someone who wins in a come from behind victory that almost no one expected to win. And then you have Juicy J... I hate his verse.

      Haven't listened to Girls Talk Boys, because I don't think I'll ever listen to it on the radio.

      Delete
  18. King should re-enter the countdown very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. King was never even on the countdown, it was on Hitbound a year ago. Do you really think it is going to re-enter the countdown?

      Delete
  19. In addition to what's already been said for the Ghostbusters soundtrack with 5 Seconds of Summer, and Elle King... Walk the Moon AND Pentatonix have covers of the original Ghostbusters theme. And I've heard the movie was better than I'm sure everyone was expecting it to be... We'll see though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking at the score for the new Ghostbusters movie on Rotten Tomatoes, and It got a 73% and 44% of the audience actually liked it. And yet, the Ghostbusters official trailer is currently the 9th most hated video on YouTube with almost 1 million dislikes.

      Delete
  20. Well, my AT40 predictions were pretty much on point. The only thing I got wrong is that there was only one entrant/exit, and they were Needed Me and Roses, respectively. My top 5 prediction was exactly right.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Man that puppet dude was amazing i would've lived to see that guy again

    ReplyDelete
  22. Make Me is really good but it is definitely not as good as her old stuff like Baby One More Time, Toxic, and Womanizer.

    Rise is really good as well, her older music is better though, but it's still a good song.

    Girls Talk Boys is boring and I honestly despise it. It's such a disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my opinions are the same.

      I really like Rise and Make Me though, they both have a vibe (I guess) that I like and G-Eazy is on Make Me so I love it.

      Rise is a very good song and Katy's vocals in this one are great! I'd give both songs a 9/10

      Delete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More Hit-Bound Entrants:
      |-/ - Heathens
      Zara Larsson - Lush Life

      -Chasetronaut in the House

      Delete
    2. What the hell Hits 1? You're not even going to think about more popular songs such as Into You, All In My Head, and Needed Me?

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hit-Bound Entrants:
      Troye Sivan/Alessia Cara - Wild
      5SOS - Girls Talk Boys
      Demi Lovato - Body Say
      TWENTY ØNE PILØTS - Heathens
      Zara Larsson - Lush Life

      -Chasetronaut in the House

      Delete
  25. Third time's the charm. I will keep doing this until Chase stops commenting fake Hit-Bound entrants.

    ALL OFFICIAL HITS 1 TWEETED HIT-BOUND ENTRANTS
    Troye Sivan/Alessia Cara - Wild
    5 Seconds of Summer - Girls Talk Boys
    Demi Lovato - Body Say
    THAT IS IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #no.
      #nogirlstalkboys
      #heathens
      #lushlife
      #nomileswashcalus
      #noparkerscott
      #nowamb10
      #nowildthings
      #nostressedout
      #nocantstopthefeeling

      -Chasetronaut in the House

      Delete
    2. #.
      #girlstalkboys
      #noheathens
      #lushlife
      #mileswashcalus
      #parkerscott
      #wamb10
      #wildthings
      #stressedout
      #cantstopthefeeling

      Delete
    3. I meant #nostressedout.

      Delete
    4. #7years
      #gunshotsfired
      #chasetronautinthehouse

      -Chasetronaut in the House

      Delete
    5. #team.
      #teamnogirlstalkboys
      #teamsortaheathens
      #teamlushlife
      #teamsortamiles
      #teamultramyself
      #teamsortawamb10
      #teamsortawildthings
      #teamnostressedout
      #teamcantstopthefeeling

      Delete
  26. I actually have a twitter so I can check Hits 1's twitter and see what they really are. So here are the real Hitbound entrants:

    Demi Lovato - Body Say
    Troye Sivan/Alessia Cara - Wild
    5SOS - Girls Talk Boys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *gunshots fired*
      Now you two are in the garbage.

      -Chasetronaut in the House

      Delete
    2. Miles, please help us.

      Delete
    3. #nomileswashcalus
      #hesgone
      #no.
      #noparkerscott
      #gunshotsfired

      -Chasetronaut in the House

      Delete
    4. #parkerwatchyourlanguage

      -Chasetronaut in the House

      Delete
    5. I'm sorry, but when Chase is doing this to everyone except me, sometimes I can't help but laugh sometimes at this stupidity.

      Delete
    6. Same here!

      -Chasetronaut in the House

      Delete
    7. I knew he was going to say that. :/

      Delete
    8. I wonder if Chase even laughs at his own comments. Because I do.

      Delete
    9. This would kinda be what he said:

      "When I am doing this to everyone except me, sometimes I can't help but laugh sometimes at this stupidity."

      Delete
    10. You just took what I just said about Chase.

      Delete
  27. Also guys sorry for the delay on COAEP I had my championship swim meet today. I'll have it out ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Breaking News:

    Reports of an attempted military coup d'état in Turkey, as the military leaders say they have taken control of the country!

    At least 84 people killed in Nice, France, after a truck drove through a crowd of people celebrating Bastille Day!

    Donald Trump announces Former Indiana Governor Mike Pence as his Vice Presidential pick!

    I'm Miles Washcalus, and now back to your regularly scheduled commenting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great reporting. But I heard about the Nice thing yesterday. #Pray

      Delete
    2. So, nothing about the coup in Turkey or the VP pick?

      Delete
    3. Don't forget about Von Miller getting a new deal with the Broncos

      Delete
    4. Nothing about the coup, but #TeamNoTrumpAndPence

      Delete
    5. Parker, no one really cares about the deal with Von Miller and the Broncos, because that's not breaking news.

      Delete
    6. You're kinda right, but after all he's the defending Super Bowl MVP.

      Delete
  29. I know I've said this a million times, but PLEASE vote for your favorite Hits 1 songs! You can vote more than once too! Voting will close in a couple of hours!
    http://goo.gl/forms/1MubK6TqKev7F0a83

    ReplyDelete