Friday, June 3, 2016

Taylor Swift (1) – Week Of May 28, 2016


So........yeah. I apologize for this post being posted several days later than usual. More on what's been happening with me down in the blurbs. This weekend was Memorial Day Weekend and to celebrate, we had bonus summer hits from previous years mixed into the countdown this week. How fun! Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.


  • Taylor Swift – Out Of The Woods (#34) [x2]
  • Ellie Goulding – Something In The Way You Move (#45)

Last Week's #1 Song: Panic! At The Disco – Victorious
The Countdown
45. G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha – Me, Myself, and I (#43)
Bonus Summer Hit: 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect
44. We The Kings – The Story Of Tonight (#44)
43. Rihanna/Drake – Work (#41)
42. Gwen Stefani – Make Me Like You (#42)
41. The Chainsmokers/Rozes – Roses (#36)
Bonus Summer Hit: Imagine Dragons – Radioactive
40. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello – I Know What You Did Last Summer (#40)
39. Tryon – Somebody To Love Me (#38)
38. Adele – Hello (#37) [12 Weeks At #1]
Bonus Summer Hit: Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy
37. One Direction – Perfect (#23) [2 Weeks At #1]
36. Timeflies – Once In A While (DEBUT)
35. Rachel Platten – Stand By You (#31)
Bonus Summer Hit: Carly Rae Jepsen – Call Me Maybe
34. The Weeknd – In The Night (#30)
33. Justin Bieber – Sorry (#32)
32. Fall Out Boy/Demi Lovato – Irresistible (#26)
Bonus Summer Hit: LMFAO – Party Rock Anthem
31. Charlie Puth – One Call Away (#29) [2 Weeks At #1]
30. Elle King – America's Sweetheart (#15)
29. Nick Jonas/Tove Lo – Close (#33)
Bonus Summer Hit: Walk The Moon – Shut Up and Dance
28. Calvin Harris/Rihanna – This Is What You Came For (DEBUT)
27. Meghan Trainor – No (#20)
26. Grace – You Don't Own Me (#27)
Bonus Summer Hit: One Direction – What Makes You Beautiful
25. The Summer Set – Figure Me Out (#39)
24. Daya – Sit Still, Look Pretty (#25)
23. Justin Bieber – Love Yourself (#14)
Bonus Summer Hit: fun./Janelle Monae – We Are Young
22. Jason Derulo – If It Ain't Love (#24)
21. X Ambassadors – Unsteady (#35)
20. Ariana Grande – Dangerous Woman (#18)
Bonus Summer Hit: Maroon 5 – Love Somebody
19. Zara Larsson/MNEK – Never Forget You (#21)
18. P!nk – Just Like Fire (#22)
17. The Chainsmokers/Daya – Don't Let Me Down (#19)
Bonus Summer Hit: Taylor Swift – Bad Blood
16. Twenty One Pilots – Ride (#28)
15. Selena Gomez – Hands To Myself (#12)
14. Lukas Graham – 7 Years (#6)
Bonus Summer Hit: Zedd/Foxes – Clarity
13. Troye Sivan – Youth (#5)
12. DNCE – Cake By The Ocean (#3) [4 Weeks At #1]
11. Fifth Harmony – Work From Home (#9)
Bonus Summer Hit: Robin Thicke/Pharrell/T.I. – Blurred Lines
10. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Jet Black Heart (#13)
  9. Mike Posner/SeeB – I Took A Pill In Ibiza (#17)
  8. James Bay – Let It Go (#11)
Bonus Summer Hit: Katy Perry – E.T.
  7. Flo Rida – My House (#4) [1 Week At #1]
  6. Twenty One Pilots – Stressed Out (#2) [5 Weeks At #1]
  5. Zayn Malik – Pillowtalk (#8)
Bonus Summer Hit: Demi Lovato – Cool For The Summer
  4. Panic! At The Disco – Victorious (#1) [1 Week At #1]
  3. One Direction – History (#10)
Bonus Summer Hit: Magic! – Rude
  2. Justin Timberlake – Can't Stop The Feeling! (#16)
  1. Taylor Swift – New Romantics (#7) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Wiz Khalifa/Charlie Puth – See You Again

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Elle King – America's Sweetheart (–15)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Tie Between X Ambassadors – Unsteady, Justin Timberlake – Can't Stop The Feeling, and The Summer Set – Figure Me Out (+14)

New Entrants
~ Our first debut comes from long-time Hit-Bound veteran, Timeflies – Once In A While. This song is pretty catchy and I can jam out to it every now and then. It's not something that I'll really remember in a year. But it's a nice song right now. Overall, I like it.

~ Who remembers 2011's We Found Love by Rihanna featuring Calvin Harris? That song was pretty irresistible and undeniably catchy and it was a big score for Rihanna being one of her many #1 songs here in the United States. The two teamed up again this year with the new track, This Is What You Came For, which I believe is a huge step down from We Found Love. Both artists have their good and bad moments in this song. Calvin Harris did a nice job with the build up in the chorus, but the beat drop is one of the laziest and most uninteresting beat drops I've ever heard, especially when compared to some of his biggest hits (i.e. I Need Your Love, Summer, Blame, etc.). Very disappointing, Calvin. This is not really something I can get down to at a party. Rihanna's vocals are pretty good for the most part, especially during the chorus with the build up in the background. But when the beat drops, apparently it was believed that her constantly emphasizing the word "you" would make up for the lousy drop, and it does not. In fact, it's really annoying. Unfortunately, due to its moderate success so far, I fear that Calvin Harris actually believes this sound is good for future singles and possibly an album, which is not good. I don't hate the song. There are parts that I enjoy. But it has an overall lazy production that I would like to not have to hear from the highest paid DJ in pretty much the entire universe. Overall, this song is a little bit of a disappointment. I was expecting more. But whatever. I guess it could be worse.

Hit-Bound
~ Here is the Hit-Bound list:


  • Magic!/Sean Paul – Lay You Down Easy
  • Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez – We Don't Talk Anymore
  • Ruth B. – Lost Boy
  • Pitbull/Enrique Iglesias – Messin' Around
  • Bebe Rexha/Nicki Minaj – No Broken Hearts
  • All Time Low – Missing You
  • Meghan Trainor – Me Too
  • Hailee Steinfeld/DNCE – Rock Bottom
  • Sia/Sean Paul – Cheap Thrills
  • Disturbed – The Sound of Silence
  • Selena Gomez – Kill Em With Kindness
  • OneRepublic – Wherever I Go
  • Symon – Say
  • The 1975 – The Sound

Top 5 Hit-Bound
1. OneRepublic – Wherever I Go
2. Disturbed – The Sound of Silence
3. Bebe Rexha/Nicki Minaj – No Broken Hearts
4. Pitbull/Enrique Iglesias – Messin' Around
5. Hailee Steinfeld/DNCE – Rock Bottom

Blurbs Are What You Came For
~ Another (un)surprisingly new Top 3. New Romantics hitting #1 isn't too surprising considering Hits 1's love for Taylor Swift. Can't Stop The Feeling thinks it can be our next #1 song on its fourth week. Due to an increase in airplay and it airing as "Most Wutchuwanted", I think it has a chance. History shouldn't even be in the Top 3.

~ Mike Posner – I Took A Pill In Ibiza made a lovely jump into the Top 10 this week while we had a nice departure from DNCE – Cake By The Ocean. Every now and then (or more often) we need a fusion of out-with-the-old-and-in-with-the-new.

~ The Weeknd – In The Night should be gone. I hate when a song finally leaves, but then re-enters and stays for too long. Who could possibly be voting for this song?

~ Zayn Malik – Pillowtalk should not be in the Top 5. It had its time to shine. Now it needs to make it's journey out of the countdown.

~ Selena Gomez – Hands To Myself should also not be in the Top 15. I still find this song awfully annoying. And we still don't have any good music from her coming soon. -_-

~ P!nk – Just Like Fire needs to move up into the Top 10 soon. This song is just too awesome to stay the low teens area.

~ X Ambassadors – Unsteady is actually gaining some popularity right now. The comeback didn't surprise me.

~ Very saddening that Ellie Goulding – Something In The Way You Move had to leave the countdown. I will remember it as one of the best songs of the year.

~ Nick Jonas/Tove Lo – Close has finally ascended above #30.

~ Unfortunately, Calvin Harris and Taylor Swift have broken up. I've been rooting for them ever since they started dating and now they have split, which I find to be extremely saddening. Oh well.

~ So I think I should explain where I've been for the past week. I've been sick, probably the sickest I've been in a long time. It started on Thursday last week when I got home and I was shivering cold. Turns out I had a fever. I had to miss school on Friday even though it was my last day of school and I was sick all the way through Tuesday. Wednesday, I was feeling a little better, but I had to go in to make up the final exams I missed on Friday and when I got home I still wasn't feeling 100%. I was feeling better on Thursday (yesterday), but it was my brother's eighth grade graduation ceremony and I had to be there for that. So here I am blogging for you today. I'm hoping I don't have to go through that crappy feeling again for a long time. I don't get sick that often, so what I went through was pretty bad. But I'm feeling better for the most part now. So yeah.

Throwback Pick Of The Week: Robbie Williams/Kylie Minogue – Kids

Most Missed Countdown Song: Gotye/Kimbra – Somebody That I Used To Know

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Prince Fox/Hailee Steinfeld – Fragile

Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: David Guetta/Nicki Minaj/Afrojack – Hey Mama

My Top 5 Picks
1. P!nk – Just Like Fire
2. Mike Posner – I Took A Pill In Ibiza
3. James Bay – Let It Go
4. Troye Sivan – Youth
5. G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha – Me, Myself, & I

Top 5 Bonus Songs
1. Carly Rae Jepsen – Call Me Maybe
2. Katy Perry – E.T.
3. LMFAO – Party Rock Anthem
4. fun./Janelle Monae – We Are Young
5. Maroon 5 – Love Somebody

102 comments:

  1. After reading this "thing" I have come to a conclusion.

    I need to work on being the one to always hold that big, fat, juicy L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. why does adrian always post when I postπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ jk jk but t45 mania is out so go check it out πŸ‘‡πŸ½
    http://hiits1weekendcountdown.blogspot.com/2016/06/t45-mania-june-3rd-2016.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out Of The Woods left for its 2nd time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, this was you before I came along:
      😝

      Now that I have come, this is you:
      πŸ˜ͺπŸ”«

      And here's me:
      πŸ€‘

      And here's Chase:
      πŸ™ƒ

      Finally, here's Chase's mom:
      πŸ’©

      There's also my servant who I don't really want to talk about. So yeah. And I'm changing my profile pic at the moment.

      Delete
    2. It was on the countdown for 1 week in 2014.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. W-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-what just happened?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, you came back!

    I feel the same way about This Is What You Came For. Its not as good as We Found Love, or even Where Have You Been. Its a step down for both of them and its disappointing.

    I really like Once In A While.

    The bonus hits were overall great... except Blurred Lines.

    Work From Home needs to drop out soon. I'm getting sick of hearing that same beat pattern, Camila's awful voice, and the repetitive chorus and some of the worst lyrics I've ever heard since Thong Song became a thing.

    I know I'm not the only one who doesn't really care if New Romantics is #1, because I really like Taylor and I really like this song. Also why did Taylor and Calvin broke up? I thought they were really good together, especially since Ellie Goulding was the one who set them up.

    Finally, Cake By The Ocean is out of the top 10 for the first time in months.

    History does not deserve that jump in the top 3 at all.

    I'm glad Unsteady made a big jump. Now let's get it into the top 10.

    Lost Boy shouldn't even be on Hit-Bound anymore. Its just so boring, and yet its very popular, considering its in the top 40 on Billboard.

    Finally, Just Like Fire and Never Be Like You are in the top 20.

    Am I the only one who likes Rude?

    Top 5:
    1. Can't Stop The Feeling- Justin Timberlake
    2. Never Forget You- Zara Larsson/MNEK
    3. Just Like Fire- P!nk
    4. New Romantics- Taylor Swift
    5. Sit Still, Look Pretty- Daya

    Bottom 5:
    1. Work From Home- Fifth Harmony
    2. One Call Away- Charlie Puth
    3. History- One Direction
    4. Perfect- One Direction
    5. Love Yourself- Justin Bieber

    Top 10 Bonus Summer Hits:
    1. Clarity- Zedd/Foxes
    2. Call Me Maybe- Carly Rae Jepsen
    3. Radioactive- Imagine Dragons
    4. Cool For The Summer- Demi Lovato
    5. Party Rock Anthem- LMFAO
    6. Shut Up And Dance- Walk The Moon
    7. E.T- Katy Perry
    8. we Are Young- fun./Janelle Monae
    9. Rude- Magic
    10. She Looks So Perfect- 5 Seconds Of Summer

    Throwback Picks:
    Believe- Cher
    Hero- Mariah Carey
    I Believe I Can Fly- R. Kelly
    My Heart Will Go On- Celine Dion
    We Will Rock You- Queen
    Baba O' Riley- The Who
    Smooth- Santana/Rob Thomas
    Nothing Compares 2 U- Snead O'Connor
    Vogue- Madonna
    Hold On- Wilson Phillips
    I Don't Wanna Cry- Mariah Carey
    Black Or White- Michael Jackson
    I Will Always Love You- Whitney Houston
    The Sign- Ace Of Base
    Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)- Los Del Rio
    Mo Money, Mo Problems- The Notorious B.I.G/Puff Daddy/Mase
    Un-Break My Heart- Toni Braxton
    Wannabe- The Spice Girls
    Hypnotize- The Notorious B.I.G
    Candle In The Wind 1997- Elton John
    Gettin' Jiggy With It- Will Smith
    One Week- The Barenaked Ladies
    ... Baby One More Time- Britney Spears
    Livin' la Vida Loca- Ricky Martin
    Genie In A Bottle- Christina Aguilera
    Lose Yourself- Eminem
    Temperature- Sean Paul
    Not Afraid- Eminem
    Say It Right- Nelly Furtado
    Umbrella- Rihanna/Jay-Z
    Gold Digger- Kanye West/Jamie Foxx
    Yeah!- Usher/Ludacris/Lil Jon
    Bleeding Love- Leona Lewis
    So What- P!nk
    Toxic- Britney Spears
    Just Dance- Lady Gaga
    My Life Would Suck Without You- Kelly Clakrson

    Most Missed Songs:
    Rolling In The Deep- Adele
    Teenage Dream- Katy Perry
    Just Give Me A Reason- P!nk/Nate Ruess
    Sugar- Maroon 5
    Heartbeat Song- Kelly Clarkson
    The Monster- Eminem/Rihanna
    Mirrors- Justin Timberlake

    Recommendations:
    Send My Love (To Your New Lover)- Adele
    The Show Must Go On- Celine Dion/Lindsey Stirling
    True Colors- Zedd/Ke$ha

    My school year is over, and my Summer now begins this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally, Just Like Fire and Never Forget* You are in the top 20.

      I like Rude too.

      Delete
    2. I always seem to rush my comments and never double check them.

      Delete
    3. I've been out of school for 2 1/2 weeks already and I just don't know what is up with school districts like yours

      Delete
    4. I live in the Northeast and you live in the dirty South. That's basically the best way I can explain it.

      Delete
    5. Umm... no... I live 8 hours from the beach!

      Delete
    6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    7. WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

      Delete
  7. Prediction:

    Exit:
    Me, Myself & I

    Entrant:
    Messin' Around (at #35)

    Top 10:
    10. Work From Home
    9. I Took a Pill in Ibiza
    8. Victorious
    7. Pillowtalk
    6. Stressed Out
    5. Cake By the Ocean (Are you serious???)
    4. Let it Go
    3. Can't Stop the Feeling*
    2. New Romantics*
    1. History*

    *Could be anywhere in the top 3

    Biggest Drop: If it Ain't Love (-14)
    Song that will drop 11 spots (fortunately): 7 Years
    Biggest Jump: Once in a While (+14)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Top 20:

    0-Shit
    20. Work From Home- Fifth Harmony
    19. History- One Direction

    1-Bad
    18. Cake By The Ocean- DNCE

    2-Meh
    17. My House- Flo Rida

    3-Decent
    16. Dangerous Woman- Ariana Grande

    4-Good
    15. Don't Let Me Down- The Chainsmokers/Daya
    14. Hands To Myself- Selena Gomez

    5-Great
    13. Stressed Out- Twenty One Pilots
    12. Pillowtalk- Zayn Malik
    11. Jet Black Heart- 5 Seconds Of Summer
    10. Let It Go- James Bay
    9. ride- Twenty One Pilots
    8. 7 Years- Lukas Graham
    7. Victorious- Panic! At The Disco
    6. I Took A Pill In Ibiza- Mike Posner/SeeB
    5. Youth- Troye Sivan
    4. New Romantics- Taylor Swift
    3. Just Like Fire- P!nk
    2. Never Forget You- Zara Larsson/MNEK
    1. Can't Stop The Feeling- Justin Timberlake

    Score: 79/100 Great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow your reviews are always blown out of proportion of my ass

      Delete
    2. Your reviews are worse. You can't even explain why you hate or like whatever it is you hate or like.

      Delete
    3. 0-Bad
      7 Years

      2-Meh
      Cake By the Ocean
      My House

      3-Getting sick of
      Hands to Myself
      Stressed Out
      Pillowtalk
      Victorious

      4-Good
      Work From Home
      Dangerous Woman
      Jet Black Heart
      I Took a Pill in Ibiza
      Youth

      5-Great
      History
      Don't Let Me Down
      Let it Go
      Ride
      New Romantics
      Just Like Fire
      Never Forget You
      Can't Stop the Feeling

      Score: 76/100 (Good)

      Delete
    4. It's depressing and I don't like his voice (for this song).

      Delete
    5. Its supposed to be a soul-pop song about the death of his father, and how he wants to be better as he gets older. He doesn't want to believe in failure, and strives for the better, and hopes that when he has kids they make him feel happy not depressed. For me, I focus on the lyrics to the song, and the beat to the song matches it perfectly.

      Why do you think I hate Work From Home with a passion? The lyrics, the awful beat ripped out of a Daniel Bedingfield song, Camila Cabello's voice, the meaning behind the lyrics. Actually yeah all of those.

      Delete
  9. Remember to vote on my song poll on my blog!
    https://countdownguyblog.blogspot.com/p/your-top-45_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wait, Adrian...

    Why do you still hate Fancy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking Out Loud left 21 weeks ago and I still hate it.

      Delete
  11. I've heard Prince Fox/Hailee Steinfeld - Fragile on BPM (Channel 51) before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think i gotta take a listen to it now

      Delete
  12. Nice to see you back Adrian! :):):)

    Also I got a random but new post out on my blog so enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey guys, make sure you vote for my SONG WARS FINALS! You can vote up to 4 times!πŸ‘‡
    http://goo.gl/forms/X47gZ85m2VxuRtON2

    ReplyDelete
  14. R u kidding me?! You hate Kill Em With Kindness??!!! That's my favorite from her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! (Not the song)

      Delete
    2. Love You Like A Love Song will always be my favorite from her.

      Delete
    3. Come & Get It will always be my favorite I from her. I was really upset what it left on my 14th birthday weekend.

      Delete
    4. My Top Three Selena Gomez Songs:
      1. Love You Like A Love Song
      2. Hands To Myself.
      3. Good For You

      -FruitFarmer

      Delete
  15. Bad news for WAMB10:

    Panda re-entered the YT15.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! Also, Panda was the boys' dance from this year's dance rally in my grade.

      Delete
    2. What was the girls' dance?

      Delete
    3. Beyonce/Jay Z - Crazy In Love

      Delete
    4. Changed my profile pic back I think the Screw You baby looks better than the L

      Delete
  16. EVERYONE DROP EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW AND GO LISTEN TO AERO CHORD - SURFACE THAT BEAT DROP IS AMAZING AHHHHHHHHHHH YEEEEESSSSSSSS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bad news. The greatest heavyweight boxer, Muhammad Ali, has died.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sad.
      -WAMB10

      Delete
    2. One of the Vanderbilt's baseball pitchers also died 2 days ago at the age of 19

      Delete
    3. He has the same name as my classmate

      Delete
  18. Exits:
    x37. Perfect (OMG!!!)
    x44. The Story of Tonight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Biggest Drop: America's Sweetheart, down 13 to #43.

      Delete
    2. Wherever I Go debuts at #37.

      Delete
    3. Messin' Around debuts at #34.

      Delete
    4. Top 10 in alphabetical order:
      Cake By the Ocean
      Can't Stop the Feeling
      History
      Jet Black Heart (revealed to be #10)
      Let it Go
      My House
      New Romantics
      Pillowtalk
      Stressed Out
      Work From Home

      Delete
    5. #3: New Romantics

      Songs left:
      History
      Can't Stop the Feeling (I hope this is #1)

      Delete
    6. Can't Stop the Feeling at #1!

      Delete
    7. YAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSS LET'S FUCKIN GO YAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSS

      Delete
    8. Walk the Moon - Shut Up and Dance
      #1 for the second time this week last year

      Delete
    9. Entire countdown:

      Exits:
      One Direction - Perfect (#37)
      We the Kings - The Story of Tonight (#44)
      45. Gwen Stefani - Make Me Like You (#42)
      44. Rihanna/Drake - Work (#43)
      43. Elle King - America's Sweetheart (#30)
      42. G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself & I (#45)
      41. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - I Know What You Did Last Summer (#40)
      40. Adele - Hello (#38)
      39. Justin Bieber - Sorry (#33)
      38. The Chainsmokers/Rozes - Roses (#41)
      37. OneRepublic - Wherever I Go (DEBUT)
      36. Tryon - Somebody to Love Me (#39)
      35. Rachel Platten - Stand By You (#35)
      34. Pitbull/Enrique Iglesias - Messin' Around (DEBUT)
      33. Charlie Puth - One Call Away (#31)
      32. Fall Out Boy/Demi Lovato - Irresistible (#32)
      31. Meghan Trainor - No (#27)
      30. The Weeknd - In the Night (#34)
      29. Justin Bieber/Ed Sheeran - Love Yourself (#23)
      28. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty (#24)
      27. The Summer Set - Figure Me Out (#25)
      26. Grace - You Don't Own Me (#26)
      25. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman (#20)
      24. Timeflies - Once in a While (#36)
      23. Nick Jonas/Tove Lo - Close (#29)
      22. Jason Derulo - If it Ain't Love (#22)
      21. Lukas Graham - 7 Years (#14)
      20. Pink - Just Like Fire (#18)
      19. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This is What You Came For (#28)
      18. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#21)
      17. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (#17)
      16. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#16)
      15. Selena Gomez - Hands to Myself (#15)
      14. Troye Sivan - Youth (#13)
      13. Zara Larsson/MNEK - Never Forget You (#19)
      12. Panic! at the Disco - Victorious (#4)
      11. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took a Pill in Ibiza (#9)
      10. 5 Seconds of Summer - Jet Black Heart (#10)
      9. Flo Rida - My House (#7)
      8. DNCE - Cake By the Ocean (#12)
      7. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home (#11)
      6. James Bay - Let it Go (#8)
      5. Zayn - Pillowtalk (#5)
      4. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#6)
      3. Taylor Swift - New Romantics (#1)
      2. One Direction - History (#3)
      1. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling (#2)
      Biggest Drop: Elle King - America's Sweetheart (-13)
      Biggest Jump: Timeflies - Once in a While (+12) (I think)

      Delete
    10. No, this is like unacceptable. Perfect does not deserve to leave.

      Delete
    11. Yes it does.
      But at least WFH has a new peak!

      Delete
    12. NO! WORK FROM HOME MUST GO NOW!!

      Delete
    13. The lyrics are disgustingly sexual, Anaconda levels of awful, the beat is bland, boring, generic, and ripped off of a terrible Daniel Bedingfield song, and Camila's voice is at her absolute worst.

      Delete
    14. Nicki Monaj - Anaconda is awful though, I recommended that it's not for people under 18.

      Delete
    15. Then what makes Work From Home different. And don't give me that "Because its Fifth Harmony and their awesome" excuse. I want a good and legit excuse.

      Delete
  19. Adrian I thought when it said on the Billboard performances post that Cake By The Ocean wasn't going to be disliked as much but last and this week it's turquoise?

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Pop 20 Chart is out!
    http://pop45chart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday to her... Happy Birthday to her. Happy birthday to my little sister.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HER!!!!! WOOOOO! 10 ALREADY!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adrian, here is the Hit-Bound list if you want to include it in your post:
    Hailee Steinfeld/DNCE - Rock Bottom
    Selena Gomez - Kill 'Em With Kindness
    The 1975 - The Sound
    Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
    Meghan Trainor - Me Too
    Disturbed - The Sound of Silence
    Symon - Say
    All Time Low - Missing You
    Ruth B. - Lost Boy
    Bebe Rexha/Nicki Minaj - No Broken Hearts
    DNCE - Toothbrush
    Kent Jones - Don't Mind
    Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore

    ReplyDelete
  23. My Bonus Summer Hit Reviews:
    5 Seconds of Summer - She Looks so Perfect: Was on the countdown for way too long but since it left I now really like it again. Super catchy. (GREEN)
    Imagine Dragons - Radioactive: Good vocals, but too slow and not interesting enough (BLUE)
    Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX - Fancy: I actually like the rapping a lot in this song, and the chorus is pretty good too. Very enjoyable (GREEN)
    Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe: Pretty good, but nothing amazing. (GREEN)
    LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem: The chorus is pretty good but everything else stinks (RED)
    Walk the Moon - Shut Up and Dance: Still old, but not quite so bad (YELLOW)
    One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful: I think this song was done really well (GREEN)
    Fun./Janelle Monae - We Are Young: Boring, but not annoying (BLUE)
    Maroon 5 - Love Somebody: Maroon 5's worst song. Vocals aren't good, neither is the tune. (ORANGE)
    Taylor Swift - Bad Blood: One of Taylor's better songs. Old, but got much better once it left the countdown. (GREEN)
    Robin Thicke/Pharrell/T.I. - Blurred Lines: Interesting, but not good enough to be in green. (BLUE)
    Katy Perry - E.T.: I like most of Katy Perry's Songs, and this is no exception. I like how her voice sounds especially. (PURPLE)
    Magic! - Rude: Old, but not that bad (BLUE)

    -FruitFarmer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ranking Them From Best To Worst:

      1. Katy Perry - E.T.
      2. 5 Seconds of Summer - She Looks so Perfect
      3. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX - Fancy
      4. Taylor Swift - Bad Blood
      5. One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful
      6. Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
      7. Magic! - Rude
      8. Robin Thicke/Pharrell/T.I. - Blurred Lines
      9. Fun./Janelle Monae - We Are Young
      10. Imagine Dragons - Radioactive
      11. Walk The Moon - Shut Up And Dance
      12. LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem
      13. Maroon 5 - Love Somebody

      -FruitFarmer

      Delete
    2. What Makes You Beautiful
      Call Me Maybe
      Love Somebody
      She Looks So Perfect
      Party Rock Anthem
      Radioactive
      Bad Blood
      We Are Young
      E.T.
      Blurred Lines
      Shut Up And Dance
      Fancy
      Rude

      Delete
    3. Sorry! I forgot two summer hits. Here they are

      Zedd/Foxes - Clarity: I think the vocals are really good in this song and the tune is great. In between Taylor Swift - Bad Blood and One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful (GREEN)

      Demi Lovato - Cool For The Summer: I thought this song was pretty good while it was on the countdown, but since then I have grown to love it. Everything about this song is really good. New best song! (PURPLE)

      -FrutiFarmer

      Delete
    4. My Best To Worst:
      What Makes You Beautiful
      Cool For The Summer
      Call Me Maybe
      Love Somebody
      Clarity
      She Looks So Perfect
      Party Rock Anthem
      Radioactive
      Bad Blood
      We Are Young
      E.T.
      Blurred Lines
      Shut Up And Dance
      Fancy
      Rude

      Delete
    5. My Best to Worst:

      1. Clarity- Zedd/Foxes
      2. Call Me Maybe- Carly Rae Jepsen
      3. Radioactive- Imagine Dragons
      4. Cool For The Summer- Demi Lovato
      5. Party Rock Anthem- LMFAO
      6. Shut Up And Dance- Walk The Moon
      7. E.T- Katy Perry
      8. We Are Young- fun./Janelle Monae
      9. Rude- Magic
      10. She Looks So Perfect- 5 Seconds Of Summer
      11. Fancy- Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX
      12. Bad Blood- Taylor Swift
      13. Love Somebody- Maroon 5
      14. What Makes You Beautiful- One Direction
      15. Blurred Lines- Robin Thicke/Pharrell William/T.I

      Delete
  24. #1 Reccommendations for Hits 1:
    Drake- One Dance
    Adele- Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
    Awesome songs.
    I'm really surprised that Adrian doesn't hate Me Too. I would expect him to say that it was the worst he's ever heard. And for once, I hate a Meghan Trainor song more than he does.
    A couple weeks ago, I hated Ride, but now, I love it.
    Crappy songs still need to leave (Hands To Myself, My House, Stressed Out, to name a few.)
    Who the hell posted that comment about taking a picture of legs? Cause that wasn't me. Honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The senior class at my school graduated this past week. I had to go to a graduation party today, and one in a couple weeks. For us freshman, we get out on the 17th. I know, crazy.
      Isn't it Leah Baker's birthday coming up?

      Delete
    2. I totally agree with the recommendations.
      I don't know who posted that comment, but it was very random. It could have been the same person who posted this comment: http://siriusxmhits1weekendcountdown.blogspot.com/2016/01/demi-lovato-1-week-of-january-16-2016.html?showComment=1452970003288#c4936717859098957553 (It wasn't me.)

      Delete
    3. Yes. I"m turning 12 on the 28th

      Delete
    4. What, the one that said f*** me in the a**? That was totally random.

      Delete
    5. I actually like Me Too now. I think it's pretty catchy. But I don't know how it'll hold up in the long run.

      Delete
  25. My weekend countdown post is out! The link is below πŸ‘‡πŸ½
    http://hiits1weekendcountdown.blogspot.com/2016/06/justin-timberlake-1-june-4th-2016.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  26. RPS game:
    The last 2 on the randomizer will not participate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. trance1317 and Chasetronaut In The House, you have been disqualified.

      Delete
    2. Choose rock, paper, or scissors.
      My choice: πŸ“„

      Delete
  27. OMFG WHY WONT ONE DANCE DEBUT THE COUNTDOWN THIS IS KILLING ME YALL

    ReplyDelete