Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Performance Review: Super Bowl Halftime Show

Wow. Just wow. That wasn't what I was expecting. Not at all.


What's up guys? Today, I will be reviewing the Super Bowl halftime performance held by Coldplay with special guests Beyoncé and Bruno Mars, even though it didn't feel like that. But we'll get more into that after I give a performance rundown. 


So basically, Coldplay kicked off their performance with one of their most popular songs, Viva La Vida. It was definitely enjoyable. The band is full of energy. After that, they then moved into one of my favorite songs from them, Paradise. I absolutely love that song and I enjoyed their performance of it. Next up, we have Adventure Of A Lifetime, which was enjoyable as well. Basically, things were going really well.

Then it begins.....


Next thing you know, you see Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars coming in and Mars begins performing the extremely annoying Uptown Funk. I'll admit, Bruno Mars does have moves. But god was it annoying to have to listen to that song again.


Then Beyoncé comes out thinking she'll own the stage when really, her performance was not that good. She performed her new song, Formation, and it is just not good, which isn't surprising since I dislike about 95% of Beyoncé's music. So that happened and I was uninterested the entire time. Then Beyoncé and Bruno Mars come together to do this short battle between the guys (Bruno Mars) and the girls (Beyoncé). I'll admit, it wasn't bad. But I didn't like it for the reason that I will get to later in the post. 


Chris Martin then joins the two to finish off Uptown Funk. Afterwards, everything kind of goes nicely again as Chris Martin begins playing the piano to Clocks followed by clips of previous Super Bowl halftime shows and a performance of Fix You and Up & Up from their new album. That was easily my favorite part and I loved how at the very end, in the audience, there were letters that spelled out to be "BELIEVE IN LOVE." Now that was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Now let's get more in depth as to why I didn't love the halftime show as a whole.

It didn't feel like a Coldplay performance!!! It felt way too much like a Beyoncé and Bruno Mars performance and that disappointed me. I'm not saying they shouldn't have been there at all. That's not what I'm getting at. My issue was that Beyoncé and Bruno Mars were onstage way too long and it felt like they upstaged Coldplay. These special guests really should be allowed no longer than a minute or two to be on stage. Plus, Beyoncé and Bruno Mars are previous halftime show performers. We need to have someone new and Coldplay was a great choice! But these special guests made it almost their own halftime performance and that bothered the crap out of me. When I heard the news that Coldplay would the Super Bowl halftime performers, I was really excited! This was not what I had in mind at all. And at the end of it all, we get notified about Beyoncé's new Formation Tour. Was this performance just a way to promote your new tour, Beyoncé???

Now that I'm done criticizing Beyoncé and Bruno Mars, let me just go ahead and say that the overall performance was pretty damn short. We needed more Coldplay songs! This band has released SEVEN studio albums, but only performed 4 or 5 of their own songs. That's not enough! I was expecting more! They should've done full on performances of songs like ClocksYellow, and especially Violet Hill. But they didn't. And I know I'm not the only one who thought this, but I assumed that since Beyoncé was making an appearance that they would perform Hymn For The Weekend, which is the second single from their new album, A Head Full Of Dreams. But that never happened and that disappointed me. The whole reason they were promoting it recently I thought was because they were going to throw this song into their list of songs to perform. But shockingly, they didn't. Okay. I think I'm done ranting. How about the positives?

I thoroughly enjoyed their performances of their own songs. The audio could've used some work. I felt Chris Martin's voice was a little drowned out. But it was fun to watch. Chris Martin was full of energy and I love that! And like I said, the ending with Fix You and Up & Up was the best part and I just loved it.

As far as how it was taken from the rest of the world, there are many different reactions that came about from this that I'm not even going to get into. Apparently though, a lot of people are angry at the whole "Believe In Love" part because apparently all the rainbows and colors promote homosexuality.

.......


..............


I'm honestly just done with people and their ridiculous views on some things.

But yeah. That was my review of Coldplay's halftime performance for the Super Bowl 50. I was kind of disappointed, but it wasn't entirely Coldplay's fault. I definitely did not dislike it. It just wasn't what I was expecting. I really liked Coldplay's performances, but the special guests were on stage way too long and I felt there weren't enough Coldplay songs included in the set list. Overall, I thought I would give this a 5 out of 5. But unfortunately, this felt like a 3 (maybe a 3.5) out of 5 to me. What did you guys think of it? Let me know in the comment section down below.

125 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Chase can you please stop deleting your comments.

      Delete
    2. Something about him not wanting Hello to spend 13 weeks at #1. I agree, but it was just random. :P

      Delete
  2. NEW MUSIC ALERT: DAN + SHAY - FROM THE GROUND UP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adrian Carrazco, I really love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most Missed Song on Hits-1: Jason Derulo - Want to Want Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine: Fifth Harmony - Worth It JK
      My Actual Most Missed Song: Selena Gomez - Good For You.

      Delete
    2. Most Missed Song on Hits-1: R. City/Adam Levine - Locked Away

      Delete
  5. Hey Adrian! Today is my Nanny in Florida's 90th birthday. Wish her a Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought the halftime show was awesome probably like a 9-10 although Bruno Mars and Beyoncé kind of did overshadow, but it was entertaining. I understand what your saying about Coldplay though. And I actually like Formation like every Beyoncé song :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought it was good, but not as good as last year's. To be honest I don't think Coldplay was a good choice. I would have personally have chosen either Maroon 5 or Taylor Swift, but why a band with a boring and almost forgettable discography like Coldplay?

    But it got much better with Bruno and Beyoncé, which I actually liked. I loved Uptown Funk back in 2014 and 2015. and I still do today. Uptown Funk ins the perfect throwback jam song if I 've ever heard one. You all loved It the first 25 times you heard it, and you all know it.

    As for Formation, well it was fine, but I think the lyrics are controversial at best. I honestly consider Beyoncé a mixed bag with most of her music. Irreplaceable, Crazy In Love, Single Ladies and Halo, are probably some of her best, as well as when she was in Destiny's Child.

    I thought after Bruno and Beyoncé's little battle, and Coldplay steps back in, along with a crowd of fans and many clips of past halftime shows, and games, it was great. I thought this was a great halftime show, but Katy Perry's performance was better, and it definitely shows. Last year's performance was 114.4 million people watch, on average last year, whereas this year had 111.7 or somewhere around that area.

    It was a good super bowl, but expectations were too high, and wasn't as good as last year. Shame considering this was the 50th Super Bowl, and I expected it to be more extravagant and amazing. Then I realized, the NFL got Coldplay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratlations, Bruno. You ruined pizza! From Inside Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats Leah! You made Pizza better!

      Delete
    2. Congrats Lady Gaga for singing the National Anthem.

      Delete
    3. Congrats to whoever stood up during the national anthem

      Delete
    4. Ugh, that's enough with the congrats thing!

      Delete
    5. Congrats to Lady Gaga for ruining the national anthem

      Delete
    6. Congratlutaions, Parker. You got it going!

      Delete
  9. #1 Recommendation for Hits-1: Dan + Shay - From the Ground Up

    ReplyDelete
  10. Throwback Pick:

    My Heart Will Go On- Celine Dion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chandelier was from 2014 it's not a throwback.

      Delete
    2. Well, Chandelier was my throwback pick of 2014 last week though.

      Delete
    3. But, My Heart Will Go On is an actual throwback song from as far back as 1998. Also known as the most notorious song from the film Titanic.

      Delete
  11. #1 recommendation for hits 1: G-Eazy/Bebe Rehxa-Me, Myself and I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already have a #1 recommendation for Hits-1.

      Delete
    2. And yet Chase, you always delete your comments and switch sides so fast like a record changer, I almost get whiplash.

      Delete
  12. Does anyone know what pax east is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chase, instead of asking us what are we talking about, look at what Ethan said, and actually look up what its about.

      Delete
    2. I heard about it, and I want to go but I can't. Yeah it is a gaming convention. You going for a YouTuber?

      Delete
  13. Ethan, guess what Lisa Wajsblat is having a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heyyyy...so nice post. And just a reminder that Q&A Voting is up. I only have 6 questions so far. I need at least 12 to do a post! So keep voting as many times as you'd like! Voting ends next Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My countdown & Hit-Bound predictions are coming out tomorrow.

      Delete
  15. Love Yourself hit #1 on the AT40 this week and Electric Love debuted so it may debut here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although for this week it will be JBH, Love Yourself, and Dessert.

      Delete
    2. No it's only aired 3 time probably next week though.

      Delete
  16. #1 Recommendation for Hits-1: Zara Larsson & MNEK - Never Forget You

    ReplyDelete
  17. Most Missed Song on Hits-1: Little Mix - Black Magic

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hit-Bound Entrants:
    G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself & I
    Troye Sivan - YOUTH (RE-ENTRY)
    Beyoncé - Partition
    KYGO/Parson James - Stole the Show
    Major Lazer/Nyla/Fuse ODG - Light It Up

    ReplyDelete
  19. Weekend Countdown Predictions:

    Out:
    Meghan Trainor/John Legend - Like I'm Gonna Lose You
    5SOS - Hey Everybody!
    HALSEY - NEW AMERICANA

    In:
    Dawin - Dessert
    Lukas Graham - 7 Years
    Sam Hunt - House Party (RE-ENTRY)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Top 10 Predictions:
    10. The Chainsmokers/ROZES - Roses
    9. ZAYN - PILLOWTALK
    8. 1D - Perfect
    7. Shawn Mendes - Stitches
    6. Charlie Puth - One Call Away
    5. Justin Bieber - Sorry
    4. Flo Rida - My House
    3. Adele - Hello
    2. twenty one pilots - Stressed Out
    1. DNCE - Cake by the Ocean [1st Week @ #1]

    ReplyDelete
  21. #1 Recommendation for Hits-1: Zendaya/Chris Brown - Something New

    ReplyDelete
  22. Predictions For Feb. 13, 2016:
    Exits:
    Hey Everybody!
    LIGLY
    New Americana

    Entrants:
    Dessert
    Jet Black Heart
    Love Yourself

    ReplyDelete
  23. No the real Hitbound entrants are:

    Troye Sivan - Youth
    Demi Lovato - Stone Cold
    X Ambassadors - Unsteady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, YOUTH needs to debut the weekend countdown right away, because Hits-1 plays YOUTH several times, so it can't debut Hit-Bound.

      Delete
    2. Congratsluations, Demi. You made my Valentines Day AWESOME!

      Delete
    3. Hits 1 just loves themselves some X Ambassadors.

      Delete
  24. NEW MUSIC ALERT: HAILEE STEINFELD/DNCE - ROCK BOTTOM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats Haliee and Joe. You made up! Jk

      Delete
    2. Hits-1 now plays Troye Sivan - YOUTH as Ear Poppin' Music!

      Delete
  25. Alright, here are the real Hit-Bound entrants:
    Demi Lovato - Stone Cold
    X Ambassadors - Unsteady
    Ruth B. - Lost Boy

    ReplyDelete
  26. Out:
    LIGLY
    NEW AMERICANA
    SUAD
    Hey Everybody!

    In:
    YOUTH
    Love Yourself
    JBH
    Dessert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg Youth is debuting Hit-Bound, not the countdown!!!!!

      Delete
    2. But what Chase is saying is that Youth could go straight to the countdown like Perfect and Victorious did

      Delete
    3. Didn't it debut Hit-Bound though?

      Delete
  27. So we'll piss off the neighbours
    In the place that feels the tears
    The place to lose your fears
    Yeah, reckless behavior
    A place that is so pure, so dirty and raw
    Be in the bed all day, bed all day, bed all day
    Loving in, fighting on
    It's our paradise and it's our war zone
    It's our paradise and it's our war zone

    ReplyDelete
  28. Adrian, when is your next sememster? P.S. I'm out of school for a week

    ReplyDelete
  29. I wish I could take Chase and make be ddhans12's (Muthead member who recently "retired" from the site) first daughter he's having soon. Then, we wouldn't have to deal with him anymore. Who agrees with me on this??

    ReplyDelete
  30. Guys, you forgot to check your claendars

    ReplyDelete
  31. Exits:

    x22. The Fix
    x40. Hold Me Up
    x45. Hey Everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  32. #1 Recommendation for Hits-1: Conrad Sewell - Remind Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SSSSSSSSTTTTTTTOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPP IIIIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  33. Most Missed Countdown Song: R. City/Adam Levine - Locked Away

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why did On My Mind leave the countdown, & YOUTH replacing On My Mind?

      Delete
  34. Chase this is your new best friend: http://images.clipartpanda.com/waste-clipart-niXqzx9iB.jpeg

    ReplyDelete
  35. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Replies
    1. YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY SLIM SHADY IS BACK

      Delete
    2. .......................................

      brb crying under the bed for anger.

      Delete
  37. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Replies
    1. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

      Delete
    2. PLEASE BLOGGER BAN HIM HES A DARK FACE OF SHARKY PEWP PULP FLESH

      Delete
    3. HE IS A GARBAGE CAN WITH 100,000 DEAD BODIES IN IT

      Delete
  39. Ze zop zenty zive zawzemzess zus zout! zind zit zat

    http://durpblogs.blogspot.com/2016/02/t25-awesomeness-2132016.html#comment-form

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  40. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  41. My bad, the real Top 10 is:
    10. 1D - DMD
    9. The Weeknd - ITN
    8. Fall Out Boy/Demi Lovato - Irresistible
    7. T.S. - OOTW
    6. Flo Rida - My House
    5. 1D - Perfect
    4. Justin Bieber - Sorry
    3. twenty one pilots - Stressed Out
    2. DNCE - CBTO
    1. Adele - Hello [Tied Record Breaking 12th Annoying Week @ #1]

    ReplyDelete
  42. Most Missed Song: Ella Henderson- Ghost

    ReplyDelete
  43. Also.... #1 Recommendation(s) for hits 1:

    The Chainsmokers/Daya- Don't Let Me Down
    Sia/Sean Paul- Cheap Thrills

    ReplyDelete