Saturday, February 6, 2016

Adele (11) – Week Of February 6, 2016


Happy Super Bowl weekend everyone! Tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday. If you really know me, you'd know that I don't care about sports, which is why I'm not going to actually watch the game. I only care about the halftime performance from Coldplay. I'm sure it'll be awesome. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.


  • R. City/Adam Levine – Locked Away (#21)
  • Sam Hunt – House Party (#25)
  • Justin Bieber – What Do You Mean (#41) [x2]

Last Week's #1 Song: Adele – Hello
The Countdown
45. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Hey Everybody! (#44)
44. Meghan Trainor/John Legend – Like I'm Gonna Lose You (#43)
43. Ellie Goulding – On My Mind (#36)
42. Halsey – New Americana (#42)
41. Alessia Cara – Here (#30)
40. Conrad Sewell – Hold Me Up (#31)
39. Tori Kelly – Hollow (DEBUT)
38. Rudimental/Ed Sheeran – Lay It All On Me (#45)
37. Andy Grammer – Good To Be Alive (Hallelujah) (#20)
36. The Weeknd – Can't Feel My Face (#39) [1 Week At #1]
35. Taylor Swift – Wildest Dreams (#34) [1 Week At #1]
34. Zayn Malik – Pillowtalk (DEBUT)
33. Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats – S.O.B. (#27)
32. MØ – Kamikaze (#32)
31. X Ambassadors – Renegades (#23)
30. Selena Gomez – Hands To Myself (#38)
29. Tove Lo – Moments (#40)
28. The Chainsmokers/Rozes – Roses (#19)
27. Walk The Moon – Shut Up and Dance (#18) [12 Weeks At #1]
26. Ellie Goulding – Something In The Way You Move (DEBUT)
25. Ed Sheeran – Photograph (#29) [1 Week At #1]
24. Demi Lovato – Confident (#9)
23. Elle King – Ex's and Oh's (#37)
22. Nelly/Jeremih – The Fix (#28)
21. The Vamps – Wake Up (#24)
20. Disclosure/Lorde – Magnets (#26)
19. Coldplay – Adventure Of A Lifetime (#33)
18. Selena Gomez – Same Old Love (#6)
17. Adele – When We Were Young (#35)
16. Jason Derulo – Get Ugly (#22)
15. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello – I Know What You Did Last Summer (#17)
14. Daya – Hide Away (#15)
13. Rachel Platten – Stand By You (#16)
12. The Weeknd – In The Night (#11)
11. Charlie Puth – One Call Away (#14)
10. Fall Out Boy/Demi Lovato – Irresistible (#5)
  9. One Direction – Drag Me Down (#4) [1 Week At #1]
  8. Flo Rida – My House (#11)
  7. Taylor Swift – Out Of The Woods (#12)
  6. Twenty One Pilots – Stressed Out (#8)
  5. Shawn Mendes – Stitches (#7) [3 Weeks At #1]
  4. DNCE – Cake By The Ocean (#3)
  3. One Direction – Perfect (#10) [1 Week At #1]
  2. Justin Bieber – Sorry (#2)
  1. Adele – Hello (#1) [11th Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Taylor Swift – Blank Space

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Andy Grammer – Good To Be Alive (–17)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Adele – When We Were Young (+18)

New Entrants
~ Compared to her previous hit, Should've Been Us, Tori Kelly's newest song, Hollow, is only okay. Should've Been Us was amazing and will probably always be her best song. I guess I can say Hollow is better than Nobody Love. But not that amazing unfortunately. I can't see myself looking back at this song a year from now. But it's not bad. Let me just put that out there. I just don't think it'll have any long-term success. But that's just me.

~ From Ellie Goulding, we get the really catchy Something In The Way You Move. It's not her best song. But then again, it's really hard to top songs like Lights and Love Me Like You Do. She comes close, but doesn't quite get there. Something In The Way You Move is a good example of a song that comes close to being her best song, but doesn't quite get there. It's undeniably catchy and her vocal performance is pretty good as well. It's Ellie Goulding, so it's definitely going to do well on this countdown. I really like it now, but we'll see how I feel about it in a few months assuming that it'll still be here.

~ Finally, we have the artist who has already made himself look very bad as a person. Zayn Malik has released his debut single as a solo artist after departing from One Direction almost a year ago. Pillowtalk is nothing outstanding or amazing. But it's certainly the best vocal performance I've ever heard from him considering that I never really liked his voice when he was in One Direction. I guess I can say the song is good enough to be in green. But I don't see myself jamming out to this months from now. Frankly, I'm really tired of seeing news about Zayn Malik continuously saying how he never really wanted to be in One Direction despite the fact that he wouldn't be where he is now without them. Maybe soon, I won't dislike him as a person. We'll see.

Pillowblurb
~ R. City/Adam Levine – Locked Away dropped out after having the Biggest Jump Of The Week last week. The dropout from House Party was kind of unexpected as well.

~ Can we not with this huge jump from When We Were Young? I don't know why someone would want to hear a depressing song on the radio. This song is a big station-changer.

~ Speaking of Adele, if Justin Bieber – Sorry does not hit #1 because of this stupid reign at #1 from Hello, I will be absolutely PISSED!!!!!!! Let's get Sorry to #1!!!!!

~ Shawn Mendes – Stitches seriously needs to leave the Top 10. Who is still voting for this song so much???

~ Alessia Cara – Here continues to be one of the most annoying songs on this countdown. I honestly can't stand it anymore!!!

~ Why the hell is Daya – Hide Away still up at #14?!?! This song has had its time, let's get it out of this countdown already!

~ It's nice to see the drop from Selena Gomez – Same Old Love.

~ It's nice to see the jump from Coldplay – Adventure Of A Lifetime.

~ It's about time Andy Grammer – Good To Be Alive made that huge drop. Let's get it out of the countdown along with songs like Here, Wildest Dreams, Can't Feel My Face, Like I'm Gonna Lose You, and more.

MØ – Kamikaze is absolute trash. I really hope this song leaves, like next week. That would be amazing.

~ The Hit 45 Chart for this week is out! Find out if Justin Bieber can hold at #1 for a second week in a row and a seventh time overall!
Link: http://hit45chart.blogspot.com/2016/02/hit-45-chart-week-of-february-6-2016.html

~ Throwback Pick Of The Week: Flo Rida/Ke$ha – Right Round

~ #1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Coldplay/Beyoncé – Hymn For The Weekend

~ I hope you all have a great Super Bowl weekend and I will see you again the next time I post, which will hopefully be my review of Billboard's Hot 100 songs of 2015!

My Top 5 Picks
1. Justin Bieber – Sorry
2. Flo Rida – My House
3. Coldplay – Adventure Of A Lifetime
4. Taylor Swift – Out Of The Woods
5. Ellie Goulding – Something In The Way You Move

105 comments:

  1. Who's voting for Stitches? I am. lel

    Anyways, the Top 25 Awesomeness is OUT!!! Find it at

    http://durpblogs.blogspot.com/2016/02/t25-awesomeness-272016.html#comment-form

    Andddddd I got a Weekend Countdown Review out which you can find at

    http://durpblogs.blogspot.com/2016/02/random-post-4.html#comment-form

    Ok bye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. +1 Guy to the "We all hate Stressed Out club"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder when is t.he 2016 Rio games

    ReplyDelete
  4. guys, Hide Away debuted this countdown on August 8th, 2015. Just think about that. This song still probably hasn't even hit its peak (imo) and it could easily last a year

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard Bruno Mars is doing the halftime show with Coldplay and Beyoncé. So it would be pretty interesting.

    I swear, I thought Sorry was going to hit #1 and Hello would have dropped to #2. Oh well, I'm not complaining, I still like it.

    Finally, Something In The Way You Move debuted. Now lets get On My Mind out of here.

    Hits 1 continues to annoy me by having Hold Me Up do nothing but drop, and by having The Fix jump.

    All my predictions were wrong this week, so nothing new there.

    I thought that Moments would have left, since it dropped 3 times, but Hits 1 decided to have it jump to #29, because Hits 1 logic.

    I have no clue why When We Were Young had the biggest jump.

    I forgot House Party was on the countdown, until I heard it left.

    Good To Be Alive should not have the biggest drop this week!

    The only real reason Adventure Of A Lifetime is jumping is because of the Super Bowl Halftime Hype-train. I expect this song to be gone and forgotten by March, like most of Coldplay's discography has been.

    One Call Away is not top 10 material, and like most of his other songs on Nine Track Mind, this sucks.

    Well at least we finally have Out Of The Woods in the top 10. Maybe it could hit #1?

    Is Fall Out Boy going to release 1 more single from their American Beauty/American Psycho, or are they working on their next album? because I really want Irresistible to have the chart longevity it needs, and hit #1 maybe.

    Can we please get Stitches out of the top 10 already?

    Why did Roses have to drop? It is easily top 10 material.

    S.O.B is becoming annoying, and sounds like the worst throwback to the 50s. Worse than anything from Meghan Trainor's album.

    Top 5:
    1. Sorry- Justin Bieber
    2. Hello- Adele
    3. Something in The Way You Move- Ellie Goulding
    4. Irresistible- Fall Out Boy/Demi Lovato
    5. Out of the Woods- Taylor Swift

    Bottom 5:
    1. The Fix-Nelly/Jeremih
    2. One Call Away- Charlie Puth
    3. Stitches- Sawn Mendes
    4. S.O.B- Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Wweats
    5. Adventure Of A Lifetime- Coldplay

    Hits 1 recommendations:
    Army- Ellie Goulding
    Me, Myself & I- G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha
    Jumpman- Drake & Future
    WTF (Where They From)- Missy Elliot/Pharrell Williams

    Most Missed Songs:
    Uptown Funk- Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars
    Blank Space- Taylor Swift
    Shake It Off- Taylor Swift
    Lights- Ellie Goulding

    Throwback Picks of the Week:
    Sugar, We're Going Down- Fall Out Boy
    Dance Dance- Fall Out Boy
    Waking Up In Vegas- Katy Perry
    Where Have You Been- Rihanna
    Bleeding Love- Leona Lewis
    Love Story- Taylor Swift

    Tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday, and I am still undecided on who I want to win. This will be Peyton Manning's last game, and I think it would be great if he won 1 final game to be a Super Bowl. But Cam Newton played to the best of his abilities throughout the season, and never missed a game, and lost only 1 game. I don't think I can root for 1 over the other this year.

    There is a rumor that Pillowtalk and Drake's new song, Summer Sixteen are possible top 10 debuts on the Billboard Hot 100 on Tuesday. Pillowtalk may even debut at #1, if it can edge Love Yourself for airplay, and streaming.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super Bowl Sunday is probably cancelled due to the snowstorm.

      Delete
    2. They will not cancel the Super Bowl because of a snowstorm, nor have they ever done it.

      Delete
    3. That, and the Super Bowl is being played in Santa Clara in California. The snowstorm that you are talking about is supposed to hit the east coast, specifically the Northeastern states, like New Hampshire, Vermont, and New York.

      In California tomorrow, it is supposed to be sunny, and in the low 70s to high 60s. They will not cancel the Super Bowl Chase, and that was probably the dumbest thing you have said on this blog to date.

      Delete
  6. #1 Recommendation for Hits-1: Andra Day - Rise Up

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Adrian, today is my cousin Aaron's birthday. He's now 28 years old. Plus, tomorrow is his parents' anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy birthday to your cousin and tell his parents to have a good anniversary

      Delete
    2. I was talking to Adrian, not you Anshul. But still, thanks! :)

      Delete
    3. I knew that. Really I did but whatever

      Delete
  8. THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MY FIRST SINGLE

    BUT I JUST F*CKED THAT UP SO

    F*CK IT, LET'S ALL HAVE FUN LET'S MINGLE

    SLAP A B*TCH AND SMACK A HO

    THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MY CATCHY LITTLE JINGLE

    THAT YOU HEAR ON YOUR RADIO

    BUT SH*T'S ABOUT TO HIT THE SHINGLE

    OH OH OH OH OH OH NO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Antidote played on my local radio station. Did I told you that you need to listen to Pray 4 Love with The Weekend?

      Delete
    2. Antidote's everywhere now Leah so I'm not surprised

      Delete
    3. They even played it on Accuradio!

      Delete
  10. Ok wait a second.......

    Why is In The Night in yellow?
    Why is Hello not in red?
    Why is S.O.B. in green?
    Why is IKWYDLS in blue?
    Why is Sorry still in purple?
    Why is Hollow in blue?
    Why is Good To Be Alive in red?
    What is the best and worst song on Hitbound? Maybe even Top 5? Or a full review? I have the list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. - I'm officially sick of it.
      - I don't hate it just yet.
      - It's catchy.
      - It's only okay. Not much too it.
      - Still an amazing song.
      - Did you read the entrant review?
      - Very annoying and very tired of it.

      Give me the Hit-Bound list and I'll post color-coding for each song.

      Delete
    2. David Guetta/Sia/Fetty Wap - Bang My Head
      Shawn Hook - Sound of Your Heart
      Panic! At The Disco - Victorious
      Dawin - Dessert
      Lukas Graham - 7 Years
      One Direction - History
      Pitbull/Osmani Garcia/Lil Jon - El Taxi
      Justin Bieber - Love Yourself
      Timeflies - Once In A While
      Borns - Electric Love
      Rihanna/Drake - Work
      5 Seconds of Summer - Jet Black Heart
      Adam Lambert - Another Lonely Night
      We The Kings - The Story Of Tonight
      Tryon - Somebody To Love Me

      Delete
    3. David Guetta/Sia/Fetty Wap - Bang My Head (GREEN)
      Shawn Hook - Sound of Your Heart (GREEN)
      Panic! At The Disco - Victorious (GREEN)
      Dawin - Dessert (RED)
      Lukas Graham - 7 Years (BLUE)
      One Direction - History (GREEN)
      Pitbull/Osmani Garcia/Lil Jon - El Taxi (GREEN)
      Justin Bieber - Love Yourself (PURPLE)
      Timeflies - Once In A While (GREEN)
      Borns - Electric Love (GREEN)
      Rihanna/Drake - Work (ORANGE)
      5 Seconds of Summer - Jet Black Heart (GREEN)
      Adam Lambert - Another Lonely Night (PURPLE)
      We The Kings - The Story Of Tonight (BLUE)
      Tryon - Somebody To Love Me (BLUE)

      Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks:
      1. TIE: Adam Lambert - Another Lonely Night
      1. TIE: Justin Bieber - Love Yourself
      3. Pitbull/Osmani Garcia/Lil Jon - El Taxi
      4. Shawn Hook - Sound Of Your Heart
      5. David Guetta/Sia/Fetty Wap - Bang My Head

      Worst Song On Hit-Bound: Rihanna/Drake - Work

      Delete
    4. David Guetta/Sia/Fetty Wap - Bang My Head (BLUE)
      Shawn Hook - Sound of Your Heart (DARK GREEN)
      Panic! At The Disco - Victorious (GREEN)
      Dawin - Dessert (ORANGE)
      Lukas Graham - 7 Years (RED)
      One Direction - History (RED)
      Pitbull/Osmani Garcia/Lil Jon - El Taxi (RED)
      Justin Bieber - Love Yourself (RED)
      Timeflies - Once In A While (BLUE)
      Borns - Electric Love (BLUE)
      Rihanna/Drake - Work (RED)
      5 Seconds of Summer - Jet Black Heart (GREEN)
      Adam Lambert - Another Lonely Night (PURPLE)
      We The Kings - The Story Of Tonight (DARK GREEN)
      Tryon - Somebody To Love Me (DARK GREEN)

      Delete
    5. Bang My Head (green)
      Sound Of Your Heart (green)
      Victorious (turquoise)
      Dessert (yellow)
      7 Years (green)
      History (purple)
      El Taxi (green)
      Love Yourself (green)
      Once In A While (green)
      Electric Love (green)
      Work (orange)
      Jet Black Heart (green)
      Another Lonely Night (pink)
      The Story Of Tonight (blue)
      Somebody To Love Me (green)

      Delete
    6. Bang My Head (Purple)
      Sound Of Your Heart (Green)
      Victorious (Red)
      Dessert (Purple, this song is awesome!)
      7 Years (Red, I grew out of it)
      History (Blue, Also grew out of it)
      El Taxi (Green)
      Love Yourself (Green)
      Once In A While (Never Heard)
      Electric Love (Green)
      Work (Red)
      Jet Black Heart (Orange)
      Another Lonely Night (Green)
      The Story Of Tonight (Never heard)
      Somebody To Love Me (Green)

      Top 5 Hitbound:
      1. TIE: Bang My Head
      1. TIE: Dessert
      3. Love Yourself
      4. Electric Love
      5. Another Lonely Night

      Bottom 5 Hitbound
      1. Jet Black Heart
      2. Victorious
      3. Work
      4. 7 Years
      5. History (Blue)

      Delete
  11. And I actually watched this without shooting myself: https://youtu.be/jG7mhLbZxLE

    ReplyDelete
  12. #1 Recommendation for Hits-1: Alessia Cara - Wild Things

    ReplyDelete
  13. http://giferator.easports.com/create/team

    ReplyDelete
  14. How did you make this blog? I would like to start my own Sirius XM Hits 1 Weekend Countdown blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a tab that says how to make a blog at the top

      Delete
    2. http://siriusxmhits1weekendcountdown.blogspot.com/p/how-to-create-blog.html

      If you have any other questions, feel free to ask and I'll be more than happy to answer. :)

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Jimmy Choo is his worst song. It's really bad

      Delete
    2. What if I had one of his flip flops?

      Delete
    3. It's not as good as his other songs, but it's pretty good

      Delete
  16. Who's gonna be a teenager this year? Parker is

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun fact: Me and my sister are born in the same month: June. she is born on June 4 and I'm born on the last day of school

    ReplyDelete
  18. A HUGE T45 Mania is out! Big debuts in the top 10! The return of Fetty! And a new #1 all this week on T45 Mania!! Enjoy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Guys!!! I am doing a Super Bowl livestream today at 2:00 central time. Just download Shou.tv and follow me my username is MMC_YT and be sure to watch the stream

    ReplyDelete
  20. Chase,what time does the super bowl start?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nova Rockafeller is born in Edmonton! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  22. And a hockey player is born in MY city!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Adrian, did you enjoy the halftime show?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't as good as I had hoped. But it was still good. I felt Beyoncé and Bruno Mars weren't necessary though. I love Coldplay and I wouldn't mind just watching them. I liked the Beyoncé and Bruno Mars battle part of it. But overall, I would've preferred it without them.

      Delete
    2. I thought it was slow and boring at first, then when they played Paradise and Adventure Of A Lifetime it got much better. I loved Bruno Mars Uptown Funk part, and was easily on of the best. Beyonce's part I really liked, but I thought she started making the lyrics a bit too political for me. The ending with all of them, however was the best part.

      Delete
  24. Well the Broncos are champs, but sadly my prediction was 24-21 and not 24-10 :( whatever got one teams score right haha

    ReplyDelete
  25. The halftime dhow was decent thats it coldplay didnt make a good idea bringing bruno and beyonce with him they overshadowed coldplay so fail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched Super Bowl 50 last night with Mom & Dad, and Beyoncé,
      COLDPLAY & Bruno Mars performed The Super Bowl Halftime.

      Delete
    2. They totally overshadowed Coldplay. So disappointing.

      Delete
  26. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrnBa1eDhXs

    Can Stressed Out hold at #1?

    ReplyDelete
  27. #1 Recommendation for Hits-1: Major Lazer/MOTi/Ty$/Wizkid/Kranium - Boom

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey guys! Q&A 10,000/15,000 Pageview Special voting is out on sxmhits1.blogspot.com! Ask as many questions as you'd like! Voting ends next Friday! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  29. So I am not devastated about the Broncos winning the Super Bowl because Von Miller was MVP and I like him. But I have one other thing to say....




    F*CK PEYTON MANNING!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. If you haven't yet, go check out this weeks t45 Mania! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  31. New post on my blog please check it out I spent a lot of time on it

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congratulations, Broncos. You ruined pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  33. New Music Alert: Pep Rally- Missy Elliott

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow I am out of school today nice :)

    Also if you're ever looking for a league on Madden Mobile then join mine I made after Sunday Funday kicked me out the league is called MMC's Maniacs Of Madden we currently have 17 people and our average overall is 86

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is a Billboard Breakdown Alert.

    This week, a new song tops the Billboard Hot 100 chart, but this is also a Hot Shot Debut at #1. That #1 debut was Zayn Malik's Pillowtalk.

    Meanwhile, another song also debuts in the top 10 this time by Drake. Debuting at #6 Drake's Summer Sixteen.

    I guess being chosen to lead the Super Bowl halftime show will help your songs and albums on the chart, because Hymn For The Weekend debuted at #68. The question is can it become a hit?

    Speaking of Coldplay, their other song, Adventure Of A Lifetime, jumps from #45 to #36.

    I guess when there is a debut at #1, the next few songs must double down back 1 spot. Because Love Yourself, Sorry, Stressed Out, and Hello all dropped 1 spot, despite Stressed Out having the biggest airplay gain.

    Mike Posner's I Took A Pill In Ibiza jumps from #59 to #48, making it his first top 50 hit since 2010 with Cooler Than Me.

    Perfect by One Direction seems to be losing steam, as it drops from #43 to #54.

    I guess we can say people are resisting Fall Out Boy, as their song, Irresistible, drops from #51 to #64.

    Confident drops 20 spots on the Hot 100 from #47 to #67.

    Ellie's Something In The Way You Move jumps from #81 to #70.

    Last weeks' jump didn't really help Andy Grammar, as Good To Be Alive drops from #70 to #84.

    The song that has been in car commercials, Walking On A Dream, makes a big drop this week, from #65 to #89.

    Looks like Missy Elliott's Where They From might be on its way out, as it slides down from #84 to #95.

    I'm Miles, and this was a Billboard Breakdown alert. We now return you to your regularly scheduled commenting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It bothers me that One Direction has never had a #1 single on the Hot 100, but somehow Zayn Malik gets a #1 single immediately. :/

      Delete
    2. I have some good news to tell you, Adrian.

      Delete
    3. Alessia Cara - Wild Things is now on my iPods.

      Delete
    4. Adrian: I know what you mean. Also don't you think its kinda weird how many #1 debuts Billboard has been having as of late?

      Delete
  36. I was on Muthead today and sold a Muthead credit for 600,000 Madden Mobile coins

    ReplyDelete
  37. #1 Recommendation for Hits-1: Major Lazer/Nyla/Fuse ODG - Light it Up

    ReplyDelete
  38. Guys I made a GFX shop on Muthead!! Blog fam gets free for the first week and 50% off after!! Check it out here: http://www.muthead.com/forums/off-topic/graphics/765927-mmcs-gfx-shop

    ReplyDelete
  39. Recommended Downloads:
    Dan + Shay - From the Ground Up
    Cam - Burning House
    Lil Dicky/Fetty Wap/Rich Homie Quan - $ave Dat Money
    Tory Lanez - Say It

    ReplyDelete
  40. NEW MUSIC ALERT: GWEN STEFANI - MAKE ME LIKE YOU

    ReplyDelete