This past week was Homecoming week for me and the Homecoming Dance was last night. I did attend and I did have a lot of fun. I spent just about the entire night on the dancefloor. The DJ there had a pretty good playlist. Please note that a few songs on this countdown that were old/bad last week grew back on me because of last night. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.
- Bea Miller – Fire N Gold (#28)
- Jason Derulo – Cheyenne (#32)
- Major Lazer/DJ Snake/MØ – Lean On (#43)
- Flo Rida/Robin Thicke/Verdine White – I Don't Like It, I Love It (#45)
Last Week's #1 Song: The Weeknd – Can't Feel My Face
45. Selena Gomez – Good For You (#29)
44. All Time Low – Something's Gotta Give (#42)
43. Omi – Cheerleader (#41)
42. Tori Kelly – Should've Been Us (#36)
41. Maroon 5 – Sugar (#44) [2 Weeks At #1]
40. Jess Glynne – Hold My Hand (#39)
39. Nico & Vinz/Bebe Rexha – That's How You Know (DEBUT)
38. Ed Sheeran – Thinking Out Loud (#33) [3 Weeks At #1]
37. The Weeknd – The Hills (DEBUT)
36. Taylor Swift – Bad Blood (#26) [2 Weeks At #1]
35. Echosmith – Let's Love (DEBUT)
34. Wiz Khalifa/Charlie Puth – See You Again (#35) [4 Weeks At #1]
33. Phoebe Ryan – Mine (#22)
32. Ellie Goulding – On My Mind (DEBUT)
31. Los 5 – Manana (#30)
30. Fifth Harmony – Worth It (#25)
29. Andy Grammer – Honey I'm Good (#38) [1 Week At #1]
28. MAX/Hoodie Allen – Gibberish (#23)
27. Rachel Platten – Fight Song (#24)
26. 5 Seconds Of Summer – She's Kinda Hot (#13)
25. Shy Carter/Aleon Craft – Bring It Back (#36)
24. Charlie Puth/Meghan Trainor – Marvin Gaye (#15)
23. Elle King – Ex's and Oh's (#40)
22. Pentatonix – Can't Sleep Love (#17)
21. Justin Bieber – What Do You Mean? (#18)
20. Hailee Steinfeld – Love Myself (#19)
19. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis/Eric Nally – Downtown (#21)
18. X Ambassadors – Renegades (#20)
17. Nick Jonas – Levels (#34)
16. A Great Big World – Hold Each Other (#31)
15. Daya – Hide Away (#16)
14. Jason Derulo – Want To Want Me (#7)
13. Tove Lo – Talking Body (#5)
12. Adam Lambert – Ghost Town (#27)
11. Twenty One Pilots – Tear In My Heart (#12)
10. Little Mix – Black Magic (#13)
9. Fall Out Boy – Uma Thurman (#9)
8. One Direction – Drag Me Down (#8)
7. R. City/Adam Levine – Locked Away (#10)
6. Demi Lovato – Cool For The Summer (#6)
5. Ed Sheeran – Photograph (#2) [1 Week At #1]
4. The Weeknd – Can't Feel My Face (#1) [1 Week At #1]
3. Taylor Swift – Wildest Dreams (#11)
2. Shawn Mendes – Stitches (#4)
1. Walk The Moon – Shut Up and Dance (#3) [11th Week At #1]
Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Selena Gomez – Good For You (–16)
Biggest Jump Of The Week: Tie Between Nick Jonas – Levels and Elle King – Ex's & Oh's (+17)
~ The new Echosmith song, Let's Love, is, in my opinion, bland and uninteresting. It's mediocre at best. That's all I have to say about it.
~ The Hills is the kind of song I like to hear from The Weeknd, a darker kind of song. I think it's really catchy and I would love to see it go far on this countdown.
~ Nico & Vinz are back with That's How You Know. Hits 1 edited out Kid Ink, which I find to be really obnoxious. But that song overall is pretty catchy. I think Nico & Vinz's other two songs, Am I Wrong and In Your Arms, were better. But that's just my opinion.
~ "But my heart don't understand why I got you on my mind!" Ellie Goulding's new single, On My Mind, is hella catchy and I can definitely see it going far on this countdown. I think Love Me Like You Do was better, but I still love On My Mind.
My Heart Don't Understand Why I Got Blurbs On My Mind
~ Jason Derulo – Cheyenne took a Zedd/Jon Bellion – Beautiful Now path leaving the countdown after only three weeks.
~ Shawn Mendes – Stitches has gotten higher than I think the majority of us had expected. Of course, this is a good thing. Maybe we can have a new #1 song within the next few weeks. It would be nice.
~ Stitches hitting #1 is unfortunately not a guarantee as Taylor Swift – Wildest Dreams rose to #3. It's pretty obvious it'll spend at least one week at #1. But then again, we're not 100% sure.
~ Little Mix – Black Magic is now in the Top 10. Nice to see we're getting some fresh new songs in our Top 10 and getting rid of songs like Talking Body.
~ With Selena Gomez – Good For You falling to #45, hopefully it'll be on its way out next week. But I love how it's #45 here and #1 on American Top 40.
~ Phoebe Ryan – Mine shouldn't be dropping. It's definitely one of the better songs on this countdown so I would appreciate if songs like Uma Thurman would drop instead of this one.
~ Dimitri Vegas/Like Mike/Ummet Ozcan – The Hum is still airing throughout the week but not debuting on any weekend shows. I'm losing hope on it debuting anywhere on Hits 1. That's sad because it's a really catchy song.
~ Damn. Adam Lambert – Ghost Town at #12? Thank you voters for voting this awesome song up. :)
~ My homecoming dance last night was super fun. Here are the songs I remember the DJ playing in alphabetical order by artist (they didn't play the songs in this specific order).
- 5 Seconds Of Summer – She's Kinda Hot
- Andy Grammer – Honey I'm Good*
- Ariana Grande/Iggy Azalea – Problem
- Bea Miller – Fire N Gold
- Beyonce – Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)*
- Cali Swag District – Teach Me How To Dougie
- Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne – Rather Be
- Cupid – Cupid Shuffle
- Dillon Francis/DJ Snake – Get Low
- DJ Snake/Lil Jon – Turn Down For What*
- Drake – Back To Back
- Fall Out Boy – Centuries*
- Fifth Harmony/Kid Ink – Worth It
- Fetty Wap – Trap Queen
- Flo Rida/Sage The Gemini/Lookas – GDFR
- Flo Rida/T-Pain – Low*
- Jason Derulo – Want To Want Me*
- Jason Derulo/2 Chainz – Talk Dirty*
- Jessie J/Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Bang Bang
- Justin Bieber – What Do You Mean?
- LMFAO – Party Rock Anthem
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis – Downtown
- Meghan Trainor – Lips Are Movin'
- Mr. C The Slide Man – Cha Cha Slide
- One Direction – Drag Me Down
- Panic! At The Disco – I Write Sins Not Tragedies
- Pitbull/John Ryan – Fireball
- Pitbull/Ke$ha – Timber
- Pitbull/TJR – Don't Stop The Party
- The Weeknd – Can't Feel My Face*
- Sam Hunt – House Party
- Silento – Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)*
- Steve Aoki/Kid Ink – Delirious (Boneless)
- Walk The Moon – Shut Up and Dance*
- + many others that I didn't know
*Was bad at first, may grow back out of me within the next few days.
~ The Hit 45 Chart for this week is out! Will Hey Mama by David Guetta hold at #1 for a second week in a row and a record-breaking 12th week overall?!?! You'll have to hang on to find out!
~ Throwback Pick Of The Week: Kanye West/Chris Martin – Homecoming
~ #1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Sia – Alive
~ #1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Sia – Alive
My Top 5 Picks
1. X Ambassadors – Renegades
2. Little Mix – Black Magic
3. Adam Lambert – Ghost Town
4. Ellie Goulding – On My Mind
5. Nico & Vinz/Bebe Rexha – That's How You Know