So I did my research and I've come to the conclusion that Andy Grammer – Honey I'm Good has taken 32 weeks to hit #1. It's already more than halfway to lasting a year and it just hit #1 now!!! Plus, who knows how long this song will stay at #1. It's safe to say this song had the longest climb to #1 in Hits 1 Weekend Countdown history, but I'm not 100% sure it's correct. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.
- Nick Jonas – Chains (#41)
- Katy Tiz – Whistle (While You Work It) (#42)
- Meghan Trainor – Dear Future Husband (#43)
- Shaggy/Mohombi/Faydee/Costi – I Need Your Love (#44)
Last Week's #1 Song: Walk The Moon – Shut Up and Dance
45. Pitbull/Chris Brown – Fun (#40)
44. Carly Rae Jepsen – I Really Like You (#39)
43. Fall Out Boy – Centuries (#35) [2 Weeks At #1]
42. Nick Jonas – Jealous (#29)
41. Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk (#38) [4 Weeks At #1]
40. Maroon 5 – Sugar (#28) [2 Weeks At #1]
39. Ellie Goulding – Love Me Like You Do (#36) [2 Weeks At #1]
38. Shawn Mendes – Stitches (DEBUT)
37. Taylor Swift – Blank Space (#45) [6 Weeks At #1]
36. Ed Sheeran – Thinking Out Loud (#33) [3 Weeks At #1]
35. MKTO – Bad Girls (DEBUT)
34. Echosmith – Bright (#37)
33. Nicki Minaj – The Night Is Still Young (#30)
32. Tori Kelly – Should've Been Us (DEBUT)
31. Flo Rida/Robin Thicke/Verdine White – I Don't Like It, I Love It (#32)
30. Charlie Puth/Meghan Trainor – Marvin Gaye (#31)
29. Major Lazer/DJ Snake/MØ – Lean On (#23)
28. The Heydaze – Dumb (#26)
27. The Mowgli's – I'm Good (#24)
26. Selena Gomez – Good For You (#16)
25. Taylor Swift – Style (#34) [1 Week At #1]
24. Jess Glynne – Hold My Hand (#25)
23. American Authors – Go Big Or Go Home (#19)
22. David Guetta/Nicki Minaj/Bebe Rexha/Afrojack – Hey Mama (#10)
21. One Direction/Zayn Malik – Where Do Broken Hearts Go (#13)
20. DJ Snake/AlunaGeorge – You Know You Like It (#14)
19. Maroon 5 – This Summer's Gonna Hurt... (#11)
18. Wiz Khalifa/Charlie Puth – See You Again (#4) [4 Weeks At #1]
17. 5 Seconds Of Summer – She's Kinda Hot (DEBUT)
16. Fifth Harmony – Worth It (#20)
15. Sam Hunt – Take Your Time (#21)
14. Bea Miller – Fire N Gold (#22)
13. All Time Low – Something's Gotta Give (#17)
12. Demi Lovato – Cool For The Summer (#18)
11. Twenty One Pilots – Tear In My Heart (#15)
10. The Weeknd – Can't Feel My Face (#27)
9. Fall Out Boy – Uma Thurman (#7)
8. Omi – Cheerleader (#12)
7. Rachel Platten – Fight Song (#9)
6. Jason Derulo – Want To Want Me (#6)
5. Ed Sheeran – Photograph (#5)
4. Tove Lo – Talking Body (#8)
3. Taylor Swift – Bad Blood (#2) [1 Week At #1]
2. Walk The Moon – Shut Up and Dance (#1) [5 Weeks At #1]
1. Andy Grammer – Honey I'm Good (#3) [1st Week At #1]
#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Sam Smith – Stay With Me
Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Wiz Khalifa/Charlie Puth – See You Again (–14)
Biggest Jump Of The Week: The Weeknd – Can't Feel My Face (+17)
Well, even though it's kind of old, I'm happy Honey I'm Good has achieved the #1 spot. I knew it was possible. I hope this song stays there for a few weeks just so Shut Up and Dance can start moving down the countdown.
~ Tori Kelly is back sooner than I expected with her second countdown song, Should've Been Us. I had to listen to this one quite a few times to get a solid opinion on it. It's pretty catchy. Tori Kelly has this unique voice similar to Demi Lovato that allows to really hit those high notes. I really don't know if this song is better than Nobody Love from earlier this year. But for now, I'm enjoying this song.
~ Shawn Mendes – Stitches is not necessarily my favorite song from Shawn Mendes. But it's pretty good. It spent quite a while on Hit-Bound. I think Shawn Mendes has a lot of potential for a 16-year-old. He has a very unique voice that I instantly fell in love with.
~ MKTO are back yet again with their new single, Bad Girls. I have to say, it's very hard for them to try and top their most successful song, Classic. Bad Girls comes with a whole lot of funk that instantly caught my attention. And that chorus though. These guys have done it yet again with this song.
~ Finally we have the returning band, 5 Seconds Of Summer. They debuted (up at #17) with She's Kinda Hot. This isn't necessarily my favorite song from them as I think She Looks So Perfect and What I Like About You were better. They try very hard to be a rock band when in reality, they're just another pop-rock band. But hey, this band is full of hot guys. So what more do you need?
Should've Been Blurbs
~ The ratio of good to bad songs in the Top 10 is currently 1:5. That's not good at all. Plus we had four bad songs in a row.
~ Maroon 5 – This Summer's Gonna Hurt... barely had any airplay this week yet it's still in the Top 20.
~ Adding to that last blurb, David Guetta/Nicki Minaj/Afrojack – Hey Mama and One Direction – Where Do Broken Hearts Go aired normally on Monday, but then just stopped airing for the rest of the week. Of course I'm happy Where Do Broken Hearts Go and Hey Mama are still in the upper half of the countdown. But they may be leaving us soon.
~ The Heydaze – Dumb has probably already hit its peak at its debut position. I don't see it getting any higher.
~ Charlie Puth/Meghan Trainor – Marvin Gaye clearly isn't getting anywhere on this countdown spending most of its time below #30 even though it was #17 on iTunes last time I checked.
~ Adam Lambert – Ghost Town has spent a really long time on Hit-Bound and has shown no signs of debuting in the near future. It may not make it to the countdown unfortunately.
~ Bea Miller – Fire N Gold has hit a new peak at #14. Her new album, Not An Apology came out earlier this week. You should go check it out.
~ Nico & Vinz/Bebe Rexha – That's How You Know is on Hit-Bound. Why did Hits 1 have to edit out Kid Ink??? This is so annoying. Hits 1 needs to give these rappers some credit.
~ In entertainment news, this past week was One Direction's 5-year-anniversary as a band. It was all over Twitter with the #5YearsOfOneDirection. Honestly these boys have grown so much in the past five years and it's amazing to see how a band that came in 3rd place on The X Factor can suddenly become the biggest boyband in the world. So congrats to them on this special achievement.
~ Before I wrap this up, I just want to quickly go over one specific rule for commenting here. First off, I don't care if you swear in the comment section. Swear all you want as long as your not offending/insulting other people. But please do not use the word "gay" when you're insulting something. It's extremely offensive to not only me, but anyone else who might be gay. That's all. "Gay" is not a term you may use to insult with. If I see it used like that from here on out, I will immediately remove your comment. That's it.
~ The Hit 45 Chart for this week is out! Will Hey Mama be the #1 song for a seventh time overall?!?!?! You'll have to click to find out!
~ Throwback Pick Of The Week: Andy Grammer – Fine By Me
My Top 5 Picks
1. David Guetta/Nicki Minaj/Afrojack – Hey Mama
2. One Direction – Where Do Broken Hearts Go
3. Demi Lovato – Cool For The Summer
4. Fifth Harmony – Worth It
5. Ed Sheeran – Photograph