Saturday, March 7, 2015

Ed Sheeran (1) – Week Of March 7, 2015


This week was not very interesting at all. Definitely could've been better. But whatever. Sometimes, you just gotta fight through the bad weeks so you can enjoy the good weeks even more. Before we get to this week’s Fresh 45, here are the songs we’re saying goodbye to this week.


  • 5 Seconds Of Summer – What I Like About You (#42)
  • Fifth Harmony – Sledgehammer (#44)

Last Week’s #1 Song: Taylor Swift – Blank Space
The Countdown
45. Ed Sheeran – Don’t (#43)
44. Pitbull/Ne-Yo – Time Of Our Lives (#29)
43. OneRepublic – Love Runs Out (#45)
42. Taylor Swift – Shake It Off (#40)
41. Sam Smith – I’m Not The Only One (#28)
40. Alesso/Tove Lo – Heroes (We Could Be) (RE-ENTRY)
39. Priory – Weekend (#38)
38. MKTO – American Dream (#35)
37. AronChupa – I’m An Albatraoz (#36)
36. Kelly Clarkson – Heartbeat Song (#30)
35. Flo Rida/Sage The Gemini – GDFR (#39)
34. George Ezra – Budapest (DEBUT)
33. Ne-Yo – She Knows (#41)
32. Life Of Dillon – Overload (#33)
31. The Vamps/Demi Lovato – Somebody To You (#19)
30. Charli XCX – Boom Clap (#26)
29. Nick Jonas – Jealous (#32)
28. Nova Rockafeller – Made In Gold (#31)
27. Walk The Moon – Shut Up and Dance (#34)
26. Eden XO – The Weekend (#37)
25. LunchMoney Lewis – Bills (#22)
24. OneRepublic – I Lived (#11)
23. Tori Kelly – Nobody Love (#25)
22. Lilly Wood & The Prick/Robin Schulz – Prayer In C (#24)
21. Ariana Grande – One Last Time (#26)
20. Usher – I Don’t Mind (#17)
19. R5 – Let’s Not Be Alone Tonight (#23)
18. Fall Out Boy – Uma Thurman (#20)
17. Olly Murs/Travie McCoy – Wrapped Up (#21)
16. Sheppard – Geronimo (#16)
15. Rihanna/Kanye West/Paul McCartney – FourFiveSeconds (#15)
14. Ella Henderson – Ghost (#18)
13. One Direction – Night Changes (#8)
12. Vance Joy – Riptide (#14)
11. Taylor Swift – Style (#10)
10. Fall Out Boy – Centuries (#4)
  9. Andy Grammer – Honey I’m Good (#6)
  8. Imagine Dragons – I Bet My Life (#9)
  7. Meghan Trainor – Lips Are Movin’ (#12)
  6. Hozier – Take Me To Church (#7)
  5. Ellie Goulding – Love Me Like You Do (#13)
  4. Maroon 5 – Sugar (#5)
  3. Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk (#3)
  2. Taylor Swift – Blank Space (#1)
  1. Ed Sheeran – Thinking Out Loud (#2) [1st Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Pitbull/Ne-Yo – Time Of Our Lives (–15)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Eden XO – The Weekend (+11)

Interesting. Correct me if I’m wrong. But I believe this is the first time we’ve had the same artist at both ends of the countdown.

New Entrants
~ "We could be heroes!" You know what would've made you heroes? Not re-entering at all. I'm not trying to sound mean. I just don't think this song really deserved to re-enter.

~ Everyone is claiming that Hits 1 plays a remix George Ezra – Budpest. Since I haven't heard that remix, I'll just review my opinion of the original. I didn't like it at first. I thought George Ezra's voice was really weird. But it's grown on me a bit. And George Ezra is actually a good-looking guy.

Blurbing Out Loud
~ Priory – Weekend did not air at all this week. But it's still here. Okay then.

~ I've officially grown into Tori Kelly – Nobody Love, Ariana Grande – One Last Time, and Taylor Swift – Style.

~ Ellie Goulding – Love Me Like You Do is now in the Top 5. If we could just fix what's going on with #4, #3, and #1, that would be fantastic.

~ Hozier – Take Me To Church must re-enter the Top 5! Who's with me?! Anyone? No? Okay then.....

~ I know I'm not the only one who's sick and tired of Sheppard – Geronimo.

~ Great. Eden XO – The Weekend has already reached a higher position than Too Cool To Dance. I sense an annoyingly long tenure ahead of us.

~ Hard to believe Kelly Clarkson – Heartbeat Song had some success about a month ago. I knew it wouldn't get as popular as Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) and Catch My Breath.

~ Meghan Trainor – Lips Are Movin' is officially old. Please leave before I start to hate you.

~ OneRepublic – I Lived dropped to #24 this week. Yaaaassssssss!!! That song is old!!!

~ Nova Rockafeller – Made In Gold is such a catchy tune to jam out to. I want to see some more success out of it!

~ Avicii/Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up aired quite a few times this week. Of course Hits 1 plays previous hits. But I didn't think the same previous hit would air 5 times during the week.

~ David Guetta/Nicki Minaj/Afrojack – Hey Mama and Charli XCX/Rita Ora – Doing It once again had some airplay during the week, but was not added to Hit-Bound or the countdown. Wtf Hits 1?!

~ I officially love Betty Who – All Of You has much as I did when it entered Hit-Bound last year! Please have it debut this time.

~ Quick reminder that this upcoming Friday is Friday The 13th. The second month in a row.

~ I unfortunately did not hear the countdown. So I did not hear any of our guest DJ's. I will find a time over the weekend to listen in for the OneRepublic – I Lived and Sheppard – Geronimo guest DJ's. So don't worry guys. One way or another, I will listen in to you announcing these songs.

~ Apparently according to the poll, more people think the dress is white and gold. Even after me explaining that it's blue and black. Whatever. You all are wrong!!! Even Ellen DeGeneres is wrong because she thought it was white and gold. Here's a video where she has guests who talk about the dress and it's original color: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa1mFOWIUNU

~ Round 3 results for the Which Song Is Better? Competition have been posted. The link to the Round 4 survey is now in the "Voting" tab. So go and vote as well as checking out the results for Round 3.

~ Hit 45 Chart post for this weekend is out! Click here to see if Olly Murs/Demi Lovato – Up will hold #1 for a second week in a row.

~ It is rumored that two of our dance-rock collaborations are returning to make some music. Avicii and Coldplay are returning after the successful track A Sky Full Of Stars with Heaven, the first single to be released from Avicii's sophomore album, Stories. Also returning after A Light That Never Comes, we have Steve Aoki and Linkin Park. Horizons is the rumored title for the new single. I do indeed look forward to these releases. 

~ Robin Schulz/Jasmine Thompson – Sun Goes Down is now the longest trending song on the YouTube15 with Jenna Marbles.

~ Interesting video this week: Hozier covers Ariana Grande – Problem at the BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge. My one word to describe it: Perfection.
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nox3Oswbbk

~ #1 Recommendation(s) For Hits 1: Nickelback – She Keeps Me Up and Carly Rae Jepsen – I Really Like You

~ I am currently thinking of an idea for my 300,000 pageview special post! I just want to say thanks to everyone who reads, follows, and comments on my posts. You guys are amazing. I always dedicate an hour of my time every weekend to post this countdown and review it for you guys! So thanks for everything you've done to have this blog be one of the top results on Google. 300,000 pageviews. Just....wow. I did not think I would get this far. It's amazing. Just wait till that day when I reach 1,000,000 pageviews. We're getting there guys! Slowly but surely! So once again, a huge thanks to everyone who enjoys this blog and finds it interesting enough to come back every week.

My Top 5 Picks
1. Hozier – Take Me To Church
2. Andy Grammer – Honey I'm Good
3. Ne-Yo – She Knows
4. Nova Rockafeller – Made In Gold
5. Taylor Swift – Style

My Bottom 5 Picks
1. Charli XCX – Boom Clap
2. Ed Sheeran – Thinking Out Loud
3. Usher – I Don't Mind
4. LunchMoney Lewis – Bills
5. Sheppard – Geronimo

56 comments:

  1. Waaaaaaahaaaaaaaahaaaaaaahaaaaaa
    Everything's wrong vote for pitbull it doesn't deserved a drop waaaaah

    ReplyDelete
  2. But YAAAAASSSSS YOU HATE HEARTBEAT SONG LKE REMY! RIGHT REMY?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ITS OK LEAH
      Heartbeat song grew on me for 1 week then it's bad again

      Delete
    2. Silly I was talking to remy did he hate heartbeat song too like me?

      Delete
  3. Blurbs of Adrian's horrible countdown
    1.wow didn't notice Ed Sheeran was number 45 and 1
    2.its been nice knowing you time of our lives it was fun
    3.I STILL LIKE IM NOT THE ONLY ONE
    4.heroes why why would u do this IT SHOULDVE BEEN EARNED IT
    5.why G.D.F.R in blue ITS AN AWESOME SONG
    6.George Ezra is a good lookin guy (Adrian and George sittin in a tree (jk))
    7.i was sure overload would be gone
    8.why is the weekend higher than SHUT UP AND DANCE and G.D.F.R
    9.bills is good (I lived is not old u know that Adrian)
    10.I don't mind shouldn't be dropping
    11.prayer in c is getting old
    12.I did not hear 45seconds a lot spyder loves it too much
    13.Adrian remember when you hated Take Me To Church (it was when it was on hit-bound) and now it's your favorite
    14.TEAM SUGAR AND THINKING OUT LOUD
    15.geronimo is not old u know that
    16.weekend SHOULDVE left
    17.how long has Infinity been on hit-bound (a year?)
    18.i heard wake me up so much I was scared it would re-enter
    19.omi-cheerleader is HORRIBLE is Adrian's I don't mind
    20.i like hey mama
    21.ugh sun goes down is still on YouTube 15 (your joking)
    22.wow 1st time hit-bound the first time was all 15 songs
    23.jim shearer isn't on VH1 anymore Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa this sucks
    24.jason how did that guy ruin your DJ thing

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I know that considering this is Ed Sheeran's first #1 song. I meant artists in general, not just Ed Sheeran.

      Delete
  5. Adrian, I don't want to come across as picky and rude, but the single cover you have for Thinking Out Loud is the promotional cover. The "real" single cover is this:
    http://www.radioscoop.com/imgs/174643_640_640.jpg

    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I look up "Thinking Out Loud single cover", the cover I have up is what shows the most. :P

      Delete
    2. Oh, really?
      Then, what's THIS PICTURE?
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thinking_Out_Loud_(Ed_Sheeran_song)

      EH?

      Delete
    3. And, what's THIS?
      https://soundcloud.com/edsheeran
      And, what's THIS?
      http://store.warnermusic.com/thinking-out-loud-vinyl-single.html

      Also, look at the single covers for Sing:
      http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b7/Ed_Sheeran_Sing.png
      Don't:
      http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/86/Ed_Sheeran_-_Don't_(Official_Single_Cover).png
      And the Rudimental remix of Bloodstream:
      http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1a/Ed_Sheeran_Bloodstream_Remix.jpg
      Again, one more look at the Thinking Out Loud cover:
      http://www.radioscoop.com/imgs/174643_640_640.jpg

      >:)

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does spyder let u pick or your assigned random for the guest dj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's randomly assigned. I think it just depends on when you call. I called in towards the end of Spyder's show, and I got #6.

      Delete
  8. How about a review, eh?

    x42. About time. (yellow)
    x44. Thanks for trying. (pink)

    45. I admit it: I love this song again. (green)
    44. Oh…okay. Sorry, Leah. (blue)
    43. Is there anybody else who still loves this song? ANYBODY ELSE? (purple)
    42. Please go away. (turquoise)
    41. This actually felt like a bigger, crazier drop to me than Time of Our Lives. (yellow)
    40. Huh. I never would've guessed. (yellow)
    39. I'm surprised this song is still hanging on. (green)
    38. Okay, enough is enough. (yellow)
    37. no comment, really (blue)
    36. I'm just gonna make a wild guess and say this song's going to be Reflections 2.0. (pink)
    35. No. Please no. (red)
    34. This song was JUST FINE the way it was. JUST. FINE. (green for original, blue for remix)
    33. Huh. I did hear this a lot during the week. If you heard my story in the last post, you'd understand that as of now the chorus almost sounds like Ne-Yo's taunting me. (blue)
    32. Huh. This song probably won't go further unfortunately. (green)
    31. Okay, then. (pink)
    30. I vividly remember hearing this song on Hitbound………in JUNE. (turquoise)
    29. This song is getting better and better and better the more I listen to it. (green)
    28. I'm still trying to decide whether or not I like this song.
    27. I've got a feeling this'll do very well on here. (green)
    26. How DARE they give this song the biggest jump of the week?!?! (orange)
    25. This might not have a long run, sadly. (green)
    24. I'm sad to see this song "flailing." (green)
    23. This song might have a chance to be big. (green)
    22. Oh, new peak! (green)
    21. I don't know about this one. (blue)
    20. This had better pull a What I Like About You. (red)
    19. This is doing pretty well, surprisingly. (blue/green)
    18. My mother listened to this song and noticed the sample from the Munsters theme. She thought it was pretty cool. (blue/green)
    17. Higher, higher! (green)
    16. I didn't notice anything wrong with Jason's guest DJ spot. It sounded perfectly fine to me. I heard shout-outs to Remy (aww), Adrian, and Lance. Jason, if you're reading this, then I think you did a good job on your guest DJ spot. (green)
    15. Something tells me this song has already reached its peak. :( (green)
    14. Hang in there! (green/pink/green)
    13. I was surprised to see this song leave the top 10. (green)
    12. YES YES YES YES YES NEW PEAK I'M SO HAPPY (green)
    11. I was sure this song would jump into the top 5. It didn't. (blue)
    10. I was sure beyond sure this would make a big drop. (pink)
    9. Surprised to see this one dropping suddenly. But, then again, it's the Weekend Countdown! And the Weekend Countdown is the one countdown out there that truly possesses the element of SURPRISE. :D (blue)
    8. Keep on going! (green)
    7. I'm not so sure how I feel about this. (yellow)
    6. Huh. It seems this song won't give up without a fight. (yellow)
    5. This was totally unexpected. This song actually feels a bit awkward now that I know what Fifty Shades of Grey is…about. (blue)
    4. Sorry, Adrian, but this just might have a chance at #1. (blue)
    3. That's enough. (yellow)
    2. AND STAY AWAY FROM THAT SPOT!!! (turquoise)
    1.














    Words can't even describe how freaking AWESOME THIS IS!!!!!!!! #ApologiesToAdrian (green)

    This Week's #NúmeroUnoPorFavor: Vance Joy - Riptide
    Thatchos’ Most Missed Song of the Week: Rita Ora - I Will Never Let You Down
    Thatchos’ Second Most Missed Song of the Week: Avicii/Aloe Blacc - Wake Me Up
    Song I Suddenly Really Love of the Week: Who Is Fancy - Goodbye
    Song I Fell Back in Love With of the Week: Ed Sheeran - Don't
    Song Not on Hits 1 I Recommend of the Week: Mark Ronson/Kevin Parker - Daffodils
    Song That Suddenly Got Stuck in My Head of the Week: Sam Smith - Lay Me Down
    Song I…Hate…Less…(?) of the Week: Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk
    Throwback Pick of the Week: Jonas Brothers - Paranoid
    Totally Obscure Song We Really Should All Listen To of the Week: Billy Joel - The Stranger

    Aaaaaaaand that's it from me!
    Thanks for reading!
    Thatchos is out! Peace!
    #LLAP
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mow that song keeps dropping I hope it doesn't leave next week
      If it did I will go like this
      NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PLEASE PLEASE WAAAAAh
      Yeah

      Delete
  9. Song I miss so bad Naughty Boy/Sam Smith-La La La

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAAAAAAAAASS I MISS THAT ONE TOO

      Delete
    2. When your words mean nothing I go La la la👐

      Delete
    3. (Other) Throwback Pick Of The Week: The Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow

      Delete
  10. My reaction to Love Me Like You Do at #5:😧😑😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡🔥💔

    ReplyDelete
  11. Or: http://glee.wikia.com/wiki/File:Skype-emoticons-21-angry.gif

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is it just me, or does Tori Kelly look a LOT like Shakira?
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tori Kelly looks somewhat like Shakira

    ReplyDelete
  14. I heard la la la while in a store same with happy (now I miss both) and yes she does look like shakers somewhat

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will remember this weekend as the weekend that Thinking Out Loud finally became the #1 song in America.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It still has yet to reach #1 on the American Top 40 as it's stuck behind Uptown Funk. Hopefully, that song doesn't hit #1 there.

      Delete
    2. Yet Thinking Out Loud hit #1 on this week's Mediabase Top 40 chart, which is the chart that the AT40 uses for their shows. There is a delay, though; a Mediabase chart published, for example, on a Sunday, January 1, doesn't make the AT40 until the show dated Saturday, January 21.

      Delete
  16. Jason Derulo's new song Want To Want Me is amazing!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Says the person who liked Wiggle. :/

      Delete
    2. Trust me, it's amazing. Plus, when was the last time we agreed on music?

      Delete
  17. TOMMOROW IS MY BIRTHDAY ILL BE 11

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shucks I heard omi cheerleader on hits 1 today

      Delete
    2. Happy early birthday Graham!
      -Remy

      Delete
  18. I heard fire n gold at number 2 on wutchuwant. I keep hearing reflections break free and all of you, heard I want you to know once.
    -ommy

    ReplyDelete
  19. We all know you and Thatchos love Overload. But some (okay, I) would argue this is a better overload: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUGNPPr0oIA

    ReplyDelete
  20. Whats yo guys numbers just wondering im 2013944532

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. THEY PLAY THR REMIX AGAIN!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Not trying to be mean or anything. But if we cannot comment our phone numbers, that'd be great. Just for security reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yeah I'm with Adrian.
    -ommy

    ReplyDelete
  25. The full Hitbound list from March 7th 2015. Got to hear all 15 songs in the 9-10AM timeslot. Unfortunately there are no new songs.

    1. Natalie La Rose / Jeremih - Somebody

    2. Echosmith - Bright

    3. Cash Cash - Surrender

    4. Nick Jonas - Chains

    5. Betty Who - All Of You

    6. Ryan Cabrera - House On Fire

    7. Sam Smith - Lay Me Down

    8. Rixton - Hotel Ceiling

    9. Calvin Harris and Ellie Goulding - Outside

    10. Ryn Weaver - Octahate

    11. Shawn Mendes - Life Of The Party

    12. AJR - Infinity

    13. The Weeknd - Earned It

    14. Nate Reuss - Nothing Without Love

    15. Tove Lo - Talking Body

    ReplyDelete
  26. FourFiveSeconds is gonna drop😭

    ReplyDelete
  27. I bought Reflection by Fifth Harmony. Its Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worth It, Sledgehammer, Bo$$, or Top Down

      Delete
    2. old news to lance I'm an albatross left
      sad news for adrian good lance that

      Delete
    3. I have X- Ed Sheeran, Pure Heroine- Lorde, and The Hiest- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

      Delete
  28. mikey piff told me nobody love would hold this week

    ReplyDelete