What's up guys? Last week I said this week's post may be delayed. I lied. This post is here on time! I don't know about you but I just started spring break. So I got a whole week off of school and stress! Anyway, Ms. Swift is back at #1 for a sixth week, the halfway point of the number of weeks Shake It Off spent at the top. This week was a mix of good and bad. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.
- Usher – I Don't Mind (#29)
- Nova Rockafeller – Made In Gold (#31)
- OneRepublic – Love Runs Out (#40)
- Ed Sheeran – Don't (#42)
Last Week's #1 Song: Ed Sheeran – Thinking Out Loud
45. Meghan Trainor – Lips Are Movin' (RE-ENTRY)
44. Alesso/Tove Lo – Heroes (We Could Be) (#45)
43. Taylor Swift – Shake It Off (#44)
42. The Weeknd – Earned It (#34)
41. Nick Jonas – Jealous (#32)
40. Hozier – Take Me To Church (#26)
39. MKTO – American Dream (#33)
38. Fall Out Boy – Centuries (#30)
37. The Vamps/Demi Lovato – Somebody To You (#28)
36. Marlon Roudette – When The Beat Drops Out (#39)
35. R5 – Let's Not Be Alone Tonight (#35)
34. Sam Smith – I'm Not The Only One (#38)
33. Eden XO – The Weekend (#37)
32. Echosmith – Bright (DEBUT)
31. Life Of Dillon – Overload (#24)
30. Nick Jonas – Chains (DEBUT)
29. Pitbull/Ne-Yo – Time Of Our Lives (#43)
28. Vance Joy – Riptide (#19)
27. Rihanna/Kanye West/Paul McCartney – FourFiveSeconds (#41)
26. George Ezra – Budapest (#22)
25. Calvin Harris/Ellie Goulding – Outside (#25)
24. Imagine Dragons – I Bet My Life (#11)
23. Flo Rida/Sage The Gemini/Lookas – GDFR (#27)
22. Sam Smith/John Legend – Lay Me Down (DEBUT)
21. Zedd/Selena Gomez – I Want You To Know (#23)
20. Tori Kelly – Nobody Love (#21)
19. LunchMoney Lewis – Bills (#18)
18. OneRepublic – I Lived (#6)
17. Jason Derulo – Want To Want Me (#36)
16. Sheppard – Geronimo (#13)
15. Olly Murs/Travie McCoy – Wrapped Up (#9)
14. Ella Henderson – Ghost (#8)
13. Natalie La Rose/Jeremih – Somebody (#20)
12. Kelly Clarkson – Heartbeat Song (#16)
11. Walk The Moon – Shut Up and Dance (#17)
10. Ariana Grande – One Last Time (#14)
9. Andy Grammer – Honey I'm Good (#7)
8. Fall Out Boy – Uma Thurman (#15)
7. One Direction – Night Changes (#12)
6. Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk (#3)
5. Maroon 5 – Sugar (#4)
4. Ellie Goulding – Love Me Like You Do (#5)
3. Taylor Swift – Style (#10)
2. Ed Sheeran – Thinking Out Loud (#1)
1. Taylor Swift – Blank Space (#2) [6th Week At #1]
Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Hozier – Take Me To Church (–14)
Biggest Jump Of The Week: Jason Derulo – Want To Want Me (+19)
~ We got an unwelcome re-entry from Lips Are Movin' at #45. So only 3 newbies.
~ Echosmith are back with their second countdown song. I have to say, my initial reaction to Bright was not as good as my initial reaction to Cool Kids. This is a sweet song. But I don't necessarily think it belongs here. That's just my opinion though.
~ Nick Jonas is here with the song that was actually released BEFORE Jealous. It's called Chains. I enjoyed this song months ago. But I still somewhat enjoy it now. Seriously though I was listening to this song on repeat months ago. I guess better late than never?
~ Sam Smith debuted with soul singer John Legend with Lay Me Down. I think the addition of John's vocals are really good. This song is NOWHERE near as good as Stay With Me. But I guess it's alright? I guess we could have worse.
When The Blurb Drops Out
~ Uh, excuse me Hits 1. But I believe The Weeknd – Earned It is #6 on iTunes? So what's it doing at #42 here??? Hits 1 needs to get it together.
~ That's right everyone. I now have no opinion on Thinking Out Loud. I started to somewhat enjoy it. But it's just too slow and not what I would want to hear in my car.
~ Calvin Harris/Ellie Goulding – Outside doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Okay then.
~ After repeated listens to it over the course of the week, Marlon Roudette – When The Beat Drops Out is now my favorite song on the countdown. Some more recognition for that song would be nice.
~ Oh my god. Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk is not in the Top 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~ Remember when Taylor Swift – Shake It Off was #1 and Blank Space took a jump to #3? Well we're in that same situation. And instead of Fall Out Boy being the meat of the sandwich, we have Ed Sheeran. Hopefully he realizes that Taylor will not be leaving his life anytime soon.
~ Speaking of Taylor, I actually still like Blank Space. I'm happy that it's #1 and not Uptown Funk or Thinking Out Loud. My numero uno por favor this week though goes to Ellie Goulding – Love Me Like You Do. You reached #1 on iTunes. You can do it here too.
~ Rihanna just dropped her single which is currently taking over iTunes at #1. It's called Bitch Better Have My Money. It's catchy and upbeat unlike FourFiveSeconds. It's pretty good. And it's Rihanna. You can't go wrong with Rihanna.
~ Zayn Malik did leave One Direction earlier this week. But people need to calm down because they are overreacting. He didn't die. So people need to just move on. I know it's hard at first. But dammit it's been three days people! And Louis, Niall, Harry, and Liam will all continue in the band. So the band isn't quitting.
~ MKTO – American Dream is sooooo ollldddddddd!!!!!!! Who the hell is still voting for this song???!!!!! I wanna have a little talk with them...
~ 75% of our exits were songs that deserved to go. Thank god we (hopefully) don't have to deal with them anymore.
~ Even though I absolutely HATE Uptown Funk, I also hate it when people say "Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars". Then I say, "It's by Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars." But then they say, "I only hear Bruno Mars singing." That's true. Bruno Mars does do all of the singing, but the singing only. Everything else you hear in the song is Mark Ronson. So while you think Bruno Mars contributes to most if not the entire song, in reality, Mark Ronson does most of the work producing the entire song and creating what it is you hear in the song. That's why it's Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars and not Bruno Mars featuring Mark Ronson. I usually end up winning the argument.
~ Shaggy/Mohombi/Faydee/Costi – I Need Your Love is on Hit-Bound. It's a really good song and I hope it debuts soon.
~ It looks like Natalie La Rose/Jeremih – Somebody really takes this countdown seriously already being at #13. That's what I like to see.
~ Jason Derulo – Want To Want Me is actually a really good song! Even though it's not good enough to make it into My Top 5 Picks, it's still a really good, really catchy song.
My Top 5 Picks
1. Marlon Roudette – When The Beat Drops Out
2. The Weeknd – Earned It
3. Natalie La Rose/Jeremih – Somebody
4. Calvin Harris/Ellie Goulding – Outside
5. Zedd/Selena Gomez – I Want You To Know