Saturday, December 27, 2014

Taylor Swift (1) – Week Of December 27, 2014


Welcome to the last countdown post of 2014! Can you believe this year has gone by so fast??? I sure can't. I hope everyone had a really nice Christmas. I'll be going on a mini vacation starting tomorrow. So I wanna get as much done as I can as I still have some end of the year related posts to post including Round 2 of the "Which Song Is Better? Competition", the results for the voting polls you guys voted for, and your end of the year countdown where voting has been going on for months. I also wanna try and post a special end of the year countdown for the Hit 45 Chart. So much to do, so little time. Before we get to this week’s Fresh 45, here are the songs we’re saying goodbye to this week.


  • Jessie J/Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Bang Bang (#33)
  • Ariana Grande – Problem (#42)

Last Week’s #1 Song: Taylor Swift – Shake It Off
The Countdown
45. Olivia Somerlyn – Parachute (#27)
44. Ed Sheeran – Don’t (#43)
43. Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass (#44)
42. Mr. Probz/Robin Schulz – Waves (#28)
41. Eden XO – (Not) Too Cool To Dance (#38)
40. OneRepublic – Love Runs Out (#45)
39. 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect (#36)
38. Ariana Grande/The Weeknd – Love Me Harder (DEBUT)
37. Bea Miller – Young Blood (#34)
36. MisterWives – Reflections (#41) [???!!!]
35. Charli XCX – Boom Clap (#37)
34. James Newton Howard/Jennifer Lawrence – The Hanging Tree (#39)
33. Tove Lo – Habits (Stay High) (#32)
32. Selena Gomez – The Heart Wants What It Wants (#29)
31. Calvin Harris/John Newman – Blame (#13) [#Expected]
30. Fifth Harmony – Sledgehammer (#40)
29. Ed Sheeran – Thinking Out Loud (DEBUT)
28. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Amnesia (#24)
27. Lorde – Yellow Flicker Beat (#30)
26. Ariana Grande/Zedd – Break Free (#9)
25. One Direction – Night Changes (#15)
24. OneRepublic – I Lived (#26)
23. Mary J. Blige – Therapy (#25)
22. Vance Joy – Riptide (#22)
21. Charli XCX – Break The Rules (#23)
20. Andy Grammer – Honey I’m Good (#35)
19. Echosmith – Cool Kids (#12)
18. Nico and Vinz – In Your Arms (#21)
17. Maroon 5 – Maps (#14)
16. Iggy Azalea/MØ – Beg For It (#19)
15. Sam Smith – I’m Not The Only One (#18)
14. One Direction – Steal My Girl (#31)
13. Ella Henderson – Ghost (#16)
12. MKTO – American Dream (#8)
11. Hozier – Take Me To Church (#20)
10. The Vamps/Demi Lovato – Somebody To You (#5)
  9. Alesso/Tove Lo – Heroes (We Could Be) (#11)
  8. Meghan Trainor – Lips Are Movin' (#10) [Not a color-coding error.]
  7. Maroon 5 – Animals (#4) [Noooo....]
  6. Nick Jonas – Jealous (#17)
  5. Sheppard – Geronimo (#6)
  4. Taylor Swift – Shake It Off (#1)
  3. Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk (#7)
  2. Fall Out Boy – Centuries (#2)
  1. Taylor Swift – Blank Space (#3) [1st Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Tie Between Calvin Harris/John Newman – Blame and Olivia Somerlyn – Parachute (–18)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: One Direction – Steal My Girl (+17)

New Entrants
~ Ariana Grande returned after having two songs kicked out of the countdown on the same week. She's back featuring The Weeknd with Love Me Harder. As of right now, this song is really good. I just hope it doesn't become another Break Free.

~ Ed Sheeran is back yet again with Thinking Out Loud. It's a really nice song. I do think when comparing this song to what I thought of Don't when it debuted, Don't was better. I don't think it'll be very long until I get sick of it. So I'd appreciate it if Hits 1 doesn't overplay it like crazy or put it to #2 or higher.

We Blurb You A Happy New Year
~ Spyder Harrison didn't mention it, but I think Taylor Swift is the first female artist to replace herself at the top spot. But now that Blank Space is at #1, who knows how long it'll stay there? I really feel bad for Maroon 5 – Animals and Fall Out Boy – Centuries as their streaks of #1 songs may be cut here. At this point in the countdown, being stuck behind a Taylor Swift song is really bad timing.

~ Eden XO – Too Cool To Dance is in the Bottom 5 on it's third week.

~ Hozier – Take Me To Church is at #11. This shows that when a song makes a drop towards the bottom of the countdown, you don't know what could happen to that song. Don't believe me yet? Look at The Vamps/Demi Lovato – Somebody To You and Nick Jonas – Jealous.

~ Looks like the big jump from last week's Biggest Jump Of The Week didn't last long. Let's* hope it has some energy to make a New Year's miracle.

*By "let's", I really mean "I" because I know everyone but me thinks the song is old.

~ MisterWives – Reflections needs to leave very soon. How it jumped out of the Bottom 5, I do not understand.

~ Along with ReflectionsOne Direction – Steal My Girl, Echosmith – Cool Kids, 5 Seconds Of Summer – Amnesia, Tove Lo – Habits, Charli XCX – Boom Clap, 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect, Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass, and Ed Sheeran – Don't need to leave the countdown!!!

~ Selena Gomez – The Heart Wants What It Wants needs to make jump into the teens and stop dropping into the 30's.

~ Looks like Olivia Somerlyn – Parachute won't be staying with us for very long. It was nice while it lasted.

Now for a mini Hit-Bound review.

~ To confirm it for everyone, Priory – Weekend is back on Hit-Bound. I know. Horrible. Magic! – Let Your Hair Down and Olly Murs/Travie McCoy – Wrapped Up show no signs of returning.

~ Shawn Mendes now has two songs on Hit-Bound as The Vamps/Shawn Mendes – Oh Cecilia (Breaking My Heart) entered Hit-Bound this week.

~ AronChupa – I'm An Albatraoz is on Hit-Bound and it's really catchy. It reminds me of The Chainsmokers – #SELFIE.

~ David Guetta/Sam Martin – Dangerous is still on Hit-Bound. I'm starting to have doubts of it making its debut here at all.

This concludes our mini Hit-Bound review.

~ This week on the YouTube15 with Jenna Marbles, Jenna played for us the best songs of 2014. Some of the songs include Enrique Iglesias/Sean Paul – Bailando, Ariana Grande/Iggy Azalea – Problem, Shakira/Rihanna – Can't Remember To Forget You, Pitbull/Jennifer Lopez/Claudia Leitt – We Are One (Ole Ola), Calvin Harris – Summer, and Nicki Minaj – Anaconda. There were obviously more, but I'm don't feel like typing out the entire list.

My Top 5 Picks
1. Calvin Harris/John Newman – Blame
2. Lorde – Yellow Flicker Beat
3. Taylor Swift – Blank Space
4. Ariana Grande/The Weeknd – Love Me Harder
5. James Newton Howard/Jennifer Lawrence – The Hanging Tree

102 comments:

  1. Thank you for listening I'm so happy that you put steal my girl in red

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps I thought you hated lips r movin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where r you going vacation to where
    -Leah the cheerleader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to somewhere in Wisconsin. I'll be there until New Year's Eve.

      Delete
    2. Oh I thought your going to my town

      Delete
  4. Leah Baker where do you live?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My little review:
    x33. Good riddance! (red)
    x42. About time. (turquoise)

    45. This might be the end…or not. (blue)
    44. Please don't spend too much time as a Bottom Dweller. (turquoise)
    43. …huh? (yellow)
    42. Okay, that was unexpected. (blue)
    41. Red Lights 2.0 (blue)
    40. I hope this lasts a little longer… (purple)
    39. You're really old, you know that? (turquoise)
    38. Not really happy. (red)
    37. Don't leave yet! (green)
    36. What's gonna happen? (blue)
    35. Please stop. (yellow)
    34. Okay, then… (blue)
    33. Please go away…as in now. (turquoise)
    32. Do something! (blue)
    31. I don't think it's old! (green)
    30. I'm unsure whether or not it'll "smash." (green)
    29. YES!!! (green)
    28. Stop…please. (turquoise)
    27. I think it has a chance for at least the top 10. (green)
    26. Oh, okay… (green)
    25. Augh! (green)
    24. I hope this hits #1…but not before SiriusXM changes it to the single version. (green)
    [the single version is right here, but it isn't really different until the last chorus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKt3o7WPYdo]
    23. I don't know what to feel about this song. (blue)
    22. Please jump higher! (green)
    21. I don't know about this song…still. (red)
    20. I expected it. (blue)
    19. Okay, you've had your fun. (pink)
    18. Is this a new peak? (green)
    17. I really want you to re-enter the top 10. (green)
    16. No. Please no. (orange)
    15. What's gonna happen? (pink)
    14. Oh, okay! (pink)
    13. Please re-enter the top 10…as in now. (green)
    12. Yeah, this "summer song" is a little awkward right after Christmas…but that's okay! (green)
    11. Obvious in retrospect. (blue)
    10. Aww… (green)
    9. I'm happy about this. (green)
    8. This song is to Adrian as Ella Henderson's Ghost is to Lance. (blue)
    7. YAAAASS (red)
    6. Wow!!! I was actually surprised about this! (green)
    5. Número uno, por favor? (green)
    4. About time. (yellow)
    3. It'll probably hit #1. (blue)
    2. Please hit #1 at least once! (green)
    1. I guess I was right about T-Swift being Hits 1's "bae." (blue)

    Thatchos's Most Missed Song of the Week: Flaws by Bastille
    Songs That I Suddenly Really Like of the Week: Superheroes by the Script, and I Bet My Life by Imagine Dragons
    Song Not on Hits 1 That I Recommend of the Week: Budapest by George Ezra

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...................okay...I'll respect your opinion.

      Delete
    2. Adrian, why do you hate Budapest?

      Delete
  6. Well, that was a Taylor Swift kick in the backside.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. Imagine Dragons - I Bet My Life

    2. Shawn Mendes - Life Of The Party

    3. AronChupa - I'm An Albratroz (YouTube 15)

    4. Becky G - Can't Stop Dancin'

    5. Kat Dahlia - Crazy

    6. Script - Superheroes

    7. 5 Seconds Of Summer -,What I Like About You

    8. Hoodie Allen and Ed Sheeran -All About It (YouTube 15)

    9. Priory - Weekend

    10. David Guetta and Sam Martin - Dangerous

    11. Megan Nicole - Fun (YouTube 15)

    12. Pitbull and Ne-Yo - Time Of Our Lives

    13. The Vamps and Shawn Mendes - Oh Cecelia (YouTube 15)

    14. Tove Lo - Talking Body

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life Of The Party was also on the YouTube15 for one week.

      Delete
  8. Above is the Hitbound list for 12-27-14. With some new songs that were played on the YouTube 15 show

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just heard Infinity... as in NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AJR-Infinity is on Hitbound.Jack

    ReplyDelete
  11. Leah Baker are you younger than me? Is your sister a baby?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm 10 and I have 2 sisters one is 8 and one is 4

      Delete
  12. I think you are known for the youngest person commenting. But let's see who wold Graham Bradusen is? How old are you Graham Bradhusen? Or Mikey Rossy?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am 12 and dang the atlanta falcons almost got shut out at home by the panthers 35-3 sorry lance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was there. Left at the end of 3 quarters. It was uglyyyyyy.....

      Delete
    2. well i was at the redskins and cowboys game pretty embarrasing loss i left after the 10th minute in the fourth quarter it ended 44-17 cowboys won and I am a chargers fan don't understand why we had to go to thi game and man we lost to the chiefs which lost our playiff hopes and now the ravens are going instead of us "crying emoji"

      Delete
    3. Yeah I know. I think the Chargers gave up there season. Like they were 7-4 at one time and they didn't make the playoffs. The Falcons have fired Mike Smith.... It was definitely time. The Ravens better not make some amazing playoff run like they did 2 yrs ago.

      Delete
    4. Falcons fired 2 people,jets fired 2 people,bears fired 1 guy and Super Bowl prediction

      Seahawks vs.Steelers

      Delete
    5. With Le'Veon Bell injured (for now) the Steelers may be done. He is one of the better running Backs in the league and the Steelers can't win without him.
      My SB Predictom:
      Cowboys vs Patriots

      Delete
    6. Ok I first thought about le'von bell getting injured a steelers bad luck but I'm not sre becaus new england almost lost to the jets and lost to the bills so I would rather keep the steelers and the nfc still not sure between seahawks and cowboys steelers vs.seahawks (stands as)

      Delete
  14. Sorry to hear about it Lance.Jack

    ReplyDelete
  15. This might be a weird, out-of-the-blue question, but does anybody know the shortest time it took to fall off of the countdown after hitting #1? Let me rephrase it: What was the shortest amount of time a song was on the countdown after its last week at #1? The shortest I can think of is Timber, which only spent 4 more weeks on the countdown after hitting #1 for a ninth time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably Timber. It went from #1 –> #5 –> #6 –> #6 –> #34 –> off the countdown.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! Does anyone know the longest time a song took to hit #1?

      Delete
    3. Dance With Me Tonight - Olly Murs took over a year to hit #1. It debuted in 2012 and went off. Then, when it re-entered in 2013, it took a slow climb up to #1. It probably took 1 year and 10 months to get up to #1.

      Delete
  16. I thought Timber only took 3 weeks 5,8,34

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It went from #1 –> #5 –> #6 –> #6 –> #34 –> off the countdown.

      Delete
  17. Pitbull/Kesha-Timber went 1-5-6-8-34 then off the countdown.Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the third time, it went #1 –> #5 –> #6 –> #6 –> #34 –> off the countdown.

      Delete
  18. Timber's Last Four Weeks on the Weekend Countdown:
    May 10, 2014: Timber went down four spots from #1 to #5.
    May 17, 2014: Timber went down another spot from #5 to #6.
    May 24, 2014: Timber held at its spot of #6.
    May 31, 2014: Timber had the Biggest DROP!!!…of the Week down 28 spots from #6 to #34.
    June 7, 2014: Timber left the Weekend Countdown from #34.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pitbull/Kesha-Timber dropped from #1 very quickly only taking 6 weeks. That song was #1 nonsense with OneRepublic-Counting Stars and Bastille-Pompeii which those took longer to get off the countdown. I was very surprised and happy what Pitbull/Kesha-Timber did. Both OneRepublic-Counting Stars and Bastille-Pompeii had all of a sudden jump but not Pitbull/Kesha-Timber. It broke the record for dropping fast of the countdown quickly at #1. This is the Lambert family all signing off.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Has anyone ever heard of George Erza? He's 21, and his voice sounds like there is no way its coming from him. His song Budapest is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Last time I checked Dogstarradio:
    Blank Space - 26 spins
    Centuries - 26 spins
    Uptown Funk - 26 spins

    Let the games begin....
    #teamcenturies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Revised counts (excluding doubles and Weekend Countdown plays):
      Uptown Funk - 23
      Centuries - 24
      Blank Space - 25

      Also, when it comes to the biggest DROPS!!!!.... last week, Parachute will stay afloat, but Adrian...prepare to say goodbye to Blame.

      Delete
    2. No way blame is not leaving ( heroic emoji) if its does I will go (crazy emoji) Crazzzzzzzzzzy

      Delete
    3. GIVE UP ON BLAME IT IS LITERALLY ONE OF THE WORST SONGS ON THE COUNTDOWN BECAUSE IT'S OLD AND REMEMBER THAT I WAS DEVASTATED WHEN ONE MINUTE MORE LEFT REMEMBER HOW FAST I GOT OVER THAT #GIVE UP ON BLAME NOW

      Delete
    4. Adrian, you should hear this guy!

      Delete
  22. How do you know which ones are weekend countdown plays and which ones are doubles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On Dogstarradio, you can see which time a song was played. Some songs show up as being played twice, when the two times that the same song was played are almost if not entirely identical. I count those as one play.
      As for Weekend Countdown plays, those are spins during the Weekend Countdown. The Weekend Countdown is played, according to Eastern Standard Time, at 12:00-3:00 a.m. and 3:00-6:00 a.m. on Sunday night-Monday morning...I think.

      Delete
    2. I noticed that. As of right now, Blame has literally only aired once. And that's probably during the early Monday Weekend Countdown.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, I think you're right.
      Adrian, I'm sorry...but prepare to say goodbye to Blame.


      I said that already. :)

      Quick question: Blame or The Monster?

      Delete
    4. That's tough. Probably Blame. But The Monster is REALLY good though.

      Delete
    5. I knew that question would be a tough one. >:D

      By the way, this week's #1 still needs to be updated.
      But, I can't...Blame you for forgetting after the whole Shake It Off madness.
      Here's a picture of the Blank Space cover:
      http://i.ytimg.com/vi/5CR0y1ZuUBU/maxresdefault.jpg

      Delete
  23. I am sad too about Calvin Harris/John Newman-Blame.Jack

    ReplyDelete
  24. It might seem crazy what I'm bout to say...

    ...but does anybody else really miss Can't Hold Us?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love that song! It was like my favorite for all of 2013!!!

      Delete
    2. I was aggravated beyond aggravated when Blurred Lines kept Can't Hold Us from being the AT40's top song of 2013.
      Can't Hold Us is great, so is Thrift Shop but not as much as Can't Hold Us.
      White Walls I also liked; the only thing I didn't like was ScHoolboy Q's part.
      (And, yes, I know this was Adrian's second-least favorite song of last year, but I just wanted to share my opinion.)

      Delete
    3. Ugh sorry to be so negative but I AM SICK OF HEARING CAN'T HOLD US

      Delete
  25. I really love Macklemore/Ryan Lewis-Can tHold Us I really miss it! Thanks Thatchos! This is Jack Lambert signing off

    ReplyDelete
  26. I miss hell yeah ( crying emoji) I heard it today on my iPad though

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm nine


    Ps can't talk for a looooooooooooooooong time bye A

    ReplyDelete
  28. Miss ya

    That was me, Nick

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy New Year Everyone! 2015! Jack Lambert

    ReplyDelete
  30. January 1, 2015



    January 1, 2015


    January 1………2015.



    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Replies
    1. Exit: Calvin Harris ft. John Newman – Blame

      Entrant: Jessie J ft. Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj – Bang Bang (RE-ENTRY)

      #1 Song: Taylor Swift – Blank Space

      Delete
    2. Out: Waves- Mr. Probz/Robin Schulz
      In: Time of Our Lives- Pitbull/Ne-Yo
      New to Hit-Bound- Chains- Nick Jonas
      #1- Blank Space- Taylor Swift

      Delete
    3. The combination of Adrian and Dylan's predictions is very reasonable and probable. It'll take a miracle to get Blank Space out of #1. I hope that miracle song is by a band called Fall Out Boy......it'll probably not happen, but I have hope. I'd also like Dangerous (Guetta/Martin) and Superheroes to at least spend a week on the countdown.

      Delete
    4. Exits reflections Ed Sheehan don't
      Entrants I can't stop drinking about you (since it left hit bound) kat dehila crazy
      1 song ariana grande and the weekend heart me harder

      Delete
  32. Here are the results:
    Calvin Harris/John Newman-Blame could be in the Bottom 5 if they are doing the weekend countdown
    Mr.Probz-Waves will stay on the countdown for a while
    Pitbull/Neyo-Time Of Our Lives might debut and Jessie J/Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj-Bang Bang might reenter the countdown.This is Jack Lambert signing off.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Some more little predictions:
    Animals is gonna take a tumble to the 20's.
    Blame will be this week's #45.
    Don't is gonna make a rebound to the 20's, 30's or even TEENS.
    I'm confident that Time of Our Lives will debut and Bang Bang will re-enter.
    Top 5 Prediction:
    5. Jealous
    4. Lips Are Movin'
    (or the other way around)
    3. Centuries
    2. Uptown Funk
    1. Blank Space

    See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I will NOT be able to post the countdown in the comments after 9:00 AM EST tomorrow.

      Delete
    2. Looks like I'll do it then.

      -Trance

      Delete
  34. I will check the playlist now to make sure.Thanks Thatchos! Jack Lambert

    ReplyDelete
  35. The song I miss the most is Chromeo-Jealous(I Ain't With It)

    ReplyDelete
  36. AND I CAN POST THIS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM GONNA POST LAST WEEK'S Countdown and last week's rearangement

    ReplyDelete
  37. Mikey Rossy are you happy? I don't miss any song.Jack

    ReplyDelete
  38. R u finally sick of love runs out Adrian? �������������� took more than 1⃣/2⃣ a year

    -Graham the love runs out hater

    ReplyDelete
  39. How don't u guys love infinity!?!?!!? ITS SOOOOOOOO CATCHY!!!

    Graham

    ReplyDelete
  40. Infinity is better than I'mReady but very crappy and finished with my post and Adrian when are u posting who won the awards and wich song is better round 2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soon. I got a lot of work to do. Patience is the key in this situation. Thanks for your understanding.

      Delete
  41. Countdown? Graham

    ReplyDelete
  42. I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!


    So what did I miss?
    -Remy (I was in Arizona)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back Remy! You missed a bit. My Top 45 Songs Of 2014 was posted a while ago. If you didn't already, you should check that out. Also, Hits 1 counted down their Top 45 Of The Year of the year and I posted that. The Ultimate Top 45 Of The Year for the Hit 45 Chart will posted sometime soon.

      Delete
    2. I meant to say "of the year" only once there when I said Hits 1 counted down their Top 45.

      Delete
    3. Thanks, now I'm updated.
      -Remy

      Delete
  43. I hope everyone had a happy new year. I spent mine in Arizona with friends.
    Honestly, I thought Counting Stars deserved to be #1 on the year end 45 chart (Hits 1). I was totally expecting Blame to be #1 on Adrian's chart (like you said). And can someone give me a Hit-bound-list please? I need a FULL update here!
    -Remy the partyer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW you need to change the #1 song this week thingy on the sidebar. You got the artist right, just not the song.
      -Remy

      Delete
  44. She looks so perfect and LOL NO SONGS LEFT OR DEBUTED HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BLAME IS STILL HERE...........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AND WEEKEND AND CRAZY ARE STILL ON HIT-BOUND AND LIFE OF THE PARTY PROBABLY LEFT there on the 14th song which is weekend

    ReplyDelete