Thursday, December 25, 2014

OneRepublic – Year Of 2014


Hits 1 counted down their Top 45 today on Christmas Day. They did it differently this year than they did last year. Last year, it was based on the Wutchuwant Crew. But this year, it was based on airplay. I don't necessarily think this countdown was worth my time. Nothing made me really happy. But whatever. I will blog it anyways. So let's get to this year's Fresh 45. (NOTE: The parenthetical number, the number that usually indicates where the song was last week, in this case, will indicate the spot the song peaked at.)

Last Year's #1 Song: Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up)
The Countdown
45. Zedd/Hayley Williams – Stay The Night (#7)
44. Lorde – Team (#5)
43. Justin Timberlake – Not A Bad Thing (#3)
42. Midnight Red – Hell Yeah (#13)
41. Rixton – Me and My Broken Heart (#2)
40. Jessie J/Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Bang Bang (#3)
39. Ellie Goulding – Burn (#5)
38. John Legend/Tiësto – All Of Me (#2)
37. Avicii/Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up (#1)
36. AJR – I’m Ready (#20)
35. One Direction – Story Of My Life (#3)
34. Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong (#7)
33. Echosmith – Cool Kids (#4)
32. Paramore – Ain’t It Fun (#4)
31. Fall Out Boy – Young Volcanoes (#1)
30. American Authors – Best Day Of My Life (#8)
29. Pharrell – Happy (#5)
28. Glenn Morrison/Islove – Goodbye (#10)
27. Eminem/Rihanna – The Monster (#2)
26. Ariana Grande/Zedd – Break Free (#2)
25. Ariana Grande – Problem (#3)
24. Charli XCX – Boom Clap (#3)
23. Ed Sheeran – Don’t (#2)
22. Ed Sheeran – Sing (#2)
21. Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass (#1)
20. Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne – Rather Be  (#7)
19. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Amnesia (#4)
18. Fall Out Boy – Alone Together (#1)
17. Kongos – Come With Me Now (#2)
16. Sam Smith – Stay With Me (#1)
15. Magic! – Rude (#2)
14. Taylor Swift – Shake It Off (#1)
13. Passenger – Let Her Go (#5)
12. MKTO – Classic (#6)
11. Maroon 5 – Maps (#1)
10. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy (#1)
  9. Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight (#1)
  8. Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World (#1)
  7. 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect (#1)
  6. Imagine Dragons – Demons (#1)
  5. Katy Perry – Dark Horse (#2)
  4. OneRepublic – Love Runs Out (#1)
  3. Bastille – Pompeii (#1)
  2. Pitbull/Ke$ha – Timber (#1)
  1. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (#1) [1st Year At #1]

Merry Blurbmas
~ I'm kinda surprised Disclosure/Sam Smith – Latch, Calvin Harris – Summer, and Neon Trees – Sleeping With A Friend didn't make it into the Top 45.

~ As you can probably tell, some of these songs Hits 1 ranked appeared in last year's rankings. Songs like Avicii/Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up, Fall Out Boy – Alone Together, MKTO – Classic, and Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight are all songs returning from last year's year-end rankings.

~ Yes, the horrifying AJR – I'm Ready somehow found a spot onto the Top 45. Very unpleasing.

~ I really think songs like Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong and Eminem/Rihanna – The Monster should've been ranked higher.

~ Maroon 5 – Maps was ranked at #11, the same spot in which Maroon 5 – Love Somebody was ranked last year.

~ Passenger – Let Her Go was definitely ranked way too high.

~ Midnight Red – Hell Yeah and AJR – I'm Ready are the only two songs that peaked at a spot lower than #10.

~ What do I think of our #1 song? I'm not annoyed about it. It's alright. During the time after it left the countdown, I started to enjoy it again. Will I be playing that song on repeat everyday? Definitely not. But it's okay to hear every now and then. Then again, I must look back at what I thought of the song when I first heard it. Technically, I knew the song before it even became popular, in case you didn't know.

~ I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas. :)

My Top 5 Picks
1. Eminem/Rihanna – The Monster
2. Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong
3. Maroon 5 – Maps
4. Taylor Swift – Shake It Off
5. Glenn Morrison/Islove – Goodbye

24 comments:

  1. I got the best gifts the captain underpants set the barbie cheerleader doll a cheer outfit for me and my my life as doll frozen dolls and cool stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Airplay? Wow, they ruined it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with everyone about how airplay ruined it this countdown was complete crap and i almost turned my radio off next year if they do the same I'll be mad

      Delete
  3. Really shocked that Shake It Off-Taylor Swift didn't even make the top 10 after setting the record for most weeks at #1 on here..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little shocked at first. But, then again, it's based on airplay for the whole year.
      Shake It Off hasn't really been around for the whole year, but it ranked pretty high for a song that wasn't released until August.

      Delete
  4. I know it's gonna be Blank Space or Centuries.

    Probably the former, as T-Swift seems to have become Hits 1's "bae."

    But, I have hope Centuries can squeeze in at least a week on top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1.centuries will never reach number 1
    2.it will not be blank space or centuries or shake it off unless shake it off can pull a christmas miracle
    3.it will either be animals Geronimo or uptown funk most likely the latter
    4.order of songs based on who will most likely hit number 1 this week
    1.uptown funk
    2.maroon 5-animals
    3.geronimo
    4.taylor swift-blank space
    5.taylor swift-shake it off
    6.fall out boy centuries

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL BLAME WENT FROM BIGGEST JUMP TO BIGGEST DROP DOWN TO 31 YESS IM SO HAPPY BECAUSE BLAME IS SO OLD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Weekend Countdown - December 27, 2014

    Exits:
    Bang Bang by Jessie J, Ariana Grande, and Nicki Minaj (#33)
    Problem by Ariana Grande and Big Sean (#42)

    #45. Parachute by Olivia Somerlyn (-18)
    #44. Don't by Ed Sheeran (-1)
    #43. All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor (+1)
    #42. Waves by Mr. Probz and Robin Schulz (-14)
    #41. (Not) Too Cool to Dance by Eden xo (-3)
    #40. Love Runs Out by OneRepublic (+5)
    #39. She Looks So Perfect by 5 Seconds of Summer (-3)
    #38. Love Me Harder by Ariana Grande and the Weeknd (debut)
    #37. Young Blood by Bea Miller (-3)
    #36. Reflections by MisterWives (+5)
    #35. Boom Clap by Charli XCX (+3)
    #34. The Hanging Tree by James Newton Howard and Jennifer Lawrence (+5)
    #33. Habits by Tove Lo (-1)
    #32. The Heart Wants What It Wants by Selena Gomez (-3)
    #31. Blame by Calvin Harris and John Newman (-18)
    #30. Sledgehammer by Fifth Harmony (+10)
    #29. Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran (debut)
    #28. Amnesia by 5 Seconds of Summer (-4)
    #27. Yellow Flicker Beat by Lorde (+3)
    #26. Break Free by Ariana Grande and Zedd (-17)
    #25. Night Changes by One Direction (-10)
    #24. I Lived by OneRepublic (+2)
    #23. Therapy by Mary J. Blidge (+2)
    #22. Riptide by Vance Joy (+0)
    #21. Break the Rules by Charli XCX (+2)
    #20. Honey I'm Good by Andy Grammer (+15)
    #19. Cool Kids by Echosmith (-7)
    #18. In Your Arms by Nico & Vinz (+3)
    #17. Maps by Maroon 5 (-3)
    #16. Beg For It by Iggy Azalea and MØ (+3)
    #15. I'm Not the Only One by Sam Smith (+3)
    #14. Steal My Girl by One Direction (+17)
    #13. Ghost by Ella Henderson (+3)
    #12. American Dream by MKTO (-4)
    #11. Take Me to Church by Hozier (+9)
    #10. Somebody to You by the Vamps and Demi Lovato (-5)
    #9. Heroes (we could be) by Alesso and Tove Lo (+2)
    #8. Lips Are Movin' by Meghan Trainor (+2)
    #7. Animals by Maroon 5 (-3)
    #6. Jealous by Nick Jonas (+11)
    #5. Geronimo by Sheppard (+1)
    #4. Shake It Off by Taylor Swift (-3)
    #3. Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars (+4)
    #2. Centuries by Fall Out Boy (+0)
    #1. Blank Space by Taylor Swift (+2)

    Biggest DROPS!!!…of the Week: Parachute by Olivia Somerlyn, and Blame by Calvin Harris and John Newman (-18)
    Biggest Jump of the Week: Steal My Girl by One Direction (+17)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, that's the way it is...

      Adrian, I've a question: have there been any other artists on the Weekend Countdown that have replaced themselves at #1?

      Delete
    2. Yes. Sometime in 2012, Maroon 5 – One More Night replaced Maroon 5 – Payphone at the top spot. As far as I know, Taylor Swift may be the first female artist to replace herself at the top.

      Delete
    3. Your kidding me 2 ari songs left and last week blame got the jump and this week got the drop

      Delete
    4. Not blank space this stinks I want uptown funk to be 1 if it is I will be happy and have a dance party

      Delete
    5. Uptown Funk will probably hit #1 either next week or the week after.
      When it comes to my opinions, I want Centuries to hit #1 for at least a week and Animals to pull a Rude, as in make a huge drop to #44 or something.

      Delete
    6. Thanks I will tell you what I got in my stocking
      M&ms peanuts I allergic to peanuts
      Ice skating anna
      Color changing anna
      Sirena Von boo like I wanted bad bad
      Barbie cheerleader doll that its pink
      My life as a ballerina doll same with my sister
      A whole set of captain underpants books
      A cheer uniform for me and my ballerina doll
      A ice cream sundae lotion
      A decision maker
      A boogie board
      A pop up disney thing
      A giant activity pad
      A creepy mermaid doll
      A furby furling
      Clothes with ojs

      Delete
  8. If Paramore-Ain't it Fun made it, Aloe Blacc definetly should've made it. When Ain't it Fun was #4, The Man was #3.WAIT!!!!!;That may have been a Friday. Thought it was a Sunday, never mind

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hungry monkeys jump less.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. after 2 years I finally found the answers to Beluga's 2020 Olympics.

      Delete
  10. American Top 40 of 2014:
    40. Habits (Stay High) by Tove Lo
    39. Hold On We're Going Home by Drake featuring Majid Jordan
    38. Let Her Go by Passenger
    37. Royals by Lorde
    36. Me And My Broken Heart by Rixton
    35. Neon Lights by Demi Lovato
    34. Rather Be by Clean Bandit featuring Jess Glynne
    33. Stay The Night by Zedd featuring Hayley Williams
    32. Break Free by Ariana Grande featuring Zedd
    31. Bang Bang by Jessie J, Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj
    30. Turn Down For What by DJ Snake & Lil Jon
    29. Classic by MKTO
    28. Maps by Maroon 5
    27. Shake It Off by Taylor Swift
    26. Best Day Of My Life by American Authors
    25. Black Widow by Iggy Azalea featuring Rita Ora
    24. All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor
    23. Boom Clap by Charli XCX
    22. Demons by Imagine Dragons
    21. Summer by Calvin Harris
    20. Ain't It Fun by Paramore
    19. Story Of My Life by One Direction
    18. Wake Me Up by Avicii featuring Aloe Blacc
    17. Not A Bad Thing by Justin Timberlake
    16. Problem by Ariana Grande featuring Iggy Azalea
    15. Latch by Disclosure featuring Sam Smith
    14. Fancy by Iggy Azalea featuring Charli XCX
    13. Stay With Me by Sam Smith
    12. Burn by Ellie Goulding
    11. Happy by Pharrell Williams
    10. Rude by Magic!
    9. Pompeii by Bastille
    8. Team by Lorde
    7. Am I Wrong by Nico & Vinz
    6. The Monster by Eminem featuring Rihanna
    5. All Of Me by John Legend
    4. Timber by Pitbull featuring Ke$ha
    3. Talk Dirty by Jason Derulo featuring 2 Chainz
    2. Counting Stars by OneRepublic
    1. Dark Horse by Katy Perry featuring Juicy J

    ReplyDelete