Saturday, November 22, 2014

Taylor Swift (8) – Week Of November 22, 2014


Hey guys! This week was interesting in a way. Let's get right into it. Before we get to this week’s Fresh 45, here are the songs we’re saying goodbye to this week.


  • Cobra Starship – Never Been In Love (#29)
  • Magic! – Rude (#45) [DTHNOBx2]

Last Week’s #1 Song: Taylor Swift – Shake It Off
The Countdown
45. Sam Smith – Stay With Me (#42)
44. Charli XCX – Boom Clap (#41)
43. Katy Perry – This Is How We Do (#33)
42. Jason Derulo – Trumpets (#43)
41. Ariana Grande – Problem (#39)
40. Big Data/Joywave – Dangerous (#34)
39. 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect (#32)
38. Dirty Heads – My Sweet Summer (#38)
37. One Direction – Night Changes (DEBUT)
36. Maroon 5 – Maps (#36)
35. Nick Jonas – Jealous (#35)
34. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy (#31)
33. Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass (#30)
32. Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk (DEBUT)
31. Kongos – Come With Me Now (#40)
30. Alesso/Tove Lo – Heroes (We Could Be) (#37)
29. Vance Joy – Riptide (#27)
28. Fergie – L.A. Love (La La) (#26)
27. OneRepublic – Love Runs Out (#44)
26. Calvin Harris/John Newman – Blame (#17)
25. Olivia Somerlyn – Parachute (#22)
24. Hozier – Take Me To Church (#23)
23. Selena Gomez – The Heart Wants What It Wants (#28)
22. Mr. Probz/Robin Schulz – Waves (#19)
21. MisterWives – Reflections (#25)
20. Nico and Vinz – In Your Arms (#21)
19. Gwen Stefani – Baby Don’t Lie (#24)
18. Ariana Grande/Zedd – Break Free (#11)
17. Tove Lo – Habits (Stay High) (#10)
16. Taylor Swift – Blank Space (#18)
15. Sam Smith – I'm Not The Only One (#16)
14. Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne – Rather Be (#13)
13. Ella Henderson – Ghost (#20)
12. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Amnesia (#9)
11. Sheppard – Geronimo (#12)
10. Iggy Azalea/Rita Ora – Black Widow (#5)
  9. Echosmith – Cool Kids (#4)
  8. Jessie J/Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Bang Bang (#15)
  7. The Vamps/Demi Lovato – Somebody To You (#7)
  6. Fall Out Boy – Centuries (#8)
  5. MKTO – American Dream (#3)
  4. Maroon 5 – Animals (#2)
  3. One Direction – Steal My Girl (#14)
  2. Ed Sheeran – Don’t (#6)
  1. Taylor Swift – Shake It Off (#1) [8th Week At #1]

#1 Song One Year Ago This Week: Fall Out Boy – Alone Together (still shows up on my Wutchuwant Surveys. IDK why.)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Katy Perry – This Is How We Do (–10)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: OneRepublic – Love Runs Out (+17)

New Entrants
~ I can't be the only one starting to get sick of One Direction's music. It's a little ridiculous. Night Changes is most definitely not their best and not as good as their recents including Story Of My Life, You and I, and Steal My Girl. We'll see how far it gets.

~ One of my new jams of 2014 just debuted in the form of Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk. It's super catchy and it's hard to not move to it. I love it. It's really funky! I hope it does well on this countdown.

Uptown Blurbs Gonna Give It To You
~ Calvin Harris/John Newman – Blame should not be dropping. This is unacceptable.

~ I knew this would happen at some point. But Hits 1 had some error between Big Data/Joywave – Dangerous and David Guetta/Sam Martin – Dangerous yesterday during regular airplay when they announced "Ear Poppin' Music!".

~ 5 Seconds Of Summer – What I Like About You is on Hit-Bound. This is good as they need some new music on this countdown.

~ Ed Sheeran – Don't needs to go. If it hits #1, I will be pissed.

~ Ella Henderson – Ghost gained a lot of airplay this week. Now it's at #13!

~ This week's biggest movers were two completely random songs.

~ Last week's Biggest Jump and DROP!!!... held their spots from last week.

~ I do not see One Direction – Steal My Girl hitting #1 anytime soon. I won't be very happy if it does.

~ I think R3hab/Trevor Guthrie – Soundwave should debut this countdown. It would make a good addition.

~ In music news, Rihanna will be making her music comeback soon after spending this time working on her new album. I, personally, am excited for this because Rihanna is one of my favorite female artists. I'm sure the album will be great.

~ David Guetta's new album, Listen, is already #2 on iTunes album charts and it's not supposed to be released until Monday. I'm looking forward to it.

~ Guess what's on tomorrow night? It's the 2014 American Music Awards! I will do my best to collect all the information and post about it on maybe Monday. I definitely have time to do it because I'm off this entire upcoming week.

~ This upcoming Thursday is Thanksgiving Day! The Weekend Countdown next weekend may be a Thanksgiving special. So I might try to get the post out on Friday. I hope everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving Day with their family. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

~ Best Song On Jenna Marbles' #YouTube15: Band Aid 30 – Do They Know It's Christmas? (I absolutely love this song!)

My Top 5 Picks
1. Olivia Somerlyn – Parachute
2. Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk
3. Calvin Harris/John Newman – Blame
4. Alesso/Tove Lo – Heroes (We Could Be)
5. Gwen Stefani – Baby Don't Lie

38 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. cobra starships never been in love left but it debuted when i see demi lovato
      next 1ds steal my girl is almost 1 because it reach to 3 next rude left again after its first renters next tailors in again thats why

      Delete
  2. YEAH BABY UPTOWN FUNK ON DA WEEKEND COUNTDOWN KNEW IT WAS GONNA HAPPEN IT'S AMAZING AS I'LL GET OUT AND IT WAS HOT SHOT DEBUT ON THE BILLBOARD AS WELL WHOOP WHOOP!
    (yes, that was really necessary)
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now let's get Yellow Flicker Beat on the countdown in celebration of the new Mocking Jay movie!
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually forgot to mention this week’s Throwback song. Here it is: JoJo - Too Little, Too Late

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADRIAN!!!!! Something is in your mind!!!!!!!!! Blame is your 3rd fav

    ReplyDelete
  6. DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T 1 1 1 1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am I imagining or is Blame not in purple? This can't be true :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We'll Olivia Somerlyn-Parachute is a good song but it is not popular anywhere else. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, now you've gone and done it.

    The unthinkable.

    The unacceptable.

    Parachute in purple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Trance, clearly it must be a typo.
      -Remy

      Delete
    2. Well.....it's not. Parachute is indeed the best song on the countdown right now.

      Delete
    3. It is by FAR the worst. It's a heavy piece of crap that probably won't leave for another 3 months or so.

      Delete
    4. If that's the case, I'll be happy.

      Delete
  10. Adrian, has anyone ever told u that u look like a young Justin Long? My compliments for an awesome review.. I'd be lost about whats going on if u didn't post this. Hope u have an awesome Thanksgiving too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hitbound 11-22-14. Hosted By The Vamps

    1. Lorde- Yellow Flicker Beat

    2. 5 Seconds Of Summer - What I Like About You

    3. David Guetta and Sam Martin - Dangerous

    4. Bebe Rexah - I Can't Stop Drinking About You

    5. Imagine Dragons - I Bet My Life

    6. Eden XO (Not) To Cool To Dance

    7. OneRepublic - I Lived

    8. Mary J Blige - Right Now

    9. The Script -Superheroes

    10. Meghan Trainor - Lips Are Movin

    11. Charli XCX - Break The Rules

    12. Bea Miller - Young Blood

    13. Magic! - Let Your Hair Down

    14. Priory - Weekend

    15. AJR - Infinity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best Song On Hit-Bound: The Script – Superheroes

      Worst Song On Hit-Bound: Meghan Trainor – Lips Are Movin'

      Delete
    2. Best Song on Hit-Bound: Lorde- Yellow Flicker Beat
      Worst Song on Hit-Bound: I think you can guess which one it is.
      -Remy

      Delete
    3. best i can't stop drinking about you and break the rules
      worst young blood and right now

      Delete
    4. break the rules debuted and I'm so happy

      Delete
  12. The best so png on hitbound is The Script-Superheroes and the worst song on hitbound is Charli XCX-Break The Rules

    ReplyDelete
  13. Charli XCX-Break The Rules.Jack Jack

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hitbound in my order from best to worst:

    Superhero's

    Yellow flicker Beat

    I bet my life

    What I like about you

    Not too cool to dance

    Right now

    I lived

    Lips are movin

    Young blood

    Dangerous

    Weekend

    Break the rules

    Infinity

    I can't stop drinking about you

    Let your hair down


    ReplyDelete
  15. You do not like Magic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. NO I HATE LET YOUR HAIR DOWN AND RUDE!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Magic! is ok. I like Let Your Hair Down and I somewhat like Rude which has been on the countdown for a while and it left this week and it debuted on hits 1 in late May and Let Your Hair Down debuted on the not so spooky Taylor takeover. This is Jack Lambert signing off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Magic!
      Let Your Hair Down was on way before the Taylor Takeover
      -Remy

      Delete
  18. A couple of songs you should check out:

    Iggy Azalea/Ellie Goulding - Heavy Crown
    Pitbull/Bebe Rexha - This Is Not A Drill

    Especially the latter. Bebe Rexha does a good job on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. And now, a little dose of Weekend Countdown history:
    On the week of February 4, 2012, I think it's safe to say that there were some big moves.
    The biggest jump was a tie between You Make Me Feel by Cobra Starship and Sabi and Sexy and I Know It by LMFAO; both went up 38 spots to #5 and #3, respectively.
    And, the biggest DROP!!!!...of that week was Super Bass by Nicki Minaj and Esther Dean, which went down...




    are you ready for this...




    42 SPOTS ALL THE WAY TO #45!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, the biggest jump I've seen is One More Night by Maroon 5, which went up 39 SPOTS TO #5. :D

      Delete
    2. I got all of this from looking at CountdownRecap's blog.

      Delete
  20. What does DTHNOB mean? My theory:
    Debuts
    Then...
    HAHA
    Not
    On
    BIATCHES!!!
    -Nix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "IDK what it stands for. CountdownRecap used it."

      -Adrian, March 16, 2014

      Delete
    2. yeah. but if we figured out what it meant it would help us out.

      -Nix

      Delete