Saturday, October 25, 2014

Taylor Swift (4) – Week Of October 25, 2014


Interesting. Another 6-DTHNOB week. Let's see how this goes. The best song in general finally debuted on the countdown. Before we get to this week’s Fresh 45, here are the songs we’re saying goodbye to this week.


  • R5 – Heart Made Up On You (#23)
  • Coldplay – A Sky Full Of Stars (#31)
  • Nicki Minaj – Anaconda (#32)
  • Rixton – Wait On Me (#33) 
  • Disclosure/Sam Smith – Latch (#34)
  • Taylor Swift – Out Of The Woods (#39)

Last Week’s #1 Song: Taylor Swift – Shake It Off
The Countdown
45. Jesse McCartney – Superbad (#42)
44. Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong (RE-ENTRY)
43. OneRepublic – Love Runs Out (#13)
42. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy (#38)
41. Fall Out Boy – Young Volcanoes (#37)
40. Katy Perry – This Is How We Do (#44)
39. Big Data/Joywave – Dangerous (DEBUT)
38. Magic! – Rude (#36)
37. Mary Lambert – Secrets (#41)
36. Ariana Grande – Problem (#40)
35. Vance Joy – Riptide (DEBUT)
34. Taylor Swift – Welcome To New York (DEBUT)
33. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (#43)
32. 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect (#26)
31. Fergie – L.A. Love (La La) (DEBUT)
30. Sam Smith – Stay With Me (#45)
29. Calvin Harris/John Newman – Blame (DEBUT) [THANK YOU HITS 1!]
28. Ella Henderson – Ghost (#35)
27. Jason Derulo – Trumpets (#28)
26. The Vamps/Demi Lovato – Somebody To You (#19)
25. Pitbull/John Ryan – Fireball (#22)
24. Sheppard – Geronimo (#21)
23. Nick Jonas – Jealous (#28)
22. Kongos – Come With Me Now (#8)
21. Kim Cesarion – Undressed (#30)
20. One Direction – Steal My Girl (#17)
19. Dirty Heads – My Sweet Summer (#25)
18. Sam Smith – I’m Not The Only One (#24)
17. Nico and Vinz – In Your Arms (#20)
16. Cobra Starship – Never Been In Love (#14)
15. Ariana Grande/Zedd – Break Free (#15)
14. MKTO – American Dream (#11)
13. Maroon 5 – Maps (#6)
12. Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne – Rather Be (#7)
11. Echosmith – Cool Kids (#10)
10. Iggy Azalea/Rita Ora – Black Widow (#3)
  9. Tove Lo – Habits (Stay High) (#18)
  8. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Amnesia (#9)
  7. Fall Out Boy – Centuries (#2)
  6. Charli XCX – Boom Clap (#12)
  5. Ed Sheeran – Don’t (#29)
  4. Jessie J/Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Bang Bang (#5)
  3. Maroon 5 – Animals (#16)
  2. Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass (#4)
  1. Taylor Swift – Shake It Off (#1) [4th Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: OneRepublic – Love Runs Out (–30)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Ed Sheeran – Don’t (+24)

New Entrants
~ Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong is the first re-entry we've had in a while. It was expected and is accepted. Stay as long as you like old pal.

~ Kicking off the new entrants with Fergie – L.A. Love (La La). Overall, it's a really good and catchy song that deserves to spend quite a while on this countdown.

~ Vance Joy – Riptide is interesting and I like it for now. I don't think it'll be long before I get sick of it though.

~ Big Data – Dangerous is also an interesting alternative song. My opinion is the same as Riptide. But Riptide is just a little better.

~ Taylor Swift – Welcome To New York is good. But not as good as what Out Of The Woods was. But I can tolerate it (for now anyways).

~ In case anyone doesn't know, I'm a huge fan of John Newman. His voice is phenomenal! I ranked his last hit Love Me Again #3 on My Top 45 Of 2013. I also ranked the 2012 hit Rudimental/John Newman – Feel The Love #5 of 2012. And then there's Calvin Harris. Phenomenal Calvin Harris. His music never disappoints me. Put these two artists together and you have this phenomenal song. It does sound a lot like one of Calvin's previous hits, Sweet Nothing. But Blame is hands-down Calvin's best. I applaud him for picking John Newman to do the vocals. This song better stay for a long while.

Hit-Bound
~ Here is the Hit-Bound list. I haven't done one in a while.


  • New Politics – Everywhere I Go (Kings and Queens)
  • Bea Miller – Young Blood
  • David Guetta/Sam Martin – Dangerous
  • Bebe Rexha – I Can’t Stop Drinking About You
  • MisterWives – Reflections
  • Eden XO – (Not) Too Cool To Dance
  • Charli XCX – Break The Rules
  • Magic! – Let Your Hair Down
  • Hozier – Take Me To Church
  • Gwen Stefani – Baby Don't Lie
  • OneRepublic – I Lived
  • Meghan Trainor – Lips Are Movin’
  • Tiffany Houghton – Love Like That
  • Mr. Probz/Robin Schulz – Waves
  • Florida Georgia Line – Dirt

Top 5 Hit-Bound
1. David Guetta/Sam Martin – Dangerous
2. Mr. Probz/Robin Schulz – Waves
3. Eden XO – (Not) Too Cool To Dance
4. OneRepublic – I Lived
5. Magic! – Let Your Hair Down

Blame It On The Blurbs, Don't Blame It On Me
~ Taylor Swift – Out Of The Woods ties with DJ Snake/Lil Jon – Turn Down For What for the Most Hysterically Short Tenure of 2014 spending only one week on the countdown.

~ R5  Heart Made Up On You lasted only two weeks with us unfortunately.

~ Did anyone else notice Spyder Harrison forgot to announce Rixton – Wait On Me being one of the songs that left? I was confused once the sixth entrant aired.

~ Maroon 5 – Animals is already in the Top 3! And it's only it's third week.

~ Rixton – Wait On Me leaves after an annoyingly short tenure. >:(

~ What the hell is OneRepublic – Counting Stars still doing here??? This is beyond ridiculous. If Love Runs Out leaves before Counting Stars, I will be pissed.

~ Magic! – Rude needs to leave. Who still listens to this large piece of crap???

~ Pitbull/John Ryan – Fireball is getting old. Please start to be on your way out soon.

~ Jesse McCartney – Superbad is staying strong on the countdown. Keep it up pal!

~ I can finally download The Vamps/Shawn Mendes – Oh Cecilia (Breaking My Heart). I've been waiting since I first heard it on the #YouTube15 with Jenna Marbles.

~ Ed Sheeran – Don't at #5 is exactly what I was worried about this week. Please fix this.

~ Congrats Disclosure/Sam Smith – Latch on staying (much) longer than I thought you would.

~ Best song on Jenna Marbles' #YouTube15: Dillon Francis/Brendon Urie – Love In The Middle Of A Firefight

My Top 5 Picks
1. Calvin Harris/John Newman – Blame
2. Fergie – L.A. Love (La La)
3. Ella Henderson – Ghost
4. Cobra Starship – Never Been In Love
5. Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong

69 comments:

  1. My favorite song on the -#Youtube15 is Sabrina Carpenter- middle of starting over

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh, I'm not a Reflections fan either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate you so much Adrian, for hating Take Me To Church :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I 200% Agree with Lance TAKE ME TO CHURCH IS A BEATUIFUL SONG ABOUT GAY PEOPLE AND I ALMOST CRIED WHILE LISTENING TO IT AND WATCHING THE VIDEO WAIT ACTUALLY I DID CRY AND I JUST REALIZED YOU GUYS GET SICK OF SONGS TOO FAST I MEAN DON'T AND STAY WITH ME ARE STILL GOOD BUT YOU GUYS THINK IT'S Old

      Delete
    2. I'm proud of Take Me To Church! I never thought it'd get this popular!

      Delete
    3. Wow... I had no idea that's what it's about. I'm sorry about that. When I judge songs, I occasionally don’t pay attention to the lyrics. Plus, I had really only heard the song once. So it was kinda too early for me to judge it anyway.

      Delete
  4. I know that the jump of don't was REALLY annoying but it has only been here like 10 weeks and it should be in the blue, pink, or yellow category

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok first of all how the crap do you hate Hozier-Take Me To Church It's good and second of all how do you hate Misterwives-Reflections you and me are extremely different and me and Lance are pretty similar and third of all you like ICSDAY???? Fourth of all Don't watch the video for Dangerous by Big Data and Joyride and fifth of all how do you like New Politics-Evreywhere I Go??????? All it is decent garbage and sixth of all and I'm surprised you like Dirt It's just not your kind of song I mean I like It too but you wouldn't like a song like that and seventh of all will ADRIAN ever like a Meghan Trainor song we'll see in the future see what I did there?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just remembered that Take Me To Church is about gay people hence the title did you see what I did there again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hosier-Take Me To Church is ok. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey everyone my new Top 40 is out! Go check it out! Also vote on the new poll!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't understand why Parachute- Olivia Somerlyn and Love Me Harder- Ariana Grande/The Weeknd aren't on the countdown or Hit-Bound but are still played on Hits 1.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No that song was overplayed the week before Labor Day and Debuted Labor Day weekend with Ariana Grande. Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It got a lot of airplay and never went to hitbound for a few weeks.

      Delete
  11. No the 1st time I heard that song was 8/25/14 and I heard it a lot throughout the week. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey guys sorry I haven't been commenting for a while I was out of town visiting relatives
    Full countdown and hitbound reviews coming soon!
    Also Adrian you should host a Blame entering party on this blog
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! We need to do a Am I Wrong GO AWAY!!! Party?

      Delete
    2. No.
      Am I Wrong is in the "pink" category
      It will, though, become "yellow" soon
      -Remy (also all the reviews will probably be tomorrow)

      Delete
    3. It's Jason Rearick!

      Delete
    4. I miss u Remy.
      - Jason Rearick.

      Delete
  13. Wow u put mister wives and Meghan Trainor in red..
    I'm sad
    -Cole

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why Meghan Trainor? All About That Bass is a good song.Jack

    ReplyDelete
  15. We have now reached 200,000 pageviews on this blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!!! I can't believe we're there already! This calls for a 200,000 pageview special! I'm still thinking of what to do though. Also, I'm working on my Hit 45 Chart right now. It should be out soon.

      Delete
    2. Congrats Adrian
      For this special occasion, I'm going to sing to you a special song, that goes like this: BLAME IT ON THE NIIIIIGHT, DON'T BLAME IT ON ME, DON'T BLAME IT ON ME, DON'T BLAME IT ON MEEEEE!
      -Remy the partygoer

      Delete
    3. Great Job Adrian,
      I only started following this blog earlier this year and It only gets better!
      I just want you to know, that your blog is the reason I started mine!
      Congrats!

      - Lance who likes singing names (LOL emoji)

      Delete
  16. Here are the chorus lines for Calvin Harris/John Newman-Blame
    Blame It On The Night, Don't Blame It On Me 2x 4x Dont Blame It On Me then the Dance part comes. This is Jack Lambert signing off.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't know why but I'm already over NBILB, Ghost, and jealoys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never Been In Love and Ghost are both in my Top 5. So they aren't old to me yet.

      Delete
  18. I'm already getting sick of NBILB and Jealous not yet Ghost

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey shut up Mikey Rossy! I LOVE Cobra Starship/Icona Pop-I Never Been In Love Before. You are not telling me you are sick of that song are you?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ghost spent SOOO long on hitbound.

    ReplyDelete
  21. If you guys didn't already, you need to listen to Ariana Grande and The Weeknd – Love Me Harder. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Animals or Centuries better be at #1 next week. I'm tired of seeing Shake it Off at #1. It's still good I'm just sick of it at #1.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Who are you? That Wasn't Me? I am Jack Lambert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't me either.
      It was probably Cole or the other Remi.
      -Remy

      Delete
  24. Now Hits 1 has stopped playing Welcome To New York and is playing Blank Space... Hits 1 needs to decide which T Swift song they're gonna play!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really mad about them playing Welcome To New York over Out Of The Woods, but now I'm mad because theere playing Blank Space over the 2! You can play all the songs right?

      Delete
    2. Out Of The Woods is The Best. Not gonna lie.
      -Remy

      Delete
    3. Oh and Blank a Space is still good.

      Delete
    4. My favorite song on 1989 besides Shake It Off is Bad Blood! Its amazing!

      Delete
  25. OMG!! How many Taylor Swift songs are on the Hits 1 playlist? Because of 1989?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hits 1 plays a lot of Taylor Swift. She was on radio when my mom picked me up at school. Jack Lambert

    ReplyDelete
  27. Here is Jacks Billboard Hot 100 top 10 review:
    10. This song will probably leave next week.
    9. This song is ok.
    8. PLEASE STOP RISING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. 7. Good. YES!!!!!!!!!!
    6. Same as 7
    5. 1st time a male artist in the top 5 for a while.
    4. Good
    3. Same as 4
    2. Same as 3 and 4
    1. In about 2 weeks you will tie the billboard Hot 100 spending 10 weeks at #1 like what Pharrell Williams-Happy did.

    ReplyDelete
  29. VOTE! http://thetwincountdowns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. I heard love me harder on kidkelly. Its SOOOOO catchy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yeah we'll it will probably bot debut because Ariana Grande already has 3 songs on the countdown. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hey Adrian, just got a question. Why'd u change Hoizer-Take Me To Church without saying the big woop woop? You did the same with The 1975-Girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They both started to grow on me. I'll say about 75% of the songs I mark in red to begin with have grown on me and have at least turned blue.

      Delete
  33. Weekend countdown prediction anyone? Hits 1 played a lot of song that are not on the countdown. Maybe other 6-DTHNOB week? Hits 1 is upsets see with the 6-DTHNOB weeks. Ed Sheeran-Don't May hit the Top 5 or go to #1? Ariana Grande may have 4 songs on the countdown? Maybe Ariana Grande/Iggy Azalea-Problem will leave the countdown? Taylor Swift is hosting the countdown. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  34. Adrian, I'm sorry…








    I'm so, so sorry…








    but I think it happened…







    again.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Replies
    1. Well…let's just say a certain song joined DJ Snake's STAY ON FOR WHAT club.

      Delete
  36. Guys, I have some news. It's bad news for me, but probably the BEST news for you. One of my favorite songs has left the countdown. Nobody else probably really liked it anymore, but I still loved it. Call me crazy, call me what you will, say I'm old-fashioned, say I'm over the hill, say I need to stop quoting Bob Seeger because that last one is true! :D In all seriousness, I feel bad typing these words, but I guess someone's gotta do it, eh? Here's the news:
    Pop the confetti, guys, Counting Stars has officially left the Weekend Countdown.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Does anyone like Iggy Azalea/Mø- Beg For It
    I think it's really catchy!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Can someone post the countdown?

    ReplyDelete
  39. Songs that left
    Jesse McCartney-Superbad (NOOOOOOOOOOOO)
    Nico And Vinz-Am I Wrong
    Taylor Swift-Welcome To New York (3rd one week song)
    One Republic-Counting Stars (it was 2 weeks away) (crying emoji)
    Kim Cesarion-Undressed (lmfao Lance is happy) (what's Lance's least favorite song now?)

    Songs that entered
    Olivia Somerlyn-Parachute (very expected)
    Gwen Stefani-Baby Don't Lie (eh?)
    Hozier-Take Me To Church (YESSSSSSSSSSS Sam Smith has been overthrown)
    Misterwives-Reflections (sorry ADRIAN)
    Taylor Swift-Blank Space (will this be a 1 week song?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!! Undressed is gone even though it Aired a lot this week!!! Taylor Swift must have done it! #UndressedIsGone

      Delete
  40. Welcome to new York left! More friends for DJ Snake and Lil Jon

    ReplyDelete
  41. I HATE Parachute... It's worse than We Are Done!
    I LOVE Take Me To Church and Blank Space.
    Am I Wrong left! Nooo!
    Counting Stars left! Semi-nooo!
    Overall, it was an okay week.

    -Trance the TMTC and Blank Space lover

    ReplyDelete
  42. We'll Trance I have some bad news. The Madden Brothers-We Are Done just debuted the VH1 Top 20 video countdow. Jack Lambert

    ReplyDelete
  43. UNDRESSED LEFT!!!!!!!!!??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!WEEPINGCRYING SOUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(I'm not that sick of counting stars thachos)

    ReplyDelete