Saturday, October 4, 2014

Meghan Trainor (2) – Week Of October 4, 2014


This was an okay week. Only two entrants this week, an annoying #1 song, and an annoying biggest jump of the week. Before we get to this week’s Fresh 45, here are the songs we’re saying goodbye to this week.


  • Enrique Iglesias/Sean Paul – Bailando (#31)
  • Becky G – Shower (#44)

Last Week’s #1 Song: Taylor Swift – Shake It Off
The Countdown
45. Bleachers – I Wanna Get Better (#42)
44. Disclosure/Sam Smith – Latch (#45)
43. Ingrid Michaelson – Girls Chase Boys (#29)
42. 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect (#37)
41. Kongos – Come With Me Now (#38)
40. Magic! – Rude (#35)
39. Cobra Starship – Never Been In Love (DEBUT)
38. Ariana Grande – Problem (#33)
37. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (#40)
36. One Direction – Steal My Girl (DEBUT)
35. Fall Out Boy – Young Volcanoes (#32)
34. Pitbull/John Ryan – Fireball (#20)
33. G.R.L. – Ugly Heart (#30)
32. Mary Lambert – Secrets (#34)
31. Demi Lovato/Cher Lloyd – Really Don’t Care (#26)
30. Sia – Chandelier (#14)
29. Sam Smith – Stay With Me (#36)
28. Nicki Minaj – Anaconda (#28)
27. Kim Cesarion – Undressed (#23)
26. The 1975 – Girls (#24)
25. Rixton – Wait On Me (#27)
24. Betty Who – Somebody Loves You (#25)
23. Heymous Molly – Life’s A Beach (#22)
22. Jason Derulo – Trumpets (#18)
21. Katy Perry – This Is How We Do (#13)
20. Iggy Azalea/Rita Ora – Black Widow (#7)
19. The Vamps/Demi Lovato – Somebody To You (#39)
18. Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne – Rather Be (#9)
17. Fall Out Boy – Centuries (#15)
16. Nick Jonas – Jealous (#41)
15. Jesse McCartney – Superbad (#16)
14. Charli XCX – Boom Clap (#5)
13. Ed Sheeran – Don’t (#12)
12. Jessie J/Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Bang Bang (#3)
11. Coldplay – A Sky Full Of Stars (#17)
10. MKTO – American Dream (#21)
  9. Tove Lo – Habits (Stay High) (#19)
  8. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Amnesia (#4)
  7. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy (#43) [#NoWords #NotOkay]
  6. Echosmith – Cool Kids (#10)
  5. Ariana Grande/Zedd – Break Free (#11)
  4. OneRepublic – Love Runs Out (#8)
  3. Maroon 5 – Maps (#6)
  2. Taylor Swift – Shake It Off (#1)
  1. Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass (#2) [2nd Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Sia – Chandelier (–16)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy (+36)

New Entrants
~ Coming back from a 2-year hiatus, we have Cobra Starship who teamed up with Icona Pop to make Never Been In Love. I don't usually look at Icona Pop in a good way after I Love It. But they redeemed themselves in this song. And Cobra Starship never really disappoints.

~ One Direction is back with the super catchy Steal My Girl. You had to have heard it at least once during the week with how often it was aired. It's probably their best for now. We'll see how long it goes before it gets old and I'll be wanting it to leave. But for now, it's really good.

Steal My Blurbs
~ Spyder Harrison interrupted the countdown after #26 to play Fergie – L.A. Love (La La La).

~ MKTO – American Dream is already in the Top 10. As far as I can recall, this is only it's third week.

~ Also in the Top 10, we got Tove Lo – Habits. Looks like she's doing a good job of "staying high" (on the countdown).

~ Steal My Girl > FireProof

~ I seriously thought about putting Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy in orange after the enormous jump. But I hate All About That Bass so much!!! UGH!!!

~ I feel like writing a letter to Hits 1 saying that kicking Enrique Iglesias/Sean Paul – Bailando out of the countdown is not okay. It's doing well on the AT40. I don't understand. #BringBailandoBack

~ OneRepublic – Love Runs Out is back in the Top 5. Luckily I don't mind because I still think it's good. But I don't want it to become the next Counting Stars. So if it could drop at least out of the Top 10, I'd be happy.

~ Bleachers – I Wanna Get Better needs to leave. It was nice having you around. But you need to leave.

~ Sia – Chandelier is back in the bottom half of the countdown after only two weeks in the teens.

~ On Twitter, someone who I'm assuming is a Heymous Molly fan tweeted a photo of the countdown list from last weekend saying that Life's A Beach is climbing the countdown at #22. Why am I bringing this up? That countdown list was from this blog.

~ Every time Echosmith – Cool Kids comes on, my dad says that it sounds like a Taylor Swift song. I've listened to enough Taylor Swift to know that Cool Kids sounds NOTHING like her style of music.

~ Speaking of Taylor Swift, she's going to help coach all the coaches on this season of The Voice. There's a lot of hate about that. And I don't understand. She's actually a great choice. Not because she's a good singer and makes good music. But because she was once a country artist. That's good for Blake Shelton's team. And she knows a thing or two about pop music now for the other coaches like Adam Levine.

~ New #1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Gavin DeGraw – Fire

~ Jenna Marbles must be really lovin' The Vamps/Shawn Mendes – Oh Cecilia (Breaking My Heart). This is the fourth straight week where I heard it on the #YouTube15. I can't argue with her though. It's a really good song.

~ Hit 45 Chart for this week is actually out on time this week. Will Calvin Harris/John Newman – Blame hold #1 for a second week in a row? Click here to find out.

~ Don't forget to check out the End Of The Year Countdown Voting Info under the "Pages" gadget on the web version of the site.

My Top 5 Picks
1. Jessie J/Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Bang Bang
2. One Direction – Steal My Girl
3. Cobra Starship – Never Been In Love
4. The Vamps/Demi Lovato – Somebody To You
5. Rixton – Wait On Me

51 comments:

  1. Dear Fancy,
    #leavethiscountdown and stop making annoying "big jumps!"
    -Remy (hitbound list anyone?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hit-Bound:

      Ella Henderson - Ghost
      Tiffany Houghton - Love Like That
      Calvin Harris/John Newman - Blame
      Nico & Vinz - In Your Arms
      Sheppard - Geronimo
      Sam Smith - I'm Not The Only One
      Jake Miller - First Flight Home
      Bebe Rexha - I Can't Stop Drinking About You
      Maroon 5 - Animals
      R5 - Heart Made Up On You
      Dirty Heads - My Sweet Summer
      Bastille - Flaws
      Childish Gambino - 3005

      Sadly, OneRepublic - I Lived left.

      Delete
    2. No! This morning I heard: OneRepublic- I Lived on hitbound and Meghan Trainor- Title but not Fireproof.

      Delete
    3. Hitbound my way!!
      Meghan Trainor - Title
      Nico & Vinz - In Your Arms
      Jake Miller - First Flight Home
      Ella Henderson - Ghost
      Calvin Harris/John Newman - Blame
      Maroon 5 - Animals
      Sheppard - Geronimo
      OneRepublic - I Lived
      Bastille - Flaws
      Dirty Heads - My Sweet Summer
      Tiffany Houghton - Love Like That
      Blue
      Childish Gambino - 3005
      Bebe Rexha - I Can't Stop Drinking About You
      R5 - Heart Made Up On You
      Red
      Sam Smith - I'm Not The Only One
      -Cole The Happy Guy

      Delete
    4. Wait Title is on hit-bound?????????

      Delete
  2. Debut review (s):
    39. Now when I first heard this song, I thought, "Wow its yet another teen-peppy song that's supposed to be for kids" but as I listened to it more I started to think, "Wow this is actually a pretty decent song! I like it!" So yeah I have mixed opinions on this song now.
    36. I knew this was gonna debut because of the crazy load of airplay it got this week. I actually like this better than Fireproof, but by, like, a microscopic hair. You can thank me now Adrian.
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
  3. One Direction-Fireproof left because Steal My Girl is here. But earlier this year One Directon-Story Of My Life was on the countdown when One Direction-You and I was on hitbound. And One Direction-Best Song Ever was on the countdown when One Direction-Story Of My Life was on Hitbound. This is Jack Lambert signing off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Story Of My Life and You and I were never on Hit-Bound.

      Delete
  4. Fireproof left? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADRIAN AND LANCE WHEN THE HECK ARE YOU DOING YOUR BILLBOARD POSTS I NEED TO KNOW WHO LEFT I HAVE WAY TOO MANY POSTS TO DO TO DO IT MYSELF AND ADRIAN THE ONLY POST YOU DO IS YOUR COUNTDOWN POST SO YEAH YOU HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH TIME TO DO IT WHY AREN'T YOU DOING IT??????????????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again. The Billboard post was a special one time post because I had a half day of school. No. I do not have enough time because I am in high school and I'm working on homework everyday.

      Delete
    2. Same here, plus I don't even have a blog
      Next year I'll be in high school, any words of advice Adrian?
      -Remy the 8th grader

      Delete
  6. I am in High School. How many One Directions songs didn't go to Hitbound? 3? Did One Directon-Fireproof leave Hitbound? Was One Direction-What Makes You Beaufitul/One Thing and Live While We're Young on Hitbound? One Dorection is making a LOT of music. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this week!
    Woo HOO Fancy!!
    Steal My Girl and NBIL WOO HOO
    AND I WANNA GET BETTER IS STILL HERE KEEP DOIN UR THING BUDDY
    -Cole

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cole you are happy of all of that? Even when Hits 1 makes a new record for Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX-Fancy had not 1 BUT 2 All of a sudden jumps on 1 song? That's a new record for hits 1. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  9. At 2,000 pageviews should I blog Adrian's top 45 or the American Top 40

    ReplyDelete
  10. American Top 40. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adrian's top 45! (Because along with Lance's, that chart is actually quality!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Title (Meghan Trainor) was on the Morning Mash Up a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't heard it anywhere else including Hitbound since.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It must of went on something. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hit-Bound songs that need to debut because they are getting popular everywhere else:
    Blame- Calvin Harris/John Ryan
    I'm Not The Only One- Sam Smith
    First Flight Home- Jake Miller
    Animals- Maroon 5
    3005- Childish Gambino
    I Lived- One Republic
    L.A. Love (La La)- Fergie
    Title- Meghan Trainor

    ReplyDelete
  15. John Newman. John Ryan is a famous baseball and basketball player and he is a songwriter too. This is Jack Lambert signing off.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lol Jimmy Fallon/Will I Am-Ew! Is hilarious and R5-Heart Made Up On You has been on hit-bound for almost 2 months October 9 will be it's 2 month anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want R5- Heart Made Up On You to Debut!!! I do not want R5-Heart Made Up On You to become another Jessie McCartney-Superbad and Betty Who-Somebody Loves You. Jack Lambert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. Can't believe it's been 2 months.
      I Lived left hit bound, and LA Love and Title never debuted Hit-bound
      Dear Future Husband is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Title
      Not as good as AATB though!
      -Remy Trainor

      Delete
    2. Any Meghan Trainor song is better than AATB.

      Delete
    3. For you it's obvious. (duh)
      Wassup ya guys? I'm bored
      -Remy

      Delete
    4. How about a lyric chain?

      I know now I've never been in love before
      I know now I've never been in love before you

      Delete
    5. My mind says no, you're no good for me, you're no good, but my heart's made up on you...
      -Remy

      Delete
    6. We are brighter, we are brighter, let's show them how we light up tonight

      Delete
  18. So Hits 1 is playing Ew! by Jimmy Fallon & Will.I.Am. I didn't expect this.

    ReplyDelete
  19. There's a possibility that ICSDAY will leave Hit-bound this week!
    If it does... my face will be like Anais's face on Trance's profile pic.
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I'm lance. If you don't already please check out my blog. I love to have your support!

      - Lanve

      Delete
  21. Who are you Graham Badenhausen? What did you say? I am Jack Lambert, nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Round 9 post is done and final poll is up

    ReplyDelete
  23. Songs leaving
    Bleachers-I wanna get better
    Disclosure/Sam Smith-Latch
    Ingrid Michaelson-Girls Chase Boys
    G.R.L-Ugly Heart
    Sia-Chandelier
    Heymous Molly-Life's a beach
    The 1975-Girls
    Betty Who-Somebody Loves You
    Songs debuting
    Nico And Vinz-In Your arms
    Sheppard-Geronimo
    Sam Smith-I'm Not the Only One
    Jake Miller-First Flight Home
    Maroon 5-Animals
    Dirty Heads-My Sweet Summer
    R5-Heart Made Up On You
    Bastille-Flaws

    ReplyDelete
  24. To be honest, I'm surprised but not surprised by the fact that Impossible Orchestra - God Only Knows hasn't made the YouTube 15. Maybe next week.

    By the way, if you haven't heard it, then HEAR IT NOW. Even though it's a cover, but STILL.

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG CHANDELIER I WANNA GET BETTER LIFE'S A BEACH GIRLS CHASE BOYS UGLY HEART AND SOMEBODY LOVES YOU LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THIS IS HOW WE DO HAD THE BIGGEST DROP DOWN 24 TO NUMBER 45 SORRY LANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugly heart left (crying emoji)

      Delete
    2. TIHWD had the biggest drop?????????????????????
      My mom will be very happy... but I'm not happy at all!
      And talk about a short tenure for Somebody Loves You!
      -Remy

      Delete
  26. NOOOOOOOO GRRRR ROOOOAAARRR
    LIFES A BEACH, UGLY HEART???, SOMEBODY LOVES YOU, I WANNA GET BETTER, GIRLS!!!!!???????
    R5 DEBUTED??? NOOO CURSE YOU SAM SMITH :-(
    COLE
    THE GUY WHOS IN A RAGE

    ReplyDelete