Saturday, September 20, 2014

Meghan Trainor (1) – Week Of September 20, 2014


My two favorite gay singers took over Hits 1 this weekend. How exciting. Bad things happened on the countdown. But good things happened on Hit-Bound. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.


  • Kiesza – Hideaway (#32)
  • Rixton – Me and My Broken Heart (#37)
  • Ed Sheeran – Sing (#41)
  • Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong (#42) [Nooo!!!]

Last Week's #1 Song: Maroon 5 – Maps
The Countdown
45. Bleachers – I Wanna Get Better (#45)
44. T. Mills – All I Wanna Do (#44)
43. G.R.L. – Ugly Heart (DEBUT)
42. Kalin and Myles – Love Robbery (#38)
41. Rita Ora – I Will Never Let You Down (#43)
40. 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect (#27)
39. Betty Who – Somebody Loves You (DEBUT)
38. Ariana Grande – Problem (#23)
37. Rixton – Wait On Me (DEBUT)
36. Disclosure/Sam Smith – Latch (#36)
35. MKTO – American Dream (DEBUT)
34. Magic! – Rude (#40)
33. Fall Out Boy – Young Volcanoes (#8)
32. Kim Cesarion – Undressed (#26)
31. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (#31)
30. Nicki Minaj – Anaconda (#30)
29. Kongos – Come With Me Now (#19)
28. Pitbull/John Ryan – Fireball (#22)
27. The 1975 – Girls (#33)
26. Jason Derulo – Trumpets (#34)
25. Becky G – Shower (#29)
24. Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne – Rather Be (#28)
23. Heymous Molly – Life's A Beach (#25)
22. Enrique Iglesias/Sean Paul – Bailando (#18)
21. Tove Lo – Habits (Stay High) (#21)
20. Iggy Azalea/Rita Ora – Black Widow (#24)
19. Jesse McCartney – Superbad (#39)
18. Charli XCX – Boom Clap (#16)
17. Coldplay – A Sky Full Of Stars (#15)
16. Demi Lovato/Cher Lloyd – Really Don't Care (#10)
15. Ingrid Michaelson – Girls Chase Boys (#17)
14. Jessie J/Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Bang Bang (#14)
13. Fall Out Boy – Centuries (#35)
12. Sia – Chandelier (#20)
11. Sam Smith – Stay With Me (#3)
10. Katy Perry – This Is How We Do (#9)
  9. OneRepublic – Love Runs Out (#13)
  8. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy (#6)
  7. Echosmith – Cool Kids (#11)
  6. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Amnesia (#12)
  5. Ed Sheeran – Don't (#7)
  4. Ariana Grande/Zedd – Break Free (#4)
  3. Taylor Swift – Shake It Off (#5)
  2. Maroon 5 – Maps (#1)
  1. Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass (#2) [1st Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Fall Out Boy – Young Volcanoes (–25)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Fall Out Boy – Centuries (+22)

New Entrants
~ MKTO are back! They brought American Dream! It's catchy and I think they'll do well because of the success Classic had. It was almost on this countdown for a full year.

~ G.R.L. – Ugly Heart is also pretty good. I like it. That's all.

~ Betty Who finally debuted with Somebody Loves You. This song is also really good. Betty Who needs more recognition. Her song with Peter Thomas called All Of You was on Hit-Bound at some point, but never debuted, sadly. But at least we have this.

~ Finally, we come to Rixton – Wait On Me. This is really good compared to inferior Me and My Broken Heart. Kinda like how Ed Sheeran – Don't is superior to Sing. But the point is, Wait On Me is really good and I expect some success from it.

Hit-Bound
~ Calvin Harris/John Newman – Blame is on Hit-Bound!!! YES!!!!! Debut the countdown soon please.

~ Mary Lambert hosted Hit-Bound. She was fun to listen to.

~ Maroon 5 – Animals is on Hit-Bound.

~ Here's the Hit-Bound list:

  • Calvin Harris/John Newman – Blame
  • Ella Henderson – Ghost
  • R5 – Heart Made Up On You
  • Jake Miller – First Flight Home
  • Sam Smith – I'm Not The Only One
  • Nick Jonas – Jealous
  • Mary Lambert – Secrets
  • Cobra Starship/Icona Pop – Never Been In Love
  • Maroon 5 – Animals
  • Bebe Rexha – I Can't Stop Drinking About You
  • Bastille – Flaws
  • The Vamps/Demi Lovato – Somebody To You
  • Childish Gambino – 3005
  • One Direction – Fireproof
  • Brantley Gilbert – Bottoms Up

Top 5 Hit-Bound
1. Calvin Harris/John Newman – Blame
2. Nick Jonas – Jealous
3. Cobra Starship/Icona Pop – Never Been In Love
4. Sam Smith – I'm Not The Only One
5. Mary Lambert – Secrets

The American Blurb
~ Hits 1 must've realized Kiesza – Hideaway doesn't belong on their radio station or their countdown. 'Cause they kicked it out after lasting only two weeks. 

~ F**K YOU MEGHAN TRAINOR!!! F**K YOU!!! (That's all I have to say.)

~ Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong left after being in the Top 10 two weeks ago. And Magic! – Rude is still here. Completely unacceptable.

~ Sia – Chandelier, a song that spent a lot of time in the bottom half of the countdown, is now #12. It's looking at an extended stay in the teens.

~ Having Bang Bang, Break Free, and Anaconda all on the countdown is gonna be a Problem*. All because of the countdown's silly rule of having songs by the same artist close to each other. You can see that happening with Ariana Grande and Charli XCX.

*See what I did there? :D

~ Sam Smith hosted the Weekend Countdown. Overall, he did a pretty good job. I love how generous he was and allowed his song to drop out of the Top 10.

~ Nothing changed between Rixton and #37.

~ Pitbull/John Ryan – Fireball is going the wrong way. Same with Bailando.

~ Taylor Swift – Shake It Off is getting closer to that #1 spot. Hopefully, we'll see it take over. Ummm......now please.

~ It's time to reveal the Top 3 for your 2014 Summer Voting Competition. Here are the two songs that (sadly) left.


  • Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong
  • OneRepublic – Love Runs Out

And now here are the Top 3 Contenders:

  • Enrique Iglesias/Sean Paul – Bailando
  • Florida Georgia Line/Jason Derulo/Luke Bryan – This Is How We Roll
  • Becky G – Shower

We're at the final voting week. The last and final poll is up. So get voting for your favorite song!

~ Two songs you guys should listen to are (because they are interesting): Brantley Gilbert/Justin Moore/Thomas Rhett – Small Town Throwdown and Lindsey Stirling/Lzzy Hale – Shatter Me

~ Best song on Jenna Marbles' #YouTube15: The Vamps/Shawn Mendes – Oh Cecilia (Breaking My Heart)

My Top 5 Picks
1. Taylor Swift – Shake It Off
2. Enrique Iglesias/Sean Paul – Bailando
3. Jessie J/Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Bang Bang
4. Rixton – Wait On Me
5. MKTO – American Dream 

62 comments:

  1. I can't stand Flaws by Bastille either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW CAN U HATE FLAWS??????? U ALL ARE BASTILLE HATERS!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agrreed every debut was good and hit-bound is almost perfect except for can't stop drinking about you and v.3005

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it funny how Fall Out Boy had both the biggest drop and the biggest jump of the week?
    And Rixton must looove that #37 spot. Hit's 1 just can't live without a Rixton song, cuz whilst MAMBH left, WOM debuted.
    Just sayin'.
    Also there will be 3 NEW be-gone parties this week on LANCE'S BLOG, the MAMBH be gone, the Am I Wrong be gone, and the freakin' SING BE GONE!!!!!!!!
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will unfortunately not be attending the Am I Wrong be-gone party.

      Delete
    2. Figures.
      Cole will have his Hideaway be-gone party which I will NOT be attending.
      Adrian, I feel bad for you and your luck. AATB has hit #1 on Billboard AND the Weekend Countdown.
      -Remy

      Delete
    3. There will be another party on my blog tomorrow to. News on that will be on my blurbs when there out!

      Delete
    4. Speaking of parties, let's have a WAIT ON ME ENTERING PARTY! (because you know I LOVE that song...)

      Delete
  5. Cole, Why do you not like Kiesza-Hideaway?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is interesting Curlin but Lance why do you think Rixton-Wait On Me is old? I like that song. Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read my "New Entrants" section! I think it's old because it was on hitbound for so long.... It seemed like and I always hear it....

      Delete
  7. It was on hitbound since August. I understand you Lance. But didn't Rixton-Me and My Broken Heart spend a lot of time on hitbound too?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hit bound
    1. Secrets
    2. Blame
    3. First Flight Home
    4. Never Been In Love
    5. Jealous
    6. Animals
    7. Somebody To You
    8. Ghost
    9. Bottoms Up
    10. Flaws

    11. Heart Made Up On You
    12. I Can't Stop Drinking About You
    13. 3005
    14. I'm Not The Only One

    15. Fireproof. (Blah blah)

    -Cole


    HIDEAWAY IS GGOOONNNNNEEE WWOO HOOO
    whatever but Ugly Heart, Wait On Me, and Somebody Loves You is here!!
    Eh is what I think about American Dream it's like eh
    I don't like hideaway because of her pet monkey that has a solo in the chorus.
    It's also bland and uninteresting
    OMG ALL ABOUT THAT BASS IS ON BYYYEEEE

    Wait listen to Meghan Trainor - Title, and Jeremih/YG - Don't Tell Em

    ReplyDelete
  9. WAUT WHOAWHOAWHAO
    why is Fancy in red?
    Why is Undressed in pink?
    Why is Break Free in blue?
    Why is Latch in green?
    Why is Life's A Beach in RED????
    -Cole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ~ Fancy is so old that it's bad.
      ~ Break Free is becoming okay. Overplay.
      ~ Undressed is starting to get old.
      ~ Life's A Beach is just plain out bad.
      ~ Latch is still good in my opinion.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, but WHY IN THE WORLD is Rather Be in RED?!?!?!

      Delete
    3. I'm so so so so so so.... HAPPY THAT YOUR FINALLY STARTING TO HATE UNDRESSED!!!

      Delete
  10. Adrian: DO NOT LISTEN TO MEGHAN TRAINOR - TITLE. I think it's good, but you would HATE it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. He may like it Curlin

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have no idea. Maybe Adrian is sick of it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Title!!!
    Fancy isn't old in my opinion sorry
    Girls, Shower, Love Robbery, Young Volcanoes and Rather Be in RED???
    I wanna get better in tur.???
    IWNLYD IN YELLOW????!!
    wow Cole control your anger it's just his opinion

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cole be nice to Adrian. Jack Lambert is a nice person.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Clean Bandit-Rather Be is starting to get old. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like Clean Bandit-Rather Be and HATE KIM CEASRION-UNDRESSED. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  17. Songs I would put in red:
    Fancy- Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX
    Love Runs Out- One Republic
    A Sky Full of Stars- Coldplay/Avicii
    Life's A Beach- Heymous Molly
    Come With Me Now- Kongos
    Counting Stars- One Republic
    Young Volcanoes- Fall Out Boy
    Problem- Ariana Grande
    She Looks So Perfect- 5 Seconds of Summer
    Love Robbery- Kalin & Myles
    I Wanna Get Better- Bleachers
    Flaws- Bastille

    Songs In Blue:
    Maps- Maroon 5
    This Is How We Do- Katy Perry
    Chandelier- Sia
    Stay With Me- Sam Smith
    Girls Chase Boys- Ingrid Michaelson
    Really Don't Care- Demi Lovato/Cher Lloyd
    Boom Clap- Charli XCX
    Fireball- Pitbull/John Ryan
    Undressed- Kim Cesarion
    Rude- Magic!
    Latch- Disclosure/Sam Smith
    I WIll Never Let You Down- Rita Ora
    I Can't Stop Drinking About You- Bebe Rexha

    Green:
    All About That Bass- Meghan Trainor
    Shake It Off- Taylor Swift
    Break Free- Ariana Grande/Zedd
    Don't- Ed Sheeran
    Amnesia- 5 Seconds of Summer
    Cool Kids- Echosmith
    Centuries- Fall Out Boy
    Bang Bang- Jessie J/Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj
    Superbad- Jesse McCartney
    Black Widow- Iggy Azalea/Rita Ora
    Habits (Stay High)- Tove Lo
    Bailando- Enrique Iglesias/Sean Paul
    Rather Be- Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne
    Shower- Becky G
    Trumpets- Jason Derulo
    Girls- The 1975
    Anaconda- Nicki Minaj
    American Dream- MKTO
    Wait On Me- Rixton
    Somebody Loves You- Betty Who
    Ugly Heart- G.R.L.
    All I Wanna Do- T. Mills
    Blame- Calvin Harris/John Newman
    Ghost- Ella Henderson
    Heart Made Up On You- R5
    First Flight Home- Jake Miller
    I'm Not The Only One- Sam Smith
    Jealous- Nick Jonas
    Secrets- Mary Lambert
    Never Been In Love- Cobra Starship/Icona Pop
    Animals- Maroon 5
    Somebody Loves You- The Vamps/Demi Lovato
    3005- Childish Gambino
    Fireproof- One Direction
    Bottoms Up- Brantley Gilbert

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dylan George can you predict what the countdown will be like when you get a chance please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I will get a chance. I am really busy. On top of regular school work, I have a job and I am president of Student Council. Our homecoming week is this coming week and I have a lot of stuff I have to do. After next week then I will probably have more time to do countdown predictions again and start my Current Weekly Chart on my blog. I barely have time to make my own Top 40 once a week.

      Delete
    2. Oh cool. My homecoming week is this current week. The homecoming dance is on Saturday.

      Delete
    3. Songs leaving
      Bleachers-I wanna get better (#45)
      T.Mills-All I Wanna Do (#44)
      Kalin And Myles-Love Robbery (#42)
      Rita Ora/Calvin Harris-I Will Never Let You Down (#41)
      Disclosure/Sam Smith-Latch (#36)

      Songs Entering
      Ella Henderson-Ghost
      Jake Miller-First Flight Home
      Nick Jonas-Jealous
      Mary Lambert-Secrets
      Cobra Starship/Icona Pop-Never Been In Love Before

      Delete
  19. You know what? Let's all listen to OneRepublic - I Lived right now. :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKt3o7WPYdo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh so you might no make a post until Sunday then. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adrian you never told us if you made it into the talent show remember you said you were gonna sing blame

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adrian and Lance when are you doing your billboard posts good kisser left summer left love never felt so good left jay z and jeezy's song left and cold one left

    ReplyDelete
  23. I listened to Mr.Probz-Waves it's really good hope it debuts hit-bound this week

    ReplyDelete
  24. Betty Who is hosting hit-bound and Curlin when are you doing your posts?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Betty Who probably has a new song on hitbound even though we may be welcoming back Peter Thomas/Betty Who-All Of You because Somebody Loves You finally debuted. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  26. Here it is, because (one of) you demanded it: http://thetwincountdowns.blogspot.com/2014/09/ella-henderson-2-week-of-september-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  27. If anyone's on, we're up to #41, and already we've heard that IWNLYD, Love Robbery, and All I Wanna Do left, Fancy had the Biggest DDDRRRRROOOPPPPPP!!!..., and Jealous debuted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If counting stars leaves before one year I'll be really mad and for the record WHY IS I WANNA GEt BETTER STILL HERE ITS OLD IS IT GONNA BE LIKE EVERY SONG THAT WAS In THE BOTTOM 5 and somebody to you debutes which I saw coming and vote for my new poll

      Delete
  28. OMG I forgot her name but a guest DJ on the weekend countdown from Springfield Virginia shouted us out on the countdown,she shouted out ADRIAN Lance Mikey and Jack Lambert and I didn't even know that Jack Lambert blogged the countdown.Does he? and if you are reading this person that shouted us out I'm from Yorktown Virginia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This might come as a shock, but... I AM that guy Cole from Springfield, Virginia. I did know that Jack Lambert and Remy don't blog the countdown, I just didn't wanted to fit all that in during the shoutout.

      Delete
  29. No!! I don't blog the countdown!! That's Wrong!! This is Jack Lambert signing off.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Mwuwahahahahahahahhahahahahaha…not anymore.
    One question: who else is EXCITED about the Biggest Jump of the Week?

    ReplyDelete
  31. Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne-Rather Be is the biggest jump =
    +15

    ReplyDelete
  32. Shake It Off = #1! YES! This calls for a... SHAKE IT OFF #1 PARTY!

    ReplyDelete
  33. LOL they played Flaws on hit-bound twice

    ReplyDelete
  34. I LIVED AND IN YOUR ARMS ARE ON HITBOUND!!!!!! YES!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wait I got a shout out on the radio??? Passingg Ouutt aschgj has give hgdcajushavasxjvjavjjahvjgajgvjgvh wckhvg hwcdgwghjcd civhyfhjgcchywdchgcgvh dcwggvkhcckvhwgcdghw
    -Coolleeevjnwrwfijvrnfpwivjrfwntjfrowiuvnofwvihv

    ReplyDelete
  36. Curlin gave a shout out? Was I in it because It would be great if I was but it's fine if I'm not.
    -Cole

    ReplyDelete
  37. Anyone have Vine?
    -Cole Cesarion

    ReplyDelete
  38. Things That Happened This Week:
    1. Shake It Off is #1
    2. I Will Never Let You Down, All I Wanna Do, and Love Robbery left.
    3. We got a shoutout on the radio
    4. Betty Who - Somebody Loves You debuted.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I think the best song on the youtube 15 this week was Geronimo

    ReplyDelete
  40. WHY ARE YOU ALL UNDRESSED HATERS??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????!!!!!?? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete