Saturday, August 30, 2014

Maroon 5 (3) – Week Of August 30, 2014


Ariana Grande had the Weekend Takeover this Labor Day Weekend. It’s been all about her this week. She performed two songs at the VMA’s, joined with The Morning Mash Up earlier this week, performed at the America’s Got Talent results show, and host The Weekend Countdown and Hit-Bound all weekend. Before we get to this week’s Fresh 45, here are the songs we’re saying goodbye to this week.


  • The Madden Brothers – We Are Done (#27)
  • John Legend/Tiësto – All Of Me (#36)
  • Fall Out Boy – Alone Together (#38) [DTHNOBx2]
  • Oh Honey – Be Okay (#42) [DTHNOBx2]
  • Tiësto/Matthew Koma – Wasted (#43)
  • Calvin Harris – Summer (#45)

Last Week’s #1 Song: Maroon 5 – Maps
The Countdown
45. Neon Trees – Sleeping With A Friend (#44)
44. Magic! – Rude (#41)
43. Ed Sheeran – Sing (#37)
42. Justin Timberlake – Not A Bad Thing (#29)
41. Iggy Azalea/Rita Ora – Black Widow (DEBUT)
40. Rixton – Me and My Broken Heart (#31)
39. Jessie J/Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Bang Bang (DEBUT)
38. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (#40)
37. Becky G – Shower (DEBUT)
36. Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World (#13)
35. Disclosure/Sam Smith – Latch (#28)
34. Bleachers – I Wanna Get Better (#21)
33. T. Mills – All I Wanna Do (#32)
32. X Ambassadors/Jamie N Commons – Jungle (#35)
31. Jason Derulo – Trumpets (DEBUT)
30. 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect (#33)
29. Kalin and Myles – Love Robbery (#26)
28. Heymous Molly – Life’s A Beach (DEBUT)
27. Sia – Chandelier (#30)
26. Ariana Grande – Problem (#4)
25. Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne – Rather Be (#20)
24. The Summer Set – Lightning In A Bottle (#17)
23. Enrique Iglesias/Sean Paul – Bailando (#24)
22. Tove Lo – Habits (Stay High) (DEBUT)
21. Kim Cesarion – Undressed (#22)
20. Echosmith – Cool Kids (#25)
19. Rita Ora – I Will Never Let You Down (#9)
18. Pitbull/John Ryan – Fireball (#18)
17. Ingrid Michaelson – Girls Chase Boys (#10)
16. Katy Perry – This Is How We Do (#14)
15. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy (#2)
14. Taylor Swift – Shake It Off (#38)
13. Ed Sheeran – Don’t (#23)
12. Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass (#7)
11. Coldplay – A Sky Full Of Stars (#15)
10. Ariana Grande/Zedd – Break Free (#16)
  9. Demi Lovato/Cher Lloyd – Really Don’t Care (#11)
  8. Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong (#34)
  7. Kongos – Come With Me Now (#7)
  6. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Amnesia (#23)
  5. OneRepublic – Love Runs Out (#3)
  4. Charli XCX – Boom Clap (#12)
  3. Fall Out Boy – Young Volcanoes (#8)
  2. Sam Smith – Stay With Me (#5)
  1. Maroon 5 – Maps (#1) [3rd Week At #1] 

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World (–23)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong (+26)

New Entrants
Tove Lo – Habits (Stay High) debuted all the way up at #22. (You would expect that high of a debut on a 6 or more DTHNOB week.) It was good when it first debuted on Hit-Bound. But because of it's long Hit-Bound tenure. I kinda overlistened to it. It's good right now though.

~ Heymous Molly – Life's A Beach kinda reminds me of T. Mills – All I Wanna Do. But it's not as good. But like All I Wanna Do, I don't see any long-term success for this song. (Besides the fact that it debuted up at #28.)

~ I can't be the only one tired of Jason Derulo. He's back with Trumpets, a song that is bland and completely uninteresting. I want the old Jason Derulo back. His older songs like Whatcha Say, In My Head, Don't Wanna Go Home, It Girl, and Breathing were all really good. R.I.P.: The old Jason Derulo.

~ Becky G – Shower was also uninteresting the first bunch of times I heard it. But I guess it's getting better. You people were probably wondering what's wrong with me for not liking that song. But keep in mind, I don't think it's good. I think it's okay.

~ Jessie J/Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Bang Bang is a really catchy tune and the best debut of the week. I think it was a great collaboration and their performance at the MTV Video Music Awards was great (Especially with Nicki Minaj's wardrobe malfunction).

~ Finally, we have Iggy Azalea/Rita Ora – Black Widow. Catchier than Fancy. But I'm tired of Iggy Azalea. Rita Ora's parts are the only parts that get categorized under "good". This Nicki Minaj wannabe however, needs to stop. Nicki is the queen of rap. (Eminem is the king.)

~ We made it through the entrants folks. About time we had another 6-DTHNOB week. 

Hit-Bound
~ Hilary Duff – All About You got some airplay this week, but didn't debut Hit-Bound.

~ Hit-Bound is looking pretty good. Besides Girls, every song is at least decent.

~ Here's the Hit-Bound list:

  • MKTO – American Dream
  • Rixton – Wait On Me
  • Bebe Rexha – I Can't Stop Drinking About You
  • Brantley Gilbert – Bottoms Up
  • R5 – Heart Made Up On You
  • Mary Lambert – Secrets
  • Kiesza – Hideaway
  • Jake Miller – First Flight Home
  • G.R.L. – Ugly Heart
  • The 1975 – Girls
  • The Vamps/Demi Lovato – Somebody To You
  • Jesse McCartney – Superbad
  • Betty Who – Somebody Loves You
  • Ella Henderson – Ghost
  • Nicki Minaj – Anaconda

Top 5 Hit-Bound
1. Mary Lambert – Secrets
2. Nicki Minaj – Anaconda
3. Rixton – Wait On Me
4. Jake Miller – First Flight Home
5. Bebe Rexha – I Can't Stop Drinking About You

Blurbing In The Shower
~ Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong had a hell lot of airplay this week. And it made the best sudden re-entry jump into the Top 10 in history. I'm so freakin' happy about it! Thank you Ariana!!!!!!! :D

~ Also making me really happy, Magic! – Rude slipped to #44. The Rude-be-gone party may be coming sooner than I thought.

~ There was a lot of Hit-Bound music airing as Ear Poppin’ Music. So this 6-DTHNOB week wasn’t a surprise.

~ See how quickly Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World fell back to the 30's. Some of these all-of-a-sudden jumps don't last long.

~ Fall Out Boy – Young Volcanoes made a random jump to #3. I don't think this is worthy enough to hit #1. But I'd rather have it than All About That Bass.

~ Speaking of All About That Bass, that song and Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX  Fancy both fell out of the Top 10. Good things happened this week.

~ Because of Fancy's drop, that forced Charli XCX – Boom Clap to jump into the Top 5.

~ Coldplay – A Sky Full Of Stars is at #11. Though I'm not complaining, this is a little unexpected and random.

~ Neon Trees – Sleeping With A Friend is still here. Though this is weird, I don't care. Stay as long as you like buddy.

~ OneRepublic – Counting Stars needs to leave!!!!! This is the oldest song on the countdown and it's ridiculous that it's still here!!!

~ 5 Seconds Of Summer – Amnesia jumped into the Top 10 after spending forever in the #18#23 range.

~ Pitbull/John Ryan – Fireball held the #18 spot for a third week in a row.

~ It's about time John Legend – All Of Me left.

~ The Top 11 is looking pretty good.

~ The next three songs eliminated from the 2014 Summer Voting Competition are:
  • 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect
  • Demi Lovato/Cher Lloyd – Really Don't Care
  • One Direction – You and I

Keep voting peeps. Next poll is up.

~ I completed my first week of school. It went pretty good. I got to see my friends and make new friends. I already have a project and that kind of stuff. But I'll try to enjoy this year because you need to make the most out of high school. Side note: Do you guys want me to post a pic of myself? Let me know in the comments.

My Top 5 Picks
1. Enrique Iglesias/Sean Paul – Bailando
2. Taylor Swift – Shake It Off
3. Jessie J/Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Bang Bang
4. Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong
5. Coldplay – A Sky Full Of Stars

51 comments:

  1. Jack Lambert really wants to do the entrants so he will do it
    41. Rita Ora's part is catchy but as of right now it is ok.
    39. I am extremely happy it debuted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    37. Same as 39.
    31. This is ok. At least a little bit better than Jason Derulo/Snoop Dogg-Wiggle
    28. What a good song.
    22. Finally this debuted with a very long Hitbound tenure. I absolutely love this song. I am glad it is the highest debut of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calvin Harris-Summer left? It didn't even reach the top 10.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adrian wasted was the biggest drop in the american top 40 from 26 to 39 and i thought you said it was doing good and it's not doing well in billboard either so wasted is officially a song that did not do well in any countdowns same with one minute more and summer was number 10 before whoever said that in the comment above mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. And when i reach 1,000 page views should i start blogging the YouTube 15 or stick with the vh1 top 20

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if I had a say I would probably do the YouTube15, because for 1 it's new music and it's interesting. And 2 if I did it I would act like Jenna Marbles and I think it would make it fun.... So it's your choice but that's what I would do. Oh, and THANKS FOR 10,000 PAGEVIEWS ON MY BLOG!!!!

      Delete
  5. Tiesto/Mathew Koma-Wasted did not even debut into the VH1 Top 20 video coundown! Jack

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adrian, when is your Hit 45 Chart for August 30th coming out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just started working on it. It may come out later today. If not today, tomorrow.

      Delete
    2. It's Tuesday, and it's not out.

      -Trance (who is a fan of the Hit 45 Chart)

      Delete
    3. It's out. Will Enrique Iglesias ft. Sean Paul – Bailando hold #1 for a third week in a row? You'll have to hang on and find out. http://hit45chart.blogspot.com/2014/09/maroon-5-1-week-of-august-30-2014.html?m=1

      Delete
    4. #33 :D (Nice chart, by the way.)

      Delete
  7. Hitbound Opinion
    Green : Rixton - Wait On Me, Mary Lambert - Secrets, Jake Miller - First Flight Home, G.R.L. - Ugly Heart, The 1975 - Girls, Jesse McCartney - Superbad
    Blue : MKTO - American Dream, Bebe Rexha - I Can't Stop Drinking About You, Brantley Gilbert - Bottoms Up, R5 - Heart Made Up On You, The Vamps/Demi Lovato - Somebody To You, Betty Who - Somebody Loves You, Ella Henderson - Ghost
    Purple : Nicki Minaj - Anaconda
    Orange : Kiesza - Hideaway
    Notes - Ella Henderson sounds like Pink right?
    Anaconda is the best song ever!!! It's bad me likey!
    GRL is like Little Mix I think maybe yeah they are
    Really Adrian why are you hatin on Girls it's better than chocolate to me
    I thought that secrets was gonna be same love so I put it in orange because I didn't even bother, but I've been hearing soo what sooooo what sooooo what on hits 1 and I listened to it today and I'm like What the sh*t that's so good.
    Love Jake Miller and Rixton right now!!
    Final Note - Hideaway is sooooooo annoying ooh aah aah ooh ooh aah aah ooh
    I mean seriously is that a monkey or a human
    -Cole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Green: Mary Lambert - Secrets, Kiesza - Hideaway, Nicki Minaj - Anaconda, G.R.L - Ugly Heart, Bebe Rexha - I Can't Stop Drinking About You, MKTO - American Dream, The Vamps/Demi Lovato - Somebody To You, Brantley Gilbert/T.I - Bottoms Up, Ella Henderson - Ghost
      Blue: Jake Miller - First Flight Home, Jesse McCartney - Superbad, R5 - Heart Made Up On You, Betty Who - Somebody Loves You
      Purple: You-know-what :]P
      Orange: The 1975 - Girls

      Delete
    2. Wait On Me :)
      -Remy/Tremy

      Delete
  8. I like MKTO-American Dream, Mary Lambert-Secrets and Rixton-Wait On Me. But I do not like a Bebe Rexha-Cant Stop Drinking About You. This is Jack Lambert signing off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adrian I would looooooove it if you posted a pic of yourself (just don't let yourself be too hot ;)
    -Remdrian

    ReplyDelete
  10. Remy's Countdown Review- Week of August 30, 2014

    Dropouts (we got a lot to cover)
    x27 CURSE YOU TRANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    x36 bye-bye! :)
    x38 congrats, your be-gone party is happening right now!
    x42 well I hope to never hear you again...
    x43 CURSE YOU MIKEY ROSSY
    x45 aw :( it got old anyway

    The Countdown:
    45. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D:<
    44. CURSE YOU ADRIAN
    43. JUNK
    42. D:
    41. :D
    40. make me and Trance happy by getting your younger brother onto the countdown by LEAVING!
    (top 39 coming soon)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (cont.)
      39. BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      38. (cough) I think this is pretty self-explanatory...
      37. Ladadee, ladada, ladada I'm sooooo glad this debuted!
      36. #betterleaveorelseyouhavenoideawhatimmagonnnado
      35. nice havin' ya around, bud...
      34. same as #36
      33. you're going in the wrong direction! UP with you!!
      32. and keep on rising...
      31. Is it weird that I heard trumpets when this debuted? ;)
      30. OLD
      29. still decent
      28. this is by far the best debut this week :)
      27. stick around for just a LITTLE more, okay?
      26. glad this got a huge drop
      25. wrong direction, kiddo!
      24. old-ish
      23. top ten material FO SHO!!!!!!!!!!!!
      22. "stay high" my friend!
      21. To Lance: MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!
      20. yay, at least this is rising
      19. hmmmmm... looks to be on its way out, huh?
      18. well hello, Mr. #18...
      17. nooooo! don't drop yet!
      16. meh
      15. I totes agree with you on this one Adrian
      14. I sense this one to be top ten material as well!
      13. thanks for jumping!
      12. WRONG DIRECTION, this needs to be in the top 5 fo sho!!!!!!!!!!
      11. thanks for another jump!
      (As we approach the top ten, I notice that it gets more and more interesting towards the top of the list.)
      10. is this gonna be a future #1? I hope so!
      9. now here's a sudden jump into the top ten! (a tiny one, but a good one)
      8. the next On Top of the World, if ya know what I mean ;)
      7. stay as long as you like buddy...
      6. wow... talk about a big jump to this spot... but it's well deserved!
      5. next week I predict it'll drop out of the top 5 (it's old)
      4. Welcome to the Top 5! Stay as long as you like.
      3. this needs to leave, cuz the sudden jump to THIS SPOT kinda, well, ticked me off a little...
      2. blah blah old song
      1. 3rd week in a row my friend! You're doing great! Keep up the streak to make me happy!

      Hope you guys enjoyed!

      Delete
  11. Debut Opinion
    1. Woo woo I luv u ari and JJ this song is AMAZING it's just like WOO HOO
    2. This song is soo fun and I love Rita Ora's voice it's so passionate
    3. Finally! This song got me singing in my shower it's really fun and upbeat SHOWER
    4. Don't like the message but whatevs and what does Tove Lo mean? I think she was high writing this song hehe
    5. Didn't have a clue what this song was until i loved it! I was singing it at the beach yesterday HEYYYYY LIFES A BEACH
    6. And finally Trumpets which is in blue, it used to be green but it just slipped a category so I'm fine with it here.

    -Cole

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jack Lambert wants to do the exits so here he goes
    27.Ugh this is a very good brother band just great we'll at leat its on the American top 40.
    36. We'll too bad this did not go number 1, but it spent 1 week at 2,3,4 and 5.
    38. Finally. I am not attending this party
    42. I am not attending this party either.
    43. Too bad
    45. Never spent a week at number 1 on anything. Didn't even reach top 10.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really? It was mostly in the teens.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Link to your Facebook Adrian?
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.facebook.com/adrian.carrazco.1238

      Delete
  15. I miss Hardwell/Matthew Koma - Dare You... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kinda do too. Every now and then.

      Delete
    2. I miss Find You by Zedd, Matthew Koma, and Miriam Bryant.
      And Can't Hold Us by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Ray Dalton.

      :(

      Delete
  16. Really? It was barely on the countdown. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  17. Zedd/Matthew Koma/Miriam Bryant-Find You and Hardwell/Mathew Koma-Dare You are very simile because song title is similar, the vocals are both by Matthew Koma and Hardwell and Zedd are booth DJs. Oh and the highest point for both of the songs are in the 20s. Zedd/Matthew Koma/Miriam Bryant-Find you is a little more popular than Hardwell/Matthew Koma-Dare You because it lasted 1 week on the American Top 40 and the VH1 top 20 video countdown. Hardwell/Matthew Koma-Dare you didn't debut on anything except for hits 1. I do miss Macklemore/Ryan Lewis-Can't Hold Us. It was in the top 10 of 2013! Did you see that! It was very popular. This is Jack Lambert signing off.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lorde - Team is currently on the Morning Mash Up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. No way. Don't reenter this weekend for 4x. This is Jack Lambert signing off.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is Jack the billboard hot 100 top 10 review
    10. I am very happy this reentered.
    9. Go up! You keep going back and forth to 8.
    8. It's life is coming to an end.
    7. Go up!
    6.I am okay with this song
    5. Same as 8
    4. This definetky deserved biggest jump of the week!!!!
    3. Keep going down!!!
    2. Same as 6
    1. Yay deserved 2nd week at number 1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE BANG BANG!
      -Remy (in case u don't know)

      Delete
  21. Curlin's Top 45 Week 10 is out! Who will leave? Who will debut? WHO IS THE NEW #1? Answers on a postcard. http://thetwincountdowns.blogspot.com/2014/09/ella-henderson-1-week-of-september-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Based on data from Dogstarraadio.com, it looks like the only debut this week will be Hideaway- Kiesza. I wish Anaconda, First Flight Home, Bottoms Up, Ghost, & Secrets would debut too. Chances are they will eventually. I wish Bo$$- Fifth Harmony was added to Hit-Bound too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. NO! Lightning In A Bottle left!!! :( (It was bound to happen...)

    ReplyDelete
  24. There is a new number one. I won't say what it is…but the artist deserves it after last week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spoiler alert: http://jailbreakvito.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/libya-and-rl-084.jpeg

      Delete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  26. G.R.L. member and The X Factor USA finalist Simone Battle was found dead today.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Seriously????????? Are u lying???????? Cause if you are dont do that

    ReplyDelete
  28. OMG HE'S NOT LYING SHE's DEAD IN HER APARTMENT!!!!!!!! What's gonna happen to G.R.L????? Will the four members break up or what???????

    ReplyDelete