Saturday, July 26, 2014

Sam Smith (1) – Week Of July 26, 2014


Apparently, Spyder Harrison had poked himself in the eye or something during his vacation or something while 5 Seconds Of Summer hosted the countdown last weekend and he ended up in the emergency room in the hospital. I was lost on everything else he said about it. Before we get to this week’s Fresh 45, here are the songs we’re saying goodbye to this week.


  • One Direction – You and I (#34)
  • Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight (#36) [DTHNOBx2]
  • Imagine Dragons – Demons (#41) [DTHNOBx2]
  • Jennifer Lopez – First Love (#42)

Last Week’s #1 Song: OneRepublic – Love Runs Out
The Countdown
45. Cher Lloyd – Sirens (RE-ENTRY)
44. Neon Trees – Sleeping With A Friend (#45)
43. Katy Perry – Birthday (#44)
42. Oh Honey – Be Okay (#43)
41. Sia – Chandelier (#37)
40. Fall Out Boy – Alone Together (#27)
39. Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass (DEBUT)
38. Jason Derulo – Talk Dirty (#35)
37. Madden Brothers – We Are Done (DEBUT)
36. John Legend/Tiësto – All Of Me (#33)
35. X Ambassadors/Jamie N Commons – Jungle (DEBUT)
34. Halsey – Ghost (#30)
33. AJR – I’m Ready (#40)
32. Capital Cities – One Minute More (#39)
31. Justin Timberlake – Not A Bad Thing (#38)
30. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (#23)
29. Tiësto/Matthew Koma – Wasted (#13)
28. Bastille – Pompeii (#11)
27. Chromeo – Jealous (I Ain’t With It) (#28)
26. Ingrid Michaelson – Girls Chase Boys (#29)
25. Pharrell/Miley Cyrus – Come Get It Bae (#26)
24. Rita Ora – I Will Never Let You Down (#31)
23. Kim Cesarion – Undressed (#24)
22. Coldplay – A Sky Full Of Stars (#32)
21. Disclosure/Sam Smith – Latch (#22)
20. The Summer Set – Lightning In A Bottle (#25)
19. Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne – Rather Be (#19)
18. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Amnesia (#20)
17. Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World (#8)
16. Ariana Grande – Problem (#9)
15. Rixton – Me and My Broken Heart (#10)
14. Demi Lovato/Cher Lloyd – Really Don’t Care (#11)
13. Charli XCX – Boom Clap (#17)
12. Maroon 5 – Maps (#18)
11. Calvin Harris – Summer (#15)
10. Bleachers – I Wanna Get Better (#21)
  9. Ed Sheeran – Sing (#2)
  8. Fall Out Boy – Young Volcanoes (#16)
  7. Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong (#7)
  6. 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect (#4)
  5. Magic! – Rude (#3)
  4. OneRepublic – Love Runs Out (#1)
  3. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy (#5)
  2. Kongos – Come With Me Now (#14)
  1. Sam Smith – Stay With Me (#6) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song One Year Ago This Week: Macklemore and Ryan Lewis/Ray Dalton – Can’t Hold Us

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Tie Between Tiesto/Matthew Koma – Wasted and Bastille – Pompeii (–16)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Kongos – Come With Me Now (+12)

New Entrants
~ An absolutely unwelcome song re-entered the countdown this weekend. So only three new entrants.

~ The Madden Brothers – We Are Done debuted this week. I didn't like this song at first. But after repeated listens to it, it's being thrown into the "okay" category. The chorus is pretty catchy.

~ X Ambassadors/Jamie N Commons – Jungle is a song I wouldn't have expected to debut a Top 45 countdown. But that's not a bad thing (get it? JT?). Jungle is a really good song that I hope has a nice and long tenure on this countdown. It's just really catchy.

~ Last and definitely least, we have Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass. I looked this song up to see how many negative reviews it got. Shockingly, it doesn't have a single negative review (besides the one I wrote). That just makes me really confused. This girl cannot sing! It's not catchy. It's not funny. It's not good! And the fact that people like this piece of crap is terrible. I'm starting to think music like this is hypnotizing people into liking it. Same with AJR – I'm Ready. However, I don't fall for this kinda stuff. I say a lot of songs are bad. But this isn't like any of them. This is already locked onto a spot for the Bottom 5 songs of 2014. This girl has no talent and I'm annoyed it's #5 on iTunes. And the video is #1 in iTunes music videos. We'll see how far this piece of crap gets.

All About Those Blurbs
~ You already know what I'm annoyed about. *cough* #33!

~ I just found out that Sam Smith is gay. Apparently his album, In The Lonely Hour, is about a guy who didn't love him back. It's interesting. And I like when singers are open about their sexuality like Adam Lambert and Tyler Glenn.

~ Bleachers – I Wanna Get Better randomly jumped into the Top 10. This is a good thing. I doubt it'll get much farther though.

~ Also very random, Kongos – Come With Me Now jumped to #2. But I'm not complaining.

~ Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong had a lot of airplay this week. So I'm surprised it didn't even move into the Top 5. It hit #1 on the American Top 40 this week which I'm very happy about.

~ The Summer Set – Lightning In A Bottle jumped from the "okay" category to the "good" category.

~ Hopefully, Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World and Rixton – Me and My Broken Heart jumped out of the Top 10 for good.

~ Talk about a quick drop for Tiesto/Matthew Koma – Wasted. Another short tenured song for Matthew Koma.

~ Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy needs to leave. How is it still one of the most downloaded songs this week?

~ Weird Al Yankovic – Word Crimes is on Hit-Bound. It's a great song that speaks the truth.

~ What a short tenure for one of One Direction's best songs.

~ I thought Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight would never leave.

~ I heard this really really catchy song on Hits and Misses with Pete Wentz called Lolo – Hit and Run. It's weird but it's catchy. But it's not on iTunes! Take a listen to it. Click here for the YouTube video. It's really good.

~ New record for most comments on one post: 85 comments.

~ Sorry guys. Really busy. But today or tomorrow, I promise you my favorite music videos post. Sorry it was so delayed.

My Top 5 Picks
1. X Ambassadors/Jamie N Commons – Jungle
2. Bleachers – I Wanna Get Better
3. Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong
4. Sam Smith – Stay With Me
5. Kongos – Come With Me Now  

Top 5 Hits 1 Recommendations
1. Enrique Iglesias/Sean Paul – Bailando
2. Lolo – Hit and Run
3. Shawn Mendes – Life Of The Party
4. Troye Sivan – Happy Little Pill
5. Iggy Azalea/Rita Ora – Black Widow

54 comments:

  1. Remy's Countdown Review (this is something I will do often, instead of just random blurbs and thoughts)
    Inspired by what some people do on Youtube (in other words, they review the Billboard charts, I've seen them do that)

    45. NOOOOOO!
    44. sigh...
    43. Can you just leave? Please?
    42. This is getting old quick
    41. Don't go down!!!!!!
    40. For crying out loud!
    39. Best debut this week :)
    38. Keep going down, please!
    37. 2nd best debut :)
    36. sigh...
    35. okay/good/noisy/idk
    34. O-L-D
    33. starting to like it again sadly :(
    32. decent
    31. like #34 :/
    30. LEAVE YOU!!!!!
    29. didn't deserve biggest drop :(
    28. the other Counting Stars
    27. I'm too cool to admit I love this song ;)
    26. losing airplay :(
    25. BAM!
    24. rise my friend
    23. OMG I forgot this song was even on here! LOL
    22. keep on rising
    21. LOVE
    20. decent
    19. I see a potential #1 here
    18. people have already forgotten about this song :(
    17. starting to get very old very quick (a few months ago it was best song on the countdown)
    16. starting to get a little bit old
    15. yeah this needs to leave now
    14. it's growing on me bit by bit
    13. decent(ish)
    12. RISE!!!!!
    11. old
    10. did this really go up to #10? Really? (called a random jump)
    9. get outta the top 10 or ELSE!
    8. I see some potential in this song as well, like it'll reach the prime its brothers had (Too Long Of A Title and Alone Together)
    7. don't just stay there! Move up!
    6. *yawn*
    5. so it's not gonna reach #1, huh?
    4. should've stayed at #1
    3. well well well... it's you again
    2. Well deserved biggest jump!
    1. YES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You forgot #23 was there because it's soooooooooooooooooooo BAD!!!!

      Delete
    2. No not because of that! Because it hasn't been getting a lot of airplay this past week
      Oh yeah and Fresh 10 is coming soon guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      -Remy

      Delete
    3. I'm soooooooo happy it hasn't got a lot of airplay!!! Oh and my top 45 chart is out (spoiler: Shower is #1) :)

      Delete
    4. hey my hits of the week is out! (SPOILER: Undressed is #1. Sorry Lance!)

      Delete
  2. I just heard Kim Cesarion-Undressed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes when goes go to 23 they don't get a. lot of airplay . Like OneRepublic-Counting Stars didn't get that much airplay this week. It is at number 30 this week. Last week Kim Ceasrion-Undressed was at number 30.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was 23 actually
      -Remy

      Delete
    2. Oh wait it was 24 Adrian you are wrong
      -Remy (oh yeah and for your 5000 pageviw special you should tell us a little about yourself)

      Delete
    3. I've actually got another idea but I'll do that two

      Delete
  4. Hey everyone I am going to post the Fresh 10 tomorrow due to being so busy today and not having enough time to post it today.
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fresh 10:
    Break Free by Ariana Grande
    Come Get It Bae by Pharrell and Miley Cyrus
    Dirt by Florida Georgia Line
    Rather Be by Clean Bandit
    Come With Me Now by Kongos
    All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor
    Black Widow by Iggy Azalea and Rita Ora
    Everything I Didn't Say by 5SOS
    Bo$$ by Fifth Harmony
    Scarecrow by Alex and Sierra
    BONUS: Bailando by Enrique Inglesias
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey everyone Mikey Rossynhas a blog now if you could check his out: http://www.siriusxmhits1weekendcountdownrearrangement.blogspot.com
      The polls for my blogs weekend countdown and hitbound are out!!! Vote pleaee

      Delete
    2. It says blog cannot be found??????
      -Remy

      Delete
    3. It says the sme thing for me

      Delete
    4. Wrong link. It's really hits1weekendcountdownrearrangement.blogspot.com.

      Delete
  6. Why don't you guys vote for blog boys countdown anymore???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here are my thoughts of the fresh 10.
    10. Good
    9. Same as 10
    8. Never heard
    7.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Same as 9 and 10.
    6. Why it got the biggest jump on the weekend countdown.
    5. Hate
    4. I do not like Iggy Azaleas part but Rita Ora does a great job in the chorus.
    3.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sesame as 8.
    2. Song is ok
    1. Same as 3 and 8

    ReplyDelete
  10. I MADE MY FIRST WEEKEND COUNTDOWN!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool!
      You seem cool Mikey Rossy. Just saying.
      -Remy

      Delete
  11. The weekend. Countdown is the best countdown! My favorite song on the weekend countdown is Coldplay-A Sky Full Of Stars. This is Jack Lambert signing off.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks my favorite song on the countdown is capital cities-one minute more

    ReplyDelete
  13. Listen to the introduction. I saw Katy Perry in concert Friday Night. Spyder Harrison said there touring with Katy Perry I heard 1 minute more and Safe and Sound at the concert. Up 8 spots to number 32 here's Capital Cities-1 minute more. This is Jack Lambert signing off

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wrong!
      It's supposed to say, I saw Capital Cities in concert Friday night.
      This is Remy signing off

      Delete
  14. Really? Did you see Katy Perry too? We're you at the Barclays Center? I saw them Friday Night too along with Katy Perry.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ummm capital cities is up 7 not 8 and u guys saw capital cities!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everyone who is reading this please go to my blog and vote for the poll,Adrian can u put my blog on ur other countdown blogs,the link is on Lance's blog,the poll is kind of like a tournament only 40 songs will move on!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Me and Remy did not see it together. But maybe he was at the Barclays Center. And I was there and we sat in different spots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I WAS NOT AT THE CONCERT!
      I THOUGHT U MEANT TO SAY U SAW CAPITAL CITIES IN CONCERT ALONG WITH KATY PERRY!!!!!!!
      -Remy

      Delete
  18. Ok Remy calm down. I just thought you saw Capital Cities in concert. I see you are taking Jason Rearicks place Mikey Rossey (Mikey Piff) I do like your blog. This is Jack Lambert signing off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I kinda took Jason's place to???

      Delete
    2. I still miss Jason Rearick (and his blog) dearly
      And can someone tell me how the heck Sirens got back on the countdown???
      -Remy

      Delete
  19. Lance Warren, you started before Jason Rearicks stopped blogging. I think you are in the place for Ookarus X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ookarus told me he was just stopping for the Summer and will be back when his school starts! He said that on his latest post!!!

      Delete
  20. Hey. sorry i havent commented for a while. Remy, I'm still here. I know you have been worried about me and you have done so much for me that I still forgive you about mentioning your crazy dream. Also, why the heck did they replace the awesome 20's on 20 with that crappy Venus channel? My dad will be mad that Stay with me is #1. (Really, its awesome)

    -Jason

    ReplyDelete
  21. Why? Does your Dad not like Sam Smith-Stay With Me? Venus is actually good it plays less alternative music and even Pop music forum the 2000s.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't know. i just listened to venus and all the songs were good. So i listened at the wrong time. I have a top 15 monthly poll. They will be monthly for now. It is at

    Vote.pollcode.com/11851847

    ReplyDelete
  23. That wasn't Jack Lambert. This is Jack Lambert. Who is that? Venus is a good station

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was me,Jason Rearick. Sorry Jack.

      Delete
  24. Hi Jason,
    I still miss your blog cause on your blog we could chat all the time
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
  25. REMY, I have a question, what city do you live in? I am not going to tell anyone else so don't worry. Plus, I wont force you to answer this either.

    -Jason
    Voted By U Top 2 so far:
    #2 Bailando
    #1 Am I Wrong

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Berlin, Maryland
      What city do you live in Jason?
      -Remy

      Delete
    2. Columbus Ohio.
      -Jason

      Delete
  26. Yay voted by U is coming back! I will have a poll, it has 2 song. You can vote on which everyone you like. It will contain on 2 songs. The 2 songs are Enrique Igleasias/Sean Paul- Bailando and Nico/Vinz-Am I Wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Why did Pharell destroy a good song (Come Get It Bae) by adding Miley Cyrus?

    ReplyDelete
  28. I can't tell you much, but I can tell you one thing: All of the songs in the top 5 are the same except one. I won't spoil the #1...but when Spyder dropped it, I was up in my living room feeling trashed. (My satellite TV provider has Sirius XM.) How do you love those clues? ಠ~ಠ

    ReplyDelete