Saturday, July 12, 2014

5 Seconds Of Summer (4) – Week Of July 12, 2014


Thank you guys for setting the record for most amount of comments on one post with 80 comments on my last post. Before we get to this week’s Fresh 45, here are the songs we’re saying goodbye to this week.


  • Jason Derulo/Snoop Dogg – Wiggle (#41)
  • Glenn Morrison/Islove – Goodbye (#43)

Last Week’s #1 Song: 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect
The Countdown
45. Neon Trees — Sleeping With A Friend (#45)
44. Katy Perry – Birthday (#28)
43. Imagine Dragons – Radioactive (#33)
42. Justin Timberlake – Not A Bad Thing (#40)
41. Jason Derulo – Talk Dirty (#29)
40. Ingrid Michaelson – Girls Chase Boys (DEBUT)
39. AJR – I’m Ready (#38)
38. Sia – Chandelier (#23)
37. The Summer Set – Lightning In A Bottle (DEBUT)
36. Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight (#35)
35. Jennifer Lopez – First Love (#32)
34. One Direction – You and I (#44)
33. Disclosure/Sam Smith – Latch (#34)
32. Oh Honey – Be Okay (#24)
31. Chromeo – Jealous (I Ain’t With It) (#39)
30. Fall Out Boy – Alone Together (#42)
29. Halsey – Ghost (#25)
28. MKTO – Classic (#26)
27. Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne – Rather Be (#36)
26. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (#37)
25. Pharrell/Miley Cyrus – Come Get It Bae (#27)
24. Bleachers – I Wanna Get Better (#22)
23. Charli XCX – Boom Clap (#21)
22. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Amnesia (#20)
21. Coldplay/Avicii – A Sky Full Of Stars (#18)
20. Rita Ora – I Will Never Let You Down (#30)
19. Kim Cesarion – Undressed (#19)
18. Maroon 5 – Maps (#14)
17. Calvin Harris – Summer (#13)
16. Kongos – Come With Me Now (#16)
15. Demi Lovato/Cher Lloyd – Really Don’t Care (#17)
14. Rixton – Me and My Broken Heart (#9)
13. John Legend/Tiësto – All Of Me (#6)
12. Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World (#5)
11. Tiësto/Matthew Koma – Wasted (#15)
10. Sam Smith – Stay With Me (#12)
  9. Fall Out Boy – Young Volcanoes (#11)
  8. Ariana Grande – Problem (#10)
  7. Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong (#8)
  6. Ed Sheeran – Sing (#7)
  5. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy (#2)
  4. Bastille – Pompeii (#31)
  3. Magic! – Rude (#4)
  2. OneRepublic – Love Runs Out (#3)
  1. 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect (#1) [4th Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Katy Perry – Birthday (–16)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Bastille – Pompeii (+27) [   .....]

New Entrants
~ It’s about time Ingrid Michaelson – Girls Chase Boys debuted. It’s a really good song. That’s all I can really say about it.

~ Around a year ago at this time, we had The Summer Set – Boomerang on the countdown. It was a fantastic song that should’ve had a longer tenure. Their debut this week, Lightning In A Bottle is decent. It definitely doesn’t hit the height of Boomerang. It’s nothing to get excited about. Just another song.

Ranking Of Entrants
1. Ingrid Michaelson – Girls Chase Boys
2. The Summer Set – Lightning In A Bottle

Girls Chase Blurbs Chase Girls
~ Hits 1 needs to understand that no one wants to hear OneRepublic – Counting Stars anymore. And if you're as sick of it as I am, you'll know that I'm not happy about it being at #26.

~ Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy did not hit #1 as I predicted.

~ 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect seems to have left the American Top 40. It doesn't seem like it'll be leaving this countdown anytime soon.

~ Some of you already noticed this. Pharrell/Miley Cyrus – Come Get It Bae grew on me after repeated listens to it. That's not the case for Chromeo – Jealous however.

~ Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World, John Legend – All Of Me, and Rixton – Me and My Broken Heart finally left the Top 10.

~ Sam Smith – Stay With Me is already in the Top 10.

~ Jennifer Lopez – First Love and Sia – Chandelier seem like they're coming to far too early exits.

~ Fall Out Boy – Alone Together made a decent jump to #30 for no particular reason.

~ Thank you Hits 1. Thank you for making me hate Bastille – Pompeii by launching it up 27 spots to #4. Let's hope this error can be fixed next week.

~ I've been looking more closely at the members of One Direction. And I have one question for all the girl directioners. What do you like so much about Harry Styles??? He is most definitely not the cutest member of the band. Here is how I rank these members.

5. Harry Styles
4. Zayn Malik
3. Liam Payne
2. Niall Horan
1. Louis Tomlinson

Here's a pic of Louis if you forgot what he looks like.

Personally, I think he is the cutest member of the band. Also, sometimes when I'm listening to You and I, I find myself only singing to Louis' solo (second half of second verse). Also, we have one thing in common. We both have a foot fetish. If you don't know what that is, look it up because I think the internet explains things better than I do. So yeah. That's one thing we have in common. Who's your favorite member of One Direction? Comment if you have one.

~ Ed Sheeran – Sing needs to go.

~ Imagine Dragons – Radioactive is about a month away from breaking Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark's record.

~ In other long tenure news, MKTO – Classic is a week away from lasting a year on the countdown.

~ Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass is on Hit-Bound and if that songs debuts, it will be a definite contender for the Bottom 5 songs of 2014. It is absolutely horrible.

~ Mayra Veronica – Mama Mia left Hit-Bound after only one week. It's a good song. I hope it comes back to Hits 1.

~ Here's the entire Hit-Bound list. (Thanks To Reader Dylan George For Getting It.)
  • The 1975 – Girls
  • Jason Derulo – Trumpets
  • X Ambassadors/Jamie N Commons – Jungle
  • Ed Sheeran – Don't
  • Jesse McCartney – Superbad
  • Echosmith – Cool Kids
  • Kalin and Myles – Love Robbery
  • Cris Cab/Pharrell Williams – Liar Liar
  • Tove Lo – Habits (Stay High)
  • Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass
  • Pretty Reckless – Heaven Knows
  • Madden Brothers – We Are Done
  • Ariana Grande/Zedd – Break Free
  • Nicki Minaj – Pills N Potions

~ This week, Jenna Marbles hosted the #YouTube15, where they give 15 tending YouTube song videos. Thanks to her, I learned a song that should definitely debut soon. Shawn Mendes – Life Of The Party is my new favorite song now. If it debuts, it will already be locked on to a special spot on my Top 45 Of 2014. Debut soon! (Also, Jenna Marbles is now hosting the #YouTube15 every Friday night! You guys should check it out!)

~ AJR – I'm Ready NEEDS TO GO!!!! GET OUT OF THE COUNTDOWN ALREADY YOU TERRIBLE SONG!!!!!!!!!!

~ Sadly, we're saying goodbye to a special song that had an extended stay in the #10 to #20 range and it should've been all over the radio. I hope you know which exit I'm talking about.

~ Now for the Wutchuwant Countdown. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.

  • Bastille – Pompeii (#17)
  • Haim – The Wire (#34)
  • Jennifer Lopez – First Love (#36)
  • Bastille – Bad Blood (#39)*
  • Katy Tiz – The Big Bang (#43)* 
*1 Week On The Countdown

Last Week's #1 Song: Coldplay/Avicii – A Sky Full Of Stars. Will it hold #1 for a second week in a row? You're gonna have to hang on and find out.
The Countdown

45. Rixton – Me and My Broken Heart (#23)
44. Rita Ora – I Will Never Let You Down (#28)
43. Pretty Reckless – Heaven Knows (#45)
42. Tove Lo – Habits (Stay High) (DEBUT)
41. Lorde – Tennis Court (#25)
40. Katy Perry – Dark Horse (#41)
39. Halsey – Ghost (#35)
38. Jason Derulo – Trumpets (DEBUT)
37. Ariana Grande/Zedd – Break Free (DEBUT)
36. Ellie Goulding – Beating Heart (#33)
35. Bleachers – I Wanna Get Better (#32)
34. Pharrell/Miley Cyrus – Come Get It Bae (DEBUT)
33. Afrojack/Wrabel – Ten Feet Tall (#38)
32. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Amnesia (DEBUT)
31. Paramore – Ain't It Fun (#30)
30. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (#44)
29. Kongos – Come With Me Now (#15)
28. Kim Cesarion – Undressed (#42)
27. Katy Perry – Birthday (#40)
26. John Legend/Tiesto – All Of Me (#37)
25. Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World (#13)
24. Echosmith – Cool Kids (#20)
23. Calvin Harris – Summer (#7)
22. Glenn Morrison/Islove – Goodbye (#22)
21. Ed Sheeran – Sing (#8)
20. 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect (#11)
19. Sam Smith – Stay With Me (#27)
18. OneRepublic – Love Runs Out (#5)
17. Magic! – Rude (#3)
16. Jason Derulo/Snoop Dogg – Wiggle (#14)
15. Fall Out Boy – Young Volcanoes (#21)
14. Disclosure/Sam Smith – Latch (#24)
13. Tiesto/Matthew Koma – Wasted (#16)
12. One Direction – You and I (#26)
11. Neon Trees – Sleeping With A Friend (#29)
10. Demi Lovato/Cher Lloyd – Really Don't Care (#18)
  9. Coldplay/Avicii – A Sky Full Of Stars (#1) [1 Week At #1]
  8. Charli XCX – Boom Clap (#19)
  7. DJ Snake/Lil Jon – Turn Down For What (#12)
  6. Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne – Rather Be (#31)
  5. Ariana Grande – Problem (#6)
  4. Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong (#9)
  3. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy (#2)
  2. Sia – Chandelier (#10) [1 Week At #1]
  1. Maroon 5 – Maps (#4) [1st Week At #1]

Maroon 5 – Maps. This week's new #1 song on your Wutchuwant Countdown. Here are the polls for next week.

Wutchuwant Countdown – Voting (Part 1)
  
pollcode.com free polls 
Wutchuwant Countdown – Voting (Part 2)
  
pollcode.com free polls 
Wutchuwant Future Hits
  
pollcode.com free polls 

~ Thank god Jason Derulo/Snoop Dogg – Wiggle left.

~ You guys got one more week to vote for your favorite song of 2014. The poll is in the last post.

My Top 5 Picks
1. Charli XCX – Boom Clap
2. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Amnesia
3. OneRepublic – Love Runs Out
4. Coldplay – A Sky Full Of Stars
5. Pharrell/Miley Cyrus – Come Get It Bae

38 comments:

  1. This week's hits of the week list is up! come vote for what songs you like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magic-Rude is ok. I like all 5 debuts beside a Rixton-Me and My Broken Heart and Bastille-Pompeii which was backup 31 spots to 4. The biggest jump of the week

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts on the Weekend Countdown
    1. Spyder Harrison said Pompeii jumped back up 31 spots to #4. Clearly, he was wrong.
    2. I thought Trumpets and Superbad would debut since they got alot of airplay this week. But I like our two debuts this week.
    3. Bye bye Wiggle :)
    4. (not concerning the countdown) Hey, let's see if we can break the record for most comments on a post. We need everyone to pitch in to break 80 comments!
    5. When R blurbs coming exactly?
    6. Oh yeah, and it is likely Break Free will debut next week :)
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm surprised that Come Get It Bae is in your editors picks! Glad it finally grew on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely LOVE Come Get It Bae!
      Although Jealous didn't seem to grow on Adrian that much :(
      -Remy (I like your blog btw Dylan)

      Delete
  5. I know Adrian you still probably not like Chromeo-Jealous. I saw you grew into Pharrell Williams-Come Get It Bae. I know you like Rita Ora-I Will Never Let u Down and 5 Seconds Of Summer-Amnesia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want Becky G - Shower on the countdown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a good song. It is on the American Top 40.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And Billboard hot 100 sorry it came into 2 pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Jason. Does on his blog!!!

      Delete
    2. Girls- The 1975
      Trumpets- Jason Derulo
      Jungle- X Ambassadors/Jamie N Commons
      Don't- Ed Sheeran
      Superbad- Jesse McCartney
      Cool Kids- Echosmith
      Love Robbery- Kalin & Myles
      Liar, Liar- Cris Cab/Pharrell Williams
      Habits (Stay High)- Tove Lo
      All About That Bass- Meghan Trainor
      Heaven Knows- The Pretty Reckless
      We Are Done- The Madden Brothers
      Break Free- Ariana Grande/Zedd
      Pills N Potions- Nicki Minaj

      Delete
    3. I think that's what I had, but THANKS!

      Delete
  10. Adrian,
    When r blurbs coming? Please please reply, cause I need to know...
    (Get it? It's to the tune of Rude, sorta)
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm planning on tomorrow morning. Sorry to keep you waiting. I'll also have the Wutchuwant Countdown.

      Delete
  11. My WhatUWant coutdown is coming tommorow as well !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Remy you are just so funny! Blurbs should be soon. You like the song Rude. Oh why are u being so Rude. Can't have your daughter for the rest of your life saying yes say yes cause I need to know. This is Jack Lambert signing off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jack,
      I'm glad you admire me and the way I put a little twist into my comments. I try to make them humorous so other commenters can get a kick out of it. Again, glad you enjoy my comments!
      -Remy

      Delete
  13. i don't know why but Don't - Ed Sheeran is becoming one of my favourite songs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey everyone head over to my blog. I have a new chart that counts down all the current popular songs. I use data from my top 40, Hits 1, Billboard, AT40, and next week I will incorporate iTunes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everyone GO view this website right now!!! It shows you every song that airs on hits 1 or any other xm channel and how much those songs plays!!! Link will be in next comment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Link: http://www.dogstarradio.com/search_xm_playlist.php?artist=&title=&channel=2&month=&date=&shour=&sampm=&stz=&ehour=&eampm=&resultcount=323&page=1
    You can also just search xm playlist!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats the site I used to make my predictions that I based 100% on airplay. I get on it all the time!

      Delete
  17. I hated All About That Bass- Meghan Trainor the 1st time I heard it, but I honestly kinda like it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard All about that bass, but I hear it's a terrible song.
      -Remy

      Delete
  18. I like you Remy. I know you and Dylan George did not hear Megan Trainer-All About a That Bass. I did not hear that song too. It doesn't sound good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dylan George did hear it, actually. He said the first time he heard it he hated it, but now he likes it
      But I probably won't like it
      I like you 2 Jack Lambert
      -Remy

      Delete
  19. We are all good people. I guess Dylan George just heard it. this is Jack Lmabert signing off.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like Harry Styles the best!!!!!! Yes, I'm a girl directioner!
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
  21. All the 1d members are boys. Harry Styles is the lead singer.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I predict that Superbad- Jesse McCartney and One Minute More- Capital Cities debut on the countdown this weekend.

    ReplyDelete