Monday, June 16, 2014

Imagine Dragons (2) – Week Of June 14, 2014

I hope everyone had a great Father's Day. I did hear rumors that Jennifer Lopez was going to host the weekend countdown. Those were obviously fake as Spyder Harrison hosted the countdown. But the rumors about Sam Smith hosting Hit-Bound were true. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.


  • Hot Chelle Rae – Don't Say Goodnight (#35)
  • Pharrell Williams – Happy (#40)
  • Demi Lovato – Neon Lights (#44)
  • Travie McCoy/Brendon Urie – Keep On Keeping On (#45)

Last Week's #1 Song: Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World
The Countdown
45. Tiesto – Red Lights (#43)
44. Fall Out Boy – Alone Together (#42)
43. Jason Derulo – Talk Dirty (#13)
42. Haim – The Wire (#38)
41. DJ Cassidy/Robin Thicke/Jessie J – Calling All Hearts (#29)
40. Lorde – Team (RE-ENTRY)
39. Timeflies – All The Way (DEBUT)
38. MKTO – Classic (#37)
37. Jennifer Lopez – First Love (DEBUT)
36. Imagine Dragons – Radioactive (#34)
35. DJ Snake/Lil Jon – Turn Down For What (DEBUT)
34. AJR – I'm Ready (#39)
33. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (#36)
32. Sia – Chandelier (#41)
31. Disclosure/Sam Smith – Latch (#32)
30. Fall Out Boy – Young Volcanoes (#31)
29. Cher Lloyd – Sirens (#25)
28. Kongos – Come With Me Now (#28)
27. One Direction – You and I (#30)
26. Pitbull/G.R.L. – Wild Wild Love (#26)
25. Imagine Dragons – Demons (#23)
24. Katy Perry – Dark Horse (#9)
23. Halsey – Ghost (#27)
22. Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight (#17)
21. Jason Derulo/Snoop Dogg – Wiggle (#24)
20. Ariana Grande – Problem (#33)
19. Nico & Vinz – Am I Wrong (#18)
18. Bleachers – I Wanna Get Better (#21)
17. Magic! – Rude (#22)
16. Paramore – Ain't It Fun (#16)
15. Calvin Harris – Summer (#15)
14. Oh Honey – Be Okay (#12)
13. Katy Perry – Birthday (#19)
12. Neon Trees – Sleeping With A Friend (#4)
11. Glenn Morrison/Islove – Goodbye (#11)
10. Bastille – Pompeii (#8)
  9. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy (#20)
  8. American Authors – Best Day Of My Life (#14)
  7. Justin Timberlake – Not A Bad Thing (#3)
  6. Rixton – Me and My Broken Heart (#10)
  5. John Legend/Tiesto – All Of Me (#2)
  4. Ed Sheeran – Sing (#7)
  3. OneRepublic – Love Runs Out (#6)
  2. 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect (#5)
  1. Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World (#1) [2nd Week At #1] 

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Jason Derulo – Talk Dirty (–30)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Ariana Grande – Problem (+13)

New Entrants
~ I can't be the only one sick of Lorde – Team. What the hell gave Hits 1 that stupid idea of bringing that song back?

~ I was afraid Timeflies – All The Way wouldn't make it to the countdown since it left Hit-Bound last week. But it did! And I'm happy about that.

~ JLo is back. Her song First Love is probably almost as good as her best song, On The Floor. I didn't think that was possible...

~ DJ Snake/Lil Jon – Turn Down For What finally debuted on the Weekend Countdown. That song is already #4 on my countdown, #11 on Dylan George's countdown, and #5 on the American Top 40. Hits 1 needs to seriously catch up on their hits.

I Blurb On Top Of The World
~ Tiesto – Red Lights is at #45 on it's third week. I feel like this song won't be staying with us that much longer.

~ 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect hit #2 this week. I feel like we'll be seeing this as a #1 song in the near future.

~ American Authors – Best Day Of My Life needs to go. It is constantly jumping in and out of the Top 10. It's starting to get annoying.

~ Hits 1 does a pretty good job at throwing away music once it gets old (some of the time anyway). They threw Jason Derulo – Talk Dirty to the Bottom 5 this week. It was #1 three weeks ago! I feel like we'll see it make a huge jump next week.

~ Neon Trees – Sleeping With A Friend exited the Top 10! I think we all know what to do about that! Go to the Hits 1 voting poll and vote for Sleeping With A Friend as many times as you can every day. Our goal is to get that song to #1. Let's begin the voting today.

~ You know what song Jason Derulo/Snoop Dogg – Wiggle reminds me of? Flo Rida/Pitbull – Can't Believe It. For those of you who don't know this song, you don't wanna know it. It is an absolutely horrible song. The music video is highly inappropriate and just plain out disgusting. And don't even get me started on the lyrics. Luckily, it never debuted the Weekend Countdown because it got stranded on Hit-Bound. Whenever you hear Wiggle, think about Can't Believe It.

~ Nico & Vinz – Am I Wrong needs to start catching up and make that jump into the Top 10. But for now, we are only focusing on voting for Sleeping With A Friend.

~ I've decided to give Fall Out Boy – Young Volcanoes a chance.

~ DJ Cassidy – Calling All Hearts lasted longer than I thought it would.

~ My countdown blog moved to another site. This time I swear I won't change it for a while. My new site is at hit45chart.over-blog.com. Visit, comment, and vote on the voting poll!

~ I'm well over 93,000 pageviews! Thanks guys! I may have a special post when I reach 100,000 pageviews!

~ I almost didn't make this post because I accidentally deleted it. I had already typed the countdown and the entrant reviews. And that was all deleted. But I also wanted to have a post for you guys. So I typed the whole thing over again for you guys.

~ OneRepublic – Love Runs Out is in the Top 5. Things just got a lot more interesting.

~ Starting this week, every week I'm gonna have voting polls for different types of hit music. This week, it's dance and alternative music. The voting polls are down below.

My Top 5 Picks
1. Neon Trees – Sleeping With A Friend
2. Nico & Vinz – Am I Wrong
3. Jennifer Lopez – First Love
4. Glenn Morrison/Islove – Goodbye
5. One Direction – You and I

Top 5 Hit-Bound
1. Demi Lovato/Cher Lloyd – Really Don't Care
2. Tiesto/Matthew Koma – Wasted
3. Sam Smith – Stay With Me
4. Rita Ora – I Will Never Let You Down
5. Ingrid Michaelson – Girls Chase Boys 


Favorite Alternative Song
  
pollcode.com free polls 

Favorite Dance Song
  
pollcode.com free polls 

23 comments:

  1. Hi Adrian,
    I have absolutely NO IDEA how Team re-entered the countdown. It is freakin' annoying!
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Lorde, but I was not happy Team re-entered! Tennis Court should debut! Also it really sucks that Red Lights by Tiesto might leave soon! Its such a good song! I hope that Fancy- Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX and Problem- Ariana Grande get #1 at some point! I bet Rude- Magic!, She Looks So Perfect- 5 Seconds of Summer, and Love Runs Out- One Republic will get #1 at some point. There are some really good songs on Hit-Bound right now too! Girls Chase Boys- Ingrid Michaelson, Boom Clap- Charli XCX, Really Don't Care- Demi Lovato/Cher Lloyd, Stay With Me- Sam Smith, Wasted- Tiesto/Matthew Koma, I Will Never Let You Down- Rita Ora/Calvin Harris, Come Get It Bae- Pharrell Williams/Miley Cyrus, A Sky Full of Stars- Coldplay/Avicii, Undressed- Kim Cesarion, & Rather Be- Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne. So in other words a lot of good songs should debut soon! I did a pretty good job with my prediction last week as well. I'll probably be doing that every week from now on, so I'll put that in the comments every Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get the idea to do the voting polls thing
    I like that idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since Blogger’s polls aren't working (I don't know if they're doing anything about it), I decided to make polls using this cool website where you can make the poll and edit stuff like the width, the font, the color of the progress bar, and how often you can vote. The cool thing about it is that it gives you the HTML code. You can copy it, go to your post editing page, switch to HTML editor, and paste the code at the very bottom.

      Delete
  4. I do not like Jason Derulo/Snoop Dogg-Wiggle. It needs to leave the countdown NOW!!! Please stop voting for any song by Jason Derulo whether is Talk Dirty or Wiggle with Snoop Dogg

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to mention, for the voting polls, you can come back and vote tomorrow. I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you can vote multiple times.
      That site is cool, I did a poll on there once, but it got deleted :(
      -Remy the Poller

      Delete
  6. I'm actually starting to like Wiggle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No more Wiggle!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please. just let nobody vote for Jason Derulo/Snoop Dogg-Wiggle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Guys, just stop arguing about Wiggle. Can't we all get along and be mutual with our choices?
    -Remy the peacemaker

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah. Seriously. I don't want any friendships lost because of a stupid Jason Derulo song. Let's just all get along.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Does anyone in here like Talk Dirty?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah but Jason Derulo-Talk Dirties popularity is coming to an end. There is a new song and I would not listen to it. The song is called Wiggle which features vocals from Snoop Dogg. I would not listen to it because it is highly inaporiate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That song just so happens to be #21 on this countdown.

      Delete
  13. This song is number 5 on the Billboard hot 100. I hope this does not get to number 1.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dylan George. Can you please do an estimation countdown please?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I meant a predicting countdown even though Jenifer Lopez will host the countdown?

    ReplyDelete