Saturday, May 24, 2014

Jason Derulo (2) – Week Of May 24, 2014


It would have been an absolute shock if Jason Derulo – Talk Dirty lasted only one week at #1. So I guess no surprise there. Before we get to this week’s Fresh 45, here are the songs we’re saying goodbye to this week.


  • Passenger – Let Her Go (#35)

Last Week’s #1 Song: Jason Derulo – Talk Dirty
The Countdown
45. Demi Lovato – Neon Lights (#42)
44. Pharrell Williams – Happy (#34)
43. Fall Out Boy – Alone Together (#44)
42. Lady Gaga – G.U.Y. (#36)
41. MKTO – Classic (#38)
40. Travie McCoy/Brendon Urie – Keep On Keeping On (#45)
39. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (#31)
38. Ellie Goulding – Burn (#14)
37. Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight (#40)
36. Zedd/Hayley Williams – Stay The Night (#43)
35. Imagine Dragons – Radioactive (#25)
34. Jason Derulo/Snoop Dogg – Wiggle (DEBUT)
33. KONGOS – Come With Me Now (#29)
32. Disclosure/Sam Smith – Latch (#32)
31. Paramore – Ain’t It Fun (#16)
30. Magic! – Rude (#19)
29. AJR – I’m Ready (#33)
28. Haim – The Wire (#37)
27. DJ Cassidy/Robin Thicke/Jessie J – Calling All Hearts (#24)
26. Halsey – Ghost (#27)
25. Imagine Dragons – Demons (#39)
24. Calvin Harris – Summer (#22)
23. Bleachers – I Wanna Get Better (#41)
22. Naughty Boy/Sam Smith – La La La (#30)
21. OneRepublic – Love Runs Out (#20)
20. Katy Perry – Dark Horse (#4)
19. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy (#28)
18. Cher Lloyd – Sirens (#17)
17. Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong (#26)
16. One Direction – You and I (#13)
15. Oh Honey – Be Okay (#23)
14. Hot Chelle Rae – Don’t Say Goodnight (#21)
13. American Authors – Best Day Of My Life (#13)
12. Justin Timberlake – Not A Bad Thing (#11)
11. Rixton – Me and My Broken Heart (#18)
10. Glenn Morrison/Islove – Goodbye (#10)
  9. Katy Perry – Birthday (#15)
  8. Neon Trees – Sleeping With A Friend (#8)
  7. 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect (#9)
  6. Pitbull/Ke$ha – Timber (#6)
  5. Ed Sheeran – Sing (#7)
  4. John Legend/Tiësto – All Of Me (#3)
  3. Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World (#5)
  2. Bastille – Pompeii (#2)
  1. Jason Derulo – Talk Dirty (#1) [2nd Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Ellie Goulding – Burn (–24)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Bleachers – I Wanna Get Better (+18)

New Entrants
~ Our lone new entrant this week comes from Mr. Jason Derulo. This song has absolutely NO good quality at all. I used to think the saxophone in the chorus of Talk Dirty was annoying. But that's nothing compared to the even weirder instrument in the chorus of Wiggle. This song is absolutely horrible and as of right now, it is a contender for the Bottom 5 Songs Of 2014. (BTW, Snoop Dogg barely contributes anything to the song!).

Blurble, Blurble, Blurble
~ Katy Perry – Birthday is in the Top 10. :D

~ Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong made a nice jump into the teens while Magic! – Rude made a nice drop out of the teens.

~ Hits 1 must've found their mistake last week with Sam Smith's two songs close to each other. So they tried to fix it by not moving Latch at all, but instead moving La La La to #22. It would've made more sense to boost Latch. La La La has been here for a while now. And this is the highest it's ever been. This countdown just doesn't make sense sometimes.

~ Speaking of this countdown not making sense, Glenn Morrison/Islove – Goodbye debuted in January. It's May and this is the highest it's ever been on the countdown. But I'm not complaining. I enjoy Goodbye being in the Top 10.

~ Imagine Dragons – Radioactive and Imagine Dragons – Demons continue to jump over each other. They both need to leave!

~ Sorry about the lack of blurbs this week. Not that much happened.

~ Check out Lorde's (weird) performance of Tennis Court on the Billboard Music Awards from last Sunday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT047H2ZLbc

My Top 5 Picks
1. Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong
2. Katy Perry – Birthday
3. OneRepublic – Love Runs Out
4. Neon Trees – Sleeping With A Friend
5. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy

28 comments:

  1. My dad is going to be very unhappy that Let Her Go dropped out. But I'm happy it dropped out.
    Also, I think Stay the Night and the crappy Fall Out Boy song will have DTHNOBs next week. I barely hear them on the radio now.
    Have you checked out Jason Rearick's summer kick-off special yet?
    -Remy Derulo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree about Wiggle! That song is terrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Ookarus X and Adrian Carrazco that Wiggle is annoying

      Delete
  3. I think everyone agrees that Wiggle is terrible. You know wat ta do wit ya big fat butt, wigglewigglewiggle
    Jees, that's annoying!
    -Remy Derulo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah wiggle is by far the worst song on the countdown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Wiggle! Jason Derulo is on fire right now! I hope Wiggle is as successful as Talk Dirty! I really hope Tennis Court by Lorde debuts sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that Lorde – Tennis Court should debut but I do not want Jason Derulo – Wiggle to be as successful as Talk Dirty. The song is okay up to the point where he says “You know what to do with that big fat butt,” and then it automatically becomes bad.

      Delete
    2. Wiggle is annoying

      Delete
  6. I hope Lorde- tennis court debuts but I absolutely hate Wiggle it's annoying and soooo repetitive even though it will probably be successful I hope it's not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not know Lorde. Jason Derulo is annoying

      Delete
  7. Tennis Court? OMG LOOOOOOOOOOVE dat butt.
    Whoops, I meant that song!
    -Remy Derulo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does anyone else think Some of lordes performances are creepy? She looks very creepy during them it's weird.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still don't understand how Bleachers- I wanna get better had the biggest jump I hate that song!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I Will Never Let You Down and Rather Be debut next week
      And Young Volcanoes!!!!!!!!!
      -Remy

      Delete
    2. I don't understand how you hate that song. Bleachers is a one man band so ya gotta give credit to him.

      -Remy

      Delete
    3. Jack from Fun is in Bleachers. I like that song. It can deserve the biggest jump of the week

      Delete
  10. Everyone. I have a new voting survey up on my Hit 45 Chart site. All you have to do is rank a bunch of songs from 1 to 10. You should all take it. Results may impact the countdown.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not a bad thing is at number 1! I like that song

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who are you?

      -Remy

      Delete
    2. I am Jack Lambert. The Guest DJ of Glenn Morrison- Goodbye on Mother's Day weekend

      Delete
    3. Cool!
      I like Goodbye
      -Remy

      Delete
    4. I really do like it too. It's a cool song. :D

      Delete
    5. Goodbye is a great song! I am Jack Lambert and I was the guest dj of Glenn Morrison- Goodbye on Mother's Day Weekend. It only went up 1 spot since then?

      Delete
  12. Adrian,have you had time to read the other countdown blogs? I haven't seen you comment on them in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Weekend Countdown starts today! Will Talk Dirty hold the top spot this week?
    You're gonna have to tune in to find out!

    -Remy Harrison

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do not like Talk Dirty

    ReplyDelete
  15. Me And My Broken Heart is #2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I do not undrstand how that crappy Olly Murs song had the biggest jump
    But I'm happy with the biggest drop
    When will Young Volcanoes debut? I like that song
    -Rem

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes! Only Murs- Dance with me tonight had the biggest jump because it was trying to be number 1 but it kept switching between Pitbull/kKesha- Timber and OneRepublic- Counting stars. Now it is trying to be number 1 but it is either Jason Derulo- Talk Dirty and Bastille- Pompeii

    ReplyDelete