Saturday, March 22, 2014

Bastille (1) – Week Of March 22, 2014


Sadly, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis – Can’t Hold Us was (and still is) one week away from it’s 1-year anniversary on the countdown. I’m begging the voters to try and bring this song back. I’m having trouble understanding the fact that this countdown is based on our votes. Songs like Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark, Imagine Dragons – Radioactive, and Katy Perry – Roar are still here and I’m 99.9% sure no one is voting for those songs. Can’t Hold Us was mighty popular and more popular than Light Em Up. People still jam out to it. If this is really based on our votes, we should all try to vote this song back. I HIGHLY DOUBT it’ll break Light Em Up’s record. But it’ll at least last a year. So don’t stop voting! Before we get to this week’s Fresh 45, here are the songs we’re saying goodbye to this week.


  • Macklemore and Ryan Lewis/Ray Dalton – Can’t Hold Us (#31)
  • Hunter Hayes – I Want Crazy (#32)
  • Armin van Buuren/Trevor Guthrie – This Is What It Feels Like (#41) [DTHNOBx3]
  • A Great Big World/Christina Aguilera – Say Something (#44)

Last Week’s #1 Song: OneRepublic – Counting Stars
The Countdown
45. Zendaya – Replay (#40)
44. Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) (#42)
43. John Newman – Love Me Again (RE-ENTRY)
42. Lorde – Royals (#39)
41. Zedd/Hayley Williams – Stay The Night (#35)
40. NONONO – Pumpin’ Blood (#30)
39. Eminem/Rihanna – The Monster (#43)
38. Oh Honey – Be Okay (DEBUT)
37. Avicii/Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up (#45)
36. Cher Lloyd – Sirens (DEBUT)
35. Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World (DEBUT)
34. Ellie Goulding – Burn (#33)
33. Bruno Mars – Young Girls (#24)
32. Cash Cash/Bebe Rexha – Take Me Home (#27)
31. Fall Out Boy – Alone Together (#28)
30. Glenn Morrison/Islove – Goodbye (#21)
29. Katy Perry – Roar (#36)
28. Martin Garrix – Animals (#17)
27. One Direction – Story Of My Life (#38)
26. Zedd/Matthew Koma/Miriam Bryant – Find You (#23)
25. AJR – I’m Ready (#22)
24. Shakira/Rihanna – Can’t Remember To Forget You (#19)
23. Karmin – I Want It All (#26)
22. Aloe Blacc – The Man (#25)
21. Demi Lovato – Neon Lights (#20)
20. Imagine Dragons – Radioactive (#14)
19. Midnight Red – Hell Yeah (#15)
18. Phantogram – Fall In Love (#37)
17. Sara Bareilles – Brave (#34)
16. Eminem/Nate Ruess – Headlights (#29)
15. Haim – The Wire (#20)
14. MKTO – Classic (#10)
13. American Authors – Best Day Of My Life (#12)
12. Avicii/Dan Tyminski – Hey Brother (#11)
11. Paramore – Ain’t It Fun (#16)
10. Jason Derulo – Talk Dirty (#13)
  9. Lorde – Team (#9)
  8. Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight (#8)
  7. Passenger – Let Her Go (#7)
  6. Katy Perry – Dark Horse (#2)
  5. Imagine Dragons – Demons (#3)
  4. Pharrell Williams – Happy (#4)
  3. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (#1)
  2. Pitbull/Ke$ha – Timber (#6)
  1. Bastille – Pompeii (#5) [New #1!!!!!!!!!!!]

Biggest DROP!!! Of The Week: Martin Garrix – Animals (–11)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Phantogram – Fall In Love (+19)

Well, the rein at #1 between Counting Stars and Timber is over (At least I hope it is). Now we have Bastille – Pompeii and (hopefully) Pharrell – Happy. Thank you voters!!!!

New Entrants
~ Thank you guys for bringing back John Newman – Love Me Again for me. Somehow, I knew it would re-enter at #43. I would’ve loved it if it was higher. But at least it’s here. Please stay a while. Pretty please.

~ Cher Lloyd premiered Sirens on The Morning Mash Up two weeks ago. Then it went on Hit-Bound for only one week. Hot Chelle Rae premiered Don’t Say Goodnight months ago and it’s still on Hit-Bound. Sirens is annoying. That’s all I have to say.

~ Imagine Dragons is back. They debuted with On Top Of The World. I like it but as with all alternative music (besides Bastille – Pompeii), I will get sick of it quickly.

~ Oh Honey – Be Okay is a nice song. It has good vocals. As of right now, that’s all I can say about the song.

Let Me Blurb A Selfie!
~ Martin Garrix – Animals had the Biggest DROP!!! Of The Week on it's third week.

~ No, I did not make a mistake putting OneRepublic – Counting Stars and Imagine Dragons – Radioactive in blue instead of turquoise/yellow. Those songs are now no longer in the Insta-Station Change mode (For now).

~ Songs like Haim – The Wire and Bruno Mars – Young Girls have once again reached Insta-Station Change. In that case, The Wire at #15 is not gonna work for me.

~ Glenn Morrison – Goodbye took a little bit of a drop this week. I really don't want this song to leave. But I can't change destiny.

~ Eminem/Nate Ruess – Headlights finally made the jump into the teens.

~ Huh. I guess it was too early to say goodbye to Sara Bareilles – Brave.

~ Demi Lovato – Neon Lights seems like it should be a Top 10 song.

~ Talk Dirty is probably Jason Derulo's second best song. His first best? Whatcha Say.

~ Austin Mahone – Mmm Yeah has yet to debut on Hit-Bound or The Countdown.

~ Calm down, Hits 1. Throwing Zendaya – Replay to #45 is taking it a little too far.

~ Robin Thicke is back on Hit-Bound with DJ Cassidy and Jessie J to produce Calling All Hearts.

~ Katy Perry – Roar just needs to go. I can't believe it's still here.

~ I just realized Matthew Koma is really good looking. Don't tell Carly Rae Jepsen I said that.

~ I would love it if Beyonce – Partition could debut the countdown soon.

~ NOTE: Next week's post will be delayed. I apologize for the inconvenience. I know all the bloggers rely on this blog. But here is what you can do next week. Sometime during the week, Hits 1 posts the countdown on the Sirius XM Blog (http://blog.siriusxm.com/). Everyday during the week, you should check the Sirius XM Blog to see if Hits 1 posted the countdown yet. Just surf through the site a bit. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any questions, just comment below. 

My Top 5 Picks
1. John Newman – Love Me Again
2. Zedd/Matthew Koma/Miriam Bryant – Find You
3. Demi Lovato – Neon Lights
4. Eminem/Nate Ruess – Headlights
5. Martin Garrix – Animals

38 comments:

  1. Well, Martin Garrix - Animals had the Biggest Jump of the Week on my countdown. All the way to #1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll post it soon guys. Patience plz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They usually do it Monday. If you can't get it before Monday or Tuesday, I will do the post earlier for you to give your audience slightly earlier information. I can do everything but the last week's spot on my post that week. Feel free to use it for info in case you can't listen to the countdown.
    Thanks, Jason Rearick :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sirens is an AMAZING song! Why put it in red?
    And why did Animals have the biggest drop of the week?
    btw, #selfie is my new fave on hitbound

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi cole again,
    i would put PASSENGER - LET HER GO, MKTO - CLASSIC, AND ONEDIRECTION - STORY OF MY LIFE IN turquoise and DEMONS, DANCE WITH ME TONIGHT. SIRENS AND THE MONSTER IN RED.............. and dont even get me started on #44 Grrrrrrrrrr that SONG IS.........SO OLD!!!!!!!!!!!! GET WITH NEW MUSIC PEOPLE, LIKE #s 24, 28, 4, 40, and 30. I HATE THATSONG!!!!!!! Grrrrr
    Sorry, i just hate #44. btw
    Bottom 5
    1. I think i have already explained myself
    2. The Monster
    3. Demons
    4. Dance with me tonight
    5. Sirens
    Hey Remy I love #Selfie!!!!
    Let Me Take A Selfie!!
    Ha i love that song

    ReplyDelete
  6. uh... where's #17 and #16?
    17 is Brave
    16 is Alone Together (whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?)
    from anon. Remy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #16 is not Alone Together because that is #31.

      Delete
  7. When will you post the next countdown on this blog? Will it be early the following week?

    ReplyDelete
  8. 17 is Brave- Sara Bareilles
    16 is Headlights- Eminem ft. Nate Ruess

    ReplyDelete
  9. Surprised Austin Mahone and Pitbull's hit Mmmm Yeah isn't on Hitbound or the Weekend Countdown. It is already on American Top 40.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoops, sorry. Headlights is #16
    So now R U gonna do a hit-bound post?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Remy,
    What r your top 10 songs? They don't have to be on the countdown
    1. Shakira - Can't Remember To Forget You
    2. Chainsmokers - #Selfie
    3. Martin Garrix - Animals
    4. Austin Mahone - Mmm Yeah
    5. Pharrell - Happy
    6. Nonono - Pumpin Blood
    7. Glenn Morrison - Goodbye
    8. Katy Perry - Dark Horse
    9. HAIM - The Wire
    10. Demi Lovato. - Neon Lights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Animals
      La La La
      Hey Brother
      On Top of the World
      #selfie
      Dark Horse
      Latch(by Disclosure)
      Happy
      Wizard(another Martin Garrix song)
      Can't Remember to Forget You
      by Remy

      Delete
  13. Hey guys, I'm signing my posts Jro from now on on my comments and my countdown just cuz.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favorite song is Animals and my least favorite is Brave. Because they overplayed it.

    - Jro

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jro's Pop Universe Countdown
    1. Martin Garrix - Animals [1st Week At Number 1]
    2. OneRepublic - Counting Stars
    3. Pharrell Williams - Happy
    4. Brantley Gilbert - Bottoms Up
    5. John Legend - All Of Me
    6. Idina Menzel - Let It Go
    7. American Authors - Best Day Of My Life
    8. Jason Derulo/2 Chainz - Talk Dirty
    9. Pitbull/Ke$ha - Timber
    10. The Chainsmokers - #SELFIE
    11. Coldplay - Magic
    12. Luke Bryan - Play It Again [DEBUT]
    13. Aloe Blacc - The Man
    14. Justin Timberlake - Not A Bad Thing
    15. Kristen Bell/Idina Menzel - Do You Want To Build A Snowman?
    16. Christina Perri - Human
    17. Trey Songz - Na Na [RE-ENTRY]
    18. Rascal Flatts - Rewind
    19. Calvin Harris - Summer [DEBUT]
    20. Lorde - Team
    21. Lorde - Royals
    22. A Great Big World/Christina Aguilera - Say Something [First Number 1 Ever]
    23. DJ Snake/Lil Jon - Turn Down For What [Should Be On Hit-Bound]
    24. Katy Perry/Juicy J - Dark Horse
    25. Florida Georgia Line/Luke Bryan - This Is How We Roll
    26. Passenger - Let Her Go
    27. Jerrod Niemann - Drink To That All Night [RE-ENTRY]
    28. Paramore - Ain't It Fun
    29. Avicii/Aloe Blacc - Wake Me Up
    30. One Direction - Story Of My Life [The Monster Drop]
    31. Naughty Boy/Sam Smith - La La La [DEBUT]
    32. Austin Mahone/Pitbull - Mmm Yeah [RE-ENTRY]
    33. Avicii/Dan Tyminski - Hey Brother
    34. Imagine Dragons - Demons
    35. Ellie Goulding - Burn
    36. Shakira/Rihanna - Can't Remember To Forget You [RE-ENTRY]
    37. Demi Lovato - Neon Lights
    38. Idina Menzel - Let It Go [Movie Version] [RE-ENTRY]
    39. Blake Shelton - Doin' What She Likes
    40. Keith Urban - Cop Car
    41. Cody Simpson - Surfboard [DEBUT]
    42. George Tandy Jr. - March [DEBUT]
    43. Katy Perry - Roar
    44. Eric Church - Give Me Back My Hometown [RE-ENTRY]
    45. MKTO - Classic [DEBUT]

    ReplyDelete
  16. Feel free to tell me what songs you like :D

    - Jro

    ReplyDelete
  17. bleh, i dont like half those songs

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's k. Also, Adrian, have you seen the music video for Mmm Yeah yet? [not the lyric one]

    - Jro

    ReplyDelete
  19. My top 10 on Hits 1 are
    1. The Chainsmokers - #SELFIE
    2. DJ Cassidy/Robin Thicke/Jessie J - Calling All Hearts
    3. Bastille - Pompeii
    4. Pharrell Williams - Happy
    5. Shakira/Rihanna - Can't Remember To Forget You
    6. Martin Garrix - Animals
    7. Martin Garrix/Jay Hardway - Wizard
    8. Naughty Boy/Sam Smith - La La La
    9. Avicii/Dan Tyminski - Hey Brother
    10. Imagine Dragons - On Top Of The World
    [11 would be Katy Perry/Juicy J - Dark Horse.

    - Jro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jro,
      I would love it if you could creat a blog similar to this one. Of course, I would increase your page views and we could comment to each other like we're doing right now. So, will u?
      -Remy

      Delete
  20. My top songs of march poll is out! Now's the time to vote!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry Remy but I might not do that until late 2014/early 2015. I hope you're not mad at me.


    - Jro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course not
      -Rem-ro (get it?)

      Delete
  22. Lol I Know I get it LOL Remy or Rem-ro LOL


    - J-emy or Jro [lol]

    ReplyDelete
  23. BREAKING NEWS: Tyler Glenn from Neon Trees has come out as gay. This is true information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!
      I am anti-gay period, just to let y'all know!
      -Remy

      Delete
    2. In case you didn't know, I am gay.

      Delete
    3. Crap.
      Whatevs, we're still friends, right? RIGHT?

      Delete
    4. If you want to be friends, then we’re still friends.

      Delete
    5. :D *yay*
      yolo!

      Delete
  24. I want to mention (before I forget). My Top 5 Hit-Bound Songs:
    1. DJ Cassidy Ft. Robin Thicke and Jessie J – Calling All Hearts
    2. Rixton – Me and My Broken Heart
    3. Disclosure Ft. Sam Smith – Latch
    4. Hardwell Ft. Matthew Koma – Dare You
    5. The Chainsmokers – #SELFIE

    Worst Song On Hit-Bound: Little Mix – Move

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take A Listen To Those Songs If You Haven’t Already. :)

      Delete
    2. Today I took a listen to Calling All Hearts. It sounds like a 70's tune, but hey, what's not to love about Robin Thicke?
      -Remy the blog lover

      Delete