Saturday, March 8, 2014

OneRepublic (5) – Week Of March 8, 2014


Today we say goodbye to: a song from the weirdest artist, a song that had an unexpected exit, a song that had a lot of big jumps and drops, the best song on the countdown, and a song that should’ve never re-entered. Before we get to this week’s Fresh 45, here are the songs we’re saying goodbye to this week.


  • Lady Gaga – Applause (#30) [Highest Point: #4]
  • Sara Bareilles – Brave (#31) [Highest Point: #5]
  • Calvin Harris/Ellie Goulding – I Need Your Love (#32) [Highest Point: #6]
  • John Newman – Love Me Again (#42) [Highest Point: #13]
  • The 1975 – Chocolate (#45) [DTHNOBx2] {Highest Point: #40*}
*Since it re-entered

Last Week’s #1 Song: Pitbull/Ke$ha – Timber
The Countdown
45. Eminem/Rihanna – The Monster (#44)
44. Panic! At The Disco/Lolo – Miss Jackson (#35)
43. Goldhouse – Feel Good (#40)
42. Lorde – Royals (#43)
41. Armin van Buuren/Trevor Guthrie – This Is What It Feels Like (RE-ENTRY)
40. NONONO – Pumpin’ Blood (DEBUT)
39. Macklemore and Ryan Lewis/Ray Dalton – Can’t Hold Us (#36)
38. Imagine Dragons – Radioactive (#41)
37. Martin Garrix – Animals (DEBUT)
36. Katy Perry – Roar (#37)
35. Zedd/Matthew Koma/Miriam Bryant – Find You (DEBUT)
34. Zendaya – Replay (#25)
33. Avicii/Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up (#38)
32. Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) (#39)
31. Ellie Goulding – Burn (#14)
30. Karmin – I Want It All (DEBUT)
29. Cash Cash/Bebe Rexha – Take Me Home (#20)
28. Bruno Mars – Young Girls (#29)
27. Eminem/Nate Ruess – Headlights (#28)
26. Demi Lovato – Neon Lights (#23)
25. Zedd/Hayley Williams – Stay The Night (#9)
24. A Great Big World/Christina Aguilera – Say Something (#17)
23. Jason Derulo – Talk Dirty (#16)
22. AJR – I’m Ready (#21)
21. Shakira/Rihanna – Can’t Remember To Forget You (#34)
20. Haim – The Wire (#33)
19. Glenn Morrison/Islove – Goodbye (#22)
18. Hunter Hayes – I Want Crazy (#13)
17. Aloe Blacc – The Man (#18)
16. Midnight Red – Hell Yeah (#19)
15. Paramore – Ain’t It Fun (#27)
14. Avicii/Dan Tyminski – Hey Brother (#26)
13. American Authors – Best Day Of My Life (#24)
12. One Direction – Story Of My Life (#3)
11. Fall Out Boy – Alone Together (#15)
10. MKTO – Classic (#11)
  9. Lorde – Team (#10)
  8. Pharrell Williams – Happy (#12)
  7. Bastille – Pompeii (#4)
  6. Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight (#7)
  5. Passenger – Let Her Go (#6)
  4. Pitbull/Ke$ha – Timber (#1)
  3. Imagine Dragons – Demons (#8)
  2. Katy Perry – Dark Horse (#5)
  1. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (#1) [5th Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!! Of The Week: Ellie Goulding – Burn (–17)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Tie Between Shakira/Rihanna – Can’t Remember To Forget You and Haim – The Wire (+13)

New Entrants

~ We got a another re-entry from Armin van Buuren/Trevor Guthrie – This Is What It Feels Like. Once again, I hope this stays a bit longer.

~ Our 17-year-old dutch DJ Martin Garrix produced Animals. I reviewed this song on last week's post. So you should check there for the review. I actually tried looking up the lyrics to this song. Of course the websites said the only lyrics were "We're The F**kin' Animals!".

~ Zedd is here with something new. Find You ft. Matthew Koma and Miriam Bryant. Zedd just keeps getting better and better. Although I have trouble seeing a lot of popularity in this song. I don't think this song will be as popular as Clarity and Stay The Night. But at least it's here.

~ MKTO – Classic debuted the same week as Karmin – Acapella. Now Karmin – I Want It All debuted and MKTO – Classic sits at #10. Though I Want It All is not as good as Acapella, I still really like the song. It's probably the best new entrant (This Is What It Feels Like doesn't count). Karmin has been having a lot of success recently. So I hope this song can be as successful as Acapella and Brokenhearted.

~ Last, but not least, we have long time Hit-Bound-er NONONO – Pumpin' Blood. I didn't like this song, then I liked it, now I think it's okay. Being on Hit-Bound for a while has advantages and disadvantages:

Advantages: If I don't like the song, it gives me a while to grow into it.

Disadvantages: If I do like the song, I get sick of it before it debuts the countdown. 

We're The Blurbin' Animals!
~ Hits 1, please fix your playlist so that Justin Timberlake – Drink You Away will stop airing at #33. Not that I don't like the song, I really do. But I get confused and I don't know if it's a mistake or a re-entry. Also, I missed Avicii/Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up because of that.

~ Though better than Timber, Counting Stars also bugs me when it hits #1. Can Katy Perry – Dark Horse fix this?

~ Speaking of Dark Horse, the music video is COMPLETELY different from her performance on The Grammy's. By that I mean her performance was better.

~ It's bad enough John Newman – Love Me Again left. But having Demons at #3 is just not okay. I’m predicting it will have the biggest drop of the week next week.

~ Pharrell – Happy is in the Top 10. That makes me Happy.

~ Zedd/Hayley Williams – Stay The Night is stranded between Paramore – Ain't It Fun and Zedd/Matthew Koma/Miriam Bryant – Find You. Everyone knows that on the countdown, songs from the same artist have to be at least 10 spots away from each other. Though sometimes this rule doesn't apply. On September 29, 2012, David Guetta/Sia – Titanium and Flo Rida/Sia – Wild Ones were literally 2 spots away from each other.

~ Panic! At The Disco – Miss Jackson is back at #44. Raise your hand if you think it'll have another massive jump (no one raises hand).

~ I'm hate how every time Spyder Harrison introduces Imagine Dragons – Radioactive, he says, "The song that won't go away!" I really want Radioactive to go away as well as Demons! I guess Imagine Dragons' songs just get old real fast.

~ I just realized Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark is continuing to extend the record making it less possible for Macklemore and Ryan Lewis – Can't Hold Us to break the record. It is now an absolute necessity for Light Em Up to leave.

~ A couple of turquoise songs have turned red. That's what happens. Song gets way too old that I absolutely hate it.

~ I heard a great song on 20 on 20 this past week in the form of Guy Sebastian – Like A Drum.

~ I'm glad Hits 1 cuts out 2 Chainz from Talk Dirty. His rap verse is absolutely annoying!

~ I can live with Zendaya – Replay at #34.

~ Reader Dylan George is recommending a song from Emily Kinney (girl who plays Beth Greene on The Walking Dead. Yes, she makes music.)

~ Does anyone else miss Timbaland/OneRepublic – Apologize. (Yes, I know. Completely random).

~ I plan on posting My Top 45 Songs Of February very soon. Stay tuned for that.

~ Reminder: Make sure you check out my personal Top 40 Charts.
http://todaystop40hits.blogspot.com/

~ This week's most listened to song: David Guetta/Sia  Titanium
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRfuAukYTKg

My Top 5 Picks
1. Armin van Buuren/Trevor Guthrie – This Is What It Feels Like
2. Panic! At The Disco/Lolo – Miss Jackson
3. Jason Derulo – Talk Dirty
4. Karmin – I Want It All
5. Zedd/Matthew Koma/Miriam Bryant – Find You

14 comments:

  1. I think Emily Kinney's music is really relaxing and refreshing! I would love to hear her on Hits-1! I have been posting on my Hits-1 review site as well! Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what does DTHNOB stand for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea. But CountdownRecap used it.

      Delete
  3. #makelovemeagaincomebackontheweekendcountdown
    BTW this is the same anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope we become friends in the near future. I come to this blog every single day, no joke.
    WE'RE THE AWESOME ANIMALS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You seem really cool. Thanks for liking the blog. And we are the awesome animals!

      Delete
    2. My Top 5 Picks:
      1. Animals
      2. Hey Brother
      3. On Top Of The World(I know it's on hitbound)
      4. Talk Dirty
      5. Happy

      Delete
  5. My name is Remy by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should post a hitbound this week cuz there's like a lotta new songs on there.
    btw I'm 13 and a girl, in case U don't know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. I’m a 14-year-old boy. (In Case You Didn’t Know). And yeah I’ll do a Hit-Bound post.

      Delete
    2. :D I like you!
      no, not like-like

      Delete
    3. I know. I’m gay by the way.

      Delete