Saturday, February 8, 2014

Pitbull (5) – Week Of February 8, 2014


The Super Bowl was pretty disappointing. I think the Seahawks won with 43 – 8. The only thing I enjoyed about the Super Bowl was Bruno Mars’ halftime performance. Bruno Mars killed it. Before we get to this week’s Fresh 45, here are the songs were saying goodbye to this week.

  • Macklemore and Ryan Lewis – White Walls (#17)
  • Flo Rida – How I Feel (#29)
  • Beyoncé – XO (#31)
  • Lupe Fiasco ft. Ed Sheeran – Old School Love (#39)
  • Armin van Buuren ft. Trevor Guthrie – This Is What It Feels Like (#45)

Last Week’s #1 Song: Pitbull ft. Ke$ha – Timber
The Countdown
45. The 1975 – Chocolate (#40)
44. Lady Gaga ft. R. Kelly – Do What U Want (#21)
43. Imagine Dragons – Radioactive (#36)
42. John Newman – Love Me Again (#43)
41. Lorde – Royals (#42)
40. Avicii ft. Dan Tyminski – Hey Brother (DEBUT)
39. Demi Lovato – Neon Lights (DEBUT)
38. Macklemore and Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton – Can’t Hold Us (#33)
37. American Authors – Best Day Of My Life (DEBUT)
36. Zendaya – Replay (DEBUT)
35. Paramore – Still Into You (#38)
34. Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding – I Need Your Love (#37)
33. Katy Perry – Roar (#32)
32. Jason Derulo – Talk Dirty (DEBUT)
31. Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) (#34)
30. Bruno Mars – Young Girls (#28)
29. Lady Gaga – Applause (#35)
28. AJR – I’m Ready (#24)
27. Glenn Morrison ft. Islove – Goodbye (#25)
26. Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight (#30)
25. Hunter Hayes – I Want Crazy (#44)
24. Justin Timberlake – Drink You Away (#22)
23. Goldhouse – Feel Good (#27)
22. Paramore – Ain’t It Fun (#26)
21. Cash Cash ft. Bebe Rexha – Take Me Home (#41)
20. Haim – The Wire (#23)
19. Pharrell Williams – Happy (#19)
18. A Great Big World and Christina Aguilera – Say Something (#16)
17. Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up (#6)
16. Panic! At The Disco ft. Lolo – Miss Jackson (#18)
15. Imagine Dragons – Demons (#4)
14. Midnight Red – Hell Yeah (#20)
13. Zedd ft. Hayley Williams – Stay The Night (#15)
12. Passenger – Let Her Go (#11)
11. MKTO – Classic (#13)
10. Sara Bareilles – Brave (#5)
  9. Fall Out Boy – Alone Together (#13)
  8. Ellie Goulding – Burn (#8)
  7. Katy Perry – Dark Horse (#13)
  6. Lorde – Team (#9)
  5. Eminem ft. Rihanna – The Monster (#3)
  4. Bastille – Pompeii (#7)
  3. One Direction – Story Of My Life (#10)
  2. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (#2)
  1. Pitbull ft. Ke$ha – Timber (#1) [5th Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Lady Gaga ft. R Kelly – Do What U Want (–23)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Cash Cash ft. Bebe Rexha – Take Me Home (+20)

New Entrants
~ For some reason, Hit-Bound refused to play Jason Derulo – Talk Dirty only 1 week. So they played it on Hit-Bound this week as well. Talk Dirty is a good song. I like every part besides that annoying instrument in the chorus. I especially like the end when the girl says, "What? I don't understand!"

~ Avicii ft. Dan Tyminski – Hey Brother is here to take over for Wake Me Up. Hey Brother is another Avicii song where he blends the dance with the folk. They actually go good together. Well done Avicii. You did it again. Now all we need to do is get this song to #1.

~ Demi Lovato – Neon Lights is no better than Heart Attack. But she can really hit those high notes. So this song deserves credit.

~ The debut of American Authors – Best Day Of My Life didn't surprise me. It had a huge amount of airplay this past week. It's a good song. Not much else to say about it.

~ Last and definitely least, we have Zendaya – Replay. I find this song annoying. Though I agree with the lyrics, this song just doesn't "wow" me. It's a complete waste of good lyrics.

Hey Blurber. There's an endless road to rediscover.
~ Hot Chelle Rae was this weekend's guest host. They also hosted Hit-Bound. While they were hosting Hit-Bound, they introduced their new song, Don't Say Goodnight. It premiered yesterday on The Morning Mash Up and topped the Wutchuwant Countdown. It is a fantastic song. My new favorite on Hit-Bound.

~ Lady Gaga ft. R Kelly – Do What U Want just got thrown to #44 pushing Hunter Hayes – I Want Crazy all the way to #25. WEIRD!!!

~ Pitbull ft. Ke$ha – Timber has reached what I call “Insta-Station Change”. Basically, what that means is when the song comes on the radio, I try to change the station as fast as I can.

~ Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World is on Hit-Bound. Seems like Radioactive will have to leave soon. I don't know how it'll work if they had 3 songs on the countdown. Somehow, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis and Bruno Mars were able to do it though.

~ Speaking of Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, Can't Hold Us had a huge amount of airplay and appeared in many of the Wutchuwant Countdowns this past week. Yet I only heard White Walls once. So no surprise that it left. I'm glad it left. This makes Can't Hold Us superior to White Walls and Same Love. Fun Fact: White Walls debuted the same week as Flo Rida  How I Feel.

~ Lupe Fiasco ft. Ed Sheeran – Old School Love has a record for shortest tenure so far in 2014, lasting only 3 weeks.

~ Good riddance to Beyonce' – XO. Glad we're saying goodbye to some bad music.

~ Goodbye, Armin van Buuren ft. Trevor Guthrie – This Is What It Feels Like. You will be missed. :(

~ This Friday is Valentines Day. So get something for that special someone. I unfortunately have no special someone. But I hope to find a special someone this Valentines Day. (No. Not Austin Mahone. But I wish!)

~ Juicy J no longer exists in the Hits 1 version of Dark Horse. I'm just glad it's in the Top 10.

~ One Direction – Story Of My Life has hit its up-to-date peak at #3. I don't see this as a #1 song. But whatever.

~ Is it a bad thing that Matthew Koma is in two songs currently on Hit-Bound?

~ I joined the Wutchuwant Crew this past week. On the survey I took not that long ago, I said Timber was annoying and really old. But they clearly ignored what I said. I also said I love This Is What It Feels Like and it is not at all old. But they ignored that too!

~ Well Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark did it. It lasted a year. Now the question is can it break Maroon 5 – Payphone's record. Just 3 more weeks will do it.

~ As said in my previous post, Austin Mahone is my new celebrity crush.

My Top 5 Picks
1. John Newman – Love Me Again
2. Avicii ft. Dan Tyminski – Hey Brother
3. Eminem ft. Rihanna – The Monster
4. Jason Derulo – Talk Dirty
5. Katy Perry – Dark Horse

Top 5 Hit-Bound Songs
1. Hot Chelle Rae – Don't Say Goodnight
2. Aloe Blacc – The Man
3. Karmin – I Want It All
4. Jason Derulo – Talk Dirty
5. Oh Honey – Be Okay

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for getting it early for me! Just so you know you can blog at your own schedule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Know. The latest I usually post my weekly post is Monday.

      Delete
    2. I’m a high school freshman who has almost nothing to do during the weekends.

      Delete
  2. We definetly cleared some crap this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Talk Dirty on the countdown or Hitbound?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that I think about it, Chandler Riggs from The Walking Dead is young and hot. He’s exactly my age. So I may get a small crush on him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a celebrity crush on Emily Kinney who plays Beth on The Walking Dead! Do you watch The Walking Dead?

      Delete
    2. Good. I am a bit obsessed with it. I can't wait until tomorrow night!

      Delete
  5. I have a hits 1 blog that I will do things exactly like countdown recap used to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It. Is. At.
    www.hits1countdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a blog that I am surveying how hits 1 is doing. I am also going to tell the wutchuwant crew about your opinions. It is at
    www.howishits1doing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete