Saturday, February 1, 2014

Pitbull (4) – Week Of February 1, 2014


Hits 1 doesn't seem to have the slightest clue what real music is. I was okay with this song at #1 the first time. But this is getting ridiculous. Eminem and Rihanna deserve #1. I am going to try keeping negativity out. Timber has officially become the worst song on the countdown. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.


  • The Neighbourhood – Sweater Weather (#36)
  • Selena Gomez – Slow Down (#42) [DTHNOBx2]

The Countdown
45. Armin van Buuren ft. Trevor Guthrie – This Is What It Feels Like (#45)
44. Hunter Hayes – I Want Crazy (#44)
43. John Newman – Love Me Again (#43)
42. Lorde – Royals (#38)
41. Cash Cash ft. Bebe Rexha – Take Me Home (DEBUT)
40. The 1975 – Chocolate (RE-ENTRY)
39. Lupe Fiasco ft. Ed Sheeran – Old School Love (#39)
38. Paramore – Still Into You (#29)
37. Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding – I Need Your Love (#41)
36. Imagine Dragons – Radioactive (#34)
35. Lady Gaga – Applause (#37)
34. Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) (#32)
33. Macklemore and Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton – Can't Hold Us (#33)
32. Katy Perry – Roar (#31)
31. Beyonce – XO (#35) 
30. Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight (#16)
29. Flo Rida – How I Feel (#24)
28. Bruno Mars – Young Girls (#27)
27. Goldhouse – Feel Good (#26)
26. Paramore – Ain't It Fun (#40)
25. Glenn Morrison ft. Islove – Goodbye (#29)
24. AJR – I'm Ready (#23)
23. Haim – The Wire (#22)
22. Justin Timberlake – Drink You Away (#25)
21. Lady Gaga ft. R. Kelly – Do What U Want (#14)
20. Midnight Red – Hell Yeah (#18)
19. Pharrell Williams – Happy (#30)
18. Panic! At The Disco ft. Lolo – Miss Jackson (#19)
17. Macklemore and Ryan Lewis ft. ScHoolboy Q & Hollis – White Walls (#21)
16. A Great Big World and Christina Aguilera – Say Something (#20)
15. Zedd ft. Hayley Williams – Stay The Night (#12)
14. MKTO – Classic (#9)
13. Fall Out Boy – Alone Together (#10)
12. Katy Perry ft. Juicy J – Dark Horse (#11)
11. Passenger – Let Her Go (#8)
10. One Direction – Story Of My Life (#6)
  9. Lorde – Team (#17)
  8. Ellie Goulding – Burn (#5)
  7. Bastille – Pompeii (#15)
  6. Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up (#7)
  5. Sara Bareilles – Brave (#13)
  4. Imagine Dragons – Demons (#4)
  3. Eminem ft. Rihanna – The Monster (#3)
  2. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (#2)
  1. Pitbull ft. Ke$ha – Timber (#1) [4th Week at #1] {Ugh}

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight (–14)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Paramore – Ain't It Fun (+14)

New Entrants
~ We got a re-entry from The 1975 – Chocolate. Not too happy about this re-entry. It's old. And it doesn't look like it'll be leaving any time soon. Whatever. I'll (try to) deal with it.

~ Our only new entrant for the second straight week is Cash Cash ft. Bebe Rexha – Take Me Home. Bebe Rexha's singing is okay in the verses. But it is fantastic in the chorus. Overall, the song is pretty good. We'd be better off having it around. Hits 1 seems to love Electronic/Dance music. Armin van Buuren, Avicii, Zedd, and now Cash Cash.

Give Me Those Old School Blurbs Right Now
~ The unexpected jump into the Top 5 from Sara Bareilles – Brave kind of surprised me. I'm not surprised about Lorde – Team and Bastille – Pompeii in the Top 10. But I never expected Brave to be a Top 5-er. But I'm not complaining.

~ The guest DJ who introduced Hunter Hayes – I Want Crazy said, "Here's that hottie Hunter Hayes – I Want Crazy." A person who calls Hunter Hayes and Austin Mahone hotties are like me. A person who doesn't call Justin Bieber a hottie, but calls Hunter and Austin hotties are just like me. Hunter and Austin are hotties.

~ I just realized Hits 1 cuts off a verse from Lupe Fiasco ft. Ed Sheeran – Old School Love.

~ Speaking of Ed Sheeran, he's a new dad! Sort of. He somehow saved this kitten. I don't know when, where, why, and how he did it. Well maybe I know why. Ed's a nice guy. Of course he'd save that kitten from whatever danger it was in.

~ The Wanted broke up because of One Direction rivalry. That's stupid. Sure One Direction gets more popularity. But The Wanted makes better music. Goodbye The Wanted. I loved all your music. Songs like Glad You Came, Chasing The Sun, I Found You, and We Own The Night were all great songs.

~ If Katy Perry ft. Juicy J – Dark Horse doesn't get in the Top 10, I'm gonna be so confused. So get it in there.

~ Yes, the rumors are true. I like A Great Big World and Christina Aguilera – Say Something. The music video is beautiful. When you guys have the chance, you should check it out.

~ Reader Dylan George is the only person I know who actually liked Lorde's performance last week on The Grammy's.

~ After The Grammy's, I've been constantly listening to Paul McCartney – Queenie Eye. It's a great song! Can it still debut? If it can, please do.

~ Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark is one week away from lasting a year on the countdown. Do I want that to happen? NO! It's nowhere near good enough to have the honor of lasting a year on this countdown. Macklemore and Ryan Lewis – Can't Hold Us however is good enough to have the honor. So I would like Can't Hold Us to last a year on the countdown.

~ Pitbull ft. Ke$ha – Timber is now the worst song on the countdown. So Macklemore and Ryan Lewis – White Walls got a free pass. Seriously, who is voting for Timber? That song is not good enough to last 4 weeks at #1. It's not even #1 material. Eminem ft. Rihanna – The Monster is definitely #1 material. So I'm gonna try this again. It seems like Eminem ft. Rihanna – The Monster can be a #1 song in the near future. If not, I'll have a heart attack and it won't be funny. Somehow, music with Rihanna in it, whether it's her song or if she's featured, can never be a #1 song. Even though I voted for this song at least 100 times during the week, Hits 1 keeps the obnoxious Timber at #1. Annoying! Don't stop voting for this song.

~ Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight seems like it will be leaving soon. This is its second straight week have the Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week.

~ Selena Gomez and Austin Mahone are dating. I'm just glad she's not dating Justin Bieber. Austin Mahone is a nice guy and a hottie. (I already said that didn't I?)

~ Speaking of Austin Mahone, I would love to see Austin Mahone ft. Pitbull – Mmm Yeah debut the countdown. Make it happen.

~ Spyder Harrison actually had Hayley Williams as a guest DJ to introduce Ain't It Fun.

~ Hits 1 sent me a Wutchuwant survey this past week. They basically asked me questions like "What would you change about the Morning Mash Up?" or "What would you change about weekday airplay?" or "What do you like best about Hits 1?" And then they asked for my opinion on a bunch of songs. Even though I said Pitbull ft. Ke$ha – Timber was "very old", they made it #1 anyway. And they never asked me about Macklemore and Ryan Lewis – White Walls. I would've said "I Hate It". But they refused to ask me about that song.

~ Tomorrow is the Super Bowl! I really only watch for the commercials. I don't really care about the game. Sports isn't my thing.

~ For the Hit-Bound poll, here are the results:
1st Place: Avicii ft. Dan Tyminski – Hey Brother
2nd Place: Aloe Blacc – The Man
3rd Place: Tie Between American Authors – Best Day Of My Life and NONONO – Pumpin' Blood

~ For the Best Performance On The Grammy's poll, here are the results:
1st Place: Kendrick Lamar and Imagine Dragons – M.A.A.D City / Radioactive
2nd Place: Macklemore and Ryan Lewis ft. Mary Lambert and Madonna – Same Love
3rd Place: Katy Perry ft. Juicy J – Dark Horse

My Top 5 Picks
1. Eminem ft. Rihanna – The Monster
2. A Great Big World and Christina Aguilera – Say Something
3. John Newman – Love Me Again
4. Paramore – Ain't It Fun
5. Panic! At The Disco – Miss Jackson

15 comments:

  1. I agree Timber is the worst song on the countdown. When will you start blogging the American top 40 countdown ? It is ok with me if you use my blog to get info when you start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG. I Forgot. I'll see if I can get the time to start blogging.

      Delete
  2. I say the worst song is Ed Sheeran - Old School Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best is Macklemore and Ryan Lewis - White Walls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why did Mi Mi Mi leave? :( It was so good! I hope it gets resurrected. :(
    :( :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd rather have that resurrect than The 1975 – Chocolate.

      Delete
  5. Top 5
    1. Macklemore - White Walls
    2. Katy Perry - Dark Horse
    3. Bastille - Pompeii
    4. Cash Cash - Take Me Home
    5. Armin Van Buuren - This Is What It Feels Like
    Overall
    1. Avicii - Hey Brother
    2. Calvin Harris - Thinking About You
    3. Jason Derulo - Talk Dirty
    4. Macklemore - White Walls
    5. Demi Lovato - Neon Lights

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh god! I think I'm developing a celebrity crush on Austin Mahone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've already got over a crush on him and Cody Simpson but Niall is my crush

    ReplyDelete
  8. How do you get that picture in the background? I want to put one on my hits 1 blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1) Go to blogger
      2) select your blog
      3) go to template
      4) Select template
      5) go to your current template
      and select customize
      6) Go to background
      7) You will see a huge selection of images to choose from.

      Delete
  9. Did it work? If not, I can help you in whatever way you need it. I am very good with blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!! I am listening to the countdown right now and apparently Imagine Dragons - Radioactive is a most downloaded song!! When will it go away?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s the version with Kendrick Lamar that is the most downloaded.

      Delete
  11. I finally got over my celebrity crush of Arianna Grande! lol

    ReplyDelete