Friday, January 24, 2014

Top 5 Songs Of 2013 That Failed To Air On The Weekend Countdown

Obviously, due to the number of songs Hits 1 played first that mainstream radio doesn't play, there are quite a few songs that Hits 1 failed to play on their weekly countdown. I was okay with most of them. But here are my 5 favorite songs that Hits 1 failed to place on their countdown.


5. Ylvis – The Fox (What Does The Fox Say?) - This song is really fun to jam out to. Sure the animal sounds are a little annoying. I don't even think their animal sounds. -_- . But this song is a fun song and I like how people get annoyed by it.


4. Drake ft. Majid Jordan – Hold On We're Going Home - Drake never appealed to me the way this song did. He wasn't that interesting in the past. This song doesn't have that much in it. But that's not a bad thing. Drake's vocals aren't bad. I like the beat to it. The beginning kind of reminds me of Lady Gaga ft. R Kelly – Do What U Want.


3. Jay-Z ft. Justin Timberlake – Holy Grail - Justin Timberlake makes this song good. Not a huge fan of Jay-Z. The reason I like this song so much is because Justin Timberlake has fantastic vocals. I love every part where Timberlake sings. Jay-Z's not that bad. But he's not good.


2. Rihanna ft. Mikky Ekko – Stay - I love this song. Rihanna's vocals are fantastic. Mikky Ekko's are good too. It's a nice song that has only piano for an instrument. Only vocals and piano work can be discussed for this song. It's great compared to A Great Big World ft. Christina Aguilera – Say Something.


1. Justin Timberlake – Mirrors - This guy has amazing vocals. I don't know anyone who doesn't like this song. Due to this song's duration, it would've thrown Hits 1 off schedule if they were to play the album version. But still. There's no excuse why this song wasn't aired on Hits 1 and why it never debuted on the Weekend Countdown and could've been a potential #1 song! This is his best! Yet you guys brought the not-as-good-as-Mirrors song Suit & Tie. I don't get it!


Now here is the best & worst song that aired on Hit-Bound but failed to reach the countdown for some reason.

Best: fun. – Out On The Town

Worst: Flo Rida ft. Pitbull – Can't Believe It


That's all guys. NOTE: When Paramore – Ain't It Fun played earlier today, Spyder Harrison said it will debut tomorrow on the Weekend Countdown. So that's one new song. Check out the rest tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I've been thinking of starting to recap the Countdown as well. Do you think I should?

    ReplyDelete