Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pitbull (3) – Week Of January 25, 2014


ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!! I'm over Timber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Deep Breaths). I will try to keep my anger out of this post. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.


  • The Wanted – We Own The Night (#21) [Noooooooo!]
  • Robin Thicke ft. Pharrell & T.I. – Blurred Lines (#19)

Last Week's #1 Song: OneRepublic – Counting Stars
The Countdown
45. Armin van Buuren ft. Trevor Guthrie – This Is What It Feels Like (#45)
44. Hunter Hayes – I Want Crazy (#32)
43. John Newman – Love Me Again (#43)
42. Selena Gomez – Slow Down (RE-ENTRY)
41. Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding – I Need Your Love (#29)
40. Paramore – Ain't It Fun (DEBUT)
39. Lupe Fiasco ft. Ed Sheeran – Old School Love (#41)
38. Lorde – Royals (#44)
37. Lady Gaga – Applause (#31)
36. The Neighbourhood – Sweater Weather (#28)
35. Beyoncé – XO (#33)
34. Imagine Dragons – Radioactive (#36)
33. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton – Can't Hold Us (#35)
32. Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) (#38)
31. Katy Perry – Roar (#30)
30. Pharrell Williams – Happy (#37)
29. Paramore – Still Into You (#42)
28. Glenn Morrison ft. Islove – Goodbye (#39)
27. Bruno Mars – Young Girls (#30)
26. Goldhouse – Feel Good (#25)
25. Justin Timberlake – Drink You Away (#24)
24. Flo Rida – How I Feel (#27)
23. AJR – I'm Ready (#40)
22. Haim – The Wire (#22)
21. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Schoolboy Q & Hollis – White Walls (#23)
20. A Great Big World ft. Christina Aguilera – Say Something (#26)
19. Panic! At The Disco ft. Lolo – Miss Jackson (#20)
18. Midnight Red – Hell Yeah (#18)
17. Lorde – Team (#17)
16. Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight (#3)
15. Bastille – Pompeii (#15)
14. Lady Gaga ft. R. Kelly – Do What U Want (#13)
13. Sara Bareilles – Brave (#12)
12. Zedd ft. Hayley Williams – Stay The Night (#11)
11. Katy Perry ft. Juicy J – Dark Horse (#16)
10. Fall Out Boy – Alone Together (#5)
  9. MKTO – Classic (#10)
  8. Passenger – Let Her Go (#9)
  7. Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up (#6)
  6. One Direction – Story Of My Life (#14)
  5. Ellie Goulding – Burn (#8)
  4. Imagine Dragons – Demons (#7)
  3. Eminem ft. Rihanna – The Monster (#2)
  2. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (#1)
  1. Pitbull ft. Ke$ha – Timber (#4) [3rd Week at #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight (–13)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: AJR – I'm Ready (+17) [Ugh...]

I added 2 new colors: Purple and Orange.
So here's the complete color-code code:
Purple = Best Song On Countdown
Blue = Song Is Okay
Green = Song Is Great!
Yellow = Song Was Good But Got Old
Orange = Worst Song On Countdown
Red = Song Is Bad

New Entants
~ We're welcoming back Selena Gomez – Slow Down. Thank god it wasn't one of the other songs that left last week.

~ We have Paramore – Ain't It Fun. To answer that question, it is fun! This song is fun and made Still Into You old. But this song is fun. I don't expect it to have the success as Still Into You. But I just want it to get somewhere. 

Countdown Info
~ Ellie Goulding – Burn is in the Top 5!

~ Katy Perry ft. Juicy J – Dark Horse is just waiting to enter the Top 10.

~ Besides Selena Gomez – Slow Down, I thought there were no other re-entrants. But there is. And it's sitting there at #16.

~ The Wanted – We Own The Night left so soon! This does not cover all the time it was on Hit-Bound for!

~ MKTO – Classic is slowly moving back up. That's fine.

~ Here we go again with the whole "people don't know where to put the songs that debuted the previous week" thing. I'm talking about Lupe Fiasco ft. Ed Sheeran – Old School Love.

~ The Bottom 5 songs are all good songs!

~ As of right now, here are the 5 songs that suck in no particular order. (Whether overplay or just bad.)

1. Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up)
2. Katy Perry – Roar
3. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis – White Walls
4. Beyoncé – XO
5. AJR – I'm Ready

~ Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis – Can't Hold Us are both shooting to last a year on the countdown. Will Maroon 5 – Payphone hold the record?

~ Eminem ft. Rihanna – The Monster has been at #1 three times on the American Top 40 Countdown and 0 times on this countdown. Please vote for this song for the sake of this blog because if this song is not #1 next week, it will be really hard to keep the negativity out of my post. You know what? I'll start blogging the American Top 40. They seem to know what real music is! The link is http://americantop40review.blogspot.com/

~ Check out my personal Top 40 Blog at http://todaystop40hits.blogspot.com/

~ I've been listening to Far East Movement ft. Ryan Tedder – Rocketeer a lot this week. If you haven't heard it before, check it out.

~ This Week's Artist Of The Week: Far East Movement

~ Enrique Iglesias ft. Pitbull – I'm A Freak isn't that bad. Check it out. Enrique's new single.

~ I've also been listening a lot to Lifehouse ft. Natasha Bedingfield – Between The Raindrops. Can that song still debut this countdown? If it can, please do.

~ For the Hit-Bound poll, Aloe Blacc – The Man came in first with the most votes. Avicii ft. Dan Tyminski – Hey Brother came in second and American Authors – Best Day Of My Life and NONONO – Pumpin' Blood tied in third. Unfortunately, none of those songs debuted.

~ I have to say, this wasn't a very good week. I'm disappointed.

My Top 5 Picks
1. Eminem ft. Rihanna – The Monster
2. Flo Rida – How I Feel
3. Lupe Fiasco ft. Ed Sheeran – Old School Love
4. John Newman – Love Me Again
5. Selena Gomez – Slow Down

19 comments:

  1. You missed a couple of spots. What does purple mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, read the color code, I only read the chart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You missed #21 and #22.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was listening to the countdown and it takes a while to get from #35 to #22. Just saying.

      Delete
    2. It's ok, I am not able to listen to the whole thing since I don't drive to many far away places on weekends, so I am not used to it.

      Delete
  4. Some of my favorite songs right now are on Hit Bound: Hey Brother- Avicii, The Man- Aloe Blacc, Neon Lights- Demi Lovato, Replay- Zendaya, I Want It All- Karmin, Dance Apocalyptic- Janelle Monae, & Keep Me Crazy- Chris Wallace are some of my favs right now! Sleeping With A Friend- Neon Trees & Pumping Blood- NONONO are also really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hit-Bound actually has a lot of good songs. The only song I don't like on Hit-Bound is Zendaya – Replay.

      Delete
  5. Why are people voting for timber instead of the monster. The monster should be #1 instead . What is your favorite hitbound song?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree that people should be voting for The Monster. This is its 3rd week at #1 on the American Top 40. My fave Hit-Bound song is Avicii f/ Dan Tyminski – Hey Brother.

      Delete
    2. Mine is American Authors - Best Day Of My Life

      Delete
  6. http://siriusxmhits1countdownreview.blogspot.com/2014/01/introduction.html
    This is my Hits 1 blog. If you want to check it out feel free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the web version of this blog, I assembled all the blogs in two categories. The Sirius XM Hits 1 Weekend Countdown blogs and the other blogs. So you can keep track of all the blogs.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for putting me in the "Other Blogs" Section!

      Delete
    3. How do I put one on my blog?

      Delete
    4. You go to the “Layout” section on blogger and you can add a gadget. The gadget I used for that is the Link List. I'm pretty sure you can figure out how to use it. If not, tell me and I'll help.

      Delete
  7. Top 5 songs on Hitbound are
    1. Demi Lovato - Neon Lights
    2. Calvin Harris - Thinking About You
    3. Avicii - Hey Brother
    4. Cash Cash - Take Me Home
    5. Zendaya - Replay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Top 5 songs not on Hits 1
    1. Jason Derulo - Talk Dirty
    2. Austin Mahone - Banga Banga
    3. Drake - Hold On We're Going Home
    4. Demi Lovato - Let It Go
    Robin Thicke - Feel Good

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you know that you can create short urls with AdFly and make $$$ from every visitor to your shortened links.

    ReplyDelete