Saturday, December 7, 2013

Olly Murs (1) – Week Of December 7, 2013


Wow. I hope everyone is aware of the fact that we have a new record for highest ascended re-entry. Congratulations, Olly Murs. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we’re saying goodbye to this week.

  • The 1975 – Chocolate (#41)
  • Bruno Mars – Gorilla (#43)
  • Cher Lloyd – I Wish (#45)

Last Week’s #1 Song: Katy Perry – Roar
The Countdown
45. Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding – I Need Your Love (#34)
44. New Politics – Harlem (#35)
43. Lana Del Rey ft. Cedric Gervais – Summertime Sadness (#42)
42. P!nk ft. Lily Allen – True Love (#37)
41. Rihanna – What Now (DEBUT)
40. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton – Can’t Hold Us (#44)
39. Icona Pop – All Night (#40)
38. Maroon 5 – Love Somebody (#39)
37. The Wanted – We Own The Night (DEBUT)
36. Robin Thicke ft. Pharrell & T.I. – Blurred Lines (#32)
35. Ellie Goulding – Burn (DEBUT)
34. One Direction – Story Of My Life (#21)
33. Enrique Iglesias – Heart Attack (#26)
32. Imagine Dragons – Radioactive (#31)
31. Zedd ft. Foxes – Clarity (#38)
30. Capital Cities – Safe and Sound (#33)
29. Wax – Rosana (#24)
28. The Mowgli's – Say It, Just Say It (#29)
27. Travie McCoy ft. Jason Mraz – Rough Water (#15)
26. Linkin Park ft. Steve Aoki – A Light That Never Comes (#25)
25. Serebro – Mi Mi Mi (#30)
24. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (#27)
23. John Newman – Love Me Again (#36)
22. Fall Out Boy – Alone Together (#23)
21. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. ScHoolboy Q & Hollis – White Walls (#22)
20. MKTO – Classic (#19)
19. Flo Rida – How I Feel (#20)
18. Katy Perry – Unconditionally (#16)
17. Lady Gaga ft. R. Kelly – Do What U Want (#28)
16. Panic! At The Disco ft. Lolo – Miss Jackson (#17)
15. Zedd ft. Hayley Williams – Stay The Night (#18)
14. Hunter Hayes – I Want Crazy (#14)
13. Eminem ft. Rihanna – The Monster (#13)
12. The Neighbourhood – Sweater Weather (#12)
11. Pitbull ft. Ke$ha – Timber (#9)
10. Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) (#10)
  9. Armin van Buuren ft. Trevor Guthrie – This Is What It Feels Like (#11)
  8. Selena Gomez – Slow Down (#7)
  7. Lorde – Royals (#6)
  6. Lady Gaga – Applause (#5)
  5. Paramore – Still Into You (#8)
  4. Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up (#2)
  3. Katy Perry – Roar (#1)
  2. Imagine Dragons – Demons (#4)
  1. Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight (#3) [1st Week at #1]

#1 Song 1 Year Ago: Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen – Good Time

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: One Direction – Story Of My Life (–13)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: John Newman – Love Me Again (+13)

Before we get to this week’s new entrants, lets give a moment of silence to Nelson Mandela, who died at age 95 on Thursday...

New Entrants
- Rihanna is back (Yay!) with What Now (oh... ). What Now isn’t as interesting as Right Now or Diamonds. But it’s good. My brother hates this song. Especially the part where she screams “What Now?” 

- The Wanted – We Own The Night has been on Hit-Bound for months now! Here are some songs that were on Hit-Bound with it:
  • Eminem – Berzerk
  • Phillip Phillips – Gone Gone Gone
  • Enrique Iglesias – Turn The Night Up
  • Avril Lavigne – Rock N Roll
  • Robin Thicke – Give It 2 U
  • Demi Lovato – Made In The USA
  • Fall Out Boy – Alone Together
  • Lana Del Rey/Cedric Gervais – Summertime Sadness
There are many more too. We Own The Night is a good song and it must be competing with Story Of My Life. Everyone should know We Own The Night is better though, right? Right?

- Ellie Goulding is back with Burn. Burn is also a good song that has been on Hit-Bound for a while. But who cares? It's here!

Countdown Info
- I color-coded the songs. Green = I want it to stay. Red = I want it to leave.

- Not only did Spyder Harrison forget that Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight was a re-entry, but he forgot that Troublemaker scored #1 a few months back. So he said Dance With Me Tonight was Olly’s first #1 on this countdown.

- Armin van Buuren/Trevor Guthrie – This Is What It Feels Like is accepted into the Top 10.

- The Biggest Jump and DROP!!! Of The Week both moved 13 spots. What a coincidence.

- The Heat (Channel 47) took over 20 on 20 (Channel 3) this past week. This was strange. But whatever.

- Sometime this week, I will be posting a Hits 1 Award Post where we (I) will be awarding songs for longest tenure, most times at #1, highest debut, lowest debut, biggest drop of the year, biggest jump of the year, etc.

- I now know why Katy Perry – Unconditionally isn’t moving up that much. Because Roar is still in the Top 3.

- Speaking of Unconditionally, that is the only 10/26/13 entrant that does not look like it’s on its way out. I Wish is gone. Harlem is at #44. Heart Attack dropped 7 spots to #33. Rosana dropped to #29.

- This countdown is too good for Miley Cyrus. So that explains why she is not here. I’ve recently been jamming out to Drake/Majid Jordan – Hold On We’re Going Home. I would like to see that hit the countdown.

Now for a mini Hit-Bound review.

- Ryan Sampson from The Morning Mash Up hosted Hit-Bound this week. Is Mikey Piff okay? Because this is the second straight week he hasn’t hosted Hit-Bound.

- First we have A Great Big World/Christina Aguilera – Say Something. If you like this song, you’re probably not going to want to read my review, unless you want to hear (or in this case, read) what I have to say. I first heard this as a live performance on the 2013 AMA’s. I don’t think they sound good together. I just don’t like this song.

- Next we have Lorde – Team. This is a little more interesting than Royals. Okay, a lot more interesting. Royals is actually kind of boring. I like Team better.

My Top 5 Picks
1. Linkin Park/Steve Aoki – A Light That Never Comes
2. John Newman – Love Me Again
3. The Wanted – We Own The Night
4. Enrique Iglesias – Heart Attack
5. New Politics – Harlem


7 comments:

  1. I would LOVE to see Hold On, We're Going Home debut too! I like Say Something though. I like slow songs with good vocals like that! What do you think about Fifth Harmony? Like em or hate em?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They’re okay. If I had to pick if I like them or hate them, I pick like them. They’re better than some of the other girl groups we have now. (Haim and Serebro) But they’re good. :)

      Delete
  2. The songs I would put in the red are: Dance With Me Tonight, Still Into You, Applause, My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark, Classic, Mi Mi Mi, Say It Just Say It, Rosana, Safe & Sound, Clarity, Love Somebody, All Night, True Love, & I Need Your Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don’t even like our #1 song?

      Delete
    2. I used to but it got old after a while. I also used to really like Classic, Love Somebody, My Songs Know..., Still Into You, & Clarity but they all got old.

      Delete
    3. So I Need Your Love, True Love, Mi Mi Mi, Say It, Just Say It, and (especially) Rosana are all just bad songs.

      Delete