Monday, December 23, 2013

My Top 45 Songs Of 2013

As I said, Hits 1 had a variety of good songs in 2013. It was hard for me to pick five songs I didn't like. There were songs I didn't like at first, but I started to like eventually. There were songs that I liked at first, but they eventually got old. It was hard for me to pick only 45 songs I liked. And there were a lot of songs I forgot about while forming this Top 45 Song List. I hope you enjoy. Before we get to my Fresh 45, here are the songs that are not being considered but are being honored for almost being considered.


  • Taylor Swift – I Knew You Were Trouble
  • Lana Del Rey feat. Cedric Gervais – Summertime Sadness
  • New Politics – Harlem
  • Enrique Iglesias – Turn The Night Up
  • Katy Perry feat. Juicy J – Dark Horse*
  • Phillip Phillips – Gone Gone Gone
  • Justin Timberlake – Drink You Away*
  • Passenger – Let Her Go*
  • Swedish House Mafia feat. John Martin – Don't You Worry Child
  • Rihanna – Diamonds
  • Demi Lovato – Made In The USA
  • Zedd feat. Foxes – Clarity
  • Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight
  • Labrinth feat. Emeli Sandé – Beneath Your Beautiful
  • Train feat. Ashley Monroe – Bruises
  • Mika feat. Ariana Grande – Popular Song
  • Twenty One Pilots – Holding On To You
  • Sammy Adams feat. Mike Posner – L.A. Story
  • Imagine Dragons – It's Time
  • Bonnie McKee – American Girl
  • Ellie Goulding – Burn
  • One Direction – Story Of My Life

Did I Get Them All?

*These songs debuted late in the year and will be looked at first for consideration in 2014.

45. Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) - Also known as the Unexpected Hit Of The Year for Hits 1. Even though it's old, I can still see some good things in it.

44. Eminem – Berzerk - Eminem is an awesome rapper who makes cool music such as this song. And I know that Spyder Harrison agrees with me.

43. Imagine Dragons – Radioactive - I never thought this song would get as popular as it is. It was just a normal song that I liked before it became so popular and everyone knows it. Everyone likes (or liked) it.

42. Britney Spears – Work B**ch - It's a cool song for Britney after being away for a while. I completely forgot about her when she wasn't making much music.

41. Daft Punk feat. Pharrell & Nile Rodgers – Get Lucky - Pharrell has nice vocals in this song. Nile Rodgers has nice guitar. And Daft Punk's electronic voices really make this song sound cool.

40. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Wanz – Thrift Shop - Cool song from a cool rapper. Thrift Shop has a highly addicting chorus and a whole lot of swearing.

39. Passion Pit – Take A Walk - This is a fascinating song that can't really be described with words.

38. Enrique Iglesias – Heart Attack - Enrique Iglesias is one of the best Latin artists out there. Heart Attack is a great song. Turn The Night Up and I Like It are good too.

37. will.i.am feat. Britney Spears – Scream & Shout - I am not a fan of will.i.am. But Scream & Shout is the only song that will.i.am sounds good in. Britney plays a good role.

36. Imagine Dragons – Demons - I think Hits 1 took a little too long for this song. I think already think it's sort of old because I've heard it a lot before.

35. Calvin Harris feat. Ellie Goulding – I Need Your Love - Calvin Harris makes some good music. He's not the best DJ. But songs like I Need Your Love and Thinking About You are good because of the vocals.

34. Selena Gomez – Slow Down - This is a fun little song to dance to. Though Come & Get It may have been her more popular song, it's Slow Down that is better.

33. Pitbull feat. Christina Aguilera – Feel This Moment - Pitbull and Christina make a good duo to produce this song. It is very energetic. Pitbull is very energetic.

32. Fall Out Boy – Alone Together - A little more interesting than Light Em Up, Alone Together really shows more of the pop side of Fall Out Boy.

31. Katy Perry – Roar Sara Bareilles – Brave - They both sound alike. But since Brave was released in like May, we should all know who the copycat is. Brave has one of the best music videos of the year.

30. Bruno Mars – Locked Out Of Heaven - I thought it was okay at first. But then I really got into it. It's a catchy song for an artist that not a lot of people like.

29. Taylor Swift feat. Ed Sheeran – Everything Has Changed - Taylor Swift is a great female artist who not a lot of people like because all her songs are about breakups. But this song is not about breakups. So there should be no reason why people hate this song.

28. Panic! At The Disco feat. Lolo – Miss Jackson - Is this really Panic! At The DiscoOr is this Fall Out Boy? I don't know. I've never heard Panic! At The Disco before this song. This song is cool though.

27. Ke$ha feat. will.i.am – Crazy Kids - will.i.am ruins the song. If you want to buy this song, buy the version on Ke$ha's album, Warrior. This doesn't have will.i.am in it.

26. The Wanted – We Own The Night - It's a cool song to party to. Better than Glad You Came and Chasing The Sun.

25. Krewella  Live For The Night - This song has more of a dance beat than Alive. You can move more to this song. It is more energetic.

24. Armin van Buuren feat. Trevor Guthrie  This Is What It Feels Like - I really like this song. I love the dance beat. Trevor Guthrie has good vocals.

23. Maroon 5 – Love Somebody - Maroon 5 cannot disappoint me. All their songs (except Daylight) are really good. I believe I heard that Adam Levine's team on The Voice won this past season.

22. Demi Lovato – Heart Attack - I think Heart Attack is her best. She was a great judge on The X Factor. But unfortunately she's leaving. I think she's leaving.

21. The Script feat. will.i.am – Hall Of Fame - This is a very inspirational song with inspirational lyrics. I could do without will.i.am though.

20. OneRepublic – Counting Stars OneRepublic keeps getting better and better. Feel Again was good. But Counting Stars is fantastic.

19. P!nk feat. Nate Ruess – Just Give Me A Reason - This is actually a good song by P!nk. I think it's because Nate Ruess is in this.

18. Flo Rida – How I Feel - Flo Rida is one of my favorite rappers. I'm glad Can't Believe It never hit the countdown. That one was terrible.

17. Avril Lavigne – Rock N Roll - Great song by Avril Lavigne. It has a cool guitar solo. Avril seems really young in this song because of the lyrics. But if you listen to Let Me Go, you'll hear the difference.

16. Paramore – Still Into You - This is a fun little song to jam out to. I never really understood the song until Hayley Williams guest-hosted and when she got to her song, she said what the lyrics meant.

15. MKTO – Classic - I don't hear this song anywhere else. So I don't hear it enough. Radio stations should play this song.

14. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton – Can't Hold Us - Watching Macklemore & Ryan Lewis perform this song makes it a performance I would go see. Macklemore is really energetic and the speed he raps is phenomenal. This song is awesome. 

13. Pitbull feat. Ke$ha – Timber - Pitbull can never disappoint. Ke$ha can never disappoint. Together they made a fantastic song called Timber.

12. Eminem feat. Rihanna – The Monster - Eminem and Rihanna make a good duo and produced one of the best songs in 2010, Love The Way You Lie. The Monster is great too. Rihanna's vocals in the chorus and Eminem's rapping in the verses make the song great.

11. Avicii feat. Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up - Avicii is pretty much the best DJ of 2013! Everyone can jam out to Wake Me Up. It even had the #1 spot on the Weekend Countdown for 4 weeks.

We're now getting into the Top 10. I listened to each of these songs a bunch of times to make sure I was making the right choice.

10. Midnight Red – Hell Yeah - The best boy band so far. (One Direction is the second best) I love this song because it just sounds like something I can jam out to. I like the music video. The music video takes place where this song should be played: a party. Just because they're a boy band doesn't mean you shouldn't listen to their music. Give it a try. :)

9. Zedd feat. Hayley Williams – Stay The Night - Zedd is one of the most popular DJ's of the year. Clarity might've gotten him more fame, but Stay The Night is better.

8. Rihanna feat. David Guetta – Right Now - This song deserved more. It only lasted two weeks. David Guetta plays a good role in this song. Rihanna is a great vocalist.

7. Maroon 5 – Payphone - Funny how I put the longest tenured song right after the shortest tenured song. This is the first song to last a whole year. And it is a great song. Maroon 5's best song. Now that I think of it, I think almost every Maroon 5 song on the Weekend Countdown has hit #1. But the point is that this song is great.

6. Avril Lavigne – Here's To Never Growing Up - Avril Lavigne is one of my favorite female artists. Some people don't like this song and that Avril needs to "grow up". Avril can do whatever she wants with her music. If she wants to keep making music like this, that should be fine. If you don't like it, don't listen to it!

We're getting into the Top 5. I especially listened to these songs a lot.

5. Karmin – Acapella - I don't hear the guy enough in this song. I didn't even know there was a guy in this group until I actually saw them. This song does have some strange noises in it that do nothing but make it strange. Your probably thinking "Then why is it ranked #5?" Everything but those noises are great. I like the lyrics and especially the chorus. I don't think the music video has anything to do with the meaning of the song. But it is still great.

4. Hunter Hayes – I Want Crazy - A cool country song with an Irish tune to it from a cool, young country artist. I still can't believe Hunter is only 22.

3. John Newman – Love Me Again - I'm glad I found this guy. He is slowly getting more famous. He is releasing his new album, Tribute, in the US on January 6, 2014. I am excited. Songs like Cheating, Gold Dust, Down The Line, and Love Me Again are great songs from John Newman. Even Rudimental feat. John Newman – Feel The Love is great. Love Me Again has great instrumentals as well some other songs like Cheating.

2. Olly Murs – Troublemaker - This dude needs to have all his albums out in the US. At least we get this song. This song is a cool song that has catchy pacing and great vocals. I started my blog the week before this song left the countdown. So you have no idea how much I liked it. I'm actually surprised that this isn't my #1 song. But unfortunately, there was a song that was....           .....better. And you are about to see that song.

1. Linkin Park feat. Steve Aoki – A Light That Never Comes - This song is AWESOME!!! Well done, Linkin Park. Teaming up with Steve Aoki was their best decision so far. This is pretty much my favorite song of all time. The music video is very...            ...digital. Linkin Park just became one of my favorite bands of all time. Apparently, the voters don't want another Dubstep. So they refuse to vote for this song. So I'm one of the only people voting for this song. I can't believe a lot of people don't like this song. Whatever. That's their opinion. But my opinion is right!


Hits 1 will be giving their Top 45 songs and I will be posting that. A few individual artists will be giving out their Top 15 songs and I'll be posting that as well.

3 comments: